Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Storykeeper

View Posts: 1,863
Re: Bleed Like Me (PG-13) [Stryder, Drammor, Shrub]

Raniya sneered down at the screaming, pausing only long enough for the last eighteen inches of Audisce's legs to shift and turn to a right angle, forming the distinct shape of a pick. The back of the sword's blade laid across Jerik's almost cradling him. She jerked her hand back, tightening her grip around Audisce's hilt as she lifted Jerik into the air. Not gently in any way, though.

Raniya hauled Mr. Hallow's Eve around to her right, swinging him around as she snapped her arms out with a ferocious cry. And then he hit the tree. His head and shoulder did, anyway. It made a satisfying thunk sound, like when you knock together two coconuts. Before she could lose momentum, the knuckles on the back of her right hand began to shine with white light, and he was up over her head, and then on the ground on the other side of her.

In another moment, she was flinging him around her again. To the left, so that Audisce's blade sawed slowly, jerkingly through Jerik's gut. He craned his neck, trying desperately to look in front of him. Gripping a split blade in his right hand, the man slashed about wildly. There was no snap or crack. Audisce didn't even feel it, but her legs simply fell off halfway down her blade, and the man's body hurdled through the air.

Raniya pulled Audisce back, looking over the severed blade with morbid fascination. The demon's wounds were already beginning to close – a grayish purple sludge seemed to be bubbling from her veins, already rebuilding the severed leg. Does it hurt? Raniya's mind asked Audisce's.

Greatly, the surilith's feminine voice answered. She didn't sound like she was in pain, but Raniya knew better. The pain oozed off her, and Raniya could practically taste it – almost sweet, nutty and tangy. Okay, maybe not practically. Literally... that was weird.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-07-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm now becoming my own self-fulfilled prophecy.
Send a message via AIM to Cookie
View Posts: 3,969

The bruised blush which crept into Harley's cheeks at Raniya's words would have been perfectly visible if they weren't already so battered, but it was very doubtful that the strange girl wouldn't have noticed from such a short distance. Maybe that's what the wink was for... For a moment a sense of panic threatened to take over her as she realised Raniya knew much more about her than could have reasonably been inferred, as if she already knew the rather grisly details of Harley's feeding habits even though they had never met before. Nevertheless there was something oddly familiar about Raniya that made her feel at ease and the panic was quickly replaced by a sense of closeness, like she could be completely honest with this person without the fear of rejection or judgement.

"He was just... He was just food, I didn't really want to **** him..."

Instead of a reply Raniya began to carefully lower her back onto the ground and for a moment a wide-eyed Harley feared she was being abandoned and left to her fate, but before she had a chance to protest Raniya's fingers moistened by her lips gently pressed against her cheek. It was as if she knew that would be enough to reassure her she was not being left behind and that she was safe, because something fluttered inside Harley's chest at the touch and she suddenly wasn't scared anymore.

She watched in awe as Raniya made her way towards the man who had hurt her so and realised she was doing this just for her -- this person she hardly knew was going out of her way to punish Sanguine simply because the person he had hurt was Harley. Her expression turned dreamy as a soft smile curved her lips as she looked at her. Did Raniya really love her...?

A spark of malice shone in her eyes and the smile widened as Raniya fired the purple miasma straight into his face. The man was getting what he deserved and Harley was all too happy to see him suffer. When the blade cruelly tore through him she barely managed to stifle a giggle and his howls of pain made her giddy with excitement. She wasn't even thinking of her own pain anymore but relishing in his agony, the blood already beginning to clot and congeal around her many wounds. When Raniya lifted him up into the air and began to fling his body around like a rag doll she started laughing.

"Aww..." she whined a few moments later, disappointed the man managed to dislodge himself using his knife. Her eyes swept over the sleek metal surface after he landed with a sickening thud, and that's when she remembered how pretty it was and how much she wanted it...

"...Rani darling, do you think you could get me his knife...?" she pleaded, her eyes large and hopeful.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Tactician Keybearer
Send a message via AIM to Shrub Send a message via Skype™ to Shrub

View Posts: 5,036

Ren bristled again with irritation, shoulders lifting like the hackles on an agitated cat. What the hell was she doing cutting in like this? So when she paused to inspect her damaged sword, Ren went over to where Sanguine hit the ground, stepped on his wrist to the hand that held his knife, and pulled it free from his fingers. He slammed his other foot down on his chest.

Leita had her arms over her head, cringing away from the scene as Raniya had ruthlessly battered Sanguine. She knew he was wrong, evil to have done this to this poor girl, but still ... Was all of this really necessary? She didn't dared disturb Raniya though. Especially not after that warning glare she had received from her.

She peeked up to see it was now Ren standing over Sanguine, holding his knife. "R-Ren, please don't ..." she whimpered. "S-stop. It's enough now, right?"

"I wonder, how many pieces of you can I cut off before you'll die?" Ren asked Sanguine, ignoring Leita. He twirled the knife in his hand.

OoC: Stryder, I need to talk to you about removing pieces of Sanguine

“We must be greater than what we suffer.”
[Between the Worlds|A Light in the Dark|Empire of Darkness|Under the Red Sea]
Last Edited by Shrub; 02-26-2011 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Don't underestimate me.
View Posts: 14,040

Sanguine wheezed when the lad brought his foot down. Blood tinged the sides of his mouth, bubbling with the expulsion of his breath. He glared up with murder in his eyes.

"I wonder, how many pieces of you can I cut off before you'll die?"

Sanguine's face twisted venemously at his words, and then he saw his blade in the boys hands. "Why don't you try and find out, you little prick!" He spat at the boy, his blood-flecked spittle flying onto the boy's pants. Then, with his right hand pinned under the boy, he twisted his shoulder and slammed his left hand, open-palmed, into the boy's knee with as much strength as he could muster, aiming to snap the joint.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 AM
Tactician Keybearer

The strike thumped against Ren's knee, but it didn't budge. His joints were put together with material stronger than normal human bones and muscle. The joint didn't give. Ren sneered down at him, still twirling the knife in his hand. He adjusted his foot on Sanguine's hand to make sure all the fingers were exposed. He squatted down lower, his left elbow limply draped over his knee. He lifted the blade's tip to the man's face, lighting placing it just below his temple.

"The girl over there ... you know, the one you were cutting up for s***s and giggles seems to like this little show. Let's not disappoint her now, eh?" He slowly dragged the blade's tip down Sanguine's face, increasing the pressure to dig deeply in his flesh. Ren's grin spread, showing teeth.

He turned the knife and his attention back to the guy's hand. He took one of the fingers in his left hand and squeezed it sharply, crushing all the bones in his index finger. Then he took the knife to the joint and cut it clean off.

"Wow, this thing really is sharp ..." Ren mused after amputating the finger, holding the bloody weapon and appraising it.

Last Edited by Shrub; 03-14-2011 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Don't underestimate me.

Sanguine stared into the boy's eyes with furied rage in his own. He gritted his teeth and grunted as his own blade - his own blade! My blade! - sliced through the skin of his cheek like butter. The pain was thin and sharp, but it was nothing compared to the feeling throbbing through his body. His veins were aflame, pulsing and ragged.

"I am going to break you," he spat venemously, his eyes giving away his utter rage and hatred, red and bloodshot with the whore's poison even as blood dripped freely down his face from the fresh wound. He would break her too. He would kill them all, break every bone in their body, cut them until there was no blood left to spill. "What I was going to do to her is nothing compared to what I'll do to-" he gasped suddenly in pain again as the blade sliced into his finger, separating it from his hand.

"Wow, this thing really is sharp," the boy commented as Sanguine began to ventilate and twist in sheer agony, but it wasn't the blade that had caused such a reaction.

Sanguine bucked violently beneath the boy, his back cracking as his spine arced up and heaved wildly. The killer shrieked in pain, writhing on the floor, his cry echoing around the clearing. Then, just as abruptly, his convulsions stopped and he dropped to the floor - but it was not yet over. He cried out in sudden horror and stared down at his chest. "GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!!" He screamed, voice cracking with terror. He arched his back and howled, trying desperately to wrench free of the boy's weight.

He managed to rip a hand free and pulled at the neck of his shirt, ripping it in his fear. There, upon his bare chest, a series of large lumps underneath his skin moved and danced, stretching his skin and moving of their own accord. Even as he screamed in pain and terror, the lumps moved up his neck and into his face, distorting his features grotesquely. They travelled into his shoulders and down his arms, and his limbs began to thrash wildly. The crack of a bone snapping, the wrenching sound of a torn ligament, these could be heard even beneath the killer's shrieks.

The alien lumps moved down the skin of his arms and headed towards the open wound where his finger had been removed. Others gathered about the long slice on his face; they began pressing and pushing against the open wounds, and Sanguine showed the agony it caused him. It seemed as though something was trying to exit his body through the bloodied openings.
Last Edited by Stryder Aedernis; 05-04-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Storykeeper

Raniya stared at the fight between the two men. It wasn't very dramatic... not the kind of fight she'd want suitors fighting over her in. Just a lot of cutting and agony. Things were crawling around in Jerik's skin. It looked like they were going to rip him into pieces from inside.

"Boring!" Raniya cried, rolling her eyes. She strode across the grass and kicked at the bottom of the pale boy's back. Before her foot could connect, he suddenly rolled away from her, swiping upward with the infinitely sharp blade in his hand. It swished in front of her foot, missing her by less than an inch.

Lashing out in anger and frustration, Raniya stomped her foot down and shot the convulsing Jerik an evil glare. He was still going on about something getting off of him, or maybe the things crawling in his wounds. Her foot came up fast, striking him squarely in the rift in his face, where Dorrwr Miniog had cut him open. Blood gushed with her assault, and with a sickening retort, a ball of oily black popped out of his face and landed on the ground. Tendrils reached away from it, dragging it across the grassy ground.

"Gimme the knife, Snowflake," she told Ren, scowling at him now. "I want a turn."
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2011, 08:01 AM
Don't underestimate me.

Sanguine paid no heed to the actions of the others, for all his attention was vested in the glob of black which even now pulsated and quivered before his eyes. Sanguine had seen blood and gore, held brains and innards, handled the splattered remains of human matter that should never be revealed to the open air, and all without care or bother - but something about this black horror scraped at his mind like jagged nails down a chalkboard. It was wrong, an affront to existence itself, and his consciousness recognised this mass as something to fear and loathe. The mass shivered and stretched, tendrils and lines shooting out to haul itself away. And it grew. It expanded out as though with breath after breath, inhaling itself to greater sizes.

What monstrous nature existed within Sanguine paled before this terrible organism, and Jerik's own nature recoiled at the prospect of its reality. He tried to scramble back, crushing his severed finger and shoving it into the bloodied, sodden earth in his desperate attempts to be away from that grotesque abomination.
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Tactician Keybearer

Ren was quickly distracted, not just by the freak of a girl attacking him, but even after that, the man was freaking out and weird black stuff came out of him. He started at the mass with a wrinkled nose of disgust. There was no fear there. For Ren wondered if he could light the black crap on fire. It was gross, so for some reason fire was the first solution to Ren's mind. As it easily was when he was intensely irritated. Sadly, fire didn't seem to work on the girl.

Speaking of the ❤❤❤❤❤. "Gimme the knife, Snowflake. I want a turn."

Ren turned his head away from the black mass on the ground that the other man cowered away from. This was probably the weirdest f***ing situation he had ever been in. But again, he mostly found it extremely infuriating.

He twirled the knife in his hand and sneered at her with disdain and loathing. "If you want it so bad, why don't you just try to take it from me?"

He wanted to see what else she was made of.

"Ren, s-stop!"

Leita finally spoke. Tears drenched her cheeks. She couldn't handle all of this. Why did Ren have to do this? It wasn't like she wasn't aware of how violent Ren could be and generally was. But she hadn't seen him behave like this since back before he joined the rebellion. It scared her to see him like this again. She looked up at him through eyelashes dewy with tears. "Ren, p-please ... just stop. C-can't we leave now?"

"F***, Leita," snapped Ren, "Why don't you leave if you want to so badly? Go crying to your stupid brother."

"B-but Ren, you're hurt!" cried Leita with a squeak of distress in her voice.

"Shut up, I'm fine," growled Ren, though he did remember being stabbed by the bastard before. Oddly, however, he didn't feel any pain at all. Ren was trying mostly to keep his attention on the girl especially if she was gonna try to get the knife from him.

It didn't feel right to Leita. Ren, actually, didn't feel right to her. Not just in his actions, but his energy had changed when the man had attacked and stabbed him. Leita was certain those had been fatal wounds. Yet Ren still stood. But ... but that energy. It feel almost like the poor girl who lay in pieces next to them. Like some kind of necromancy. And then there was that blood she found in the device on Ren's heart. It scared her. What was happening to Ren? Would it be permanent? Was he ... dead?

Last Edited by Shrub; 01-22-2012 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2012, 10:07 PM

*waves*

Hey guys, I'm back to writing again as you may have seen me say so in the OOC.I don't know if you're all still interested in continuing this, but I have a post I'd written sometime ago that I'd like to post. If you are still interested, let me know.

(Also maybe the thread should be R-rated? XD)

IC:

Her eyes were wide with elation at the man's pain and a drool of bloody spit trickled down her battered lips as she stared. The screams – his wails of agony – excited her, made her as giddy as a schoolgirl doing things she knew were bad. The smell of smouldering flesh, the smell of fresh blood from newly rent flesh was intoxicating – she could feel the the sweet scent on her tongue and it tasted so good. It made her feel unbearably hot and insatiable somewhere deep inside, smothered and asphyxiated by need, and she moaned as what parts of her legs still worked rubbed against each other in a vain effort to ease her ecstatic agony.

It was lust she felt, lewd and primal – but it was a lust for blood, for carnage, for the sweet taste of fresh human entrails in her mouth, spilling blood all over her. Whether spurred by her grievous injuries or her utter hate for the man who did them to her, she was hungry. Ravenous. The carnal desire to tear the man apart and feast on him inch by inch down to the bare bones. As her blood clotted and congealed where he had cut her the scared little girl slowly died and the ghoul that she was beneath her ruined make-up took over. There was no emotion or ulterior motive behind her eyes now, just the desire to feed.

The man who'd hurt her, the man who tore her beautiful skin and made her cry – her meal – lay hurt and bleeding not that far from her. Blood stained the grass around him as he dragged a body just as ruined as hers away from the black monstrosity. But she seemed not to notice anything but her prey right now – her eyes were locked on Sanguine and she licked her lips as she imagined how good it would feel to bury her face in his innards and feed till she couldn't stomach any more, and then keep eating until she was sick.

Harley gave an almost feral growl that seemed too bestial for her petite frame, and pulled herself away roughly from Leita - the girl who had tried so hard to keep her safe. She was of no consequence to her now since she had fulfilled what insignificant part she had played in helping keep the man from her. Leita could very well be torn apart in the next instant and Harley would not so much as bat an eyelid.

She pushed herself onto her chest and began to crawl over towards him using her stumps for arms and her broken legs to propel her forwards, her movements punctuated by squelches as more blood gushed out of her numerous wounds. If that bothered her she didn't seem to show it and she continued slithering towards him leaving a trail of blood behind her like some kind of ravenous snail starved for blood. It was a motion utterly sickening and inhuman in its determination to reach her quarry and she kept at it despite the further damage she was doing to her body. Slowly but surely she made her way towards him faster than he could move away.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Storykeeper

What a bunch of drama. Too much drama, really. Not enough action. Oh hey – a finger. Raniya ignored Ren and his stupid friend for a minute, and instead walked over to Jerik like she owned the man. She kicked him for good measure, but he seemed a bit preoccupied with the crawling black terror on the ground. Yeah, sure, it was getting bigger, but it looked more like a runaway snack than an eldritch abominawhatthewhocares.

Raniya picked up Jerik's finger out of the muddy ground, and tossed in the direction of her sister. Waste not, want not. Or something. While she was over here, she looked at Audisce's severed limbs. They were twisted around each other and looked vaguely like a scythe. With the thick outer shell of demonic exoskeleton cut open like a crab leg, there was nothing keeping her muscles from being exposed. That too, why not?

Audisce, despite her condition, made time to spare a little indignation for her near constant companion. You're feeding me to the zombie? the demon asked, incredulous.

"Not you," Raniya said out loud. At that exact moment, she was in the middle of tossing the legs over to Harley. "Just the pieces you don't need anymore."

It felt almost like a silly chore, but it was a necessary one. She didn't even know if demonflesh could keep Harley sustained, but it's not like she could just leave her sister hanging there. Anyway, her part in it was done.

She looked at Ren. "Hey weren't we talking or something?" she asked, half-shouting at the pasty boy to get his attention. "Stop thinking about your friend with her clothes off and give me that knife." Raniya drew Audisce, whose regenerating blade was still less than one half restored. She was in the mood to dance.
Last Edited by Drammor; 04-02-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Tactician Keybearer

OoC: Just a side note, Cookie, I think Leita was already detached from Harley from before? Not 100% sure as I haven't gone back to check extensively. That aside, just a side note. Not really important. So I shall continue.

BiC: Ren turned to look at the ❤❤❤❤❤ from earlier. His nose and brow wrinkled with obvious disgust and disdain. Somehow, everything that came out of the stupid mouth of hers pissed him off. It sank in, rubbing his spine, sending bristles through him and make his shoulders rise like the hackles of an agitated cat.

"Hey, stupid ❤❤❤❤," retorted Ren. "I thought I told you to ❤❤❤❤ing take it from me if you want it so ❤❤❤❤in' bad."

Ren flipped the knife with his hand and caught it again. He looked over at her and her weird ass weapon. It had once looked like a scimitar, a popular weapon among the Gerudo. Trisa used two, as most Gerudos did. This girl's weapon was obviously made of more than steel, or, rather, it wasn't made of steel at all.

He made no move to pull out his other weapons. As far as he was concerned, he didn't need them to take this ❤❤❤❤❤ out. He just held the knife in his hand and waited. His head tilted back arrogantly, a toothy, wide sneer ripping through his lips, his red eyes staring her down. There was a bit of an animated insanity in his eyes, a light in that expression that filled it with a manic energy.

Leita cringed back away from the both of them, unable to seem to get to her feet, she shuffled backward. She knew that look on his face. There was no stopping Ren. She knew all she could do was not get in the way. But her eyes stayed on the both of them in fear. She didn't understand any of this. Why did they have to fight over a simple thing like a weapon? A piece of metal? For what?

Last Edited by Shrub; 04-30-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Don't underestimate me.

Sanguine stared, eyes wide with horror, as the black thing pulsed, inflated, began to breathe. He pushed himself further back with his heels digging into the earth, now sodden and moist with blood, his blood, his blood. But somehow he couldn't feel the anger of this as it was pushed down by the wretched loathing-

He grunted as a boot struck his chest and he hit the soil with a wet thwack, and his attention was momentarily thrown from the black goopy horror to the happenings surrounding him. His eyes flicked from face to face, fury distorting his bloodied face she was coming for him once again; they were arguing over HIS knife, his ❤❤❤❤ing KNIFE, and nobody touched his goddamned knife she was coming for him so he'd get it back and then they'd be sorry.

Then the sudden light of realisation dawned in the dark fury of his eyes, and they swivelled back to the first girl, the one who'd started this, the one he'd so badly wanted and been deprived of. She was heading straight for him. He was confused; she shouldn't have been able to move at all, he'd been methodically careful to ensure that - and yet there she was, dragging herself towards him with a look that Sanguine had seen in his reflection more times than he could remember: bloodlust.

He grinned lopsidedly, and then the grin turned into a twisted smile of fear, and he began to push himself away from her, the black horror forgotten for the moment. That grimacing smile was stuck on his face and he pushed himself back, even as she dragged herself forwards with an eery and terrifying speed, her mangled and bloodied limps smearing soil and blood about.
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2012, 09:14 PM

Harley's slithering towards Sanguine was interrupted by Raniya tossing her a small snack – so focused was she on her quarry that it took her several seconds to notice. In fact her reactions seemed rather sluggish and slow compared to earlier, almost as if she'd lost some of her cognitive ability. And in a way that was the case – only primal thoughts and desires coursed through her mind now, actions governed mostly by instinct.

The ghoul heaved herself at the severed finger and buried her face in the ground as she scooped up the ruined appendage, getting some of the still moist earth into her mouth as well and smudging her chin and lips with dirt in the process - she seemed almost like a rabid dog being tossed a slab of meat. She sat up slightly and gave a small moan of satisfaction as she chewed and swallowed the flesh, before spitting out dirt and a piece of bone with chunks of flesh still clinging to it.

Harley then turned her attention to the broken limbs of Audisce and folded herself back down to take chunks out of the exposed demonflesh. The taste however quickly proved to be less than agreeable with and after just a few bites she scrunched up her face in disgust and spat out what was in her mouth. Her snack gone but still feeling hungry she turned her attention back towards Sanguine who was now very aware of her intentions.

She moved surprisingly fast on her ruined limbs as she quickly covered the remaining distance between them – he hadn't really managed to get that much further away from her. The ghastly display would probably have been rather sickening for a normal person to watch. She crawled over him and slowly dragged her battered body along his in serpentine motions as she drew herself up. It was almost erotic in some deeply disturbing and utterly twisted way. The smell of his pooling blood and the gash Raniya had so thoughtfully rent in his gut earlier were all too inviting.

Harley smiled wickedly down at him for a moment before burying her face in his abdomen and tearing viciously at the already sundered flesh. With teeth alone she pried into the gash where Audisce had torn through the tough muscle and eagerly spread the flesh further as she made her way deeper. It wasn't long before she found the warmth of his entrails and began to hungrily tear away bloody chunks and feast on the tender goodness. The gurgling and tearing sounds accompanying her feeding were complemented by soft moans of satisfaction as she finally began to satiate her ravenous hunger. Most of her face quickly became smeared with fresh blood, more of it flowing down her neck and soaking her clothes red.
1 person liked this post: Batrachius
  #35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2013, 03:19 PM
Storykeeper

Raniya tilted forward, her left foot raised off the ground as she dashed toward the other warrior. She hefted Audisce in her hands, bringing the demon sword low. When she closed the gap, she would thrust for his neck, feinting the intent to puncture it with the sharp yet incomplete point of one of her sword's legs, and pull back when he inevitably cut her off with the dagger.

Stop. The white-eyed girl faltered, stumbling over her own feet as she came to a halt, with the shock evident on her face. Had Audisce, her own sword, just commanded her? It was wrong in every way. She had stopped more than ten feet away from the other warrior, who was still at the ready. Weapons didn't command their wielders. It just didn't work that way.

If the sword had sensed Raniya's indignation, she showed no signs of it. Instead, she warned her wielder with a mental voice that felt like hot needles dragging through the inside of her skull, He's coming.

"No, he's not!" Raniya cried furiously. "He's just standing there, waiting to get his guts strung out!" She had stopped in the middle of the park to have an argument with, what was for all outward appearances, herself.

Not the half-dragon, Audisce told her, her mental voice turning cold with an emotion that Raniya could not understand. The Anima.

Raniya's eyes widened with reverence. He was coming. She shifted her grip on Audisce's handle, finally starting to take her opponent seriously. Devastating energy, thin and poisonous, crackled as it poured out from her hands and enveloped her blade. Her stance changed, adopting the Legion style. She would not allow Him to see her flailing against an enemy. She would put His gifts to use, and show Him that she was worthy of being His Champion.

But it seemed like fate had conspired against her. No, Audisce's telepathic voice warned her. You're too impatient to notice, but I can smell it. The half-dragon is one of His experiments. He'll be upset if he sees you breaking it. Use diplomacy, instead. Raniya's lips twisted themselves into a sneer at the thought. The smell is young, the demon told her. Younger than yours.

Finally, Raniya blinked, reality striking her. She knew what that meant. Audisce had known Omentus longer than Raniya had. She had come to the right place, but Harley didn't know her yet. Omentus hadn't met her yet. And worse, she couldn't kill the pale boy. He wasn't a half-dragon warrior, he was the half-dragon. His half-dragon. She drew a deep breath, gritting her teeth together.

"We're wasting our time," she said, forcing herself to say the words and doing her best to sound sincere. "We're not even really enemies, and--" she cut herself off, screwing up her face with disgust. A mental prod from Audisce made her continue. "And I'm sorry I called your mother ugly," she said, sounding defeated, perhaps even regretful. "You can keep the knife for now, but my sister wants to see it soon, if you wouldn't mind."
Last Edited by Drammor; 05-31-2013 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2013, 10:07 PM
Tactician Keybearer

Ren had been content to just stand there, watching the girl run toward him. So fire didn't work on her. Maybe sharp things would. However, she stopped in the middle of her attack suddenly. Ren stared, brow furrowing with confusion. Sure, he could have attacked her during her pause, but what fun was that? What the hell was the matter with her? Ren wanted a good fight out of this. Not to stab her when she wasn't ready to give him a good fight.

"No, he's not!" she cried furiously. "He's just standing there, waiting to get his guts strung out!"

Ren's brow raised. What the ❤❤❤❤ was with this girl? It wasn't like he didn't already know she was completely ❤❤❤❤ing insane. She looked like a freak. But now she was arguing with herself. Great. This wasn't going to be much of a fight if she couldn't hold it together along enough. He would get bored, and then it wouldn't matter if she was ready or not. He would just kill her.

But then her eyes widened with a strange awe. Her focus seemed else where than the moment. Whatever. Ren didn't really care what was going on inside her head. Then her stance changed. Energy crackled around her weapon. Ren smirked, still standing there, relaxed and ready. It looked like she was getting serious. Good.

But then she blinked and stopped. Ren was just about out of patience for this ❤❤❤❤. He was just going to kill her and be done with it.

"We're wasting our time," she said. The stiffness to her voice didn't really convince him of that. Ren's brow quirked up again while the other went down and his mouth opened in vague disgust. What the hell?

"We're not even really enemies, and--" she cut herself off, screwing up her face with disgust. "And I'm sorry I called your mother ugly," she said, sounding defeated, perhaps even regretful. "You can keep the knife for now, but my sister wants to see it soon, if you wouldn't mind."

Ren's red glare narrowed, his brow becoming level but hardened just the same. Disgust still on his face. What the hell? Not even enemies? Ren wasn't stupid. He didn't have to be a genius to know this wasn't really because she didn't want to fight him. There was something else that was making her hold back. But ... all the same.

It pissed him off. Something about this girl always did.

It pissed him off she was calling it quits, like she had the choice, the power to decide she didn't have to fight him if she didn't want to. It pissed him off that she apologized about the comment about his mother. Like he really cared about that. Ren had heard all kinds of insults. Insulting his mother usually didn't really affect him ... normally. After all, it wasn't like this girl even knew a damn thing about him or his mother. It was just trash talk. So normally that kind of thing didn't get under his skin. It pissed him off that she was able to get under his skin with that kind of cheap and stupid trash talk. It pissed him off that she was suddenly being diplomatic.

Ren shifted his stance, anger hot in his blood red eyes as he stomped over to her. "I don't ❤❤❤❤ing care. What if I decided we're enemies?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leita had been staring in defeated horror as the girl and Ren had seemingly started to engage in combat. However, the girl stopped and spoke to herself. Then it seemed she was preparing to fight again. And then she was apologizing, saying Ren wasn't her enemy. Leita's head was spinning. What was going on here?

However, her watery green eyes caught the undead girl and the psychotic man from before. The undead girl had appeared to crawl over to the man and start ... eating him. Leita's pupils shrunk to pin points in her irises and her complexion paled as her shoulders curled in on her. Terror and horror froze her.

#37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2013, 10:37 PM
Storykeeper

"It still wouldn't be up to me," Raniya answered immediately. There was something about the half-dragon that bothered her, but it certainly wasn't in any bad way. As much as she wanted to tear him apart, there was another part of her that wanted nothing like that from him. "We could fight about it later, if you want, but the--" her voice stopped, half cutting off and half trailing off as she suddenly looked away from Ren, over toward his friend. Reverence dawned on her face as she changed the end of her sentence, "--Anima is here."

The red leather of an old cloak slid into Leita's line of sight. Its owner, who was kneeling down beside her, wore a pleasant smile on his face. Despite this not everything was quite right about him, as his teal, cat-like eyes flashed golden in the lighting of a nearby lamppost. His voice was smooth and genial, and he seemed very much like an old gentleman, eerie eyes notwithstanding. "I don't think sights like that will be quite right for you," he said. There was a hypnotic, attention-catching quality in his voice. He had intentionally cut off her view of the ghoul, and was doing his best to get her to snap gently out of her terrors. From his hip pack, he produced a chunk of dark chocolate. It was made with a special milk, which contained a very low dose of beli, his sedating drug, and extracted qualities of the dead god Eredaigh's divinity, specifically the qualities that protected people and instilled in them feelings of safety.

"Try this," he said, speaking very gently. He did his best not to spook her. "It will help take your mind off of it." Again, he treated her delicately, not wanting to refer to the ghastly sight directly.
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Tactician Keybearer

Leita's hands had curled and pressed against her chest with anxiety. Her view of the horrid scene was suddenly obscured by a red leather cloak. But she still stared ahead at first, pupils still small and eyes still wide and terrified, tears starting to dew up in them. Her breathing coming up sharp and shallow in her chest. It was his voice that drew her wide gaze up to see him. The strange looking man, but his voice drew her in. It took her a moment to really hear what he was saying. Her lips pressed together anxiously.

Then he offered her a piece of dark chocolate. She merely stared at it as first. She ... didn't really know what was happening anymore. But his voice, his gentle manner. She wanted to believe everything would be okay. Tears started to spill out from her eyes, down her cheeks as she stared up at him. Leita didn't ... want to see these horrible things anymore. He said it would help take her mind off it. She reached out with a shaky, tremulous hand and took the chocolate. She just held it for a moment, staring at him, crying silently and then she brought it up to her mouth and took a bite, eyes staring downward.

It was good, soothing. Leita chewed, tears still sliding out and down her face. Slowly a feeling of peace began to steal over her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It still wouldn't be up to me," Raniya answered immediately. Ren's forehead stayed wrinkled, creased, his eyebrows knitted hard with his anger. He really barely heard anything she said at all. "We could fight about it later, if you want, but the--" her voice stopped, half cutting off and half trailing off as she suddenly looked away from Ren, over toward his friend. Reverence dawned on her face as she changed the end of her sentence, "--Anima is here."

Ren looked over where she did and saw him. It was the guy. The guy he saw after he woke up in the drow base. It was Omentus Anima. He was kneeling close to Leita, giving her something, speaking to her, but Ren didn't really care. It was Omentus. The guy who had given him ... well, quite a lot when Ren thought about it. But it wasn't like Ren had asked for any of it. Sure, he appreciated it, but Omentus had really done many things without asking Ren directly for permission. But really, it was almost like Omentus was ghost. Gone before Ren had really had a chance to talk to him. Not that he knew what he would say. What was there to say? Maybe, what the hell did you put in me? That was mostly for curiosity. Rontu, Kira, and Leita were all very concerned about it. Ren wasn't really. After all, nothing Omentus had done had really caused Ren trouble or harm.

"You!" Ren said suddenly at Omentus, his brow furrowing in confusion but still looking angry at the same time, but that was mostly because of Raniya. It was mostly surprising to see the ghost man there all of a sudden. No longer smoke that slipped through the hands. Then he looked over at the girl. "You know this guy?"

Last Edited by Shrub; 06-23-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2013, 11:57 PM
Storykeeper

Omentus waited, watching Leita's expression until her eyelids drooped. At that time, he felt safe in transporting her away, and began to scoop her up when he looked up at Ren. "I'm taking her to my loft," he said with all assertion in his voice. He came to a stand, holding the silver-haired girl in both arms. "I won't be long, so wait here until I return. Keep the others from dying, the ghoul included. When I come back, it's the ghoul first, and then I'm patching up your wounds." He glanced down at Leita, making sure that she had lapsed into sedation from the chocolate before speaking further. "I don't know what caused it, but you suffered a fatal injury before I arrived. You're dead now, and I need to patch you up to make sure no damage was done." His instructions concluded, he turned and left as quickly as he came.

Raniya just watched him. She was always fascinated by his medical nature. He was so much more than people were, but he still cared for them. She realized the half-dragon had been talking to him, and kicked herself to answer him. "Yeah," she said, still more than a little awed by Omentus' appearance. "He... he's the only thing right about my life. Your blood spider was one of the prototypes to the device that gave me my powers... he told me all about you."
Last Edited by Drammor; 06-24-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Tactician Keybearer

"I'm taking her to my loft," Omentus said with all assertion in his voice. He came to a stand, holding the silver-haired girl in both arms.

Hm. Rontu and Khaz probably wouldn't like that. But Ren didn't see the problem. Again, it only seemed like Omentus was trying to help. Ren really doubted he would do anything to Leita.

"I won't be long, so wait here until I return. Keep the others from dying, the ghoul included. When I come back, it's the ghoul first, and then I'm patching up your wounds." Omentus glanced down at Leita, before speaking further. "I don't know what caused it, but you suffered a fatal injury before I arrived. You're dead now, and I need to patch you up to make sure no damage was done."

Ren's brow furrowed deeper, a look of utter confusion cross his features. What? Dead? Ren did remember getting stabbed by the psychotic freak guy. Yeah, it hurt, but now that he thought about it. There wasn't any pain. Not anymore. It was just gone. His confusion was mixed with thoughts, the wheels turning in his head. What? No, he couldn't be dead. He was still moving ...

Omentus had left Ren in his confusion. Ren had almost forgotten he had asked the girl if she knew him. Then she spoke, reminding him.

"Yeah," she said, sounded almost breathless, completely awed, like the ground Omentus walked on was some kind of holy ground. "He... he's the only thing right about my life. Your blood spider was one of the prototypes to the device that gave me my powers... he told me all about you."

Ren's head turned, brow still furrowed, confusion and an incredulous look covering his features. Blood spider? Device? It gave her her powers? Most importantly ... this girl knew all about him? What did that even mean?

"... What?"

Last Edited by Shrub; 06-24-2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote