Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Súndav Istalrí Súndav Istalrí is a male United States Súndav Istalrí is offline
Send a message via Skype™ to Súndav Istalrí
View Posts: 942
Fado and Laruto in TP?

As we learned in The Wind Waker, in order for the Master Sword to have the power to "repel evil" there needs t0 be two sages continuously playing music to infuse the sword with said power.

Quote:
King of Hyrule (WW)
マスターソードが退魔の力を失ったのは 剣に神の力を注ぎ込んだ 賢者たちの身に 何か起きたという表れだ
It seems that something has happened to the sages that imbue the Master Sword with the power of the gods so that it has lost its anti-demon power.
The fact that the Master Sword lost the power to repel evil suggests to me that something has happened to the sages who infused the blade with the gods' power.

賢者は、このハイラルの北にある風の神殿と 南にある大地の神殿で それぞれに、神への祈りをささげているはず
The sages should be lifting up prayers to the gods in the Wind Temple in north Hyrule and the Earth Temple in south Hyrule.
The sages should be here in Hyrule...in the Wind Temple to the north and the Earth Temple to the south, praying to the gods.

お前は、その2つの神殿におもむき 賢者の身に何が起こったのかを調べ 再び剣に退魔の力を蘇らせるのだ
You must go to those two temples and find out what has happened to the sages so that the anti-demon power can be restored to the sword.
You must head for these two temples to see what has happened to the sages and attempt to find a way to recover the power to repel evil.[/
Now in Twilight Princess the Master Sword has the power to repel evil.. so that must mean that their are two sages (besides the forest, fire, shadow, spirit, and light sages you meet in the Mirror Chamber) somewhere in hyrule. it is also said that the sages reside in their own temple, the wind temple in the north, and the earth temple in the south. so does this mean that Fado and Laruto are still alive in TP? (since ganon never killed them like he did in tWW) or am I just over thinkng this?

Just thought i'd mention all of this and see what people think about it

Quote:
On 1/8/14, at 9:32 PM, Double A wrote:
> we were just discussing how we'd like to rub syrup all over your sculpted torso
Quote:
On 1/13/14, at 2:44 AM, Double A wrote:
> [refering to a pic of me] omigod sundav my panties can't take it
1 person liked this post: nabooru21
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,439
Re: Fado and Laruto in TP?

Well, I'd assume that any game with the Master Sword in it would have Laruto & Fado/any other Wind & and Earth Sages playing music in them- they're just not seen in-game. This raises the question of wether or not we'll see them in SS (since the MS is crafted in it).

Back on topic, yes, it is most likely that the Earth & Wind Sages are alive somewhere in TP Hyrule. Laruto would be praying somewhere in Faron Woods, I believe, and Fado would be north of Zora's Domain (I think...?). How ironic.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 06:28 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

Now, I could be wrong but in TP I don't believe the Master Sword glows except when it's first drawn (and, later, when it soaks up son Sol juice but that doesn't really count).
And in OoT it only glows right before the final blow and, indeed, doesn't exhibit any special properties beyond being a time-key until then.

In Wind Waker, on the other hand, it glowed the whole time Medli and Makar were doing their thing.

Unless I am mistaken, that means it's not actively being enchanted in these games.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrag View Post
Unless I am mistaken, that means it's not actively being enchanted in these games.
it still means there were/are sages playing instruments durring those moments when TP link drew the sword, and at the end of OoT because it had power

Quote:
> we were just discussing how we'd like to rub syrup all over your sculpted torso
Quote:
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Twili
View Posts: 407

At the end of OoT, it was filled with the powers of the seven sages, I assume, since Zelda asks them to send Link their power.

*Correction, it was probably only Zelda's power. But it seemed to do the job.
Last Edited by PeterGerri; 02-23-2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 06:57 PM
is THE ONE.
Send a message via AIM to Big One
View Posts: 6,291

I don't think they exist in TP.

I think that there's more than one set of sages in the Zelda universe, that all pertain to something different. The ghostly sages, for example, all dwell in Arbiter's Grounds and are so skewed from being similar to any other set of sages it's ridiculous.

Then there's the Lokomo, who surely coexist with the Wind and Water Sages from TWW (in whatever current form they take, even if it's a new incarnation). Some unknown sages were also mentioned on the graves in PH. And then there's Sahralsa and the other two old men, who coexist with the maidens.

But in their current form, it's doubtful. I don't think the idea of multiple race sages took up in the Child Timeline like it did in the Adult Timeline, not to mention there isn't any Kokiri in sight in TP.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champman View Post
it still means there were/are sages playing instruments durring those moments when TP link drew the sword, and at the end of OoT because it had power
We saw in TP it can get power from other sources than just the music when it absorbed the Sol energy, so when it glowed for a minute in OoT it was far more likely the doing of the sages that were present there.

And I think it's safe to assume that the Power to Repel Evil has to be spent somehow to be lost; the sword doesn't stop glowing in WW when Medli or Makar are standing around talking to you and, in its undrawn state, it was sealing all the monsters in Hyrule Castle, along with Ganon's power, somehow. I'd wager the power sat latent within it in TP until it was drawn.
1 person liked this post: Beemnorv
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 09:45 PM

Quote:
We saw in TP it can get power from other sources than just the music when it absorbed the Sol energy, so when it glowed for a minute in OoT it was far more likely the doing of the sages that were present there.
not all power is the same, nor does it react with everything in same way. the Sol energy is raw power and light. no where does it say it repels evil.

Quote:
Quote:
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Powerless to Resist

I didn't say Sol light repelled evil.

I just said the sword was able to absorb power from other sources.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2011, 04:38 PM

sorry, i interpreted your statement wrong.. but even if it "spent" its power when link drew the sword, it still used its power to kill ganondorf. because when the sages stabbed ganon w/ their mystical-glowing-light-sword he didnt die, but when link stabbed him (with the master sword) he does die. so obviously it had "repelling/evil destroyng" power

Quote:
Quote:
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2011, 04:44 PM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,050

Like Deku Scrubs and the Great Deku Tree - if they don't appear in the game; they're not in the game.

I really don't like the "They're there but we just don't see them" mentality.
Last Edited by SuperDecimal; 02-24-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
1 person liked this post: Florina Laufeyson
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Ningan the Lone Ninja
View Posts: 5,671

Quote:
Now, I could be wrong but in TP I don't believe the Master Sword glows except when it's first drawn (and, later, when it soaks up son Sol juice but that doesn't really count).

In Wind Waker, on the other hand, it glowed the whole time Medli and Makar were doing their thing.

Hang on. Weren't there two Sols that gave the Master Sword the power to banish darkness? There were two Sages in WW, Fado and Laruto, as pointed out. Maybe it had some sort of symbolic meaning?
Last Edited by Castiel; 02-24-2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2011, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal View Post
Like Deku Scrubs and the Great Deku Tree - if they don't appear in the game; they're not in the game.

I really don't like the "They're there but we just don't see them" mentality.
Thats like saying you dont believe Pluto exists because you have never seen it without the use of a tv or a telescope...

Quote:
Quote:
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,800

I don't really think too much about this, since it isn't all that clear. Sometimes I just think Fado and Laruto were 2 of the 6 sages, but either gained new titles and moved to different temples or whatever (explaining why their "elements" are earth and wind) or that maybe wind and forest are the same thing, and water and earth are tied together somehow... I guess its kind of odd that the roles of water and earth switched between OoT and WW. In OoT the Zora live in and are associated with water. In WW the Zoras (now known as the Rito) , now live on land, a volcano surrounded by water... And also they seem to have replaced Jabu-Jabu with Valoo as their guardian deity, probably as a result of their new reliance on land over water....

Also, We don't know how many sages were still in the temples praying during WW. We know Ganon killed 2 sages (Fado and Laruto) once he broke free, and to return the power to the Master Sword they had to be replaced. Maybe only 2 sages are involved with the Master Sword's power, maybe they all are involved and we just don't hear about the others because they are not a concern, who knows.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Powerless to Resist

Quote:
sorry, i interpreted your statement wrong.. but even if it "spent" its power when link drew the sword, it still used its power to kill ganondorf. because when the sages stabbed ganon w/ their mystical-glowing-light-sword he didnt die, but when link stabbed him (with the master sword) he does die. so obviously it had "repelling/evil destroyng" power
The Master Sword didn't have the power to kill Ganon. Zant did.
1 person liked this post: SuperDecimal
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2011, 05:37 AM
SeriousDiscussion
View Posts: 24,050

Quote:
Thats like saying you dont believe Pluto exists because you have never seen it without the use of a tv or a telescope...
Wrong.

I'm saying if the developer's didn't program in the Great Deku Tree or Deku Scrubs into TP, then they are not in the game.

Likewise, there is no Kokiri Fado or Zora Laruto programmed into TP. Therefore, they are not in the game. And anyone who says "They're there but we lol don't see them" is just silly.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Gerudo Thief
View Posts: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDecimal View Post
Wrong.

I'm saying if the developer's didn't program in the Great Deku Tree or Deku Scrubs into TP, then they are not in the game.

Likewise, there is no Kokiri Fado or Zora Laruto programmed into TP. Therefore, they are not in the game. And anyone who says "They're there but we lol don't see them" is just silly.
They are talking story-wise, not game-wise. They want to know if they're alive *at that point in the timeline*, not litterally in the game waiting to be discovered.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
The Master Sword didn't have the power to kill Ganon. Zant did.
so what happend with the ToP?

Quote:
Quote:
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Powerless to Resist

Quote:
so what happend with the ToP?
Considering the Triforce of Power isn't evil to be repelled, I'd say that's irrelevant.
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2011, 07:41 PM

but wasnt it being used for/to help evil?

Quote:
Quote:

Tags
fado, laruto, master sword