Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
A Fierce Theorist
View Posts: 399
Bongo, Bongo theory on being the first shadow beast and...

I believe that Bongo Bongo the phantom shadow beast from Oot in the shadow temple, is the very first shadow beast, and possibly one of the ancestors of the twili.

First lets get to Bongo, Bongo's possible origin, read this quote.

[QUOTE]A long time ago, a man in this very village hand an eye they said could see the truth. Now usually you have to train your mind's eye most strenously to actually see the truth. But this fella, no they said he had a differrent way of doing things, his house stood where the well is now.[/QUOTE]

And this is very interesting, because it is a proven fact that before OoT starts. Events were already happening. Take note for instance, Ganondorf had plagued the three guardians of the three spiritual stones, before OoT started gameplay wise. Well I believe that a long time before that that event happened, back to when the sheikahs were alive and living in Kakariko village. Bongo Bongo could have originally been a sheikah, whose house was the well of three features. And it is possible that he created the Lens of Truth. Due to the fact that they are founded in the bottom of the well where he had lived , and Bongo Bongo's eye resembles the lens of truth.

Then now he was executed for some apparent reason, by having his head and hands cut off and his execution could have taken place in the Shadow temple, due to all of the torture devices it has. Now this is where it gets tricky. How did this man become Bongo Bongo? Well since he was executed the most likely explanation is that he transformed from the darkness.

It sounds crazy, but here are some examples to clear things up. The shadow temple is infected with undead minons, but the best example out of all would have to be the Dead Hand, read this quote about the shadow temple.

Quote:
Shadow Temple, here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred.

So this really does indicate that the ST was like a prison, in way similar to the Arbiter's Grounds. In which the people were executed and were transformed by the darkness within the temple. So therefore, this Sheikah did something truly terrible by either being manipulate by greed or for someone reason hated the sheikahs and started killing them.

Now this is where it's going to get a bit confusing, but try to bear with me. Bongo Bongo was long sealed away inside of the Shadow Temple before he was sealed in the well. And as proof in this picture, there are many torches a nd markings on the ground and there is a gate preventing access to the temple, all in which had to do with the sealing.

Also the seal remains intact when you are young Link. Then at some point during this time the interlopers came and invaded Hyrule to claim dominion over the Sacred Realm and the Triforce, and it is possible that the interlopers broke the seal of the temple releasing Bongo Bongo from his prison and he fought alongside with them, when the interloper war happened. While the Sheikahs nearly became extinct in the war. Take note the Hyrulean Civil War could have been where the interloper war took place as well

Ocarina of Time begins at a time when very few members of the Sheikah tribe remain, though it is implied that they were nearly wiped out defending the Royal Family of Hyrule during the Hyrulean Civil War.[

It is possible that the war may have been fought over the Triforce and the entrance to the Sacred Realm. The conflicts described in the opening of A Link to the Past seem to also describe the war that broke out before Ocarina of Time.

The Triforce granted the wishes of those who touched it, and granted the one who touched it nearly limitless power. However, the goddesses wished to keep the power out of evil, and so if the one who touched the Triforce was unrighteous, the Triforce would split into three, leaving the one who touched it with the piece representing the force the one believed in most. The other two parts would be given to those destined, these two bearing the mark of the Triforce on their hands.[2]
The legend spread across Hyrule, causing a great war over the location of the Sacred Realm.[3] During this war, the tribe skilled in dark magic known only as the Dark Interlopers attempted to establish dominion over the Sacred Realm and establish their power using the Fused Shadow.

So after the war came to a conclusion, the sheikahs were nearly extinct, and three of the interlopers had invaded the SR. While Bongo Bongo was proabably resealed back into the Shadow Temple by Impa during that time.

Now let me prove my point. Bongo Bongo was know as Phantom Shadow Beast, and the dark creatures from TP was called Shadow Beasts, the only difference in this is the word phantom for Bongo, Bongo and this word phantom indicated that he could turn invisible saying that he was a more developed shadow beast.

Also if you look closely on the shadow beast's mask , it has an eye on it, similar to Bongo, Bongo's eye.

Another thing is that if you look closely to the side of the neck of a shadow beast you'll realize that they have no head or face, just a mask with an eye in the center covering the head area. Bongo, Bongo did not have a head or a face just a long stump like neck with an eye attached to it.

Also they're are two hands that can be found in the twilight realm that Midna refers to as the guardian deity's of her world. These hands are either Bongo, Bongo's hands or a refrence to his hands.

Now as I had just said Midna referred to those hands as deity's. And this makes sense beacuse the interlopers could have worshipped Bongo Bongo as some sort of shadow god, to his ability to turn invisible and only having his hands visible. Also Midna's ponytail transforms into a hand which looks similar to to the two guardian deity's hands which are a reference to Bongo Bongo's hands.

"The Shadow will yield only to the one who has the Lens of Truth handed down in Kakariko."
Last Edited by Oni Link 303; 04-14-2010 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Mexicuter
View Posts: 5,639
Re: Bongo, Bongo theory on being the first shadow beast and...

The twilli monsters are made by ganondorf's magic(he gain incredible powers with the ToP).

Quote:
ZANT:
How dare you?! Are you implying that my power is...our old magic?
Now THAT is a joke!
This power is granted to me by my god! It is the magic of the King of Twilight,
and you WILL respect it!
Quote:
ZANT:
Midna... Foolish Twilight Princess... The curse on you cannot be broken...
It was placed on you by the magic of my god.
Quote:
GANONDORF:
Your people have long amused me, Midna. To defy the gods with such petty magic,
only to be cast aside... How very pathetic.
Pathetic as they were, though, they served me well. Their anguish was my
nourishment.Their hatred bled across the void and awakened me. I drew deep of it and grew
strong again.
Your people had some skill, to be sure...but they lacked true power.
The kind of absolute power that those chosen by the gods wield.
The twilli monsters are cursed twilli creatures by ganondorf+ToP magic.

This theory is false.Sorry.

The original owner of the lens of truth was a sheikah and bongo gongo was just a evil shadow spirit that impa sealed away in the bottom of the well..

Few things satisfy like a puzzle solved!
Last Edited by Smallville Boy 69; 04-14-2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-14-2010, 09:16 PM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

Midna never refers to those hands in any way. She speaks highly of the Sols, the glowing balls which they hold onto, but the hands were strictly Zant keeping the restorative power of the Sols away from his Shadow Beasts.

And Shadow Beasts do have heads. Given how much of the Shadow Beast's visible body is just Ganon/Zant's magic (as shown when you cure them), the head is, in all likelihood, what you perceive as the neck.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-15-2010, 11:19 AM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni Link 404 View Post
I believe that Bongo Bongo the phantom shadow beast from Oot in the shadow temple, is the very first shadow beast, and possibly one of the ancestors of the twili.
The twili already existed, already in the twilight realm, by the time of OOT.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-15-2010, 11:31 AM
TheGhostOfMandrag TheGhostOfMandrag is a male United States TheGhostOfMandrag is offline
Powerless to Resist
View Posts: 8,872

^ But who knows how old Bongo Bongo is?
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrag View Post
^ But who knows how old Bongo Bongo is?
fair enough. However, I disagree with this theory.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2010, 08:11 PM
Dawn of a New Day
View Posts: 122

It's an interesting theory, but I'm going to have to say it's false.
As smallville boy already stated, the Shadow Beasts are the cursed Twili.
It even says so in-game.

Quote:
Originally said by Midna
"Wait! This guy isn't an enemy, Link. They might look different, but they're inhabitants of this world. They're my people. Zant...how could he..."
This proves that Zant used his God's magic (Ganondorf's magic) to turn the inhabitants of the Twilight Realm into Shadow Beasts.
This might also lead up to the fact that there are so few of them in the Twilight Realm, because at every warp point in the game you had fought and killed Shadow Beasts.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Twili
View Posts: 438

How does the fact that the Shadow Beasts were made by Ganon's magic disprove the theory? We know Bongo Bongo was in Hyrule, where he could be accessed by Ganon's magic (and magic "like" it).

I thought Midna actually DID refer to those hands as guardians of the Sols (though not as deities).

It's an interesting theory. Something to chew on for sure.

Before life began, before the world had form, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaotic land of Hyrule. They were Din, the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, the Goddess of Courage.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2010, 10:16 PM
Mexicuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiante View Post
How does the fact that the Shadow Beasts were made by Ganon's magic disprove the theory? We know Bongo Bongo was in Hyrule, where he could be accessed by Ganon's magic (and magic "like" it).
Impa had sealed the evil shadow spirit "bongo-bongo" before ganondorf obtain the ToP.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Twili
View Posts: 438

^And Volvagia was dead before he got the ToP, but it didn't stop him from working his magic on it. He doesn't seem to necessarily need a physical presence somewhere to perform his magic. Necessarily. Of course, he's off-camera most of the time.

Before life began, before the world had form, three golden goddesses descended upon the chaotic land of Hyrule. They were Din, the Goddess of Power, Nayru, the Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore, the Goddess of Courage.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Mexicuter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiante View Post
^And Volvagia was dead before he got the ToP, but it didn't stop him from working his magic on it. He doesn't seem to necessarily need a physical presence somewhere to perform his magic. Necessarily. Of course, he's off-camera most of the time.
Ganondorf revive volvagia after he obtained the ToP.
Ganondorf's evil magic don't turn bongo-bongo in a evil shadow spirit, he was a evil shadow spirit before ganondorf obtain the ToP.