Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Goron
View Posts: 208
So the Kokiri didn't survive afterall...

According to Hyrule Historia ( Twilight Princess section)...

"•Traces of the Era of the Hero of Time

The Goron and Zora tribes are still alive and well in this era, but the only traces of the Kokiri tribe are a few markings left in the Forest Temple. The Master Sword remains in its pedestal within the ruins of the Temple of Time, which have been overgrown by forest."

What do you suppose happened to the Kokiri?

My theory is that the Deku Tree Sprout failed to flourish, thus leaving them without a guardian to protect them. Without their protector, they failed to survive. Maybe they just grew old and died out, perhaps? I know they aren't supposed to age, but what if the Deku Tree was responsible for their defiance of age?

What do you all think??
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 94
Re: So the Kokiri didn't survive afterall...

As far as we know, the deku tree sprout didnt exist in the CT. that little most likely grew to be the deku tree in wind waker.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 09:27 AM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian1 View Post
I know they aren't supposed to age, but what if the Deku Tree was responsible for their defiance of age?
In OoT, they were without a Deku Tree during Link's seven year sleep and still doesn't "age." They are not humans trapped to be kids eternally, they are spirits of the forest taking on a form of them.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Goron
View Posts: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikson View Post
In OoT, they were without a Deku Tree during Link's seven year sleep and still doesn't "age." They are not humans trapped to be kids eternally, they are spirits of the forest taking on a form of them.
I know they are spirits, I was only stating that perhaps the loss of the Deku Tree is what lead to their apparent demise. Just look what happened in that seven years when the Deku Tree was gone... It was overrun by monsters. Imagine after 100 years?
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Cayenne Pepper Cayenne Pepper is a female United States Cayenne Pepper is offline
en de'ez ia! "Murica
View Posts: 4,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikson View Post
Well they are tree spirits. Just because their primary tree went away doesn't mean that they can't thrive for some time after. They live in a forest and there were only 9 of them or so.

I'm basically saying that they could have survived 7 years off of residual magic and/or "spiritdom".

3DS FC
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 09:53 AM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,050

I simply thought that in the CT, there was no Guardian Father of the Kokiri, and so without a leader or any sort of patriarch to help look after them, they dwindled without his protection. In the AT, because Link broke the curse on the Forest Temple, a new Sprout was allowed to flourish, and since he lives and helps protect the Kokiri, they continue tolive and assume their new Korok forms when Hyrule floods.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Cayenne Pepper Cayenne Pepper is a female United States Cayenne Pepper is offline
en de'ez ia! "Murica

IT also happens on the DT. Without a DT, the Kokiri die or dwindle. The forest itself is eventually cut down.

So something to note there.

3DS FC
1 person liked this post: SuperDecimal
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 10:11 AM
O hero chosen by the Goddess... I am Teekay, the Coffee Dragon.
Send a message via Skype™ to Teekay
View Posts: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian1 View Post
According to Hyrule Historia ( Twilight Princess section)...

"•Traces of the Era of the Hero of Time

The Goron and Zora tribes are still alive and well in this era, but the only traces of the Kokiri tribe are a few markings left in the Forest Temple. The Master Sword remains in its pedestal within the ruins of the Temple of Time, which have been overgrown by forest."

What do you suppose happened to the Kokiri?

My theory is that the Deku Tree Sprout failed to flourish, thus leaving them without a guardian to protect them. Without their protector, they failed to survive. Maybe they just grew old and died out, perhaps? I know they aren't supposed to age, but what if the Deku Tree was responsible for their defiance of age?

What do you all think??
It doesn't say they all died, it says there's no traces of them. That could easily mean we don't see them or that they moved elsewhere.

Think you know everything there is to know about Princess Zelda?
Think again.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 10:14 AM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,050

Oh yeah, forgot about the DT.
Ganondorf would curse the Deku Tree as per usual with his business on trying to acquire the spiritual stones, and then without Saria awakened as the Forest Sage (and there being no hero that rose to claim the sword) we essentially get another CT scenario where no guardian father puts the Kokiri at risk.

Maybe the longevity of the Kokiri is the Deku Tree? And without staying under his protection, they grow old and mortal, locked in their current form? Just speculating purely to explain things like the thieves of the forest. Nothing supports or infers that at all.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 10:28 AM
en de'ez ia! "Murica

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silence View Post
It doesn't say they all died, it says there's no traces of them. That could easily mean we don't see them or that they moved elsewhere.
Well, it says that all that was left of them is the markings. And generally if someone leaves nothing but a trace of existence after 100 years, they tend to die.

Tht's not to confirm anything as the Gerudo settled down deeper into their desert and stayed away until pre-FSA.

The Gerudo are also a diferent case as we knew what happened with them. They were branded evil for a while and told to stay the hell away.

With the Kokiri, you have a friendly race that's based off of tree spirits just disappear in between the two games when their guardian deity dies. And it is said within game that they die if they leave the forest. Though there's no telling about the timeframe, without a GDT, they eventually DID die out.

Not just the CT, but the DT. We have 2 instances where a lack of a DT undermines their ability to thrive. Not only that, but their habitat was destroyed too.

The only differece between them surviving [from what we see in games] is a Deku Tree. And people are saying 'they didn't die in OoT after GDT died'

Clearly its not an immediate process. Therefore to say that they'd die in seven years is based on nothing.

3DS FC
1 person liked this post: Spoon Link
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayenne Pepper View Post
Well, it says that all that was left of them is the markings. And generally if someone leaves nothing but a trace of existence after 100 years, they tend to die.
And if a group of forest spirits just up and leave, then after 100 years there wouldn't be much left either.

Think again.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 AM
en de'ez ia! "Murica

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silence View Post
And if a group of forest spirits just up and leave, then after 100 years there wouldn't be much left either.
There'd stil be word of their survival.
Though they were a reclusive race in OoT, peple still managed to mention them. And I'm taking about in other countries too.

So just by existing, we'd have hints of their survival.
We have no hints, thus we have no reason to assume they suvived.

3DS FC
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Hero of Koridai
View Posts: 640

The Deku Tree died in the Child Timeline, and Link never went to the Forest Temple to break the curse on the Deku Tree Sprout. It'd be difficult for anyone to try to save the Kokiri if everyone who goes into the forest gets lost and turns into a Stalfos, and the Kokiri are pretty endangered in the Adult Timeline before Link comes and saves them.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Pierced the Heavens - Who the Hell do you think I am?!
View Posts: 1,011

Quote:
Though they were a reclusive race in OoT, peple still managed to mention them. And I'm taking about in other countries too.

No. Simply because if they left lets say 10 years after OoT, then another 90 years later no one would know if they are dead or if they just left, because they are gone.
The HH states that the DT is the result if the Hero failed. In the event the Hero could fail, the DT is what would transpire. relegates it to a "what if" scenario which explicitly with that, being stated as such in the book itself. And due to the fact the hero does indeed win to open the CT and AT.
Last Edited by Kamina; 01-14-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Teekay
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:

Kind of a poor argument because LOTS of races/locations aren't mentioned in various games, but that doesn't mean they're gone or dead.

Think again.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Mad Vodka Drinking Yahoo
View Posts: 2,458

Why would the sprout not grow on the child line? There wasn't even a curse to begin with before Ganondorf touched the Triforce.

The way I see it the Sprout grows eventually because nothing is stopping it, the Kokiri continue to live in seclusion, the only sign of their existence is the symbol in the temple they designed to protect the Fused Shadow.

Oh, is that a gal I see? No, it's just a fal'Cie!
1 person liked this post: Teekay
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic-Tech View Post
Why would the sprout not grow on the child line? There wasn't even a curse to begin with before Ganondorf touched the Triforce.

The way I see it the Sprout grows eventually because nothing is stopping it, the Kokiri continue to live in seclusion, the only sign of their existence is the symbol in the temple they designed to protect the Fused Shadow.
Yeah I'm not understanding the logic either.
The reason the sprout was originally prevented from growing in the Adult Timeline was because of Ganondorf's curse over the Kokiri Forest. When the curse dissipates, the sprout is able to grow.

But the curse doesn't exist in the Child Timeline! Ganondorf never had a chance to cover the world in darkness, so what would prevent the sprout from growing? Nothing.

Even in the Decline Timeline the sprout would still be there, seeing as how the Hero of Time is killed after he saves each region of Hyrule. And since Ganon is sealed immediately after his death there's no time for him to re-curse the forest.

Think again.
2 people liked this post: Fal'Cie, Mask Collector
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 05:42 PM
An Hero of Time An Hero of Time is a female United States An Hero of Time is offline
Sage of The Whatever
View Posts: 2,858

I always liked to believe that they became the monkeys we see in TP.

They are forest spirits after all, they can shape shift their appearance.
Last Edited by An Hero of Time; 01-14-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: LuminaForce37
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 06:12 PM
Hylia and Zelda in name only, for she is neither...
Send a message via Skype™ to Her Grace
View Posts: 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0va View Post
As far as we know, the deku tree sprout didnt exist in the CT. that little most likely grew to be the deku tree in wind waker.
The Deku Tree Sprout didn't grow because the forest was cursed after Ganondorf took over. In the child timeline, he never takes over Hyrule and curses the land, so a sprout would in fact grow. We didn't get to see the Kokiri Forest in Twilight Princess, so we wouldn't have gotten to see the Kokiri because they hardly, if ever at all, went beyond it with the exception of the Ocarina of Time ending credits. The only games the Kokiri, or Koroks, ever appear in are the two games where we actually visit their domain because they never leave it except for as the Koroks in The Wind Waker.

Facebook: Bookface
Twitter:Tweetland

If you add me to your list of 3DS friends please leave me a visitor or personal message with your own Friend Code so that I can add quickly you as well. Thanks!
Last Edited by Her Grace; 01-14-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: Fal'Cie, Teekay
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 06:52 PM
LuminaForce37 LuminaForce37 is a male United States LuminaForce37 is offline
Zora Warrior
View Posts: 338

But the Koroks do leave. Every year. To spread seeds to create new trees and islands.