Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Fabulous

View Posts: 3,031
Re: New character (Debbie) in skyward sword

A quick addendum I should add to my most recent post, there was indeed a battle over the sacred realm, but the interlopers are introduced after the fact. This is in the same vision of Lanayru that I quoted from above.
SS-OoT______________________________aLttP-LA
\MM---TP---tHF-AoL---OoS-OoA-/
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind
Steam ID: labrynian-rebel 3DS ID: 4038-6169-7919
View Posts: 4,357

If Debbie is an interloper and Steve is the queen of fairies, then Skyward Sword will be the perfect prequel, tieing in to and setting up both timelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrenne
Your idea of greatness is making stuff up as you go along
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:01 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

Except the Queen of Fairies isn't really important to WW's plot. Like, at all.
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:02 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,034

I think, as I said - and others since - that Debbie and Steve, aside form the former being fabulous, are of the same tribe that were originally the dark interlopers/tribe form the legend that tried to obtain the Triforce, and were banished by the commands of the Goddesses and Light spirits. The magic seen so far, while admittedly not much, shows the same transportation medium albeit, where Midna/Twili transport they leave black squares, whereas the new race leaves diamonds.

It's not a fair stretch - despite it being so nevertheless, to think in the Twilight Realm, sealed away from sunshine and all that jazz, that the tribe of Debbie and Steve turned into eventually the Twili.

All speculatory of course though.
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:07 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist

^
But I must again point out that Debbie doesn't share any of Steve's inhuman features.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:10 PM
SeriousDiscussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrag View Post
^
But I must again point out that Debbie doesn't share any of Steve's inhuman features.
Do you mean his clothes? Not sure what you're referring to.

Though I don't think there are any screenshots of her in the game. So we can't really accurately state whether the two are of the same race or not.
Though Midna and Zant were both radically different to one another, and then again to the general Twili people.
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Powerless to Resist

We can state that we've seen her icon to be identical to the Queen of Fairies, and also looks like her art.
She has shiny blue skin and hair and lacks pupils in her eyes. Those are the inhuman features I refer to.
Last Edited by TheGhostOfMandrag; 03-03-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:16 PM
SeriousDiscussion

Oh right, I see.
Agreed and acknowledged though again, Midna, and Zant look radically different despite being of the same race.

Their differences could just be for the sake of differentiating them as major characters, as Ganondorf was for the Gerudo (okay, bad example as he was male) - or Ruto from the Zora. And Darunia. Al that shiz.

Although, after the "inside job" conspiracy of TP with the Twili and Zant's usurping, I would be irritated to see it repeated with Debbie and Steve.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Beast_Majora View Post
I know nothing is definate, but why the a gilded sword like pattern, red eyes, pale skin, white hair, purple under the eyes, and twili-like vanishing? We know from previous games that the Zelda producers are great at making new stuff, so why re-use so much stuff from previous games for a brand new race (at least we think it is)?

oh and why are we calling the new guy Debbie?
You can't classify argyle as a Gilded Sword-like pattern just because the sword had golden diamond shapes on the blade...

It wouldn't even make sense for there to be a connection to the gilded sword, which was an upgrade of an upgrade of the Kokiri Sword done by 2 mountain smiths in a side-game not even related to anything in Hyrule.

And Debbie doesn't have red eyes. There IS the pale skin, white hair and purple eye shadow though. I think we can rule out Vaati, as Vaati is a Picori using a magical hat to take human form, and the hat is missing... and Vaati is cooler than Debbie anyway... The only Shiekah we've seen didn't have pale skin, and Impa had white hair while Shiek didn't, so I don't think white hair is enough to say someone is related to the Shiekah... but the purple eye shadow might be a hint at something, lol. I mean, whenever we have eye + purple in Zelda, it is usually related to Shiekah.... well, except in Vaati's case, unless he was intended to originally have something to do with it.... I don't know...

I think he might have something to do with the "Interlopers", just because of where the game is in the timeline, and the fact that he seems to be using "dark magic"....

As for the idea of Zordiana/Steve and Debbie being of the same race.... I don't get the comparison at all... Sure, they are the only characters we've been shown so far, but that doesn't mean they are related. Zordiana looks like she's made out of metal while Debbie is clearly a "normal" person with makeup on... Where exactly are the similarities? They are nothing alike...
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Labrynian Rebel Labrynian Rebel is a male United States Labrynian Rebel is offline
A paragon of my kind

I bet Debbie goes after the Skyward Sword, but when Link gets it first then he changes his battle plan to destroying the sword and Link. Hence the mecha shiva of death.

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

Perhaps Debbie and Steve are of the same race, it's just that Steve's "curse" with the Skyward Sword makes her resemble it.
Quote:
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Powerless to Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labrynian Rebel View Post
Perhaps Debbie and Steve are of the same race, it's just that Steve's "curse" with the Skyward Sword makes her resemble it.
That's some solid logic, right there.

It's founded on "These two characters look nothing alike but let's assume they're the same race anyways."

That is definitely a good base to build on.
1 person liked this post: Fal'Cie
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:43 PM
A paragon of my kind

I never said it was a solid idea but it is possible, Vaati and the Minish look nothing alike but then it turned out Vaati was a Minish.
Quote:
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:54 PM
An Hero of Time An Hero of Time is a female United States An Hero of Time is offline
Sage of The Whatever
View Posts: 2,855

I'm wondering if the artwork that we've seen of Steve so far even portrays her true form. I wouldn't be surprised if she was cursed like Midna, and had shiny blue skin and lacked pupils and the like as the result.
1 person liked this post: SuperDecimal
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 PM
ironknuckle1 ironknuckle1 is a male United States ironknuckle1 is offline
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One View Post
This won't be Vaati. Vaati already has an established human form and backstory of his own. He was born centuries after Skyward Sword in continuity.
Yeah thats what i expect but it would be nice if he was. But i think of the many theories out their so far him being an interloper seems pretty plausible but with this little amount of information we cant positively id much about him.
Rebeating each game
3 HEART RUNS:
Finished:
MC,OOT,PH,ST,
Uber Challenge:
Finished:
PH
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 03:03 PM
A paragon of my kind

Steve will probably look like a grown-up version of the WW Queen of Fairies since they share the same head.
Quote:
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 03:49 PM
gone with the ghost train
View Posts: 4,946

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu_004 View Post
You can't classify argyle as a Gilded Sword-like pattern just because the sword had golden diamond shapes on the blade...

It wouldn't even make sense for there to be a connection to the gilded sword, which was an upgrade of an upgrade of the Kokiri Sword done by 2 mountain smiths in a side-game not even related to anything in Hyrule.
It is striking that the colors of the similar pattern match. I imagine the scenario to go out like this:

Debbie: Here is my sword. Make it stronger. If I don't come back in a few days, keep it. Ta!
Debbie vanishes in his fabulous way.
A week later...
Zubora: I don't think he is coming back. What are we doing to do with it?
Gabora: Ugor ugoh ughor!
Zubora: What? Oh, excellent idea!
Link enters with his Kokiri Sword.
Zubora: Welcome! Do you want it forged for 100 rupees?
Link: [Yes.]
Zubora: Excellent. Hand it over and come back tomorrow.
Link hands over the sword and leaves.
Zubora: Forge it. Tomorrow, we can go with the idea.
Link arrives the next day.
Zubora: Welcome back! It's done, see?
Link holds it up with glee.
Zubora: Oh! Also, if you want it any stronger, bring in some gold dust!
Link leaves, and in a few hours returns with a bottle of it in hand.
Zubora: Welcome back! You got the gold dust? Excellent, hand it over and come back tomorrow.
Link hands over the forged sword and the gold dust and leaves.
Zubora: Little did he know that gold is one of the softest metals! Hahaha!
Gabora: Ugo-oh! Ugor ugoh ughor?
Zubora: What? Yes, you can discard the Razor Sword now and we will hand him the sword we are left with.
Link returns the next day.
Zubora: Hey look, it's ready! See?
Link holds it up with glee.

The Gilded Sword was Debbie's.
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM
A paragon of my kind

I always knew that Gabora's groans were really laughter
Quote:
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,013

Who is Steve? Why are we calling the sword girl Steve?
Last Edited by spktb11; 03-03-2011 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Jor-El
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Pet Detective
View Posts: 1,272

The way i thought you'd use Steves advise was by her talking to you as the sword (she wouldnt be following you around), but she is nowhere to be seen and Link isnt holding the MS and her face is on the HUD.. Will this button be same as talking to Midna/Navi/etc, or can she be used as an item?

Also, Debbie has HUGE eyes
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2011, 04:49 PM
There are no take-backsies in my kingdom.
Send a message via Skype™ to Jor-El

View Posts: 1,116

omg who chose the names Debbie for the guy villan man person and Steve for the girl fairy sword person? It should have been the other way around... >_> I seriously can't wait until they release the official names so I can sleep in peace..

Tags
character, debbie, debbie is fabulous, gdc, skyward sword, trailer, vaati, villain