Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #121 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-17-2010, 10:50 AM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer View Post
Not really; Ganondorf could have easily destroyed Castle Town and Hyrule Castle while ultimately losing the war.
Maybe, but there is no canon proof to support this. Regardless of when Link returned, the result would be the same with the events connecting from OOT to TP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKD View Post
Unless, you don't believe that Ganondorf is in the castle window, in which case I could see more depth in your theory and retract almost everything
I always thought Zelda was simply peeking in on a different royal meeting and was just waiting for Link's return. Now I'm not denying that Link COULD have returned to the time before he met Zelda. I'm just saying him returning to that time would make things more complicated than they really have to be.

1. The DOT already being opened and Link meeting Zelda for a second time would not contradict her original dream prophecy.

2. It would be more harder to convince the King of Hyrule and the original sages that Ganon is a bad guy.

3. The contradiction of time travel logic that the time traveler must return to the point of origin from where the time traveling began or else have a double of themselves in the same reality.

So if Link returned to the time before he met Zelda, he would have been entombed alive in the MS chamber and would have to wait for his other self to open the DOT to let him out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Reply With Quote
  #122 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-17-2010, 01:33 PM
Norebo Italy Norebo is offline
Royal Hylian
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: in the fridge
View Posts: 933
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
1. The DOT already being opened and Link meeting Zelda for a second time would not contradict her original dream prophecy.

2. It would be more harder to convince the King of Hyrule and the original sages that Ganon is a bad guy.

3. The contradiction of time travel logic that the time traveler must return to the point of origin from where the time traveling began or else have a double of themselves in the same reality.

So if Link returned to the time before he met Zelda, he would have been entombed alive in the MS chamber and would have to wait for his other self to open the DOT to let him out.
Another dimension/timeline is created. Returning AFTER the point where the DOT opened wouldn't make sense (Ganon obtaining the Triforce etc.). Not to mention, Zelda shouldn't be in the Castle when the DOT is already opened. She fled with Impa, remember?
Reply With Quote
  #123 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Jarsh Jarsh is offline
Guardian Dragon
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Heiuso's Sea
View Posts: 2,026
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
I personally doubt OoT 3DS will verify anything; I don't think Nintendo should be bothered to care, either.
Let me clarify: for those who say that Link returns to the point right before he draws the Master Sword, the lack of the Goron Bracelet is disregarded as it could have been an error that was simply not corrected. If Nintendo bothers to still show Link without his Goron Bracelet, I will not think it was still an oversight since they're even changing his appearance (OoT 3DS now shows him with a sash, contrary to the original OoT in-game). I am also interested to see how they handle which shield Link has equipped once he is returned to his "original time".
Reply With Quote
  #124 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Average Gamer Average Gamer is offline
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Haunted Wasteland
View Posts: 4,595
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
Maybe, but there is no canon proof to support this.
The Temple of Time not only appears to be in ruins, but there are ruins of other structures throughout the surrounding forest. Also, the Sages state that Ganondorf invaded Hyrule to access the Sacred Realm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
I always thought Zelda was simply peeking in on a different royal meeting and was just waiting for Link's return.
Possibly, but that doesn't explain why Zelda was shocked and horrified to see Link. Also, if an attack already took place, I don't see why Zelda wouldn't be in a more secure location within the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
1. The DOT already being opened and Link meeting Zelda for a second time would not contradict her original dream prophecy.

2. It would be more harder to convince the King of Hyrule and the original sages that Ganon is a bad guy.
I already responded to these points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
3. The contradiction of time travel logic that the time traveler must return to the point of origin from where the time traveling began or else have a double of themselves in the same reality.
The Zelda series doesn't appear to be too concerned with meeting any sort of established time travel rules, seeing as how it has featured changing the past, an ontological paradox, splitting the timeline, etc., and that's just in OoT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
So if Link returned to the time before he met Zelda, he would have been entombed alive in the MS chamber and would have to wait for his other self to open the DOT to let him out.
I already responded to this point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintin O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
Reply With Quote
  #125 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer View Post
Possibly, but that doesn't explain why Zelda was shocked and horrified to see Link. Also, if an attack already took place, I don't see why Zelda wouldn't be in a more secure location within the castle.
I already responded to that point more than enough times in that I believe that Hyrule castle/town is the logical safe haven they would return to if Link never pulled the MS.

Sorry I did not mean to ignore your other points. I'm OK if you want to believe the DOT is just a plothole. But I'm sure the devs intended it to be that way for a reason. Just like when Zelda details her dream prophecy to Link in which the word FAIRY is highlighted in blue. It seems very clear to me that Navi being present in that first meeting was of great importance going by what the canon game displays.

I just simply can't believe that important detail can just be dismissed and merely explained away by randomly vague theories.




Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceDesiré View Post
Another dimension/timeline is created. Returning AFTER the point where the DOT opened wouldn't make sense (Ganon obtaining the Triforce etc.). Not to mention, Zelda shouldn't be in the Castle when the DOT is already opened. She fled with Impa, remember?
But when Link returns to the Child Timeline at the end it shows the DOT being already opened exactly the way it was when he time traveled back during the game. Zelda and Impa just returned to the castle after Ganon's initial attack was likely not a conquest since Link never pulls the MS in this split timeline, and thus changes future events leading up to TP.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Last Edited by Ganonslayer2000; 10-18-2010 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #126 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Average Gamer Average Gamer is offline
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Haunted Wasteland
View Posts: 4,595
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
I already responded to that point more than enough times in that I believe that Hyrule castle/town is the logical safe haven they would return to if Link never pulled the MS.
What I meant in my previous post was that, if the castle had already been attacked and Zelda was established as a target, why would she be left alone in the garden as opposed to being in the castle halls with guards accompanying her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
I'm OK if you want to believe the DOT is just a plothole.
I don't think that it's a plot hole; I believe that the Door of Time could have easily just opened to let Link out, judging from other magical passageways in the series, Zelda's magic, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
Just like when Zelda details her dream prophecy to Link in which the word FAIRY is highlighted in blue. It seems very clear to me that Navi being present in that first meeting was of great importance going by what the canon game displays.
I already responded to this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintin O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
Last Edited by Average Gamer; 10-18-2010 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #127 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 09:43 AM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer View Post
What I meant in my previous post was that, if the castle had already been attacked and Zelda was established as a target, why would she be left alone in the garden as opposed to being in the castle halls with guards accompanying her?
The guards are probably somewhere beefing up the security to not allow Ganon or his minions back in the castle. Is this really deemed to be so unbelievable but yet random unproven magic by Zelda to somehow open the DOT for Link is just so blindly accepted without canon proof??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Reply With Quote
  #128 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Thanatos-Zero Thanatos-Zero is a male Germany Thanatos-Zero is offline
- E u z e t h - G o z z o -
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany - Wittlich
View Posts: 836
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
The guards are probably somewhere beefing up the security to not allow Ganon or his minions back in the castle. Is this really deemed to be so unbelievable but yet random unproven magic by Zelda to somehow open the DOT for Link is just so blindly accepted without canon proof??
There is just one contradiction you failed to see. If the security is so beefed up, how could Link manage to make it past the soldiers? After the third stone, Link was under all conditions unable to proceed into the courtyard!
__________________
"That was me as well!" Or if you prefer moon speak... "SORE MO WATASHI DA!"
Reply With Quote
  #129 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Kingslayer Kingslayer is a male United States Kingslayer is offline
i did it
Send a message via AIM to Kingslayer Send a message via Yahoo to Kingslayer Send a message via Skype™ to Kingslayer
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
View Posts: 328
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
But in the Child Timeline in which the outcome would be different since Link DID NOT pull the MS, going back to the castle would be the most rationally sound idea. As I said before, in the theoretical scenario that Ganon could never conquer Hyrule unless Link pulled the MS, Zelda and Impa returning to a safe haven like Hyrule castle/town would be the logical thing to do. So there is no point in Impa keeping Zelda in hiding in the Child Timeline. What happened in the Adult Timeline is irrelevant.
Ganondorf.
Attacked.
The.
Castle.
Before.
Link.
Pulled.
Out.
The.
Master.
Sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer
Also, the Sages state that Ganondorf invaded Hyrule to access the Sacred Realm.
This is true.
Quote:
He was the leader of a band of thieves who invaded Hyrule in the hopes of
establishing dominion over the Sacred Realm.
He was known as a demon thief, an evil-magic wielder renowned for his
ruthlessness...
But he was blind...
In all of his fury and might, he was blind to any danger, and thus was exposed,
subdued, and brought to justice.
However, I interpreted it in the sense that he didn't literally invade Hyrule, but more like..what Zelda is talking about here:

Quote:
Zelda : Can you see the man with the evil eyes? That is Ganondorf, the
leader of the Gerudos. They hail from the desert far to the west.
Though he swears allegiance to my father, I am sure he is not
sincere.
The dark clouds that covered Hyrule in my dream...
They must symbolize that man!

* - He looks toward the window. Link backs up.

Zelda : What happened? Did he see you? Don't worry. He doesn't have any idea
what we're planning...yet!

........Yes. I told my father about my dream... However, he didn't
believe it was a prophecy
... But...I can sense that man's evil
intentions! What Ganondorf is after must be nothing less than the
Triforce of the Sacred Realm. He must have come to Hyrule to obtain
it! And, he wants to conquer Hyrule...no, the entire world!


Link...now, we are the only ones who can protect Hyrule! Please!
So, yeah. I kind of took it like this. D:
Albeit, after rewatching the cutscene where the sages are talking about Ganondorf, I guess it could be implied that he did do some terrible things . . but those things could be what he did to the Zora, Kokori, and Gorons for the spiritual stones.. ):

Moreover, my main confusion with him actually attacking Hyrule is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aonuma
In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time.
__________________
It was me in the lounge with the knife.
Last Edited by Kingslayer; 10-18-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #130 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Shrug-shrug Shrug-shrug is a male United States Shrug-shrug is offline
Or Something
Join Date: Sep 2010
View Posts: 170
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

I always thought that the AT Triforce cloned itself at the end of OoT, so that there was a total of three Triforces running around: AT Triforce, which had the Courage part split by the leaving of Link to the CT, the Wisdom part split by Daphnes at the Great Flood, and Power kept by Ganon in wherever. AT Triforce Clone, which was brought back to the past versions of it's former bearers and was used in TP and other games where the Triforce was split, and CT Triforce, which was used only in the IW and LTTP.
Reply With Quote
  #131 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Gold Knight Gold Knight is a male United States Gold Knight is offline
Fire Emblem: Skyward Sword
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Earth
View Posts: 495
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrug-shrug View Post
I always thought that the AT Triforce cloned itself at the end of OoT, so that there was a total of three Triforces running around: AT Triforce, which had the Courage part split by the leaving of Link to the CT, the Wisdom part split by Daphnes at the Great Flood, and Power kept by Ganon in wherever. AT Triforce Clone, which was brought back to the past versions of it's former bearers and was used in TP and other games where the Triforce was split, and CT Triforce, which was used only in the IW and LTTP.
There doesn't need to be three Triforces, though. A possible explanation (somewhat fan-ficish but simpler than 3 Triforces) would be that Link took the ToC back in time with him, but that created a paradox in the CT where the Triforce was both split and unified. So, the CT Triforce pieces went to their respective owners, and one of the ToCs snapped back to the AT.
__________________
_____________ALttp/OoX/LA-LoZ/AoL
SS-TMC-FS-OoT<-TWW/PH-ST
_____________MM-TP-FSA
Downfall Timeline--Adult Timeline--Child Timeline

Reply With Quote
  #132 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos-Zero View Post
There is just one contradiction you failed to see. If the security is so beefed up, how could Link manage to make it past the soldiers? After the third stone, Link was under all conditions unable to proceed into the courtyard!
I had already explained several times before that since the player beats the game, Link just simply got past the beefed up security to meet Zelda for the second time. Besides Link is the hero of the game anyway. It is not that far fetched at all that he would be clever enough to get past the guards since the player has already beaten the game anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Reply With Quote
  #133 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Cornelius Fudge Cornelius Fudge is a male United States Cornelius Fudge is offline
Nine Tailed Jinchuuriki
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Termina
View Posts: 3,233
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
I had already explained several times before that since the player beats the game, Link just simply got past the beefed up security to meet Zelda for the second time. Besides Link is the hero of the game anyway. It is not that far fetched at all that he would be clever enough to get past the guards since the player has already beaten the game anyway.

I don't recall that was the 2nd meeting with the CT Zelda. I believe it was his first visit with CT Zelda. We know he doesn't have the Goron Bracelet and that the security is beefed up after getting the third stone, so it's not beefed up. Plus he was sent to where he first met Zelda, so in the CT, he didn't even beat the game.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Average Gamer Average Gamer is offline
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Haunted Wasteland
View Posts: 4,595
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
The guards are probably somewhere beefing up the security to not allow Ganon or his minions back in the castle.
However, as pointed out by Thanatos-Zero, that would prevent Link from getting into the castle. Link's inability to return to the courtyard is even apparent during the course of the game, as guards are stationed in front of the drain after the battle at the castle. Besides, your explanation wouldn't explain why Zelda would be in the courtyard as opposed to a more secure location in the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
I had already explained several times before that since the player beats the game, Link just simply got past the beefed up security to meet Zelda for the second time.
How? The game thoroughly establishes that Link cannot get past the increased security, regardless of how late into the game a player is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Destler
However, I interpreted it in the sense that he didn't literally invade Hyrule, but more like..what Zelda is talking about here
While I can see how you might think that, the text seems to be outright stating that Ganondorf invaded the kingdom. The fact that the execution cutscene also shows Ganondorf atop his horse in a location (Eastern Hyrule Field) might also suggest that he launched an invasion of Hyrule.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintin O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
Last Edited by Average Gamer; 10-18-2010 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #135 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-18-2010, 10:44 PM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer View Post
However, as pointed out by Thanatos-Zero, that would prevent Link from getting into the castle. Link's inability to return to the courtyard is even apparent during the course of the game, as guards are stationed in front of the drain after the battle at the castle. Besides, your explanation wouldn't explain why Zelda would be in the courtyard as opposed to a more secure location in the castle.
But why would Zelda being in a different location even matter. She is already within the safe confines of the castle anyway. Being where she was makes perfect sense if you ask me. If it really mattered where Zelda would have to be according to your flawed logic then I'm sure the devs would have taken that into account. The fact that they did not makes your argument pointless and meaningless.

Like I said, since the player has already beaten the game and literally has no control over Link's action from that point on, the beefed up security or lack thereof is moot since we see him reuniting with Zelda anyway. If your logic on this issue was actually somehow a fact or made any logical sense, then the ending cutscene would have shown Link being kept at bay from where he entered the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link9001 View Post
I don't recall that was the 2nd meeting with the CT Zelda. I believe it was his first visit with CT Zelda. We know he doesn't have the Goron Bracelet and that the security is beefed up after getting the third stone, so it's not beefed up. Plus he was sent to where he first met Zelda, so in the CT, he didn't even beat the game.
The DOT was already opened when Link returned to the Child Timeline at the end of the game. The Goron bracelet is probably nothing more than a plot hole. But I think the different mode of time travel through Zelda playing the ocarina could be the reason why he was not wearing the Goron bracelet at the end since he did not have it on him in the scene in the sky.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Last Edited by Ganonslayer2000; 10-18-2010 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #136 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 AM
Kingslayer Kingslayer is a male United States Kingslayer is offline
i did it
Send a message via AIM to Kingslayer Send a message via Yahoo to Kingslayer Send a message via Skype™ to Kingslayer
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
View Posts: 328
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Ganonslayer2000, you have yet to explain why Zelda was there or respond to any of my points presented..
__________________
It was me in the lounge with the knife.
Reply With Quote
  #137 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2010, 12:23 AM
LegendofLex LegendofLex is a male LegendofLex is offline
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
Join Date: Apr 2004
View Posts: 20,982
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Destler View Post
Ganondorf.
Attacked.
The.
Castle.
Before.
Link.
Pulled.
Out.
The.
Master.
Sword.
Then he and apparently his minions chased Zelda out of the city. We know he followed Link into the Sacred Realm after that, but what if-

1) Link closed the Door of Time after Ganondorf got inside?
2) Ganondorf was never able to get inside the Door of Time, but had obviously already betrayed his true intentions to the whole kingdom?

Certainly the castle would be the safest place in this scenario, since it isn't under a direct threat until Ganondorf gains the Triforce and renews his invasion of Hyrule.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Ganonslayer2000 Ganonslayer2000 is offline
Hylian Warlord
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: On Hyrule Castle's Throne
View Posts: 3,666
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Destler View Post
Ganonslayer2000, you have yet to explain why Zelda was there or respond to any of my points presented..
Because the ending cutscene SHOWS ZELDA BEING THERE.

Now will you please respond in kind using understandable logic why the DOT was already opened without resorting to badly thought out theories of unproven and non existent switches or magic out of nowhere?? Please use sound logic in your posts that does not make you sound like a ten year old making random stuff up like Average Gamer and Thanatos Zero.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
Man, if over 1/3rd of gamers are girl gamers, point em out to me so I can bang em.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhelm View Post
polygamy is legal in Hyrule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaZealot View Post
No! Link will be a pedophile in the child timeline mark ZeldaZealot words!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv View Post
the Hero of Time was, technically, truly retarded.
Reply With Quote
  #139 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Kingslayer Kingslayer is a male United States Kingslayer is offline
i did it
Send a message via AIM to Kingslayer Send a message via Yahoo to Kingslayer Send a message via Skype™ to Kingslayer
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Texas
View Posts: 328
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Gamer
While I can see how you might think that, the text seems to be outright stating that Ganondorf invaded the kingdom. The fact that the execution cutscene also shows Ganondorf atop his horse in a location (Eastern Hyrule Field) might also suggest that he launched an invasion of Hyrule.
I guess that's possible
But wouldn't that count as something big? lol. :p
And, to me, the scene reminded me of Link's nightmare / Zelda's prophecy. It made me think that it was written or made true..? idk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
Then he and apparently his minions chased Zelda out of the city. We know he followed Link into the Sacred Realm after that, but what if-

1) Link closed the Door of Time after Ganondorf got inside?
What would this do? I mean, would Link be stuck in there with him, or what? I don't think he came into there until Link pulled out the sword, but that's just my recollection haha :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex View Post
2) Ganondorf was never able to get inside the Door of Time, but had obviously already betrayed his true intentions to the whole kingdom?

Certainly the castle would be the safest place in this scenario, since it isn't under a direct threat until Ganondorf gains the Triforce and renews his invasion of Hyrule.
While I find this plausible, doesn't Impa imply it all happened in one day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impa
We Sheikah have served the royalty of Hyrule from generation to
generation as attendants. However... On that day seven years ago,
Ganondorf suddenly attacked...and Hyrule Castle surrendered after
a short time.
Ganondorf's target was one of the keys to the Sacred
Realm...the hidden treasure of the Royal Family...The Ocarina of
Time!

My duty bound me to take Zelda out of Ganondorf's reach. When last
I saw you, as we made our escape from the castle, you were just a
lad... Now I see that you have become a fine hero...
Does this not imply that all of this happened before Ganondorf got his piece of the Triforce? XD;

Plus, there's the fact the soldier was dying because he escaped . . so, doesn't that kind of imply that some blood was shed in this, and that some fighting occurred? :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
Because the ending cutscene SHOWS ZELDA BEING THERE.
That's assuming that she came back after Ganondorf took over the castle. I have already shown evidence as to why she could not have come back . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000 View Post
Now will you please respond in kind using understandable logic why the DOT was already opened without resorting to badly thought out theories of unproven and non existent switches or magic out of nowhere?? Please use sound logic in your posts that does not make you sound like a ten year old making random stuff up like Average Gamer and Thanatos Zero.
The only logic, to me, would be that the way Zelda sent him back to the past would be what allowed the door to be open for Link to exit.
After all, it IS, in theory, the key to the door.
I refer, of course, to the Ocarina of Time which opens the Door of Time.
Is it not possible that the powers it possesses along with Zelda's powers of the Triforce, powers as a Sage, her connection with the goddess of time [ see the cutscene in Majora's Mask ] allowed the door to be open for Link? I mean, any one of those could've allowed the door to be open.

To further illustrate Zelda's powers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda
Link, give the Ocarina to me... As a Sage, I can return you to
your original time with it.
I think it's beneficial to have a list.

Reasons for Link returning before he met Zelda
  • The cut scene at the end mirrors the cut scene when Zelda first met Link. Exactly. It's just from a different angle.
  • Zelda is in the Court Yard, which is not possible if Zelda sent him back to before he pulled out the Master Sword, but had the Ocarina of Time/etc (see Impa's dialogue(
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zelda
    Now, go home, Link! Regain your lost time! Home... Where you are supposed to be...the way you are supposed to be...
    It seems to me that she sent him back to before she got him involved.
  • He doesn't have the Goron Bracelet.
  • History would basically repeat itself if she sent him to after he met her / pulled out the Master Sword / etc. Nothing would change; after you got the third spiritual stone, Ganondorf would still take on the castle, no?
  • If Link is sent back to a point after the Spiritual Stone quest, wouldn't Ganondorf/his minions know of him? That's not much of a peaceful childhood..
  • If it was right before Link pulled out the Master Sword, why would he not be ambushed by Ganondorf upon exit? Ganondorf stalked him into the ToT, remember? That's how he knew to go in.
  • Ganondorf is seemingly unaware of the fact that he has the Triforce of Power - otherwise, how would he have been subdued to begin with?
  • For Ganondorf to have touched the Triforce, causing it to split, would negate the whole "divine prank". How would they not know he had received it?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zelda
    You are already leaving this land
    of Hyrule, aren't you?

    Even though it was only a short
    time, I feel like I've known you
    forever.

    I'll never forget the days we
    spent together in Hyrule...
    This implies that Link and Zelda only knew each other briefly ; they knew each other more than a few days otherwise.. :p
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aonuma
    In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time.

Reasons for Link returning after he met Zelda/etc.
  • The Door of Time.
    However, like I said, it's possible that magic intervened.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zelda
    Now it is time for me to make up for my mistakes... You must lay the Master Sword to rest and close the Door of Time... However, by doing this, the road between times will be closed..
    Zelda says you go back in time by putting the Master Sword to rest..and you have to close the Door of Time.
    However, Zelda changes her mind, obviously, because the way she sends you back is by playing Zelda's Lullaby on the Ocarina. Link is sent back, and takes the sacred stones out..? No way. Ganondorf was there; that wouldn't happen.
  • Link has the Hylian Shield.
    You CAN obtain this before you meet Zelda, though, can't you? I might be wrong on this
  • Why would the King believe Link and Zelda?
    Well, how else does Aonuma's quote make sense? ?_?
  • Link left the Gorons/Zora predicaments go?
    Well, to me, it seems a way that Zelda and Link convinced the King of Hyrule was by showing him what Ganondorf did to them [the Zora & Goron]. Both of the important people in the race attest to this. Or, you know, he could've helped them and not received the stones as rewards. :p
  • Zelda's prophecy included a fairy
    Link can talk, you know. He probably told her about the fairy. Considering he had the Kokori emerald, that's almost proof enough :p

I don't know if I've covered all points here. If there are more, post them.
__________________
It was me in the lounge with the knife.
Last Edited by Kingslayer; 10-21-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: updated~ Reply With Quote
  #140 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Average Gamer Average Gamer is offline
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Haunted Wasteland
View Posts: 4,595
Re: For those who don't understand the OoT Child Ending.

@ Erik Destler: That's a good list so far, but you might want to look over some of my posts in response to Lex in this thread. You could add the points in those posts to your list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
But why would Zelda being in a different location even matter.
Because if Zelda was still alone in the courtyard, she would be in a terrible situation if Ganon's minions overwhelmed the guards, not to mention that the courtyard is open to the sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
If it really mattered where Zelda would have to be according to your flawed logic then I'm sure the devs would have taken that into account.
How is my logic flawed? The game firmly establishes that Link cannot get past Hyrule Castle's increased security and Zelda only peered through the window to spy on Ganondorf. Leaving Zelda alone in the courtyard after the attack would be a risky move even if more guards were active in the castle to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
Like I said, since the player has already beaten the game and literally has no control over Link's action from that point on, the beefed up security or lack thereof is moot since we see him reuniting with Zelda anyway.
Link getting caught isn't tied to us controlling him. There is no way he can feasibly avoid getting caught by the upgraded security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
If your logic on this issue was actually somehow a fact or made any logical sense, then the ending cutscene would have shown Link being kept at bay from where he entered the castle.
Again, my stance is that Link was sent back to before he ever met Zelda, which would also be before the security around the castle was improved. Thus, Link would have a way to actually access the courtyard.

How is my argument illogical anyway? We can clearly see that Link has no way to get past the upgraded security at Hyrule Castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganonslayer2000
The DOT was already opened when Link returned to the Child Timeline at the end of the game.
Again, the camera fades into a scene in progress; the Door of Time could have easily opened beforehand. The door opening can also be supported by how other special passages work in the series. Additionally, if the Door of Time could only open from one side, even a measly miniblin could just take one of the Spiritual Stones while a hero was drawing the Master Sword and thus doom Hyrule for all eternity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex
Certainly the castle would be the safest place in this scenario, since it isn't under a direct threat until Ganondorf gains the Triforce and renews his invasion of Hyrule.
Again, Ganondorf can attack the castle at any time with or without the ToP, and his forces would arguably be between Zelda and Castle Town to boot. The game also establishes that Link cannot get past Hyrule Castle's upgraded security, and the ending gives us no reason to believe that days, weeks, or months have passed between Link exiting the Temple of Time and meeting Zelda.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintin O Brien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
Last Edited by Average Gamer; 10-19-2010 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -