Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-29-2010, 11:47 AM
For those about to write, we salute you.
View Posts: 149
Lost and Still Searching [Haagar212, Ryorinin-san]

OoC: Continuing from "Help Wanted". Going back to the first sighting of the Princess on the Island. The Captain never found them and, after searching for hours, decided to leave in search of new crew mates. The princess, though named Moe, is indeed a girl. New characters are welcome through PM, please.

BiC:
The forest was quiet. The tall man in the brown coat was still hovering over the young girl that lay in front of them, checking to make sure she still breathed. She stirred. Her green eyes fluttering open in alarm.

"Where are they?"

That wasn't the question Orty had expected. Where was she, perhaps. But they? Suddenly the silence wasn't such a friendly thing. Orty felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end.

"Are you Princess Moe?" he asked.

She ignored his question, her frightened stare bouncing from each person that stood around her. "You should not have come."
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Come and get it!
View Posts: 1,801
Re: Lost and Still Searching [Haagar212, Ryorinin-san]

"Oh? And why's that, ma'am?" I asked, concerned for her health. Than the bushes started moving around us, and primitive war crys sounded. A net flew from one of the bushes and trapped Orty and I, along with the princess. On instinct, I drew my sword and tried to hack at the net, but all I heard was the clang of metal hitting metal. Soon, they were carrying us away, and to their camp. I also noticed that these people weren't as primitive as I had thought.

#3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-01-2010, 03:11 PM

The noise was frightening. Orty had been strapped by his wrists and ankles to a very uncomfortable pole. He could feel splinters digging in with each step his captors took. Ahead of him, the tall, brown coated man was being marched on foot, hands bound behind him, while three men held him on each of his arms and around his neck. Another man held the sword he had pulled out in defense.

Behind Orty, the princess was likewise hanging from a horizontal pole. Her eyes were wide in fear, but not surprise. He looked around, but it was only the three of them.

Where had Doyle gone?

He must have escaped, Orty concluded. Snuck away in the ambush. And a good thing too, at least it shed a little hope in being rescued... if he decided to come anyway. Orty frowned, he didn't like his chances. He could feel Louie quaking on his head, pulling at his hair and trying to keep the hat, his hiding place, from falling down.

They reached a campsite, where even more members of their tribe turned to watch the march toward several very narrow cages.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-02-2010, 01:21 PM
Ryorinin-san Ryorinin-san is a female United States Ryorinin-san is offline
Dark Queen of Huggles
Send a message via AIM to Ryorinin-san
View Posts: 2,026

Doyle had smelled the natives surrounding the girl and tried to warn the other two away, but they had run into the trap anyway. He followed them stealthily back to the camp, watching them tied, waiting for his chance as he surveyed the layout of the camp. He would not leave them to die over a lack of caution, but hoped they would learn from the experience.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Come and get it!

Being led on my feet was a mistake on their part. All I had was thin chains on my hands, which I could break easily. I was contemplating on whether or not to break them when Orty and I were led into cages. Orty and the princess in one, me in the other. Thick metal on my cage, but not so strong hinges. I almost smirked. They left the chains on my hands, and locked the cages. "Orty, they aren't assmart as they seem." I called across to the young man's cage.

Soon, an adult with a headress and an air of power and arrogance came up to my cage and spoke to me in broken Hylian. "You no be here! You ruin day! You soon die!" He screamed at me, red in the face. This time I did smirk. And laugh. The chiftain grew redder than I thought possible. He yelled out to the other indians. I understood. He had screamed, "Bring death bull!" By this time I was almost on the ground in a laughing fit. If this man knew about what I really was, the defenses against me wouldn't be so weak.

The chieftain smiled at me, as thogh he knew that I wouldn't last very long. "You come, or they die." He pointed to Orty and Moe. They unlocked my cage, and led me out into a huge coral, and the cage in which Orty and Moe were in was moved to the side of the ring. A native spoke to them. "Man insult chief. He not last long, and you will watch."

OoC: I could go on, but I feel that if I don't let you have some input, I might be hated.

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2010, 04:26 PM

OoC: Ha! No, this is good! Go as long as you like. The thing that went wrong last time did so because we kept having to delete and conform. I'll work with whatever you throw at me.

BiC: Orty and Princess Moe watched from inside their cage as the tall man in the brown coat entered the ring, still bound and being led by the natives. Commotion stirred at the other end of the coral. On the other side of the wall, a bull was bucking. The men stood around it's pen, poking it, jabbing it, making it angry.

"You've got to do something!" cried the princess.

"Me? How can I do anything? I'm trapped same as you."

The princess huffed, "Well someone needs to do something. Can't you get us out of here?"

Orty glanced at her, annoyed. She was apparently too used to being rescued by people who had plans up their sleeves. "I know a few magic tricks," he admitted. "But I'm not sure any of them will help us out right now. My best spell is levitation, and I can't do it on people yet."

The princess gave him a derisive look. "You realize this cage is portable, right?"

Orty did a double take, he hadn't thought of that, even when the natives had moved their cage out to the coral. He thought for a moment. "Okay, so I could probably fly us out of here if I concentrated enough... but how does that help him?"

The two looked back down into the coral area. They were just about to let the bull in. Further back, hidden in the bushes, two eyes glinted back at him. He couldn't tell if they were human or animal, but something about them seemed friendly... The eyes turned down, looking at the man waiting for the bull.

The princess said suddenly, "than man down there can't take on all of them. Even if he could take on the bull, all those natives would be back on him in a moment. Do you know his status?"

"His what?"

"Is he mortal?"

"Oh uh.."

"Human? Magical? Animal? ...Something! Anything that can give us an advantage?"

Orty frowned. "I have no idea. I don't even know his name."

The princess fumed, her pale cheeks coloring in frustration. "We need a plan... we need a distraction."

Orty beamed at this, how had it not occurred to him before? "What if we made the trees talk? These guys are superstitious, I'll bet. The man down there said they weren't too bright either."

"Do it."
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Come and get it!

OoC: Alright.

BiC: Through the corner of my eye, I saw Moe and Orty talking to each other as if they were formulating a plan, and one of the natives were listening in and stuck in a spear, pointing it at Orty. I believe he got the point. I turned my attention back to the bull on the other side of the corall. The bull was very angry now, his long horns scratching against the fence. I was untied, and thrown in the ring. The bull was let out of the cage, and rampaged around the ring, until it saw me. It pawed at the ground, and charged.........

When it was close, I put myself in a ready stance. When it almost hit me, I jumped to the side and grabbed one of the bulls horns, and just as I got on, my arm popped out of its socket, showing the metal of the joint. I cursed and turned the bull around by the horns. I started it at full charge into the coral wall, and broke through next to the cage.

"Move away from the cage door." I said to Orty and Moe. When they did so, I kicked the door and it fell inward. "Hop on." I said, offering the arm that was still in it's socket.

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2010, 01:49 AM

"Do it" she said. A man standing guard poked his spear in to silence them.

Orty watched the rapid scene unfold. Before even half a minute had passed, the man in the brown coat was up on the bull and riding strait for their cage. Several natives jumped out of the way and Orty had a clear view of the man... and his dismembered joint. He yelled for them to move and kicked open the door. Orty and the princess hopped onto the bull after him. Orty stared at the arm that still clung, rather uselessly, and somewhat comically, to the other bull horn. Wires and metal parts were exposed The man was a cyborg! Or a robot! Or... something mechanical anyway.

The natives swarmed, trying to gain control. Orty concentrated on the trees around them, and suddenly sound filled the camp. The loud rush of "Bat Country" rang from the trees as if they actually held instruments. The princess pressed her face into Orty's back, wanting to cover her ears but needing to hold on. The natives, however, threw down their spears and clutched at their ears and moved away from the trees. Their path was made clear.

OoC: Bat Country by Avenged Sevenfold, if unfamiliar you can youtube it.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

OoC: geez, I'd like to help a little somehow, guys! Wait for meeeeeeeee!

IC: Doyle watched the trio making their getaway. As they fled on the back of the charging bull, Doyle nearly laughed. He transformed into his giant wolf form, and leapt out as the atrocious music boxed his ears.

Did this mechanized man not know that an enraged bull will BUCK to dislodge the weight of a rider?! He didn't want to risk the children getting hurt before they could bail off the beast in relative safety. He had to give the bull a larger problem to worry about. A huge predator was just the ticket in his mind. Rruuv bowled over a large number of the cowering savages as he bolted after the beast. The wolf nipped at the heels of the terrified bovine, herding it through the woods back toward the beach.

As they broke through the trees, the wolf broke off pursuit, disappearing back into the trees he shouted, "Relax and jump off in the dunes or the ocean!" Once he was safely out of sight, he transformed again into Doyle and came back onto the beach, running after them. As he caught up to the bull he shouted at them. "Bail off before it bucks you off! Orty, you and your friend jump for me!"
Last Edited by Ryorinin-san; 11-05-2010 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-05-2010, 02:40 PM

OoC: You're doing just fine! That was exactly what the escape needed

BiC:
The massive wolf had been enough to frighten the bull. It seemed to forget we were there and charged through the trees. The wolf followed closely and disappeared just before the tree line. Orty swore he heard the wolf talk.

"Bail off before it bucks you off! Orty, you and your friend jump for me!" Doyle was running out from the trees after them.

When Doyle was close enough, and his speed was indeed surprising, Orty helped the princess to turn sideways and jump. He didn't look to see if she'd been caught, instead he tugged on the brown jacket of the man in front of him. "We need to jump!"

Without another thought, Orty clumsily jumped off from the bull, falling face first in the loose, damp sand. He sat up and brushed himself off. "Louie?" His mouse emerged from under his hat, to which he'd been clinging for dear life. He was shaky and pale, but uninjured. Orty looked back up to the man still riding the bull.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Come and get it!

So my suspicions about the man were correct. I wasn't about to voice them aloud. "Well, it seems I have a little explaining to do." My cover as a regular man was blown, and It would take hours to explain who......... or rather, what I was.

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2010, 10:28 PM

Ooc: Um.. when did CAN get off the bull...? Not much action to work from here. Lol, whatev, I'll just sum up, hope you don't mind.

BiC:

The man in the brown coat had been able to jump off the bull effortlessly as soon as Orty and the Princess were safely on the ground and his... arm was off the horn. Orty watched him come toward their small group in the sand. The bull continued to run down the length of the beach and out of sight.

He announced that he had some explaining to do, and that was for certain! His arm had come off!

"Alright," Orty responded. "Explain? I don't even know your name, mister. ....Are you a robot?"

The princess scowled at Orty. "I think the correct term is cyborg." She turned back toward the towering man. "Isn't that correct? You couldn't be ALL machine, could you?"
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Dark Queen of Huggles

Doyle caught the girl effortlessly, sliding to a stop beside Orty. "Are you alright?" The boy nodded as the large man set the girl down. They watched the other man vault off the bull, leaving one arm behind.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-20-2010, 02:05 PM
Come and get it!

OoC: I took the arm with me. And sorry, I just felt I needed input when I didn't have an idea at the time.

BiC:"Very observant, Miss Moe.I am definitely not all robot. I have a few brains in my cranial cavity. Which leads me to believe that you are not from this time period, Miss Moe. I shall not ask any questions now, but We will discuss it later." I took a deep breath, filling my synthetic lungs.

"What you see is really an arm, my arm, but not flesh and blood. I am, indeed, mostly robotic. This will take me a few hours to reattach. And while I have you all here, my alias on this world is Elias, but my make is Covert Assassin Number 6502. I would prefer you called me by my alias."

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2010, 11:22 AM

Moe gave a smug smile to show she enjoyed being right, but she gave no idication of Elias' accusation to be correct.

Orty just stared in wonder. An assasin robot? How COOL! He turned his eyes away, trying not to be rude by staring.

"Elias. Cool name." he said simply, and not with the wild excitement he felt.

Something else occured to Moe, she wiped off her smug grin and turned to Doyle. "And you aren't what you appear to be, either, aren't you? You kept up with that charging bull... and I think I saw a wolf running beside us just before we emerged from the jungle."
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

Doyle regarded the girl for a long moment. How much should he divulge? He barely knew them, and though he had presented no reason to be distrusted, nor had they, trust was not a thing to be given lightly in his position. "I have the ability to perform such feats through magic, though I am human. The wolf is my ally. His name is Rruuv. You can trust him as you would me, should you ever see him again." It was completely true so far as it went. They had no need to know he and Rruuv were one and the same.

Then he looked at the mechanical man. "That explains a lot. Well met, Elias."
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Come and get it!

"To you as well, Doyle." I looked at each of my companions, Moe being smug, Orty trying his hardest to hide his excitement and wonder at my being a robot, and Dole looked passive.

"If it doesn't disturb you to much, I'm going to reattach my arm." I said, sitting on a rock and emptying my pouch at my side, getting all the tools I needed, and set off to work.

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

Doyle looked down at the mechanical man. "Do you really think that the best idea? We left a trail for the natives to follow a mile wide, and I doubt they are less inclined to be angry with us after that show you put on. I expect they will be after us once the chief and elders get them sorted again. This time I do not expect them to bother with bringing us home for supper."

"You yourself stated repairs could take hours." He looked at Orty and Moe, then back to Elias. "Unless the job will be harder with greater delay, as would reattaching flesh, I think it more imperitive to find shelter for the night. One that is preferably of a hidden, or at least easily defensible nature. Then, you can focus on repairs with less danger of interruption, and we can discuss a strategy for escaping this island and being on our way."
Last Edited by Ryorinin-san; 11-27-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Come and get it!

"I wasn't thinking straight. Losing a limb activates the self preservation mode, and it sometimes beats the protective program built in me. I'm glad I have human companions. While I was running through the forest earlier, I noticed a abandoned cave. That is concealed and defensible, in most ways." I gathered up the tools strewn acrossed the rock and put them in my pouch, and strapped my right arm acroosed my back, hoping we didn't run into anything big.

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2010, 06:18 PM

Orty and Moe hopped back up, eager to be off. "Alright," said Orty. "So even after all that running, do you still remember which direction it's in?"

"Of course he does, he's probably got a gps or tracking dev..." Moe closed her mouth abruptly, avoiding curious glances. She deflected them with a snapped correction. "I mean, he's probably clever enough to remember."

Louie peaked a tiny nose from under the brim of Orty's hat. "If I could interject something here, those nasty smelling humans are getting closer. I can hear them. I don't know about you, but I'd like to remain in one piece, no offense. I suggest we run."