Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981
Skyward Sword Speculation/Theory Thread (SPOILERS EXPECTED)

Feel free to carry out any SS speculation or theorizing based on recent footage here.
  • Who is the mysterious man (Debbie) in the trailer?
  • Why the new form for the Skyward Sword?
  • What about the bird symbol?
  • What places will we see in this game?
  • Any other question or topic
Last Edited by Hombre de Mundo; 03-04-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2011, 06:35 PM
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
View Posts: 6,288
Re: Skyward Sword Speculation/Theory Thread (SPOILERS EXPECTED)

Will post my thread on this subject: Looking into Twilight Princess foreshadowing Skyward Sword - Bunch of speculation!

To answer the questions with my own speculation:
Quote:
Who is the mysterious man in the trailer?
Possibly a Dark Inteloper, his teleportion is exactly like the Twili.
Quote:
Why the new form for the Skyward Sword?
You mean the new sword shown in Link's hands in the trailer? I think it's more probably that it's a starter sword rather than the Skyward Sword.
Quote:
What about the bird symbol?
Flight mount, duh
Quote:
What places will we see in this game?
Probably the stuff we usually see, just in different ways (like TP did on a twist of the usual trope locations). I think sky travel will be a pretty major part of the game so it'd be interesting to see how it's handled. Hopefully it isn't just some type of HUD thing without any feeling of depth when traveling where you can only access a select few locations from a downsized version of the overworld.
Last Edited by Big One; 03-02-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Twili
View Posts: 407

The way this guy's teleportation is animated, with him stretching away and leaving behind a few characteristic particles, reminds me very, very much of Zant.

So, chances are that he's a Dark Interloper indeed, I suppose. Also, notice the violett color under his eyes. Violett is clearly the badguy-color in this game so far, since all enemies turn black and then explode into violett smoke when defeated (even their shields). So, there's a connection between the baddies and this dude. And the baddies die exactly like the Twilight creatures in TP do.

So, yeah. He's a Dark Interloper.
Last Edited by PeterGerri; 03-02-2011 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Sour Gummy Worms
View Posts: 3,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Who is the mysterious man in the trailer?
He looks like Vaati if you ask me, and that grin reminds me of the way Vaati was such a cool calm character in Minish Cap.

Oh, and the purple eye shadow reminds me of Vaati. This all fits my vision of how Vaati would look, dare he ever enter the 3rd dimension in gaming.

While I'm making a reputation of myself as a FSS fan, the small tower at around 0:24, the textural design of the circular room at 0:40, the door at 0:50, and the huge golden boss at 1:01 remind me of TMC.

Sorry, had to say it.

Quote:
Differentiate it from the Master Sword, perhaps? Although, the sword in the trailer looks more like a beginner sword to me. The Master Sword and Four Sword both have more extravagant designs than that.

Quote:
EDIT: That's a leaf. Oops.

EDIT AGAIN: Sorry, I think it's a bird after all. Bird-leaf anyone?

The one in the logo? Er... Flying? Not sure.

Quote:
Hopefully Kokiri Forest, God I miss that place. I don't really know what to expect, considering Nintendo likes to screw with geography quite a bit. Can only imagine where Kakariko will end up this time.
Last Edited by Elwood; 03-03-2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
2 people liked this post: phoenixflight35192, trimph forks
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
Steam ID: labrynian-rebel 3DS ID: 4038-6169-7919
View Posts: 4,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGerri View Post
The way this guy's teleportation is animated, with him stretching away and leaving behind a few characteristic particles, reminds me very, very much of Zant.

So, chances are that he's a Dark Interloper indeed, I suppose. Also, notice the violett color under his eyes. Violett is clearly the badguy-color in this game so far, since all enemies turn black and then explode into violett smoke when defeated (even their shields). So, there's a connection between the baddies and this dude. And the baddies die exactly like the Twilight creatures in TP do.

It's about time someone made a gif of Debbie.

And I agree about him being a dark interloper, and besides Nintendo will probably want to tie in to TP's backstory as well since a lot of zelda fans got introduced to the series recently with that game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
Last Edited by Labrynian Rebel; 03-03-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: DAT DEBBIE :P Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: MrFreaky
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 11:47 PM
King Of Hyrule
View Posts: 3,273

What's I'm real curious is why is this guy being shown?
Is Link staring at him? Is someone telling a story about this guy?
Do we now have boss scenes that show what the main villain is doing?
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 07:58 AM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

So, Debbie has this really deliberate diamond (as in the card suit) motif going on, right?
And Majora's Mask was a heart...
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Goron
View Posts: 246

Could Debbie be an antihero?
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
Steam ID: labrynian-rebel 3DS ID: 4038-6169-7919
View Posts: 4,357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrag View Post
So, Debbie has this really deliberate diamond (as in the card suit) motif going on, right?
And Majora's Mask was a heart...
Steve could be a spade...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 11:09 AM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrynian Rebel View Post
Steve could be a spade...

Kinda works but the other two are so clearly perfectly suit-shaped.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 01:32 PM
A Fierce Theorist
View Posts: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterGerri View Post

If you ask me Nintendo ripped Vaati off big time. Furthermore you can't just make the suggestion that this Debbie is in fact a dark interloper. As far as much as we know about the dark interlopers they're a tribe of shadow like beings with glaring red eyes and are skilled in extremely powerful dark magic, and can generally be seen as shapeshifters.

Also about his teleportation thing, where he leaves shards behind that could just very well be a coincedence, with Zant's teleportation he leaves behind squares seen in cohension wih the Twili (or as I like to call them: Twili shards) with this guy he leaves behind diamonds. Basically what I'm saying here is that there is not enough info on this "Debbie" to automatically clarify that he's an interloper.

"The Shadow will yield only to the one who has the Lens of Truth handed down in Kakariko."
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 PM
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
View Posts: 6,288

No the Dark Intelopers were just a tribe of sorcerers (which I think is more emphasized in the Japanese version), the Dark Link figures were just representations.

Secondly "Debbie" looks nothing like Vaati whatsoever.
Last Edited by Big One; 03-04-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
is not Zelda in disguise
View Posts: 3,958

I don't know why people go on and on about Vaati. They both are pale and have pale purple hair, the similarities end there really...
By that kind of logic Veran is Midna, Ganondorf is Twinrova, and ofcourse Zelda is Link.
1 person liked this post: trimph forks
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Twili
View Posts: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Link 404 View Post
Furthermore you can't just make the suggestion that this Debbie is in fact a dark interloper.
Of course I can.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Powerless to Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterlime View Post
I don't know why people go on and on about Vaati. They both are pale and have pale purple hair, the similarities end there really...
Debbie's hair looks pretty white to me.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 02:40 PM
Chekhov's Gunman
View Posts: 496

Quote:
Who is the mysterious man (Debbie) in the trailer?
I bet that he will be the main villain of the game. He is posed over the Shiva-thing boss. Like Zant with Stallord, he activates it and leaves for Link to fight.

Quote:
When I saw it, I immediately thought of the Picori Sword (white blade, green handle). Maybe is a reference. Is the starter weapon and Adelle, or whatever is called. will end fusioned with it, creating the Master Sword.

Quote:
The Skyloft Symbol? The Link of this game (Hero of Sky seems a possible tittle) starts the legends about Hyrule and the Royal Family will take the symbol of his tribe to identify the new Kingdom.

Quote:
Tricky question. I assume that we'll see old places (proto Lost Woods, Lake Hylia, Death Mountain, etc).
Maybe, (Is just a wild asumption) the kingdom of the Interlopers, if Debbie is really one of them.

Quote:
Any other question or topic
How Princess Zelda will be involved in all of this?
I don't think that a Royal Family exists at that point of the Timeline.

Awsome sig is awsome...
Thank to Diaz in La Tienda de Negro for the amazing work

We are living in a post-Zelda Timeline world. Isn't that scary?
1 person liked this post: lostmind123
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

* Who is the mysterious man (Debbie) in the trailer?

Getting a Shadow Tribe/Twili ancestor vibe, probably for the same reasons as everybody else. He has the same skin tone, minus the black splashes and the Twilight markings, but naturally those are probably effects of being in the Twilight for so long. He also disappears in a manner highly reminiscent of the Twili warp. He also bears some visual similarities to the Sheikah, who some previously connected with the Twili. Given the time period setting of the game, it seems to make good sense.

* Why the new form for the Skyward Sword?

I get the impression that we'll see a transformation similar to the Master Sword in TWW or the Four Sword in TMC. This model has a "White Sword" sort of look, which I think is probably intentional. Some have disputed whether it's the Skyward Sword at all, but it's clear from the fact that the Skyward Sword spirit is with him that it's supposed to be the Skyward Sword.

* What about the bird symbol?

I liked the IGN Rewind Theater speculation that that door in the beginning of the game is a doorway to a portal to Skyloft. Would explain why Link starts out in front of it at the beginning of the trailer as well as the fact that it's so heavily decorated and has the bird symbol on it.

* What places will we see in this game?

Proto versions of the places from OoT, TP, and LttP I'd imagine. Hard to tell what we've seen so far since everything is built very differently.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 03:51 PM
is not Zelda in disguise
View Posts: 3,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrag View Post
Debbie's hair looks pretty white to me.
Might be my screen, either way it's very very light anyway, so it's basically white. If his hair is not light purple then there's even less reason to say he's (like) Vaati
Last Edited by bitterlime; 03-04-2011 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: trimph forks
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
View Posts: 4,595

Quote:
Who is the mysterious man (Debbie) in the trailer?
I believe that Debbie's most likely a new character, and considering some of his similarities to Steve, he might come from Skyloft. His clothing/design seems to have been somewhat inspired by the Gilded Sword from MM, but I doubt that he is actually the Gilded Sword or a weapon of any sort. His outfit somewhat reminds me of what a jester would wear.

I doubt that Debbie is Vaati, as they really have little in common. I doubt that Debbie is one of the Twili's ancestors either, as his outfit doesn't match the Twili's clothing, nor is his magic reminiscent of the Fused Shadows. Debbie's teleportation doesn't look similar to the Twili's either, as Debbie leaves behind a large diamond-shaped pattern that fades while the Twili leave some small magical remnants that quickly vanish or fall apart.

I'm not seeing any connection to the Sheikah either. While most Sheikah had red eyes and tan or generic caucasian skin, Debbie's eyes are purple and he is completely pale, possibly even silver. His outfit doesn't resemble Impa's or Sheik's either, so there's really nothing suggesting that he's a Sheikah.

Quote:
Probably so that it can be upgraded during the game rather than staying the same throughout Link's adventure.

Quote:
I'll have to go back and look at that.

Quote:
Skyloft is a given, though aside from a sea of clouds beneath it we really have no idea what the place will look like. Death Mountain is a possibility, if only because a volcano can be seen in the distance, and Lake Hylia might make an appearance if there's a water temple in the game.

As an aside, thank you, Mandrag (at least I think it was Mandrag), for coming up with the name Debbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Mexicuter
View Posts: 5,664

Quote:
[list][*]Who is the mysterious man (Debbie) in the trailer?
He have a greenish skin just like midna, aghanim, veran and all the people from the evil tribe, I think he could be a interloper, sheikahs have nothing to do with the interlopers, the sheikah haven't greenish skin, the other option is that he is a skyloftian, he looks like the skyward sword(zordiana).

Quote:
[*]Why the new form for the Skyward Sword?
It could be a random sword, not the skyward sword.

Quote:
[*]What about the bird symbol?
I think it´s the symbol of skyloft.

Quote:
[*]What places will we see in this game?
desert,forest,volkano,sky, common zelda places I hope for a new place at least.

Few things satisfy like a puzzle solved!
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 03-04-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote