Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 07:50 AM
ReRedead ReRedead is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 9
Smile Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Before you go any further, This whole Theorising is Based on the Manga of OoT and MM, Thus, Some of this applies. If you do not read this, or havent read the manga, you'll probably not know some of the storyline. If you ignore my first two rules, and you argue with my point of view, i have a right to ignore you. If you know what your talking about, then go right ahead!

Thoery 1: The Disappearence of Navi

Based on The Manga, Its my opinion to say that Navi left Link because She forfilled the task Great Deku Tree gave her, She couldnt of been stuck in Oot Future World because in the Manga, it shows her Returning with Link through the portal opened by Princess Zelda in the Future . Also it says CLEARLY in the manga, that Navi thinks Link is a Wonderful Hero and that She's returning to the forest, but she never said goodbye, she just left... (Probably not well with goodbye's.) Heres 2 pics scanned from the Manga. First one is Navi and Link speaking with Princess Zelda after the defeat of Ganon, and the second one is Navi leaving.




Theory 2: The Connection of Hyrule and Termina and The reason Link never found Navi.
My theory on Terminia and why Link never found Navi is based on this. Link was originally travelling around the Lost woods in search for Navi, But got Hi-Jacked by the StalKid (Thats Technically his name in Hyrule) and co. But. StalKid was wearing the Majora's Mask at the time. "But I Thought SkullKid got the mask in Terminia?" WRONG! StalKid Stole the Mask From the Happy Mask Merchant whilst he was strolling through the Lost Woods. Now this is what i think happened. When StalKid put on the mask, it gave him Disturbing Powers, allowing him to do nearly anything he want to people, but not under his control. So to speak, he was corrupted by Majora. Now, When StalKid Transformed Link into DekuLink, he accidently Dimentionally Teleported him and Link to Terminia. Thus, The true Navi we all know doesn't Exist! Neither does anyone Else From Hyrule Exist. They may be in Terminia, but they dont recondise Link because 1: Link never saved their world. 2: Link is from Hyrule. So, that explains why Link never found Navi! Because He was too young to recondise that he was stuck in a Parallel Universe. Pics to prove it. First one is Link In Terminia, and noticing King Zora and Mr Ingo, but they dont notice him, not even when he's transformed back into himself! the second one is StalKid Hypnotising Epona with the Majora's Mask in Hyrule.





Sorry about my rants, but i have a few more topics i'd like to dive into tomorrow, like "Why did Link have to kill his Childhood Pet Volvagia?!" and more. Comment on what you think about this. Plus, if you's have any requests on pics you want to see for evidence, just ask!
__________________

IMadeThis!
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 07:58 AM
DeiStar Mexico DeiStar is offline
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 2,597
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

But if you say that Skull Kid got the mask in Hyrule, that means he traveled back, because he met Tatl and Tael in Termina.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:14 AM
SuperDecimal SuperDecimal is offline
SeriousDiscussion
Join Date: Jun 2005
View Posts: 24,050
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

I'm not quite sure what your point is exactly, other than to state what the manga (and games) say already.

[The manga and the games are not interchangeable media, but the two state pretty much the same thing anyways from what you're putting forward.]

We all know Navi left Link when he returned to the past, since the ending of Ocarina of Time shows us exactly that. I don't think anyone has ever stated Navi got stuck in the future...it's simply not what happens in the manga or the videogames...

Miyamoto has stated when asked about Zelda and Link's romance in Ocarina of Time that in the game, it's actually Navi that has romantic feelings for Link and that she was jealous of Zelda and Link's attraction, so nothing new there either.

We also knew that Termina is a completely separate, independent world that has absolutely nothing to do with Hyrule and exists in its own right - so logically Navi or people form Hyrule wouldn't appear there. And we know the Skullkid got the Mask from the Happy Mask Salesman in the Hylian Woods, because that's exactly what we're told.

I'm sorry - but I genuinely am not sure what you're trying to say?
Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Eren Jaeger, SirLinkus
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM
ReRedead ReRedead is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 9
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei~ View Post
But if you say that Skull Kid got the mask in Hyrule, that means he traveled back, because he met Tatl and Tael in Termina.
OBJECTION! XD. In the Manga, Tatl and Tael were teleported with him into Termina as well, so technically he must of met them in the Lost Woods at Hyrule. Pic for proof? I can also post him Thefting the Mask from the Happy Mask Salesman?
__________________

IMadeThis!
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:22 AM
DeiStar Mexico DeiStar is offline
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 2,597
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

In the game, Tatl and Tael are seen flying in the Termina field, looking for refuge from the cold rain, then they met Skull Kid. They played around Termina field, and all of these way before Skull Kid stole the mask.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: The Doctor
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:23 AM
SuperDecimal SuperDecimal is offline
SeriousDiscussion
Join Date: Jun 2005
View Posts: 24,050
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

To be fair, the OP specifically said he was talking about the manga.

In the videogame, you're absolutely right though, Tatl an Tael are native to Termina.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:27 AM
DeiStar Mexico DeiStar is offline
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 2,597
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Well the manga sometimes alters some details, but in the manga Tatl seems to know a lot about Termina. Something a fairy from Hyrule as OP says wouldn't know.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 AM
ReRedead ReRedead is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 9
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Oh, I see your point there. And i completely understand where your coming from, but i was diving into the known area's first to clean up a few things, like "How did They get into Termina?" and Stuff like that. I'm also looking into further stuff about the Brainwashing of Volvagia and Nabooru and seeing if there similar or not.
__________________

IMadeThis!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:32 AM
SuperDecimal SuperDecimal is offline
SeriousDiscussion
Join Date: Jun 2005
View Posts: 24,050
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei~ View Post
Well the manga sometimes alters some details, but in the manga Tatl seems to know a lot about Termina. Something a fairy from Hyrule as OP says wouldn't know.
Oh absolutely. In the manga, I'm certain Tatl and Tael are also Terminan. The manga likes to invent and change things around, but this seems to stay the same.

I suppose in any case, the thread doesn't have any sort of "breakthrough" about Navi's whereabouts, since this is all stuff we've known for years already.
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:35 AM
DeiStar Mexico DeiStar is offline
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 2,597
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Navi's whereabouts are still a mystery.
For example, did Link find her? where was she? why she left?

I don't think Nintendo will ever tell us what happened with Navi.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:40 AM
ReRedead ReRedead is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 9
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei~ View Post
Well the manga sometimes alters some details, but in the manga Tatl seems to know a lot about Termina. Something a fairy from Hyrule as OP says wouldn't know.
Yes, but Termina is basically the opposite of Hyrule. So there could be the possibility that either 1: Tatl and Tael are native to Termina (As you said.) 2: Tatl's Navi's opposite. 3: Stalkid has figured out a way to travel between worlds with/without the Majora's Mask.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal View Post
Oh absolutely. In the manga, I'm certain Tatl and Tael are also Terminan. The manga likes to invent and change things around, but this seems to stay the same.

I suppose in any case, the thread doesn't have any sort of "breakthrough" about Navi's whereabouts, since this is all stuff we've known for years already.
Yeah, kinda Failed with that, shoulda checked with other peoples posts first. Well.. Maybe not.. The fairies are supposed to listen to the Deku Tree, right? so maybe Navi just returned to the new Sapling.
__________________

IMadeThis!
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:43 AM
SuperDecimal SuperDecimal is offline
SeriousDiscussion
Join Date: Jun 2005
View Posts: 24,050
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dei~
Navi's whereabouts are still a mystery.
For example, did Link find her? where was she? why she left?

I don't think Nintendo will ever tell us what happened with Navi.
It's one those plotlines they never followed up, though for the story of the Hero of Time, which is essentially the franchise's token "Tragic Hero" it's somewhat fitting that the last we see of him, he's still searching for his missing partner. I don't think Nintendo will ever address Navi's fate personally. Unlike other plots that are not concluded (out of either poor writing or whatnot) this seemed to be very deliberate and open ended for a reason. And I think it works.
Hopefully we'll see something of her in the future - if the 3DS Zelda game is indeed a HoT story game, we could have Navi involved in some way. That's just pure speculation form me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReReDead
Yes, but Termina is basically the opposite of Hyrule. So there could be the possibility that either 1: Tatl and Tael are native to Termina (As you said.) 2: Tatl's Navi's opposite. 3: Stalkid has figured out a way to travel between worlds with/without the Majora's Mask.
Termina is not the opposite of Hyrule. It's completely different. There are no "Terminan counterparts" or "opposities." Termina is a seperate world, not a mirror reflection of Hyrule.

Skullkid was always able to cross the dimensional door between Hyrule and Termina way before he acquired the Mask. He was friends with the Giants of Termina before they even created the world there.
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:47 AM
ReRedead ReRedead is offline
Deku Scrub
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 9
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal View Post
It's one those plotlines they never followed up, though for the story of the Hero of Time, which is essentially the franchise's token "Tragic Hero" it's somewhat fitting that the last we see of him, he's still searching for his missing partner. I don't think Nintendo will ever address Navi's fate personally. Unlike other plots that are not concluded (out of either poor writing or whatnot) this seemed to be very deliberate and open ended for a reason. And I think it works.
Hopefully we'll see something of her in the future - if the 3DS Zelda game is indeed a HoT story game, we could have Navi involved in some way. That's just pure speculation form me though.



Termina is not the opposite of Hyrule. It's completely different. There are no "Terminan counterparts" or "opposities." Termina is a seperate world, not a mirror reflection of Hyrule.

Skullkid was always able to cross the dimensional door between Hyrule and Termina way before he acquired the Mask. He was friends with the Giants of Termina before they even created the world there.
Yes, but if the worlds are not opposites, why are there counterparts of people from OoT in MM In the Manga? King Zora was Spotted in Termina, but Link never questioned his name, so you may be right on that one, but Mr Ingo was there setting up the fair as well, and he never noticed Link at all, as a matter of fact, he didnt even recongnised him. To be fair, he was in DekuForm, but he did come back into town normal. and still.
__________________

IMadeThis!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 AM
SuperDecimal SuperDecimal is offline
SeriousDiscussion
Join Date: Jun 2005
View Posts: 24,050
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

They are not the same, nor counterparts. In Termina, the people there looks similar to the people Link knew from Hyrule. The manuals of the game state that they look familiar "at first glance." In the game, the "King Zora" is actually a Zora manager called Toto for the popgroup, Indigo-gos. The game only reused the same models from Ocarina of Time due to convenience. The intention is that they look similar at first glance, but are completely different people. Many have entirely new names and personalities, etc.

No-one recognizes Link in Termina because they are a completely different set of people that live on an entirely different planet.

In real life, if you move to another country, no-one will recognize you. The same principle applies here, if you get what I mean.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:57 AM
DeiStar Mexico DeiStar is offline
The Man Who Masterminds the Game
3DS ID: 5386-7629-1425
Join Date: Jan 2012
View Posts: 2,597
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

And the texture reuse was seized by the manga to make it like if they were counterparts.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 07:40 PM
kymeric kymeric is offline
Zora Warrior
Send a message via AIM to kymeric
Join Date: Jun 2007
View Posts: 319
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

I figure she left for a good reason, and when she comes back itll be for something big, and well see the Hero of Time fulfill a major role in the zelda timeline.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Eren Jaeger
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 08:17 PM
SirLinkus SirLinkus is a male United States SirLinkus is offline
Ronin
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
View Posts: 555
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

IMO, manga is non-canon, games canon.
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: The Doctor
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Ganty Ganty is offline
Thief
Join Date: May 2009
View Posts: 279
Re: Breakthrough on "Where's Navi" and the Connection Between Oot and MM

Why do people continue to try to use the Manga to support their theorys?
Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: The Doctor
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:47 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -