$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Floating in the background
Send a message via Skype™ to hoodedone
View Posts: 1,297
Drought (Aureus, Uzuki, Night)

OoC:
The RP is full now, characters are Uzuki, Night and I will be using Aureus.

Discussion: here

BIC:
The silence was almost deafening. This bothered Aureus greatly. Not just because he loved the sounds of the forest, but also because the hunger was starting to become quite bothersome. Silence meant no game, no game meant no food and no food meant the few berries that were around would have to do... again.

It was very odd, this part of the forest was usually teeming with boars and rabbits, especially during springtime. Birds would sing their sweet songs through the day and evening and yet there was nothing to be heard.
"Berries it is then" Aureus sighed as his hand reached for a nearby blueberry bush. Something to chew on would hopefully take Aureus' mind of the constant grumble from his stomach.

As he put one of the berries in his mouth he noticed a leaf floating down. That happened all the time, but this one was brown. As it landed on Aureus' hand it crumbled to dust. He blew off the dust and watched it fly off in the forest. This wasn't right. The silence, the leaf, what was going on?

It was getting dark and time to go back to the small basecamp near the waterfall. The walk there revealed more trees were dying and soon the silence had made way for the constant crunching of leaves under Aureus' feet. His basecamp already had a layer of leaves on it as he reached it.
Aureus sat down, ate his berries and fell into a worried and restless sleep.

Sig by IceCreamLink! <>BA characters <> Writings
Last Edited by hoodedone; 06-05-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added discussion link Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie
Send a message via Skype™ to Uzuki Cheverie
Steam ID: Uzuki_Cheverie

View Posts: 11,625
Re: Drought (Aureus, open for 2 more)

OoC: Alright, thanks for letting me join this roleplay I will be using Uzuki - link is in my sig

BiC: Ah, the twilight is settling. I love nighttime. It may be terrifying for my growing paranoia, but I find such comfort in the growing night. I'm a demon of the night, born to live in darkness, never to dwell in the light. Back when I was alive, you couldn't have paid me to go out into the woods at night - I was aware of the demons that existed out there, demons that other people thought were just fairy tales.

Those demons, like me, are all too real.

So I guess when I became what I am, it became easier. I think it's because I had a way to defend myself against predators in the forest - I knew that I wasn't completely hopeless if I suddenly came face-to-face with a forest demon.

The forest that I'm in now is no different. I'm sure that there are a few dark creatures stirring about, especially now that dusk is falling and it's getting chillier out. Demons crave the dark - it gives them easier kills, and makes it more enjoyable to play with their food.

Speaking of food.

Off in the distance, near the shimmering waterfall, I can see a tent that's been pitched, probably by some kind of traveler or pilgrim. I know I shouldn't be eating humans without a real reason, but it's been forever since I've been able to eat a delicious human soul. I could cross my fingers and hope that he's sick with some kind of weird, rare disease - that would easily cover up the evidence. But then again, we're out in the woods and I could always dispose of his body in the river; know one would be the wiser.

As quietly as a hunting lioness, I slither my way towards the tent, being sure to stay hidden in the grass, making no noise but my nearly-silent breathing. I lock my gaze on the tent, checking out the area first to make sure there isn't more than one human around to see me.

When the coast is clear, I make my way for the tent as quickly as I can. When I've made it to the front side, I use my aura-reading abilities to see through the door-flap, so that I won't catch the human inside by surprise.

There's no aura. Which means that either the person isn't human, actually knows how to hide their aura, or is actually not there.

I cautiously lift the flap to the side, and I see that I'm right - nobody's home.

I guess it's a bit of a stupid idea to go inside, but I do it anyway. The tent is filled with bags of food and other supplies to survive the outdoors. I guess he doesn't really pack light.

I almost jump when I hear the shuffling outside. Assuming that the human has returned, I draw my kunai and jump out from the tent.

But nobody's there. It's the trees blowing in the wind, the brown leaves falling off and disintegrating into dust in the air.

Why would the leaves be doing that? I think to myself curiously. It doesn't make sense. . . .

Suddenly, the demon in my head begins to speak.

Who cares? It's probably just another demon. Small fry, probably. Nothing you have to worry about.

Maybe . . . who knows . . .

I sneak back inside the tent and begin going through the human's food supplies, seeing if he has anything of value for me to take.

Suddenly, I hear more noises from outside, and this time, they sound more like footsteps. I turn my gaze around to look at the door flap, and I see an aura growing nearer.

❤❤❤❤ . . . !

I spin around, my kunai ready, and when the man walks through the flap, I jump him.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 02:11 AM

Tired as Aureus was, he wasn't going to sleep outside. He actually felt quite stupid dozing off outside the cozy confinement of his tent. He yawned, stretched himself and looked at the small 'home' he had put up.
It was dark green, Aureus' favourite colour, or at least it should be. It was now completely covered in a layer of brown dust from the leaves... almost.
The doorflap still showed it's distinctive hue of green. This wasn't right. It seemed as if someone had moved it recently, shaking off the dust that should be covering it.

Aureus' eyes spread open in shock as he realised how lucky he had been to be careless enough to doze off outside tonight. Someone was actually inside his tent, or had been. There was no way to tell if the intruder was still around.

"People can't even be trusted when they're not around." Aureus sighed to himself. "I really liked that tent." His hand reached toward his belt, where his trusted chrome shuriken were waiting. He took one in each hand and made them float and spin. Even after all those times it still calmed him to watch them hover in front of his face, but this was no time for play. With a stretch of his fingers he flung the metal stars towards the tent, focussing to keep them spinning in order for them to shred right through the canvas and the intruder, should it still be there.

Last Edited by hoodedone; 05-29-2012 at 02:42 AM. Reason: A few style hiccups spotted after a second read Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 PM

Shreds of tent flew about. The green pieces still clouded Aureus' vision. Was someone there? Was he alive? He stood , listened, looked, waited...

#5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-03-2012, 07:55 PM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,302

ooc: Hey, I'm joining with Night, who you can find when you click BA characters in my sig.

bic: Night grumbled darkly as he rode his motorcycle as slow as possible across the forest floor. The vehicle made a low rumbling hum as it cracked leaves under the tires. He was trying to be as quiet as possible, but you couldn't exactly be quiet in a forest.

The bounty Night had been hunting for the past week had escaped into a nearby forest, and now Night was going through this god forsaken backwoods in search of him. The motorcycle's light was brightly illuminating the path ahead for about 100 meters. Although, the light reflected off the trees making very odd sort of shadows.

Night let his eyes comb over the forest floor for a clue where his prey had gone; there was obvious signs that something had gone through here, but from both the bad light and Night's position on top of his motorcycle, he couldn't exactly tell if it was human, animal or something else. But if he kept following this trail, he no doubt would find his answer.

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 03:50 AM

The debris of the tent settled down. Aureus still couldn't see anything in the dark remains of his tent. He wasn't going to check though, the chance of the intruder dodging the attack was still present and Aureus had to remain careful. He flicked his wrists to call back the shuriken from the shredded canvas. As they flew back to his grasp he noticed they were still clean. "Hmm, no blood." he mumbled to himself. This little fact didn't change the situation though. Something could still be out there.

"Where to sleep then?" Aureus sighed. The forest floor was no option as it was now completely covered in crunchy leaves, which weren't all that comfortable. Their constand blowing around and the new loads still falling didn't make things better. No, Aureus would sleep in the trees tonight.

He chose an old oak, about 10 feet away from the tent ruin. If something was there, he would see it in the morning, without it seeing him. The climb was an easy one and Aureus had quickly settled on a thick branch with his cloak wrapped around him as a blanket. His eyelids were getting heavy, but once again his nap was disturbed... by an engine?

There was no mistaking it, an engine sound was growing louder and louder. A headlight was nearing from the distance. Aureus sat up and watched as a motorcycle arrived on the clearance that had once been his peaceful camping site.

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm not sorry

Night followed the trail to a small clearing where a tent had been standing. Had beening the operative word. Shreads of green fabric littered the ground, and although there was no body, Night jumped off the motorcycle and studied the crime scene.

There was no blood and no signs of struggle. Just malicious property damage of a poor innocent tent. If it had been Night's guy, there would have been blood and/or a body. He was a $7,000 bounty murderer after all.

Night kicked the ground, leaves, sticks and pieces of tent flying into the air.

"❤❤❤❤!"

Night had a nasty feeling that he had followed the wrong trail in the confusion of the night.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 AM

The source of the sounds reached the campsite and stopped. The rider examined what happened to Aureus' tent and seemed very angry. "So he's returned for more." Aureus thought. He had higher ground here, so he could confront the thief without problems. He took out a shuriken and positioned himself for a throw.

"Hold it right there, or you will look like my tent in a bit." He shouted. "Why have you been going through my stuff?"

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm not sorry

Night whipped around, staring right where he heard the voice originate from. Drawing Ares, the legendary sword glowing softly in the night with a faint white glow, he inspected the area. He noticed a shape up in the tree, and just by the position the figure was taking (scrunched up with one arm in front of him) he knew he was armed. Night drew Ares, the legendary sword glowing softly in the night with a faint white glow.

"What is there to go through?" Night yelled. "I just go here looking for a guy I'm hunting!" He paused before deciding to try his luck. He doubted the man saw anything considering he thought Night of all people was the one who ransacked his tent, but maybe he was on the right trail for this bastard after all.

"You didn't happen to see a douchebag wearing sunglasses around here did you?" Night could have been a lot more descriptive, but a guy wearing sunglasses when it was dark out was bound to turn some heads and stick in a lot more memories then anything else.

BA Characters
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 03:42 PM

The rider's story was strange enough to make Aureus doubt. A thief could probably think of something better than that. Who the hell would wear sunglasses at night? And why would he come back to the tent anyway? Aureus didn't have many valuables, and most of those he kept on him at all times. So he decided to humor the man with the glowing sword. But he was definitely not leaving the tree.

"And what did this guy do to you to have you riding all the way out here?" Maybe it was the same guy who went through the tent. "did he steal something?"

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-04-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm not sorry

"No," Night answered airily. "Just let's see here, murdered a family of five, raping the mother and her three daughters, the youngest of whom was 10 by the way. Oh, and the father was forced to watch this by the way. After he was done violating them, he killed them one by one, torturing them to death, starting with the youngest before finally ending with the father-everyone got to watch. But no, he didn't steal anything."

And to make it even worse, that was the only murder of a family they were sure of he was guilty of. There was at least three other families who they believed he was responsible for to. So, he really didn't have time to chit chat with a guy up in a tree if he didn't know anything.

Although, he should probably check just to be sure it wasn't the guy, but his voice didn't sound like the deep gravelly voice that the man had earlier.

BA Characters
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 02:27 AM

That was not quite what Aureus expected. A slight shiver went down his spine as he listened to the terrible crimes the man had committed. But why was this guy with the flashy gear chasing him? Then it occurred to Aureus: justice was not on top of this mans list, money was. He was a bounty hunter.

Aureus had seen quite a few bounty hunters on the road. Always chasing the scum of the earth to fill their pockets to the brim, but then again, they were just being rewarded for making the world a better place. None of them were saints, but Aureus wasn't either.

In fact, with his tent destroyed, he could use some money. But was he going to join a bounty hunter? Staying here wasn't an option, that's for sure. Yes, he could try. He had to prove himself valuable enough to reap a part of the reward and then he could vanish again, to a new forest. in peace.

"You don't really seem the forest type." Aureus pointed to the motorcycle "that thing seems to be built more for concrete. If you're to find anyone here, you'll be better off on foot. And if I may be so bold, do you even know where you are right now?"

Last Edited by hoodedone; 06-05-2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: small tone hiccup Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm not sorry

"I'm a bounty hunter," Night said as he walked back to his motorcycle, sheathing his sword before hoping back on the machine. It seemed that the guy in the tree was OK and not going to attack, so there was no use staying around here. He needed to catch up to the murdering psychopath, and fast. Before he escaped. "I'm used to all terrains. While it is annoying to have to go into forests like this, its unavoidable in situations like this. My motorcycle is made so it can go on terrains like this. As for my location, I am five miles south of the town of Argus-that's all I need to know."

BA Characters
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 11:05 AM

The bounty hunter seemed anxious to leave quickly and wasn't going to listen. "Ok, then, good hunting, I guess." Aureus said. He wasn't going to join him. The guy seemed way too certain of himself, while his methods were surely lacking in this area. It would probably get him into trouble, maybe even too much for the glimmering sword to handle.

Aureus didn't nose-dive into trouble. In fact, he tended to stay away from trouble. Today had quite enough of it. His mind was made up: he would go to sleep as planned and think about his next steps in the morning.

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm not sorry

"Have fun being up in a tree," Night shot back before revving up his motorcycle. Hopefully he could catch up with Daemon before he lost him completely. He didn't need the ❤❤❤❤ing psycho to go killing more people. While his bounty would rise as a result, he rather keep people alive then have more innocents die.

He rode away from the camp, continuing his search. He may have a slight advantage when the sun is down, but the minute it rose, Night would find him and bring him down.

BA Characters
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 12:32 PM

The bike certainly held its end in the forest, Aureus had to give it that. As quickly as it emerged, it had vanished again, the sounds dying down to a rumbling in the distance. Aureus was alone again and watched the cloud of leafdust the bike left settle down.

He dropped back into his sleeping position, getting comfortably warm in his cloak. The sound of the waterfall calmed him and for just a moment, he was at peace. His eyes started to fall shut again and Aureus hoped that they would not open until the morning came.

#17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm not sorry

Night rode through the night in the still forest. He would sometimes notice the white eyes of nocturnal critters in the underbrush out of the corner of his eye, but as he approached they would scurry away. He didn't pay them much mind though; there was nothing they could do to hurt him and he had much bigger fish to fry.

As the sun began to come up and birds began to chirp, Night began to notice more tell-tale signs that somebody, a human, had been through here. He smirked a bit and began to speed up.

Daemon may have had a good lead on him, but Night had a motorcycle. He would be able to catch up just fine by following the tracks.

BA Characters
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 03:33 AM

Aureus was awakened again by the first rays of sunlight falling through the now mostly leafless branches. Melancholy struck as he turned his head, looking at the decay. Things had gotten much worse overnight. The ground was filled with brown dryness where lush greens were supposed to stand.

The silence was still present and seemed even worse than it had been the night before. Aureus jumped out of the tree and immediately found the cause of this. The gentle rushing of the waterfall was silenced by a lack of water. What was left was less than a normal faucett would produce.

It was most definitely time to leave this weird forest. It used to be so nice, but that's changed since yesterday. Something was wrong, but Aureus wasn't going to be the one to find out what. He would head to town, resupply and vanish again.

There was one more thing to do though, he had to get his shuriken back from the tent, and something might still be in there...

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Banana banana banana terracotta banana terracotta terracotta pie
Send a message via Skype™ to Uzuki Cheverie
Steam ID: Uzuki_Cheverie

View Posts: 11,625

OoC: I'm very sorry if I make a mistake in this post concerning the RP, but it's very hard to post after not posting in probably a month or so, especially considering the nearly-full page of interactive posts you two have had. I will try not to make a mistake with this, but if I do, please just kindly tell me, and I will fix it

BiC: I've been sitting in this tree for what seems like forever, and ever since arriving here, I've run into two people that are worthy candidates for my grumbling stomach.

Alright, so maybe I don't really have to eat them, but I haven't had a good soul in a long time, and I'm really starting to get the munchies for them.

The man that I spotted earlier is still hanging around, thankfully, so maybe I still have a chance of getting my kill in for the day. But something tells me he knows I'm here. And the other guy . . . the other guy looks dangerous. Should I bother with him? It would be nice to have a challenge for once. I like playing games with my victims, and I like it when they put up a fight - it's refreshing for both my mind and body. It also means that they're soul is twice as tasty.

I sit up in my tree branch high above the man's tent, waiting for him to return. He never returned last night - which means something, possibly due to the man on the motorcycle, must have happened to him. Maybe that man on the motorcycle is a Reaper as well - maybe he got to him before I did.

But I still have his aura signature trail. I still have the scent of his blood. Unless he was brutally cut up into pieces and still somehow alive, the man must still be out there somewhere.

Suddenly I hear a rustling in the bushes not far away from the tent. I cloak myself underneath the leaves of the tree, waiting for the person to arise.

It's the man. Right on time.

I prepare myself and leap from the limb of the tree, landing a few feet away from him, separating him from his tent.

"Hold it," I growl angrily, pulling out a kunai from my belt. "You've ventured into these woods - now, your soul belongs to me."
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-10-2012, 02:37 AM

"Dang it!" Aureus thought, where are those shuriken? They weren't in the tent so now he was scurrying throught the brush around it, holding out his fingers and focusing on the chrome stars so they would fly out as soon as he caught a glimpse of them. Luckily that didn't take too long.

Happy with the recovery, Aureus moved to leave the brush and get the last stuff from the tent. Which had been empty. The thief probably had left during the night or something.

"Hold it, you've ventured into these woods - now, your soul belongs to me." Or it hadn't, and it definitely was no thief, she seemed way too deadly with that kunai. What kind of thing was this, hunting for souls? Whichever way, it, or she, was not getting a soul today.

"So you were in my tent tonight...I thought I already killed you." Aureus stated whilst stepping back, preparing a poisonous dart. "I like my soul where it is, you're not having it, ever!"