Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13
MM:Fierce Deity Oraginal Guardian of the Moon

I found this intresting as when you put the Fierce Deity's Mask on,Notice the moon symbol on his right armorplate and the triforce piece on the left side.because both symbols represent it origin's in the heavens(sky) also the 3 circle's above the symbol of the moon and triforce piece on his armor. representing the The three Golden Goddesses, Din, Farore and Nayru

So make's me think maybe the Fierce Deity's was the orginal Guardian.As you can see when your inside the moon there a big meadow and sky inside.Also you can only get this Mask when your inside the moon from majora.

Also note the Moon has a fierce expression on its face!

Its intresting to note:when Majora gives you this mask she says along the lines I'll be the good guy and you can be the bad guy.

because didnt the goddesses seal Majora Mask away.You can find a intresting artical about majora mask connection to the stone tower and its sealing away in the Articals on this site and how the people tried to reach the heavens with the tower but the 3 goddess fliped it over making it lead into hell,because they didnt want them to reach the heavens. More reasons why the Fierce Diety would be the guardian in the sky to defend the goddesses. and why majora would hate the 3 godesses for it being sealed away.
The Message of Majora’s Mask Articles - Zelda Universe<--Artical

Notice how majora targets the moon in the sky pulling it to the ground.

Which would make this theory more plausible,because Majora was the enemy of the goddesses,and the Fierce Diety wears armor representing the three goddesses.As i explaind above,So it would make more sense he would be the only one to rival majora dark power and to stop it and be more powerful since the godesses created him as the guardian.As you can see when you fight Majora using his mask,she stands no chance against him.Also note his color scheme seems to be between white pale/silver/blue as the moon appearence,even has the red painting around his eyes,just as the moons eyes is red,but that could also just be war paint.
Last Edited by Naomi; 12-14-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 AM
An Hero of Time An Hero of Time is a female United States An Hero of Time is offline
Sage of The Whatever
View Posts: 2,858
Re: MM:Fierce Deity's Oraginal Guardian of the Moon

Interesting theory. I've had similar ideas as well about the Fierce Deity being the Guardian/Deity/Spirit of the moon.

There are a few things that I'm going to point out about Majora to in an attempt to support your theory; some of it might be a little off-topic though. Specifically the themes of duality that seem to surround the two.

From what I've noticed, the Fierce Deity seems to represent the moon, while Majora seems to represent the sun. As you've mentioned, the Fierce Deity has a very pale color scheme which relates more to the moon, while Majora has a very bright one, which would match more with the sun. On top of that, the first form of Majora, moves very much like a characterized, spinning sun, and even one of it's attacks features it shooting a beam of solar-like fire/light at you. The boss room is also decorated with designs that seem to resemble a sun. Lastly, the moon's eyes look very similar to Majora's. Then again, the "face" of the moon also looks very forced, as if it's wearing a mask itself. If it is, or does have a guardian that's similar to those of the four giants of Termina, then it's likely that Majora's Mask had possessed and turned it into a destructive monster as well. Just like for four giants being transformed and imprisoned as masked monsters in the game. In other words, their seems to be some sort of disturbing sibling/friendship rivalry surrounding these once two powerful entities, and that they both saw the destruction and salvation of an entire world and all of the people living within it as some sort of sick game. A ying/yang balance sort of thing going on, if you will.

And lastly, in concerns to the article that you've referenced, if the goddesses DID intend to destroy Termina due to the inhabitants' arrogance, then perhaps Termina was meant to be destroyed by Majora all along. Perhaps Majora truly is the "good guy" between the two; sent by the goddesses to destroy a land once full of wicked, disrespectful people. Perhaps they were giving the Terminians a taste of their own medicine by mocking their moon deity with a twisted face and then forcing it collide with their own planet. Doesn't explain why they worshipped Majora's Mask at Stone Tower Temple though...

Then again, it also doesn't explain how and why Link ended up saving all of them regardless. Perhaps the goddesses eventually forgave the Terminians over time and destined Link to save them. Or... if you want something really far-fetched, then maybe it was an ill-attempt to seal Link's demise along with the rest of the alternate universe for unknown reasons. The land is called Termina, after all. Who knows.

Yeah I know, it's a (very) far-fetched fanfic theory, but it's food for thought... I guess...
Last Edited by An Hero of Time; 12-14-2010 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss-Budget View Post
Interesting theory. I've had similar ideas as well about the Fierce Deity being the Guardian/Deity/Spirit of the moon.

There are a few things that I'm going to point out about Majora to in an attempt to support your theory; some of it might be a little off-topic though. Specifically the themes of duality that seem to surround the two.

From what I've noticed, the Fierce Deity seems to represent the moon, while Majora seems to represent the sun. As you've mentioned, the Fierce Deity has a very pale color scheme which relates more to the moon, while Majora has a very bright one, which would match more with the sun. On top of that, the first form of Majora, moves very much like a characterized, spinning sun, and even one of it's attacks features it shooting a beam of solar-like fire/light at you. The boss room is also decorated with designs that seem to resemble a sun. Lastly, the moon's eyes look very similar to Majora's. Then again, the "face" of the moon also looks very forced, as if it's wearing a mask itself. If it is, or does have a guardian that's similar to those of the four giants of Termina, then it's likely that Majora's Mask had possessed and turned it into a destructive monster as well. Just like for four giants being transformed and imprisoned as masked monsters in the game. In other words, their seems to be some sort of disturbing sibling/friendship rivalry surrounding these once two powerful entities, and that they both saw the destruction and salvation of an entire world and all of the people living within it as some sort of sick game. A ying/yang balance sort of thing going on, if you will.

And lastly, in concerns to the article that you've referenced, if the goddesses DID intend to destroy Termina due to the inhabitants' arrogance, then perhaps Termina was meant to be destroyed by Majora all along. Perhaps Majora truly is the "good guy" between the two; sent by the goddesses to destroy a land once full of wicked, disrespectful people. Perhaps they were giving the Terminians a taste of their own medicine by mocking their moon deity with a twisted face and then forcing it collide with their own planet. Doesn't explain why they worshipped Majora's Mask at Stone Tower Temple though...

Then again, it also doesn't explain how and why Link ended up saving all of them regardless. Perhaps the goddesses eventually forgave the Terminians over time and destined Link to save them. Or... if you want something really far-fetched, then maybe it was an ill-attempt to seal Link's demise along with the rest of the alternate universe for unknown reasons. The land is called Termina, after all. Who knows.

Yeah I know, it's a (very) far-fetched fanfic theory, but it's food for thought... I guess...
That is good pointing out of the yin/yang and how you pointed out majora represent the sun.
It would mean the oraginal tribe who created Majora warshiped the sun insted of the godesses and based majora design after it and we already know the fierce diety represent the moon guardian.

Also the game could be pointing this out as well.Notice the mask Anju and Kafei where to give each other,The Sun mask and The Moon Mask! Now Thats somthing to think about.

because when you play the game you would never notice these clues unless you thought more about majora and Fierce diety connection to each other and what they represent.

Also the only problem i find with the goddesses using majora to end Termina dosent seem to be like that.because majora had already been sealed away hidden for it's evil power.Then later the people who built the tower to reach the heavens found the mask where joyed and worshiped majora and not the godesses and the people planed to use majora to kill the goddesses wich would mean majora was never good in the first place or it wouldnt have been sealed away.

Meaning The fierce Diety must have been the protecter/watcher/guardian to the goddesess and the one who looked after termina people from evil(as he resides in the moon etc the closest to heaven where the goodesses are) and reported to the godesses and told them of the people who favored the giants over them.even the moon in the sky has that fierce expression as if warning termina people,As its looking down on them in warning to not to defy the goddesses.

Also since termina is opposite of hyrule.It would make sense for the fierce Diety to be the guardian there.As you notice in each zelda game the goddesses always have a link to fight for them.Also Since majora would be the sun it would make sense for it to be opposite of ganondorf who in oot was born in the desert where the sun is always out at day.

Also i agree and think that the goddesses over time forgave the people of termina.because Link was able to use the fierce diety mask and was not consumed by it's power.meaning the goddesses where okay with it.
Last Edited by Naomi; 12-14-2010 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Nightmare Generator
View Posts: 1,361

i personally think that FD is the essence of the balance between the goddesses(the triangle) and majora(the moon) seeing as he's covered in cryptic, yet symetrical patterns, as well as his awesome twirly sword
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 10

The face on the moon was created by the Skull Kid, it wasn't natural.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2010, 02:20 AM
Goron
View Posts: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuss-Budget View Post

Link saved Termina against the godeeses' wishes because he was no longer the hero of time (remember he returned the master sword to the pedestal of time in Ocarina of Time?) He's no longer doing the godesses' wishes and is merely acting on his own accord. He does seem to have the support of at least one goddess though (the goddess of time namely). Then again that could be just because he has the ocarina of time in his possession much like how Ganondorf was aided by Din for holding the triforce of power despite him doing "evil".

@OP: It wasn't the goddesses who sealed Majora's Mask away. It was the ancient ones who created it fearing the destruction it might bring. I doubt the goddesses were involved with anything in Majora's Mask save Link's ability to travel back in time. But that's just my belief.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2010, 07:06 AM
Ningan the Lone Ninja
View Posts: 5,673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi View Post
So make's me think maybe the Fierce Deity's was the orginal Guardian.As you can see when your inside the moon there a big meadow and sky inside.Also you can only get this Mask when your inside the moon from majora.
I think the Deity was the guardian of the Moon because of this detail.

Quote:
Also note the Moon has a fierce expression on its face!
I don't know how this relates to Majora or the fierce Deity!

Quote:
Its intresting to note:when Majora gives you this mask she says along the lines I'll be the good guy and you can be the bad guy.
because didnt the goddesses seal Majora Mask away.You can find a intresting artical about majora mask connection to the stone tower and its sealing away in the Articals on this site and how the people tried to reach the heavens with the tower but the 3 goddess fliped it over making it lead into hell,because they didnt want them to reach the heavens. More reasons why the Fierce Diety would be the guardian in the sky to defend the goddesses. and why Majora would hate the 3 godesses for it being sealed away.
Notice how Majora targets the moon in the sky pulling it to the ground.
This is another detail to be noticed (The line of Majora about good guys & bad guys.) which assumes that Majora is the bad guy, the deity is the good guy, which makes sense in the Deity being a guardian of the Moon, trying to protect it. However, Majora may believe that he he is doing good by destroying Termina and its people and 'cleaning' the world.

Quote:
Which would make this theory more plausible,because Majora was the enemy of the goddesses,and the Fierce Diety wears armor representing the three goddesses.As i explaind above,So it would make more sense he would be the only one to rival majora dark power and to stop it and be more powerful since the godesses created him as the guardian.As you can see when you fight Majora using his mask,she stands no chance against him.Also note his color scheme seems to be between white pale/silver/blue as the moon appearence,even has the red painting around his eyes,just as the moons eyes is red,but that could also just be war paint.
I'm not sure about the connection with the Three Goddesses as Termina does not seem to have the same religious beliefs as Hyrule, they seem to only believe in the Four Giants and the Carnival of Time. I fail to see the connection between the Deity and the Triforce so if someone could expand on that, please?