Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 05:13 AM
Deku Scrub
View Posts: 20
I Was Thinking

Don't bash me too hard because I've only recently started getting into theorizing and whatnot. I've read a lot on here which is why I finally got an account.

Anyways this is just a thought perhaps you guys can help prove or disprove it, whichever, but is it possible that Jabu Jabu is the Wind Fish? I couldn't dig up any old threads if this has been discussed and I'm sure it has. My reasoning behind this is the Wind Fish's nightmare which includes Agahnim, Ganon, and the last form who resembles Vaati (and I know that is only speculation), but is it possible that the reason he is having a nightmare about them is because he's seen them before? Is this why they are nightmares, because they're scary or bad, something that ya know, would cause you to have nightmares? Of course the Windfish could not be Jabu Jabu and still have seen Agahnim, Ganon, and Vaati, but if you place TMC first in the timeline as I do then that would have to make the Windfish old enough to have seen Vaati however long ago TMC happened which would have been before OoT making it possible for him to be Jabu Jabu. Then of course their could be a future game lined up (like the new Zelda for Wii) that could include Vaati thus the Windfish seeing him there. And of course Dethl could not be Vaati at all, I just personally believe it is.

I know people say that Dethl could also be just a recycled one eyed monster, but here is why I don't think so.

Vaati's Wrath looks like this
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda10/...atisWrath1.gif

And Dethl looks like this
http://www.zeldawiki.org/images/5/5e...28Dethl%29.gif

The way the arms are circled as they are just looks too similar although they could have just based Vaati's design off of Dethl.

Another idea I had was while the nightmare as a whole is the final boss, why would it's final form just be a random one eyed monster? I mean it could be, but personally I believe it's Vaati. Perhaps somewhere along the timeline before the events of LA Vaati does something that makes him a lot more of a threat or something to fear than before.

Anyways yeah that's just a thought although I guess it really doesn't affect anything haha, feel free to help out and prove or disprove me guys I'm open minded.

EDIT: I know that Dethl is the name of the final boss/nightmare, but if you see me referring to Dethl I'm talking about his final form not the whole boss.

The Wind Fish's wings are rather small as pictured here.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...dFishWings.jpg

The things on Jabu's back could be fins or something I guess, or perhaps they're small wings?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../JabuWings.jpg
Last Edited by Fingerbang; 06-13-2010 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Laugh it up Fuzzball!!
View Posts: 231
Re: I Was Thinking

Lets see....
Thw Wind fish is the god of dreams
Lord jabu-jabu acts as the zoras deity
Both are regarded as god-like
There is a decent chance i guess...

Nightmare im not sure, how could the wind fish have known about Agahnim or Ganon?
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 07:19 AM
You must be interested in me.
Send a message via AIM to Bingo
Steam ID: Bingo675
View Posts: 3,856

The problem I've always had with this is that the Windfish and Jabu Jabu/Jabun look nothing alike. While the Windfish has a striking resemblance to a humpback whale with wings, Jabu Jabu is a fish that almost looks dog-like. While they're both highly regarded creatures of the sea, I fail to see the connection in that regard. Otherwise, I honestly see no problem with them being the same, although a tad unlikely.

And in the scenario that they are the same, how do you figure that the forms of the final boss could not exist? It was feeding from Link's memory, if I recall correctly, and we're made to believe it was the same Link from ALttP. If Jabu Jabu and Jabun are one and the same, it gives more than enough reason to believe that he can survive a great amount of time.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Cayenne Pepper Cayenne Pepper is a female United States Cayenne Pepper is offline
en de'ez ia! "Murica
View Posts: 4,250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo675 View Post
And in the scenario that they are the same, how do you figure that the forms of the final boss could not exist? It was feeding from Link's memory, if I recall correctly, and we're made to believe it was the same Link from ALttP. If Jabu Jabu and Jabun are one and the same, it gives more than enough reason to believe that he can survive a great amount of time.
It's likely that they are. I mean, Jabun was around preflood. Jabu Jabu is a deity, and as such, they tend to have long life spans.

I think that they are. I think that the name is proof enough.

3DS FC
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Deku Scrub

Hmm, I was under the impression the nightmare was the Windfish's...bad dream you could say, not Link's.

The reason he had a bad dream which included Agahnim, Vaati, and Ganon is because he's seen them all, he's lived through it which would place LA near the end of the timeline.

And in regards to the Windfish and Jabu Jabu not looking alike, the same could be said for Jabu Jabu and Jabun, they look nothing alike either.

I place LA in the Child Timeline, perhaps in the Child Timeline Jabu Jabu moves out of Zora's Domain. If he is a deity then why should he stay cooped up in Zora's Domain forever?

EDIT: I forgot to mention Jabu Jabu appears in Oracle of Ages as well. This could suggest his long life span.
Last Edited by Fingerbang; 06-13-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilit_Hylian View Post
It's likely that they are. I mean, Jabun was around preflood. Jabu Jabu is a deity, and as such, they tend to have long life spans.

I think that they are. I think that the name is proof enough.
I think they are too, but given no real proof, it's hard to just claim they are. Jabun could be his child, for all we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerbang View Post
Hmm, I was under the impression the nightmare was the Windfish's...bad dream you could say, not Link's.

The reason he had a bad dream which included Agahnim, Vaati, and Ganon is because he's seen them all, he's lived through it which would place LA near the end of the timeline.
I thought it was affected by Link, but I could be wrong. Either way, it's more than likely that LA takes place after ALttP anyway, and I do have it at the end of the timeline, so I'm fine with this.

Quote:
And in regards to the Windfish and Jabu Jabu not looking alike, the same could be said for Jabu Jabu and Jabun, they look nothing alike either.
No, they do. The only real differences are that Jabun is a darker shade than Jaby Jabu (which could easily be attributed to the fact that he had been underwater far more than Jabu Jabu, while Jabu Jabu was more "dry"), and the arm holding the lantern, which is a little hard to explain, admittedly.

Quote:
I place LA in the Child Timeline, perhaps in the Child Timeline Jabu Jabu moves out of Zora's Domain. If he is a deity then why should he stay cooped up in Zora's Domain forever?
Well, I'm pretty sure we know he didn't, as he isn't present in TP.

Quote:
EDIT: I forgot to mention Jabu Jabu appears in Oracle of Ages as well. This could suggest his long life span.
This is true, however that's a weak argument, given that OoX tended to recycle characters so much.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
I think they are too, but given no real proof, it's hard to just claim they are. Jabun could be his child, for all we know.

I thought it was affected by Link, but I could be wrong. Either way, it's more than likely that LA takes place after ALttP anyway, and I do have it at the end of the timeline, so I'm fine with this.

No, they do. The only real differences are that Jabun is a darker shade than Jaby Jabu (which could easily be attributed to the fact that he had been underwater far more than Jabu Jabu, while Jabu Jabu was more "dry"), and the arm holding the lantern, which is a little hard to explain, admittedly.

Well, I'm pretty sure we know he didn't, as he isn't present in TP.

This is true, however that's a weak argument, given that OoX tended to recycle characters so much.
Interesting, fair argument like I said I'm open minded and something I suppose we'll all just have to wait for. Personally I want to know more about Vaati so I'm hoping the new Zelda features him as the baddie.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Interesting, fair argument like I said I'm open minded and something I suppose we'll all just have to wait for.
That's refreshing to have a theorist like you. Unlike some of us ( not mentioning any names, SVB).

Quote:
Personally I want to know more about Vaati so I'm hoping the new Zelda features him as the baddie.
Unless Capcom had some involvement with it, which they may have, having no real knowledge about the title yet, I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Deku Scrub

Quote:
That's refreshing to have a theorist like you. Unlike some of us ( not mentioning any names, SVB).

Unless Capcom had some involvement with it, which they may have, having no real knowledge about the title yet, I wouldn't keep my fingers crossed.
Thank you and you're right about that.

I've been reading a bit and I could see Jabu-Jabu being either the Windfish or Jabun though I personally think he resembles the Wind Fish more than Jabun, the fact that Jabun speaks Hylian gives a clue that he could be very old and possibly Jabu-Jabu.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
I've been reading a bit and I could see Jabu-Jabu being either the Windfish or Jabun though I personally think he resembles the Wind Fish more than Jabun
I must disagree. Jabun and Jabu Jabu look far more alike.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Theorist of two sides
View Posts: 8,038

^And share the same purpose too.

The Wind fish looks more like the Ocean King, to me.

Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnorv
You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecove View Post
^And share the same purpose too.

The Wind fish looks more like the Ocean King, to me.
I completely agree. Both the OK and the WF look far more whale-like than either Jabu Jabu or Jabun. For reference:

See? Whales.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 03:58 PM
Light Spirit
View Posts: 9,390

I always thought it was:

Ocean King=Wind Fish(come on it's obvious)
Jabu-Jabu=reincarnated as Jabun(he seems to die in OOT as he dissappears in the Adult portion and there's really no conceivable way he could have left the fountain.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Cayenne Pepper Cayenne Pepper is a female United States Cayenne Pepper is offline
en de'ez ia! "Murica

Quote:
Thank you and you're right about that.

I've been reading a bit and I could see Jabu-Jabu being either the Windfish or Jabun though I personally think he resembles the Wind Fish more than Jabun, the fact that Jabun speaks Hylian gives a clue that he could be very old and possibly Jabu-Jabu.
You are correct, he speaks old Hylian, which is proof he lived before the flood.

The GDT speaks of a time long past saying that WW Link's clothes remind him of the Kokiri clothing, so to speak. Meaning the GDT saw Kokiri before they evolved.

So going by this it is safe to say that both GDT and Jabun are at least 100 years old, and that equates somewhere in the timeframe [or at least most of it] from OoT [AT] to WW. So it is kinda of likely that they are both Jabu Jabu and the GDS.

3DS FC
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostya Razruchityel View Post
and there's really no conceivable way he could have left the fountain.
He does appear to have wings on his back, don't rule that out.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 04:15 PM
en de'ez ia! "Murica

Quote:
He does appear to have wings on his back, don't rule that out.
That, and he's magic.

3DS FC
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilit_Hylian View Post
That, and he's magic.
Also true, haha. Point is that he would have the means to escape.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Hyrule defend itself? HAHAHAHA!
View Posts: 4,595

I always thought that the Wind Fish wasn't properly born until the end of LA, hence the egg. I personally don't think he's Jabu-Jabu/Jabun or Ocean King, though I guess one could argue for reincarnation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcvalons
Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.
Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Deku Scrub

Interesting I definitely appreciate you guys. Now then, that aside could anyone explain to me how exactly the Nightmare is Link's Nightmare and not the Windfish's because I was always under the impression it was the Windfish's and the Nightmare was just that, a Nightmare about the bad things he had seen.

EDIT: If the Ocean King and Windfish are the same, how do they exist in different timelines? That is if you put LA in the child timeline, and obviously PH falls after WW.

Also in WW Jabun says, "If you have sought me out...it must mean you have found the Hero of Time, does it not?"

Could he be saying this because he is Jabu-Jabu and remembers the Hero of Time?
Last Edited by Fingerbang; 06-13-2010 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Laugh it up Fuzzball!!
View Posts: 231

Quote:
If the Ocean King and Windfish are the same, how do they exist in different timelines? That is if you put LA in the child timeline, and obviously PH falls after WW.
The wind fish/ocean king could have existed before OoT i guess. After OoT, there must have neen one wind fish/ocean king for oth timeline.