Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 03:27 PM
OcarinaofKeith OcarinaofKeith is a male United States OcarinaofKeith is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 371
What happened here

After Link is defeated and Ganondorf gets all the triforce pieces in OoT....what happens leading to ALttP.
Some inconsistencies...Ganondorf touches the triforce with bloodstained hands and becomes Ganon and kills his minions or something like that. Now the question is...When Ganon then entered the sacred realm. The King wanted to order a Seal becuase evil began flowing from it... so HOW di a DEAD KING order that. where was the battle between what looked like moblins and soldiers over the trifroce

none the less why would the king seal Ganon in the SR with the whole triforce..OF COURSE he would escape since he had all the pieces of the most powerful thing in the whole world.

Someone fill me in on the gap between OoT and ALttP and maybe if you can debunk somethings ive asked id appreciate it. these are my 2 favorite games and even I cant figure it out.

Thanks
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Zora Warrior
Re: What happened here

is no one able to answer this or do people not want to? just curious
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Hero of Koridai
View Posts: 640

The battle between Ganondorf and his minions happened after Link pulled the Master Sword. In wishing to conquer the world, Ganondorf had established dominion over the Sacred Realm, but he didn't stay there for very long because he had to get the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage.

After Link died, Ganondorf got the entire Triforce and turned into Ganon. The Seven Sages sealed Ganon and the Triforce in the Dark World. They let him keep the Triforce because Ganon would never give up the Triforce unless he was killed, and there was no one alive who could kill him.

The Imprisoning War happened years later, so the King here is not Zelda's father. If I had to guess I'd say that Zelda got married and the new King is her husband. During that short era of relative peace, Hyrule Castle was rebuilt and the Knights of Hyrule came back together. However, Link did not reincarnate.

The seal from the Imprisoning War was a seal on the entire Dark World itself, so it's different from that first seal that put Ganon in the Dark World.
Last Edited by Spoon Link; 02-11-2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon Link View Post

After Link died, Ganondorf got the entire Triforce and turned into Ganon. The Seven Sages sealed Ganon and the Triforce in the Dark World. They let him keep the Triforce because Ganon would never give up the Triforce unless he was killed, and there was no one alive who could kill him.
The HoT never killed Ganon in the AT either, even though he had won. It seems the only way to kill a TF powered Ganon is the Silver Arrows (he lost theToP right before he died in TP).

At any rate, the whole idea of the DT and the game over scenario is something that has confused many people on this forum, and no one, it seems, has come up with an adequate way to explain it to western fans.

'Crackle's Cousin sounds like the name of my next band.' -GrimmyV
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-11-2012, 07:17 PM
Hero of Koridai

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimmyV View Post
The HoT never killed Ganon in the AT either, even though he had won. It seems the only way to kill a TF powered Ganon is the Silver Arrows (he lost theToP right before he died in TP).

At any rate, the whole idea of the DT and the game over scenario is something that has confused many people on this forum, and no one, it seems, has come up with an adequate way to explain it to western fans.
I think it was the fact that he was Ganondorf (not Ganon) that made him vincible.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 01:28 AM
Pierced the Heavens - Who the Hell do you think I am?!
View Posts: 1,010

Quote:
Didn't TP's end prove that the MS can do that too?
The HH states that the DT is the result if the Hero failed. In the event the Hero could fail, the DT is what would transpire. relegates it to a "what if" scenario which explicitly with that, being stated as such in the book itself. And due to the fact the hero does indeed win to open the CT and AT.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Spirit of Seasons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamina View Post
Didn't TP's end prove that the MS can do that too?
It's debatable, but I thought the HH stated the ToP left Ganon, causing him to die from his many wounds. This would be consistent with other depictions of the MS only killing Ganon without the TF.

The HH also states that Ganon is just a nickname for Ganondorf, just that his beast form is usually called Ganon while his human form is called both interchangeably.

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Zora Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon Link View Post
The battle between Ganondorf and his minions happened after Link pulled the Master Sword. In wishing to conquer the world, Ganondorf had established dominion over the Sacred Realm, but he didn't stay there for very long because he had to get the Triforces of Wisdom and Courage.

The Imprisoning War happened years later, so the King here is not Zelda's father. If I had to guess I'd say that Zelda got married and the new King is her husband. During that short era of relative peace, Hyrule Castle was rebuilt and the Knights of Hyrule came back together. However, Link did not reincarnate.

The seal from the Imprisoning War was a seal on the entire Dark World itself, so it's different from that first seal that put Ganon in the Dark World.
Excellent hahahah thank you
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
View Posts: 2,750

Quote:
It's debatable, but I thought the HH stated the ToP left Ganon, causing him to die from his many wounds. This would be consistent with other depictions of the MS only killing Ganon without the TF.

The HH also states that Ganon is just a nickname for Ganondorf, just that his beast form is usually called Ganon while his human form is called both interchangeably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrule Historia, p118
•The Triforce of Power

The power that dwells within Ganondorf. Finally exhausted, the crest disappears.
Doesn't really say anything about it leaving him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Spirit of Seasons

It seems to imply that the ToP was actually used up. Would that mean there is only the other two parts of the TF left in that timeline? What else would it mean if the crest dissapears after being 'exhausted'? Is it the ToP or Ganon being exhausted? It's just as vague as the actual game!

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:00 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
View Posts: 2,750

Like I said in the complaint thread, I figure it was Ganondorf trying to use Power to survive getting run through again and failing. Realistically, we'd expect the Highlander treatment to work on Ganondorf, Power or no, so the idea that getting run through with the Master Sword was an injury that Power was simply incapable of healing isn't too farfetched. Power tries to heal him and was failing, so it metaphorically goes "screw it" and becomes dormant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Twili
View Posts: 435

This is basically what happens (I think that another person's way of describing the events might facilitate the understanding):

OoT Link challenges Ganondorf after having freed the Seven Sages. At this point, Ganondorf has already kidnapped Zelda. Link fails in this battle (note that he might survive, though), allowing Ganondorf to take the Triforce of Courage from him. Ganondorf also takes the Triforce of Wisdom from Zelda.

However, all is not lost, since Zelda and the other Sages seal Ganondorf inside the Dark World, which came to be when Ganondorf originally touched the Triforce. (Note that this is probably a retcon since AlttP clearly states that the Dark Word was created when Ganonodorf wished upon the Triforce, just before the Seal War).

Time passes and people try to find their way to the Dark World, in search for the Golden Power, however, no one returns. One day, evil started leaving the Dark World. In order to stop this, and in turn Ganon who lies behind the invasion, the King of Hyrule (whether it be the one from OoT that did survive, since there is no information on his whereabouts, or a succeeding one), orders seven Sages, who might be the ones from OoT or not, to seal the entrance to the Dark World. This is the Seal War

/Blue Window

------/---WW/PH---ST (Adult)
SS---TMC---FS---OoT---AlttP/OoX/LA--LoZ/AoL (Downfall)
------\MM---TP---FSA (Child)
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Hero of Koridai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Window View Post
This is basically what happens (I think that another person's way of describing the events might facilitate the understanding):

OoT Link challenges Ganondorf after having freed the Seven Sages. At this point, Ganondorf has already kidnapped Zelda. Link fails in this battle (note that he might survive, though), allowing Ganondorf to take the Triforce of Courage from him. Ganondorf also takes the Triforce of Wisdom from Zelda.

However, all is not lost, since Zelda and the other Sages seal Ganondorf inside the Dark World, which came to be when Ganondorf originally touched the Triforce. (Note that this is probably a retcon since AlttP clearly states that the Dark Word was created when Ganonodorf wished upon the Triforce, just before the Seal War).

Time passes and people try to find their way to the Dark World, in search for the Golden Power, however, no one returns. One day, evil started leaving the Dark World. In order to stop this, and in turn Ganon who lies behind the invasion, the King of Hyrule (whether it be the one from OoT that did survive, since there is no information on his whereabouts, or a succeeding one), orders seven Sages, who might be the ones from OoT or not, to seal the entrance to the Dark World. This is the Seal War

/Blue Window
I think that when Ganondorf touched the Triforce, the Dark World was created, and when Ganondorf wished to rule the world, that made him the ruler of the Dark World.