Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Ryorinin-san Ryorinin-san is a female United States Ryorinin-san is offline
Dark Queen of Huggles
Send a message via AIM to Ryorinin-san
View Posts: 2,026
A Quest Unfinished (my former advancies)

Aurora brushed a stray curl from her face as she looked out over the same valley where she had left her closest students so long ago. Or, maybe it wasn't so long ago... It was hard to remember, so much had happened in the meantime. But, the Dome was safe again, and it had led her here. She could only assume that she was supposed to take care of some "unfinished business". So many of her students were left here with heavy matters on their hearts and minds. Matters that they hoped to resolve by finding the goal of the final quest she took them on. A quest that, unfortunately, she had been called away from when they had barely begun.

She wondered which of them would return to finish their quest, and if they needed to. She smiled, remembering the motley assortment of beings she called her class: Chetarren, the stoic and loyal centaur she shared a magical bond with, Ren, the half dragon who's heart was only beginning to heal, Blitz, the red-haired fire wielder who had mistaken her for a dignitary, Kenjin, a war between the light and the dark, Zolf, the purple haired chemist who could always make her smile, and a new arrival, an elf who shared her name.

OoC: So, there it is. Invitees, you know who you are. If you want in, then write yourself an intro and welcome aboard! ^^
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-14-2006, 09:58 PM
R.I.P. Trooper- 6/25/94 - 3/7/11

View Posts: 11,963
Re: A Quest Unfinished (my former advancies)

OoC: W00t! Ry-san's back!

BiC:

Kenjin stirred, winds gently caressing the folds of his gi.

A change in the wind has formed, he thought, keeping his eyes completely closed. He did not need to see to be able to tell his surroundings, the simple dojo that he had made his home. A table stood in the end of the room, with two chairs at each end, built of wood by the Encorna. A small bed that the being had never used was there as well, mainly for anyone brave enough to enter his room, when he did not desire to change the room's form.

His breathing increased, as he concentrated his energy to discovering the source. An enigmatic force was in the air, calling to him. The reason why was unclear, but that had never stopped Kenjin from doing anything. Often, the greatest of journeys began on a whim or, in this case, a change in the breeze.

Feel the Elements, he commanded himself, feeling the force of life flowing through the whole Dome, feeling his students, his co-workers, his rivals, something was different about this change. Something strange, yet familiar to him in some sense. Calling to him, and others as well. Chetarren, Blitz, his co-worker Aurora, the strange being Zolf, and one other, a being named Ren. Where do I know these fighters? I know Aurora and Zolf, and Kyô speaks of Blitz, but where are the others from?

He smiled inwardly, remembering through his past to find the names and where he had known those people. It had not been long ago, but it had not been a short time ago. For him, it was a blink of an eye. But, he was very old, and his past was much longer then most. Visions past through him, some of the past, some of the people he had once possessed, and some still of the future, which had yet to be explained.

"Aurora." The word echoed through the room, off the walls of the dojo. Even the weapons that adorned the walls shook, the vibration of his voice flowing through the Dome, though most outside save for the teachers knew who it was that could send ripples by speaking. "The Ominea has returned to my sights once more."

Ominea. The name itself brought back several memories for Kenjin, many being his transformations. Parts and pieces of his former selves still lived on in the Encorna, making him who he was. And with that came the Master of Darkness' hatred towards her for releasing his brother, and the Master of Light grateful for allowing him the chance to atone for his sins.

But the Encorna was different from both halves of his shell. The Encorna understood right and wrong, and knew he belonged to neither, just as he was neither good or evil, but a fused mix of both. He knew this, and thus, being mixed, his reaction was found rather simply in what he had always wished to do.

Battle the universe's strongest warrior.

Now is not the time to think of such things, he decided, knowing that at his present state he would not scratch Aurora. He still had far more training to go through before he would be ready to undertake a battle against her, and the dragon that protected her. There would be a day, but today was not that day.

Perhaps I should visit her, he thought, moving his iron-hard hands to his back, where a sword hung loosely from a rope in a dark sheath. a crystal hilt sprung from Thenatos' sheath, the dark orb slowly and slowly draining of its power. It would not be long before it was purified, he could feel its resistance to him waning. She has probably changed a great deal...

Kenjin rose from his meditative pose, standing tall at his full seven and a half feet. He raised his left hand to his eyes, keeping them shut as he did so. The shadows that made up his hair swirled around in sharp curves, sticking up everywhere. There was a small crack, and Kenjin vanished into nothing, following the energy he was sensing.

"You have returned."

Aurora didn't turn back, the figure casting her into shadows against the sun was someone she could not possibly forget, no matter how hard she tried to ignore his former sadistic ways. He had stated the obvious of course, for it was impossible for him not to say she hadn't returned to her after all.

"I have," she said, her voice calm and soothing. Kenjin's eyes remained closed, wanting to respect her privacy. "Why are you keeping your eyes closed?" she asked, not turning around, but sensing simply that the Encorna was using the Elements to see.

"Because," was his reply, trying to remain as collected as possible, "in the times you have been gone, we have all evolved, all of us from your former class. My transformation was unique, as were the others'. If I were to open my eyes, I would sink into your mind."

"Do you wish for that?" she asked, finally turning around to face him. He seemed taller then when they had last met, but he gave that impression anyway. "Do you believe that you can sink into my mind?" she asked, wondering how much ego was left in this version of the Encorna.

"If I can, I do not wish to test the theory," he answered, offering a small smile. "It would not be wise for what I believe you have gathered us for."

Signature by the Sinfully Delicious Lady Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen, about Power Shot
[11:35:27 AM] Anime_Queen says: thing is,
[11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
[11:35:48 AM] Anime_Queen says: quite unfortunate
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM
Greatest and Most Truly Interesting Pundit the Universe Has Ever Known
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel
View Posts: 6,793

Haha! ^^ This is going to be great fun... It's good to see you again, Ry-san! Can't wait to get this underway!

IC:

What am I doing here? he said aloud to himself, not hearing his words aurally. He did not remember entering the Dome at all, nor did he recall how he’d entered. But now he was hovering just a few feet off the ground, gazing out over a green valley that stretched on indefinitely toward a mountain. Who called me here?

The once-great swordsman had nothing better to do in his current state, so he floated along the gentle winds, eyes set on the mountain. He vaguely remembered being here at some point, but the occasion eluded him. It was some time until Blitz happened upon a figure in the distance, outlined in dark shadow against the base of the mountain. His initial impulse was to turn and take a detour through the forest to his right, but something drew his attention to that figure.

Could it be…? The spirit found himself moving toward the distant person, who he was now certain was female. Once close enough, he could tell she was facing away from him. Her voluminous, wavy, blonde hair was tied into a thick bun; her attire was unremarkable, but striking nonetheless. Blitz was about to circle around her when, much to his surprise, another person walked directly through him. He flinched at the strangely cold sensation, and flitted away from the two of them. He remained in earshot, waiting to see what the man would say.

"You have returned."

The woman responded, and the moment he heard her voice, he was certain. "I have." It was Aurora, the Ominae.

He listened half-heartedly to their conversation, wanting to say something but knowing she could not hear him. His depression returned full-force then. There was no way he could speak to anyone, not even the Ominae, his old teacher. He stared at her as she turned around, and seeing her face sent a chill through him. Would he ever be able to accept this…?
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-19-2006, 06:33 PM
Royal Hylian
View Posts: 980

Kaid pushed his way past the mangled brush of the Dranna Forest. The thick foliage tore at his clothes as he made his way into the center of the wood. Soft paw prints were evident on the small bit of dirt he could see, and the fresh scent of blood and upturned dirt was in the air, no less than fifty meters away. The thick trees and bushes still blocked his already mangled sight. Concentrating on the form of the wolf he was hunting he tried to mentally communicate with the beast, but to little avail.

“This is too far of a way to go for just a little wolf.” Kaid sighed to himself as he snagged his eye patch on one of the lower branches. All of this work reminded him of when he had been much younger. He smiled at the thought of his immaturity and overconfidence. “I was devout to killing Hyrusha back then, but what in the world am I supposed to do with my life now?” Kaid reached into his bag and withdrew a small flask, as the cool water hit his throat he was almost sorry he gave up liquor.

Suddenly he broke through the other side of the trees only to find a valley. Scanning the terrain quickly he noticed three figures on one side of the crevice. Instinctively, Kaid ducked his body to the ground and attempted to press himself against the rocks at an angle where the figures wouldn’t spot him. He silently drew an arrow from his quiver and his bow from his back. He took a peak around the rocks and quickly drew back. One of them had seen him.

I must act now… Kaid thought to himself as he pressed his body further into the earth. Wishing that he had stayed in the woods, Kaid dove forward and managed to shelve his arrow before moving into a tight roll. He let his arrow fly at the one who had spotted it, from the distance he could only see that it was a female form. He watched as the arrow drew closer to the woman, who didn’t move a muscle. It grew closer, and then she grabbed it by the shaft and snapped it in two.

“Oh my god…” Kaid said unbelievingly. It had happened to fast for him to react, the only thing he knew was he had to run, but his legs wouldn’t move. He stared in shock at the woman and then quickly focused himself to concentrate on her movement as her silhouette became clear.

“You have returned.”

Kaid dropped his bow as he saw her form take a shape he knew. It was her, his teacher. Aurora the Ominae. A smile crept across his face and his eye lit up. He had no idea of what she spoke, but seeing his teacher filled Kaid with happiness so he immediately answered. “I have.”
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-20-2006, 03:41 PM
kero-kero, kero-kero
Send a message via AIM to Batrachius Send a message via Yahoo to Batrachius

View Posts: 2,072

Long purple hair ruffled in the wind like a proud banner as a figure in a lab coat leaned complacently against silver railing, his albino pupils studiously observing the simple beauty of the wilderness beyond the ivory balcony of the Dome. He had found this interesting veranda while thinking of his native soil, and sure enough, a door leading to this pictorial view of tropical rainforest had materialized before his longing person.

Brảsil…” Reaching out, he took a lush leaf into his hand, careful not to rip it from the branch, and felt the cool sweat which was the only remaining sentiment from recent rainfall. “I missed you…almost as much as I miss mother…”

The familiar patter of a Domerii’s irregular hop caught his attention, and he turned slowly, to see a short, semi-translucent white blob looking up at him, with something floating in it’s stomach. Sliding his fingers through the gummy creature, he removed it quite easily. It was a scroll, and when he unfurled it, he began to read it aloud:

“Dear Zolf, The VALLEY…Wha—HEY! THAT’S IT?” He dropped the parchment, and looked back to where the Domerii was standing. It was gone, and in it’s place was a sapphire, glowing door with silver framing, standing in the middle of the balcony.

“Oh. Well, that explains everything.” Rolling his eyes, he kicked the door’s frame, a slightly juvenile expression of how odd the Dome’s tactics were. The door swung open, swayed drunkenly, and collapsed on top of him, forcing him through before he could even move away.

“CRAP-CRAP-CRAP!” Now he was falling, falling from a height so great he had never even contemplated trying to achieve. Being sure not to panic, he focused on his Auridiron arm, raising it over his head. While touching it with his other hand, which was in fact, flesh. When he came within sight of Aurora’s beautiful eyes, his arm glowed of the same color, a reminder of the unfinished trial which was to be completed today, even without his knowing. The azure light trailed behind his thin metal glider, like the trail of some glorious comet. When he was before his teacher once again, his arm returned to it’s original form, and he bowed his head in respect, hiding the huge smile on his lips.

“You’re back…I thought you’d never…” He was vaguely aware of the others, two of which were familiar, but all he cared about was seeing Aurora again.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Time flies when you're hitting people with sticks
Send a message via AIM to Shrub Send a message via Skype™ to Shrub

View Posts: 5,236

Ren leaned his back against the tree, staring into the camp fire that snapped and crackled in the forest. He lifted his head to stare up at the dark night with scarlet eyes. He could see a few stars through the thick canopy. A sharp throb in his left arm caused his right hand to grasp it. It had only been a few weeks since their battle with Nottuu, and his wounds were already almost healed. His friends, however, weren’t doing as well.

The Retuson restored his gaze to the two other around the fire. One was the largest out of them; the Dark Elf. Rontu was still wrapped with bandages around his right arm, his legs, and most of his torso, but the black of his trench coat and clothing covered it from view. His gold eyes were hidden in the shadow of his white hair. The front locks always fell in his face, the rest of his hair was held back in a ponytail. His black flesh made the colorless pigment of his hair stand out from the darkness of the rest of his figure. His strong arms were folded over his chest, his head was bowed. It looked as if he could be a sleep, but Rontu was pretty good at faking. Ren didn’t know any reason why he would fake … perhaps to catch an enemy off guard. The Dark Elf had become increasingly paranoid since the attack of the Gold rank Dark Elf … the Dark Elf’s own father.

Ren pulled his legs up against his chest, wrapping his arms around them and resting his chin in the grove between his knees. He always liked Rontu … even if the Dark Elf was rough, rude, and moody. He knew better than to think that was all he was. Ren always felt that he and Rontu were similar. They always had something in common. Both had been assassins, both regretting it, both having changed and moved away from their old ways. Both had fathers who wanted to kill them.

The Retuson lowered his eyes back to the fire. Were Nottuu, Nelu, Sheinron, and Emon … were they still out there ...? Were they still hunting them down? Most likely … He eyes closed softly. How were they going to survive this? He knew Nottuu and Nelu would never stop hunting them down. They barely survived this attack … How would they survive another one? Ren opened his eyes again, glancing at his surroundings with wide crimson eyes. They could be anywhere … they could attack anytime … The young Retuson’s mouth went dry at the thought. He shuddered, hugging his legs tighter to himself even though the fire before him kept his flesh warm. Okay … so he was scared. He could admit that to himself easily …well, more easily than in the past. It wasn’t every day that one had a couple of Dark Lords tracking them.

A short, sniffling whimper came to Ren’s pointed ears. He turned his gaze quickly to the right. Khaz was curled up on the forest floor, shivering in his sleep. At least he’s stopped screaming in his sleep … It wasn’t exactly the most pleasant thing to wake up to hearing your friend screaming and crying in his sleep. The Retuson’s eyebrows bent sympathetically at his Hylian friend. Khaz had his arms wrapped around himself on his side. The man’s face was tensed in his sleep; his cheeks were wet from previous tears in his sleep. Ren cast his gaze back over at the fire. He had been wondering for a while now … what had Nelu said to Khaz to make him freak out like that? It was mind boggling how Khaz could become a completely different person with in seconds. One was timid, klutzy, and not very bright—the Khaz Ren always knew. The other alter ego was violent, cruel, and insane. Though Ren didn’t like to admit it … that part of Khaz scared him. Khaz’s eyes could become so cold … so merciless. It wasn’t even fair to say those eyes belonged to his friend Khaz. Those eyes belonged to something else … something that Ren was sure was living inside his friend. Whatever it was … it appeared to be on their side at least. The Retuson was just nervous about the idea of having to see Khaz become that other person again. He just couldn't shake the image of Khaz … with bloody hands and those dark, empty eyes.

Ren stared into the glowing fire, still hugging his legs. On top of all these things … they still haven’t found the others yet. Leita, Kira, and Kai are still somewhere … where? This has added a lot of tension. Nottuu was after them as well … They had no idea where they could be. What if something happened to them? The teenage boy let his face sink into his knees. What are we going to do … I can’t stand all this pressure … all this stress is getting to me … we’re not strong enough … I’m not strong enough … we can’t win against this … they’re going to get us someday … we can’t run forever … we can’t even fight back without losing our lives … we’re … lost. Ren’s teeth grinded together in his mouth, his fingers dug into his pants. There’s nothing we … I can do …

There was another popping noise that came from the fire. Wait … Ren looked up at the fire and then around the small clearing in the forest. That didn’t sound like the fire … yet, it was familiar to him somehow. He had heard that same popping sound somewhere before ... The Retuson pushed himself up to his feet, standing up to turn around, looking for the source of the noise. It wasn’t until Ren looked at the tree that he had been leaning against that he realized what was odd about its appearance. There was a door carved into the tree, complete with a wooden handle. Ren blinked a few times. Okay … all this stress really has gone to my head … Yet, the noise he had heard did match the noise he had heard in the Dome whenever a door would appear out of nowhere. But … why? Out of all places and time? Why does it want me now?

Ren turned his head to look over his shoulder at Rontu, who had remained motionless. Okay, so he was thinking about going. The thought did linger in his mind. It was an open invitation … So … I’m just gonna ran away whenever the times get tough? He couldn’t leave his friends behind again … not like last time. Rontu nearly killed him when Ren had returned from the Dome. But … he just wanted to know why the Dome was calling him back. It must have a reason. He learned the hard way that when the Dome wants you … it’s not exactly a choice. He also knew that it wouldn’t let him leave unless he did what it wanted him to do. So once he goes through that door … there’s no telling when it will let him back out again.

The half dragon looked back at the door, rubbing the back of his neck as he studied it uncertainly. Ren bowed his head to stare at his boots. So what do I do …? This was probably the worst time the Dome could ask for him. Rontu and Khaz needed him. They can’t face Nottuu and the others alone. He let out a heavy sigh. The Dome would keep bothering him until he went through … he knew that much. There was nothing much to do about it … except to go through and do what it wanted him to do. Besides … maybe he would find Aurora again. Perhaps she could give him some advice about their situation with the Dark Lords. Ren lifted his head back up, his face set with determination. There’s nothing I can do … but go back to the Dome. He glanced over at Rontu and Khaz. He wished he could let them know why he had to leave, but Rontu would be furious if Ren woke him up to tell him that he was leaving them to rot with Dark lords on their tails again. The only way was now … while Rontu was a sleep.

Ren quickly pulled part of his cloth bandage down to expose a scabbing wound in his flesh. He tore a piece of his bandage off and pulled one of his smaller knives out of his coat. He pressed the sharp tip of his blade to the scab, producing more fresh blood from it. He barely flinched at the slight pain in his injury. He used his knife like a pen and scribbled quickly on the piece of his bandage:

“I’ll return.”

He stabbed his bloody message to the very tree with the door. He stabbed it to the right of the door. He cast one last glance at his sleeping companions. I’m sorry … The young Retuson turned his head back to face the wooden door knob. He grasped it and turned. He slowly opened the door as to not wake the sleeping Hylian and Dark Elf. He stepped through to find himself in a familiar place.

It was the very same valley Aurora had left him in before. The boy glanced around, blinking with confused eyes and eyebrows bent downward. However, his scarlet eyes soon rested on a person. A person with very familiar blue eyes and curly, blonde hair.

“Aurora!” he gasped, his face lighting up immediately—forgetting that he wasn’t suppose to care. A genuine smile caught his lips before he could stop himself.

“We must be greater than what we suffer.”
[Between the Worlds|A Light in the Dark|Empire of Darkness|Under the Red Sea]
Last Edited by Shrub; 05-21-2006 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

OoC: Just a reminder. Blitz is currently dead. He's a ghost, so unless you have extraordinary magical abilities, or are talented in such an area, you won't be able to see him. That excludes everybody here as far as I know, with the exception of Aurora, and possibly Kenjin, who might see him as a sort of pocket of fire aura.

BiC: How did i know he'd be the first one here? she thought with a sarcastic smile. Aurora gave the tall man before her a fleeting examination. "You certainly have changed, Kenjin..." she fought not to add a reverent "thank the One" on the end of the statement. "Heheh, but we'll see..."

She felt a presence nearby, and turned to see a familiar, if now translucent, face. Upon seeing her face, the ghostly figure took on an expression of such utter dejection and depression, she almost shed a tear for him. "Why are you so sad?" He actually spun around to look behind him, to see if someone else was there. "Blitz...." she called softly.

He spun to look at her, his face a mask of shock. "You.... You can..." She simply raised a hand, close to his cheek, letting her aura brush against him. She thought for a moment that he flinched.

Now, something brushed her mind... someone she knew from early in her days of teaching in the Dome. One who shouldn't have known about this quest. She never thought she'd see him again.... Apparently, he didn't recognize her immediately because he immediately let an arrow fly at her. She quickly dispatched the attack, smiling a little at the familiar, feathered flight. "You have returned."

He left his bow on the ground, fairly running to her. He stopped a few feet from her, fairly bristling with emotion, seeming almost afraid to get too close, like she might disappear. "I have." They smiled at one another as she was distracted by yet one more approaching figure, this one coming from the sky.

“You’re back…I thought you’d never…”

She smiled. "It's good to see you again, Zolf. Looks like the arm is doing well."

He grinned back. "It's a new substance! I named it Auridiron, after you..."

"Hehe, I'm flattered."

"Aurora!"

The summoner turned to see yet one more familiar face. The Retuson nearly ran to her, his face beaming with a smile she couldn't rememebr him ever wearing for her. Could he be that happy to see her again? Could each of them really have missed her so intensely, in their own ways? "Hello, Ren. It's good to see you again."
Last Edited by Ryorinin-san; 05-21-2006 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-21-2006, 07:48 PM

The Encorna fell silent, allowing the Ominea to greet her other students. He would refrain from the Shikenji in his former teacher's presence, it was the most common of his attacks, and Aurora was by no means a common warrior. He felt her aura, the others aura, and most of all, the aura of someone who should not be in this world.

Blitz, he thought, turning his closed eyes onto where the ghost was standing, watching the mortals speak. Though the Wielder of the Sword was gone, he left behind an imprint of the Element of Fire he had once held. An imprint that was as good as identification to Kenjin. You have descended to our world.

Blitz's ghost jerked, surprised that not only Aurora could see him, but so could the being that was completely silent. In fact, he was fairly certain that Kenjin had not spoken, concealing the knowledge that he was there from the others. The flame wielder did not respond, he did not need to.

Kenjin turned his focus onto the other students. Ren and Zolf had returned, Kenjin could sense their aura around him. They had grown powerful, he made sure to note that. I wonder how they would fare in combat, he thought, keeping his idea to himself. He did enjoy a good battle every now and then.

And then there was the strange, whom he did not know by person, but whose reputation he remembered from reading the history of the Dome. Kaid, a stranger who had graduated from the Dome, one of the few, had attempted to shoot the teacher with an arrow. He had obviously been gone for some time, to not recognize Aurora.

Mortals lead such short lives, it's amazing they don't forget everything, he muttered silently, watching without sight. He had lived long, and remembered all of his former forms and ways of life. Mortals forgot because they lived such small lives, though it should be the other way around. Sometimes, the world made little sense, even to Kenjin.

He crossed his arms, wondering why Aurora would choose now to summon them, and why she wished to complete their last mission...

Quote:
[11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2006, 01:09 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

OoC: I have purposefully eliminated any sort of post order from this thread, since it only seems to cause problems, so write whenever you feel like it, or have something to add to the adventure. ^_^

BiC: Aurora looked around at the group of men. There were still a couple of people missing, but the Dome would see that they caught up. "I suppose you're wondering why the Dome brought you all here, to this place again." There were several nods, and so she continued. She smiled msichieviously. "Truthfully, I was wondering that myself!" Ren rolled his eyes, and Zolf actually smacked his forehead comically. She chuckled and continued. "I suppose, the Dome decided it was time I picked up where I left off. Therefore, it's only logical that we continue in the direction we were originally headed. So.... onward we go!" With that, the Ominae struck out down the hill, across the valley and toward the mountains looming high overhead.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2006, 12:00 PM
kero-kero, kero-kero
Send a message via AIM to Batrachius Send a message via Yahoo to Batrachius

View Posts: 2,072

"Hoo, boy. Never thought I'd get to say this, but Aurora, It's good to see your fair face again."

Zolf's hands were relaxedly folded against the back of his head, bowing his impressive muscles as his quick steps carried him at a speed identical to his teacher's no-nonsense walk. Practically a strut, though not an arrogant one. She was above that, of course. Aurora was above a lot of things, as far as Zolf was concerned. Restless as ever, she was the heart of the Dome, to him and probably many others.

That weird guy with the "Master" thing going on, Kenjin, was back, apparently, and so was the angsty guy about Zolf's age. Kenjin was different, there was no doubt about that. He seemed whole now, and at peace. Ren still seemed the way he always was, however, he had a more worried aura about him than ever before. Then there was this new guy, with the eyepatch. Zolf wondered if he was a pirate. Kenjin and Ren were close behind, but the elf and the pseudo were walking on both sides of the summoner, as they continued the journey.

Zolf had a sudden thought, and it was of the flame-wielder, Blitz. For an instant, he had a clear image of the man, holding his sword. In that flash of impression, he suddenly froze in his tracks, and coughed. Trying to look careless, he held his white coat a little closer to himself.

"Little cold out here..." The others stared, said nothing. Ren had nearly ran into him, and was waiting for him to move. Hoping that he didn't look like a complete ass, he started walking again, after muttering an apology.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Time flies when you're hitting people with sticks
Send a message via AIM to Shrub Send a message via Skype™ to Shrub

View Posts: 5,236

OoC: I believe I have discussed Blitz with Wielder ^_^

BiC: Ren glanced around. So here I am … again. He could barely remember what this quest was about anymore. Well, he might as well go through with it … maybe there was something in it that could help him, Rontu, and Khaz out with those Dark Lords. However, there was a rather odd sight that came to his crimson eyes as he glanced around. Hey … isn’t that Blitz? It seemed to be him, but he was floating. The Retuson furrowed his white eyebrows, quickly increasing his pace to catch up with Aurora, sliding in between her and Zolf. Looking over at her, he asked, “Aurora … what’s wrong with Blitz?”

OoC: heh, Ry-san will probably know why Ren can see him and Wielder knows too. Plus, those who know, please keep it our sweet little secret.

“We must be greater than what we suffer.”
[Between the Worlds|A Light in the Dark|Empire of Darkness|Under the Red Sea]
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth
Steam ID: Tiroth 3DS ID: 3480-3281-7807

View Posts: 10,415

OoC: Apologies for taking this long to join in.

BiC: Chetarren knelt on the grass at the side of the valley, carefully using cloth rags to clean his old weapons. He’d recently had to hunt down some fresh meat for himself, to augment his scavenged diet, and the deer’s blood had dried on the blade of his spear faster than the centaur had expected.

The old general had nearly finished cleaning the blade when he saw a group of people walking along the valley out of the corner of one eye. Turning his head, the warrior of the Moon-Gods smiled slightly at the figure at the head of the group. She moved with the easy grace imparted to her by the many years she had lived and served her cause, her long blonde hair coiled up around her head and single bracelet flashing in the sun.

Chetarren allowed the group to get closer to him before he reacted more to their presence, making sure that the last of the blood had been cleared from his spear – the last thing the warrior wanted was for his weaponry to be in anything less than peak condition.

By the time Aurora’s old student had finished with his weapons, the party down below on the valley floor had already spotted him, and stood waiting on the grass. Stretching his muscles, the centaur rose to his full height and cantered down towards them, his hammer slung over one shoulder and spear in the opposite hand. Chetarren stopped a short way from them and bowed to his friend and teacher. “Good morning, my lady, and welcome back to the Dome. Your presence has been missed these past months.”

OoC: I stopped there because I didn't want to take it too far and spoil anything Ry has planned.

*awaits next person*

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2006, 04:10 AM

Kenjin followed silently, keeping himself to himself. He sensed the power that came from the valley, but did not act upon it. He knew what was, or who was, down there, and he was content to wait to meet the old centaur. He smiled inwardly, considering the possibilities of a more powerful Chetarren in combat.

He paused briefly, as the general rose to greet the company. Blitz's ghost hung to the sides, distant from the others. Kenjin followed last, wanting to assess his own theories as to the power that they sought. No matter, he decided, adjusting Thenatos' sheath on his back. All will be revealed in time, there is no hurry.

Chetarren greeted Aurora first, before meeting with Ren and Zolf. The centaur regarded Kain with a friendly gesture, clasping the other's hand, before turning to the Encorna with a look of surprise on his face. Kenjin himself smiled, it had been a long time for the rivals.

"You have evolved," Kenjin said, walking up to Chetarren with his arms folded across his chest. "It is nice to see you once more, Chetarren."

Chetarren stood silent, assessing Kenjin just as the other had done. "Not as much as you," he replied finally, "you're taller than me now."

The Encorna offered another smile, before resuming his normal, emotionless face. "Times change and we change with them; old centaur, you know this better than most." The two nodded, and Kenjin stepped backwards, returning to his prior position at the back of the troope. Aurora spoke with Chetarren a few more words of greeting, before they once more resumed their walk through the shaded valley, the day shining quite clearly around them.

Kenjin sank deep within himself, pondering the reason that their travels should continue. It must be something powerful, Kenjin thought, for Aurora to summon them after so long. Perhaps it is a power source, or a special attack. Whatever it was, he could wait. Kenjin had lived since the beginning, a few days or weeks was nothing to him. Just another adventure.

The group continued for the remainder of the day, all conversing with one another. It had been some time since they had seen one another, Kenjin had not even seen Zolf, despite both lived in the Dome. Zolf and Ren spoke, while Chetarren remained by Aurora's side. Kaid either did not want to speak, or had no one with which to speak. Blitz's ghost could not, it simply followed them.

Kenjin considered what Blitz was doing on the mission. In general, the dead remained dead, but that could always be changed. Perhaps the mission would provide Blitz with some way to revive himself. Kenjin hoped that was the case, because Blitz was a strong opponent.

The Encorna remained by himself, content to follow the others. He sensed their auras, their elements, and considered how far they had gone in strength. There was a reason that Aurora had brought them here, but his eyes remained sealed, determined to not use them. Do not see into their minds, he told himself. I will not find the answers I seek there.

He continued on, wrapped in his own shell of thoughts.

Quote:
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-21-2006, 08:14 PM
Greatest and Most Truly Interesting Pundit the Universe Has Ever Known
Send a message via AIM to Vroomfondel Send a message via Yahoo to Vroomfondel Send a message via Skype™ to Vroomfondel
View Posts: 6,793

Not only can Aurora and Kenjin see me, but Ren, too? Blitz marveled to himself, watching the dragon-boy rush toward the party’s old teacher. Not particularly interested in being noticed, the fire innate floated some distance behind the group as they trekked. It was an amazing sight; so many people returning from who knew where to travel alongside the Ominae in this silent expanse of green. But why can some see me? Baffled, he almost missed the familiar centaur’s arrival. Twice had they met; once in a dangerous mission in the Dome; and once more, sometime before that, in these very lowlands.

Maybe it’s only those with a link to the spirit world that can see me? pondered the ex-swordsman. I wonder if he can, too? Curious, Blitz hovered over to the large horseman, stopping directly in front of him. An odd tingling sensation swept across his body as Chetarren passed right through him, completely oblivious. Were Blitz able to sigh, he would have. If a creature of such powerful magic couldn’t perceive him, how could the Tears? It seemed hopeless. Would he ever speak to his beloved again?

Tokumaru’s face flashed through his mind, and he ground his ethereal teeth. No…I’ll prove him wrong. I will see her again! Then I’ll never forgive him. Blitz became aware that he’d unconsciously sunk to the ground, and was now walking. Glancing at his feet in mild irritation, he floated upward again and followed behind the others.

Far across the prairie and high above their heads lay a majestic, snowcapped mountain, so tall that its peak was hidden in the clouds. The reward on that mountain… Maybe it can restore me to life? It seemed like too much to ask that, so soon after being separated from everything he knew and loved, he could be reunited with his wife. An old parable came to mind; one he’d heard from his commanding officer: “Hope is what keeps you going when there’s nothing left.”

Hope…guess I’ll just have to hang on to it.
Last Edited by Vroomfondel; 06-21-2006 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote

Tags
advancies, quest, unfinished