Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

View Poll Results: Which of these apply to you?
I believe in a split timeline 176 85.02%
I believe in a linear timeline 22 10.63%
I believe in a timeline with more than one split or merge 46 22.22%
I believe The Minish Cap is the first game in the timeline, sans SS 57 27.54%
I believe Ocarina of Time is the first game in the timeline, sans SS 79 38.16%
I believe another game is first in the timeline 16 7.73%
I place most games on the Adult Timeline, after ST 34 16.43%
I place most games on the Child Timeline, after TP 68 32.85%
I believe Ocarina of Time is the Seal War 54 26.09%
I believe the Seal War is a separate event not taking place in any game 93 44.93%
I only believe the main series Zelda games are canon 89 43.00%
I believe some games such as Ancient Stone Tablets and Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland are canon 32 15.46%
I believe every Zelda product made or licensed by Nintendo is canon, including mangas 19 9.18%
I consider myself a new theorist 101 48.79%
I consider myself an old theorist 70 33.82%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Hear That Which I Desire Hear That Which I Desire is a male Hear That Which I Desire is offline
The Triforce
View Posts: 259
Re: Theorists of ZU 2.0

I believe that the 8- and 16-bit games come between OoT and WW, because after WW there is no Triforce.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-23-2011, 04:42 AM
"Science vill send you back to Hell, Edison!"
View Posts: 979

I don't think I'll be able to remember my old timelines perfectly, but I think this is roughly what they were throughout the years.

Single Link / Dethl Timeline
The insane thoughts originally from my twelve year old mind. I was in love with Dethl from LA, and as such was convinced that Dark Link from OoT and Link's Shadow from AoL were really Dethl, the true villain of the series in my fanfictiony mind. I was also obsessed with the idea of there being a single Link through all the games.

1998: OoT/LA/LttP/LoZ/AoL

2000: OoT/MM/LA/LttP/LoZ/AoL

2001: OoT/MM/ooA/OoS/LA/LttP/LoZ/AoL

2002: OoT/MM/ooA/OoS/LA/FS/LttP/LoZ/AoL

Multi Link / Single Ganon (No Split) Timeline
Somehow unaware of the proof of the split timeline, I still ignored it. But even still, when WW came out it finally shattered my single Link dreams. While previously I put FS after LA on my single link theory, FS seemed so different from the rest of the series that I figured it had to be a generation before OoT. I pictured LoZ as a desolate world I interpreted as the back story of WW, and that AoL would be the New Hyrule that Tetra and Link would find after the end of WW.

2003: FS-->OoT/MM/ooA/OoS/LA/LttP/SCII-->LoZ-->WW-->AoL

2004: MC-->FS-->OoT/FSA/MM/ooA/OoS/LA/SCII-->LttP-->LoZ-->WW-->AoL

Single Ganon Split Timeline
TP destroyed my timeline much like WW had destroyed the previous one, primarily since the quote describing TP's place on the timeline confirmed the split now, something I had missed for a few years somehow with the quote about WW, but read the quote about WW shortly after reading the TP related split timeline quote and realized I have been wrong the passed few years. Presented with the split timeline idea I adjusted my old timeline to it. I believed in a single Ganondorf, however, and have stuck with that idea ever since.

2006: MC-->FS-->OoT-->LoZ-->WW-->AoL
. . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . FSA/MM/OoA/OoS/LA/SCII-->LttP-->TP

2007: MC-->FS-->OoT-->LoZ-->WW/PH-->AoL
. . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . FSA/MM/OoA/OoS/LA/SCII-->LttP-->TP/LCT

2009: MC-->FS-->OoT-->LoZ-->WW/PH-->ST/AoL
. . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . FSA/MM/OoA/OoS/LA/SCII-->LttP-->TP/LCT

As of writing this, the 2011 version is my latest timeline. After much thought, I came to the conclusion that ST was the abandonment of old ideas, so would not likely allow AoL to come there. So I placed LoZ and AoL in a much simpler location running on the assumption that Ganondorf does not stay dead far after the end of TP. I also realized that FS is a direct sequel to FSA, something I had not noticed for many years, and I also switched the placement of MM to right after OoT instead of after FSA to coincide better with the introduction given by MM.

2011: SS-->MC-->OoT-->WW/PH-->ST
. . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . MM/FS/FSA/OoA/OoS/LA/SCII-->LttP-->TP/LCT-->LoZ/AoL

Zelda games completed to 100% without dying (# of times if more than once):
LoZ (FQ 7, SQ 7), AoL (4), G&W, GW, LttP (4), LA (4), LADX (6), OoT (6), MM (7), OoA (4) OoS (4) (OoS/OoA 2, OoA/OoS 2), LttP/FS (2), OoTMQ, WW (3), SCII, FSA (8), MC (5), TP (3), TPGC, PH, LCT, ST, OoT3D, OoTMQ3D, FS:AE, SS
Last Edited by AmadisAnguiano; 10-18-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: New information.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-24-2011, 10:09 PM
syobonaction syobonaction is a male United States syobonaction is offline
(´・ω・)

View Posts: 119
My Current Timeline

------------TWW-PH-ST
------------/
SS-OoT
------------\
------------MM-TP-LCT-TMC-FS-FSA-LttP-LA-OoX-LoZ-AoL

Why I put the Four Sword Trilogy in the child timeline:
I believe there is no place for Ganon in new Hyrule. I think the point of TWW was to eliminate that current cycle of events dealing with Ganondorf and the Triforce in general. The Triforce is no longer a big part of New Hyrule as that part of Hyrule's history has been buried under the sea. Not to mention New Hyrule is in an entirely different location possibly years of travel away. How likely is it that Ganondorf will revive and go seek out new Hyrule? I feel like the creators intention was to create a timeline in which Ganondorf no longer had to exist. This is all my general opinion though.

Canon/Non-Canon Games:
I believe that under the accepted canon there is not a huge reason why Ancient Stone Tablets cannot be accepted as canon. I accept the possibility of it being canon for now as it adds some interesting flavor to the series, and it doesn't screw with any continuity as of yet.

I also don't see a reason for Link's Crossbow Training to not be canon as it is simply Link's training with a crossbow. I understand it doesn't NEED to be canon, but I don't see why it shouldn't be as of now.
Last Edited by syobonaction; 07-24-2011 at 10:41 PM. Reason:
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 AM
The Hero of Time
View Posts: 1,860

My signature is all I'm really sure on, but I think that ALttP->OoX->LA is probably after TP, and that LoZ->AoL may be after that. I'm not really sure about FSS.

Played some, but not beat yet/Simply Beat/100% complete at least one quest/Not played at all
(not counting 2nd quests in any category)

LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LADX, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, TWW, FSA, TMC, TP, PH, ST,
OoT3D, FS:AE, SS
, ALBW
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Vengeance
View Posts: 833

i think TP is last for one reason. if the Magic mirror of ALTTP is the Twilight Mirror, then ALTTP has to come before it because it is destroyed by midna in TP. but everything else looks good to me.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
My signature is all I'm really sure on, but I think that ALttP->OoX->LA is probably after TP, and that LoZ->AoL may be after that. I'm not really sure about FSS.

i believe hat TP is after ALTTP because if the magic mirror is the same as the twilight mirror, the ALTTP has to be first because Midna destroys it.
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-30-2011, 09:27 AM

I've always thought that the Sacred Realm, Twilight Realm, and Dark World are all the same, and the mirror is the only portal now that the Temple Of Time is destroyed. (I'm not trying to say your wrong i just don't know)
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-30-2011, 10:27 AM
syobonaction syobonaction is a male United States syobonaction is offline
(´・ω・)

View Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroş View Post
Just wanted to correct you on one little thing: The Magic Mirror only granted Link the ability to return to the Light World at will, it did nothing for his form. It was the Moon Pearl that allowed him to retain his human form.
Hahah thank you! I knew something sounded wrong about that as I typed it! I should have been more patient and just looked it up.
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2011, 10:06 AM
The Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by imirish9 View Post
I've always thought that the Sacred Realm, Twilight Realm, and Dark World are all the same, and the mirror is the only portal now that the Temple Of Time is destroyed. (I'm not trying to say your wrong i just don't know)
Sacred Realm=Dark World
Twilght Realm=/=Dark World

The Sacred Realm becomes the Dark World when Ganon gets the Triforce in ALttP. The Twilight Realm is a seperate world from the SR/DW.

Played some, but not beat yet/Simply Beat/100% complete at least one quest/Not played at all
(not counting 2nd quests in any category)

LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LADX, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, TWW, FSA, TMC, TP, PH, ST,
OoT3D, FS:AE, SS
, ALBW
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2011, 10:09 AM

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

(your sig timeline doesn't have MM)
Last Edited by Vengeance; 07-31-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason:
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2011, 10:13 AM
Hear That Which I Desire Hear That Which I Desire is a male Hear That Which I Desire is offline
The Triforce
View Posts: 259

About things not being the SR, neither is the Realm of the Ocean King, but that only exists at certain times and certain places.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 PM
Goron
View Posts: 212

I'm still new at ZU having been here only a few weeks and consider myself an extremely novice theorist. I hope to become a good theorist however, my current 3 theories have been met with mixed results. My first theory was a theory of Debby being Gannondorf, more a joke then a serious topic. However I made another theory that was more serious than the first about how the ToT and Master Sword got in the forest in TP which met with quite positive results and interesting discussion. Mytheory about Lost woods of Termina was met with more mixed results, but still popular. My early success mainly with the second one has encouraged me to theorize so expect to see more of me in the future. I'm not a timeline theorist but rather, one who theorizes random little things that have an impact on theorizing anyways. I am however forming a timeline, probably not too original though, I haven't finished forming it though so I will post it when I do.

Brawl battle orginization thread. Reviving super smash bros brawl online, one fight at a time http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...on-thread.html

The legend of Zelda WW Fanfic here (picture coming soon)
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ten-ocean.html

Remember, I'll always take criticism for my writing!
Last Edited by double_r111; 07-31-2011 at 09:56 PM. Reason:
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Lady of the Chapel
View Posts: 466

I seem to be have pretty different opinions than most other theorists.

--------------------------------- WW/PH-->SP
------------------------------ /
MC-->FS/FSA-->SS-->OoT
-------------------------------\
--------------------------------- TP-->ALttP/LA-->LoZ/AoL-->OoX

Other points of interest:

* I believe all Zelda related material is canon, including the mangas, except for the Phillips CD games, because they are technically not part of the same series.
* I consider information from Prima Offical Guides to be legimate information. Why would they make stuff up?
* The Seal War is another event not shown in any of the games. Stuff just doesn't line up otherwise.
* I don't see background characters as merely "cameos".
* Based on FSA I think Ganon is a different entity seperate from Ganondorf who share the same body. Specifally I think he is the ancient demon sealed within the Trident.
* Every Hyrule that appears in the Zelda games is a different Hyrule/a different part of the same kingdom/a different kingdom that is part of the Hyrule region.
Last Edited by Nagumo; 08-01-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason:
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Goron
View Posts: 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
I seem to be have pretty different opinions than most other theorists.

--------------------------------- WW/PH-->SP
------------------------------ /
MC-->FS/FSA-->SS-->OoT
-------------------------------\
--------------------------------- TP-->ALttP/LA-->LoZ/AoL-->OoX

Other points of interest:

* I believe all Zelda related material is canon, including the mangas, except for the Phillips CD games, because they are technically not part of the same series.
* I consider information from Prima Offical Guides to be legimate information. Why would they make stuff up?
* The Seal War is another event not shown in any of the games. Stuff just doesn't line up otherwise.
* I don't see background characters as merely "cameos".
* Based on FSA I think Ganon is a different entity seperate from Ganondorf who share the same body. Specifally I think he is the ancient demon sealed within the Trident.
* Every Hyrule that appears in the Zelda games is a different Hyrule/a different part of the same kingdom/a different kingdom that is part of the Hyrule region.
If skyward sword takes place before gannon FS/FSA can't be before SS, I'm still new at this so correct me if theres any mistakes, I'm still trying to decide between MC and SS for first, I'm leaning towards MC first though.

Brawl battle orginization thread. Reviving super smash bros brawl online, one fight at a time http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...on-thread.html

The legend of Zelda WW Fanfic here (picture coming soon)
http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...ten-ocean.html

Remember, I'll always take criticism for my writing!
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Lady of the Chapel
View Posts: 466

I'm pretty new to this as well, but as far as I know nothing has indicated yet that SS predates Ganondorf. At least not in the sense that he isn't alive during that time. Because for all we know, he might already be around.
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-01-2011, 02:06 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,982

Warning to everybody: This thread is ONLY for people to post their theorizing history. It is not for Q&A about people's theories or debate of specific theories. Please keep such discussions to their own threads. Thanks!
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-03-2011, 01:36 PM
View Posts: 320

Okay, here goes. I've been off the forums for about five months, until today, but in that time, I've come up with a timeline, mostly based on the Predestined Future Theory. The only difference, is that I put TMC, FS, and FSA in a completely separate timeline, void of any connections to any other games. I did this because a common complaint with the Predestined Future Theory was that it would require there to be more than one Ganon(dorf). One that started in OoT, that was king, and one that started in FSA, that was shunned. I have remedied that by taking the FSS out of the equation. You may ask, "How can you just take them away? There is no evidence that says that FSS isn't with the rest of the series!" Well, many developers, while making the FSS, and Miyamoto himself (Not entirely sure if it was Miyamoto, or Aunoma.... Sorry) have said, when FS was being completed, that the game was a new story. It was a new legend. Also, it would explain why the Master Sword, or the Triforce doesn't appear in any of the games. I would appreciate feedback, for this is the first time I will have displayed my timeline in public. Timeline is in my sig.
  #37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2011, 10:16 PM
Got Marin
Send a message via AIM to GwJumpman
View Posts: 475

Oh god I wish I could change my poll choices. I used to be one of those "MC is the first game" kinda people. -_-

Anyway, here goes:

............../ tWW - PH - ST
SS - OoT
..............\ MM - TP - MC - FS - FSA - aLttP - OoX* - LA - LoZ - AoL

* I think that OoX COULD go anywhere after aLttP, but people like to bring up the fact that Zelda introduces herself to Link as if they're meeting for the first time. Either way, it's irrelevant and it doesn't matter where OoX goes in that aspect.

/end generic Child heavy timeline
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47 PM
The Hero of Time

I have quite a few timelines, but here's is the one I feel most comfortable with this one:

---------------------WWBS-TRR-TWW/PH/NT-STBS-ST
---------------------/
SS-Civil War-OoT
---------------------\
---------------------MM-TPBS-TP/LCT-IW-ALttP/OoX/LA/AST-AoLBS-LoZBS-LoZ/AoL

I'm not sure about MC-FS-FSA. I would probably place them either before OoT sometime or in between TP and ALttP. Or a variation of the two.
Last Edited by The Doctor; 08-07-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason:
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
I have quite a few timelines, but here's is the one I feel most comfortable with this one:

---------------------WWBS-TRR-TWW/PH/NT-STBS-ST
---------------------/
SS-Civil War-OoT
---------------------\
---------------------MM-TPBS-TP/LCT-IW-ALttP/OoX/LA/AST-AoLBS-LoZBS-LoZ/AoL

I'm not sure about MC-FS-FSA. I would probably place them either before OoT sometime or in between TP and ALttP. Or a variation of the two.

i agree mostly,and have changed my placement of FSA. i now put it after TP, but rest of FS series is before Oot and After SS.

To all others: if you wish to see my timeline, click the link in my Signature. (Link to youtube vid.)

Played beaten not played three heart run in progress
WW-PH-ST-MC-OOX-LA-TP-ALttP-OoT-MM-LoZ-AoL--FS-FSA
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2011, 07:53 AM
DarknessGuide DarknessGuide is a male United States DarknessGuide is offline
Strike in the bottom of the evil
View Posts: 1,226

)
Adult:............TWW/PH-ST-MC-FS/FSA
................./
-------SS-OoT
.................\
Child:.............MM-TP-IW-(OoX)-ALttp-LA/AST-LoZ-AoL-(OoX)

ST-MC
. Zelda has a great new power,we need stories out of Ganon ,that are not spinoff.
. Many time pass between ST and Fs,so the forest grow up,FS map is ST part of New Hyrule after it becames desolated

.Oracles
. I think Twinrova only cares about the ganon that they grow up
. I don´t think About after ALttP because why they would make all that if the stone tablets were suppose to revive that ganon

The rest is self,explained
Closed Thread