Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-20-2006, 06:44 PM
:]
Send a message via AIM to Cio Send a message via Yahoo to Cio Send a message via Skype™ to Cio
View Posts: 5,071
Upon the Wings of a Battle (Spartan-117)

OoC: Sorry... I know I said I would have it up yesterday, life likes to intervene... ;;>>

BiC:

On the wings of a dragon one can feel the wind brush against your face, the world fold beneath your feet... not that it doesn't already do that,” a blue eyed woman thought, calmly as she soared through the sky upon the arched back of her dragon, avoiding the spines protruding every couple of inches along the winged creature's back. Her purple hair flew behind her, letting the air play with it freely. She let her head press against the hard scales of the dragon, “Isn't that right, Mindgleam?

All she got in response was a grunt and a spiral through the air, signifying that it agreed, in its own mindless way.

Meghana smiled, knowingly. “Of course, it's right. Not that you could object... Poor creatures, dragons are. They have wings to fly away, but can never use them to their own accord, quite tragic.

The creature's silver eyes shot her a glance, and, in response, all the illusionist did was gently pat it.

“There, there, no need to fret.”

Traveling the world aboard her dragon wasn't exactly the pastime that the tamer had in mind, but none the less, she enjoyed it. It was a refreshing change of pace, compared to the usual walking. The sky provided a comfort unlike any other. For once, she felt like her dream worlds were close enough to grasp.

“You should be happy, Mindgleam, you have wings. What do I have? An imagination and you.”

The beast flapped harder, acknowledging this fact.

“You know, that gave me an idea for a new character.”

She got another look from the dragon, this time as though questioning her.

“Yes, a winged being. Perhaps an angel... a male and he would have blue hair, rather short. Nicely colored eyes, shimmering... gold.”

A roar came.

“I know, I know. It sounds like I'm taking this out of a book. But, you know, my mind might as well be a book.”

Another roar came.

“What is it?”

The dragon spiraled down, having seen something just below them, in an attempt to make Meghana aware.

“Something on the ground?” She got no response.

Within moments, they had landed firmly on the ground with a boom. She looked ahead, seeing what the creature had been stirring about.

A being, staring at her with golden eyes.

The illusionist got off of her dragon and stood there, in awe. “Character?”

OoC: ... My character is known to be clinically insane. XD
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-23-2006, 02:57 PM
He says I came not to send Peace but a Sword...
View Posts: 1,049
Re: Upon the Wings of a Battle (Spartan-117)

OoC: Hey, no problem, I am a patient guy. By the way, sorry for that certain "thing" that happened. I made sure it was taken care of.

BiC: "Wh-who are you?" the angel asked, demanding the illusionist's name.

"I am Meghana, and this dragon you see here is Mindgleam." Meghana replied, a bit confused. "Who are you?"

"I am Trigoon," the angel replied. "I have done nothing of what you see here, so leave me be."

"Why do you seem so scared?" Meghana asked Trigoon. "I did not come to hurt you, I only wondered if you were from my imagina..."

Suddenly, Meghana noticed the sword the angel was holding. The blade was covered in blood, as drops of the blood fell onto the earth and stained it. She then noticed behind him, and saw a body of a man, drenched in blood, scarred by, what appeared to be, a long blade, supposedly from a sword. Then Meghana realized what happened.

"You killed that man, didn't you?" She asked, shocked of the possible reply she may recieve.

"And if I did, then what?" the angel answered. "Will you kill me? Will you send me to Hell for my doing? Even if you do succeed, then I will still come back to take the lives of those who have taken lives of others."

"Even if he did kill someone, there is still no reason that he must die. He deserves redemption."

That word struck the angel through the heart. Redemption, the word that has been inscribed into the blade of his sword, so that he will never forget it. The word that bares no meaning to anything anymore, for the word does not exist...

"Never say that word again," Trigoon replied ferociously. "Do you hear me? Never say that word, that bares no meaning."

"That word does bare a meaning," the slim, amethyst-haired girl replied. "But I can see that you do not know what the word means, you heartless fiend."

"Call me what you will! Trigoon shouted, almost sounding as if he roared. The dragon looked at the angel, as if it had thought that the roar came from a creature and not with a human figure. "It will not change the reason that I have been sent here for."

What reason may that be, angel?" Meghana asked angrily. "To kill everyone you think deserves to die?"

"To kill those who do deserve to die," was Trigoon's answer. "Enough of this ridiculous arguement. If you will not gt out of my way, then I will not hesitate to take you down."

"Then so be it," she replied, moving into an offensive stance. Her hands started to glow, for she was ready to use her magic against the heartless angel.

Trigoon wiped his sword clean with the hairs from his helmet, which were of the same colour as the blood. I do not want to fight her, but she is in my way, and there is no other way but to get rid of her. "I am sorry, Meghana," the angel muttered, aware that she wouldn't hear him. "I truely am sorry."

OoC: Ok, sorry about the way it turned out, but I guess you could say that I was anxious to start the battle this way. Besdies, it makes both our characters fight their best, don't you agree?

Thanks to insaney for this awesome signature!
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-27-2006, 02:21 AM
Send a message via AIM to Cio Send a message via Yahoo to Cio Send a message via Skype™ to Cio

OoC: Sorry for the wait... ^^;;

BiC:

It was all occurring rather quickly, but Meghana found that this person only made for a more interesting character. Murderers... psh, rather typical, but it does add depth. Especially for an angel. She walked past Mindgleam, patting its head assuringly. I have a feeling I may need you for this... stay alert.

A snort came and the dragon stirred slightly, still not moving from its position. Its body was tense though it would not interfere with whatever was to happen unless absolutely needed. That judgment being the illusionist's decision.

“Trigoon, correct? Odd name... it's adequate. Perhaps it may even fit into my my story correctly with the proper measures. Though, that's enough delay on my part,” her eyes darted around their surroundings quickly, but slowly enough to allow the angel to see what she had done. No point in being inconspicuous.

In that quick run over the area, she gathered that it might be a bit more difficult that she had originally hoped it to be.

To put it simply, it was plain. Rocks scattered across the ground and small weeds grew out of cracks in the ground. The soil was rigged and dry, probably not having seen rain in at least a year. It cracked as she shifted her hold on the ground. She brought a slender hand up to her mouth to cover a devilish grin, all the while letting the corner of her smile show. Oh, how fun it is to flaunt every advantage you have...

She bent her knees, paying no mind to her opponent. When she got in this mood of hers, she would ignore all but her attempt to formulate a plan. With her free hand, she cupped up a small amount of dirt, if one could go so far as to call it that. Meghana looked it, taking it in as so much more than mere dust in the wind. To her, it was a method. A good one at that.

A small chuckle escaped her mouth as the idea had finally been sealed within her mind. She breathed out, “Finally.”

She tossed the soil in her hand aside and turned to face her dragon. “Mindgleam, I need you.”

The dragon's wings extended, knowing exactly what was to happen. The illusionist knew very well that the dirt was loose. So much so that once lifted, it would make for one of the best aids in battle. She nodded to her creature and its wings began to flap, growing in speed with each stroke.

As the beast worked, the field around it began to change, the air growing thick with dust. Meghana smiled innocently at Trigoon, “Time to make this a bit more... workable.”
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-28-2006, 06:56 PM

BiC: Trigoon was blinded by the thick cloud of dust that the dragon created. Smart thinking, Trigoon thought. I should have thought of that before.

But Trigoon knew that this attempt of the girl's could be used to his advantage, possibly more to his than her's. Trigoon took out a long piece of cloth from his pants pocket, and put it around his mouth and eyes to keep the dust from going into them. He held his gun lightly around it's handle, ready to take it out when necessary.

"How are you liking this, angel?" Meghana asked aloud, as she walked in the cloud of dust. "Were you expecting this from the start?"

There was no reply from the angel. Meghana began wondering about the angel. "Has he simply suffocated? Or is he waiting for me to come?"

She came deeper into the cloud of dirt, aware of the possibility of a trap. Suddenly, she rubbed against something smooth, hard as steel. She knew what it was.

Trigoon sliced his sword towards the faerie, but missed as she jumped away from the blade swipe. Trigoon then pulled out his gun and started to shoot at her. Meghana heard the gun fire, but wondered what that could be. She then felt a sort of piercing feeling going through her arm, painful but yet quick. She knelt down, holding the wound in her arm, trying to hold the pain in.

Meghana then heard footsteps, becoming louder and louder everytime they were heard. She then noticed the angel standing infront of her, holding the tip of the blade by her throat.

"Do you wish to give up now?" Trigoon asked the faerie. "Or is there something you wish to accomplish before your life ends?"

#5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-29-2006, 07:27 PM

Meghana looked up at him, not with disdain, nor with hatred, but with a joyful malice. Her teeth gritted, and a slight chuckle escaped her mouth, “Oh, this is much too fun to stop now, no?” Her gaze fell from his face, and down to where her arms gripped, pressing hard.

Blood trickled down her arm and she looked upon it, never losing her smile. “Psh, I know your type. They make great characters... Not necessarily great in terms of fighting, but rather in the aspect of depth. No matter deep you go, a character is nothing without those that think them up. Before long, your existence will be my book. Your life, that which I mold...”

In the background, Mindgleam kept flapping its wings, the uproar of sand continuing, nothing visible outside of a three feet radius. The wound stung as bead after bead of sand struck the tender area, still emitting crimson liquid.

With her new plan for a magnificent character, the illusionist brought her eyes up again, their blue sheen hazy in the down pour of sand. “Well, are you going to use that blade on my throat, or shall I simply get up?” she asked, motioning toward the blade hover before her throat.

Before he could respond, Meghana's magic went into effect.

While the angel wasn't looking, Mindgleam had been gathering sand in a precise location, waiting for the illusionist to do her stuff. This would be the first time that the tamer had ever attempted this sort of thing, but she'd decided that facing this opponent, it was worth a try.

Suddenly a burst of sand rose up between the blue haired man and Meghana and all that could be heard was the patter of grain after grain clashing against each other. The woman rose her voice, booming above, “Ready for a cascade of sand?”

Her magic flared up and the sand began spiral around her enemy, encasing him.

Heh... while this is intended to be used with liquid, Sorceress' Cascade seems so much more effective with sand...

In the confusion of the sand, Meghana staggered back, finding Mindgleam in the mess of wind. Her hand patted its head and, knowing what this meant, the wings stopped flapping.

The illusionist knew that the sand would cease soon, but Trigoon would still feel trapped. For that is the power of a good illusion.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-01-2007, 04:58 PM

BiC: Trigoon knew he was trapped in the cascade of sand that the purple-haired woman created, but he knew very well what was going on. The faerie does not want to trap him inside the cascade, but to make him think that he is trapped inside once the cascade dies down. Trigoon knew that all that he had to do for the moment was to wait until the wind that held the sand in the air dies down, and the sand falls to the earth, and then the fight shall continue.

Your attempt was well done, but I can see the truth. No one is able to manipulate my mind.

Then the cascade ended, and all was clear. Trigoon took off the cloth from his face that he used before to keep the sand from his face, and he sheathed his sword back. He looked at Meghana, and noticed that her victorious grin she had on before turned into a frown of disappointment. Trigoon smiled, and walked toward the faerie.

"How is this possible?" Meghana spoke angrily at the angel. "I created an illusion you cannot possibly see through! A mind and body I created from my imagination... cannot possibly see through my illusion! This is impossible!"

"It is impossible that you can manipulate my mind with these 'mind-tricks' of yours," Trigoon began. "It is impossible that I can be created from such a simple-minded being, such as yourself."

"What did you say?" Meghana's voice began to sound more like a lion's roar than a human's anger. Trigoon knew that he angered her with describing her as that word. "I am no 'simple-minded' being! I can create many things with my mind, many destructive forces, just with a thought! How can I be so simple-minded with these powers I possess?!"

"You did not create me, as you thought," Trigoon replied. "A far greater being formed me, and he is much more powerful than you, or I, or anyone in this world. No one is as powerful as he, for it is he who governs the world with his awesom power."

"Who can be so powerful? Who can govern this world? Who is this of which you speak?" Meghana asked the angel. "All of which you speak of is a lie!"

Meghana then sat on Mindgleam's back, and the dragon darted for the angel. Trigoon was ready to jump out of the way, but the dragon stopped infront of him, and started leaping infront of the angel, blocking any possible way of going around the large, winged beast. Then the dragon fell on Trigoon, and pinned his arms with it's claws. As best as he could, the angel tried his best to escape the grip of the dragon's claws, but it was no use - he was stuck under the grip.

OoC: Well, I gave you the opportunity for that Holy-based attack of yours. Just pull out the sword from my character's sheath, and use it for your attack. I'm curious as to what you will conjure up XD.

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2007, 09:54 PM

OoC: Sorry for the wait... ^^;;

BiC:

"Hpmh, think of my mind as simple all you want, but, in the end, a well suited mind is not the only thing one requires for battle. I believe that Mindgleam here is the perfect example of that. It thinks what I command it to, and yet, it overpowered you with ease," Meghana looked down at Trigoon from her perch on the dragon's back, "And having my dragon crush you will be all the sweeter.”

Having gathered a sense of security from the binding of her opponent, the tamer dropped down, landing with a thud. She strode toward the angel's side, smiling all the while. Spotting a sheath, she bent down, observing it, examining it.

“What's this? No, don't answer that. I know what this is, for, my simple mindedness knows no bounds,” she said, sneering at him. “This will do nicely.”

Ignoring any cries of protest that were coming out of his mouth, she unsheathed the sword, looking at the shimmering blade. Her eyes glistened in its bright gleam. The blue pools flickered, full of the joy which she would soon feel.

“Pay attention,” she instructed, plainly.

The sword began to become coated in a crystal-like substance, milky and opaque, starting at the tip of the blade, working its way down to the handle and guard. Just as it wormed to mere millimeters from her hand, she let go, the blade falling to the ground. Rising from it, came words, silk-like and creeping.

“A sword, a blade...
the sand, the wind...
Together they join,
making a being.
Together they spin,
creating a whirl.
Trapping all with its grasp.”

The sword, having landed on the ground, started to spin, rapidly, digging into the earth. The sand around it caved in, almost as if a domino effect had taken over the sand.

Meghana stepped back, or rather, lept back, not wanting to be in its path. “Well, let's see if you like the tricks that sand can play on you.”

Mindgleam let go of Trigoon, first making sure he was caught in the drift of the whirlpool of sand.

“You'll find that within the sand, there are things that are real, and those that are not. Can you discern them?”

OoC: Okay, so... he's trapped in the whirlpool. Meghana has made illusions to go along with it, and there are the things that are actually real. :3
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2007, 08:14 PM

OoC: You will have a hard time defeating my character. He can see through your illusionist's creations, for his mind cannot be manipulated. Anyways, let us continue.

BiC: Trigoon stood inside the whirlwind of sand, as he did before during this battle. He could not stop but wondering when this will be over. Does she even understand that her mind tricks will not work on me, for I see the truth? I have the powers of the Creator on my side, and He does not let me see with such blindness. Well, it cannot go on forever. Nothing in life ever perpetuates, not even such battles as this. He looked around, as grains of sand flew into his eyes, and wiping his eyes as they itched from the sand. Damn, I have to get out of here.

Then he heard something, like a sheet of cloth being opened up vigorously in the wind. It was faint to his ears, but he could hear such faint sounds if he ever tried. He looked up, and saw a shadow of a beast flying overhead. Looks like they are flying over me as I stand here like an idiot. Trigoon rubbed his chin, wondering what he should do. I don't think I have much of a choice, unless I want to wait the whole time.

With that in mind, he jumped up towards the shadow of the beast that circled him. He held the hilt of his sword in his hand, and his other hand hid behind him. You won't defeat a soldier of the Lord so simply, illusionist.

Then the blue-haired angel appeared infront of the dragon, swiping the blade of his sword at the beast. However, blood did not appear on his blade, only grains of sand. The beast did not yelp, as it should have when it would be struck by the angel's sword, but it turned to sand, and was picked up by the whirlwind beneath him. What is this? Trigoon was shocked to find that he was fooled by the illusion. This cannot be!

He then heard a roar from behind, and turned to see the illusionist on the back of her dragon. The real beast roared loudly, and shot its face at the angel, trying to bite him. However, he moved out of the way, to his right, before he could be attacked, and threw shurikens at the dragon's belly. The shurikens pierced the skin of the dragon, and the beast fell hard to the ground. The illusionist that sat on its back fell off, injuring herself as she rolled on the hard, sandy surface. The angel dropped to the ground, and looked at her in the eyes.

"You seemed to have fooled me with your illusions this time," Trigoon said to her. "Looks like I have underestimated your abilities."

"Damn you, angel," Meghana snarled. "You have hurt my dragon, and you have injured me in the process. However, I am not the only one who recieved scarring to my body."

Trigoon then felt wet on his left arm. He grabbed it, and his right hand became covered in blood. A large wound existed on his arm, bleeding endlessly. Damn, she got me! He felt pain shooting through his whole arm, making it feel as if it was numb.

He looked at Meghana, and saw a smile acros her face. "Looks like we are now even." she hissed. "Let's finish this now, so that you can die already!"

OoC: Well, what do you know. It seems that I have made an exception to my character's strength.. And he's also covered in his own blood. Now isn't that something XD? Well, I guess it is now your turn. What will you come up with, I wonder?

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-26-2007, 01:25 AM

OoC: Sorry for the wait... and suckiness of this post... ^^;;;

BiC:

Her arms and legs were scraped, the blood coming in waves from the skinless patches. Nothing new... I've faced much more serious injuries. Then she turned to her dragon, pain striking her face. My majestic beast... has been injured Anger flared within her eyes, ignoring her own ailments. Her voice boomed, “Hurt me, and I'll be upset, hurt my dragon, and I'll just be pissed!”

She rose to her feet, legs trembling a bit. Quickly, she bent down, picking up sand around her, material all hers for the taking. Words formed in the air around her, depicting the need from something sharp... something revenge worthy.

The sand molded around her hands, shaping itself into a knife, which looked very much like a bracelet with a foot long blade sticking out of it. Another formed on her other hand. She smiled, not bothering to hide her joy, “Excellent.”

Her opponent had his sword ready, seeming eager for her blood. This only enticed Meghana more. It made her want to rip into his flesh, just to wipe that sense of hope right out of him.

For not enjoying or being good at physical fighting, The illusionist really dove into this battle. Her long legs propelling her forward effortlessly. The adrenaline rush really made her excel. Her thirst for revenge only fueled this fire more.

When it came to actual fighting, she seemed to be flailing, but was definitely holding her ground. Her arms jabbed at him, feeling like she was in a fist fight, almost forgetting about the deadly weapons strapped to her arms. Like a madwoman, she lept onto him, knocking him to the floor.

As she had him pinned down, he deflected all of her lacking blows with his blade easily. Meghana loomed over him, wanting to cry out of frustration, but resisting. She knew she was wasting energy and that it was practically a lost cause, yet, she wouldn't let herself stop. Not until she felt justice had been served.

In a split second, a sharp jab of pain was inflicted into her legs, which were still gripped around his torso. While she wasn't paying attention to his other hand, it was reaching for a shuriken and administrating the sharp edge to her delicate skin. She bit her lip in pain, lashing out at his arm, brushing it ever so slightly.

She rolled off of him, the shuriken still implanted in her thigh. With a grimace, she extracted it and turned back to him.

He'd sat up, gingerly touching the cut which Meghana had caused in her moment of frustration. She glared, merely emitting an irritated, “Grah.”
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-28-2007, 06:19 PM

OoC: Wow, your character is more crazy than I imagined. I should be careful, or else she could go berserk XD.

BiC: Trigoon stood up, still feeling the pain in his left arm. Of course, he was surprised he was severely scarred on his arm, unable to use it well with his wepon, but this is one of the many downfalls in a fight to a death such as this. Or at least, it seemed like a fight to the death. The angel was not sure anymore what they were fighting for. In the beginning, when he was confronted by this person, she seemed shocked to find him with the blood of the dead man on his blade, knowing that he killed someone. Now, and previoulsy in the fight, she didn't seem to care. What is wrong with this girl, Trigoon wondered. She seems to be in her own little world, or something similar to that. This is really getting ridiculous.

"You will not survive this fight, angel," the faerie spoke, breathing hard as she tried to hold in the severe pain in her thigh, putting her hand tightly around the wound. "After what you did to my dragon, and me of course, I will leave with your head severed from your shoulders." Trigoon knew she was too weak to fight, so he warned her,

"You are weak all over your body, not able to move without pain shooting through you. You cannot fight, for you lack physical strength, and you lack train of thought. How can you expect to beat me with random flailing of your arms? You cannot fight me that way, and you will never defeat me that way. Give up, and I will spare you."

The angel was hoping that Meghana did what he asked her to, but surprisingly, she let out a loud laugh, ignoring the pain she had. What is wrong with her, Trigoon wondered. Will she just stop this madness? If she doesn't, then I would have to kill her. She would be threatening me, so i would have no choice.

"Riah!" Meghana shouted barbarically, darting for the angel once more. Trigoon was ready, with his sword held by his right hand. I hope you stop, or else you will be dead before you can lay anything on me. But as he said that in his head, a small projectile flew at him. Reacting quickly, the angel brought his sword up to block the projectile from hitting him, but left himself open for a split second, which was when Meghana took her chance and swiped her sand blade at the angel. Luckily for Trigoon, he moved an inch away, only leaving behind a large scar on his chest. It might hurt bad, but at least I didn't lose my heart, he thought.

"You say I am weak? That I can't fight? Look at yourself, you are covered in your own blood. I have just attacked you, scarring your flesh on your chest. Do not deny what I can be capable of, just because I am becoming crazy and what appears to be 'inhumane.' "

Damn her, Trigoon thought. I shouldn't have been so careless, just because she appears weak. She may be right about one thing, but I know that she cannot withstand such pain for a long time. She is no soldier, so she cannot hold in the pain long. She will give up sooner or later.

With that, Trigoon charged at the faerie, sword held by his side, ready to strike. Meghana held her weapon up, as she, too, charged at the angel. Both were staring into each others' eyes, focused on each others' movements. As they drew near, Meghana swiped her weapon upwards at the angel once more, but this time missed, as the angel clashed his weapon onto her's, and pushing it away. He then attacked horizontally with his sword, but Meghana simply ducked, and pushed the angel away, moving his defenses away for the second, and thrusted her sword at him. To her surprise, she missed, and was knocked away with a punch from the angel. Because of her slim and small size, she rolled along the ground, and hit a tree. The angel held his position like a statue, and moved into a defensive stance a few seconds after, awaiting for Meghana to attack.

"Will you just quit your stupidity?" Trigoon pleaded. "You will not defeat me, your magic cannot manipulate my mind, and you are weak. Why not just give up this barbaric fight and we can be on our ways?"

OoC: Just wondering, does your character take defeat lightly? XD, just kidding.

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2007, 06:55 PM

OoC: XDD She'd go insane.

BiC:

“Give up?” she spat out, as though the words had no place in her vocabulary, let alone her mouth. “I won't give up to you. Oh, it's long past me trying to avenge that man you killed. It's about my dragon, and for my own personal enjoyment of kicking your ass!”

The angel stared at her, “You're either incredibly stupid, insane, or, quite possibly, both.”

Meghana narrowed her eyes, “Even if I am insane, if it means that I'll administer the revenge that I feel I deserve, than so be it.” She looked down at the blades attached to her hands, the crimson blood on them shimmering. Her eyes focused intently on it, its reflection contrasting to the pure blue of her eyes. I don't quite feel like myself...

In that split second, she really did recognize that she wasn't trained, or even built for physical combat. But, as her mind was about to snap back into perspective, a weakened roar from her dragon snapped it out again.

Hmph... who am I kidding? I need to beat him up. Quickly, she did a sweep of her surroundings, noticing one thing that had brought her pain before, but would soon assist her. The tree which she'd slammed into before, stood there, green and very livid. A sad smile formed out of Meghana's lips. It's a shame it probably won't be a tree once I'm done with it...

The usual milky liquid escaped her body, this time from her feet and it encased the tree, running up its sides with a lax speed. Once the tree had been completely engulfed with this liquid, it felt like putty to the illusionist's touch. All the better for her to mold it.

Become something useful.
Something that will take all that physical effort...
And it make so that I need it no longer.
Something that will rest my sorry feet...
Yet will still provide an edge in battle.
Become something to win.

With that, he simple illusion was over, and, where the tree once stood, was a child's mini-race car. Meghana looked at it, puzzled, “What the-”

Behind her she could hear the angel chuckle, “Oh, so is it play time now?”

The tamer glared, “No. Now, shut up. This shall still give me an advantage, and it's your fault for not realizing that.” With that proclamation, she squeezed her way into the seat of the toy, hoping that she wouldn't be too uncomfortable. Though, all the while thinking, Oh, I must really look ridiculous...

OoC: Sorry for the wait and all that jazz.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-14-2007, 08:37 PM

OoC: Meh, we're all busy it seems. At least we have the initiative to get the battle to continue on, regardless of how busy we tend to be (I feel sooo smart saying that XD).

BiC: The angel looked at the faerie, wondering how the battle will turn out to be. By the look of things, he figured that this fight they have put themselves in will be nothing but a "time to play," if there was no other name to call it by.

This girl's really starting to amuse me, Trigoon told himself, smiling as he saw the faerie riding in her toy car, which she created with her illusionary trickery. But, even if this seems to be just a stupid illusion she has made yet again, out of her own mindless rampage against me, I should still be on my guard. Trigoon brought his sword out infront of him, parallel to the ground. At this time, the amethyst-haired girl drove in circles around the angel. The blue-haird angel closed his eyes, waiting to strike her down. The sound of the engine roared through the forest, scaring the animals which inhabit it.

"I may look stupid in what I made to supposedly help me against you!" the angel heard the faerie calling out, making herself heard among the loud roar of the engine. "But hear this, no matter what happens, you will be dead by the time I am finished here!"

That would be too inconvenient for me, the angel thought. With his sword held infront of him with his right arm, Trigoon swung it back, making the sword parallel with his arm, as well as the ground. If my left arm was not in such bad shape as it is now, I would use both hands to strike with my sword. He waited for the car to come to him, as he knew that it would soon enough. She did before, so why not again?

The angel knew then that he thought right, for he saw the toy car speeding toward him. Now is the time. The angel brought his sword back down, near his right leg. He waited for the toy car to come closer, so that he may strike, and supposedly end this fight that he wants nothing to deal with anymore. The little car came faster and faster, with every second that passed by at that moment. The faerie had a look of confidence on her face, making Trigoon think again, this girl is insane, indeed. Once she came close enough to Trigoon, she shouted out with a powerful voice, "DIE, YOU SON OF A...!"

But as those words left her mouth, the blue-haired angel swung his sword fiercely, cutting the toy car into half. Smoke then conjured up from where the sword met with the speeding toy car, along with the angel standing in his previous spot. That should have killed her, he thought. She should be dead, for my blade was to meet with her flesh.

Footsteps were heard from nearby, possibly from inside the area covered in smoke and dust. They soon sounded that they were quickened, and were getting louder. Trigoon turned towards the sound, and saw Meghana lunging at him, with her blade of sand in her hand. Trigoon attempted to move out of the way, but due to his unawareness to her movements from seconds ago, he did not move far enough from the edge of the blade, and suffered a scar to his right shoulder. He tried to strike her down by pulling one of his shurikens out, and moving it along her arm to cause her severe pain, but Meghana moved out of the way fast enough for Trigoon not to do what he intended to.

"It seems you still underestimate me, angel," the faerie spoke, smiling wickedly as she looked at Trigoon holding his shoulder. "That underestimating of yours will be your downfall."

He looked at the faerie, and saw that she was also in rough shape, possibly due to the collision of his sword and her toy car, which she was in the middle of. How did she survive my attack? Trigoon could not shake the feeling if she is actually defeating his strength of seeing through illusions. If that is what's happening, then I am undoubtedly in a big mess. God, why is this happening?

OoC: If you are wondering, I did not make the whole thing as your character's illusion. It's just a thought he has about your character. By the way, sorry if this seems rushed. I was too eager to get this done.

#13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-10-2007, 10:30 PM

OoC: I don't know where you got the whole "forest" thing at beginning, considering they're in such a sandy place, but, I'll go with it. X3

BiC:

Meghana could tell that her opponent had been fazed. She could tell that this could work to her advantage. Unfortunately, she could also tell her strength was wavering and that her legs trembled as she stood. One thing that wasn't near tired was her mind. It kept imagining new ways to remedy the situation. Yet, as her mind focused on its usually imaginative banters, pessimistic thoughts crept in. That adrenaline rush didn't last long enough for my taste... this angel has me by the ropes.

Her scrapes and cuts throbbed in pain. The throbbing and rapid beating of her heart stayed in synchronous. And, with each beat, she could feel the need to just give in amplify. Every time she blinked, she struggled to just get her eyes open again.

I... can't give in. I'll fight with my eyes closed if I must. He hurt my dragon and deserves to pay... With that thought in mind, she pushed herself forward. The tamer used that incentive and channeled it into the energy to fight. How long it would was another story. Time to do all I can...

Eying his shuriken closely, she approached. She got within two yards of him, and then began to sprint, seeming to be ready to tackle him to the ground. When she reached him, she kept on running, right past him and to the edge of the forest. Meghana could feel his confused stares, but didn't care. The only thing she wanted was the cover and material that the trees provided.

Tackling the closest tree, she scrambled up its trunk, heading for the upper branches in an attempt to put some necessary distance between her and the angel. I can make more than enough material for anything my heart desires...

Upon thinking that, new ideas flooded into her brain. What would she want? What wondrous things could she make with an entire forest? That only instigated another idea. An illusion like she'd never done before. On a scale she'd only dreamt of. But, now it was becoming reality.

Using the blades attached to her arms, she began slicing off branches like a mad woman. If I do this correctly, it doesn't matter how much strength I lose now, for I'll have won. She went tree after tree, severing all the branches she could, and not turning back to see if Trigoon had followed suite. She kept chopping until several rows of trees had become bald, so to speak. All of the clippings lay in neat piles next to the mutilated plants. Time to work my magic.

Gracefully, she planted her feet on the floor, with a slight thud. After shaking her hands off a bit, she bent down, touching the beginning of the line of cut down trees. It was well over half the forest which she had spread to, and that was exactly how she wanted it. Trembling from exhaustion, her hands, now completely adorned with cuts, placed themselves on the branches on the floor.

This shall be on a scale unheard of by me... I don't know if I'll even be able to stand after this, but it doesn't matter... Gritting her teeth and closing her eyes, the words formed along the branches, trailing off. They spoke of her will, her strength, and the revenge she wanted. And, as though taking it from her thoughts and dreams, the trees began to morph, creating one of the largest illusions known to man. The angel would be the one to experience it.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-16-2007, 08:07 PM

OoC: Wow, I can't believe how long it took me to write something this short. Sorry for the wait, but I'm busier than I thought. I'll try my best to continue, so don't think I bailed out yet XD.

BiC: "What on Earth is this monstrosity?!" Trigoon asked himself rhetorically (sp?) as he gazed upon the illusion which Meghana had created with the branches of the trees she cut off. A creature as big as the highest mountains that he once seen, with two long arms that had sharp claws at the end. flailing around it like whips. It had no eyes, but a large mouth that took place of his whole face. It had no teeth, but he knew that this monster would not need it. It's skin made from wood and covered in bark was hard enough to be a strong armour, and good enough to replace teeth. Trigoon knew no fear, but a sense of fear built up inside him. However, he knew that backing out would only bring misery and shame upon him. I have faced even bigger things, including the Devil himself!

He knew that this was no illusion, and even if it was, he had no choice but to fight it. Sword in one hand, and gun in another, he stood up against this wooded being. My left arm may be severely wounded, but I know I can manage. He calmed himself down, closing his eyes while doing so. You will be damned to Hell, for God wishes it so! With that, he charged at the giant tree-like creature.

Sensing this, the monster punched the ground in order to kill the "pest", but Trigoon dodged the attack and continued forward. Coming closer to the beast, the angel jumped onto it and started running up it, driving his sword through it's skin. He ran viciously up the monster, determined to slay it. The tree-like monster shrieked out of pain, and reacted with a swipe of it's claws at Trigoon. To dodge this, the angel leapt onto it's arm once it attempted to attack him, and he drove his sword into the skin of the arm, still running up. The monster reacted yet again by flailing it's arm to get rid of the angel from it's arm, but it was of no use. The angel could not fall off if his sword was stuck into the monster's skin and his grip onto the hilt of the sword was strong with both physical strength and determination to rid the beast from the Earth. This beast will die, both by my sword and by God's will!

And then when he reached the monster's head, he leapt at the monster with his sword ready to strike, and swiped his sword at it, leaving a gash over it's face. The angel jumped off from the monster, and started to fire at it with his gun, using up a cartridge. He landed to the ground, and turned to see the monster shriek out of pain and fall to the ground, and the look on the faerie's face when she had witnessed him defeating her illusion. However, her face showed only delight without a trace of anger.

OoC: Any more tricks up your sleeve?

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-07-2007, 07:27 PM

OoC: Seeing as I dooon't... why don't you wrap this up with your next post? X3

BiC:

Smiling, Meghana looked upon Trigoon, content despite herself. This will make a good story one of these days... Wobbling, she walked toward her opponent, avoiding the already decaying monster that she created. It was returning to the earth from whence it came and the faerie could do nothing to stop it. “Well, it served its purpose which was mainly to test whether or not I could do something like that. Otherwise, I wanted to see how you could do against it.”

“Hm, I thought you'd gone insane,” he said, casually, weapons still at the ready and a slight mocking tone to his voice.

Half-heartedly, she chuckled, holding her side and grimacing. “For a second there, I think I did too. Not that I didn't have a good reason to. In fact, I still do. I just don't have the means to punish you as effectively.” Weakly, she rose up her bladed hands. “That's still no reason for the fight to end.” She took in a deep breath, closing her eyes, trying to stop her gasping. She would do anything at that moment to have even an ounce of strength to continue.

She could feel her knees tremble, and yet pushed on. She saw her elbows wobble and still held them ready. She saw the world through a hazy pain, but would not stop staring. She knew, despite all her wishes that this fight was over. And, as her knees fell, her elbows slammed, and her eyes glared on rock hard ground, she sat there, struggling just to get air into her lungs.

“Okay... maybe... there is a reason to stop. That attack... exhausted me,” Meghana clutched her side and fell, cheek pressed against the ground. Her weary eyes met his, “Unless... of course... you still want to continue?”

OoC: Sorry for shortness/etc. XP
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM

OoC: It's obvious this battle is going to end really soon, as in now, so I'll just end it. It's been nice battling you, Cio.

BiC: Trigoon sighed softly, deciding on his next move. She is not strong enough to continue fighting. It must end now, or else her life will be taken away with no reason as to why.

With that in mind, Trigoon brought his sword to infront of his chest, and with his other hand he took out a piece of worn-out cloth to wipe the blade clean. He then ran the edge of the blade along the opening of the sheath, and then sheathed the blade within the sheath. The angel looked down at the faerie, who sat there gasping for air with her bruised and battered body. Trigoon turned and walked away from the severely injured faerie. As he walked away, the angel heard her pound her fist, although it was a soft pounding since her body was weak to hit any harder. He heard the girl speak to him in a disgusted tone.

"Where do you think you're going!?" she asked angrily. "Are you afraid to fight me because I am weak?"

"We are done this quarrel of ours," Trigoon replied strongly, stopping where he stood. "You said it yourself, we are done with this unless I want to continue." He looked back at Meghana, who stll was laid down on the floor. "I do not wish to fight you any more than we already have fought. I am leaving."

"I didn't expect it to be so soon. You really are a coward." Meghana tried pushing herself up, struggling to do so.

"A warrior knows when a fight is over. this fight is now over, and we can now go on our seperate ways." Trigoon continued walking away, as he heard the faerie shout at him for his cowardice. He could not understand how a person such as herself could have the need to keep fighting him when she is defeated. I could never understand the ways of someone as hot-headed as her. I guess I should just give up on understanding her. Besides, I won't be seeing her ever again... hopefully.

OoC: Why is it that my endings are so goddam short? Sorry it's this short, but it's just what came to mind. Oh well X3.

Tags
battle, spartan117, wings