Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM
リバゾラ : I'm just gonna go away and do... fish stuff.
View Posts: 3,427
Re: The Demon King in Spirit Tracks

Too soon to jump, but with my (extremely limited GCSE level) knowledge of Spanish the 'Demon = Mallard' is the most sensible conclusion thus far. I'd prefer it were Ganon, but it seems more likely it's this Mallard fellow. Of course it could just mean 'Train', like us calling the Time Machine in BttF 'DeLorean' when that's the brand name of that type of car rather than the specific time-machine, but at any rate- as you say- it's too early to jump.

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

I agree; it's most likely just looking at the Spanish that that's his name.

My doubts are cast only by the other language versions...
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM

I added the Mallard question to the UK Official Magazine questions board, so maybe it'll be answered in the coming week!

Webcomic: 72 Hours Remain//First Place Z.U. Awards Best Zelda Fanfiction Summer '09//First Place Hombre's Theorising Contest 2010
Second Place Lupus: Design a Boss 2009/10//Bomber's Articles: The Secret Identity of Dark Link//Race to the Timeline
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Fabulous
Send a message via AIM to LegendofLex
View Posts: 20,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Zora View Post
I added the Mallard question to the UK Official Magazine questions board, so maybe it'll be answered in the coming week!
Or not until the game comes out. That would be hilarious.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 PM

They've been secretive enough! Sure some people are desperately trying to avoid spoilers, but I've never been one of those types- I've been desperately seeking them out!

*Waits patiently*

#46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
View Posts: 562

I hope it's Ganon, and he turns out to be a duck-train-pig hybrid.

Yeah, I know I said earlier that I want a new nemesis, but I just can't resist the Dorf Express.
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 04:20 PM
Twilit Mask of Time Twilit Mask of Time is a male United States Twilit Mask of Time is offline
Spirit of Seasons
View Posts: 1,505

i want it to be ganon, it would solve SOOOO many continuity problems with the AT right now. (plz don't be a duck, please don't be a duck, please don't be a duck)
  #48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre de Loco Motivo View Post
Made a newspost about this. Thanks for your research
credits goes to SVB.
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,424

I think that either it's Ganon (from the bottom of the Great Sea, or reincarnated), or somebody completely new.
No Majora, no Vaati, nope.
Though it's probably somebody new. Think about it, PH had Bellum, which was just a generic squid thing with too many eyes, so wouldn't it make sense for ST to have an original villain too?
Just because it's "The Demon King" doesn't mean it's something epic like Ganon. Bellum was described as the manifestation of evil, and with the ability to suck out souls, and then it turns out it was just a stupid squid.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Guardian Dragon
Send a message via Skype™ to Fitoleon
Steam ID: lolsteam :P
View Posts: 2,237

Alright, after doing a little snooping on the ZI forums, it turns out that we now have a better translation of the little plot summary that I Google Translated earlier. All credit for translating this goes to viciouskillersquirrel of ZI.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viciouskillersquirrel
This is my own translation. I tried to make it flow and everything, so it's not going to be word-for-word (and at any rate, you shouldn't transliterate an NoE translation like that - you'll get all sorts of kooky things happening)

Page 1:

In ancient times, the people were guided by the spirits and peace reigned all over.

There was a terrible war and the cursed king of the demons raised himself up in power, leaving a trail of destruction in his wake.

After taking severe losses, the spirits captured the demonic king and imprisoned him in a dark kingdom, a prisoner in a tower surrounded by metallic chains over all the earth.

Many years of peace and prosperity passed... until now. The chains are disappearing and the darkness is returning once more...

Page 2:

It is morning and a young apprentice prepares to attend the ceremony to award the title of engineer that will be held in Hyrule's castle.

During the ceremony, the charming Princess Zelda takes him aside and shares with him a secret: the sacred tracks are disappearing! The Princess asks Link to help her escape the castle and that he take her to the Tower of the Gods so that she can meet with Radiel, the ancient sage.

The brave pair manage to reach Link's train, but en route, they are ambushed by brigands who attack Zelda and take her body. Luckily, her spirit manages to escape and accompanies Link to the tower, where Radiel tells them the terrible truth: Mallard is about to escape from his prison and will soon return to the surface.

will Link be able to restore the sacred tracks to prevent this from hapening? Can he return Zelda's spirit to its body? Only time and true courage will tell.

EDIT: Radiel seems to be a pun on the Latin "radius"
It doesn't make that much of a difference, as his name is still Mallard, but, you know, take this as you will.
Last Edited by Fitoleon; 11-10-2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-10-2009, 12:34 AM
♫ It's the end of the world as we know it! ♫
View Posts: 9,440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitoleon View Post
It doesn't make that much of a difference, as his name is still Mallard, but, you know, take this as you will.
Mallard, like, the duck? Haha, I'm just imagining a giant evil duck now. xD
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-10-2009, 05:40 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 36

So is a NES Zapper going to the light arrows equivalent in this game?
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Fabulous
View Posts: 1,893

I don't like this. I was hoping after Phantom Hourglass it would no longer be an "ancient evil" that needs to be dealt with. We've had a lot of ancient evils in Zelda and Wind Waker was supposed to give rise to a new begining. I was hoping for a plot more along the lines of "we don't know what this is, we must find a way to stop it." Not "oh it's the ancient X of Y we need to follow the instructions laid down by prophosy #203 and collect Z to destroy it," like every other Zelda game.
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Link the Titan Link the Titan is a male United States Link the Titan is offline
The light shines brightest in the dark
View Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitoleon View Post
Alright, after doing a little snooping on the ZI forums, it turns out that we now have a better translation of the little plot summary that I Google Translated earlier. All credit for translating this goes to viciouskillersquirrel of ZI.

Ya know, that translation doesn't say anything about a new hyrule. I'm just saying. Still, I can handle it if there is a new hyrule in this game.

I still think that the Demon King is none other than Majora, who I believe to be the God of Darkness. But I won't be dissapointed if it is not when I play the game. Cause I still have other theories.
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2009, 10:52 AM

IT'S NOT MAJORA.

I would love it to be, but it's not. It's 'Mallard'. We've seen nothing that looks anything like Majora in any ST media.

#56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,800

I think it would be really lame for Majora to make a come-back. I think Majora's Mask was a brilliant and unique game, and it should stay that way. And Vaati is really not a very serious villain, compared to Ganon. Demon King would hardly suit him. It would be cool to have a completely new Demonic force or something, but really, who else could it be? If there was an ancient demon king running around, don't u think it would have been mentioned before and not just come out of the blue? Its probably going to be Ganon somehow... even though I think it would ruin WW... Though, we haven't seen Ganon on a heandheld in a LONG time, I would actually like to see him, just not so much in this instance...
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Triforce of the Gods Triforce of the Gods is a male United States Triforce of the Gods is offline
OBJECTION!
Send a message via AIM to Triforce of the Gods Send a message via Skype™ to Triforce of the Gods
Steam ID: triforceofthegods Wii U ID: TriforceoftheGod 3DS ID: 2921-9263-7348

View Posts: 9,157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link the Titan View Post
Ya know, that translation doesn't say anything about a new hyrule. I'm just saying. Still, I can handle it if there is a new hyrule in this game.
Wut

It was confirmed multiple times that ST takes place after PH and it was stated that the land is Hyrule.

Learn to put 2 and 2 together people. AND DON'T SAY IT DE-FLOODED. That is a complete **** you to TWW's ending.
Last Edited by Triforce of the Gods; 11-11-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Fighter of the Nightman.
View Posts: 8,892

It is a new Hyrule, this has been confirmed there really is no debate on the subject.
Last Edited by Dayman; 11-11-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Link the Titan Link the Titan is a male United States Link the Titan is offline
The light shines brightest in the dark
View Posts: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Old Man View Post
It is a new Hyrule, this has been confirmed there really is no debate on the subject.

Eh, whatever.

I still have theories about Hyrule's future.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-11-2009, 04:23 PM

Theories that are wrong, it would seem.

LYRLY.

Tags
demon, king, spirit, tracks