Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Anouki
View Posts: 57
In White (Open)

OoC:: Finally! I took so long to get around to RPing since I got approved~ I will be using Fate, the link to her profile is in my signature. Please join at will.

IC:: Fate sat comfortably on a soft, red couch in the corner of the colorfully decorated lounge of the inn, sipping hot tea out of a thick, gray mug, and reading a book. Wrapped around her shoulders was a thick, white, wool blanket to keep warm. Even inside the heated lounge, it was still rather chilly.
She glanced out of the window occasionally, barely able to see through the frost that covered it. The condition outside was close to being a blizzard, and likely to be one by the end of the night.

Travelers were frequently coming in to reserve rooms and get warmed up by the fire. It was probably the most popular inn in the town, which wasn't very surprising. The service was exceptional, and for the quality, the price was surprisingly low.

There were many topics brought up all around the room, some about the travelers previous endeavors, and some about the rumors around the town. None were that interesting, and Fate continued to stick her nose into her book. A book on legends, one of the only types she ever seemed to read these days. Sometimes she missed the old days of reading frivolous tales of adventure and romances... No, it was certainly not just sometimes. She always wished to go back to those leisurely days. But surely all good things had to come to an end one day, and perhaps more would come... one day.

Letting out a sigh, she flipped her book closed and laid it down on her lap, and pulled her mug up to her lips to take a sip from it. Another book with nothing of any use to her was finished. And who would be able to know how many thousands, or even millions, were still left for her to research? Most likely not anyone that was even remotely human.

After finishing her tea, Fate placed the mug and the book on the wooden stand next to her, and leaned back comfortably in her her chair. She glanced up at the clock that hung on the wall over the fireplace. It was still early, around seven PM. Far too early for her to go to bed, even if she was a little tired from the trip to this town... This town... what was it named anyways? Yarish, Yaer....

"...Yarvashielle...... I can't believe everything that happened.... right?" One of many people said, their voice mostly jumbled up with the rest of the crowd. Not much of the sentence, or the conversation that included it, could be made out.

Yarvashielle. That's right. It sounded like an odd pirate ship. Not what I'd expect for one though, considering the names in all the books I'd read. Her lips curved a tiny smile for only a brief moment as she thought about it, but she quickly went back to her regular, dull expression.

She closed her eyes and concentrated on eavesdropping. Rather than asking around about could-be touchy issues, this was the easiest, and most comfortable way to find out things that were going on in the area, albeit a little rude. If it wasn't enough, then it was time to ask around. And possibly get a door slammed in your face.
If they had that much to hide. Not many people actually did, though.

Most of the rumors or idle conversations passed through her head like nothing, not even leaving an impression, unless they were really unusual. But one sparked her actual attention, and her right eye opened to take a peek at the people discussing it. They were close enough that she could actually make out almost all of what they were saying. Convenient.

"It felt like a ghost. Creeepy. Everything about her was as pale as snow!" A rather young sounding, and looking, woman said. "I guess she was quite beautiful, but I could live without ever running into her again..."

The young man across from her chuckled lightly. "Are you sure you aren't overreacting? I doubt ghosts actually exist, anyways."

"Ghosts or not, something just didn't seem right."

"Well, strange things happen all the time."

Fate closed her eyes again and crossed her arms. Yuemnia the white ghost, huh?.... That was what they called her after all, the pure white ghost. She opened her eyes and her expression became bitter, and she tightly gripped her left arm with her right hand. She hadn't heard of something like this before, and as eager as she was to find this "ghost", she was also frightened.

If it was Yuemnia, she might die. No, she probably would die. Defeating someone who originally gave you the only power that could help you win was just wishful thinking. But if there was just a chance... she had to take it.

But it might not even be Yuemnia. She couldn't get her mixed hopes up too far.
Last Edited by Vahlia; 01-04-2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-05-2012, 12:19 AM
I Lika Do The Cha Cha
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master
View Posts: 4,807
Re: In White (Open)

OoC: I hope it's alright if I join with Carcaroth. You may find him in my signature.

BiC:

Carcaroth usually liked snow. Winter used to be his favorite time of the year as a child, when he and his brothers would play together outside for hours and hours despite freezing temperatures and several cases of severe, nose-dripping colds. It was with a sad sense of nostalgia that the young swordsman remembered these times as he trudged along in the deep snow. A scarf was wrapped around his head to cover his mouth and chin, the wind tugging at his long coat. He held one of his arms up to shield his eyes from the snow that was blown towards him by the wind, trying to spot the building in the village that he was looking for.

Kerel hated snow. He hated how everything was cold and wet, and how the snow got everywhere. Winter to him was a "pain in the ass", as he would call it. Luckily he had someone who could suffer through the worst of it for him. Usually the demon's fire magic would be enough to keep them warm and comfortable, but unfortunately the sword hanging at Carcaroth's left side wouldn't allow any of that.

The sword was known as Calaim. It was somewhat short for a sword, with the distinguished aesthetic touch of having a crimson-red blade. Carcaroth had retrieved this sword from a place known as the Shrine of Mirrors, and shortly after he had discovered the extent of the sword's power - it could cancel out all magic. Any magical energy that came near it simply disappeared. Thus, Carcaroth and Kerel were both rendered unable to use any kind of magic while the sword remained close. For Carcaroth this was splendid, as he had always had trouble fighting against magic wielders. For Kerel, however, it was a frustration and annoyance of great magnitude. Being in a mortal body had already left him unable to use seal magic, his strongest and most distinguished form for offensive power. Now he was unable to use fire magic as well, which to him was the rough equivalent of cutting both his arms off. Despite this, however, he didn't object to the sword being carried with them. Carcaroth figured that Kerel also knew the values of having a sword that could make magic disappear.

"There it is," said Carcaroth breathlessly as he spotted the building he had been told to look out for by the villagers he had met earlier. The inn. Apparently this village - Yaravashamallasomething - only had a few of them, and this particular inn was of great significance because it was both cheap and "cozy". At least that's what they had told him.

The inn's entrance hall was filled with a chill as Carcaroth pushed open the doors and entered, brushing snow off himself casually before stepping over to the counter. They told him he was in luck - they were quickly running out of rooms, and it was only a matter of time before there weren't any left. Apparently more than just a few had caught wind of just how "cozy" and cheap this place supposedly was. Carcaroth received his room key after giving his payment, but decided against going up to his room just yet. He needed to warm up a little in the lounge first.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-05-2012, 03:30 PM
has no CR
Send a message via Skype™ to Intrigue
View Posts: 1,426

Zolf didn't usually mind the cold. But this kind of cold was different - the snow that blanketed the ground had turned his bare feet numb, and his toes were beginning to turn blue. There was a biting wind as well, which whipped stinging snowflakes into his face and gnawed at his hands.

He was chilled to the bone, aching with the cold. He had considered using his magic to form a protective bubble of air around him, keeping the wind and snow off, but using his powers out in this temperature would be dangerous, as his body temperature would sink to the same level, and he was worried about the effect that would have on his health. Besides, he needed his strength to keep going.

Eventually, after many more minutes of miserable plodding, he saw something. A tiny light, glinting faintly in the distance. So he wasn't going to die out here after all! As long as he could reach the source of the light before he froze, of course. He picked up his pace, determination propelling him through the blizzard.

He could hardly feel any of his body by the time he arrived at the front door of the inn. He peered through the window. There were quite a few people in there...but he couldn't stay out here any longer, or he would turn to ice. Gingerly he pushed the door open and stepped inside.

It was warmer inside, and his hands and feet stung as the feeling returned to them. The ice and snow on his body began to melt, leaving him damp and cold. He shuffled forwards, looking for a quiet spot he could rest in.

Something large bumped into him and he looked up. A tall, thickset man stood in front of him, swaying slightly.
‘Watch where you’re going!’ he slurred. The smell of alcohol was strong on his breath.

He tried to push Zolf out of his way. That was it - Zolf swung a punch that caught the man square on the jaw. The man reeled, recovered, and aimed a punch of his own at Zolf’s head. The boy ducked, straightened, and was caught off guard by a second punch from the man’s other hand that slammed into his stomach, lifting him off his feet. He hit the ground, landing on his back.

By the time he was back on his feet the man was nearly on him, fist drawn back for another hit. Zolf strengthened the air in front of him into a protective wall, sacrificing a little of his strength, and braced himself for the impact. It came, and the shield dissipated. The man bent double over his fist, cursing. Zolf caught him in the face, and again in the chest as he snapped upright.

The man lashed out, his fist crunching into Zolf’s shoulder. With a drunken roar the man threw himself onto the boy, pinning him down onto the table behind, hands wrapping around his throat. Zolf gasped for air that wouldn’t come, pulling uselessly at the man’s hands. Desperately, he threw away a little more precious strength as he forced the air away from around the man’s face. His attacker’s hands went to his own throat, and Zolf released the air and kicked, driving the man backwards.

He stood, only to be grabbed and hauled off his feet. He was thrown across the table, knocking off glasses and scattering the people on the other side as he crashed to the floor. Then again he was up and running. He rounded the table and grabbed the back of a chair that stood between him and the drunk, vaulting over it and planting both feet in the man’s chest, forcing him back. One more punch and the man fell and sprawled onto the floor. He shouted a few curses and tried to get back up again, but his eyes rolled back and he collapsed, unconscious.

Zolf was left to face the rest of the people in the inn, most of which had turned round and were staring wide-eyed at him and the man lying on the floor. He felt suddenly tired and sore. He stood there, not quite sure what to do.

OoC: Megapost - sorry! xP

Sig by insaney <3
BA Characters | Penguin Army
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Anouki

Fate shook her head and placed her hand over her eyes for a moment, closing them as she did. There wasn't any sense in focusing on that rumor at the moment, it was too cold to go outside at the moment, and far too easy to get caught in the blizzard. But if she waited too long, it might be too late...

Luckily, something finally distracted her. With a glance towards the entrance of the lounge, she noticed a man come in. Most likely an adventurer or something of the sort, but he looked a little more distinguished and shady than the rest.

Before she finished her analysis of the shady man, a younger one came in. He didn't stand out very much, he looked like an average commoner. Or, perhaps less than a commoner... Either way, it didn't matter much to her. After throwing another quick glance at the other man, and a few other people around the room, she sunk back into her chair and closed her eyes, cuddling up in her warm blanket. Until she heard some disturbing noises.

"Watch where you're going!" Said a large man with a deep voice. Fate looked towards the entrance again, only to see a battle unwrap between the boy who had just entered, and the drunkard who shouted. She had looked just in time to see the boy plant his fist in the man's jaw.
The battle went on, resulting in various broken objects, and possibly bones. Though, she couldn't determine that from where she was sitting.

When they were finally done, the boy stood victorious, with many people's attention focused on him. Not likely an easy situation to get out of.

A couple of the inn's workers were scurrying about to get things together to clean the mess, while others were getting ready to deal with the two quarrelers and settle down the rest of the guests. For the most part, they looked like they had a pretty good idea of what they were doing.

Fate once again settled back down and continued to observe the situation. It didn't seem like a good idea to get closely involved.
Last Edited by Vahlia; 01-06-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-07-2012, 08:41 PM
I Lika Do The Cha Cha
Send a message via AIM to Abyss Master Send a message via Skype™ to Abyss Master

This certainly was an interesting twist of events - not two minutes after Carcaroth had entered the lounge, commotion started breaking out as two men seemingly clashed together over some dispute about unwanted body contact. The thinner, younger of them was left victorious thanks to some moves that were pretty impressive, in an acrobatic sort of way. This was most certainly someone who made it a habit to run, jump and all those athletic things.

The only problem with picking a fight in an inn's lounge was that the chances of getting kicked out had risen by just about one hundred percent. Carcaroth didn't want to get involved, but then again he felt it would be bad enough that one of them was gonna get kicked out into the raging storm outside. No need for both to go.

Carcaroth promptly went over to the unconscious loser of the brawl, bent down and pretended to pick something up from one of his pockets. He then turned towards the skinny youth.

"Thanks for dealing with this thief for me, he was about to get away before I noticed he'd taken something from me."

The guy seemed to be taken off-guard by this, not understanding what Carcaroth was talking about. Carcaroth turned towards one of the guards that seemed to have been summoned from the inn's hallway.

"This young man merely assisted me in stopping this thief from getting away."

The guard threw a glance at the boy. "You sure? I'm getting a different story elsewhere."

"I can assure you, he was only trying to help me reclaim my stolen property."

The guard thought about it long and hard. Finally he sighed, bent down and dragged the unconscious "thief" out of the room, with a final warning to the boy that he shouldn't pick fights in the middle of an inn like that.

It didn't take long until the commotion had died down entirely, and people had turned their attention back to what they were doing prior to the brawl. Carcaroth turned his head to the boy.

"Don't go picking any more fights, or you'll be out in the snow like that other guy."

With a respectful nod, he went over to the bar to have a drink.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
has no CR

Zolf saw the guards moving towards him and the man on the floor, and prepared to make a quick dash for the door. Maybe he shouldn't have hit the man after all. To be fair, it was drink that had finished the fight by knocking the man out, not him. But he supposed it had taken both of them to disturb the peace with their fight, and they would both suffer for it. He made a mental not not to come back here in the future.

But then, as the guards came closer, he was saved by a man who claimed that the drunk had stolen something from him. He stared at his rescuer with disbelief. Why would he do something like that? He didn't even know him! But he had saved him from being thrown out into the snow, so he wasn't going to complain.

He shot a poisonous look at the guard who told him off. He wasn't a child! The man who had helped him said something similar, and recieved a similar look, but also a nod.

Zolf walked over to the nearest corner, where there was an empty chair behind a large table, taking an empty mug from the bar as he passed. He didn't have any money to buy anything with. When he was sitting, he pretended to drink from it while he surveyed the room. The people were beginning to settle down and resume their conversations, and he began to hear parts of what they were talking about. Ghosts seemed to be a popular topic.

Otherwise, nothing interesting. His gaze wandered over the people in the room, eventually caught by a woman with blue hair sitting in the far corner, absorbed in a book. He hadn't noticed her there before.

He yawned. He'd probably be sleeping in this chair tonight, unless they were willing to give him a free room. He wasn't going back outside just yet. And if they were going to throw him out for wasting their space he might as well get some sleep first. His eyelids drooped, and he let them close.

Sig by insaney <3
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Anouki

Fate carefully watched as the problem was resolved. Interesting, but rather suspicious. Though, even if the theft was a fake setup, it didn't seem like it would bring too much trouble to anyone. In fact, it seemed less troubling. It was unlikely that the drunkard would receive much punishment, other than being thrown out, which was now in the process of happening. She smiled slightly as she thought about it, a little show was always a good way to cheer her up, if only a little.

She turned her head for a moment to watch the young man walk towards a corner and take a seat, then closed her eyes and stretched out her arms, letting out a small yawn as she did. After a couple minutes more of relaxing, she pulled herself out of the chair slowly. When she stood, a pain shot down her left leg. She groaned and picked up her things, mostly ignoring the aching leg as she walked towards the bar, limping slightly.

As she navigated her way around the crowded lounge, her left foot hit someone's leg. She tripped, and her mug and book fell out of her hands. She quickly reached for the table with her right arm to keep her up, and the mug with her other, managing to catch it before it hit the ground. Though the old book couldn't be saved, it managed to stay together after crashing against the floor. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh of relief as she put the mug down on the table she was holding herself up with, and then reached for the book that was on the floor.

After picking it up, she pushed herself up and looked at the person who she had just tripped over. Oh. The boy from the fight. "My apologies." She said briefly, politely smiling at him as she did. He looked like he had been dozing off, which was either good or bad for him, depending on their policy for possible freeloaders. She groaned and rubbed her upper left leg a little. I really don't want to go up to my room now...
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 02:07 PM
has no CR

OoC: I'm assuming there isn't a specific posting order here - please correct me if I'm wrong :3

BiC:
Zolf was jolted awake again as something knocked against his outstretched leg. He pushed himself upright in the chair and glared at the person who had tripped over it. It was the blue haired woman from the far corner.

'Watch it!' he said angrily. He looked up to see the guards who had remained in the room watching him carefully. He'd definitely be thrown out for starting a second fight, so he got up and began to move off, looking for another quiet corner.

Something small and hard dug into the sole of his foot as he trod on it. A room key? The woman must have dropped it when she tripped. He considered taking it for a moment...he hadn't slept indoors for a very long time...and if he had a room they probably wouldn't throw him out...

After looking round to check nobody was watching, he bent down and picked it up. The stairs were just across from him and he walked towards them, feeling happy for the first time today.

Sig by insaney <3
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-14-2012, 06:55 PM
I Lika Do The Cha Cha

OoC: I don't think there's a posting order, but I guess I'm not the one who should answer that question. I don't mind, though.

BiC: Carcaroth had only ever gotten drunk once, and that was a long time ago - before he came to be possessed by a demon and begin his life as a travelling swordsman. He figured that alcohol was the last thing he should consume, considering the fact that he was sharing his body with a sadistic, murderous demon with severe anger-issues, a tendency for extreme mood-swings and a sick sense of humor. He didn't know how alcohol would affect either of them in their current state, and he had no desire to find out.

Thus, he was put in a bit of a tough spot when a small group of loudly singing men approached the bar that Carcaroth was standing by, flanking him on both sides. They all ordered each their pint of stout, and one slammed his large hand into Carcaroth's back like one would when greeting a stranger while under heavy influence of alcohol. How Carcaroth hadn't noticed these guys until now was a mystery.

"Make it seven!" shouted the man to Carcaroth's left. He was completely bald, but with a huge moustache to make up for it. His hands were rough and brutal, the kind that were common with smiths and lumberjacks. "For our lil' friend here!" The barmaid behind the wooden counter gave Carcaroth a quick glance before hurrying to serve the men their beer.

"I don't need any, thanks," said Carcaroth, trying to be polite. He even attempted a smile, though he felt it may have looked more like a grimace. The man wasn't listening to him though, he was more concerned with shouting and singing with his friends.

"You're not from anywhere around, are you?" said the man to Carca's right. He was the one who'd caused the ache in Carcaroth's back, and he was at least as big and burly as the man on Carca's left. He lacked a moustache, but made up for that with some really bushy eyebrows. He also had hair on his head, but it was very short.

"Eh, no," said Carcaroth slowly. He certainly wouldn't seem that way - as far as he could tell, all the local men were at least twice his size. The only exception was the young kid who'd gotten himself into a fight earlier.

"The men around here are all workers," continued the man. "That guy there - " he pointed at the man who'd ordered beer for Carcaroth, " - he's the blacksmith. We know him as Bart, cuz that's what moustache means where he comes from. Me, I work in the mine. You can call me Jorn."

"A pleasure," said Carcaroth. When Jorn stared at him expectantly, he cleared his throat and continued: "It's Carca."

"Yup, definitely not from around here," said Jorn with a snort and a grin. "That's one of the weirdest names I've ever heard."

"Seven pints of stout," said the barmaid. She pushed a jug containing a half-litre of dark beer towards Carcaroth, but avoided looking at him as she quickly returned to her duties. Jorn chuckled.

"They get charmed so easily, the girls around here," he muttered to Carcaroth when the barmaid was out of reach to hear. "They're not used to seeing any handsome young men - most of 'em take off when they get old enough, sayin' they don't wanna end up workin' their asses off like we do... well, if you ask me, that's what separates boys from men." He took a large swig from his beer. "Anyway, as a result our girls always get so flustered and red-faced whenever a young, good-looking guy comes along... just in case you were wonderin'. And in case you were thinkin' of seducin' any of 'em, I'd strongly advice against it - we're a bunch of overprotective fathers, see."

Carcaroth glanced over his shoulders. Yup, they sure seemed like the kind of guys who wouldn't want anyone to fool around with their precious little daughters. He attempted another smile, hoping it would look genuine enough.

"Don't worry, I'm not here for the women."

"I wasn't worryin'," said Jorn with a grin. "I was just makin' sure you wouldn't accidentally get your face turned to meat loaf by doing somethin' stupid. But it's good to see that you're a smart kid. Most of the fools comin' here... well, let's say that they are not very smart."

Carcaroth felt Kerel's conscience attempting to break through. He always got like this whenever there was someone making the vaguest suggestion at violence where he could hear it. He always needed to respond to it, to make it known that he could beat anyone to a bloody pulp if he wanted to. Carcaroth fought back the demon mentally, something he had gotten pretty good at as he'd spent more and more time with the demon locked up inside his head.

"Something the matter?" asked Jorn. "Need to throw up already? You haven't even had a sip yet."

It was true that Carcaroth hadn't touched his beer. It was also natural that Jorn would ask Carca that question, as he always got the look of someone who's fighting back the urge to vomit whenever he was having a mental battle with the demon.

"No, I'm fine," said Carcaroth eventually, breathing heavily. He gave Jorn another forced smile, grabbed the pint of stout and had a swig. It was a bigger sip than he had planned, which made him cough and sputter a little as he put the mug down. Bart roared with laughter at him.

"Not a very experienced drinker, this," he shouted to his friends, and they all laughed. Carcaroth wiped his mouth and attempted a laugh as well, but it sounded more like a groan.

Sometimes I wonder why you even bother, commented Kerel mentally. He sounded somewhat bitter, probably resentful over being denied the opportunity for some manslaughter earlier. These idiots aren't worth talking to.

I like feeling like a human being from time to time, replied Carcaroth. Someone who can sit down and talk to someone, for just a little while.

And I want to feel like a demon from time to time, said Kerel. But do you see me complaining? Nooo... well, yes, but that's justified.

Carcaroth sighed and shut the demon out of his head. This, too, had become increasingly easier to do lately. Maybe it was Carcaroth who was beginning to get used to the demon and had begun to adapt to his presence.

Some time passed. Carcaroth vaguely registered a blue-haired woman moving around before suddenly tripping. He glanced over at her, and saw that she had stumbled over the boy from earlier. She moved a little weirdly, with just a slight limp in every step she took with her left leg. She seemed a bit young for someone to be limping - definitely no older than he himself was. He tilted his head as he watched her, before noticing the boy moving. He bent down... Carcaroth couldn't see what for, because a table was in the way, but when the boy got back up again he started moving towards the stairs.

The door from the hallway opened, and a chill wind went through the room. A group of robed, hooded strangers stepped in. The one to the front brought his hood back, revealing a pale and hollowed face with small, dark eyes.

"Uh oh, here's trouble," muttered Jorn. Carcaroth glanced at him, and he continued. "They're not exactly strangers, but they're not exactly regulars either. When they do come here, however, there's always somethin'. Always."

"Barmaid!" shouted the pale man as his companions also brought their hoods back. "Me and my boys could use something strong and bitter, what with this terrible snow and all!"

"I suggest you move," said Jorn as he and the other men moved away from the bar. "Give 'em some space."

Carcaroth couldn't help but wonder why the big, burly men were vacating their spots for this group of seemingly weaker men. The guy in the front, who seemed to be their leader by how he'd called the others "his boys", seemed no bigger or stronger than Carcaroth himself. Perhaps they were dangerous in other ways than just physical strength.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-15-2012, 01:38 AM
Anouki

OoC:: No order. We're good.

IC:: Fate barely saw the young man she had just tripped over picking something up off the floor. What she had noticed, she paid no attention to. She was too distracted by the group of drunk men singing and shouting at the bar, and watched as they whisked the shady man from earlier into their most likely awkward conversations.

Their cheering was soon stopped, however, by the appearance of a strange group of men. They were covered from head to toe in black cloaks, until they began to pull down their hoods. The one in front was first, before shouting out to the barmaid to get him and his boys some heavy drinks. The rest took his example, taking their hoods down and following him to the bar, and the barmaid was hurrying to get his order filled. The guards were on their toes, watching the visitors while avoiding eye contact.

The rest of the lounge became quiet, the conversations were brought down to whispers, but most of them were now about the men who had entered. The amount of people in the room also lessened, some had gone up to their rooms.

When Fate stepped forward to approach the bar, the blanket wrapped around her was tugged on by a woman, probably a few years older than herself. When she turned around, the woman shook her head slowly and began to pull Fate back with her, further away from the bar.

"You shouldn't go near them." The woman whispered quietly, hardly loud enough for Fate to even make out. "It's best to let them have the bar to themselves for now, and wait until they leave."

Fate rose an eyebrow, giving the woman a confused look. "Why is this?" She asked quietly, trying to match the woman's whispers.

"Those men come in here once in a while. Sometimes they have blood on their clothing, and one or two are injured every now and then, but they don't even seem to notice." The woman replied, glancing over at the men. "Some people saw a man murdered by one of them..."

Fate crossed her arms and closed her eyes for a moment before looking back at the strange group of men. They looked like they were searching the bar for someone they could provoke. "I don't think they want to be left alone." She muttered before breaking away from the woman's light grip.

She limped her way over to the bar and stood at the end, a couple feet away from one of the men who had entered. He was chatting with the man next to him, and throwing a few flirty looks at the barmaid, who nervously shook them off. Both of them looked younger compared to the rest, and a lot more careless. Their skin was pale, just like the rest of their group, and they had dark hair to contrast it.

Even if they are looking for trouble, I'd rather not be the one to give it to them. She placed her mug down on the bar and reached for her key, which had been tied on a string to her sash, but seemed to be missing now. She groaned and looked back at the lounge, where she had been was now mostly crowded with people, and shuffling through the crowd to find a key that might not even be there seemed like it'd be rather complicated.

Come to think of it, what did that boy pick up? She sighed and looked around a little bit more, but she didn't see the boy anywhere anymore. These events all happening at once was not pleasant for her. But she had more than enough money, if there was an extra room...

"Excuse me, do you know are any rooms left?" Fate called out to the barmaid, and the two men near her started to look in her direction.

"Ah, I'm sorry... I believe the last one was just taken." The barmaid responded, then quickly went back to her work.

She sighed, so much for the simple alternative.

"Why, that's too bad, isn't it?" The man closest to her said, grinning as he looked at Fate. "But you can stay in my room if you'd like." The man next to him was chuckling, it looked like some kind of silly joke between the two.

Fate faked a laugh and smile, "Oh, but I'd hate to inconvenience you." She replied, looking a little annoyed, but taking the opportunity to get a better look at the two. There was definitely something suspicious about them, they smelled a little odd, too.

The man laughed and began to reach for her hand. "I wouldn't think of it as an inconvenience..."

"My, my, do you not understand it when a woman has rejected you?" She grabbed his arm and held it firmly between the two of them, and glared down at him. "But, she was right... You reek of blood." She said, glancing at the small bloodstains that could be seen on his sleeves. If they really were murderers, she wasn't going to leave it alone.

The leader of the group, who was seated in the middle, shot a heated glare at Fate, and slowly began to rise from his chair.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-15-2012, 10:34 AM
I Lika Do The Cha Cha

Oh dear, this definitely was trouble. Carcaroth ignored the warnings from Jorn and Bart and quickly made his way to the men that were slowly surrounding the limping woman.

"Your key!" he almost shouted as he got in a close enough range to be heard. All the heads turned to look at him, and he held up the key he had paid for earlier. "I found your key," he said to the woman. She stared at him with raised eyebrows before glancing at the key.

"That's not my key," she said shortly. "But thank you for your concern."

"No, this is definitely your key," said Carcaroth.

"Beat it," said one of the robed men with a snarl. "Can't you see you're interrupting our conversation with this young lady?"

"Hey..."

Carcaroth suddenly felt something grab him from behind, and Calaim was forcibly pulled out of its scabbard. One of the group had taken the crimson-bladed sword and now stood examining it with interest.

"What kind of sword is this?" he said. "It's pretty heavy for such a short weapon..."

Carcaroth's hand flew through the air and hit the man right in the face. "Give that sword back or I'll make your final moments the worst of your life!" he roared with a voice that wasn't quite his own. Suddenly he felt several arms grab him, forcing him down onto his knees. He felt a kick to his back, as well as a few punches to the head. Beside him, the blue-haired woman was also forced down onto her knees.

"Seems we have our volunteers for the evening's entertainment," said the leader of the group coldly. "My boys love a good, old-fashioned bar-brawl."

"Get his coat off," said one of the men holding Carca down. The swordsman felt a burning rage in his veins, but he beat back any urge to fight back. Behind the counter stood the barmaid, face as pale as snow, with a dagger to her neck. This was probably the reason why the blue-haired woman hadn't done anything either, not even so much as say something.

It was also why Carcaroth struggled with his every might to keep Kerel at bay. The demon fought fiercely for the chance to take control of Carcaroth's body and rain the pain down on these bastards, but no matter how fast he could do it, it wouldn't be fast enough.

Carcaroth glanced at the woman at his side as the thugs were busy ordering the other people in the lounge over to the far side of the room so they could get some space. He figured now was as good a time as any for introductions.

"The name's Carcaroth," he muttered, so lowly that he wasn't sure she heard it. But then...

"Fate," came the reply, just as low.

"I trust you know the rules for a bar-brawl?" said the leader suddenly as he stepped in front of Carca and Fate. "Rule number one; the combatants fight without weapons. Rule number two; the combatants fight topless. But," he said loudly as the other thugs cheered, "out of respect for the lady, she may keep her clothes on."

Carcaroth had to admit that he figured this was a pretty classy thing to do, considering the situation. He was stripped of his shirt and jacket, revealing his pale, scarred and thin but toned upper body. He was glad to see that he seemed to be in better physical shape than the men who were getting ready to be their opponents, but he still felt a bit worried; hand-to-hand combat wasn't his field of expertise.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-15-2012, 10:53 AM
Taunting the Sun God
View Posts: 154

OoC: I'll be joining in with Whimsy, found in my signature.

IC:

A little girl with peculiar silver hair walked through the cold, snowy evening. Even more peculiar was her clothing: it was clearly fashioned for warmer climate, consisting of a short-sleeved dress with a large gossamer bow tied in the back, and bare feet. She was shivering violently, gripping a bedraggled teddy bear to her chest, her whole body chilled to the bone. It wasn't long, though, before she laid her eyes on the lights of an inn. Her violet eyes lit up, and she said as she best she could with chattering teeth to the teddy, "Mister Cuddles, what should we do?"

"..." The bear said nothing. If you expected it to, well, it didn't.

"Whimsy likes that, Mister Cuddles. Whimsy loves you." She began to trot through the snowy street. Once she reached the inn, she put her hand on the door handle and pushed with all her might. Though the door was dark and heavy, behind it, there was light, and the smells of all the things she could ever want to eat and dusty old books. The room was surprisingly quiet for all the adults that would never take her seriously, though there was one loud, boisterous group at the bar. The adults that stood out to her were a young woman with blue hair, who was challenging an older man with blood on his sleeves; a broad-shouldered, dark-haired man nearby that young woman, in the cluster of men that were attempting to intimidate her; and a teenager, tall and gangly with a rugged, sloppy appearance. The little girl took a timid step over the threshold, and closed the door quietly behind her.

Quietly, she crept through the masses, and took a seat by the fire in an large, red lounge chair, and set the bear named Mister Cuddles on her lap. Allowing herself to to thaw, she surveyed the room, trying to see if there was anything else interesting to see. She mumbled incoherently, as she did when she was stressed, annoyed, or simply bored. This often drew attention to her, but she wasn't conscious of doing it.

Just when she was getting comfortable, a bar-brawl began to break out. The dark-haired man she was so curious about and intimidated by had his sword forced out of the scabbard, and was insulted. Then, a voice, certainly not human, nor his, though from his lips, shouted, "GIVE THAT SWORD BACK OR I'LL MAKE YOUR FINAL MOMENTS THE WORST OF YOUR LIFE!" The rules were laid out, and they made their way to the lounge, where the little girl was sitting. Her eyes got all wide, as if she was a kitten that was scared out of her wits. Holding Mr. Cuddles under one arm, she leaned on the arm of the chair, and watched the events unfold.

[Maybell Lee][Ona Grace Accendrus (Mist)][Whimsy]
Last Edited by KitsuneFox; 01-15-2012 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-15-2012, 11:00 AM
has no CR

As the door opened to let the strange newcomers in, Zolf suddenly found the way to the stairs blocked by a thick crowd of people hurrying to their rooms. He was forced to reluctantly stand aside and wait for the rush to subside.

Why were the people suddenly so nervous? He peered at the men who had just come in, and saw the leader take off his hood and make his way to the bar. The conversation in the room had died down to frightened whispers. Who on earth were these people? He watched intently as the blue haired woman and the dark haired man each went up to the strangers, and as they were both seized and forced to their knees. A fight? He had to see this.

He edged forward through the knot of people that had fromed around the edges of the room, ignoring the people who turned to look at him. Then someone grabbed his arm - and another one, then another. He was being pushed to the front of the crowd and into the middle of the room by the people, who quickly closed the gap behind him.

'This one can fight too!' One of them said. Other voices joined the person, laughing nervously, murmering their approval. The strange mens' eyes were on him now, and they moved towards him to half drag, half carry him over to the other two, where he was pushed to the ground beside them. His shirt was ripped off him and lost in the crowd of spectators.

'This evening should be unforgettable!' chuckled the leader of the strange group. 'You may begin!'

Sig by insaney <3
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Anouki

Fate took a short moment to glance to the side as the door opened and a young girl, under dressed for this weather, entered. She watched from the corner of her eyes until the girl was safely seated next to the fire. This was certainly not the place for a child, especially not now. Hopefully she would be able to warm up in the lounge without getting involved.

Her attention was soon brought back to the group surrounding her and the dark haired man when she heard him yell at the man who took his weapon away. His voice sounded different than before, and not just from anger. It sounded rather unusual, but there wasn't any more time to focus on it. She was forced down to her knees by the group of criminals, and exchanged quiet, brief introductions with Carcaroth. When the leader stepped forward, she glared up at him while he announced the rules. At the very least, they were pretty reasonable rules.

After he was done, the men began to remove their upper clothing and weapons, revealing various cuts and scars on some. She didn't pay much attention to it, and glanced up at the barmaid, who was still being held hostage by one of the men. A strategy to keep the rules, it seemed. But if it didn't go well for them, she didn't expect rules to be kept towards the end. But they were outnumbered, very outnumbered. Even if by chance Carcaroth was incredibly skilled at hand to hand combat, the chances of winning were very small. And in terms of brute strength, there's no way Fate would be able to compare to any of these guys.

While the thugs were still taunting and grinning at their prey, a boy was thrown into the mix. The one from the earlier fight. Certainly not his lucky day. Fate stood and pulled off the wool blanket that was around her and threw it behind her. She took a deep breath as the leader ordered for the fight to begin.

As the men began to approach them, Fate slowly walked back and clenched her fists. Most of them seemed to be more interested in taking on Carcaroth, she and the boy did not seem to be of much interest when it came to actually fighting.

Time's up. When one of the men swung his fist at her, she quickly took a few steps to the side and grabbed his arm, and quickly slammed her knee into his gut. After pulling him up slightly, she swung her fist into his jaw and put her left foot up to his stomach, then pushed him away, feeling a pain in her leg again as she did. She received a punch to the left side of her face soon after. After a quick recovery from it, she turned her head towards the man who hit her, and noticed it was the one who had poorly flirted with her earlier.

"I like a woman with some fight in her." He grinned.

"Don't you ever give up?" Fate asked as she threw a punch at his face. Her fist was caught just short of hitting him, and the man chuckled and pushed her back into a group of the brawlers. She looked around cautiously, with no idea what to do. This kind of fight was rather unusual for her. She was used to considering her next move, at least a little, before acting it out, but this seemed more based on instinct and reflex.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 07:39 PM
I Lika Do The Cha Cha

Five minutes into the brawl, it became clear what advantages Carcaroth had.

He was much faster than his opponents, and he had extremely quick reflexes. Greater stamina also ensured that the opponents wore out faster than he did. And when considering the fact that they weren't very good at cooperating with each other, constantly bumping into and hitting each other by accident, this wasn't as bad of a match-up as Carcaroth had initially feared.

They were definitely prioritizing him before the other two, which Carca didn't mind so much. He preferred to be the one soaking up the most threat as would let the other two have some breathing space, and potentially let them overtake their opponents so that they could slowly outmaneuver and defeat the rest.

Carcaroth shook his head. It was no use thinking of tactics in a situation like this. They were at the mercy of their opponents, and a misstep could cost someone their life.

He saw Fate being pushed into some of the brawlers, leaving her in a very undesirable situation. Carcaroth seized the opportunity of the distraction and swiftly jabbed at the stomach of the guy closest to him, causing the unfortunate recipient to drop to his knees and gasp for breath before receiving kick over the head and falling over, completely out of it. Meanwhile, Fate was struggling to get out of the tight spot she was in, but it seemed the thugs had found this to be a good time to surround her.

"Crap," muttered Carcaroth as he ducked and rolled to avoid the attacks coming his way while trying to get to Fate. He saw them hit her across the face, he saw her attempt to hit back, but it was impossible for her to do anything in such a situation.

One of the men grabbed her from behind and locked her arms, and one of his companions proceeded to drive his knee into her gut.

Carcaroth was right by them as this happened, and he felt as though his heart was going to burst out of his chest out of pure rage. These sick, cowardly, sadistic, pathetic -

It was almost as though Kerel had taken over, but at the same time not. Carcaroth was still in control, but his actions were driven by a seething hatred that had come from seeing Fate being attacked like that. It was fueled by an intense desire to beat these men to a bloody pulp, regardless of how many they were. Carcaroth had rarely been this angry.

His right arm reached out and grabbed the closest brawler by the shoulder. With a strength that he was certain belonged to Kerel, he flung the man across the room and into one of his mates. The next guy received a headbutt to the chest so strong that he crashed to the ground and was immediately knocked out.

The last one, probably seeing where this was going, seized his chance to get away and shoved Fate into Carcaroth, who hadn't expected this and thus tumbled back as he attempted to keep both him and her steady. This was all the time needed for the other thugs to throw themselves over him from all sides, and there was a loud cheer as they did from the thugs that stood watching.

The next thing Carcaroth knew was that what felt like huge wooden logs were being slammed into him from all sides. Then he was locked in place by someone grabbing him from behind, and he was brutally pushed toward the bar.

"Hey boys, let's give him a drink!" shouted the guy holding him. The next thing Carca knew, a drinking glass was smashed into his face and shattered, leaving at least a couple of deep cuts.

"New rule!" he heard the leader shout in the background. "Using the chairs is now allowed!"
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2012, 10:55 PM
Come and get it!
View Posts: 1,801

A young man walked through the snowstorm, the flakes twisting around him in a whirlwind of white. Damn cold.... he thought, shaking in his cloak. He looked up for a moment, making sure he didn't stray off of the badly visible road. His eye brows were instantly covered in flakes. Quickly, he looked back down. He brought the memory of the quick glance in his minds eye, and he had seen the outline of a village close by. He quickened his pace, hoping to get there before the storm became any worse.

Tarok reached the village, and followed the sound of roudiness, barely heard over the wind, that was always the callsign of an inn. There were small footprints, quickly disappearing in the blizzard, on the ground, leading toward the inn. Normally, Tarok would have questioned this exceedingly, but he did not care enough at the moment to do so. He pushed open the heavy wooden door with ease, and was met with the warmth of bodies and the stench of drink, sweat, and blood. "Just great..." Tarok muttered. He had walked into a brawl.

He quickly took in the situation. There were two people at the middle of the fight, a woman and a man, faced with about a dozen other men, probably a cult, considering the same dark cloaks discarded onto the floor. Tarok calmly closed the door behind him, and looked back at the brawl. He quickly ended his internal debate about joining in the fight, using the rationalization that he wouldn't be able to get a room as long as this went on.he took off his cloak, reavealing his simple but handsome clothes underneath, unclasped his dagger from around his waist, hand took off his shirt, revealing a well muscles chest and several small scars. He left his necklace on, though.

He joined the brawl, fighting for the under-dog, as usual. He gave the closest man to him an uppercut to the stomach, causing him to bend over to catch his breath, and then gave the man a knee to the face, causing near instant unconsciousness. The next one came behind him, hoping to catch Tarok by surprise, but instead received an elbow to the face. He fought towards the woman in the vented of the fight, who seemed to be having a hard time.

When he finally reached the women, he gave the man behind her, holding her arms, a quick and hard jab He grunted to her, "Evening." And got back in the fight.

OoC: Hello all! It's been a while, so I'm not was good as I used to be. If you haven't figured it out already, I am using Tarok, link in sig.

Last Edited by Haagar212; 01-16-2012 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-17-2012, 03:50 AM
"Science vill send you back to Hell, Edison!"
View Posts: 979

(OoC: Greetings. Thank you for letting me join, Vahlia, and I look forward to role playing with everyone else here as well. I will be using Kay of Bloody Death. I request that no one powerplay my character in any of their posts please, just as my personal preference. Thank you for your time.)

IC:

"... They sure are being noisy," came a sigh in a room upstairs right after Zolf had entered the inn and had his unfortunate run in with one of the men who had been drinking.

Kay's eyes had opened under her red hood, which normally wouldn't be seen, but was especially likely to go unnoticed right now as there didn't seem to be anyone else in her rented room. The woman had fallen asleep fully clothed, red hood staying on and covering the top half of her face and head even as she lied there on her back under the covers the inn provided. Easily awoken, and a faction of irritation as well as a fraction of curiosity irking her mind, riled Kay out of bed. Throwing the warm covers off of her body with the intensity of slamming a door, Kay's black leather work boots touched down onto the floor next to her bed swiftly, but silently. Standing straight up now, the woman ran her hands over her Red Riding Hood attire with black leather gloves that matched her boots. Making sure her full body red cloak was as free of wrinkles as she could, and that her large red hood and red and black plaid scarf were on straight, Kay barged her way out of her room and towards the stairs that lead to the floor below, all without making any stomping noises despite her ire.

She made it to the top of the stairs in time to catch the second half of Zolf's fight, shaking her head and thinking to herself, There's someone who wants attention. But Kay decided not to interfere, taking a seat on the top stair and resting her arms on the handrail, and her chin on her arms, to watch how things turned out.

As things turned out, another black haired man, Carcaroth, came to the aid of the first black haired boy who had won the fight. The smile that showed under the red hood at the top of the stairs smirked in amusement. No longer tired, Kay turned to people watching from the top of the stairs. Ignoring the small fight that had just happened, the people gathered at the inn seemed like a lively, but peaceful bunch, something Kay appreciated as she thought about to the soon future when she would be returning to her bed.

Turning her head to look at a window, Kay was barely remembering why she had even been in bed already. And then she saw the snow and got a big happy smile. She loved the snow. She found it extremely convenient for her own personal reasons. And as such, Kay had been playing in the snow all day before the night came. The woman in her mid-twenties had been prancing around in the frozen water crystals like a child, giggling and energetic, disregarding the threat of the incoming blizzard. She played this way until she had tired herself out, dragged herself to this inn, gorged herself with food, and passed out just as the sun went down.

Kay was awakened from her memories when she heard a thumping of a book hitting the floor. A blue haired woman in a warm wool blanket and a nice blue dress had fumbled next to the boy from the fight. Kay watched as Zolf picked up the key that had hit his foot. The boy is a gentleman, Kay thought to herself, figuring Zolf was passing on the kindness shown to him by Carcaroth by helping Fate out in retrieving her dropped item. Only it turned out that Zolf was helping himself out, not Fate. Kay chuckled under her breath and shook her head, but then shrugged it off. She herself couldn't exactly judge him without being a hypocrite, for though right now her pockets were heavy with coins, Kay was not actually any better than the younger thief.

As Zolf was heading towards the very stairs that Kay was sitting on, she moved to stand up to get out of his way, but it didn't seem that Zolf would ever make it to her. Soon enough a rush of other guests at the inn had beaten Zolf in the race to the rooms. Red Riding Hood looked over to the source of the commotion, and what would break out into a fight that would make Zolf's earlier encounter look like a tea party.

Once again Kay just sat back and watched, just letting things go as they would, not getting involved. She did find it rather ridiculous, though. Topless fighting? What is this nonsense? Really would only be worth it if she was the one topless, not them, Kay complained to no one. Still, the fight went on. Carcaroth was doing well until he took a chair to the back. Fate seemed to be holding her own, despite the obvious pain her leg was in, yet as far as Kay could tell Fate was keeping her spirits and moxie up, so Kay silently commended her for that. And Zolf had been stripped half naked as well. And now a new person in a black cloak had come into the inn to stumble into the fight, though this some seemed to be coming to the aid of the good people.

And that was the difference. These people that Kay had been observing, while having their personality quirks, were good people as far as she could tell. These men who had come in with their hoods, causing all sorts of whispers and commotions, they were not good people. And Kay had grown tired of this fight. One... two... twelve...? Bah, twelve better be enough, Kay thought to herself as she pulled herself off the wall she had been leaning on and started walking down the stairs.

"Oh," though, Kay let out, as she saw a silver haired little thing. Kay then remembered something from earlier. The book that Fate had been reading. As Kay passed by the bar, she would have hoped to pick up the book if Fate had left it behind before the fight, and would then walk over to Whimsy with it.

"You're not nearly as dressed up as you should be," Red Riding Hood said kindly to the tiny girl who was slightly more than two feet shorter than Kay. This was rather intentional, as Kay was trying to use her body to block Whimsy's view to the fight. Though Kay's red hood lay flat against her cheek bones and the rim of her nose, covering up her eyes completely and blocking expressions that could be read from them, Kay's lips were turned up in a happy smile, so Kay hoped she would come off as gentle to the six year old.

"That's a very nice friend you have there," Kay added and pointed to Mister Cuddles with her free hand.

Then there was a very quick rumbling under the floor of the inn, like the vibrations of a dozen jackhammers starting up all at once. The feeling and sound would end in the time an average person could count to two, followed by many sharp sounds of the floor cracking open. In the blink of an eye twelve iron rods with spear-like tips had shot from the floor of the inn to the ceiling of this first floor, like rebar that had come to life and ripped itself out of the foundation of the building. Each of the iron shafts had come up right from under one of the offending men who were attacking the good people who had come in before.

Though ten of the iron beams had erupted haphazardly from the ground, two of them had been very precise. The first was very cleanly aimed to hit the man who was holding a dagger to the barmaid's throat and to carefully not hit the barmaid herself. The second to try to kill the man who was carrying Carcaroth's sword while avoiding colliding with the sword itself. But regardless of finesse or lack there of, all of the iron rods had been created swiftly and decidedly for one reason: to skewer and turn these evil men into human-sized shishkabobs.

Kay all the while stood in front of Whimsy to try to spare her from the potentially bloody and gruesome attempt at an execution, though never looked back to see if her surprise attacks were successful or not. With a twist of her right ankle there came sorts of snapping sounds, like several twigs that had been stepped on giving way. Kay moved her right foot and, if one took the time to notice, six iron pegs had been left in the floor under Kay's foot. She would repeat the motion, and the snapping sounds would come again, with her left foot moving, showing another six markings on the floor. But perhaps most noticeable would be the bright crimson steam raising off of Kay's cloaked back, as if Kay's blood was boiling right out of her body. Luckily Whimsy had decided to sit next to the fire place, so the steam that was coming off of Kay's body was pulled into the firepit and drawn out to the snowy night by the chimney.

All the while Kay hoped Whimsey wouldn't notice anything, including the steam, though Kay doubted the noises from the iron detaching from her boots like metal cleats that had gotten stuck in the floor would go unnoticed. So Kay would try to distract Whimsey and would try to start to flip through Fate's book.

"Yuemnia the White Ghost," Kay started, "Do you like legends?" she asked the small girl, "That sounds like a very interesting one to me. I might go looking for her if she sounds like she could be helpful. I'm not sure if her story is in here, but would you like me to read you a story from this book? Or maybe you could read to me, if you want to," the snow-white skinned woman tried.

Zelda games completed to 100% without dying (# of times if more than once):
LoZ (FQ 7, SQ 7), AoL (4), G&W, GW, LttP (4), LA (4), LADX (6), OoT (6), MM (7), OoA (4) OoS (4) (OoS/OoA 2, OoA/OoS 2), LttP/FS (2), OoTMQ, WW (3), SCII, FSA (8), MC (5), TP (3), TPGC, PH, LCT, ST, OoT3D, OoTMQ3D, FS:AE, SS
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-17-2012, 02:30 PM
has no CR

Zolf was propelled head first into the fight by a kick in the back from the man who had been holding him down. He turned to him, a murderous look on his face, only to be confronted by one of the thugs they were to fight against.

He twisted quickly to the side as the man went for his middle, but ducked the second hit too late and felt it connect with his face. His hands went to his nose and came away smeared with blood. He kicked, trying to sweep the man's legs out from under him, but it was like kicking a tree.

This man was about as strong as the man he had fought earlier, but he wasn't drunk, therefore more dangerous. Zolf knew the odds of him winning this fight were small, but running wasn't an option. He would leave his mark on this man. He struck out at the man again, driving his fist into the man's stomach, then his ribs. The man blocked his next punch with his forearms, and countered with his own which just missed Zolf's head.

Zolf took a step backwards, right into another thug, who grabbed his arms and held them behind his back with an iron grip. The second one advanced, grinning, then swung a mighty punch which slammed into Zolf's stomach. He doubled over, gasping, his vision blurring for a second. Another thundering impact came, and he coughed and spluttered. Red spots had started to appear on the floor.

He looked up at the man, who had an ugly sneer on his face, then past him at the others. He could see the two he had encountered earlier, the man and the woman, as well as three new arrivals - a silver haired girl, a boy younger that he was, and a woman in a red cloak. His attention snapped back to the two men attacking him as a series of metal spikes shot up from the floor, skewering several people.

The man was preparing to hit him again. He wasn't sure how much more of this he could take. He used a little of his nearly depleted strength to create a wall of solid air and send it shooting forward into the man, slamming into him. He drove his heel hard into the knee of the one holding him, and his grip loosened for a second. He wrenched his arms free and lurched towards the man in front, swinging his fist into his mouth then his elbow into his chest. He heard the other man lumbering up behind him and ducked, looking up in time to see the punch that had been aimed at him crunch into the other man's face.

The man toppled over backwards and hit the floor. Zolf turned and scrambled over the table behind him as the remaining man charged at him, rage burning in his eyes. He wouldn't stand a chance against this one unarmed. The strange leader had said they were allowed to use chairs...but he could do better. Gripping the edge of the table, he heaved upwards with all his might, using the air underneath to support it. When it was on its side he sent it rocketing forwards at the charging man. It hit him head on, knocking him flat onto his back and trapping him underneath.

Zolf bent over, hands on his knees, panting. That had had been a last resort - it had used up the very last of his strength. A surge of dizziness threatened to topple him. He couldn't fight any more. He didn't notice the man behind him until his fist fired brightly coloured flashes of pain through his head, and sent him sprawling onto the floor. The flashes turned to explosions as the man's foot struck his forehead. His consciousness stayed with him long enough for him to register being hauled roughly off the ground and flung across the room, landing at the feet of the silver haired girl and the red cloaked woman.

He had lost.

Sig by insaney <3
Last Edited by Intrigue; 01-17-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Taunting the Sun God
View Posts: 154

"Mister Cuddles is a gentleman," said Whimsy to... Kay, she found. She decided to ignore the first comment, as it had no value to her. She owned nothing else, and she planned to travel with nothing but Mister Cuddles. She didn't even want a bag to carry her stuff in. Often, people just gave her the things she needed if she was quiet, she showed up at their doorstep, and minded her manners like saying 'please' and 'thank you' when needed.

The room felt like it was undergoing a minor eartquake, but before Whimsy knew it, it was over. She couldn't see what had happened (though her neurotic self immediatly assumed that it was one of them), for Miss Kay was standing in front of all the view of the action. Whimsy wanted to see, as odd as it seemed. After the tremor was over, she said to the cloaked woman in front of her, "Miss Kay, there is no reason to hide anything from Whimsy. Whimsy knows. Whimsy knows!" Whimsy giggled with quiet, insane laughter, and her face all lit up like a Christmas tree.

Upon Miss Kay's mention of reading, Whimsy let out a sigh of contempt. "Whimsy doesn't like stories. Stories end in happy things. Whimsy can't end with happy things. They will get Whimsy if Whimsy settles down. Stories make Whimsy very, very sad, Miss Kay." She spoke seriously. Then, at their feet, came the limp body of the sloppy-looking teenager.

Whimsy climbed from her armchair by the fire, and knelt by the boy. She nudged him a little, a worried look in her eyes. He was one of the interesting characters that caught her eye from before. "Mister," she said, nudging him some more. "Please do wake up. Whimsy loves you!"

She was almost certain someone would pull her away from him, and tell her the truth. Grownups always did.

[Maybell Lee][Ona Grace Accendrus (Mist)][Whimsy]
Last Edited by KitsuneFox; 01-17-2012 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Anouki

Fate's eyes widened as blood splattered on her face, she was shocked as she watched an iron pole shoot out of the floor and skewer the man in front of her from the back. She stepped back once, before hearing the sound of another pole shooting out right behind her, and she turned around swiftly. Behind the pole was one of the angered thugs, who now looked ready to kill her without any hesitation. At the rate things were going, she may have had to adopt that feeling for them as well.

"The rules have been broken!" Announced the leader furiously. Fate took a moment to glance at him, watching as he stood up from his seat and unsheathed his sword and began to enter the fight. Her eyes then shifted to the barmaid, who stared down at the now dead man who had been holding her captive in horror.

Fate's attention was brought back to her own situation when she felt a cold blade cut into her side, leaving a shallow, but painful injury. She jumped back and grabbed at her side, glaring up at the man who in turn stared down at her with a twisted grin. Without further hesitation, she swung her leg up and kicked his knife out of his hand, then rushed to catch it, barely grabbing it by the handle. She then thrust it into his stomach, and pulled it out just as quickly, kicking him off of her and onto the floor afterwards.

After taking a few deep breaths, she looked around a little more carefully. The spectators had almost all disappeared, those that were left were trembling with fear, or seemed stuck in a trance from seeing so many people slaughtered in front of them. A dozen iron poles were extended from the flooring, up to the ceiling, about half of them sticking through dead men. There were, including the man that was in near death condition laying next to her, about seven men scattered, dead in the lounge, and another behind the bar. And yet, there were still plenty to go around, half of them baring weapons, and the rest surely would be soon.

Fate shook her head and looked towards Carcaroth, who was barely visible through the men who were surrounding him. She quickly made her way over to him, but was soon halted by a knife flying right in front of her. She spun to the side to see the leader, pointing his sword in her direction, and glared at him. With her left hand, she took the knife she was holding and threw it down behind her, and pushed her right arm out. A light in the form of a sword appeared, and a sword quickly replaced it.

He grinned and let out a disturbing laugh as he took stance and prepared to charge at her. Fate quickly took a defensive position, and proceeded to block the attacks he continuously threw at her. As soon as she saw an opening, she slashed her sword up at him, but her attack was promptly cancelled by his own. He aimed for her hilt, and knocked the sword out of her hands. With a sinister grin, he reached for her neck and gripped it tightly with his left hand, and slowly lifted her off of the floor.

Gasping for air, she stared down at him in fear, and anger. She wasn't going to die here. She grasped his arm with her right hand, and pushed her left hand in front of his face. As a small light appeared between them, the man threw her into the window behind her, breaking the glass and sending her tumbling into the cold. Where the light had been soon caused a very small explosion in his face, sending him back a bit. He held his forehead with his left hand for a moment, blood seeping through his fingers.

When he took his hand down from his forehead, rather than anger, a twisted look of delight covered his face. He stepped slowly towards the window, and jumped out of it, a couple feet away from Fate, who was just now pushing herself up.

Fate quickly jumped to her feet and backed away when she saw him. Shivering, she once more summoned her sword, and stabbed it into the ground next to her. With her right hand on the tip of it's hilt, she rotated her left arm, and a few light replicas of her sword appeared around her.

His grin only grew wider, and he mimicked her actions. But there was a difference, the replicas of his sword were dark. "I wonder," He started, taking one of the swords that floated around him into his left hand. "Where that crystal of yours is?"

She stepped back slowly, pulling her sword out of the ground as she did. She stared up at him for a moment, shocked, and barely able to make sense of it. But when she did, she laughed quietly, and smiled at the man. "So, Yuemnia may be here after all." She said to herself as she pulled her sword up to point at him, and reached out for one of her replicas with her left hand. "I'll have you tell me where."
Last Edited by Vahlia; 01-18-2012 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote