Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Yin Key Bearer
Send a message via AIM to Zorolo
View Posts: 9,594
Re: Chinatown Rush (Anyone and everyone)

Zorlo smiled as he looked at where his arm had once been. It almost hurt, but at the same time it didn't matter. However, the fencer wasn't about to let Johnny walk away from this battle completely intact. The fencer vanished and, before Johnny could even guess what had happened, a hand, an entire arm, ripped through his chest. Blood dripped down the fencer's hand, and as the hand came out, a blood curdling rip followed. The fencer had made sure to entire sever Johnny's spine, going so far as to expose it out his back.

"And do you know why I dislike your opinion? You have no idea what you're talking about," the fencer stated as he drove his fist down on Johnny's head, crushing the dead man's skull cleanly into his shoulders. "Don't you think I'd know what you're talking about? I know all too well the evils committed in the name of justice, and I'm not proud of the people that have died here, but you also lack the understanding that what happened wasn't simply by my hand," the fencer stated as he jerked quickly, one of Johnny's arms popping of like that from a doll.

"Your foolish mind simplifies everything," the green haired man stated tonelessly as Johnny's other arm followed. "Anyway, wasn't it your God that said an eye for an eye? Was it not he that has been used as the reason for countless wars and more death then any other cause in history?" The bloody mass that had once been Johnny fell over, his spine retreating back into his body and his head slowly returning to normal. "You know, at any moment I could kill you, right? It would be all to easy. I could simply hold you and channel my aura into you. You could do absolute nothing about it as your life force would slowly wane. Still, you think you grasp what has happened, don't you?"

The fencer looked at the cut on Monroe's face as it vanished, along with his other wounds. His body had physically given out. The fencer picked up his arm and placed it against the point where it had been connected and a mass of aura exploded from it, the limb completely reattached. "Now then, I'll test this arm out on you," the fencer said as his blade buzzed viciously, clean cutting Johnny's reattached arms and piercing three holes through his body. The skull, the neck, and just short of the heart.

"With that, you fool, I'll leave you this logic: you come anywhere near Rai or Monroe, I will kill you. I'll not just kill you, I'll reduce you into shards of bone and dip them in acid until you're nothingness. If you think I won't, I can be mean if I really need to be, and your stupidity is pushing me there." The fencer tested his reattached left arm. Good as new, maybe better. "Oh, and when the sun rises and you're a skeleton, you'd best leave, because killing you then will be at it's easiest. Now do you understand what you're up against.

The fencer turned away from Johnny, walking towards where he sensed Rai. Something about Johnny's inability to die proved to be most annoying now, but still, it was interesting seeing just how vicious the green haired man could be.

Meanwhile, a black orange sphere appeared around Monroe, his body sinking into it and vanishing. The fencer looked, feeling the disturbance, but by the time he saw it, Monroe was gone. Annoying, and knowing Johnny, he'd be back for round two in a few minutes. What an idiot, plain and simple.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Though blood floods the ground, the mountain is unmoved
Send a message via AIM to Dybia Send a message via Skype™ to Dybia
View Posts: 4,192

Dybia went flying towards the cyclone, and saw the debris going through it. He reacted immediatly and balled himself up. He felt the sting of a thousand pea sized rocks at the tornado's speed. It would tear a normal man apart, but Dybia was not normal. He found himself flying around in circles, and he was trying to move his face just enough from behind to see what was happening but not o far to get his eyes ripped up by flying rocks.

He saw a concrete slab flying just ahead of him, so he broke from his position and grabbed it as quickly as he could. It was big enough enough he could kick off of, and still small enough that he could grab on both sides. He noticed it was the slab he'd thrown at the woman a short few moments ago. He held it by both sides bracing his feet on it waiting for the opportune moment.

"Stay down, arse." She said, and she watched for about five seconds before starting to walk away. Dybia spotted it through squinted eyes, and just as the cyclone's motion thew him in the right direction he took the moment and kicked off. Dybia went faster than a bullet straight at Cadenza into the middle of her back.

This was a two pronged attack though, and Dybia and Cadenza were down for about thirty seconds. Dybia pushed himself up and saw how coated he was in dust and his jacket really seemed to be weighting him down. "Oh well I'll wash it later." Dybia said taking his khaki denim jacket off. He was wearing his normal tight black shirt, and still had to brush a little dust off of it.

He grabbed his neck and rubbed it a little, feeling that headbut he just gave. "You didn't think I'd go down that easy did you?" Dybia said seeing she was already up, "What did they say your name was again? Cadenza, wasn't it?"

OoC: Headbut of epic proportions!

BA Characters
| | Charlie "Angel" Duval | The Caretaker
Sprites by Lady Knives
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2007, 02:05 AM
Reach out to the truth.
Send a message via AIM to Brotagonist Send a message via Skype™ to Brotagonist
Steam ID: wolfennights

View Posts: 17,651

Yauyayay!

BiC:

He was shaking.

Everything had happened so fast, so very damn fast. It sounded like such a cliché, but it was all so true. And Taen was unable to do a thing, unable to fight. His body was still in a weakened state from stopping that explosion, the one that apparently Zorlo started. People fought all around, and the summoner knew not who to help.

Taen was shaking. He breathed deep, and reached towards the spirit of Sirasha, the Dragon of White Magic. His scars healed, holes closed up, and his muscles regained control over his body. But it wasn’t fast enough.

He was never fast enough.

He wanted to fight, but his body took too damn long to heal. He looked up at Cadenza throwing Dybia around in a whirlwind, and Rai and Roery, and so much going on, and jolts of magic hitting the ground. He stepped forward, but stumbled, catching himself against a wall.

Taen looked above, and saw the epic battle between Zorlo and Johnny Bones. Too many things were happening; it was hard to keep up. He saw Johnny grab Zorlo, and his arm ripped straight from his body.

‘How the hell can he stand that?’ Taen glared at the Aura Master. The fencer had fought for so long, and so hard, and taken so many blows, and yet was still able to hold his ground.

‘Dumb fool. You’re going to get yourself killed.”

He wasn’t sure of Zorlo’s limits, or his powers. But Taen knew that Zorlo wasn’t immortal, or invincible.

He breathed in, and forced spirit energy throughout his body. He had recovered since the blast at first, and could still fight through the weakness and pain, and maybe save Zorlo from his own stupidity.

But who was he to interfere? That was their battle. There was no reason to get involved, and no good would come out of it. He wouldn’t be able to help out, he would only be in the way.

This was pathetic. A great dragon summoner, not even able to fight the most powerful of enemies. He was weak, his magic was easily exhausted, and Taen was easily defeated. He was not worthy of the dragons.

Taen refused to believe this. He stepped forward into the greater part of the battle. He held two fingers in the air, and snapped them, the friction causing a slight spark. He dragged them through the air, the friction growing, and creating a great and powerful element.

Taen would have to prove himself. He would get stronger, and fight. He would stand by the side of his allies, even if he meant nothing to them.

He pointed outwards towards Johnny Bones, and released the electric blade, a crash of thunder erupting throughout the battlefield, and the flash of light illuminating the great city once more.

Tumblr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I read "therapist" as "goat".
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Web Head
View Posts: 7,606

Roery watched as Johnny began giving Monroe the beating of his life. She was actually surprised to here the words--muffled by the sound of fire and beating flesh--that she could overhear coming from her undead friend.

Behind her, a chunk of charred wall crumbled to the ground and she whirled around to see Rai back up on her feet, a messed up shoulder molding back into a healed shoulder, and the vacant, lifeless expression still evident on her face. Her expressionless eyes settled on Johnny, and she suddenly blurred forward. Roery was just barely fast enough as she snapped her remaining gun into her hand and fired a plasma disk, at the same time rocketing toward Johnny's assailant.

Roery had done nothing as Ria had pierced Johnny and hurt him badly before. She wasnt going to stand by again, as Johnny was occupied with someone else.

Rai ducked quickly under the disk, coming extremely close to the ground, tapping off it with her hand, and soaring forward still. Roery intercepted her and swung a vertical round house aimed for the reapers middle. The blond woman merely slipped her dagger into the soldiers boot, (luckily, merely slashing the flesh beneath) and spun in mid sprint, yanking Roery's foot and pulling her over the reapers head and towards the ground on her other side.

Well, two could play that game. Roery quickly grabbed the womans hand, flipping over her, slipping the dagger out of her metallic boot. She landed on her feet and threw the reaper over her head with all the momentum and strength she had. The emotionless reaper soared into the air, and Roery followed. She fired off another few disks but the woman merely bent her body around their path and somehow deflected the disks with her sword without exploding them. Roery came closer and ignited her thrusters, throwing an arm foreword and parrying a sword strike, then bringing her other arm foreword and gripping tightly to the reapers wrists as she sliced with her dagger. The soldier then quickly erupted the thruster of her right foot and aimed a powerful kick at the reapers head.

Roery knew not the extent as to why the woman was so eager to kill the divine warrior, but judging from her lifeless expression and heartless actions, she knew it was pointless to ask, or try to reason with the blade wielding woman. The only thing there was to do was to hold her off, or weaken her if she could. She wasn’t sure who would win in a fight between the reaper and the zombie, but Johnny had plenty of other people to worry about at the moment. The least she could do was attempt to lighten his burden.

OoC: So, this is just to get Roery and Rai away from the battle field, so they’re actually doing something this whole time while Johnny and Zorlo mutilate each other =P ... I have a feeling Roery’s going to be in a lot of pain real soon >>;

Also, this is back in time a few posts. After insaney's post, they should be caught up =P
Last Edited by I)ragon; 12-19-2007 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Well-Compensated Establishment Provocateur
Send a message via AIM to Duke of Clubs
View Posts: 5,896

Johnny was fairly certain that some of his nerves had shut down. That last stab didn't even hurt.

He flipped up and landed on his feet just as a blast of lightning ripped towards him.

"--the hell?"

The zombie's left arm snapped up and a golden shield sprang into existence, blocking the attack. Blinding white electricity hit the shield and rebounded outwards in fifty different directions. Dropping his arm to his side, he whipped his head around to look at the new attacker. What now?

"Hey, man, what the hell?" he shouted. Another blast of electricity arced toward him; Johnny held up a hand and his own lightning burst from his palm, slamming into the opposing magic. A clap of thunder shook the ground.

Whatever. He didn't even know who this guy was. There were more important things to do.

He reached into his jacket, yanked out a grenade, and pulled the cap. Instantly, thick gray smoke gushed out, hiding him. A third lightning bolt missed him by five yards. Johnny grinned to himself, saw the wavering heat outline through the smoke that was Zorlo, and took off after him.

The fencer whirled, bringing his sword up, but Johnny was faster; he flipped horizontally over the blade, reached down, and snapped Zorlo's arm three times in what was possibly the most devastating Indian sunburn ever. When he landed, he blasted Zorlo in the back of the head with holy energy so fiercely that it sent the Aura Master head over heels into a pile of rubble.

"Mostly," he said as Zorlo picked himself up, "it is your fault. You engaged Cadenza, the blood's on your hands." His hand disappeared behind his back, returning with his own sword.

Their swords whirled, taking on lives of their own. Golden and green flames battled for superiority as the blades clashed. Abruptly, the blades locked; the duellists were staring into each other's eyes.

"Jesus said, 'Love thy neighbor,'" Johnny said. "A Mesopotamian law code said 'an eye for an eye.' So you're wrong again."

The swords came around, the metal-on-metal screech making any more conversation difficult. A bolt of lightning blew up the ground five feet away from Johnny, and he grimaced. Apparently the new guy had caught up. He bounced back, dropped a bubble shield, and threw himself at Zorlo once more. Another lightning strike was absorbed by the shield.

"Yes, love thy neighbor," Zorlo replied mockingly. "You do a fine job of that."

"Not the kind of love you're thinking of," Johnny growled. "You walk around, snidely commenting on God's power when it's what makes you and your little girlfriend exist...tell her to give me a call. I want to see if she's been drugged to love someone as arrogant as you."

The blades screamed through the air, locking once more above their heads. Zorlo's aura poured forth into Johnny, lighting them both up with green energy. The holy warrior took it in, grinning.

"You overestimate yourself and that aura," he said. The green brightened to a blinding gold; Zorlo leaped back as if stung. Johnny stayed where he was, the fire receeding into his body, which brightened from its normal healthy tan to a gleaming, bronzed gold. His eyes, too, changed from their normal crimson irises to an entire golden eyeball.

"This feels good," Johnny said, lifting a hand to examine his new fleshtone. His voice echoed. "It's not light magic, it's holy magic. There is a difference..."

He stuck the sword in the ground and stalked towards Zorlo. The air around him crackled. The fencer blurred forward, raising his sword with such speed that if you had even half-blinked you would have missed it.

Johnny was faster.

White energy erupted from his hands into Zorlo's abdomen, blasting him backwards and into a rubble pile, where it met resistance and continued through his stomach and out the other side. Organs and intestines sizzled as if they had been thrown onto a bonfire. Flames shot out of the zombie's fingertips and danced around the pillar of light, swallowing up Zorlo's aura like that tasty pasta salad I'm eating right now.

The strange thing was...the beam was completely silent. The only noise was the crashing of wreckage and the burning of pieces of the body that are not meant to see the light of day.
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Yin Key Bearer

OoC: *Grabs a direct quote from Zorlo's profile*

Quote:
Pertaining to light and holy: Zorlo’s aura is positively charged to the point where it can almost completely nullify these types of energy without even thinking about it. although, with a large enough amount, light or holy magic can hurt Zorlo, it is very hard to do.
BiC: "That... almost tickled," Zorlo said as the holy energy failed again, and the fencer watched as the flames were stopped, yet again, by his aura. The problem that the two fighters seemed to have is that they were developing ways around each others most devastating powers. Such was the nature of this beast, the fencer assumed as the light faded.

"You see, the difference is, light is the purer form of holy magic. Neither of which can hurt me easily," the fencer said as he stood up. If a hole had been there, it wasn't any longer. "Anyway, I'm tired of playing with you," the fencer said as his hand grabbed Johnny's neck before the dead man could flinch.

Zorlo had been slacking, he could read every one of Johnny's moves, but Sapphire was making it a tad hard to fight. The fencer's grip tightened around Johnny's neck, and green flame began pouring into the zombie's body. As soon as it neared Johnny's eyes, the flames that had been there were gone, and a simple, dull look filled the crimson eyes. The time had come to explain where he had gone wrong, again.

"You see, I didn't have to heal from that blast. Any kind of holy or light based magic can't hurt me, period. Your kind of magic is great for killing things that wield darkness, not so much for defeating someone who is pure of any kind of darkness. That's what you fail to understand. My aura isn't the only thing nearly immune to your magic, I, myself, am nearly immune to holy and light magic."

"However," the Aura Master continued as Johnny started glowing dark green, "The opposite is true as well. My aura is going to find and disburse any holy magic that is in you. It will be easier to do this when you're a skeleton, since that is the only thing fueling you at that point. Still, I don't want to kill you. That would be boring. Instead, I'm going to..." the fencer stopped and threw Johnny's body away. "I'm going to let you live. With that, you'll live and can fight, but I'm done fighting you. All this time you've been trying to prove how tough you are, I could have been helping Rai. Stop being stubborn and make sure your friend is okay. I'm going to help my own."

The Aura Master nonchalantly began walking away from Johnny, his normal smile still upon his face. "But I must admit. That was an interesting attack. Try it on something that can actually be hurt by holy magic. I must say, I do enjoy fighting you, but for today, as you did last time we fought, I don't have all day and night, nor the rest of eternity to fight with you. What say we call it a draw, again, and move on. I have someone I need to help," the fencer said sincerely as he began leaping towards where Rai was. He could feel her energy easily. Just a little longer.

OoC: Oh, and the only reason I quoted that was for both me and Duke. Duke, what say we call it a draw and battle again another time. This has been fun and all, but there are other people that need dealing with right now. ^_^
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2007, 05:37 PM
New Disco on the Block~
Send a message via AIM to Altamira Send a message via Skype™ to Altamira
3DS ID: 0490-5369-0518

View Posts: 18,057

They say that when you’re being talked about and you’re not around, your ears start to burn. Cadenza had experienced that just a few moments ago—but then, of course, that could have just been the result of having one of her ears slammed into the ground with the force of Dybia’s headbutt.

This guy just wouldn't stay down.

Cadenza stood, arching her back; the mythril had absorbed most of the impact, but as tired as she was, she could still feel a bit of soreness where he had struck her. Dybia had a bloody tough skull, she thought--ideal for construction work or something of the like. No hard hat necessary. As the gypsy stretched, the man began talking to her, or rather, at her, and at his expectant stare, she shot him back a smirk.

"The jacket's off, I see. We're all business now."

Dybia wasn't amused; he stood, staring, waiting for an answer to his question.

Cadenza laughed dryly, ignoring the man's glare as she went on, "Sorry--I guess I'm not used to having someone that serious about fighting care about what the hell my name is. Maria, Sarah, Sally Jo Mullin--it's all going to be the same to you later. 'I headbutted some chick, so drinks on me, guys'."

She blew a raven-colored curl out of her face, and drew her dagger, stepping closer to Dybia. Some ungodly sounds were coming from across the line of twisters devouring the last surviving street lamps and signposts; magic flashed and bones cracked, merely hinting at the level of violence to be found with one false step beyond the funnels of wind and shadow. Eventually, Cadenza figured, that fight would collide with this one. And when that time came, there might not be any remains left of the remains of Chinatown to speak of.
Last Edited by Altamira; 12-19-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Bang bang! Down down!
Send a message via AIM to insaney Send a message via Skype™ to insaney
Steam ID: etherwinterrain 3DS ID: 4742 5819 4763
View Posts: 27,443

It seems that Roery decided that this battle would be fought better high above the ground. She flung the reaper into the air towards a wall, but in quick response, Raisha decreased her weight, landing on the wall like a feather. Swiftly, she increased it again, slamming the tip of her dagger in the space between bricks, making her hang there.

However, the female soldier wasn’t finished. She fired up her thrusters once more and jetted straight at her. Rai pushed off the wall with all her might, moving higher up. Roery met the wall and pushed off of it also, heading straight at the reaper.

Rai waited, eyeing Roery closely with her dim eyes. The female soldier got closer and closer while Raisha kept sailing through the air. Suddenly, she stopped moving higher.

It was time.

Raisha bent her knees and pushed them downward suddenly, as if she were jumping off a solid surface. The reaper shot higher because of her action, watching as Roery flew under her. The female soldier spun around in mid-flight, amazed, but not enough to shock her out of action. With her remaining gun, she fired multiple blasts, only for Rai to effectively utilize Apollo against most of them, while moving higher up into the air by pushing off at the tip each jump, basically walking through the air.

The soldier landed on the rooftop of a nearby building, searching the sky for any sign of the reaper, only to see her standing higher up on a small ledge of another building. Raisha’s face and eyes were still the same; emotionless, neither anger nor hate. They both stood in their places for a little while, Roery seemingly waiting for something. But the silence between them was shattered easily as the soldier shot upward, toward the reaper.

But Raisha just repeated what she had done before; she jumped upward and then jumped again at the peak height. Roery, however, didn’t fall for that trick this time; instead, she stopped moving exactly underneath the reaper, aiming her gun upwards, letting out a flurry of plasma shots.

The reaper moved upwards again, deflecting most of the shots with Apollo, sending them carelessly in all directions, but the last shot…she would use that for something special. Instead of avoiding or blocking it, she pierced it with the tip of the rapier, causing it to expand, sending a rippling explosion through the sky. Roery was caught at the edge of it, she was pushed downward. Given enough time to recover from it, she would have landed safely, but that wasn’t about to happen.

The reaper dove downward, using the rush of air from the explosion as propulsion, along with her increasing weight. She grasped Roery by the neck, pulling her along, with the soldier’s own thrusters adding to the speed of the descent. When they were close enough, Raisha flung her down, sending her hurtling into the tarmac, creating a small crater.

In less than a second later, the reaper herself came down at full force, baring the length of Apollo as she descended at a break-neck speed. The sword slammed diagonally across the soldier’s chest, the force of the blow increasing the size of the crater before the foundation below caved in, sending them both into the sewers below.

The power of the Ryutsuisen--the ‘Dragon’s Hammer’--multiplied one-hundred fold.

A few seconds later, the reaper pushed her way out of the rubble, her bruises left over from the attack already beginning to heal. With a few steps, she was able to reach street-level again.

OoC:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me, above
The soldier landed on the rooftop of a nearby building, searching the sky for any sign of the reaper, only to see her standing higher up on a small ledge of another building.
*ahem*

Rai: "It’s over Roery! I have the high ground."

Roery: "You underestimate my power!"

xD Shouldn't be hard to guess where that's from.
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2007, 08:59 PM

The zombie lay on the ground. His eyes had lost their gleam; he remained motionless for long, long seconds. The remnants of the glow faded from his skin. For once, he actually looked dead.

Then he slowly grinned.

"I didn't expect this. He won't, either..."

Zorlo would keep an eye on Roery, and there was no sense in sticking his neck out where Raisha was, so Johnny decided to see how Dybia and Cadenza--the name and image connected with it sent a shiver down his spine...kind of sketchy--were doing. They hadn't looked too happy, earlier...

Johnny ambled over in their direction, ignoring a thunderous crash from behind him where Roery and Raisha were. Not the best odds, here. He really didn't want to fight Raisha--she'd simply retaliated to his attack which was uncalled for anyways--and he really didn't want to fight Cadenza. That random guy that had shot lightning at him was probably still skulking around somewhere, too. Not the best odds, indeed.

Cadenza and Dybia were glaring at each other, tensed and at the ready. Johnny stashed his sword back in his jacket and strolled between them, holding up his hands.

"Hey! Whoa! Hey! Whoa! Hey, whoa, heeeeeey. Whoooooooooa. Heeeey. Let's calm down here, fellas. Gettin' kind of tense. It's palpable. Taste the air."

They didn't look relaxed.

"Um. Hi."
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Yin Key Bearer

Zorlo glanced where Johnny had wandered off to and smiled. Good, he hadn't elected to do something stupid. The zombie's aura was a little weaker now, but still, the dead man would live, as much of an oxymoron as that was. As far as the Aura Master had seen, his rival was many things, but dumb wasn't one of those things. In fact, Johnny had a bit of realism that the fencer felt refreshed by, even if his views were slightly skewed.

Or maybe my views are, I'm not entirely sure.

The fencer didn't really think about it. After all, a person's views were a person's views, and no matter how hard someone else tried, it didn't seem that they could be changed easily. Correcting a person's faults was one things, but correcting a person's views... well that was another entirely. Or mayhaps the two were one and the same. Again, the fencer couldn't think about it for long. After all, his newest foe would be a strong one, and, as much as Zorlo hated to admit it, he was a little tired.

Having to reattach an arm does that to a living person. Still, that nearly armorless left arm was strong as ever. If anything, Johnny had succeeded in one aspect: he'd managed to wear Zorlo down a little bit. Without being at his best and going into a fight with the reaper thoughtlessly would be deadly. Raisha had Apollo, but that didn't worry the fencer in the least. That sword had something unique about it that Zorlo didn't go around boasting so often.

The fencer tightened his left hand into a fist and felt the energy running through it. The Aura Master couldn't forget the amount of aura he had pumped into Johnny to get his point across. So many draining activities, but Johnny had helped. That massive blast of holy magic did seem to have an effect, but rather, the inverse effect desired. It seemed to make the fencer feel stronger, rather then nearly kill him. Perhaps this seal breaking had a greater effect then the fencer thought.

The last thing the fencer had to add to his calculation was the sword he was using. Despite being slightly, a loose term here, easier to wield, the sword was still putting up a fight, which took more energy to suppress. Well, the fencer was nearly where he had began his wandering towards as something massive crashed into the ground near him. "Raisha," the fencer whispered softly as he looked at the hole. Roery didn't look too good. Time to step in.

However, before the fencer could leap down to stop the reaper, she was a few feet from him. Her blank, doll like eyes stared into him, as if looking into his soul. Actually, that seemed to be possible, in this case. "Raisha! You must free yourself. That stuff is gone, so please, return to who you were!" the green haired man yelled as he turned his sword to block a slash from the reaper's dagger, holding the sword upside down, and watching as she thrust his sword forwards.

However, beyond Rai's control, Apollo veered to the left, away from the fencer's face. The reaper tried again, swinging the sword down towards the green haired man's shoulder, but the blade refused to go any closer then about an inch from the fencer. Zorlo wasn't sure if she had noticed yet, but Apollo wouldn't fight its master. At least, it wouldn't be the thing that struck him down. That was one of the edges the fencer had gained. The sword obeyed him, even out of his hands.

The Aura Master's right hand moved quickly, grabbing the blade's hilt as the rapier began to fight back, and, with a powerful jerk, managed to free it, leaving friction burn on Rai's hands, but that mended quick enough. Still, that didn't stop Zorlo from stumbling back, barely stopping himself from falling back.

To make matters worse, the woman's arm quickly grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, raising her dagger to attack. The fencer spun on his heels, managing to sweep Rai's legs out from under him and stab her hand, forcing her to release while he jumped back. Too close. Much too close.

Zorlo spun Sapphire around before sheathing it and switching his hand so he held Apollo in his sword arm. "I'm not sure how yet, Raisha, but I'll bring you back to normal," the fencer said, breathing harder then normal. This would be a bit tough, and not knowing why you were tired, aside from things that would normally not tire you that much wasn't it. It had to be something else... but what?
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
New Disco on the Block~

Daggers and fists were, if at all possible, held more at the ready. Cadenza was the first to break the silence and speak.

"What are you doing here?" she snapped, glaring at the zombie. "We hadn't had the displeasure of seeing you in so long that I had nearly stopped..."

...whoa, whoa--what?

She lost control of the sentence from there--and so, she reigned in the ol' vocal chords, and let it drift off without an end into the pasture of lost thoughts. Some rebellious little neurons somewhere were laughing now; they had sparked that thought and tried to sneak it through, undetected, to her tongue. And now, unless Cadenza wanted to be a color that could only be described as "beet red embarrassment" in a second, they needed to be brought back into line.

Both Dybia and Johnny were looking at her.

Thinking "look away, by the gods, look away!" didn't seem to help much, so the woman pretended to pinch the bridge of her nose in some sort of headache or overwhelming feeling of annoyance. Either was believable, given the circumstances. But honestly, she had done it because she needed a moment to think--and, as many women know, it's a habit of men to look away when a migraine or a "you're an idiot" rant seems to be coming on. It's almost a survival trait.

Nearly stopped what? she asked herself. What was I about to say? Nearly stopped thinking about you? So, yes, okay, earlier I thought I had bumped into him a lot by weird coincidences--but that means nothing. So why was I about to say that?

The gypsy had never been at a loss for words like this--and so she breathed a sigh of relief when she realized that Dybia had started talking. It gave her time to work up some appropriate anger unfettered by confusion, whether it was genuine or not. She had to save face.
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2007, 10:08 PM

"Well, anyways" Dybia started seeing the woman getting mixed up in whatever emotion she was trying to suppress, "You would feel tense too if someone just destroyed a bike you've had for six years, wouldn't you?" They didn't seem to care about what he was talking about. "That and it was a gift from my little brother. I plan to take every bit of sentiment I had for it in blood."

Dybia's electricity was coming back, which meant his body would power down. He knew though with a nice suit of armor like she had his normal power would work well here. "I don't care if you just want to stop the fight, fight her yourself, or help either of us. She destroyed something I cared about." He said clanking his fingers behind his back. He felt the electricity arcing on his fingers.

Dybia pounced, jumping over Johnny, with his hands ready to deliver a punch to the woman along with high voltage. His speed though was greatly lowered so the woman dodged him and came in behind Dybia ready to strike him again with her shadow punches, but Dybia was not unprepared. He quickly tilted his sword,which was back on the clasp on his belt, up just enough to be pointed at the woman and shot off a bolt of lightning sending her to the ground. He knew one jolt though couldn't finish her.

OoC: as you've said above, short and bleh.

BA Characters
Sprites by Lady Knives
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-22-2007, 10:00 PM

If the zombie's heart was beating, it would have skipped a beat.

Johnny stared at the beautiful gypsy, hoisting a look of apathy onto his face. Stopped what? Stopped what? Stopped getting a headache? Stopped feeling annoyed? Maybe, dare he hope...stopped thinking about him?

Nah, that was baloney. Don't even try that, man. That won't end well. Talk about miscommunication. She wasn't even looking his way, just pinching the bridge of her nose like she had a headache or was annoyed or something. Definitely not affection.

Dybia wasn't happy, either. Johnny had lost his motorcycle and HE wasn't pissed. Of course, he had only owned it for a few days. Emotional attatchments generally took longer to develop.

Heyo, they're attacking.

Johnny tried to stay between them. "Okay, seriously, let's calm down? Maybe you could get the bike fixed...and maybe Cadenza could...beat up...someone else..."

His arguments weren't exactly airtight. He sighed and decided to try as best he could to break them up...which probably wouldn't work. Zorlo said Cadenza was stronger than both of them. Yeah...probably not gonna work.

OoC: Shortnbleh.
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-23-2007, 12:41 PM
New Disco on the Block~

Ugh. Look away. Fight whatever the hell this impulse is with everything you've got and ignore him!

As she dodged a punch from the grizzled biker, Cadenza managed to say with just enough irritation in her tone; "If I was fighting just to fight a guy, then believe me, I would have left a long time ago--" she leapt over a crackle of lightning, and planted a shadow-powered kick on the man's chest, knocking him back, "--but I'm fighting this arse because he thinks all the women around here are just weaklings hanging off Zorlo and taking cheap shots. Someone's gotta teach him some respect."

Another bolt lanced through the air from Dybia's sword, and the gypsy twisted herself and spun away from it, launching a barrage of dart-shaped magical projectiles as she did. The masses of shadow zoomed through the dust and peppered the man, over half of them hitting their mark and piercing his unarmored body. The needle-like dart heads tore into the flesh, stinging hard with magic.

The fighter cursed and rose, clutching at a number of spots along his injured arms to stem the flow of blood from the little punctures, but just as he was about to attack, Johnny stepped inbetween them again.
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-26-2007, 07:33 AM
Bang bang! Down down!

She heard the words, but they had no effect on her.

She had also lost Apollo, but she showed no signs of disappointment, anger, or even fear of the Aura master who was now standing before her with his sword in his own hands. The wind blew, she felt it, but she didn't feel it. It tugged her hair to the side as she stared without emotion at the fencer. The ends of her golden strands were lined with black streaks, left over from the zombie's magic.

The stab in her arm was sealed now; it was only a wound that was inflicted in order to save someone from being stabbed with Celestia. Raisha switched hands, holding the dagger inversely in her right hand. With her left hand open, she rested its palm on the kashira--or end cap--of the hilt.

Rai shot forward, raising the dagger in an attempt to strike Zorlo's shoulder. The fencer was quick; he lifted Apollo to block, focusing on the tip of the weapon that was coming towards him. But what he didn't focus on was Rai's foot, which began moving up towards his chin the moment Celestia made contact with Apollo.

The kick connected with his chin, making the fencer stumble backwards while spitting blood. Using the momentum from the attack, Raisha entered into a back flip, but shot herself forward again, as soon as her feet touched the ground.

The reaper jumped into the air and kicked Zorlo's shoulder, making his body twist as he stumbled. She brought her other leg across in a swift, sweeping motion, nailing the Aura master square in the jaw. But still, he only stumbled. Her never once seemed like he was going to fall.

Raisha landed, and with another swift sweep, she kicked Zorlo's legs out from under him, making the back of his head collide with the hard tarmac. In another split second, the reaper came down from above, slamming herself and the tip of her dagger into his chest, pushing the fencer through the streets and down into the sewers.

The reaper, however, did not go with him. She hung on to the surface by riveting her dagger into the ground; decreasing her weight and hanging on tight, she pulled herself up from there.
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Yin Key Bearer

The Aura Master nearly fell into the sewer below. He didn't; however, it had been close. Just as the green haired man was about to touch down into the filthy sewer water, his body stopped. Aura quickly flowed to the wound the fencer had now and sealed it in no time, the pain fading as his wound healed. This wasn't going to be an easy thing to do.

"Still..." Zorlo whispered to himself as he stood up in the thin air he had thickened to stand upon, "I can't simply let her continue her path of chaos and destruction. There has to be something I can do to reach Raisha... but what?" the fencer asked.

The fencer thought of a way to reach the woman, but it wasn't fool proof. If it didn't work, he would certainly die. The fencer haired man began to blast aura out from his feet, taking notice of the wounded Roery that had filled into the sewer. "Well... I can't well consciously leave her here. That would be awful of me," the fencer told himself as he lowered himself and lifted her from the indent in the sewer system.

A few seconds passed and a green blur shot into the air, holding the girl in light blue armor. Roery didn't look to be in the best of shape, but it didn't look like she was in any way going to die. The fencer set the soldier down and walked away from her. When she was more conscious, he'd tell her what he needed to tell her. For now, the fencer had other people to worry about.

The Aura Master looked at Raisha and smiled. "I don't want to fight you, Rai, but I am going to do everything in my power to save you," the fencer said as he sighed and stabbed his sword into the ground. The reaper took off, thrusting her dagger forward. The fencer didn't move, even as the blade went clean into his abdomen. Pain shot into the Aura Master's body, but he didn't let it stop him.

Quickly, the green haired man grabbed the woman's shoulder and a powerful flux of aura shot into the air. A massive green flame engulfed the two warriors. Hopefully, the positive nature of the fencer's aura would be enough to overwhelm the fading power of the dark ball.
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-26-2007, 09:44 PM

Dybia got up holding the cuts on his arm, and he muttered to himself, "That won't do." He took a sav from his belt and rubbed it across his arms closing the various small cuts on his arms. Dybia knew it was a quick fix, but it would do for such small wounds. He then stared at Cadenza past Johnny thinking about what she just said. He started laughing loudly and intently, and he said "You? you want to teach me respect? That's a laugh. Look around you woman! this city, the people who lived here, my bike. You've shown blatant disrespect for people and property. Keep your lesson in whatever it is you think respect is! Instead I'll give you a lesson!"

Dybia quickly jumped forward again and darted around Johnny. He shot a bolt at her knowing she would dodge. She jumped over it coming straight at him with fist of shadow magic. Dybia charged as much as he could in his spare fist and matched her punch. Her punch was more powerful but Dybia was counting on it he use the force of her punch to whirl around and slash at her stomach with his sword, cutting the cloth that covered her armor. He knew her armor would protect her from the cut but not the electricity. He wasn't out to kill her, just to make her pay.

The woman held her stomach as she jumped back. "High voltage not treating you well?" Dybia said.

BA Characters
Sprites by Lady Knives
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Bang bang! Down down!

The world became contorted, turning a wavering green all around her. As a reflex to Zorlo’s grabbing, she instantly pulled her dagger out, intending to plunge it into him again. But the massive influx of pure aura that engulfed the two in flames made her falter, she twitched, her fingers loosened as her body began to feel more and more helpless, more feeble…The aura’s current around the two shifted and while the fencer’s feet stayed planted on the ground, her whole body began to slowly rise upward. The handle of Celestia slid out of her hand and moved upward swiftly, attempting to channel the aura itself, but Zorlo was so much more powerful.

Her gold hair with the black streaks whipped her face, pulling and tugging as they moved upwards. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw one of the streaks of black get caught in the green flames, and for a moment, her eyes were filled with the glint of life. She turned her head to look at the dagger floating up past the two. When Celestia reached eye level, it stopped moving. Raisha’s eyes widened as she saw that a crack had begun to run itself along the blade.

There was an audible crack as the line reached the tip of the blade causing it to split. A brilliant explosion of white light along with an ear-piercing screech followed the split. The white light covered the whole of Chinatown for a brief second before dying down as the echoes of the screech could still be heard far off in the distance.

There was silence after everything cleared. The reaper was kneeling down on the black street, her golden hair--still with small streaks of black--flowed down over her shoulders. She was panting, staring down at the two pieces of blue-glowing metal on the ground. Raisha picked one piece off the street, gripping it tightly in a fist. It was about as long as her middle finger alone, the other piece was still attached to the handle, but the state it was in made it almost entirely useless. The blade still glowed, meaning that it still channeled her negative emotions--for one brief second, a tear fell to the ground, another second and that feeling was gone.

Picking up the second piece, she slowly rose to her feet, her eyes closed. She inhaled, taking in a long breath of the night air.

Finally, she opened her eyes.

Zorlo stood at the ready; eyes on her, Apollo held tightly in his hands and his feet ready to move, just in case.

She looked at him, her eyes full gold and bright with life once more. Her lips parted, she whispered.

“Thank you.”

There was another crack, smaller this time, from the piece she held in her fist. With a last glance, she turned to walk away, a slight fear in her heart that Celestia’s shards would lose its power over her emotions. She would have to re-forge it into a blade or something else, somehow…but if that was lost, what would happen to her then? Raisha looked down at the two pieces in her hand; one of them vaguely resembled a small triangle…Perhaps she would put that piece to use as a necklace or something of the sort.

The other pieces…well…A new weapon might be in order, anyway, she half smiled.

OoC: Okay, maybe she won’t leave…yet. Mostly because I’m curious about what’s going to happen next.
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Yin Key Bearer

Zorlo began to cough into his right hand, blood dripping down the gauntlet as he did. The fencer fell to his knees and dropped his sword. The green haired man looked at the blood on his hand and looked back towards Raisha, smiling. "Don't mention it," the Aura Master told her as he could feel the pain rush over his body. Transferring aura into other beings was not as pleasant a feeling as the fencer thought, and he had shattered Rai's weapon.

"More, I should say sorry," the fencer told her, and the reaper turned slightly. "I wanted to save you, and the flux of my aura I hoped would free you from the emotionless state you were in, since my aura is lined with positive emotions, but all it did was shatter your dagger. Rain told me a little about that weapon of yours, and how it helps you to maintain your current state of happiness. Please forgive me," the fencer said as he bowed down, looking at the ground.

"Don't worry about it..." the woman said as she trailed off into thought. "You did help me," the reaper said.

The green haired man stood up and picked up his sword, sheathing the golden blade with some silence. "So, what to do now?" the Aura Master asked the reaper. The ground shook slightly as the fencer noticed a figure slowly standing up. "Well, she lived... not that I'm amazed," the fencer said softly and Raisha laughed slightly. "I need to tell her something. I owe you, so if you don't mind, I'll help you leave. Also, I can show you where I think your brother is," the fencer said as he smiled at her.

Raisha looked wide eyed for a moment, but didn't have a chance to say something to the fencer. The green haired man had one more thing he needed to do before he left, and that was far more pressing then getting out of here. Cadenza and Johnny and Dybia could sort their business out themselves, and it was none of the fencer's business. For now, the green haired man could only do one last thing before he left.

Roery seemed to be standing, although still a bit shaky. After all, who wouldn't be after being slammed into the ground by the Dragon Hammer attack? The fencer had seen it once or twice, and knew that it was a powerful attack, especially when used by Raisha, who the fencer assumed even Rain was afraid to fight. After all, the Grim Angel's sister was extremely powerful.

Zorlo stood upon part of a destroyed building and looked at Roery. The female soldier stood up, looking up at the fencer with a great deal of disdain. "What do you want?" the science soldier asked, seeming to have a hard time keeping herself standing up.

"I just came to say you were right, and I'm sorry," Zorlo said as he let his smile fade into a look of a level of sorrow. "I am sorry to you for what happened on the plateau, and you were right. I didn't win anything on that plateau, nor did I settle anything by beating Kellson and you nearly to death. I don't care if you forgive me or not, but I wanted to tell you I'm truly sorry for what I did to you and the now dead man. I'd tell him, but it doesn't matter what I say. He and I are too stubborn to admit the fact that we both don't understand the facts of the other. Still, I think I'm gonna get going soon. Farewell, Roery," the fencer said as he smiled again as he turned from the soldier.

With that, the Aura Master turned from the female soldier and jumped from place to place, heading towards Raisha. "Now then, if I can help you in anyway or repay you for destroying your weapon, please tell me. I actually know a great blacksmith if you want to repair your weapon. What do you say?" the fencer asked, casting his normal smile.
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Bang bang! Down down!

“What do you say?”

The reaper was slightly surprised at first. She wasn’t expecting Zorlo to offer her a way out of Chinatown, let alone know exactly where her brother is. For some time, she had been unable to reach him; she told herself that he was okay, and he was probably just out of range. But the fencer knew where he was…where in the world could he be? Raisha smiled to herself, thinking about scolding her brother as soon as they met.

She bowed to the fencer and spoke, “Gladly. But there is one single thing I must do here first…”

The fencer nodded as the reaper glanced over at Roery.

Cautiously, she took a few steps over to the female soldier. Roery pulled her arm up and readied her gun, still weary of the Raisha’s abilities. Every step the reaper took, the soldier took one step back, until finally, the reaper bowed to her.

“I am sorry,” she said those words without looking up, “I know you may not forgive me because you may not understand…but I hope one day you will find it in your heart to do so. And…that Johnny fellow…when you talk to him again, tell him I said sorry, too. Until we meet again…take care of yourself.”

She turned around without lifting her face, and walked away without looking back. When she reached the fencer’s side, she placed two pieces of the dagger in his hands, entrusting him with it, while holding on to the third, triangular piece.

“Let’s go meet my brother and this blacksmith of yours.”

Zorlo put the pieces safely away before nodding and waving his hands in front of him. There was a small flash of light, but when it died down, there was a door standing there. The fencer turned the handle and pushed it open.

Raisha was surprised, of course, seeing Zorlo pull a door out from nowhere…leading to such a place, and to such a person; a man stood at the door, smiling, with bright gold eyes and black, flowing hair.

“Hey there,” he said.

“Rain…” she smiled as she stepped through, followed by the fencer. There was no doubt that this was Rain. She sent him different messages, and he responded in the way she knew.

“Where are we?” she asked.

The fencer looked around and spread out his arms, “Welcome to the Dome! Now if you’ll excuse me, I must prepare. You’ll find me when you both are ready.”

Zorlo nodded at them both before walking off.

The siblings were looking at each other and not at the rest of the dome. The reaper brought up her hand and opened it, showing her brother the small piece of Celestia.

“Come,” she said, “we have a lot to talk about.”

Tags
chinatown, rush