$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2007, 07:20 AM
Have you ever died and thought to yourself: "Why am I still thinking?"
Send a message via AIM to Quark Send a message via Skype™ to Quark
Steam ID: koolgool

View Posts: 28,739
Re: Skies of Blood [Ciroton]

So much talk, he himself had said more than he wanted to. Now was the time for action; they would both throw down their masks and show their true faces. The gloves were off, the fight was on. Only holding back what was necessary, the rest was the real thing. Nothing to gain and nothing to lose.

His blade subtly grew an inch longer as he loosened his grip. Relax and the battle would flow naturally. He scanned the street without moving: Void of all pedestrians. There was a cat in the alley behind him, the girl several meters in front of him, a building directly behind her, dirt road under his feet, cart full of fruit to his right. Not much.

He could tell the girl was waiting for him to make the first move. Why did people these days like to wait so much? He didn’t have much of a choice, though either way wouldn’t have mattered to him. The ending would still be the same.

He lurched forward, only a fraction of his fastest speed. He heaved his blade back and swung low, cutting through the ground like butter. The dark blade latched on to the ground, and as it left the dirt road it sent a large spike of hard rock toward the girl. He disappeared before he knew if his attack landed, then reappeared to the girl’s right. He ran forward without taking a breath. Fast and relentless was his method, and he tended to stick to it.

-=========}xxxx[] Denizens of My Brain []xxxx{=========-
{Quark's Intermittent Art Vomitorium}
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Tomorrow is a new day. Why let it be the same as the day before?
Send a message via AIM to Ciroton Send a message via Skype™ to Ciroton
View Posts: 14,812

With almost no effort at all, the woman evaded the spike of earth, shouting “Olay!” as though she had just dodged a bull. It seemed as thought the man’s sword had a different effect with each element it came into contact with. She began to wonder what would happen should it meet darkness when the man appeared on her right, charging with impressive speed.

He rose the blade high in the air, as though aiming to chop her cleanly in half. However, using Vaskalen she intercepted the blow without looking. With a blade as dark as his, nothing could really be hidden from her. At least, she thought so.

“My turn,” she said cheerfully. Jumping backwards, she made enough room for the coming attack. “Bloodwave Blade,” continued Mioska. When she swung the sword again, a red wave of energy went flying towards the man. She doubted it would hit, what with his speed, but the attack had a different purpose: To show she was not playing any longer.

Not to her surprise, when the smoke from the damaged building cleared, she found the man still standing for one second, then gone the next. The only thing she couldn’t tell at this point was where exactly he would strike.

The crowd of invisible demons on the roof cheered, yet soon they would want more bloodshed, and they would get what they want.

(Forgot who made the sig. Sorry. =/)

Voices from the back of my mind~!
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2007, 02:30 PM

So now Vaskalen’s true power was being revealed. Given it was easy to avoid; it still looked like it would have done quite a bit of damage if it were to hit him. Still, it was nothing but a mere magic trick, nothing quite so special about it.

He had teleported out of the energy blast’s way, and now was in the air above the girl, falling fast with the weight of an entire caravan. He swung his blade low as he came down. The girl jumped to the side, narrowly avoiding his attack. He crashed into the ground, his increased weight cracking the earth, throwing dust into the sky.

The moment his feet hit the dirt, he vanished. Mioska wheeled around just in time to parry his oncoming strike. How was it possible for her to read him like this? He didn’t find it troubling, just rather interesting. Their blades struck a second time right before he disappeared, coming at her from behind once again; this time swiping for her legs. With a short hop, she avoided it with little difficulty. However, her landing was in a black vortex instead of the ground. She fell through as if a trapdoor had opened beneath her, and she was gone.

He turned form where she was standing, and looked up to see where she was falling. His exit portal opened high in the air, fifty feet or so. Without stopping to gape at his handiwork, he fazed away and into the air, his blade ready to greet her before she hit the ground.

#24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 PM

What an interesting ability: making portals to move both yourself and foe alike to suit your aim. Mioska now felt as if this guy would prove to be a challenge after all, a rare occurrence indeed. As the man prepared for his mid-air strike, the woman had already devised a plan to both escape further harm and not reveal anymore of her power, at least not yet.

Blade met blade in yet another eerie clash of two formidable foes, neither one of them holding back any longer. The crowd of demons cheered as the woman used the force of the impact to spiral through the air and land safely on her feet. From now on, she would have to be more careful of those pesky portals.

Showing him no quarter, Mioska rushed the man head-on. Nonetheless, all of her attempts to injure the strange man failed, easily blocking her blows as she did his. Vaskalen began to grow a little concerned. If even his strongest pawn was matched by one of the mortal plain, perhaps its plan of domination would be harder attained then it first thought. Giving one last strike, the woman backed off again.

There has to be some sort of weakness I can exploit. Maybe he has an irrational fear of cupcakes? Mioska thought as she awaited his turn to be the aggressor.

The man disappeared into another one of his portals, how predictable. Expecting another attack from the rear she wheeled on the spot, ready to counter-attack with a second’s notice.

#25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 AM

Ooc: Shortest post of all time.

Bic:

Yes, just as he was expecting. He’d lured her into a pattern, now she was expecting his attack from behind, when in reality all he did was disappear and reappear in the same spot. Wasting no time, he charged forward the instant he reappeared. She was already fully turned the other direction, she had no time to turn back now. In a flash he thrust his blade into the girl’s back.

Ooc: Despite the blade's immense power, I'm assuming Mioska will be able to recover without much difficulty. If not let me know and I'll change this post. ;P

#26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2007, 07:59 PM

OoC: Yeah, she'll recover. =P

BiC:
Cold metal pierced her body from behind, going through organs and bones and out the other side. It was a cowardly, yet clever move on the man’s part. As she felt the blade getting pulled out of her body, she decided it would be best to play along. After all, such a prime opportunity at a sneak attack would never happen again, or for a very long time at the very least.

With all the skill of a seasoned actress, she dropped to her knees and forcibly coughed up blood. After a few seconds of that, she fell to her side, letting the blood pool around her as though she would meet death again for a second time. She had yet to learn the man knew she was already dead, otherwise, she would not have wasted the time putting on such a stellar performance.

She began to shiver as the rain continued to fall, acting as though all feeling was leaving her body. Surely if this didn’t convince him she was dying, nothing was. However, the man continued to watch, as though making sure she was dead. She could play that game too. Mioska started letting in quick, shallow breaths as though he pierced her lung, which he did, but that was beside the point at this stage.

Adding another cough here and there, she began to slowly close her eyes, as though starring death in the face. The demons in the audience began to cry in anguish as their champion lay dying at their feet. Or so she allowed them to believe. Drawing in one more breath, she exhaled, close her eyes, and stopped moving. Hopefully, this was enough to convince the man she was dead.

#27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-22-2007, 05:43 PM

He watched the girl cough up blood as her body began to slow to a halt. He knew he didn’t kill her, but it sure seemed like it. This woman was already dead, he figured that out a while ago realizing that it was part of the reason her brain was difficult to read. Even though there seemed to be another reason as well, the fact that her brain was hard to read was because it wasn’t alive. It wasn’t unnatural, she was merely a pawn anyway; undead were usually always the pawns of their masters.

He stared at her lifeless body, knowing fully well it was filled with a different sort of life. She could have been an actress in her past life. He’d give her the hook tonight, pull her off stage and throw her into the gravel. For now, he was the critic playing the part of the audience, even though it wouldn’t be that way for much longer.

He turned his back on the living corpse and slowly began to walk off, in a false satisfaction with her death. As expected, he could see her standing to her feet without having to turn around. She was quiet, he’d give her that. If he didn’t know any better, he wouldn’t have been able to tell she was up to anything. He’d let her move, but he couldn’t promise her attack a successful one.

#28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-23-2007, 01:42 PM

Finally deciding to heal her wounds, Mioska stood up as silently as she could. A small grin spread across her face as she saw the man walking away. It seemed easy, too easy in fact. She couldn’t tell why at the time, but something felt amiss about the way he just walked away, not checking for a pulse or anything like that.

There was no time to evaluate this feeling. She had to attack, before he noticed she was up and about. Fortunately for her, the man had walked into a dark ally, the perfect place to strike. Silently, she walked over to the nearest shadow she could find. Then, the next second she was gone, her body now blended with the shadows around her. It was all too easy.

Dispersing her aura to every shadow, just in case he could sense them, Mioska silently jumped from shadow to shadow until she caught up with him. The man had stopped in the middle of the darkened ally, possibly trying to hear for any movement coming from the woman. It was all too simple for her, however, it was boring to kill outright like this, nor was it very fair. Instead, she turned the shadow underneath the man’s feet into spikes that suddenly shot through his foot.

#29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-03-2007, 06:19 PM

He vanished to a nearby rooftop the moment he feet were hit. The spikes had only broken the surface, though it wouldn’t have mattered much if they went clean through either. It stung a little, though he had received far worse injuries in the past. His feet automatically repaired themselves as watched his adversary from a distance. His immature longing to play games overpowered his need to move on, thus he let himself open to further play with the girl’s abilities. Maybe he didn’t have to rush. After all, fate had already been written, and he’d seen fate’s face, so no matter what he did, his destiny would come to fruition. There was no need for hurrying; he could draw this challenge out a little longer.

Despite his attentiveness, he couldn’t quite determine how the girl attacked. It was either generated from spikes from the ground, or spikes from something else. He couldn’t feel any of the sand from the dirt road in his wound; in fact he couldn’t feel any materiel left over from the attack. It was either a form of aero or dark magic.

He fazed back into the streets, just outside the alley, deciding to return before the girl grew bored with his absence. She turned to face him immediately; again her ability to detect him was unusual.

His mask wasn’t working right now. Oh how she loved to torment him.

He grabbed the demonic covering by the eyeholes, tugged, and let it drop. It was hindering his vision anyway.

Ooc: Curse you, school! Forcing all my CJ's out on a stupid assignment. >.> Due to my CJ shortage, my character's just given you a get out of jail free card. Use it wisely.

#30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2007, 07:20 PM

OoC: Blah. Stupid school. >_<

BiC:
I thought there was something odd about that squirrel, Mioska thought in her twisted head. Usually, some of her victims had no faces after she finished with them. What a nice change of pace.

A man with no face? Vaskalen said to itself. Highly unusual indeed. Still, it makes no difference. Misoka, you may use some of my attacks now.

“Okay, Mr. Toothpick,” the disturbed woman said before slipping into the shadows once again. Moving about in the shadows, the woman moved around freely in the darkness provided by the overcast sky. Sneaking up on a man like this would seem unfair, so Mioska materialised right in front of him. Another smile spread across her face, one that would send a chill down a normal man’s spine.

“Mr. Toothpick says I can finish this now if I want. You were a good dance partner, but I’m afraid you’ll have to die now.”

#31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-07-2007, 09:38 PM

“Mr. Toothpick says I can finish this now if I want. You were a good dance partner, but I’m afraid you’ll have to die now.”

“I’m so sorry miss, I apologize for my hindrance.” He said with a slight intentional sarcasm put into his voice, “If I must die, by all means kill me.” He held his arms open as if accepting her execution willingly. He was losing his cool and falling back to his childish ways, She didn’t like it when he did that.

The pawn suddenly lashed her sword, slicing clean through where he enemy stood, only a mere white mist now. He appeared behind her, but vanished before even taking action, appearing and landing a kick to his enemy’s right, before she even had time to swing a second lash. He lurched forward as she stumbled backward, raising his blade once more.

#32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2007, 05:01 PM

Quickly rolling out of his way, the crazy woman slashes at his leg. However, her effort was in vain seeing as how the Hellfire Sword passed through the mist. It never expected this situation, this man, although different, seemed to be on the same level as the man in the green cloak. If that were true, even Mioska would have exceptional difficulty defeating this person.

Do whatever you need to kill this guy off! Vaskalen whispered in anger to his pawn.

Gripping the sword tightly, sharp teeth sprung out of the blade as the woman charged at her opponent who vanished in a portal. Closing immediately behind him, she was only left to guess from which angle he would attack next. Would it be from behind, below, above, or from the sides. Neither really anticipated a frontal assault, yet they kept it open as a possibility. There was no telling what this enemy would do, or what they were capable of.

#33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2007, 06:59 PM

Okay, fresh from the boiling black cauldron and he was already losing his proper mannerisms. He had to keep Her will in mind and couldn’t act like a child anymore.

He recomposed his posture within his brief hiding spot atop a nearby roof before teleporting back into the street, from behind as he figured his enemy would look first anyway. She made eye contact with him, or more precisely contacted him with her eyes. Taking the sign that she could see him, He dashed toward the woman, and then suddenly veered to the right into an alley. As soon as he was out of sight, he teleported into the alley across the street and back toward her again, a seemingly useless motion. He grew close to her before teleporting once more, behind her where she turned and prepared for an attack. Getting close enough to kill, he disappeared. He reappeared above her head with his sword pulled back, but the moment she saw him he vanished once more, appearing from the side, then suddenly from the other side, then he was somewhere far down the street, in the air again, on a building, behind her, in front of her, to the right, the left again, the sky, the ground, the door, the alley. He was everywhere.

By the time his rapid teleporting finished, the entire street was filled with a thick white mist, perfect conditions to see when you have no eyes.

He teleported at last stationed in front of the pawn, standing and unmoving. What may seem to her like a meaningless “dance” as she put it earlier had filled the entire street with a thick and tangible fog. This fog was his. He wasn’t sure if she could see him or not, but he tipped his hat and turned around, then ran in the opposite direction.

A portal materialized behind the girl and a fast blade lunged through it, then from a portal in front of her, then above, then to the left and right, and below. Doorways to nothing but a rapidly stabbing sword.

#34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2007, 01:25 PM

Voids of darkness surrounded the Hellfire sword and its pawn, each one sporting the blade of a rapidly stabbing sword. It would seem that this person was quite powerful in their own right, perhaps more so then the Devil’s Blade perceived. He had to at least be near the level of the green cloaked man that had humiliated it so, which meant that things would look pretty grim if its pawn messed up even once. Still, it would be hard for her to mess up that bad. The worst case scenario being if they got separated from each other.

Its pawn giggled a little as on of the blade cut through her shoulder, amused by his little trick. However, when one went through her skull, the party was literally over. Holding her head in what little pain she could register, a fierce and determined look played across her face. Undaunted by the thick fog that surrounded the battlefield, her body evaporated and moved into the shadows.

Reforming at the next intersection along the fleeing faceless’ path, she playfully extended her leg when he came close. Felling his foot make contact, she wheeled in front of him with the intention of stabbing his face. However, he seemed to foresee the event, and grasp the Hellfire Sword in his hand. Hellfire suddenly spread across the surface of the blade, as though trying to melt the metal hands the faceless had.

“No offence, but,” the servant started. “Your fighting style is so boring. Portals are nice, but you sure overuse them” She added with another disturbing smile.

#35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2007, 03:18 PM

He knew what move she was planning when she stepped out in front of him, but he let it happen. He just wanted a closer look at that blade.

“No offence, but,” the servant started. “Your fighting style is so boring. Portals are nice, but you sure overuse them” She added with another disturbing smile.

He wanted to chide back at her weak comment with a sarcastic reprimand, “Oh yes, of course, and your vastly complicated stand-in-awe method is infinitely more intriguing than my own.” But he knew there would be no point. In fact he barely heard the pawn’s words, he just held on to the hellfire blade as it scorched his already ashen, metallic hands. He didn’t recognize the pain at first because it felt so much like his own blade’s power when he first received it. It was a nostalgic sensation. But soon, it began to hurt like it was supposed to.

At his angle he could see every detail on the Vaskalen blade. He could feel the presence of an entity living inside this sword; he could sense life and death, not unlike the grave itself. He was already so close to the sword’s gaping hole, and if he wanted to he could poke his nose through it, given he had a nose. Instead, he pulled his head back and rammed it as hard as he could into the cracked wound in the blade. A loud clang struck through the air as the sword dropped to the ground and he was thrown back. His head burst open at the forehead, a large amount of nothing pouring from it. He teleported himself back to his feet before striking the ground, eying Vaskalen on the ground. His head began to repair before the pain had completely subsided. Doing such a crazy move was never pleasant, but usually gratifying.

His grip tightened on his sword and he let its own power emanate freely. As long as She didn’t play any games with him, he would let Her power flow.

#36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2007, 03:49 PM

Oh? This guys immortal too? Yay! That means I get to have some real fun! Mioska thought as she felt her master slip between her fingers. When the faceless jumped back, she made no attempt to reclaim it. Instead, she looked at the faceless as though he were a childhood friend. “You’re an immortal too?” She inquired although she knew the answer. “Yay! That means I don’t have to worry about killing you too soon.” Still smiling, darkness and shadow converged to her open palms, slowly taking the shape of twin swords made of naught but shadow.

“… That also means I won’t be able to kill you like master wishes. Ah well, let’s just say first one knocked out loses, ‘kay?” Mioska continued, tilting her head with that last word. However, the faceless continued his silence much to her dismay. Shrugging after a few seconds of silence, she jumped backward and dashed to Vaskalen.

“Mr. Toothpick can stay in his housey while I deal with the big meanie.” The disturbed woman continued. Sheathing the Hellfire sword while maintaining the two shadow swords, she looked down to the faceless who remained on the ground. This’ll be fun! She thought as she awaited his next move.

#37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2007, 04:54 PM

She may not want to play games, but this pawn was definitely in a playful mood. Apparently she was immortal, which meant this battle was futile. What could he gain from this? He could leave right now, but it would leave him unsatisfied. He could play along with the girl and enjoy a friendly spar, but that was most definitely not on his agenda. The sword wielding the girl, Vaskalen… that was its name: It was obviously quite powerful and had no desire of being held by someone who it didn’t want touching it. In that case, there was no use trying to knock the girl out and take it because it didn’t want to be taken. The sword itself wasn’t much of threat being wielded by this girl, the worst it could do was destroy a village or two.

He snatched his mask off the ground next to his feet, setting it back into the front of his head. Again it was a part of him, forming his face. Wind picked up from behind him, blowing his long red hair forward toward the slave he faced. He further studied girl through the eye sockets of his mask. She looked ready for a fight, a playful smirk playing across her lips. What was she thinking? She goaded him and wanted to kill him earlier, but now she suddenly acted as if he were her friend. It seemed that again that sword of hers had a strange power over her. Possibly over the years that it had control over her, her mind was twisted away from her happy, friendly self and mutated into what fit Vaskalen the best. Upon listening to her thoughts, things felt a little different, but not much of her past was in her current train of thought. Of course there could possibly be a whole other story behind her he wasn’t getting, but it didn’t matter. Hell wouldn’t fall from the sky today.

“Well, pawn, this game of chest has ended in a stalemate.” He said through her mind. “I cannot die. You cannot die. So tell me: Why we must continue this useless charade?”

#38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2007, 05:31 PM

Rain continued to fall from the heavens, slowly burning off the fog that resulted from the nameless man standing in front of her. Why did he ask her this? Usually, people would keep on fighting with their life until she took it from them. Of course, this guy was immortal too, so it was a moot point. Nonetheless, it was still an interesting question.

“Why not?” Mioska replied. “It’s been so long since I’ve had anyone I can fight without them dying. Wouldn’t you be excited after about one hundred years of easy kills?” The shadow swords vanished from her hands, perhaps it was because of the feeling inside of her that said he didn’t want to continue. Jumping down to the street, she walked up to him and awaited his reply.

#39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2007, 08:28 PM

He let her hear his amused chuckle. She definitely was a little girl on the inside, which was sad coming from someone apparently over a hundred years old. “After a hundred years shouldn’t you have realized that the sole purpose of fighting is to kill?” He said firmly. “If you want to fight something that doesn’t die, you might as well continue killing everyone you fight because humanity itself can’t die, just its members. Just like how you could kill my arm temporarily, but soon it will be replaced by a new one. The deities prevent humanity from dying, whether those are the good or bad deities I’ll let you decide.” He paused for a moment and began to scan her hard-to-read thoughts again. “Why is it you kill, anyway? What do you fight for?”

#40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-22-2007, 08:57 PM

What a strange person this is, the disturbed pawn thought. Water dripped continuously from her long, damp hair as she contemplated the fadeless’ words. Why did she fight anyway? Was it to forget, orders, or absolute boredom? No, it had to be a mixture of the three, plus a few more that could not come to mind. “I guess it’d be a mixture of boredom, orders from Mr. Toothpick, and seeking a distraction from what will be a long eternity.” Looking up into the grandstands, she saw the demons booing her and throwing stuff while chanting what sounded like the word “fight”. She let out a shallow sight, having failed as an entertainer for her invisible audience.

Tags
blood, ciroton, skies