Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-19-2010, 11:19 PM
ZeldaVeteran ZeldaVeteran is a male United States ZeldaVeteran is offline
Kokiri
View Posts: 79
The Gossip Isle Expedition: Setting Sail!

The sun was high in the Hyrulian sky, and the hustle and bustle of the Town Square was as it usually was. People of all races pushed and shoved past one another. Many kiosks were set up, some selling fresh fruit, others offering quality armor and weapons. Many games were set up urging people to test their luck, and to put their money where their mouth was. The dull roar eventually became more of a background noise than a distraction. Among the kiosks however, there was one big poorly written poster that was plastered to a sign post near the east exit.

Quote:
HELP WANTED

ADVENTERURS NEEDED FOR GOSSIP ISLE EXPEDISSION! GOLD AND RITCHES AWAIT THE WILLING. DANGER MINIMUL. JOIN AT YUR OWN RISK! GLORIE AND FAIM LAY AT THE END OF THE ROAD FOR THOES WILLING TO CHANTS THEYR LUCK!
Only one lonely soul sat under the sign. It looked to be a Zoran bum. He was garbed only in a pair of dirty looking pants and a pair of worn boots. He had a sword and a shield on his back, and two pairs of earrings in his head fins. He looked up at everyone who passed by, and hung his head when they paid him no heed. He desperately needed a crew for this expedition, but nobody seemed to be willing to join him. He sighed heavily at the thought of going it alone. He knew that the chances of running into someone who would be brave enough to join would be right here in North Castle. After all, this is where the most people collaborated. He turned his head up to the sky and prayed silently for just one person. Just one so that he didn't look like a fool sitting here by himself.

OOC: This thing is open to everyone!
This will be join-able until Friday, or until I feel like we have enough people.
Last Edited by ZeldaVeteran; 09-28-2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2010, 02:56 PM
For those about to write, we salute you.
View Posts: 149
Re: HELP WANTED: GOSSIP ISLE EXPEDITION (open RP/all invited)

OoC: Hooray! First to join! I know a kid isn't what he had in mind... but that makes it all the more fun. Hee hee.

BiC:
Feeling very out of place, Orty, a young boy of eleven, wandered down the streets of North Castle. In the months he'd been away from home, he'd come farther and farther out of his comfort zone. He felt oddly dressed in his father's old suit coat and top hat, a modern magician's outfit, next to men who wore boots and cloaks, and carried swords.

“Wouldn't it be so cool to carry a sword?” he remarked to his mouse friend, Louie, who sat perched on his shoulder.

“If you could lift one, perhaps. But even then, I would caution against it,” Louie was always too cautious. “You'd best stick with your magic.”

Orty scowled, “But it's been months and I have only been able to work on levitation and visual illusions, and I can't even do those directly to a person yet.” He watched a few men spare in a square, roped off against a crowd that was tossing in their money to bet on their contestant. Money here was strange, people bartered with colored stones, like the one's his mother wore around her neck, as if they were nickles and dimes. Orty put a hand to his empty stomach as he felt it rumble. “At least if I knew how to fight like that, we wouldn't be so hungry all the time.”

“What we need is to find you a job,” Louie said, as if it were a matter of fact.

A sign, looking to have been written by an illiterate second grader, caught Orty's eye. “Or... we could just go get some money right now.”

Louie groaned as loud as a mouse could, “Oh, not again Orty. The last time, you got in trouble with some thugs pretty nasty. The time before that, we took off on a dragon that I'm positive wanted to eat me!”

“Oh, come on,” Orty said as he walked closer to the sign. “Where's your sense of adventure?”

“It's back in my hole, near the Wall of the last corner of Modern Earth.”

“You're so funny,” sarcasm was a new flavor for Orty, and he was enjoying it. “Let's just read- whoa! Sorry, sir, I...” Orty stammered as he tried to apologize for stepping on a half-bare man who sat beneath the sign.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Come and get it!
View Posts: 1,902

OoC: Second one in. You'll have to excuse me, I haven't RP'd with C.A.N. in a while, but that's what popped out at me when I read through this.

BiC: Walking through the busy streets of North Castle town in the dimension of Hyrule with my brown cloak flapping brought back memories. This dimension, In truth, was my favorite in all that I had visited. I walked through the main market, a handful a rupees in my pouch. I looked at all the different signs and kiosks, but only one popped out at me. Something called Gossip Isle. What really drew my attention was Zora sitting under the sign, his eyes closed in what seemed to be prayer.

Then something particularly hilarious happened. A child, seeming to talk to the mouse on his shoulder, wasn't looking where he was going and tripped over the Zora. But, odder yet, the child wore a modern magicians outfit, one used in the year, say, around the 2010's. Laughing and curious, I moved closer and helped the boy to his feet.

"Well there, youngster, you better be more careful and start watching where you are going, and learn how to talk to that mouse of yours while looking."

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2010, 08:22 PM

OoC: Thanks, Haagar212 for telling me he's a zora... I searched and couldn't find his character, so I had no idea what he looked like, other than he's half naked with a sword and shield. lol.

BiC:
Orty hit the street hard, wishing he knew how to make himself levitate. His freckled cheeks reddened when he discovered that the Zora hadn't been his only witness. A man with dark hair and Christmas colored eyes helped him up from the ground. Orty picked up his top hat, dusted it off, and plopped it back on, letting it tilt back so he could see.

Once he'd managed to look away from the strange eyes, Orty found himself relieved that the man wore a normal looking pair of jeans and a tee-shirt. At least he wasn't the only one in North Castle with modern garb.

"Thanks," he said, a little bashfully. He knew how small he looked, and falling only made him look younger. Orty was eager to be older, to be able to fight, to be able to defend himself. He looked at the young man in front of him, and envied him wildly. He stuck out a hand as if to prove his own boldness, “I'm Orty.”

The Zora groaned, waking up. Orty vaguely wondered how long he'd been sitting there.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2010, 08:36 PM
Kokiri

Taint's eyes shot open at the sudden contact. The Zora almost thought that he'd had an interested warrior. When the boy came into a fixed view, Taint made a twisted sour face at the sky. The Goddesses were mocking him, and he knew whenever they were. I ask for a hero. A common warrior even! And you sent me someone even smaller than me! He thought as he scowled at the clouds. Another helped him up, presumably his father. However, something was off about the new stranger... His movements seemed... Somehow not human. The Zora digressed and stood up brushing himself off. He cleared his throat and made an excited face. "How would you like to go on an adventure to a mysterious island? There's treasure there! Treasure I tell you! It's just sitting inside that island waiting for someone to come and claim it!" He waved his hands around and did a little jig before continuing. "I'll split it evenly with anyone who helps me attain it! I just need your help! That's right sir, you! He pointed to nobody in particular.

"So whaddaya say? Join my crew, and set out for adventure?" The speech was obviously rehearsed, and the Zora seemed awful proud of how he pulled it off flawlessly. "Heh! And I aint never been to advertisin' school'r nothin!" He smiled widely at his new possible crew mates. "Questions? Hit me! I got a map!" He removed a rolled up piece of worn parchment from his pants and pointed at it with a jolly laugh. "There's treasure there! I just know it!"

OOC: That's two people already! If we can make it to 4 before Friday, I'll throw in a special NPC for y'all.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-20-2010, 08:56 PM

Orty eyed the man warily, if he'd been willing to let his nerves get to him, he would have taken a few steps back out of caution. The Zora sounded like one of those annoying car salesmen that always came on in between his father's sci-fi channel movies. He wasn't so sure this guy was for real. He looked back up to the dark haired man who'd been interrupted when Orty'd introduced himself. He appeared to be just as stunned as the boy was. He looked back to the Zora, who was pulling out an old map. "There's treasure there! I just know it!" he said.

Orty's ears caught the word treasure, and a bit belatedly understood what the man was ranting about. He was talking about the poorly written sign he now stood in front of. The way to a full stomach was becoming clear now. "Treasure?" Orty smiled, dimples emerging from his round cheeks.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Come and get it!

OoC: Your welcome, SS. By the way, I'm wearing a brown cloak. And ZV, I may bring in another character later on.

BiC:"Well, I really don't need any money right now, but I am looking for an adventure. I'm in." The young man named Orty was going to be in the history books, but just doesn't know it yet. Of course, I can't tell him that, or he will more than likely change history. "Well, What is your name, Zora?" The speech he had given was definitely rehearsed more than a few times, but it was good all the same.

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Ryorinin-san Ryorinin-san is a female United States Ryorinin-san is offline
Dark Queen of Huggles
Send a message via AIM to Ryorinin-san
View Posts: 2,026

OoC: Well, you haven't made it to four players yet, so if you don't mind, I'll jump in with my char, Doyle.

IC: Doyle weaved through the bustle of the marketplace. He'd been in the new land of Hyrule for a few days, and it felt like a land "she" had ties to. It had been some time since she had visited, but he hoped to run into some person or place that knew of her and perhaps had a clue of her current whereabouts.

A small disturbance in the flow of people drew his eye to a sign. Gossip Isle? Sounds like a place she would visit just for the chuckles... He strolled up as the man, zora, and boy were introducing themselves.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-27-2010, 02:49 PM
Kokiri

OOC: Sorry I'm late everyone. Work and school tag teamed to rape my time schedule.
Thanks to everyone who joined, and if anyone else would like to join, please send me a message and I can edit you in somewhere.
Something I like to do when I RP is to provide the appropriate music for my scenes. Here, the music is Linebeck's theme as orchestrated by ZREO. I feel it provides the best mood for the scene.

IC:

A small crew had gathered. All he could hope for was that they were all skilled. While they certainly wouldn't be outnumbering anyone, they alone could be strong. The Zora stood in front of the people who'd gathered, and cleared his throat.

"Hello everyone! I'd like to cut to the chase!"

He announced smiling proudly. "My name is..." He stopped and thought it over. Now was his chance for a new alias. Normally when he informed anyone that his name was Taint, he got some funny looks and sometimes a laugh. He thought hard, and decided on something new. "Well my name isn't important! You can call me Captain!" He liked the sound of it, and secretly hoped it'd stick.

"It's gonna be a long journey, so I'd like you all to stock up on whatever you might need. If we find what I believe there is on this expedition, you'll all be very wealthy individuals! If you're really serious about joining me on this quest, meet me near the Parapa Docks in two days at this time. Be aware that if you're gonna join me, you're gonna have to be somewhat formidable in battle." He looked directly at the child when he said this. He certainly didn't want the kid to get hurt. He also knew nothing of what the lad was capable of.

"With that said, I'll see you all then!"

With that, he simply walked away. He took no questions, and didn't bother to ask if there were any concerns. He obviously wasn't used to this sort of thing. It would take the brave, courageous, and curious to embark on this endeavor. They would simply have to have faith in the Zora, and do as he said...

* * *Two Days Later* * *

Music: Pirates Fortress as orchestrated by ZREO.

There was a gloomy air about the docks on this particular day. The clouds blotted out the sun overhead, and it looked as if it would rain soon. The tension in the Zora was high as he awaited his new crew. The docks were not as populated today. The only ship that was anchored in the port sailed under a feared flag. Skull and bones; Pirates were taking a break at the Parapa Village Pub. It wouldn't be long before they'd be back to the ship. He stood there waiting, often glancing at the pub down by the docks.

C'mon, c'mon...

He was so nervous that he had to pee. He gritted his teeth in anticipation.
Last Edited by ZeldaVeteran; 10-17-2010 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Kokiri

He was starting to get antsy. He watched the pub carefully while he waited for his crew. Had everyone heeded his warning? Did they forget? Did they think that his believes were wrong?

C'mon guys, don't flake out on me...

There would be other opportunities to take the ship at a later date, but he was tired of waiting. Tired of staying up late planning for the expedition. If nobody showed up with an honest will to explore, he'd have to go it alone. He stared out into the distance with an equally distant look in his eyes.

He didn't want to have to steal this ship by himself.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2010, 02:15 AM

Confused, but curious, Orty had watched the Zora walk away. He was a strange creature, and not simply because he was part fish. He hadn't seemed to hear a word that had been said during the stilted conversation while introductions were being made. Another man had walked up to join the group, but Orty had scarcely got a good look at him before the Zora set the meeting time and place and, abruptly, left the three standing there awkwardly.
Not much more had been said after that, the two men nodded to each other in acknowledgment and went their separate ways. Leaving Orty and Louie to debate between themselves.
"Please, please, PLEASE don't do this Orty," Louie had begged. If there was one thing he hated more than hungry dragons, it was water.
"We won't be swimming, Louie. We'll be on a boat the whole time. And when we get there, we'll be on dry land. You can stay inside my hat the entire time if you like."
"I'll never convince you of anything rational, will I?"
Orty had shaken his head vigorously, "Nope!"

Now, two tremendously long days later, Orty was running down the street to where he supposed the right docks to be. "Parapa Docks?" he asked a passing stranger. Then to Louie, "Am I even pronouncing that right?"
If Louie had visible shoulders, he would have shrugged them. Instead, his thick gray fur only shifted up and down. The stranger pointed the opposite direction. Orty turned on his heel and skittered back in the direction he had come.
It was still early morning, at least he hoped it was, it was cloudy out and the sun was barely a dot of light behind the clouds. But the Zora had failed to mention what time they were to meet, so Orty had gotten up at dawn and started walking. Frantic, Orty wandered down multiple streets, but the buildings were so high and the streets were so crowded with market shoppers that, had the ocean been in sight, he couldn't see it. The streets seemed to wind in circles, and the people he asked pointed every which way. After what seemed to be hours in the maze that was North Castle, he finally had an open view of the ocean; only one boat was docked.
"Cool!" Orty exclaimed. A Pirate ship!
Nearby, he saw the Zora pacing back and forth, looking worried and just as frantic as he'd himself been a moment ago.
"I'm here!" he shouted as he ran up to greet him. The Zora turned, a funny expression on his face.
Orty mentally checked everything he'd brought with him, which wasn't much. His glass balls, his cards, a safe box and the few coins he'd managed to save. He'd found a pair of old boots on a doorstep that were a size too big and completed the oversized outfit he wore, but at least he wouldn't be barefoot for the journey.
He beamed up at the Zora, fully confident and ready for action. He accepted the challenge and was ready to prove that he was bigger than his height.
Last Edited by Hoyden; 09-29-2010 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Zora's happy he's there! Yay! Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2010, 11:16 AM
Kokiri

OOC: Taint didn't frown by the by

IC:
Music = Pirate's Fortress

The Zora spun around to acknowledge the call of young magician. His hopes which were high, sunk only slightly before relief washed over his expression. At least someone had bothered to show up. He jogged to the boy's position and smiled widely. "Well it would seem that the bravest of the bunch was the smallest!" He joked as he glanced at the pub again for good measure. "Listen to me... Orty was it?" He paused, and shook his head. "It doesn't matter at the moment. Introductions can be done properly later. This is going to be extremely dangerous! We're going to be stealing a ship! From pirates!" He waved his arms around to instill the notion of danger within the young mage. He couldn't have the boy leaving him if things got rough.

"I'm sure I don't have to tell you what'll happen to us if we're caught!" He was very stern with this sentence. "The consequences are grave. I'd liked to have attempted this with more than one person, but you'll have to do. Thanks for showing up... You could be the make or break factor to this whole operation." He stared in the direction of the pub for a few moments before speaking again. "They've been there nearly an hour... I'd like to wait longer, but we simply can't. Follow me, and stay close." He cautioned as he quickly moved around the bend and towards the ship. He was running as fast as he could while remaining crouched as he made his way out onto the docks. He quickly boarded the ship on the boards that connected the boat to the docks. Moving towards the anchor crank, he motioned for Orty to raise the front sail. It was the smaller sail, and easiest to raise. Taint would have to hoist the main sail himself.

Tension floated in the air as the Zora cranked the anchor as fast as he could. Finally he could feel the weight of the anchor; it had lifted off the ocean floor, and was heavier than he thought. His muscles bulged as he cranked with all of his might. It would be a slow process but he could do it if he kept strong. Come on you son of a gun... He thought bitterly as he glanced at Orty to see how he was faring with the front sail.
Last Edited by ZeldaVeteran; 09-29-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

Doyle had spent the two days debating on whether this would even be worth his time. The supposed "Captain seemed not the most savory of individuals, Rruuv chalked this up to the fact he smelled somewhatly like a landed fish. The summoner eventually decided he would wait and see what happened, and spent the last night in wolf form so he could go a few weeks without changing. Rruuv, of course, was not overly happy about this as a giant wolf does like to get his exercise.

On the morning stated, Doyle strode casually down the wharf toward the only ship currently in port. Seeing the zora and the boy on deck, he made his way up the gangplank, and with barely a smile at the straining and heaving "captain" he put his hands to the crank and made it move steadily upward with only a moderate effort. He looked across the crank at the zora and spoke to him for the first time, his voice a sound so low and gravelly, it seemed to reverberate in his chest more than actually being spoken, his brown and green eyes only slightly amused. "You had best help the boy. I doubt he knows much about sailing."
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2010, 06:23 PM
Kokiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryorinin-san View Post
"You had best help the boy. I doubt he knows much about sailing."
"AAUGHH!!" Taint screamed as the man appeared before him. He wasn't expecting to see him, and stifled his yelp as he let go of the crank. "Aye aye!" He called out wearily as he made his way towards Orty to help him with the front sail. Contrary to Doyle's suspicions however, Orty seemed to be doing a fine job of raising the front sail. He nodded towards the boy with a smile, and hurried towards the main sail. With the anchor now on its way up out of the ocean so quickly, he could now safely raise the giant sail. He huffed and puffed as he raised it as fast as he could. Then a sound came like stinging death to his ears: "OYE!! WHAT-EYEW THINK YER DOIN?!" Taint looked over his shoulder and found that a few of the pirates had noticed their sails being raised from the pub. A few of them exiting the doors noticed as well, and called to the captain inside.

[MUSIC = Danger]

"Oh sweet Din, WE NEED TO HURRY THIS UP GUYS!!" The Zora cried out as he worked furiously with the main sail. It was about halfway up and it'd be another thirty seconds or so. He hoped they'd make it in time- because he'd hate to have to face these pirates. He knew full well what a few of them were capable of. He glanced at Doyle, who'd nearly finished raising the anchor, and then to Orty who was also nearly finished raising the front sail. The main sail began flapping around wildly. Almost... C'mon... Suddenly he heard a rumbling sound. He looked to the clouds in a panic. A storm? Right now?! He cried inside as his arms were growing tired at this point. After a few moments, he noticed that the thunder was still rolling. Thunder didn't roll that long. He turned to look over his shoulder only to realize a terrifying fact. The Goron members of the pirates had tucked into their boulder like shape and were rolling down the docks much faster than the other pirates.

"NAYRU ALMIGHTY!!" The Zora cried as he glanced at the main sail again. "Goron pirates?! Who ever heard of such non-sense, they can't even swim!!" Taint was growing increasingly worried. They wouldn't make it in time to dodge the rolling threats. We might be able to make it away from the rest of them, but if the Goron's board the... Wait. That's it! Orty had finished raising the front sail by the time Taint had come to a conclusion. "ORTY!!" Taint called out over the thunderous sound of Goron tanks. "TOSS THE BOARDING PLANKS INTO THE WATER! GORONS CAN'T SWIM, THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO BOARD THE SHIP!!" Their only hope for a bloodless escape would be for Orty to act fast. Otherwise, a fight would surely ensue.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2010, 09:20 PM

Orty had scrambled aboard the ship and headed his captains orders. Feeling like a true sailor he began hoisting the front sail. It was rugged from harsh use, but he was able to pull it up without too much strain. He glanced behind him to see that another man had come onto the boat, he vaguely recognized him from two days ago. He was heaving the anchor while the Captain was raising the main sail. Suddenly the Captain yelled,
Quote:
"ORTY!! TOSS THE BOARDING PLANKS INTO THE WATER! GORONS CAN'T SWIM, THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO BOARD THE SHIP!!"
"Gorons?" Orty thought out loud. He'd never heard of them before, but that didn't last long. He looked out at the docks and saw large, orange colored boulders. They snarled as they rolled, and the fabric of their clothes tore along the rough wooden docks. Whatever these boulderous Gorons were, they were trouble.
Orty secured the rope of the front sail and scampered to the wooden planks. The boat wasn't quite in motion yet, the Zora was still working with the main sail and the anchor was two-thirds of the way up, so the planks hadn't yet reached the point where they'd slide off on their own. There were five in a row, making the path wide enough to roll a large barrel of ale, or a Goron Pirate, up and into the boat. Orty seized the first one and heaved. It was still braced against the dock, so it didn't slide. He'd have to lift it. But in order to support the weight of these gigantic pirates, the boards were almost a foot thick, and very heavy. Orty paled when he realized he couldn't lift it more than two inches off the boat.
The Gorons were getting closer.
He had to think fast.
He had to think...
Think!
Suddenly the board rose into the air, hovered for a moment, and fell the moment Orty registered he hadn't touched it. It splashed far below into the water that crashed around the base of the ship.
“I didn't think my levitation was that strong!” he exclaimed. Thinking of all the small purses and coins he'd levitated from passing people's pockets. But his joy was short lived. They were more than halfway down the long dock and Orty had only tossed one. He concentrated on the next board and lifted it high into the air. An idea struck him and he sent the long, heavy board flying, nailing the closest Goron Pirate. He, she, it... whatever it was unfolded and collapsed on the spot. But three more were on their way. Orty tried all three boards at once... and was mildly shocked that it was nearly effortless. He let them rip through the air, striking each Goron where he was, and not a moment too soon. The band of human pirates hesitated in their attack as they watched their victors fall at the hands of a child. The hesitation was all the thieves needed. The sail and anchor were up at last and the wind pulsed through the white fabric. The water broke before the bow, and before the pirates could gather their senses and shake their fists and hooks angrily at the edge of the dock, the Zora Captain and his new found crew were off.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Kokiri

OOC: Nice work Orty!
[Music: We're off!]

IC:

The main sails flapped forward as the wind filled them with much needed propulsion! The boat left the docks, leaving the pirates screaming curses and waving their weapons in the air. The Zora ran to the bow of the boat smiling widely and leaned off the front throwing his arms into the air. The clouds parted and the sun shined on the adventurers as a cool breeze took them far away from the pirates. "We did it!! WE GOT A BOAT!" He cried out happily as he ran across the boat to Orty. He picked the kid up and swung him around. "You did it! You did it you little psycho!! I can't believe it, how'd you do that?!" He asked not giving the boy a chance to answer directly. "And you!" He pointed at the man smiling. "I definitely wouldn't have gotten that anchor up in time! You really saved the day!" He pulled his sword out of his sheath and waved it around merrily! "I can honestly say I'm proud to have you as my crew!" He couldn't quit beaming.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Dark Queen of Huggles

A lot more to the kid than I smelled immediately... he thought as he secured the anchor hoisting crank. It gets hard to tell what comes from who in such a crowded market. Now, with only the salty tang of sea air gently stinging his lungs, he could better grasp what he was dealing with. Doyle leaned against the railing, his arms crossed, smirking at them somewhat bemusedly. "Well, seeing as you have apparently made me a ship-stealing scalawag of a pirate in the record time of five minutes, I think your crew deserves to know the true details of this adventure, oh fearless leader."
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
Kokiri

Music= Gossip Isle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryorinin-san View Post
"Well, seeing as you have apparently made me a ship-stealing scalawag of a pirate in the record time of five minutes, I think your crew deserves to know the true details of this adventure, oh fearless leader."
The Zora grinned and sheathed his sword. He couldn't tell how sarcastic that comment was, but he didn't pay it much mind. "Alright, if anything, I owe you a bit more of an explanation huh? Well where to begin..." He rubbed his chin and looked upward as if deep in thought. "Well I'm sure you've all heard of Gossip Isle!"

"Gossip Isle is a mysterious and enigmatic place that sits about 300 miles off the coast of Parapa. The ruins there hold hints of Sheikahn architecture, and are most likely links to the ancient tribes of old. There are many statues and carvings all around the island, and they're all scribbled on in a dead language. The ruins hold some kind of secret- that fact itself is not a secret. Everyone knows there's got to be something of great significance there! Many big shot archeologists have paid the island a visit or two trying to understand the meaning of the island. They've all given up in frustration though." He pulled a piece of parchment from hammer space and unrolled it.

"This however... This was given to me by someone I knew. He's a genius, and he has ties to the old Sheikah. This is essentially their alphabet. He told me that he wasn't able to decipher a few characters, but that I should be able to comprehend the general idea of whatever written evidence I find." He smiled, and put it away, still as serious as ever. "This is an advantage that no explorer before us has had! We could very well uncover the secret of the ruins- and if it doesn't mean treasure, it means we're rich for figuring out the secret!" He'd obviously planned this out quite a bit. "I've been planning this expedition ever since I heard about the island as a child. But I've never been this close to actually setting foot on the island." He was visibly excited about the journey, as he turned around and looked in the general direction of the island. "Coupled with the alphabet is a map of the safest route to the island."

He jumped to the wheel of the boat and cranked it a bit to the right. "That should put us on a direct route to the island!" He exclaimed as he hopped off the risen plank and back on deck. "These ruins are my life's dream right now! I'm happy to have you two aboard with me! I can't thank you enough for accompanying me." He sniffed and wiped one of his eyes. "It means... (sniff)... So much to me..." There was pause before he broke the silence again. "Any further questions?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

OOC: How am I doing so far? Am I boring you?
Last Edited by ZeldaVeteran; 09-30-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-30-2010, 03:14 PM

OoC: No! This is great fun! I love the quirkiness of your character. and I love how you set up events, foreshadowing. It helps me to know if something dangerous is about to happen that I need to prepare for. BTW... Goron Pirates... that is the most wicked thing I've ever heard!

BiC:
As the Zora swung little Orty off the ground, the sudden rush of wind blew his hat off, causeing Louie, who'd been hiding in his hat, to cling to Orty's dirty brown hair for dear life. As soon as Captain's attention was off him, he lifted the small, frightened mouse from his head and set him gently into one of the larger coat pockets. It was getting warm, though, with the time drawing to mid-day and the sun coming out over the water. Orty suspected he wouldn't want to keep his coat on for the entire trip.
"I'll find you somewhere safe," he said to the beady eyes poking out of his pocket. He focused his attention back onto his Captain, who had begun to tell the story of the island they were heading towards. It sounded amazing; epic. And after this adventure was said and done, he would be able to buy a pair of shoes that fit.
Quote:
"Any further questions?"
the Captain asked.
Orty thought for a moment, then glanced back to the receeding shoreline. "Yeah, weren't there three of us?" He looked back to the captain. "I hope the man in the brown coat isn't over there dealing with those pirates..."

OoC: Haagar, come back!
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Come and get it!

OoC: Imma comin! Sorry guys, I've been having some internet problems, and will only be able to post every little while. Ryorinin, if it comes down to where I am needed, go ahead and control C.A.N., I have high hopes for this RP.

BiC: I looked out at the ship, pulling away, and almost smirked. The others had seemed to have forgotten about me, and I turned towards the pirates, who held their blades and flintlocks. The captain said,

"Well, it seems yer friends ave left you fer dead. Don't worry, a'll kill em as slow as a'm going to you." The entire crew advanced on me, and I couldn't help smiling at the idiocy of these pirates.

"Now, now, theres no need for violence." Of course, they didn't stop advancing. But what I said had made me seem weak, so they were more relaxed, and didn't see me reaching behind my back for my longsword I had picked up from the shop. They closed in on me, and the caprain was about to slice, when, quicker than most human could see, his arm was chopped off.

The Gorons rolled up into balls, and suddenly they found themselves flying over the wall of castle Town. That was enough to scare the other pirates away, carrying their captain so they could get their next payment.

I looked back, and could still see the ship. I imagined myself on one of the trailing ropes, and I was there. The week long recharge had passed. I heard the small boy mention me, and I called up, " Hey, I'm down here!"