Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2003, 12:25 AM
Goron
View Posts: 160
Duel on Dragon Roost (Open to all Challengers)

Hello anyone who's online at one' o clock in the morning! Which is... no one. So anyway, I wish to fight someone! I challenge anyone to a duel on top of my fighter's home turf! Dragon Roost Island! The great Valoo is on Holiday so now it's just like on Death Mountain. A big lava filled mountain surrounded by water. I'll be using my only fighter Maverick. So, do I have any takers?

“Give me my hat back, you blasted theoretical space time model! I need that +3!”-Red Mage

“Let’s let bygones be—Amnesia Dust in the Face! Ha!”-Thief

“Remember kids, with great power come great opportunity to abuse that power.”-Black Mage
Last Edited by The Deku Link; 08-06-2003 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2003, 06:06 PM
The silent observer since 2003
View Posts: 2,270
Re: Duel on Dragon Roost

I'm in, i'll be using my Daemon Slayer 'Gatruk Ironbeard'. Read his profile, so you are better prepared.

Remember your daemon magic, doesn't have any effect in my presence, just so you remember.

You make the first move.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Goron

OoC: Marvolous! Enter my domain!

-Dragon Roost

Gatruck Ironbeard had been climbing the huge island all night in an attempt to reach the top. The inhabitants of the island had told the daemon slayer of a mighty daemon warlord who lived on the island but had recently went to the top of it. He had not come down in many days.

As Gatruck reached the top he was relieved and joyous, but as he looked around, he saw no daemon. He took another glance but all that was on the volcano top was a single Rito villager, sitting on a lawn chair with a tropical drink.

"Excuse me Rito! Have you seen..."

"Maverick?" Said the Rito. "You're lookin at him!" Gatruck looked a little relieved.

"So, this is the mighty Maverick. The mighty daemon warlord, sent up from hell! I was expecting somthing more." Said Gatruck as he readied his mighty axe.

"What ya see is what ya get! So I hear you're the dwarf blessed by the gods to resist daemonic magic. Well don't think that, that advantage will win you this fight. I may be a Necromancer, but that's not my only magical ability" Said Maverick as his cape transeformed into steel blades surrounding his arms. (Note his cape is not a demonic instrument, it is mearly a mystical cape) "That for instance! Now... Let's go!" With that the daemon bird zoomed off at light speed and flew circles around the dwarf preparing to attack.

OoC: Well how was that? Good luck. Also I wanted to know if Daemonic magic just won't affect you or if it is null and void when you are around. Thanks!

“Give me my hat back, you blasted theoretical space time model! I need that +3!”-Red Mage

“Remember kids, with great power come great opportunity to abuse that power.”-Black Mage
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2003, 09:28 AM

OoC: Tt doesn't even work in his presence, needless to say, it doesn't work on him then.

IC: "Flying attacks, eh? Well that won't help you much."
Maverick swooped down on the dwarf, he blocked Mavericks attack with the shaft of his axe, he then swung his axe at Maverick, it hit him on the side of the head with the flat side of the axe. Maverick got thrown back ten feet. He quickly recovered from the attack. "You need more than that to beat me, remember I'm not just an ordinary Rito." "Hah, i'll beat you. I've beaten tougher daemons than you."
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Goron

"Well, let's see how you like this technique daemon slayer!" Maverick took out a fish bone guitar and with his free wing he light a Din's Fire.

"How can you...?"

"I don't just know daemon magic. I also know this little trick I learned from a great fairy in Hyrule." With that, he put the Din's fire near his guitar, and began blasting eletrical Din's fires, exploding on impact. "Come on slayer! Hit me with your best shot!"

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2003, 01:57 PM

OoC: I don't understand why the great fairy would ever give Din's Fire to a daemon but, ok.

IC: Gatruk threw an axe at the daemon, it hit him in the left wing, he was now un-able to fly. Gatruk then charged Maverick, punched him in the stomach(sp). Maverick got all the air punched out of him, he was now lying in the ground, coughing and hacking, gasping for breath. Gatruk kicked him in the face, he was now bleeding, and he had dropped the bone guitar thingy on the ground, Gatruk destroyed it with his axe. "You might be taller than me, but your not stronger. Show me what you've got."
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Goron

OoC: You know what, I'm gonna have to ask her that. And now, back to the bleeding!

Maverick could feel a new sensation in his body. Pain. It had been so long since anyone had damaged him that bad. This daemon slayer was like no other. The blood run down his face. "My axe" He said looking at his broken instrument. His body began to produce a black aura. "I WON'T GIVE UP!!!" Said Maverick as the aura turned into an explosion blasting Gatruck to the other side of the volcano.

"Holy..." Said Gatruck as he say the now standing Maverick. His eyes glowed red. His left arm was still limp and blood covered half og his face.

"Good shot daemon slayer! No one has ever destroyed my guitar!" With that he picked up what was left of the weapon. "I am known throughout hell for my magical ability. No one alive has ever seen my fighting power. This battle ain't over Gatruck!" With that he wrapped the bones of his fish guitar in his cape. This cape fused with the guitar creating a daemonic sword. "It's just starting!" With that he ran over to Gatruck and began dueling with the dwarf! Their weapons clanged on the volcano top. As the two fought, Maverick's speed increased, becoming faster with every slash. Suddenly, snick, Maverick made a direct blow to the torso. It only sliced Gatruck's armor, but still, he knew that there was no room for error in this duel.

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2003, 07:00 AM

With immense power Gartruk swung his axe at Maverick, he blocked the attack with his sword, he got thrown back and he dropped his sword on the ground, Gatruk ran over to him and swung his axe at Mavericks head, he hit a few millimeters to the right of Mavericks head. "Give me one good reason, why i shouldn't kill you right now." Gatruk growled.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2003, 11:15 AM
Goron

"Uh, okay. Because I'm a good work guy..." As he spoke he pulled out a red letter and threw it down at the ground creating an explosion, distracting Gatruck. He rolled out of the way, grabbed his cape, and got back on his feat. "Okay slayer, let's try this!" With that he enshrouded himself in his cape, which turned to steal. He ran over to Gatruck. As the dwarf attacked with his axe, he grabbed the weapon with his hand, holding it at bay. As the two struggled, Maverick kicked Gatruck with his metal covered leg in Gatruck unprotected chest. As he ben over in pain Maverick raised his hand on high saying "Din's Fire!" blasting back Gatruck.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2003, 12:39 PM

Gatruk got up, Din's fire had made some burns across his chest, he drew a throwing axe from his belt, and threw it, it was as if time stopped but it didn't really, everything seemed to go in slow motion, then things went back to normal speed the throwing axe hit Maverick in the chest, Maverick frose for a few seconds, felt with his hands at the place the axe was stuck he then looked at them, they were covered in blood, he then fell to the ground. Gatruk quickly ran over to get his axe and to check if Maverick was dead.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-08-2003, 01:12 PM
Goron

"But I'm a freakin daemon!" Said Maverick as he fell to the ground. Gatruck went in to check if he was dead.

"Holy Axes. Works every time!" Said Maverick struggling for breath. He looked up at Gatruck. "Call it a draw?" Gatruck looked down at him. "Right, I'm just gonna go for a dip in that lava pool.!" With that Maverick crawled into the lava. Gatruck, thinking the battle was over, decided to walk away, but suddenly, he saw a giant lava tornado forming.

"I knew I should have decapitated him!" Said Gatruck trying to resist the tornado.

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2003, 02:39 PM

IC: Suddenly a strange energy shield surrounded Gatruk, he was now protected from the heavy flames

OoC: Sorry about the short reply, i just need to see what your move will be.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2003, 02:44 PM
Goron

"O.o oh snap! Alright, he we go!" Maverick took out a fistful of red letters. He picked up three letters and threw them at the ground near Gatruck. When they hit, they exploded.

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2003, 03:14 PM

Nothing happened to Gatruk, he still had his shield. "Come down and fight like a real man."
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Goron

"Okay, here I come! YAAAHHH!!!" Maverick, covered in lava, charages at the shield Gatruck, spining his staff in an attempt to create an energy strong enough to break through the barrior and attack Gatruk"

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2003, 04:16 PM

"Too bad your daemon energy and magic stuff will not work here." Maverick hit the shield but got blasted into away into a rock nearby, he returned to his normal Rito shape. Maverick was uncontious.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Goron

Gatruck went over to the daemon. "You were a worthy opponent Maverick, but you are a daemon, so I shall pass judgement on you." He lifted his great axe and rammed it into Maverick.

"Huh?" Said Maverick seeing the huge axe. He lifted his hand and grabbed the axe's blade. "Din's Crimson Inferno!" With his axe holding hand, he formed a Din's Fire, preparing to explode. Gatruck reformed his magic shield to block, protecting him.

"We both knew it would come to this!"

"You and me! Hand to axe!"

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2003, 07:51 AM

There was a smell of death in the air, they both knew that one of them was to leave this world. Gatruk and Maverick looked eachother in the eyes, Maverick could see the pure hatred in Gatruk's eyes, it scared him somehow, but he didn't show it. Gatruk charged Maverick, he jumped over the dwarf and was now on the other side, Gatruk swung his axe and turned around at the same time, he hit Maverick in the leg, he screamed in pain. "This have a last look at the world you're going to leave now." Gatruk swung his axe and cut off Maverick's head. "Go back to hell where you belong, haha."
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Goron

Maverick saw the axe come down and with his last breath he said "No! Not now! I can't go back n..." And with that Maverick was killed. As his head fell off, he burned up and dissapeared from the mountain.

-Somewhere in Hell

Maverick looked around. He knew instantely he was back in Hell. "Well, at least I've learned not to mess with that guy again. Well, better hop the next bullet train outta this place. Just hope I don't meet up with..."

"Hello Maverick! Welcome back to Hell!"

"Spoke to soon." Now, who could Maverick be talking to? Could it be SATAN!!

"Back so soon? By the way, where's my twenty bucks!?"

OoC: As you can see, Maverick will be back on the streets in twelve hours. Thanks for the fight Windwaker!

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-13-2003, 04:37 PM

OoC: Haha, i appreciate a good laugh after a fight, nice ending, well, nice fighting you, every fight gives me new inspiration to write longer posts in the battle arena, sometimes i'm just too lazy to want to write long posts, in the future.

IC: "Hmm.....i guess that's another deamon out of the way, hehe." Gatruk said to himself as he started to climb down the moutain.

Tags
dragon, duel, roost