Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-29-2006, 08:09 PM
wizzzaarrrd!
Send a message via AIM to Gracie
View Posts: 3,630
Re: Gracie's Inner Workings

If you're up to it, that'd be delightful.

"Maybe it's the sum of a million coincidences we don't quite control that brings us to a particular place
at a particular time, or maybe it's the choices we make, the actions we take. If there's one thing I've learned in 85 years, it's
that what we want doesn't always matter. But then again, sometimes it's all that does." - Mick St. John

#22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Play your flute and dance and sing your song.
Send a message via AIM to southern belle Send a message via Skype™ to southern belle
View Posts: 6,032

Your poetry is beautiful, Gracie. Last One Left was one I liked a lot. I liked it's message (or at least the message I got from it... ^^; ); we're all going to leave this world someday, so make the best of what you have right now, and be happy.

Photographic was another one I really loved. It had an excellent narrative quality to it, and I could nearly see the images you described unfolding before me; a little girl watching an old man with wide eyes as he tells her all these things he remember, until he comes to that final memory, and finds it incomplete. An excellent piece.

Hook Me, Society - Well, I got a bit of a different feeling from this one than LEA (though after I reread it after her comment, that view certainly made sense - perhaps more than my original one). When I read it, I felt it was more about the personal issues of the narrator than about the issues of society as a whole. Everywhere you go, people are questioning you, wanting to hear more about this or that in your life, and you just want to be left alone and able to revel in the moment. Yet another excellent piece from you, Gracie. ^_^

Some of my other favorites, In a Snap of the Fingers, In a Glass, Monster, and Simplicity.
...Aw heck, I loved 'em all. *buries Gracie in brownies* An excellent collection you have here.

Panique made the sig, chibis by Andrea. The squee-inducing avy is by DQ. <3
BA Characters: Sarah Hamilton, Bella, Luna
Last Edited by southern belle; 11-30-2006 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Knight of Skyloft
Send a message via AIM to spruce58052
View Posts: 834

Think, Dream Believe: I loved it. The words express the theme flawlessly. The words flow from each little title to the next very well, making it easy to read. I like the ending. I think this one is perfect.
Motive: Another favorite of mine. The idea really speaks to me. I am always annoyed when people don't know why they do anything. The writing is short to the point. Good job on this one.
Photographic: The story this one tells is moving. It shows reality more than your others. I ended up feeling for both characters, to the point I hardly noticed the writing itself. Which was superb.

I really like all of your poetry, not just those that I have mentioned. They all seem to find a way to make you think. A very good quality. I hope to read more.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-30-2006, 07:23 PM
wizzzaarrrd!
Send a message via AIM to Gracie
View Posts: 3,630

Thank you so much for the comments, everyone.

belle, I think you were closer to the meaning I intended for Hook Me, Society to be about. Someone I loved very dearly left me, and people keep asking about it, sticking their hooks in me. And I just need to heal.

"Maybe it's the sum of a million coincidences we don't quite control that brings us to a particular place
at a particular time, or maybe it's the choices we make, the actions we take. If there's one thing I've learned in 85 years, it's
that what we want doesn't always matter. But then again, sometimes it's all that does." - Mick St. John

#25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Andrea: Once daily tablet may prevent Apocalypse.
Send a message via AIM to Andeh Send a message via Skype™ to Andeh
View Posts: 1,395

Hook Me, Society. Ah yes, one of my favorites, and not only because of the way it's written, but also the reason.

You need to write some more, mkay? *Pokes*

Tags
gracie, workings