Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2006, 11:24 PM
ZU's Punishment Puppy...
View Posts: 339
Lightbulb The Dragon Reborn... Revived! (Librairian, Specter, Popcorn)

Ooc: It started with Valan overhearing 2 men talking about the Dragon Reborn, and that he is gathering strength. In Specter's post Valan and Earen met up and talked, there was a commotion in the tavern, and they stopped the men, the girl the men were trying to "take" turned out to be Ywen, Valan clued her in on what was going on, and then Librairian's character, Shisho showed up, they talked and he got clued in on what was going on also, Valan got drunk, and Zeik walked in, (BTW, Itachi hasn't been on since May, so I think we'll have to drop him...) and they talked.

They came up with a plan, and then went outside, they went to the tailor's for some cloaks, they then heard a scream. They found 2 kids, there was a green blob thing that Ywen killed. They then took off down the forest road, then came the big sloth-boar thing, the party defeated it, and Valan took off to the skies. The bird thing came along, and attacked them, Zeik killed it and they started off again. Shisho flew off in the direction Valan had gone, while the others went on the ground. Shisho met up with Valan and was caught in the trap.

Ywen, Earen, and Zeik met with a group of goblins, they defeated them and then went to the main gate and walked in. Valan passed out, and Shisho found a cache of eggs... Then Valan started glowing and a message from a captive inside the fortress spoke to Shisho, the other 3 walked through the main gate, and once inside were set upon by a magical suit of armor. Earen stayed behind to hold it off while Zeik and Ywen ran off to find Valan and Shisho. Shisho cast a spell on the wall, and the walled melted, allowing them to leave, they then ran out into the main corridor. Ywen and Zeik fell into a hole and fought 2 of the armor's...

Then they ran off and met up with Valan and Shisho. Earen woke up to find himself in the cell with Terra, the Half-Elf, half-nymph that spoke through Valan. Valan, Shisho, Zeik, and Ywen all burst through the door, they ran out, and heard a loud banging behind a door, they opened it and a figure threw itself at Valan. The party knocked it off of Valan and the figure stood up, the party then introduced themselves and the figure introduced himself as Kyrne. They headed off to the armory to get their stuff back. They got their equipment and were found by 2 creatures who attacked them, Kyrne killed one and the other ran, alerting the Fortress... They came upon the barracks and then got into a large battle, and it left off with the creatures chanting, Vampira...Vampira...

I'll post Specter's last post to get us started...

And this is where our adventure continues...

The group ran down the dank corridors and as they turned a corner, Valan smashed faces with a demon creature. Valan cursed under his breath and cleaved the thing in half. the thing had a surprised look on his face as his top half slide off his body.Valan kicked the legs out of the way and kept running. Soon they came to a door with a heavy rusted lock on it, there was also a small window in the door. Shisho went onto his tiptoes and peeked into the room. He screamed and fell back as they heard at least a dozen thumps on the door. Earen and Zeik helped Shisho to his feet.

"I think it's a barracks, and I think they saw me." Shisho said catching his breath. Valan looked through and he fell down as a knife flew through the hole and flew right past Kyrne's head and into the wall.

"Yeah, they saw us" Valan said, and suddenly a spear broke through the door, barely missing Ywen's leg.

"Alright, lets take them... On three" Valan said. Everyone drew their weapons. "One, two, three!" Valan kicked down the door and they rushed in. Valan shot a handful of fireballs into the room to clear the entrance and he drew his scimitars and started hacking. Earen signaled Terra to follow him, and he drew his sword, and shot a bolt of light into the massing demons. Bodies flew up, and more just filled the spots. Zeik drew his sword, but energy seemed to run into his sword from the guantlets and it started glowing. He stood back to back with Kyrne, hacking at enemies. Shisho threw a handful of light balls at the demons and they exploded in a blast of light. Ywen stood nest to Shisho throwing knives and stabbing with her sword. It seeemed they were pushing the creatures back when suddenly they just stopped and let themselves get stabbed, cut, anything. then they started chanting.

"Vampira, vampira, vampira", over and over. Suddenly they heard heavy footsteps. Suddenly a wall exploded, and a large figure charged in, but it was veiled by smoke.

"Hey, uh, Valan, do you know what 'vampira' means by chance?" Shisho said.

"Sadly yes. it means vampire"

"That's what I was afraid it meant."

I have adopted exrogeneral ,Vaan and ZeldaMaster1995
Last Edited by Seraphim; 08-16-2006 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-22-2006, 04:19 PM
Mmmm, tasty!
View Posts: 56
Re: The Dragon Reborn... Revived! (Librairian, Specter, Itachi)

((OoC: Hello! I'm joining from an invitation from Seraphim. Looks like a fun RP. I'll be using my only BA char thus far, Alamis, info in sig obviously. This post is kinda long...))

BiC: The group raised their weapons collectively, preparing to fight the creature in the smoke. Unfortunately despite its large size, it had impressive agility. It shot by with a feral growl, one sword held horizontally outward. Zeik spun off his feet and landed face down on the ground none too gently, bleeding profusely. He didn’t get back up.

Before any of the group could even cry out the creature struck again. Ywen barely managed to duck the blow, and several hairs flew from her head as evidence. The sword continued to whistle past the heroes, forcing each of them to dodge in turn. Valan reacted first. Ducking under the still whirling swords of the creature, he managed to slice it across the abdomen. It howled fiercely, backpedaling away and brandishing its swords recklessly.

At this point the group finally got a good look at the creature. It had the standard vampire features; pale skin, redding eyes. But it was also unusually tall and well built. Its mouth was misshapen and almost all of the teeth were canine as well as the tongue being forked, which could be glimpsed every so often.

“What is that thing?” asked Earen incredulously.

“It doesn’t matter, just kill it!” replied Kyrne in a fury as he rushed toward it, slicing madly.

“Someone help Zeik!” cried out Ywen, though even she could tell that Zeik was probably already dead. The creature swiped madly with its arms, knocking Kyrne and Valan across the room like toys. Shisho quickly launched a flurry of fireballs at the creature with his newly cleared shot, carefully stepping closer to Zeik’s body at the same time. Maybe he wasn’t beyond helping just yet...

The creature had other plans, though. It yelped and screamed in the inferno from the magi, and charged ferally toward the source, ready to kill. Earen skillfully intercepted it, though, lunging in from the side to impale the thing. The creature screamed in pain again, moaned, and then trailed off into gurgling as it slid off Earen’s sword, and collapsed on the ground with a thud.

---

Alamis was on his usual patrol route at this point in time, walking in step with his patrol partner, Warren. Things had been getting bad. Alamis had planned to get some of the good pay of being a guard for this so-called “Dragon Reborn”, and then get out when the ritual (whatever it was) was finished. If he knew one thing about these crazed cult types, it was that when they had gotten their “true power”, any and all guards in their employ suddenly became disposable. Alamis would be long gone by then, but it seems there was a wrench in the gears.

These bloody intruders have the security jumped up, making it much harder to slip away unnoticed. Not to mention the fact that so-called “heroes” seem to have a certain thing for snuffing out the evil warlord’s guards indiscriminately.

“You don’t talk much, do you?” Warren said to Alamis.

“I have nothing to say.” Replied Alamis flatly. It was probably only his fifth sentence he’d spoken all this night on patrol.

“Well...” Warren pushed on, trying to think of some way to strike up a conversation, “Er, what did you do before you... worked here?”

“Fled the law.” Alamis said matter-of-factly.

“You’re pretty open about that, Alamis.”

“Look where we’re working now. Being a wanted criminal is practically a good thing around here.”

“Are you saying that the Dragon Reborn is nothing but a scoundrel?” said a suddenly agitated Warren, “How dare you besmir—“ but he was cut off by the sounds of battle emanating from the door at the end of the hall. “What’s that noise?” and with that, Warren dashed for the door.

Alamis followed reluctantly, doing his duty as a “guard”. Warren opened the door and stepped in first, with Alamis following closely. The two stared dumbfounded at the sight of a dead... thing, apparently slain by the most unlikely group of heroes. A half-demon, some sort of dragon-man, an attractive wood elf, an elven paladin with a divine aura about him, and a human-looking figure mostly concealed by purple robes. On the ground lay a bleeding body, evidently a former member of the group.

Definitely outnumbered. Definitely outgunned. Alamis decided now would be a good time to change sides.

He sprung into action, drawing his combat knife and putting Warren into a headlock. Before he got so much as a cry out Alamis drove his dagger through his patrol partner’s back, and let the body collapse limply on the ground.

“Thank the gods you’re here!” Alamis wove a cover story rapidly, faking relief, “I’ve been working here undercover for the Royalty. I was almost ready to extract but my cover was nearly blown by this man-“ he indicated Warren’s cooling body- “But now that you’re here, I don’t need the cover anymore, eh?” There was a pause as the group seemed to take this all in.

“What’s your name?” Valan and Earen finally said together.

“David Holt,” Alamis invented on the spot and then continued, looking at Zeik’s limp form, “Is that one going to be alright?”

((OoC: In case anyone noticed that I kept reposting this, it was because of a bug. Whenever I tried to edit grammar or something in this post, it would cut off the entire thing at a random apostrophe. I hope this bug stops or this post doesn't need to be edited again.))

Sig is my own production.
<-- If you care about what I care about.
My BA alter-egos are Alamis Ammir and Faolan
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! How do I get across?" Nasrudin shouted back, "You are across!"
*Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2006, 03:37 AM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,212

Great, Shisho thought as another stranger came to appeal to their group, Just what we need, another being from out of nowhere that shows intentions of bringing a boon to us. First there was that dragon guy, Kyrne Vyrdune. He shot a glance toward Kyrne, who was killing what remained of the lesser demons that were coming to their senses after the Vampire was killed. He seems sincere enough, if not too unintelligent to lie, or at least hide it. Then there’s this guy, David Holt. Looking over to David, he noticed the mans eyes quickly shifting between the faces of his friends. As if that isn’t suspicious. Guys like him tend to be working for the other side.

Of course, as Shisho was absorbed in his thoughts, the others were trying to aid their fallen comrade. Returning his weapon to its scabbard, Earendur rolled Zeik over onto his back, exposing the grievous wound he had suffered. After removing his armor and peeling back his clothing, Ywen examined the extent of the injury, trying to gauge weather it was fatal or merely life threatening. “He’s lost a lot of blood,” she said, looking down to the puddle she herself was in, “If he doesn’t get treatment soon, he’ll die.”

This was where Shisho came in. Of the group, only he and Earen were known to possess the Magic of healing, and his was better suited for this kind of injury. Squatting down to match his friends, he focused on Zeik’s body and cast Life. Instantly, the wound shrank to half its initial size, with the amount of blood flowing out stopping almost completely. Casting Life one more time, he healed what remained, making the winged warrior whole once again. Unfortunately, his healing spells would not be able to shake him from his unconsciousness, causing the others to grow nervous.

“Why isn’t he waking up?” Valanoth asked curtly, though hiding it, clearly concerned for his fellow fighter’s life. “Don’t worry, he’s fine,” Shisho replied, “He’s just unconscious. Unfortunately, that means he could be out for a while.”
“Don’t you have something that could wake him up Shisho?” Ywen interjected, “Something in your Spell Book?”
“Well, I do have an Awakening spell written down somewhere, but as of yet, I have not written down a Revive spell. So no, I got nothing.”

It was then that something important came to his mind. “Terra,” he said, startling the half Elf who had remained mostly silent, “You’re a psychic, right?” The look she gave him in response was one he was not familiar with, yet always did he feel pity whenever he would receive it. It was the look of intimidation, or the fear of ones peer. “How did you know that?” she asked meekly. “Well, after you possessed Valanoth, I just assumed. I apologize if you feel I was prying.”
“It’s okay.” She seemed to become less on edge. “Yes, I am a psychic.”
“Then you could will him back to consciousness, right?”

Looking to the ground, she slowly shook her head. “I am sorry, but I can not do that. If I try, his body might go into shock, and I could not bear to risk that.”
“Then I guess we leave him here,” David said, drawing a few irritated looks his way. “No chance,” Earendur responded, a bit of fire in his voice, “It would be immoral to leave a fellow warrior, still alive, in a place like this. I will carry him on my back.”
“No Earen,” Ywen cut in, her concern clearly audible, “It would put you at too much of a disadvantage. If we were to fall into an ambush, I don’t know if I could protect you.”

This brought silence to his voice, as well as to the voices of everyone else. They were now faced with a difficult decision: Wait where they were for Zeik to awaken, taking the risk of fighting an entire army, or leave him, where he would later be found, imprisoned, and eventually killed. “Then I guess what I said before still applies,” David said, interrupting the silence, and once again attracting a group of annoyed glances. “No, it doesn’t,” Shisho responded, “There’s a third option.”
“What is it?” Valanoth asked.

“Well, I could use my Wind spell to take him somewhere safe. From there, it wouldn’t take more than a few minutes to get him someplace to recuperate. Once I’m done there, I could warp right back to this spot, and then catch up with you. How does that work?” For a moment, as the group worked the plan over in their heads, they did not respond. “One of us should go with you,” Ywen finally said, “So you’re not alone when you get back.”
“Thanks Ywen, that would be very helpful.”

With that, Shisho gathered up Zeik’s body and put his weight on his shoulder. He was fairly light, but considering he was able to take flight, it wasn’t surprising. As soon as he was balanced, Ywen stepped closer while the rest of the group stepped back. “I’m sorry,” he said, shifting his comrade’s weight, “but you have to get very close for the spell to take you with.”
“Like this?” she asked, pressing herself up against him, causing him to grow a little pink under his hood. “Yes, perfect.”

Not wasting anymore time, he cast the Wind spell. Immediately, they were swallowed up by a cyclone of green energy. In no more than a few seconds, they disappeared, replaced by a green, glowing sphere of magic, marking where they would return. And with their hindrance out of the picture, the remainder of the group continued on into the corridors of the Dragon Reborn’s Castle.

Signature, Avatar, and Character Buttons made by Lady Knives.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-01-2006, 12:52 AM
are you suggesting that pants migrate?
View Posts: 439

After a flash and a rush of wind Ywen opened her eyes to find herself back in town. She was still holding onto Shisho tightly until she realized she was and let go. She sighed and let out a small awkward laugh. Shisho shifted Ziek and they walked to an inn. As they entered they attracted the attention of many eyes and none were that friendly. Shisho walked up to the bartender and explained the situation him.

"Sure, io have a room open and some pretty lass to take care of 'im too" Ywen handed the tender a couple of coins and they walked out of the inn.

"Man you would think we had the plague the way everyone looked at us" Shisho said as they walked out of the inn.

"Maybe it was your smell" Ywen said smiling at him. Shisho laughed and they continued walking back to the waypoint.

Shisho suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder and he twisted out of it and faced his adivsary. It was a man from the tavern, and he didn't look to happy. Someone grabbed Ywen from behind clamping a large hand over her mouth and held a knife to her throat. Three other men walked up and surrounded Shisho, all carrying large clubs.

"Looks like the boy and his little girly are in some big trouble boys" the man said drawing a rusty iron sword. Shisho looked from Ywen, whos eyes were wide with fear as the knife cut a small cut on her neck, non-lethel but painful none the less. If he attacked she would be killed, but if he didn't do somthing he would die and she would suffer a fate worse than death at the hands of these drunks. Ywen flailed her arms and the man let go of her mouth to contain her arms. She screamed and the man pressed the knife harder. A small trickle of blood dripped down her neck and she started to cry. Shisho uttered a few words and his cloak turned a dark red. A man ran forward and swung at Shisho but he ducked under the poor swing and ran over to Ywen. He kicked the man in the shin and turned the knob on Ywen's belt. She dissolved into a shadow on the ground and slipped from the mans grasp. The man swung at Shisho and landed a punch but his armor skill deflected the blow. The man with the blade ran at Shisho swinging madly but he did a simple roll to dodge the swing. Ywen kneed the man with the knife in the privates and he doubled over on the ground. Shisho chuckled, it was funny to see a man suddenly fall on th ground and start crying. The man ran at Shisho again but suddenly tripped and started to wimper as
Ywen materialized standing over the man with her blade to his neck.

"Some guy paid us too i swear, he threatened my family!" he wimpered.

"What was his name?" Ywen said pressing the blade harder to his throat.

"It was" but as he was about to utter the name, he started to convulse and siezure, foam coming from his mouth. Ywen and Shisho both turned as they heard clapping behind them.

"Bravo Ywen, Shisho. But i believe you owe my master a visit. Now if you ever want to see Ziek and the others, you will come with me" Shisho and Ywen nodded and walked over to the figure. A flash of red light engulfed them and in a second they were gone.

[Sig and avy by me!]
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-04-2006, 07:19 PM
ZU's Punishment Puppy...

Ooc: Sorry it took a while guys... I just couldn't get my mind out of what was going to happen in the finale... Oh well, back to the adventure at hand...

Bic:

The group moved onward, they started into a long hallway with large double doors at the end. Kyrne held out his arm, motioning to the others to stop. "This is right, we haven't met any resistance since we met David..." He looked pointedly at David, clearly not fully trusting him. Kyrne continued on talking, "David, since you were spying on these things, tell us what you know... Do you know why we haven't seen any demons since that vampire thing?"

David looked at Kyrne, "No idea, I was just undercover as a sentry, the most I know is gossip. My guess is that the ritual has started and the Dragon wants as many guards around him as possible." David kept a calm face, this Kyrne guy was probably suspecting something. Kyrne just looked to the end of the hall, the look on his face told the rest that something wasn't right. Kyrne just shook his head, and Valan stepped forward, "Kyrne, you're not the leader," he tapped Kyrne on the chest, "So don't be getting any ideas, we're here to get in, kill the Dragon, and get out, not for vengeance or anything else." Kyrne glared at him, "You'll need to do better than that, second-rate..." he said cruelly. Earen stepped between them, "Come on guys, we can't be fighting between ourselves, our enemy is the Dragon, not each other." Kyrne started off in anger, Valan just shook his head, "He hasn't changed much in 40 years... Kyrne, come back, you can't go off alone!" Valan ran forward to catch up to Kyrne, and Earen followed.

The group reached the double doors, Kyrne was about to reach for the handles when Earen stopped him. "We don't know whats on the other side of that door, better have Valan check it out first." Valan nodded and pressed a switch on his belt, turning into a shadow. He walked towards the door, and slipped through, a moment later he came back. "This is bad," Valan said, "It's a lot worse than we thought, he's opened a portal to the Astral plane... He's letting all sorts of demons through, and there is probably no end to them."

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Mmmm, tasty!
View Posts: 56

"He's letting all sorts of demons through, and there is probably no end to them." Valan reported grimly.

Oh great, this is just what I needed. Alamis thought bitterly as the others exchanged dark looks. He took a quick discreet look around at the group. He'd never expected to be able to get a lie past this crew, especially with a part celestial in their midst. But, ironically, his lies seemed to have backfired and now he was about to be thrust into a battle against endless demons. Then again, if he hadn't lied, he'd be as dead as Warren right now.

He grinned darkly to himself at this twist of fate as he took another look around. He needed some way out, and he needed it now. They obviously don't trust me, maybe they won't take me into combat... He looked himself over. He didn't have magic of any sort, and no supernatural abilities, so he definitely couldn't keep pace with any of the others...

He came out of his reverie to find that the group hadn't made any substantial progress in terms of a plan.

"Well, maybe there's some way to close the portal." Earen suggested.

"Yes, but how?" Kyrne inquired. His only answer was silence. If only they had Shisho, he might've had some ideas.

Alamis cleared his throat, breaking the silence. The group turned to him, many of them with unsavory looks. He never was popular.

"Well, obviously we don't go in there then." He stated simply. A moment's pause, and then--

"But we have to stop him!" insisted Kyrne heatedly.

"Indeed, my friend, and in due time. But rushing in there would be suicide would it not?" Alamis continued, nodding at Valan.

"He's right, Kyrne." Valan said.

"Then what do you suggest, David?" Spat Kyrne, "There isn't a whole lot of time to think of alternatives..."

Alamis' mind worked frantically to formulate some semblance of a plan.

"We need to figure out how the portal works..." He began, casting his mind out for anything that could give them insight on the portal.

Gods, why did these people have to show up? "Then we can close it properly, let's see... I remember there being an arcane sanctum somewhere in this part of the castle." Alamis said, telling a half-truth. There was a sanctum, and it probably had answers, but he couldn't remember where it was at all. "If we split up, we can cover more ground, and find it quicker." -- And then he added as an afterthought -- "And there's sure to be something in the sanctum that would help us regroup once we found it."

Of course, this was the hard part. They didn't trust Alamis at all, so they probably wouldn't let him go off alone, but at least they'd be split up.

Divide and conquer. He thought, or at least escape. So he waited for the group's answer. I need to stop getting involved with cults. he noted.

Sig is my own production.
<-- If you care about what I care about.
My BA alter-egos are Alamis Ammir and Faolan
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! How do I get across?" Nasrudin shouted back, "You are across!"
*Different all twisty a of in maze are you, passages little.
Last Edited by Popcorn; 09-07-2006 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Sage of Wisdom
View Posts: 1,212

As soon as the flash of red had disappeared, Ywen and Shisho found themselves in a familiar setting. The wet walls, the black stone, and the sensation of an evil presence told them one thing. They were once again in the demon filled halls of the Dragon Reborn’s Mushroom Castle.

Although they thought it strange that they were neither brought back to a prison or an arena, but to a simple dead-end hall. Straight ahead, the being that brought the two back was standing, blocking their path. Though it was almost pitch dark, they could tell his stature was impressive, being almost an entire foot taller than Shisho. He hid any sign of flesh behind a black, hooded robe, red stripes running along each of its edges.

“You and your little group of bravos have been doing quite a good job getting through our fortress,” the being said, “But now it is time to see if you are really worthy of opposing my lord.” Reaching up with a hand gloved in leather, he snapped his fingers. “And you will do so through three separate trials, the first of which you have already passed.”

With that, light showered down on them from above. Looking up, they saw that this hall had no ceiling, and was not, in fact, a hall at all, but part of a larger room. Suddenly, the walls sunk into the ground, revealing just exactly where they were. By the light of a giant torch, hanging far above them, they found that they were in a huge coliseum. One-hundred feet, in any direction, stone walls rose into stands upon stands filled with cheering demons.

While Ywen and Shisho were distracted, the being that brought them there began to float away toward the stands. Taking the right hand seat on a special platform made up with only three chairs, he raised an open palm toward the torch. “Let the second trial begin!” it shouted, closing its hand tight.

Immediately, three doors appeared along the walls and slowly began to open. From beyond, even above the cheers and across the distance, they heard a strange cry. Not even a moment after, more cries shot out from each of the doors. It was a strange sound, almost like the whine of a dog mixed with the call of a bird. Neither of them could imagine what kind of creature would make that kind of noise, but they would find out in a few seconds.

No sooner had the doors lowered half way, did the creatures force their way out. Not foreign looking to Shisho were they, looking almost no different than an average Moldorm, though colored pure white. However, Ywen looked slightly surprised to see such an odd creature. “Don’t worry Ywen,” Shisho said, loosening up in the face of an insignificant challenge, “I’ve seen monsters like these in my homeland. They’re no threat at all.”

But as soon as he had finished his sentence, one of the creatures jumped up and knocked him to the ground. In a matter of seconds, the creatures covered the entire distance of the coliseum, using a kind of speed that Shisho had never seen in a Moldorm before. Casting the Lightning spell, he got back to his feet. With a quick jab, he let a bolt fly, only to miss the creature by a large margin. “They’re fast,” he said, just before another brought him to the ground.

Ywen however, had not yet been touched. Swiftly ducking and dodging, she avoided the creatures each time they jumped to attack her. Without much effort, she successfully managed to take the upper hand in this trial. Now it was about time the trial be completed. Taking out her sword and one of her daggers, she prepared to go on the offensive.

As soon as one of the creatures jumped, she sidestepped out of the way and extended her sword into its path. Hitting the ground, it split into two writhing halves. Giving her no time to enjoy the victory, another jumped to attack. This time, she ducked out of the way, thrusting her knife up into the bottom of its head as it passed over. Letting go, she let the creature drop to the ground, where it, like the other, writhed and perished.

Now all she had to do was eliminate the final one. Taking her knife back, she prepared to receive another attack. However, the last white worm did not attack, but instead circled around the two. Of course, this was no great hindrance to Ywen. Taking care in her aim, she let her dagger fly. Unfortunately, it was a miss. And knowing its aggressor was currently unable to attack, the worm made an attempt to hit Shisho.

Of course, this was no great hindrance to Ywen. Quickly taking out a knife, she threw the blade toward the creature. No more than a few inches away from Shisho, the knife pierced the creature’s body, knocking it out of the air before it could touch him. Like before, it writhed, let out a cry of pain, and then perished.

“Are you alright?” Ywen asked as she stepped over to Shisho. “Yes, I’m fine,” he replied.

Once again, they heard clapping coming from behind. Turning, they saw the being that brought them there standing nearby. “Bravo Ywen, Shisho,” it said, returning its arms to its sides, “But now, I do believe, it is time for the final trial.” Getting down into a stance, it readied itself for combat. “You will have to trump me in combat, to prove your worth to my lord.”

Signature, Avatar, and Character Buttons made by Lady Knives.
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 PM
are you suggesting that pants migrate?
View Posts: 439

The figure threw back its cloak to reveal a large man in a bright gold armor trimed blood red with a form fitting piece of steel with grates in it covering the lower part of his bald head. His eyes had an eerie red and yellow glow and from thin air drew a large sword with one hand and a hammer with the other, both fit for a king. Ywen and Shisho both grimaced, this would be a tough battle. The man ran forward with surprising speed and swung a weapon at each. Ywen sidestepped the wide slash and slashed quickly at his arm, the sword bouncing harmlessly off. Shisho barely dodged the large hammer, hopped back and fired a lightning bolt which ricoched(spl?) off of the man's armor and off into the sky. A deep metal laugh came from the man at their attempts to damage him as he went for Shisho. He side stepped a strike from the hammer, but failed to remember the sword. Suddenly he was grabbed and pulled out of harms way.

"Thanks Ywen" Ywen nodded.

"Cast jump on me" She said hurriedly as the man ran towards them laughing. Shisho mumbled a few words and he gave her the thumbs up. Ywen easily dodged a stab from the sword and Shisho jumped back away from the hammer. Suddenly as he was about to try and stab Shisho, he swung his sword to his side and Ywen cried out as the flat of the large blade connected with wrist, letting out a sickening "CRACK". Somehow he had known she was there. Ywen grabbed her wrist as the belt flickered and stopped working. She pulled out her last knife, and lept high over the man's head, and as he followed her, she chucked the knife at him, the knife hitting him right in his mouth grate, metal screeching against metal as the knife ripped through the face grate. The man roared as Ywen rolled into the landing, craddling her wrist. Shisho's hands bulged as they filled with balls of glowing light. He cast jump on himself and lept onto the man's shoulders as he roared with pain. Shisho used all of his strength to bend back the ripped metal and shoving the balls of light into his mouth. Jumping off and running as fast as he could, he ducked as the man exploded in a shrapnel of armor and flesh. Shisho stood up only to knocked over again as Ywen jumped on him.

"We won! we won! i can't believe it you were great!" She said and then kissed him. Shisho went bright red and his eyes went wide.

"Oh sorry" She said and she stood up. Shisho got up and dusted himself off before grabbing her arm.

"Let me take a look at this" He said examining her wrist. It was broken severly and black bruises already covered her wrist and hand. He placed his hand over it and looked in his book. Finding the desired page, he spoke the incantation. a Green light shot out of his plam engulfing her wrist and more tears came down her face. He removed his hand and her wrist and hand were perfect. Any scare or mark of any kind was gone. She smiled as she wiped away her tears and hugged him again. Then a voice rang out.

"It seems you have bested my loyal servant. Shisho, Ywen, prepare to meet the dragon reborn" the voice said. The arena dissolved and they stood together in the middle of a large room, a huge red portal pulsing in the center of a mural painted on the floor covering the entire room. Curtains hanging from the ceiling draped over a figure sitting on a large throne. This must be the dragon reborn, it could be nobody else.

"Servants, invite our guests waiting outside the door, i am sure they would like to be reunited with their friends" the figure clapped and a large red demon covered in spikes and boils walked over to the door and opened it.

[Sig and avy by me!]
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-01-2006, 06:29 PM
ZU's Punishment Puppy...

Ooc: Ok guys... I know that it was fairly short... But it has come time to finish this thread up... Thanks for making this a fun one and I hope to quest with you guys once again... ^_^. Just a side note... "Swith" is a VERY derogatory word in the Infernal language used to demean humans...

The demon moved forward, lumbering towards the door. There was a loud scuffle on the other side of the doors, the demon reached the door and it swung open. Ywen and Shisho looked on in shock, not only were there hundreds of thousands of demons around them, but straight ahead through the door, they could see the rest of the party struggling against some giant demons who were holding them. Kyrne was struggling the hardest, "Let me go you foul thing!" he roared. The only person who wasn't struggling was David, the demon released him and he was just standing there, his arms folded across his chest. Hate filled Valan's eyes as he watched the demon release David. "You... This was your plan this whole time... You swith..." he spat.

Kyrne was stopped struggling and he looked over at David. Suddenly a white light filled the area and there was a black dragon in Kyrne's place. The demon that was restraining Kyrne tried to get another grasp on the dragon but was torn apart by a large claw swipe. The dragon lumbered forth at David, and it let out a loud roar, thousands of demons were climbing on the dragon, pinning it to the ground.

It let out another roar, but couldn't move. The demons went to work with a vengeance, soon there were blazing red gashes all over the dragon's body. The Dragon Reborn just clapped, “Well done. You’re all stronger than I had first expected. But it looks like you are easily deceived,” Valan struggled harder against the demon holding him, “Come ‘David’.” David walked forward, unsure, the Dragon reached out a hand, “Let it be known, that I do not appreciate when underlings betray me and expect me not to know…” His eyes suddenly glowed with a red light, “Ah bugger…” David muttered. And the Dragon unleashed a force of black lightning, which seemed to melt David in his spot.

Valan let out a loud yell, and suddenly there came a black void, so black that it seemed to absorb all the light around it. The void took shape, right around Valan, it took almost the same shape as Valan, in his place there was a full demon, wearing full black platemail, in his hands he held a large 2-handed axe, as black as the armor. Earen and Terra stood back, in shock, but Earen quickly recovered. Valan turned around and caved in the skull of the demon trying to hold him with the butt of his axe. He turned to see more demons rushing towards him, he swung his axe, and the air around it blew forward in blade-like gusts. Demons in the path of the wind were severed in half.

Gore flew everywhere; viscera of all sorts slicked the ground. Soon, David’s body was just another part of the gory floor. Screams of demons were heard like wildfire. The black blood of hundreds of demons soaked the floor. Earen charged his hands with light and blasted a hole through the demon holding him and Terra. The demon slumped backwards, Earen lunged forward his sword out, and he hacked through the demons surrounding Valan. Valan swung his axe, cleaving demons in half left and right, when a large demon came forth. It deftly sidestepped a cleaving swipe from the axe, and grabbed onto the haft. The demon tried to pull the axe from Valan, but found a sword through its throat. Earen jumped down off of the demon after pulling his blade out of the demon’s neck. Valan nodded at Earen and continued the slaughter. They were pushing their way to the portal, lesser demons poured through it, and towards them, trying to stop them, but the combined force of Earen and Valan tore through the crowd. Terra stayed back casting what spells she could on Kyrne, while Ywen and Shisho were causing devastation on the other side of the battle.

This whole time, the Dragon just sat there on his throne watching amusedly. Finally, Ywen, Shisho, Valan and Earen all met up, and made their way to the portal. Valan stood at the mouth of the portal, and looked back… “I’m going to close the portal! Hold them off until I can close it!” Earen nodded grimly, Terra was still working trying to hold the demons off of Kyrne, and Ywen and Shisho were fighting side by side, but the demons were still coming, if they didn’t do something soon they would be overrun. Valan ran forward, and grasped the sides of the portal. The Dragon finally stood up, a bit interested. “You think you can close the portal? How foolish, there’s only one way to close it. And I’m sure you don’t want to take that path.” Valan grunted with effort, and the sides of the portal started to shrink. They fought and fought, Valan was taking hits, some almost fatal, from the demons trying to come through the portal, but the demonic blood lust drove him on, heedless of the pain.

The Dragon started to walk forward, the demons parting for him. He gave a command, and the demons stopped their attacks. “You know what that path is, don’t you Valan?”

Valan just kept pulling the portal smaller, smoke rose from his hands, the energy burning them. Soon an acrid smell of burning flesh filled the room. Earen spoke up, fatigue showing on all of the party’s faces. “This won’t get you anywhere, even if you accomplish the task of closing the portal, I still have countless hordes of demons, and there’s still me.” There was a loud roar from the far end of the room, the black dragon stood up again unsteadily. There was a flash of light and Kyrne was there, he collapsed to a knee. He stood up, “You’ll get what’s due, Dragon,” he spat. “And I’ll be the one to bring it to you!” He let loose a battle cry, but as he did, other voices joined his. Earen’s, Shisho’s and Ywen’s voices all were heard as their yell rung throughout the throne room.

Valan finally brought the portal together close enough that there was a rumble. The portal collapsed in a bright flash and the energy shot through Valan, blasting a hole through his chest. Valan was blown back, and the others charged at the Dragon, Kyrne leapt forward first, his bladed gauntlets extending with a “shhnk”, with Earen, Shisho and Ywen right behind. Earen’s right hand was glowing and his blade was crackling with electricity, between Shisho’s hands a ball of liquid blue flame was forming and Ywen had her daggers out ready for the killing blow. The demons surged forth again closing in on the party. Ywen’s dagger hit first, hitting the Dragon in the side of his ribs, Shisho’s flame was next plunging into the Dragon’s chest, clinging to him. Earen’s blade hit the Dragon’s arm, slicing it off. And Kyrne’s bladed gauntlets plunged straight into the Dragon’s chest. The party collapsed in a heap, with the momentum.

Then they were blown back. The dragon stood up once again, the long dagger sticking out of his side and the gaping wound in his chest, within a few seconds, the wounds closed and he pulled out the dagger. “You fight well… But it’s still not enough, there was a grunt heard from where the portal was, Valan stood up, a gaping wound partially healed in his chest. His arms crackled with energy, he held them outstretched, and two large beams of red energy shot forth all around, slamming straight into the Dragon, and all the demons around them. It hit them straight on, completely vaporizing them. Valan slumped forward, and fell to the ground. Terra rushed over to the party, “Are you guys ok?” They all murmured a weak yes, and then they stood up and ran over to Valan. Earen put a hand to Valan’s neck, there was no pulse, and he wasn’t breathing. “He’s dead…” Kyrne put a hand on Earen’s shoulder, “There’s nothing else we can do… Let’s go take him outside.”

Kyrne picked up Valan and the party walked outside, as they left the main entrance the castle shuddered and started to melt into the ground. Kyrne set Valan down on the ground, the party just stared. They looked around, and finally came to rest on Earen. “Well where to?” Ywen asked.

There was a bright flash of red light, Valan stood up, “Am I dead?” a voice answered him “No, it is not your time, go back to your place.” And with that Valan felt like he was falling through the floor, everything went black and then he could see again. He saw Kyrne, Earen, Ywen, Shisho and Terra all walking along a forest path, Kyrne was carrying him. He let out a grunt, his wounds were healed for the most part, and the bleeding had stopped. The party all looked at him in amazement, “He’s alive!” Shisho said. Kyrne just dropped Valan with a thud. “Well, if you’re alive again, you can carry yourself…” Valan winced in pain, and then they heard some shrieks coming from the village ahead, some of the leftover demons were tearing through the village. The party ran forward and slaughtered the rest of the demons. They then heard a voice in their minds, “I shall be reincarnated again…”

Tags
dragon, itachi, librairian, reborn, revived, specter