Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2012, 08:17 AM
nugget21 nugget21 is a male Australia nugget21 is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Mar 2012
View Posts: 12
Re: That Damn Mask

Because he wanted the mask back so he may use it to cause chaos with it. Also Bite my Ass
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2012, 09:32 AM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is offline
Master Shortpants
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East USA
View Posts: 3,958
Re: That Damn Mask

^ I believe he wanted it back so that the world would not be destroyed.

Quote:
So, please, give me that which you
promised me...

Don't tell me...

My mask...

You did...
get it back...Didn't you?

What have you done to me!!!

If you leave my mask out there,
something terrible will happen!

...

According to legend...
the troubles caused by Majora's
Mask were so great...

[*Explosion*]

...

I am begging you!
You must get that mask back
quickly or something horrible will
happen!
__________________
---Hyrule Historia Translations -Revisited, Reviewed & Revised - Japanese Text Included---


Translations:

SS --- TWW

1...........1
2...........2
3...........3
4...........4
5...........5
Last Edited by The Baton of the Wind; 03-20-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2012, 09:48 AM
EternaLegend EternaLegend is offline
erudesu
Steam ID: EternaLegendEL
Join Date: Jan 2008
View Posts: 17,620
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget21 View Post
Because he wanted the mask back so he may use it to cause chaos with it. Also Bite my Ass
When debating, try not to get so heated with your words. The last part of your sentence is unnecessary.

Thanks.
__________________
: )
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2012, 11:56 AM
keyaki keyaki is a male keyaki is offline
Light Spirit
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: ~
View Posts: 6,227
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget21 View Post
Because he wanted the mask back so he may use it to cause chaos with it. Also Bite my Ass
That makes absolutely no sense. You're just splitting hairs now.

And real mature dude~

/sarcasm
__________________
Last Edited by keyaki; 03-20-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM
PersontasticPerson PersontasticPerson is a male Spain PersontasticPerson is offline
My Evil Lair is Around Here
Join Date: Jun 2011
View Posts: 277
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget21 View Post
Because he wanted the mask back so he may use it to cause chaos with it. Also Bite my Ass
No ass is fabulous, especially when you try bringing it into an argument. Hold on, was that actually directed to me? Sweet, I get to rip someone's ass to pieces!! JK, I'm not that evil.

Anyway, all I do is show my arguments to counter yours, which aren't... too great...

Hm... Oh oh, I have a theory regarding Princess Zelda in OoT!!!! Yeah, she's totally evil!! Because at the end she sends Link back in time and she says something like "you don't belong here"! Does that mean she wants Link gone so she can cause havoc in Hyrule now she has the Tow and the OoT and all???

Or oh wait!! What about Shaha-whatever his name is in LttP?? In the beginning he says he doubts if Link can wield the Master Sword and maybe he said that to discourage Link so he wouldnt defeat Ganon so maybe Shaha-??? is connected to or maybe is another alter ego of Ganon!!!

Those examples are a bit overexaggerated, but they do show the problems I see in yours theories. Get me? And the moon children are not evil, so stop using them to prove that HMS is totally evil and wants to destroy the world.
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 03:23 AM
nugget21 nugget21 is a male Australia nugget21 is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Mar 2012
View Posts: 12
Re: That Damn Mask

You Don't know that for fact and the insult was about mocking my grammer. I'm fine with debating thats why were here As for my theory there is some evidence there the main being the Moon Children resembling HMS If they are not Evil why do they dwell inside an ancient Evil mask and what links them to the salesmen they look exactly like him even the one sitting under the tree by himself wearing this zelda titles namesake
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 06:39 AM
PersontasticPerson PersontasticPerson is a male Spain PersontasticPerson is offline
My Evil Lair is Around Here
Join Date: Jun 2011
View Posts: 277
Re: That Damn Mask

Again, I had never said that the HMS was not connected to them. I just said that he was not evil in "I'm gonna destroy the world!" type. Ok, I suspect I didnt bring that over very well... Anyway, not anybody who is connected to that mask must be evil. Hell, I suspect he has more of a connection with that ancient tribe which he mentioned. And he himself said that the elders (probably from the tribe itself) had sealed the mask away to prevent it's misuse. And THEREFORE, not anybody linked to it have to be evil.

Have you also considered to think of Majora as a ingnorant child instead of a psycothic demon? I suggest you to read "Immortal Childhood" by Hylian Dan (?).

Hold on, here is the link.

And it wasnt mockery, I'm just tired of trying to make sense of what you have written.
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-24-2012, 06:48 AM
Fal'Cie Fal'Cie is a male United Kingdom Fal'Cie is offline
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Going nowhere
View Posts: 2,456
Re: That Damn Mask

If you're wondering why the children appear similar to the salesmen it probably because the mask is influenced by whoever has had contact with it recently.
The first brief contact was with the HMS and the second was the Skullkid. Thus the 'avatars' used by the mask to speak with Link were a mash of the two. Happy Mask Salesman Kids.

Considering Majora already used personal information from the life of Skullkid to shape the moon it isn't hard to believe the same was done with the HMS.
__________________

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
Last Edited by Fal'Cie; 03-24-2012 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-25-2012, 03:10 AM
nugget21 nugget21 is a male Australia nugget21 is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Mar 2012
View Posts: 12
Re: That Damn Mask

I see your point but something about HMS just unnerves me His creepy laughter his unexplained powers and so on. His motives are never explored. Furthermore, he seems to have willingly freed Majora's Mask, which shows questionable morals. His knowledge of the mask and his efforts to uncover it imply he was not worried by the threat it posed. Later on he shows he starts to care only when he learns the dark magic that can Destroy the world is active and it will leave the mask and himself well.... dead and unuseable infact skull kid knocked him out in the woods prehaps he was on his way back to Hyrule to use it. About the Hylian Dan articale you sent me I really enjoyed it the Theory about Majora being a lost scared child is nothing short of brilliant I really found it a great read thanks for sharing infact I'm currently composing an essay on the topic. But I'v also read Hylian Dan's other works in which he theoriezes That Majora is infact a Chaos driven Devil he also goes on to say the stone tower was meant to Pierce the heavens to challenge the goddess’s power so they turned the tower to heaven to a read to hell upon which they discovered Majoras Mask the image of Demon. If I'v learned anything its that Hylian Dan is freaking awesome its been fun Theorizing with you
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 PM
HeroOfCourage HeroOfCourage is a male HeroOfCourage is offline
Deku Scrub
Send a message via Skype™ to HeroOfCourage
Join Date: Apr 2012
View Posts: 19
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugget21 View Post
Because he wanted the mask back so he may use it to cause chaos with it. Also Bite my Ass
Lol, only women have asses. But thats my opinion, I have some theory basing off some of Hylian Dans work. I will share it with the one who titled this thread " THAT DAMN MASK!" later.
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Cogitative Proxy Cogitative Proxy is a male United States Cogitative Proxy is offline
Mogma
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ohio
View Posts: 160
Re: That Damn Mask

How about this:

The goddesses created Majora as a lesser deity and assigned him to watch over whatever (the tribe that was mentioned in its story, perhaps). However, it went rogue because it had selfish purposes it wanted to fulfill. The goddesses then sealed Majora into that mask and the tribe continued to use it in its hexing rituals until it became too dangerous. At that point, they sealed it in the darkness. The, the Happy Mask Salesman found it, let it get stolen, and started the whole mess of what led to the game Majora's Mask.

I just came up with all that right now. It seems a little too simple, but whatever.
__________________
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”

-Eleanor Roosevelt

"Envy is ignorance, Imitation is suicide."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Devoid Devoid is a male United States Devoid is offline
Only during the darkest of times can one light shine the brightest
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Between two worlds, seeking trut
View Posts: 343
Re: That Damn Mask

Here is where you guys run onto suspicious, and otherwise thin, ice.

SK was from Termina. If you talk with Anju's grandmother, she'll tell you of a friendship that once existed between the SK and the Giants. After the giants had to return to the respective guarding places, SK went on a rampage, attacking the citizens of Termina. Seeing the trouble SK was causing, the giants banished him from Termina. Which is why he is found in the lost woods in OOT.

During the seven years of Link's absence, apparently early in such time, HMS felt the power of MM from afar and went to find it. After finding it in Termina, HMS began to return to Hyrule, only to be attacked by SK.

SK returned to Termina and, once again, began to wreak havok on Termina.

That's where Link comes into Termina.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2012, 01:28 PM
GrimmyV GrimmyV is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Join Date: Mar 2010
View Posts: 1,701
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
Here is where you guys run onto suspicious, and otherwise thin, ice.

SK was from Termina. If you talk with Anju's grandmother, she'll tell you of a friendship that once existed between the SK and the Giants. After the giants had to return to the respective guarding places, SK went on a rampage, attacking the citizens of Termina. Seeing the trouble SK was causing, the giants banished him from Termina. Which is why he is found in the lost woods in OOT.

During the seven years of Link's absence, apparently early in such time, HMS felt the power of MM from afar and went to find it. After finding it in Termina, HMS began to return to Hyrule, only to be attacked by SK.

SK returned to Termina and, once again, began to wreak havok on Termina.

That's where Link comes into Termina.
I think all of this is true per the game, except the part about HMS finding MM in Termina. We don't know where he found it, or where exactly SK jumped him. We only see SK (or any skull kids) in the lost woods in OoT, so it's likely that HMS was passing through or near the Lost Woods on his way back to the shop.

But it does make sense that SK would go to Termina after stealing MM to get his revenge against the giants. It's not clear why SK came back to Hyrule and ran into Link after spending months screwing around in Termina with the power of the mask.
__________________


'Crackle's Cousin sounds like the name of my next band.' -GrimmyV
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Devoid Devoid is a male United States Devoid is offline
Only during the darkest of times can one light shine the brightest
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Between two worlds, seeking trut
View Posts: 343
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmyV View Post
It's not clear why SK came back to Hyrule and ran into Link after spending months screwing around in Termina with the power of the mask.
He didn't. He only went to Hyrule after the giants banished him, before he stole MM. Afterwards, with his friendship renewed with the giants, he stayed in the non-doomed Termina.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-09-2012, 11:04 PM
GrimmyV GrimmyV is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Join Date: Mar 2010
View Posts: 1,701
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
He didn't. He only went to Hyrule after the giants banished him, before he stole MM. Afterwards, with his friendship renewed with the giants, he stayed in the non-doomed Termina.
SK was totally in Hyrule when he jumped Link at the beginning of MM. This was after SK had spent months using the mask's power to cause all sorts of grief in Termina. I wasn't talking about after the game, but it is most likely that SK never returned to Hyrule, unless he was supposed to be the same character in TP who was running around the woods playing Saria's song.

Bsically, SK 'orginated' in Termina, was banished by the giants and ends up in Hyrule's lost woods, appearantly for centuries. Then SK jumped the HMS and, finally with the power to have revenge on his former friends with the power of MM, he returned to Termina. After some months de-aging bridegrooms and poisoning swamp water he, for some reason, came back to Hyrule (or where ever those woods are in the beginning of the game) and encountered Link, and hilarity ensued. Of course SK once again returned to Termina and was present there throughout the 3 days and presumedly stayed after the 4th, except possibly for the appearance in TP. He went to Hyrule possibly twice, and returned to Termina at least twice after being banished, and that only counts the events documented in one game.
__________________


'Crackle's Cousin sounds like the name of my next band.' -GrimmyV
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2012, 08:07 AM
Devoid Devoid is a male United States Devoid is offline
Only during the darkest of times can one light shine the brightest
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Between two worlds, seeking trut
View Posts: 343
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmyV View Post
SK was totally in Hyrule when he jumped Link at the beginning of MM. This was after SK had spent months using the mask's power to cause all sorts of grief in Termina. I wasn't talking about after the game, but it is most likely that SK never returned to Hyrule, unless he was supposed to be the same character in TP who was running around the woods playing Saria's song.

Bsically, SK 'orginated' in Termina, was banished by the giants and ends up in Hyrule's lost woods, appearantly for centuries. Then SK jumped the HMS and, finally with the power to have revenge on his former friends with the power of MM, he returned to Termina. After some months de-aging bridegrooms and poisoning swamp water he, for some reason, came back to Hyrule (or where ever those woods are in the beginning of the game) and encountered Link, and hilarity ensued. Of course SK once again returned to Termina and was present there throughout the 3 days and presumedly stayed after the 4th, except possibly for the appearance in TP. He went to Hyrule possibly twice, and returned to Termina at least twice after being banished, and that only counts the events documented in one game.
Here's where things get fuzzy based on time elapsing.

SK was in the woods when he attacked Link, but that very well could have happened shortly after he attacted HMS, considering that it was only when Link showed up at the door to the clock tower did HMS show up as well.

On the other hand, SK does seem to have caused a great many of greivances before then. I propose that these greivances were caused by SK BEFORE he stole MM. He hid the Zora eggs, got the giant goron to create an everlasting winter (though this isn't exactly proven), and poisoned the water in the swamplands. It seems entirely feasible, especially in the world of Zelda, that he would be able to do all this without any serious magical power.(What happened in the Ikana region started far before SK came in)

It was only after SK stole MM did he create the plan to bring the moon down onto Termina, destroying it.

The Deku Butler's son is also a time lapse problem. If, and I mean IF, MM really did use the deku butler's son's soul to entrap Link in a Deku scrub form, how did SK go get MM, then go back, halfway, to termina, then turn around and attack Link then entrap him in the Deku form?

My best explanation for that would be that the Deku butler's son was already dieing, or already dead, and MM simply used his still wandering soul to attack Link. My evidence being the Deku butler's son's face. When you look at his face, he looks sad.



He looks like he was sad, not shocked. If I was dieing of natural cause, I would be sad. If I died by an attack from a evil masked imp, then you're dang right I'd be shocked; I'd be scared for my life, literally.

Much like the other creatures that Link gets transformation masks from, The deku butler's son was not at peace when he died. It was only after Link played the Song of Healing for the first time did the deku butler' son's soul get laid to rest.
__________________
Last Edited by Devoid; 04-10-2012 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Fal'Cie Fal'Cie is a male United Kingdom Fal'Cie is offline
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Going nowhere
View Posts: 2,456
Re: That Damn Mask

I think you're on the wrong track there Devoid. There's no way Skull Kid could have cursed those areas without the mask. The Giants had to be transformed before the curses took effect and the forms the Giants were trapped in were implied to be subordinates to the mask.
In addition several references were made to him visiting the areas and causing wrongdoing while he was wearing the mask.
Really if he had that ability the whole time why wouldn't he do it when he was first threatened by the Giants, why does he seem to have no powers before or after he comes across the mask?

It just makes far less sense to believe he did any of this without the mask.
__________________

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
Last Edited by Fal'Cie; 04-10-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Devoid Devoid is a male United States Devoid is offline
Only during the darkest of times can one light shine the brightest
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Between two worlds, seeking trut
View Posts: 343
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Tech View Post
I think you're on the wrong track there Devoid. There's no way Skull Kid could have cursed those areas without the mask. The Giants had to be transformed before the curses took effect and the forms the Giants were trapped in were implied to be subordinates to the mask.
In addition several references were made to him visiting the areas and causing wrongdoing while he was wearing the mask.
Really if he had that ability the whole time why wouldn't he do it when he was first threatened by the Giants, why does he seem to have no powers before or after he comes across the mask?

It just makes far less sense to believe he did any of this without the mask.
-shrugs- eh, that's why I said 'propose' not "I'm sure"

Perhaps MM, after seeing what SK had already done, decided to take it a step further and created the monsters that sealed the 4 giants away. Thus making it impossible for anyone stop it's 'moon crashing down on Termina' plan.

That's just a basic idea that would tie my theorizing and TLoZ:MM together.
__________________
Last Edited by Devoid; 04-10-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2012, 07:29 PM
GrimmyV GrimmyV is offline
Spirit of Seasons
Join Date: Mar 2010
View Posts: 1,701
Re: That Damn Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devoid View Post
-shrugs- eh, that's why I said 'propose' not "I'm sure"

Perhaps MM, after seeing what SK had already done, decided to take it a step further and created the monsters that sealed the 4 giants away. Thus making it impossible for anyone stop it's 'moon crashing down on Termina' plan.

That's just a basic idea that would tie my theorizing and TLoZ:MM together.
I don't have the exact quotes, but Kafei had been in hiding for weeks, if not months, and SK is said to have had the mask at the time he cursed the young bridegroom. This puts the time between robbing HMS and mugging Link at a minimum of weeks.

SK had caused much grief in Termina before gaining MM, but that was before he banished, and it appears that this occurred years, perhaps centuries before the the game. That mischief was not connected to the ills that beset the four worlds that Link remedies in the game.
__________________


'Crackle's Cousin sounds like the name of my next band.' -GrimmyV
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Devoid Devoid is a male United States Devoid is offline
Only during the darkest of times can one light shine the brightest
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Between two worlds, seeking trut
View Posts: 343
Re: That Damn Mask

I had just been over that part of the game and Kafie says nothing about how long he had been there. In fact, he implied that what had happened to him had happened just recently. His wedding mask had only JUST been stolen from him when went to see the clock town great fairy. So my theory is still possible.

At least parts of it. I do agree with you in the idea that SK didn't return to Termina before he got MM, or at the very least there's no implication of that.

Hehehe. ^Imp.

Perhaps MM used a widespread spell to attack all regions(execpt the Ikana region somehow, of course he did turn the Gibdos loose there). Though, I'm sure there is some evidence to prove against that, e.i. someone saying that these problems had been occuring for days, weeks, months, etc.
__________________
Last Edited by Devoid; 04-11-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -