Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 128
Chronology of the Triforce

So, has anyone attempted this yet? Make a timeline of where the Triforce is and where it is split, etc, in the timeline. I suppose it goes something like this?

- First, it's created. The place it lands on is called the Sacred Realm (SR).
Hylia builds the statue of the goddess, and the dungeon within with portals to the SR and the Triforce, then sends it skywards.

- SS Link gets the entire Triforce

- I suppose he eventually brings it back again? Then they build the temple of time around the portal to the Temple of Light, where it now resides. Seal the portal with the door of time and master sword.

- Ganon gets it, but it splits, Link and Zelda get a piece each.

- Adult timeline: I guess the Triforce of Courage splits into 8 pieces and is scattered throughout Hyrule, since the Hero of Time disappears? And Ganon and Zelda has a part each, I haven't beaten Wind Waker yet, but I see in the plot summary on Wikipedia that the King gets the Triforce? And maybe keeps it until the end of this timeline

- Child timeline: I'm a little confused here, Ganon is imprisoned or executed before he can access the SR, so I thought the Triforce would be there, but Ganon has the Triforce of Power in Twilight Princess? Why? And is the Triforce in Four Swords Adventures?

- Defeated Timeline: First Ganon gets the entire Triforce, then at the end of the game, Link gets it. I supposed this is when Link gives the Triforce to the monarchy, unless it's in the oracle games? And in the original LoZ, Ganon is ressurected and tries to steal the Triforce again, but it splits like in OoT?

Any help would be appreciated. And also, what happens when a bearer of the Triforce, or part of it, dies? Does the Triforce just lay around waiting for someone new to touch it?
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Chicken Nugget
Send a message via Skype™ to Kailuh727
View Posts: 392
Re: Chronology of the Triforce

I thought the triforce was split in OoT when Ganon touched because of his impure heart.

I'm probably misunderstanding it,

Although, I'd really like to know how in WW the Triforce of Wisdom was divided into 2 pieces and the Triforce of Courage was divided into 8 pieces.

You make my sword go skyward
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Al "Stinkfoot" Bundy Wins
View Posts: 3,442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailuh727 View Post
I thought the triforce was split in OoT when Ganon touched because of his impure heart.

I'm probably misunderstanding it,

Although, I'd really like to know how in WW the Triforce of Wisdom was divided into 2 pieces and the Triforce of Courage was divided into 8 pieces.
King daphnes divided the ToW into two pieces, and gave one piece to his son/daughter and instructed him/her to protect it,while he kept the other piece.

The ToC was left behind when Link left for the Child Timeline. Im not sure whether the ToC divided and hid on its own when Link left, or if Zelda(or someone else) did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganon Vader View Post
It's good that Ganon got revived for LOZ because when he invaded Hyrule, he destroyed all of its linearity.
Last Edited by ASBW; 01-27-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan
View Posts: 2,622

Splitting a Triforce piece into sub-pieces isn't unprecedented; Zelda did the same way back in LoZ.

As for Courage, I'm going to say that someone went and did it, since the fact that the pieces are found in treasure chests implies that somebody had to put them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamtos View Post
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailuh727 View Post
It was because he didn't have the three virtues in balance, he had much more power than wisdom and courage, thus it split. But apparently, he had them in balance before A Link to the Past, since he obtains the entire Triforce there? I don't know exactly how it is in the NES games, I haven't finished them..
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Jedi Master Sagan Jedi Master Sagan is a male United States Jedi Master Sagan is offline
made of star stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Yahoo to Jedi Master Sagan Send a message via Skype™ to Jedi Master Sagan

According to the Historia, Ganondorf split the True Force, but was able to recover the other two pieces from Zelda and the Hero of Time, which was how he had the whole thing in LttP.

The Hero of Time had Courage when he was shunted off to the "child" branch, so the True Force split upon his arrival. That's how Ganondorf had Power in TP, and the Royal Family reassembled the True Force after his death, apparently keeping in Hyrule Castle even through FSA. Frankly, that reeks of arse-pull, but whatever.

Quote:
I'd call you our resident science fairy but you have more of a tendency to bulldoze over theories and "science bulldozer" just doesn't have that nickname sparkle.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 02:58 PM
Gerudo Thief

Aah, I see! That actually makes sense, at least it's an explanation.

Still, I think there should be more info about how the Triforce works, like what happens when a bearer dies? No info on this in Hyrule Historia?
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 05:48 PM
Ganon's Bane
View Posts: 5,581

The Goddesses create the world and leave. High above the sky of the Sacred Realm, where they left, stood the Triforce.

At some point the Triforce was separated and hidden in separate rooms of the Sacred Realm's Sky Keep by Hylia to protect it from Demise. At this time she also raised the land to the sky to protect the people from the evil on the surface and she battled Demise, resulting in him being sealed.

The Triforce is obtained by Link, who wishes upon it to wipe out Demise. It is then left in the hands of the statue of Hylia for a short time.

The Triforce is moved back to the Sacred Realm. Eventually, the Dark Interlopers attempt to invade the Sacred Realm and obtain the Triforce. They fail and are sealed in the Twilight Realm.

Eventually, the Temple of Light is built in the Sacred Realm by Rauru and the Triforce is moved there.

Ganondorf gets into the SR and touches the Triforce. It splits because of his uneven attributes. Ganon gets Power, Zelda gets Wisdom, and Link gets Courage.

Adult Timeline

Link defeats Ganondorf with the Master Sword and he is sealed in the SR with the Triforce of Power still in his hands. Zelda sends him back in time and the Triforce of Courage is left behind. It is then split apart and hidden in chests across Hyrule.

At some point, King Daphnes splits the Triforce of Wisdom into two pieces. He keeps one, and the other is passed down to Zelda and her descendants.

Ganon nearly escapes his seal, but the Goddesses intervene and flood Hyrule to keep him sealed.

Ganon escapes his seal to the Great Sea.

The Triforce of Courage is gathered and reassembled by Link from the bottom of the Great Sea.

The Triforce of Wisdom is joined back into one piece when Tetra meets with the ghost of Daphnes.

Ganondorf defeats Link and Zelda and reassembles the true Triforce. Before he makes his wish, Daphnes touches it and makes his wish first. Ganon is then vanquished with the Master Sword by Link. Presumably, the Triforce is still there, under the sea.

Child Timeline

Upon returning to the past, the Triforce of Courage returns to Link, sensing that he is its rightful wielder. This causes the other two pieces to seek out Zelda and Ganondorf.

At Ganondorf's execution, he discovers that he has the Triforce of Power and uses it to escape, but is sealed in the Twilight Realm.

Ganon escapes and is vanquished by Link with the Master Sword. What happens to the Triforce after this is unknown.

Downfall Timeline

Ganon defeats Link and takes the Triforce of Courage and Wisdom from him and Zelda. Zelda escapes and with the help of the people of Hyrule and the sages, manages to seal Ganon in the Sacred Realm.

Ganon becomes the ruler of the Sacred Realm, which is now his kingdom.

Eventually, the seal weakens and Ganon sends out his miasma to infect Hyrule and abduct evil people into his army. The sages of the time manage to seal the hole in the Sacred Realm due to the Knights of Hyrule sacrificing themselves to protect them during the casting.

Eventually the seal weakens again. Ganon sends out a part of himself into Hyrule named Aghanim. Aghanim attempts to open the seal completely so that Ganon can get into Hyrule and rule everything.

Link, using the Master Sword, and the Silver Arrows, enters the Sacred Realm and vanquishes Ganon. He claims the Triforce for himself and cleanses the land of Ganon's evil.

The Triforce is moved to a castle in Hyrule.

The Triforce calls upon Link to save Holodrum and Labrynna and stop Ganon's resurrection. He succeeds.

The King of the time decides to separate the Triforce of Courage from the other two pieces and hide it in the Great Palace where it is greatly protected. This is presumably so that nobody can steal the whole Triforce at once in the unfortunate event that someone manages to get to it in the castle.

Ganon is eventually resurrected anyway, or perhaps was never completely destroyed in the Oracle games.

Ganon and his forces attack Hyrule Castle and attempt to steal the two pieces of the Triforce there. He successfully steals the Triforce of Power, but Zelda manages to protect the Triforce of Wisdom.

Zelda splits the Triforce into pieces and hides them in dungeons across Hyrule so that Ganon can't get it.

Link gathers the pieces of the Triforce of Wisdom, and with its power, and the Silver Arrows, he vanquishes Ganon and obtains the Triforce of Power as well.

In order to wake the ancient sleeping Zelda, and also to rid the world of the remnants of Ganon's army once and for all, Link endeavors to obtain the Triforce of Courage from the Great Palace. He does so. The sleeping princess wakes, and peace is restored to Hyrule.
Last Edited by silver arrow; 01-27-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 06:56 PM
Hero of Koridai
View Posts: 640

Some clarification on the state of the Triforce between SS and OoT:

Between SS and the Hero of Men, the Dark Interlopers appeared and the Age of Chaos began. Rauru built the Temple of Time at the Sealed Grounds and sealed himself and the Triforce in the Sacred Realm. There, Rauru built the Temple of Light and put Kaepora Gaebora in the Light World.
Last Edited by Spoon Link; 01-27-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Ganon's Bane

Edited my post to include that.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 04:25 AM
Gerudo Thief

Thanks a lot! Seems very accurate.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Sheikah
View Posts: 517

Was the Triforce not out in the Light World when Demise attacked? I know that it was in the Sacred Realm at creation, but in the beginning intro sequence, we are shown humans worshiping the Triforce, suggesting that it was in the Light World before Hylia hid it above the clouds.

(And was it not found in the Silent Realm by Link in SS rather than the Sacred Realm?)
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Gerudo Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvagia_slayer View Post
Was the Triforce not out in the Light World when Demise attacked? I know that it was in the Sacred Realm at creation, but in the beginning intro sequence, we are shown humans worshiping the Triforce, suggesting that it was in the Light World before Hylia hid it above the clouds.

(And was it not found in the Silent Realm by Link in SS rather than the Sacred Realm?)
I suppose they just worshipped the Triforce without ever actually seeing it, they just knew about it, and it's great power and divinity. And they knew that it was somewhere in their town (or as we find out, rather, a portal to where it is). So I think it was in the SR all along, until Link finds it.

I got a bit confused by this too. When you get the Triforce, it looks like the silent realm, so I thought maybe they were the same place, but I've dismissed that idea, since the silent realm is a purely spiritual/astral place. (Fi says that you leave your physical body behind)
And the SR is definitely a physical place, as we see clearly in A Link to the Past. And the Triforce pieces are also physical in many games.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Sheikah

^I completely agree with you that the Silent Realm is a spiritual place and the Sacred Realm is a physical place, but that fact alone isn't enough to dismiss the similarities that the place has to the Silent Realm when you get the Triforce. After all, whenever you beat the other Silent Realm challenges, you were always rewarded with physical items as well. So there has to be some method by which physical items can be transferred to someone through the Silent Realm, which would mean there's nothing stopping that place which looks and acts like the Silent Realm from being the Silent Realm apart from continuity (i.e., the Triforce supposedly being in the Sacred Realm from creation until the events of OoT, as the games led us to believe before SS (granted, it could still be the case if SS's placement is ever moved, but I'm sure we both know how easily people would take to that idea...)).
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Ganon's Bane

I'm pretty positive that the Silent Realm IS the Sacred Realm.

Also, the creation story says that the Triforce was left high in the sky of the sacred realm, yet it is evidently in the Temple of Light in OOT. That alone implies that it was moved before.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Link Harkanian Link Harkanian is a male United States Link Harkanian is offline
Send a message via AIM to Link Harkanian Send a message via Yahoo to Link Harkanian Send a message via Skype™ to Link Harkanian
View Posts: 186

Yeah, it's pretty well implicated in SS that the Siren Realm and the Sacred Realm are one and the same. I think the difference is in how Link in SS got there; he entered through use of the Goddess Sword as designed by Hylia, while in the Sky Keep, you get the Triforce in closed off portions of the Siren Realm. Plus, when the entire Realm "comes awake", the sky is golden in color, and you find the Triforc pieces in the Sky of the Siren Realm.

And yes, I call it Siren, because that's what the circles themselves at the entry/exit points call it. =
Last Edited by Link Harkanian; 01-28-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Sheikah

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver arrow View Post
Also, the creation story says that the Triforce was left high in the sky of the sacred realm
Are you sure? In OoT and TP we're told that it was left in the Sacred Realm where the goddesses touched down, i.e., the ground, not the sky. You may be confusing the picture in the ALttP booklet with the actual legend we're given. (Unless I'm forgetting a particular version of the creation story.)

Also, how can the Silent Realm and Sacred Realm be the same place when one is a spiritual place and the other is a physical place?
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 09:53 PM
Link Harkanian Link Harkanian is a male United States Link Harkanian is offline
Send a message via AIM to Link Harkanian Send a message via Yahoo to Link Harkanian Send a message via Skype™ to Link Harkanian
View Posts: 186

As I said, the way Link in SS got to the Siren Realm was designed to test him spiritually, and the Sacred Realm is described as a parallel to Hyrule itself, just like the Siren Realm was. As the Siren Realm was where the Triforce was kept in SS, logic concludes they are in fact one and the same. Also, nowhere in the backstory is it ever said that the Sacred Realm was initially a physical location, just that the Triforce turned the Sacred Realm into a twisted reflection of Hyrule in order to fulfill Ganondorf's wish per LTTP's backstory. As this has been subsequently retconned by OoT, and further more with following games, it stands to reason that the Sacred Realm was original a metaphysical plane, and was turned into a physical world when Ganondorf was banished there..
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 10:13 PM
made of star stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver arrow View Post
I'm pretty positive that the Silent Realm IS the Sacred Realm.

Also, the creation story says that the Triforce was left high in the sky of the sacred realm, yet it is evidently in the Temple of Light in OOT. That alone implies that it was moved before.
Actually, that's only in the localized version of LttP.

Quote:
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Ganon's Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoshi View Post
Actually, that's only in the localized version of LttP.
Ah, you're right. It doesn't specify. It's still clearly shown to be in the sky in the creation cutscene of OOT, and in the illustrations of the ALTTP manual though.

Oh well. Doesn't really matter. It's not in the Temple of Light when it's created or in SS, and is in OOT.
Last Edited by silver arrow; 01-28-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote