Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Zelda Wiki Systems Administrator
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin ZW

View Posts: 1,049
When an Angel cries (Anth'dra)

Anyone wanna fight? I just got her approved and I want someone to test her with. There's a link to her in my sig. Don't worry, she isn't an ultra-murderer. She's just really fast so if you have a slower character then it might be a bad idea. Just let me know you wanna fight and we'll get started. Peace out, dawgs!

Also a devout brony for life.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Halcyon Hero Halcyon Hero is a male United States Halcyon Hero is offline
View Posts: 16,647
Re: When an Angel cries (Anth'dra)

I shall fight you. Just start it. By the way, you can post stuff like this in the Out of Character thread, and then start a new thread when someone takes up your offer.

#3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-30-2006, 06:36 PM

Ok that's cool. But I have no idea wtf an OoC thread is. I may have been here for a year or two but since I left for about 5 months I'm still an idiot at a lot of junk. Oh well!

It was a cold day in August. Summer was ending and turning to fall. The leaves were turning different colors and falling off the trees. Meanwhile, in a small clearing, a Kanta'ien named Anth'dra has come to meditate.

"It is a strange day... The air is stale, and the wind is heavy..." She said. Suddenly, she heard something. *Rustle, rustle* It came from behind the bushes. "Who is there?! Show yourself!" She yelled.

"Heh heh heh heh heh... What is a young lady like you doing out here all alone? It is dangerous." Said a voice. Anth'dra sheathed her blade and grabbed her bow. She nocked an arrow and fired directly at the source of the sound. "Argh! That hurt! How dare you?! I shall have to teach you some manners!"

"Come, and we shall see who is stronger!" She said. She put away her bow and unsheathed her blade once more. A figure emerged from the bushes.

"Say, lady, what is your name?" The figure asked. It was still concealed so she could not tell if it was a man or woman.

"A-Anth'dra." She replied.

OoC: Just pick up where I left off.

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2006, 04:31 PM

OoC: The OoC Thread is the Out of Character Thread.

BiC: "Well Anth'dra, I must say, an arrow through the hand is a very poor way to greet someone." The figure said, holding up a hand in the moonlight. The Kanta'ien's arrow had pierced the hand, a half of the shaft on either side of it. The rest of the newcomer followed the hand into the moonlight, pulling out the arrow as it went.

As the pale silvery light fell on the stranger, Anth'dra could now clearly tell that it was a man. Dark hair hung down over his face, hiding most of it. A dark cape flowed out behind that man as he walked toward the Kanta'ien. The man stopped right in front of the woman and looked up in order to view her face. As he looked up, the woman was able to fully examine his features.

His face was very sharp, and his long and thin nose supported a pair of glasses that hid his eyes behind dark lenses. Anth'dra squinted, but despite how hard she tried, she cound not tell if his skin was tht pale, or if it was just an effect of the silvery moonlight. With a tsking noise, the man shook his head.

"Now, now. This won't do at at. I'll get a crick in my neck if I have to continue looking up at you like this much longer." Suddenly, the man's feet slowly rose off the gound. Gradually, his eyes leveled with hers. "There." He proclaimed. "Much better. I say, you look much, much better up here than from below." He told her. Even though she couldn't see through his sun glasses, she got the feeling that his eyes were running all over her body.

"You're very beautiful." He told her, raising a long hand to stroke her cheek and push back her golden hair. "By the way," He continued, raising his other hand, "I believe this is yours." In his left hand was the arrow she shot him with. He slid the shaft behind her ear, and as he did so, she noticed that even though there was a smudge of blood, his hand was devoid of any wound.

Eyes hardening, she slapped his hands away and stepped away from him. "Get away from me, you jerk!'' She yelled, raising her sword.

"Now, now." He said, shaking his head in disappointment. "I haven't even told you my name. How can you say such things about someone when you don't even know their name?"

"Fine!" She spat. "What's you name?"

The man smiled, showing two long canines. "Vanyel."

#5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-31-2006, 05:39 PM

Anth'dra gasped. "You are a vampire! I will seal you, demon!" She growled.

"What?! How dare you?! Is that how you treat someone who has complimented you?! I must teach you some manners!" Vanyel snarled. He drew a broadsword with strange marking etched in it. It was a scary weapon that looked like it could make the opponent double over in fear. "This sword is called Soul Blood. It will be your end!" he said.

"Fine! And this," she began, "is Harath'naka!" She drew her blade. It had many Kanta'ien runes carved into it, and it was very elegant and dignified. It looked like it had come from an age gone bye. "Come and get me, Vanyel!" she yelled.

"Oh, I couldn't. Ladies first." He said with a strange smile. Anth'dra was puzzled, but she leapt into the air with great speed. Vanyel jumped after her. She swung her blade at him but he blocked it with his own and slashed her. She screamed and fell. "Come on! Is that your best?" Vanyel said.

"I'm not done yet!" Anth'dra yelled. As Vanyel came back down, she thrust her sword upwards into him.

"What is this? You'll have to do better than that." He said. He pushed her blade out of himself and landed. It had not even left a mark.

"What is this trickery?! How can you be unharmed?!?!" Anth'dra asked, frantic. Vanyel just laughed. "Fine! Prepare yourself!" she said. He drew his blade to the front and fixed his sunglasses. His black cape waved in the wind, dark as night. The thought then occured to Anth'dra: "I can't harm him... I'm going to lose..."

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-01-2006, 08:18 PM

OoC: Well, the whole healing thing, isn't that strong. If he gets stabbed through the gut, it will take a little time to heal a wound like that.

BiC: Advancing on the hesitant and somewhat stunned woman, Vanyel pulled back his blade. As the vampire swung, Anth'dra gained just enough presence of mind to block with her own sword. The magical blades collided with a loud clang, the shock sending Hara'th Naka flying to the side.

Vanyel laughed and put a hand up to her face again. The touch of his cold hand woke her out of her shock, allowing her to slap his hand away and leap backwards.

"Thats really not very nice." Vanyel sighed, shaking his head. "Why are you so scared? Just what have I done to you? As I recall, you attacked me, when I was merely walking along."

"You're a vampire! Of course I have to destroy you!" The Kanta'ien spat. Vanyel sighed again and turned his sword over, leaning on it.

"Thats really too bad. You know, us vampires get a really bad rep. It's not my fault I'm a vampire. And everyone assumes I'm out to get them."

"You mean.... you don't drink blood?" Anth'dra asked, tilting her head.

"Of course I do. I mean, I am a vampire."

"Wait, but you just said-"

"Yeah, I do drink blood, but that doesn't mean I like it, or that I just do it for fun. I only drink as much as it takes to stay alive." He told her, straightening up and pulling his sword out of the ground. "So, what now?"

Anth'dra moved her foot back and drew her bow. "I still have to destroy you!" For the third time since meeting the Kanta'ien, Vanyel sighed. Anth'dra nocked an arrow and quickly fired at the vampire. Holding his sword upside down and behind him, Vanyel ducked under the projectile and ran at the woman.

The ancient being spun around, his sword and right leg swinging out in front of him. His leg sent up a small cloud of dirt and dust, blinding Anth'dra as Soul Blood cut into her lower chest. Using his momentium as Anth'dra cried out, Vanyel continued his spin, bringing his broadsword up to cut into Anth'dra's elbow.

The vampire flipped away, his sword dripping blood. As Anth'dra blinked the dirt out of her eyes, she saw Vanyel raise the blade to his mouth and lick the blood out the edge of the blade.

"Yum." He said, grinning. "Your blood is as wonderful as your beauty."

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2006, 03:45 PM

OoC: oh...I didn't know it was healing... oops...

BiC: "Ow! You shall pay for that, demon!"Anth'dra yelled. She suddenly realized Vanyel's main weakness: light. Being a vampire, it could easily sap his strength. But, it was night and the sun was nowhere. She then remembered that her arrows could glow with a mystical light if she put some of her energy in them. She nocked an arrow and charged it with some of her energy. It began to glow. Vanyel looked up at her and saw the arrow. His face was filled with fear.

"Argh! Light!" He said. It wasn't very bright, but if it connected, he would become very weak and probably would not heal. "No you don't!" he yelled. He threw Soul Blood at her, but she managed to dodge it. She fired the arrow and hit his leg. "Arrrgh!" He cried out. He fell to the ground, looking weak. The light was too close; he couldn't do anything. Anth'dra grabbed Hara'th Naka and swung repetetively at Vanyel. The light began to fade, and he gained back enough strength to pull it out and break it. He began to recover his power. Anth'dra jumped back and grabbed Soul Blood. She regretted it instantly, as it burned her hands and sucked some of her energy. She dropped it quickly.

"What on earth?!" she strained to say.

"Hmhmhmhm. A mortal like you cannot wield Soul Blood. Only vampires can use its special power, as we are immune to the effects." Vanyel said with a haunting grin. He began to walk toward her, but stopped and grimaced, looking at his chest. The wounds were still there! He wasn't able to heal them! And, his sword was behind Anth'dra. "What am I going to do...?" he thought. "Yes! I can try to gain control over her to regain it!"
He began saying strange words and moving his hands. Suddenly, Anth'dra became stiff. She couldn't move or control her body. Vanyel had possessed her.

"Argh...! Get...out of...me!" she struggled to say. Vanyel was silent. She moved toward Soul Blade and picked up the blade, yet it did not burn. She walked over to him and handed it to him. She suddenly gained her body back. "YOU VILE CREATURE!!!! This act will not go unpunished!" She screamed. Vanyel removed his sunglasses, revealing eyes that were mesmerizing. They looked evil, yet Anth'dra noticed that she could not see true evil in them...
Vanyel wiped them off and put them back on.

"Alright! You've managed to give me a little lasting damage, but I guarantee that you won't be using that arrow trick again!" Vanyel said. "Hm...it is a shame that you will die. You are so beautiful. Hmm...I'll tell you what. I'll give you a head start this time. Come at me, hit me with your best shot." He sheathed Soul Blood and stood still, his long cape flapping in the wind. Anth'dra was suspicious. Was this a trick? She didn't have much time to think, so she rushed in.

OoC: I'm actually eager to see how this ends. If Anth'dra has any chance of winning, she better do it before Vanyel can heal again! And by the way, don't worry about the arrow thing. When Soul Blood touched her, it took too much of her energy away. It was a one time thing.

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-03-2006, 07:25 PM

OoC: Hmmmm.......Vanyel can't possess people, but I guess it doesn't matter much since he could have just summoned his sword to him.

BiC: Vanyel could feel his wounds beginning to heal, but they wouldn't heal completely for several more minutes. As the Kant'ien ran at him, he prepared himself for the complicated manuever he was about to attempt. The vampire was confident in his ability, by he had to concentrate. Since he was unarmed, Anth'dra has the immediate advantage. But only for a moment. Once he got inside her attack range, the advantage would shift to him.

Anth'dra stooped down and heaved her sword forward in a horizontal slice. Vanyel leapt into the air, dodging the blow, but the woman changed the angle of the attack and brought the blade upwards, cutting into Vanyel's right leg.

The vampire winced, but ignored the wound. He flipped over and kicked down at the back of Anth'dra's head. As the woman staggered, Vanyel jabbed out with his open hand, digging his fingers into the Kant'ien's ribs. Quickly, he followed the jab with another to the elbow, and a swift kick in the back of the knee.

Anth'dra cried out, falling to her knees. Vanyel put a hand to his broadsword, ready to draw it, when the fighter spun around on the ground, elbowing the vampire in the gut. But she didn't stop there. As the winded Vanyel doubled over, Anth'dra kneed him in the face, knocking him over backwards. Extending his hands, the 700+ year old flipped back, blood dripping from his nose.

"That, was not nice." He growled, wiping the nose from his face, while holding himself off the ground with his other three limbs. Putting his other hand down on the ground, the vampire dug his fingers into the eath and shot forward, flying along the grass.

Anth'dra raised her sword above her head and jumped up in the air. As the woman started to come back down, Vanyel flipped over and kicked her in the chin, sending her flying right back up. Kicking off from the ground, Vanyel flew up under the Kanta'ien and slipped his arms under her shoulders. The vampire flew up, holding the struggling Anth'dra.

"Put me down!" Anth'dra yelled, flailing her legs. Vanyel chuckled and put his head down by her ear.

"So," He asked. "What shall you do now? I have you here, floating in mid air, at my mercy. I don't want to harm you, but thats hard to do when you are attacking me!"

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-04-2006, 05:28 PM

OoC: Oh...well, it makes for some cool stuff, huh?

BiC: Anth'dra was desperate. She could do nothing but struggle. He had her tight; she could not get free. Suddenly, something awakened inside her. Something strong. She knew instantly: Her desperation had triggered a humongous power reaction, awakening a strength she never knew.

"You will release me!!" She yelled. Her arms flew outwards to the sides, and her legs went stiff. Bright light came from her eyes and mouth. Vanyel was blinded and let go of her, yet she floated still. Suddenly, she jerked and looked at the vampire. Vanyel was paralyzed with fear: She looked like she did not know the meaning of the word mercy. She began to float toward him, and he forced himself to move. He sliced at her with Soul Blood, but when it contacted, nothing happened. She had a barrier protecting her from the sinister blade. However, Anth'dra just slowly returned to the ground. The light faded; she was no longer in distress. Her adrenaline returned to normal.

"Alright I've had enough of these tricks!" Vanyel said. He took his cape and wrapped it around his face. Suddenly, it disappeared, and instead of Vanyel, a small bat hovered. Anth'dra realized that he had transformed. He was weak now, but much too fast and small to hit. Even with her bow skills, she could never hit such a mark.

"Come on! You say that you will defeat me, yet you show such cowardice?!" Anth'dra spat. Vanyel flew at her, fangs barred. He got behind her and became a vampire again. He tried to bite her neck, but she moved and he hit her armor. "You are despicable!" Anth'dra said with disgust.

"Hmph. You are always insul-" Vanyel began. He stopped when he felt a pain in his stomach. He looked down and saw Hara'th Naka. She had stabbed him when he was unprepared. Anth'dra withdrew her blade, and Vanyel fell to the ground, coughing blood.

"You talk too much, Vanyel," Anth'dra said. She called him by name for the first time.

"So... what will you do with me now?" Vanyel asked, coughing. He knew that he wasn't going to die, but he couldn't move as fast as he could before, and she would surely strike him down.

"I will tell you what," Anth'dra began. "If you give me proof that you are not evil, I will not destroy you." She nocked an arrow. In his mind, Vanyel laughed.

"Perfect! If I can stall her long enough, this wound will heal, allowing me to fight again!" He thought. "But how can I stall her long enough? Surely she will see it begin to heal and fire...This is a bad situation..."

"Well?" Anth'dra asked.

"Ok. Here are some reasons..." Vanyel began.

OoC: I really hope I'm not controlling Vanyel too much. I'm kinda setting myself up to die here. I don't know how to win without making the other person mad

Last Edited by Justin ZW; 04-11-2006 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-07-2006, 12:11 AM

OoC: What's the Fury of the Ancients? There's nothing like that in her profile. And no, you're not controlling him too much. He would have said some of the things differently, but you didn't make him say anything that wasn't completely out of character or important. And unless you start God-Moding, there's no reason for the other person to get mad if you beat them. After all, its about fun, not winning (although winning is fun ). And why do you want your char to die?

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2006, 07:36 PM

OoC: I kinda made it up...at the spur of the moment...sorry...I'm really bad about that... Mm... Maybe I should redo that last one... When I have time... Sorry about that, I had writer's block. And I'm just afraid that if I win it would be bad. Does the char. have to die to lose?

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2006, 10:29 PM

OoC: No, a char can be beaten and either retreat, or just be left there. And for the Fury thing, just change it to "an emotional surge of strength", or something like that. And if a person can't handle being beaten fairly, it's their problem.

#13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-11-2006, 03:28 PM

OoC: Ah ok. I changed it. And now my only question is: How do we get the fight going again?

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-19-2006, 02:44 PM

OoC: Like this.

BiC: Vanyel's mind sprung into hyper speed, his eyes darting around and taking in the area, looking for an escape route just in case the woman changed her mind and attacked him on spite. Women were like that sometimes.

"Well," he said, licking his lips. "For one, I've told you multiple times that I didn't want to hurt you. After all, you're the one that attacked me. I was just passing by."

"Ha!" Anth'dra laughed. "How do I know that? How do I know that you weren't sneaking up on me, in order to drink my blood?"

"Because," the vampire smirked. "If I was going to attack you, not only would you have never heard me, I would have gone about it differently. If I needed to, I would have simply dropped down from the sky rather than fight my way through a bush."

"Hmph." Was Anth'dra's only reply.

"And besides, I had you at my mercy, and I told you that I was willing to let you go. I could have easily drank your blood right then. My mouth was literally inches from your neck, and yet I did not harm you at all."

The woman's bow slowly lowered. "Well....thats true...."

Vanyel grunted as he got to his feet. His wound had healed mostly, but he was still at a big disadvantage in this condition. "I also have another reason." He told her, floating toward the woman. Swiftly, he pushed her bow to the side and leaned up against her.

Tilting her chin up, he pressed his lips against hers, licking the inside of her upper lip with his tongue. Vanyel silently chuckled inside at Anth'dra's shocked expression, her body going limp with surprize. Finally, he stepped away from her as her bow fell to ground.

"Well?"

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2006, 06:01 PM

"Because," Vanyel said, "I can't hurt such a beautiful woman. It goes against my morals."

"Morals? I assume that they include murdering and terrorizing innocents!" Anth'dra spat.

"WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST ME?!" Vanyel yelled. "I simply came to see what a young lady such as you was doing out after dark! I was worried that something might happen! Yet just because I am a vampire, you try to take my head off!! Rethink this! Who's the scum here?! Me, just because I'm a vampire? NO! I never ASKED to be this way! Why should I suffer just because I AM?! Look at you! You attack without mercy just because I have sharp canine teeth, can turn into a bat and fly, and drink blood! I guarantee that you are indeed the LOWEST Kanta'ien of them ALL!" he finished, his temples pulsing. Anth'dra stopped.

"You're right...I have had no proof that you carry ill will towards me. You were only defending yourself. I apologize, Vanyel," she said, hanging her head. "I have disgraced my people, and dishonored our way. I am not worthy to be called a Holy Savior." Tears formed in her eyes. Vanyel stepped back from her. He saw the tears and felt sad inside.

OoC: Holy Savior has to do with my story. Just ignore it for now.

BiC: "Oh...don't be so hard. I was merely irritated. You just didn't know. Hey, we'll keep this a secret between you and me," Vanyel said with a smile. Anth'dra looked at him.

"Thank you, Vanyel. I am in your debt," Anth'dra said.

"I'll tell you how to repay me. Remember: not all vampires are bad. That also goes for other things, too. If you can remember this, you will have repaid me," Vanyel said with a smile. He picked up Soul Blood, sheathed it, and began to walk off. "Goodbye, Anth'dra. Maybe we will meet again one day."

Anth'dra picked up her bow and put it away, then did the same with her sword. She felt that it was a good meeting. She knew that she had made a new friend and learned an important lesson. As she looked up at the sky, she saw a small bat fly by. She smiled and headed back for her camp, where Inataro and Alturilas were waiting.

That was pretty neat! Plus, no one lost, so we're all happy! Yay! Did I do a good job?

Last Edited by Justin ZW; 07-07-2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-13-2006, 08:09 PM

OoC: Yes, nicely done. Except....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
"..Vanyel," she said, hanging her head. She called him by his name for the first time.
Thats the second time you used that line. She can't call him by his name for the first time twice.

#17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-07-2006, 11:52 AM

Hey sorry for the extra long delay. Been on Myspace and whatnot. Fixed that up.

Tags
angel, anthdra, cries