Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
Goron
View Posts: 225
Does Skyloft become Cloud Tops from TMC? (Skyward Sword Spoilers)

Seeing how at the end of SS, Skyloft seems to remain separate from Hyrule, wouldn't Skyloft still exist in OOT and onwards?

If so, wouldn't it be perfectly logical for it to appear in those later games?
basically, my theory, is that Skyloft has something to do with Cloud Tops from TMC (and of course the City in the Sky from TP)
Last Edited by Fal; 12-01-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2011, 05:27 PM
リバゾラ : I'm just gonna go away and do... fish stuff.
View Posts: 3,427
Re: Does Skyloft become Cloud Tops from TMC? (Skyward Sword Spoilers)

I think it must have something to do with it. I know Ninty like re-using themes all the time, but so much of the Wind Tribe is reminiscent of Skyloft. Their backstories are slightly off, but the Wind Tribe describes its history as 'ages and ages and an age before that ago', and Fi says oral tradition is untrustworthy. They both share once living on the surface, then being magicked to the sky.

So yeah, there's something going on there. What, I'm not quite sure as of yet.

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 54

I agree. where as the city in the sky and the Occo might be something diffrent Im convinced the people from the cloud tops in TMC are skyloftians
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Skyloftian
View Posts: 704

Here's my theory: At the end of SS some of the Skyloftians stayed in Skyloft while the others migrated to the surface, and those Skyloftians eventually became known as the Wind Tribe. As for the Ooca and the City in the Sky, something have caused the Wind Tribe to die out, and eventually the Ooca migrated there. Either that or the Wind Tribe evolved into the Ooca, but that seems pretty unlikely.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo

View Posts: 13,634

^ The Oocca made the Hylians apparantly, so they'd have to come before the Wind Tribe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by River Zora View Post
I think it must have something to do with it. I know Ninty like re-using themes all the time, but so much of the Wind Tribe is reminiscent of Skyloft. Their backstories are slightly off, but the Wind Tribe describes its history as 'ages and ages and an age before that ago', and Fi says oral tradition is untrustworthy. They both share once living on the surface, then being magicked to the sky.

So yeah, there's something going on there. What, I'm not quite sure as of yet.
They're completely different, not only do they say so themselves but the statue of them says so as well. And there's no skyloft to speak of, there's only a palace which they claim they build on land and transported it to the air with "their" magic.
Last Edited by Hombre de Mundo; 12-03-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason:
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 05:15 PM
Skyloftian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre de Mundo View Post
The Oocca made the Hylians
What?

Edit: Nevermind, now I know what you're talking about. Well if that's the case, maybe the Ooca migrated to Skyloft/Cloud Tops/City in the Sky after the Wind Tribe had died out. But why did they die out, and why did the Ooca choose to migrate there?
Last Edited by jameslieb1; 12-03-2011 at 05:18 PM. Reason:
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
^ The Oocca made the Hylians apparantly, so they'd have to come before the Wind Tribe.
One thing I am pretty sure of is that the Skyloftians are the predecessors of the Oocca. They 'made' the Hylians by being their ancestors, the ones who built Hyrule. They were also the ones to build the Temple of time, and both Links are 'messengers from the sky' with an old Sheikah waiting for them. Lord knows how or why they became chickens, but friezes showing the dominion rod in use makes it look like the Oocca were once humanoid. Plus all the 'sky characters' and owl motifs on the surface, now we have context for Gaepora/Gaebora.

Quote:
They're completely different, not only do they say so themselves but the statue of them says so as well. And there's no skyloft to speak of, there's only a palace which they claim they build on land and transported it to the air with "their" magic.
They also say it was ages and ages and an age before that, and oral tradition is the most unreliable method of maintaining information And a civilisation on an outcrop of land which was sent skyward by magic, while leaving behind ruins of their ancient civilisation below... sounds right There is a definite link to be made between the civilisations, and one that shouldn't go ignored I feel.

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Skyloftian

Quote:
One thing I am pretty sure of is that the Skyloftians are the predecessors of the Oocca. They 'made' the Hylians by being their ancestors, the ones who built Hyrule. They were also the ones to build the Temple of time, and both Links are 'messengers from the sky' with an old Sheikah waiting for them. Lord knows how or why they became chickens, but friezes showing the dominion rod in use makes it look like the Oocca were once humanoid. Plus all the 'sky characters' and owl motifs on the surface, now we have context for Gaepora/Gaebora.

They also say it was ages and ages and an age before that, and oral tradition is the most unreliable method of maintaining information And a civilisation on an outcrop of land which was sent skyward by magic, while leaving behind ruins of their ancient civilisation below... sounds right There is a definite link to be made between the civilisations, and one that shouldn't go ignored I feel.
What I think they mean when they say that the Oocca created the Hylians is that they created not the Skyloftians, but their ancestors, the people who lived on the surface before the Demon War or whatever it was called happened. Those people became the Skyloftians when Hylia raised them into the sky, and later became the Hylians when they migrated to the surface.
Last Edited by jameslieb1; 12-03-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason:
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 06:40 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Hombre de Mundo
Steam ID: Hombre_de_Mundo

View Posts: 13,634

Quote:
I doubt they evolved into chicken and then back to men but only one branch while the other stayed chicken

Quote:
They also say it was ages and ages and an age before that, and oral tradition is the most unreliable method of maintaining information
Yeah but I don't buy that as an excuse, it's too convinient to say "well I can ignore this evidence because it's oral". Pretty much all backstory info in all games are told to you, not read. So there's that and second, just becasue someone tells you something doesn't mean it's not written down anywhere.

Quote:
And a civilisation on an outcrop of land which was sent skyward by magic
No land was sent to the sky, only buildings. And yeah, it matters who's magic it was.

Quote:
while leaving behind ruins of their ancient civilisation below... sounds right There is a definite link to be made between the civilisations, and one that shouldn't go ignored I feel.
It should because it's clearly two entirely different people.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

Wind Tribe-
Moved to the sky using their own magic
Literally on the clouds
Migration appears to post-date the Picori Sword
Predominantly red-haired
Tons of small birds inhabit it

Skyloft people-
Moved to the sky by the goddess
Outcropping of land floating above the clouds
Migration definitely pre-dates the Picori Sword
Basically Hylians, no other predominant features
Small birds are completely alien

Yep, they did a good job connecting the two places.
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 12-03-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason:
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I doubt they evolved into chicken and then back to men but only one branch while the other stayed chicken
I don't think they did ever evolve back to men on either branch- so that's alright

Quote:
Yeah but I don't buy that as an excuse, it's too convinient to say "well I can ignore this evidence because it's oral". Pretty much all backstory info in all games are told to you, not read. So there's that and second, just becasue someone tells you something doesn't mean it's not written down anywhere.
I know, but at the same time that line can only have been put there by Ninty to try to iron out inconsistencies. I don't like the lazy theorising approach, but it seems all Ninty's giving us.

Quote:
It should because it's clearly two entirely different people.
To you. To me there is clearly a connection to be made between the three Sky Tribes.

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Goron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Wind Tribe-
Moved to the sky using their own magic
Literally on the clouds
Migration appears to post-date the Picori Sword
Predominantly red-haired
Tons of small birds inhabit it

Skyloft people-
Moved to the sky by the goddess
Outcropping of land floating above the clouds
Migration definitely pre-dates the Picori Sword
Basically Hylians, no other predominant features
Small birds are completely alien

Yep, they did a good job connecting the two places.
Ever heard of Anansi/Aunt Nancy stories? my opinion is that the "legend" that was passed down got warped over time.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

4 out of the 5 things posted are DEFINITELY NOT the result of [in-universe] storyline corruption, since they're things we see with our own eyes.
Last Edited by LegendofLex; 12-03-2011 at 07:37 PM. Reason:
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Goron

The clouds thing can be easily explained: over the years the rock started to erode, and started to seperate, and that is the part we visit in TMC.

Zelda was a skyloftian AND the goddess soooo..

The small birds moved in.

Groose (or Pipits girlfriend) had kids (the red haired thing.) and some/one of them stayed on skyloft, and (most of) the non-red haired kids died out.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 58

It seems pretty obvious to me that Skyloft is the same place as TMC cloud tops, WW windfall, TP city in the sky, STH3 Angel Island Zone, and SWV Bespin.
Last Edited by Waluigi; 12-03-2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Hombre de Mundo
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faleel View Post
The clouds thing can be easily explained: over the years the rock started to erode, and started to seperate, and that is the part we visit in TMC.
Zelda was a skyloftian AND the goddess soooo..
The small birds moved in.
Groose (or Pipits girlfriend) had kids (the red haired thing.) and some/one of them stayed on skyloft, and (most of) the non-red haired kids died out.
Careful there, too much fanfic hurts our point! It can work with a few inconsistencies- all the backstories do, and always have done since the very first games. We don't need unnecessary fanfic.

I believe the similarities are enough from even the vaguest of legends standpoints. I see no reason not to make a connection. It's not perfect, but then Hyrule itself is never perfect between two games- changing the very core of its nature all the time. I don't see Cloud Tops as any different.

PLUS THEY BOTH HAVE PINWHEELS AND AT THE END ALL OF THE SKYLOFTIANS ARE GATHERED AROUND, FASCINATED BY THE LITTLE BIRDS :mock:

#17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Spirit Mage
Send a message via AIM to Kado
View Posts: 244

I just thought of something.

I think that the Fortress of Winds in The Minish Cap is actually the ruins of the Temple of Hylia located in Faron Province in Skyward Sword. Specifically, the ruins of the dungeon Link must traverse at the end of Skyward Sword to assemble the Triforce, after it descends back to the surface.

Check out the top floor of the Fortress of Winds.

It reminds me a lot of the platform where the Statue of the Goddess stood in Skyward Sword.

The fortress of winds is also where the wind tribe departed the surface, just like when the goddess Hylia lifted a chunk of earth from the surface and created Skyloft for the humans.

As for the Master Sword, I believe a 2nd Temple of Time was constructed (the one in OoT) where the first Gate of Time was in SS, and the Master Sword was moved there to become the key to the Sacred Realm.

As a side note, I believe the Loftwings eventually become the Oocca, perhaps the result of Loftwings breeding with other birds from the surface or by some other means.

I think that the history of the Skyloftians/Wind Tribe became confused with the Oocca over time and that they were the ones who created the Dominion Rod, The Temple in the Sky, and were the ones who communicated with the Hyrule Royal Family rather than the Oocca.

As far as the people of Hyrule know in Twilight Princess, the Hylians have always lived on the surface. The Hylians came from the Skyloftians. This was misinterpreted over time to mean the Skyloftians created the Hylians. Then the Skyloftians were confused with the Oocca. So it became known that an ancient race called the Oocca existed first, lived in the sky, and created the Hylians.

It's possible that since Skyloft's purpose had ended and it no longer needed to stay floating above the clouds, it eventually began to lose its enchantment and fall back to the surface. The Temple in the Sky was built in an attempt to preserve their way of life, but they eventually abandoned this place in favor of migrating to the surface, leaving the Loftwing/Oocca behind to occupy the ruins of their former settlement.
Last Edited by Kado; 12-03-2011 at 09:46 PM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Ningan the Lone Ninja
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 5

You dont think the great deku tree could be the tree grown from the life tree seedling? as for skyloftians, perhaps loftwings became extinct, so skyloftians had to think of alternative ways to fly and grew wings, hmmm...they're starting to sound like rito to me.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-05-2012, 02:53 PM
The Baton of the Wind The Baton of the Wind is a male United States The Baton of the Wind is offline
Master Shortpants
View Posts: 3,958

The two are completely unrelated.

Translations:

SS --- TWW

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-05-2012, 03:23 PM
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,701

Oocca=when a Hylian loves a coucoo very much...

the Skyloftians seem to be enamored of all the small birds when they come down to the surface, and someone has to be the first to discover and domesticate those chickens. And some of those chicken ranchers might have gotten a little lonely.

Over thousands of years the origins of all parties were confused. There you go, let's call it a theory, one that I won't even buy.

'Crackle's Cousin sounds like the name of my next band.' -GrimmyV
Closed Thread