Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-12-2007, 05:18 PM
:]
Send a message via AIM to Cio Send a message via Yahoo to Cio Send a message via Skype™ to Cio
View Posts: 5,071
And so the Fun Began (Daru)

OoC: Well, since Orama loves to have fun, I thought we should set it in a place meant for fun. X3

BiC:

There's nothing like a good break from the usual kicking of asses to have a little me time. Me and the ladies that is. Andrew casually strode through a street, filled to the brim with games and shops alike. Though, it wasn't really a street, nor a boulevard. It was an amusement park.

To his left was a ferris wheel, standing high and twirling in a magical fashion. To his right was a roller coaster, from which squeals and screams could be heard. Behind him, he'd left the house of freaks, that, to him, weren't entirely that freaky. Heh, I've seen freakier things back home. And, in front of him, was the haunted house, the main attraction of the whole park. It was pretty obvious by the countless people making line.

Smoothing his hair back, he placed himself in the line, smiling dazzlingly to any woman who looked his way. In front of him were a brunette and a red head, both of which he found to be gorgeous. All the more reason for me to be on my A-game. He was about to make his move when they began speaking to each other, something that caught his attention.

“You know, I hear that they're issuing a challenge,” said the brunette, tone hushed. “To anyone who proves themselves in the haunted house.”

“Really?” the red head asked, intrigued. “What kind of challenge?”

Bending in closer, the first woman continued, “It's a challenge that involves searching the entire park, like a hunt for certain items. If you get them all, you get a really excellent prize.”

The other listened intently, having one more question lingering on her tongue, “How is it that the haunted house ties into this?”

“Well, anyone who isn't completely terrified can participate. Supposedly, it's one of the most frightening sites anyone will ever encounter,” the brown haired woman shivered from just thinking about it, and Andrew took this as the prime moment to work his suave nature.

“Now, now, any real man can come out of there without being scared. You can watch me do that just fine,” he tossed his hair to the side nonchalantly. “How's about if I make it out without being frightened, I'll take one of you lovely ladies for a night on the town?”

They both broke out into gentle chuckles. “Heh, if you can, why not? I doubt you will though,” the red head smiled at him, “But, if you do, I'll gladly go. It will show you have guts.”

Once more, he smiled at them, “Wonderful. Just watch me.” And, as he said that, he found they'd made it to the front of the line. A pair of coordinators began to usher them into seats for two.

Being himself, the demon hoped for a beautiful girl to sit next to him. In some stroke of luck, sitting next to him was indeed a female and she was indeed beautiful. She had long blonde hair with blue streaks arrayed in it. She was shapely and bore an excited smile. It just keeps getting better and better...

For once, an idea struck him. One that seemed excellent in more ways than one. He smiled, tone calm, “Why hello there, pretty lady. Want to get through this house without getting scared with me? Then we can take on the park's challenge and win wonderful prizes together..”
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Knights of Shame
View Posts: 821
Re: And so the Fun Began (Daru)

Orama looked up at the man with her innocent blue eyes. She knew he was a demon. She could sense it, and just looking at his size would give it away. But his evil energy was very minimal. She could tell he didn't want to cause any harm. He was just there for the females. However, Orama was no ordinary female, but this guy was cute so she thought she'd give him a shot.

"My name is Orama, and I have seen my share of wierd and creepy things. So sure. I'll get through this with you, but as for the challenges, we'll see. I'm very competitive and I would like to get the prizes for myself." She said, putting up a tough front.

Noticing that he may have a chance, the demon spoke with a grin. "Great, great lets do this then! My name is Andrew."

As he finished their seat kicked and started moving. One by one the seats in front of them disappeared into the darkness. Once they were engulfed by darkness the fun began. The two could hear screams up ahead. A bright light shined in their faces and then turned off. When their eyes adjusted figures came running out at them wearing creepy masks. Ha! They will have to do better than this to make me afraid. Orama thought as something flew over her head.

"Ahhh!" She screamed, clutching Andrew's huge arm then instantly letting go while clearing her throat acting as though it never happened.

The rest of the ride was good, but not too scary for a half-elf and a demon. Their adventures have led them through many worse things. The seat came out of the darkness and slowly stopped.

"Congradulations! You two have the oppurtunity to join our contest! Step right over here to sign up!" A tall skinny man said, wearing bright colors and a tall hat.

Orama and Andrew gave each other confused looks and shrugged. They made their way to the booth to sign up. After they finished the tall man led them to a waiting area with a few other qualifiers.

"Just have a seat in that cute couple chair over their and I will be right back to explain how it works in just a minute!" The man said with his funny voice.

"No, we aren't a coupl...e....." Orama tried to get out, but the man had left.

She looked over at the chair. The back was shaped like a heart and their was only room for two. Figures. She thought, following Andrew who had a big smile on his face.

Ooc: Well I left it kinda short. I dont know what you wanna do with this contest thing.

Caleb-sig/Me-button
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Send a message via AIM to Cio Send a message via Yahoo to Cio Send a message via Skype™ to Cio

OoC: 'Tis fine. Sorry for the wait.

BiC:

Really now, can this get ANY better? It seems like it can't. Winning this would be like the icing on the cake... Not that I can even eat the cake. After all, extra calories are a no in my diet. Smiling, he sat down on the pink chair they'd been motioned to. His hand gently patted on the empty seat next to him for Orama to sit. “Come, come. The seats really comfortable.” With a smile like his, he expected her to do just as he suggested, especially with his charisma and physique. I'm so irresistible.

Naturally, that being the only seat, the woman planted herself down. Looking around, most likely waiting for the odd man to return, she spoke, “Yeah, I guess it is comfortable.”

The demon nodded, glad that small talk was being made, regardless of how small it was. “I'll say. Considering it looks so fruity with the heart, it still does well on the cushiony factor.” He lay back, hands behind his head and elbows out stretched, giving him a very lax look, while accentuating his muscles. Having been through the 'wooing process', as he called it, so many times, he had everything down perfectly.

“Heh, yeah. Pretty soft too,” her hands ran across its red, velvet surface. “But, why would they have couple chairs?”

“Very simple, little lady,” the tall man from before, nearly bounced in. “Several strong willed couples, such as yourselves, make it through our little house together. They're so adorable, we simply can't pry them apart for our little challenge. Plus, don't you think they're just perfectly fashionable?”

“Says the man who wears lime green and orange...” Andrew couldn't help but mumble that under his breath as he turned away, saying it only so that Orama could hear him. After a chuckle from her, he smiled, knowing he'd done his job there.

In turn, the oddly adorned man laughed as well, “What's so funny?” He asked innocently, not expecting to get a straight answer if any at all. So, when the demon answered bluntly, he was taken aback.

“We're discussing the countless flaws of your terrible wardrobe,” he had said, instigating a glare, but nothing more.

Gritting his teeth and baring a smile, he said, “Hah, isn't that nice? Now, let's just get down to business. The contest is simple. It is a scavenger hunt around the entire park. It will lead you from attraction to attraction showing you more clues as you go on. You'll have until closing hours to solve it and give me the object that you were led to at the end. If you're right, you shall get your reward. If you're wrong, well, better luck next time.”

With that, the demon interrupted with, “Any restrictions other than time?” Inside, he wanted to know if he could go to extreme measures here. It was only natural with a female that needed to be impressed.

“Not that I know of...” he cocked his head slightly. “If there aren't any more questions, I'll give you your first clue.”

They were both handed a single slip of paper, about the size of a fortune in a cookie. On it were the words, “Go to the fair games to find your first real clue. Find the game where the goal is to be rid of all the obstacles that stand in your way.”
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Knights of Shame

"Well what game could that be?" Orama questioned looking up at the huge man.

"Getting rid of all obstacles in my way eh? Sound like my life!" Andrew exclaimed, popping his chest out.

Rolling her eyes Orama hopped up and motioned for Andrew to follow. "Come on. We have to win this!"

The demon remembered his goal, and hopped to his feet ready to win this for the little lady. When he stood Orama was slighty impressed that he listened to what she said. She smiled, then led the way through the crowd to where the games where.

"Ok Andrew, which one could it be?" The mage said while scanning the game stands. There was a fishing game, darts, pin the tail on the donkey, and a game where you throw a ball to knock down the pins standing on on another.

"Thats it! Get rid of the obstacles to get the clue!" Orama jumped up and down, pointing at the game stand.

Andrew knew this was the prime time to show his strength. "I got it." He said while recieving three balls from the cashier, giving back two. "I only need one." He smirked while lineing up his shot.

He wound up with his huge right arm, and then released. The ball went flying into the pins, impossible to follow. The pins disinigrated and there was a hole left at the back of the game stand. Orama started clapping, and the cashier handed Andrew the next clue with an angry look on his face.

The clue read: Have you ever wondered why a clown wears that big fake red nose?

Ooc: I dont care that you take awhile, if you dont care that mine is short! haha

Caleb-sig/Me-button
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2007, 04:37 PM

OoC: Ack, this really took forever. X-x Terribly sorry.

BiC:

Andrew's immediate response was, “Why, yes, yes I have!” He turned to Orama and smiled, “You really can't say you haven't. I mean, it's the complete opposite of what any sensible person would wear and it screams fashion disaster.” After those slight words of wisdom, he nodded solemnly and began to walk. “To the circus tent.”

The duo shuffled off, walking side by side to the bright orange and red tent which so crazily swayed in the slight breeze. It was one of those things that, even if you were clinically blind, you probably wouldn't miss. Not only was it incredibly wide, but it stood at nearly the same height as the ferris wheel. “Not too hard to find, eh?” the woman standing next to him chuckled a bit upon seeing the gargantuan thing loom over them.

“Not too hard at all!” he flashed another smile and his stride became more grand, if at all possible. This whole challenge was just another opportunity for him to impress any females that happened to be standing with the general vicinity. Lucky for him, he seemed to be working his magically brilliantly with his partner. Oh, yeah. I'm on the top of my game.

It wasn't long before they reached the flapping pieces of multicolored cloth that made the entrance to the big top. Andrew stepped forward, holding a piece back and waving his arm to usher her in gentlemanly. “Why, thank you,” she said, entering with a smile.

The demon couldn't help but smile to himself as he entered, knowing full well that he was a lady's man and proud of it. Ducking as he entered, the swordsman followed her, suddenly being bombarded by sounds, sights and smells the nature of which screamed 'fun'.

His ears suffered from the loud screaming of the crowd and the bright colors which were so vibrantly put up for all to see. Elephants were parading around with girls in tights so easily forming a pyramid on their backs. Men on unicycles spun around him, honking horns which emitted a shrill 'honk'. “Hey, Orama,” Andrew began, not able to hear himself over the roar of the audience, “Orama!” He yelled out, placing a hand gently on her shoulder, “Let's find that clown before we lose our sanity!”She nodded, vigorously, though with a grin that showed she wasn't entirely hating this.

The pair of warriors traveled through the crowd awkwardly, stumbling every few feet due to the immense about of squirming within the tent. The walls were line with people, only a few stands provided as seats. Most of them were scattered on the ground, packed, body to body. Normally, the demon would enjoyed this thoroughly especially given the number of females in the group of people, but not today. Today he was on a mission. Not a particularly important mission but a mission none the less.

“Move it, people!” he pushed through each clump of people, occasionally stopping to nod to a cute girl or two. And, after a few huff and puffs, they had breached to the other side, standing right before the performance itself. He lept onto the elevated stage and stormed over to the clown, which seemed to have been jumping up with excitement a moment before. “Okay, you! I found you!”

He had an accusatory stance and a finger was pointed at his nose. With a lunge, his fingers gripped around the clown's bright red circular nose. His face bore a malicious grin, “Why do you wear this nose?”

All the clown did in response was honk a horn situated on his shoulder and stare at the demon wide eyed. Everyone had stopped cheering and turned their attention to the fiasco Andrew had caused. Even the balancing women on the elephant fell.

“That answer isn't good enough,” he retorted and plucked the nose right off, only to see a small roll of paper fall down. “Huh?” Dropping the nose and bending down, he picked the paper up with his thumb and forefinger. Carefully, he unrolled it, only to see another clue that read: “What do you want to eat that's sweet, sticky, and melts in your mouth?”

He couldn't help but think, Obviously something that's not in my diet...
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Knights of Shame

"Oh I know this one! How easy!" Orama shouted as she found herself throwing her arms around Andrew.

The demon smiled a very egotistical smile. The mage froze, and took in the fact that she was hugging this man in front of an entire tent of people. Her face turned three shades of red, and she instantly let go. Taking a couple of steps back she looked at the crowd.

"Umm...Its...Its not like that!" She said while she dove off stage and crawled under the side of the tent in embarrassment.

"Thankyou ladies. . .and gentlemen." Andrew smiled as he followed Orama under the tent, leading to a small ally like place between the circus tent and another.

"It wasn't that bad was it?" Andrew said while looking at his built chest.

The mage sighed. "No,. . . I just dont like being the center of attention while im hugging someone thats all.

"Ok, ok, I will leave it alone. Now, did you say you know what the clue was talking about?" The demon asked more seriously.

Orama remembered that she was participating in a game and looked up at the beast of a man.

"Oh yes. I do! I do know what it was talking about!" She paused and then smiled bigger. "Cotton Candy!!!" She shouted.

"Oh that pink stuff? You know how many calories is in that?"

Her smile faded into a frown. "Yeah but. . .it taste so good. I love it."

"Well, you are beautiful so you have nothing to worry about! You can eat as much as you want!" Andrew grew a big smile.

"Really? You think so?. . .Thanks Andrew!" She grabbed his big hand. "Come on then! To the concession stands." Pulling his hand she led the way.

It wasn't hard to find the area with food. The smell could lead a person without scent straight towards it. As they entered the little plaza they began to read the signs. They read some that said HOTDOGS, and others that said PIZZA! But finally, at the other end of the square they spotted a big pink stand that read THE WORLD'S BEST COTTON CANDY!

"There!"Orama pointed, still dragging Andrew along behind her.

A strange man, who was nothing but skin and bones stood up form his chair.

"What can I get for a sweet young couple like you." The man eyed the duo.

"Oh, we aren't together, but we would like some cotton candy please." Orama spoke staring at the pink clouds behind the counter.

"Oh, you are single miss?" The man spit into his hand and wiped back his hair. "Well what can I do to you, Oh I mean, for you." The strange man stared at Orama's chest as she looked at the cotton candy.

Orama caught him and folded her arms over her chest and backed behind Andrew. The demon was upset that the man treated his freind with such little respect and stepped up to the counter, leaning over to the man.

"The lady said she wanted some cotton candy. So I suggest you give her some freaking cotton candy." The man listened while swallowing the scared spit in his mouth.

"Here you are. eh, and its on me ok?" The man sat back in his chair, trying not to look the big demon in his eyes.

Andrew handed Orama the cotton candy and led her to a near by bench to sit and enjoy it.

"Thanks alot. I hate when guys do that. I could easily kick his but if I wanted, but that wouldn't prove anything, so thankyou!" She smiled at Andrew as the first bite of cotton candy began to melt in her mouth. "Want some?" She offered.

Andrew simply shook his head and said. "No thanks. It doesn't go well with my diet."

A few moments and some small talk later, Orama had finished her cotton candy. Hmmm Where could the clue be? She asked herself while turning the empty white cone in her hand. Suddenly, the cone came undone which revealed a messege inside.

"The view from atop the fariswheel is truely a sight to see!"

Caleb-sig/Me-button
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-02-2007, 03:57 PM

OoC: Sorry for the wait. :3

BiC:

Andrew smiled down at the wrinkled sheet of paper, “The ferris wheel, eh? Sounds exciting.” Orama gave him a look which only showed that she was already feeling the excitement and quickly grabbed his hand to run off again. He let loose a low chuckle, and began to run with her, the duo heading toward the largest thing in the entire park. It was practically impossible to miss.

With some quick maneuvering on their parts, they made it back out of the food area, necks craned to see the looming wheel spin 'round and 'round. They exchanged a glance and the demon flashed one of his smiles. Both promptly began a brisk pace, the swordsman smiling at a few female passerbys. An air of confidence overcame him, much like it always did when he felt like impressing someone.

Not now, he convinced himself with a a smile, Wait until the opportune moment... And, with that thought, the line for the ferris wheel came into view. While the line was considerably shorter than that of the haunted house, Andrew didn't plan on waiting for it. The mission... he kept reminding himself. Whether the mission in mind was that to impressive Orama or merely to win the prize at the end of the proverbial rainbow, it was yet to be obvious.

He planted himself at the end of the line, pretending to look impatient with a slight tap of his toe. Despite the annoyed look he got from the person in front of him, he persisted, the tapping getting louder. his blonde companion arched an eyebrow, wondering what he was doing, perhaps not finding the sound pleasing either. He gave her a wink and a smile, the volume going up yet again.

By now, the person in front of him had wheeled around, showing themselves to be enraged. “Stop that!” The person was male, explaining why the demon hadn't halted, and large, more so than than the swordsman himself. Now, while this would be seen to be an incredibly idiotic decision executed by an incredibly dim witted man, the reasoning behind it was more than Andrew had achieved in a while.

“Stop what?” he retorted, face bearing an expression of pure innocence. His foot, still tapping, resonated in all three of their ears.

A rather stubby finger pointed at his foot accusingly, “That! I've had enough. Are you really in such a damn hurry?”

The demon placed a large hand on his chest, recoiling falsely, “Why, I can't believe someone would get mad over such a thing! And, for your information, I am. So, if you wouldn't mind letting me go first...”

“Why, how dare you have the audacity to say that! I would never--” he stopped, abruptly, mouth wide open in an angry pose.

'What's that!?” Andrew yelled, interrupting him and pointing off into the distance. And, with that, he grabbed Orama's arm and plowed through the rest of the line, making it through to the front just as they were boarding more people. “Aren't I a genius? I knew I couldn't push past that big guy, but the others were easy,” he smiled smugly. While most people that knew him would probably laugh their heads off, his companion nodded rapidly, obviously not having spent enough time to realize him for the unintelligent being he was..

“That was wonderful,” she said, as they were piled into a small, mostly open, seat for two. “And, I can't wait for the ride to start!”

And, as soon as the door swung shut, the small carriage began to sway back and forth a bit. The demon could feel Orama latch on to his arm as they ascended on the ride. The park below them looked so minuscule and grew smaller and smaller. Andrew craned his neck up, seeing the top approach. “We're almost there,” he pointed out, needlessly.

Just as he 'foreseen', they had reached the top of the ferris wheel, having a view of the entire park. And, unexpectedly, the ride stopped, almost knowingly.

“We stopped?” he asked, looking down and around, unsure if this was part of the game. A slight tug of his arm, made him turn to Orama, noticing that she was pointing, “Look!”

Indeed he did look, only to see that in a small patch of flowers a pattern was made out of the bright red ones, making an arrow. There were no words, but it was obvious as to where it led. “The house of mirrors,” the demon breathed out. This is great! I can fix my hair and make sure my pores aren't too clogged. Plus, who wouldn't want to look at me over and over again?

Tags
began, daru, fun