$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-14-2010, 04:16 PM
Have you ever died and thought to yourself: "Why am I still thinking?"
Send a message via AIM to Quark Send a message via Skype™ to Quark
Steam ID: koolgool

View Posts: 28,742
Something New {I)ragon11}

Movement. It could see shapes. A whir and a snap and suddenly there was light. Giant, enormous beings! Walking to and fro, back and forth, hustling and bustling down a busy market street. Humans, dozens of them, going about their daily lives without a care for who it was; without the knowledge that it even existed. Of course, this particular “it” had no idea what they were either.

A single black pebble lay undisturbed on the side of the street. Completely ordinary in every way, at least by first glance. The pebble was unnoticed by everyone, despite the fact it had appeared out of thin air mere seconds ago. It was examining them intently.

The pebble watched for a few minutes, observing the hustle and bustle of the countless strange figures. Naturally, this pebble had no idea what they were doing, or even had the slightest clue as to what was going on. These were its first images, its first thoughts. As far as it could tell at that moment, these were its first seconds alive on this planet.

The pebble began to wiggle and wobble as it realized it could move. A single thought came to it: Follow. The idea of joining these strange creatures in their ritualistic movements quickly formed into action. Without hesitating, the pebble began to change shape. It stretched and elongated, deciding to take on the appearance of one of these magnificent creatures. It took a moment to take full shape, but in the end it had created for itself a slender and efficient form.

The pebble, now no longer a pebble but the shape of a young woman, studied the street just a few more seconds before attempting its first step. Lifting its leg, it immediately lost its balance and fell to the ground. Pain shot through its body and it let out an instinctual grunt. It suddenly determined that it didn't like pain.

A few people were now watching it, some having witnessed its transformation and others simply noticing its clumsiness. As it stood to its feet, some moved toward it in curiosity while others cowered away in fear from what they had witnessed. Not even noticing its small audience, the entity shifted its weight and began to walk. The few that were trying to get its attention had now lost track of it in the crowd.

The entity followed closely behind one individual and mimicked his every move. He was big and burly, walking with a heavy stride. The entity followed his movements, stomping with each footfall, swaying its arms the same way, and looking where he looked.

As the shapeshifter glanced away, however, it noticed that not everyone was walking this way. It seemed that every single one of these people moved differently. After a few seconds following the man, it broke off and began to follow someone else, mimicking her movements instead.

So much information, all pouring in at once. Sights and sounds, smells and sensations. People buying and selling on the side of the street were just movements without meaning to this entity. Then there was the woman it was following, walking with a distinct stride with purpose and a set destination.

The entity's thoughts were thrown off track for a loop as someone accidentally bumped shoulders with it, causing it to briefly lose its balance. It hurt a bit, but it also took in what the other person felt like. It was able to quickly regain its balance and continue following the girl it had grown attached to mimicking. It suddenly wondered what she felt like.

Testing its new hands, the entity grabbed the stranger by the head and began to take in the new information.

-=========}xxxx[] Denizens of My Brain []xxxx{=========-
{Quark's Intermittent Art Vomitorium}
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-15-2010, 01:25 AM
Web Head
View Posts: 7,651
Re: Something New {I)ragon11}

A little girl? Taking on this mission? The agents hadn’t even entertained the idea without finding it entertaining. That is, until she broke off a piece of the metal table and chucked it clean through the hard wood door. That might have been taking it a little too far, but in Roery’s defense, they were quite insulting. It also did a good job of persuading them that she was fully able for the job. The only reason she had signed up with the shady agents anyway was because it was the first lead she had gotten in weeks that didn’t involve right out killing someone, although this job didn’t persuade away from it. In any case, she liked to keep the casualty list to a zero whenever possible.

The agency was one of those hush, hush types with secrete plots and schemes—she wasn’t even allowed to know its name—and today’s scheme involved infiltrating an even more questionable corporations’ HQ to capture the schematics for a new power source prototype. At least that’s what they told her, and she was a pretty good judge of whither someone was telling the truth or not.

From everything she had gathered, there was no reason to think that anyone in this Head Quarters had anything beyond human technology of around the year 2000, so this was looking to be a cakewalk with a sizable reward.

She had been given full blueprints of the area which she now had off to the side on the HUD built into her nifty sunglasses. She had just finished acquainting herself with the skyscraper and had marked her entry point when the strangest thing happened. A very plain looking dark haired girl had grabbed her head from behind and started jerking her about. Roery yelped in surprise and nearly bashed the girl into the nearest building before stopping herself. It was just a citizen, a seemingly deranged citizen, anyway.

“What are you doing? Get off me!” Roery exclaimed, quickly yanking herself out of the strange girls hold and gripped her arm tightly to stop her from making further advances.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-18-2010, 04:19 PM

It was now breathing heavily, a bit confused by the sudden violent action. It looked down at the hand grasped around its wrist. It hurt. It examined its wrist for a few seconds before returning its attention to the source. Using its free hand, it grabbed the opposing wrist just as tightly.

“What are you doing?” It repeated. “Get off me!” It didn't know what these words were, but it was sure an amazing thing! Speaking, forming sounds. What was it for? “What are you doing?” It said again.

#4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2010, 01:44 AM
Web Head

First she had grabbed her head, and now she was calling her out like she was the victim here? Who does that? This girl clearly had issues. Not to mention it was eerie how she had copied the same phrases back to her, and in such a similar tone. Roery didn't have time to deal with this crazy however, and she promptly shoved her away.

"What is your deal, are you trying to make a scene? Go find someone else to annoy" She huffed as she turned to walk away.

The strange girl wouldn’t let up. She proceeded to follow her and speak more nonsense. “What is your deal, get off someone else to annoy!”

Roery squinted back at her, “That doesn’t even make sense. Seriously, leave me alone.”

The girl mimicked her squinting expression back to her. “Go find someone else to make sense.” She babbled. “Seriously, leave me alone.”

By now Roery was done ‘reasoning’ with the lunatic. She made a small noise of annoyance as she quickened her pace to try and shake off the crazy. The crazy staid right behind her and copied the same noise. “That doesn’t even make sense!”

The blonde ducked into a crowed to try to lose her, but after a minute, that proved to be just as ineffective. Roery was becoming anxiouse. She had a job to do. A stealth job at that, and all this attention the mad girl was bringing to her was by no means welcome. Had she been sent to distract Roery? Had she been found out already? Not likely, but it was time to lose her for good.

Roery slinked around a corner into a dark alleyway, activated her armor and her black stealth skin and scaled the two story building in a matter of seconds. If anyone had caught a glimpse of her, they would probably think it a figment of their imagination. The clone soldier let out a sigh of relief. Now that was done with, she could go back to her job...

“Hugh!”

Had that just come from the alleyway she had just hopped out of? Roery peaked over the edge of the wall. There, sprawled out on the ground between the two buildings was herself! Same face, same hair, same armor, same jet black over skin. What was going on here? Thoroughly perplexed, Roery hopped over the side of the the building, slowing her decent just before hitting the ground by gripping a sturdy drain pipe.

“Seriously, that doesn’t even make sense...” It mumbled in her own voice. Wait, this was the same girl! Mimicking her words and expressions, and now her appearance?! No, that was preposterous. Either way, Roery never expected to see anything like this here.

“Who are you?”
Last Edited by I)ragon; 07-22-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-06-2010, 09:05 AM

Its eyes locked onto the girl's. It could feel pain steadily thumping through its from the fall body, but it wasn't unbearable... just new. Pain was such a strange sensation, yet it was very undesirable. It had no desire to feel pain again.

The girl it had been following decided to speak again, though its words once more made no sense. Not knowing how else to respond, the entity simply copied what she had spoken. “Who are you?” It repeated.

Realizing that the girl was standing, the entity tried to get back on its feet to properly mimic her. Why it felt the need to mimic the girl, it wasn't sure. It was simply all it could do at the moment, nothing else seemed to make sense.

After a short stumble, the doppelganger maintained balance and was on its feet again. The girl it was copying looked perplexed, but also wary and cautious, though both of these feelings were lost on the entity. It didn't know anything about how facial expressions worked, just that if someone was frowning they were probably feeling pain. It sort of figured that part out on its own. It didn't like pain very much.

“Get off me! Who are you trying to make a scene?” The changeling babbled. It didn't know what these phrases meant, if they had any meaning at all. It simply recalled the girl having spoken them earlier, or at least something like them. It was trying to mix different parts of the phrasing together.

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-29-2010, 09:53 PM
Web Head

"Ok, you have to stop doing that. Will you please tell me something that makes sense? I need to know why you're copying me."

"Ok, will you please know why you're copying me. You have to stop tell me something that makes sense?"

"Is that all you can do is copy me? Are you incapable of anything else?"

"Else anything of incapable you are? Me copy is do can you all that is."

Roery rubbed her head, then gestured with her hands importantly, asking another stream of questions. This went on for a good fifteen minutes. Roery and the doppelganger made little headway. All Roery had figured out is that "You can only say the words I've said to you, and you have no idea what the words mean."

"I have no idea what the words mean." The copy replied. Every word she said held the exact same tone that Roery had used. Even thought this sentence made near sense, it was easily ruled out as a coincidence. Roery sighed and leaned back against the dirty alleyway wall, squatted down behind the dumpster. She was still in her armor with her black over-skin, and no one could really see them from the streets, although the clone was a little more in the open, looking just like her, which made her a bit uneasy.

Roery let out another breath and deactivated her armor in a soft blue glow. She almost knew what to expect, but was still surprised when after a moment the copy did the exact same transformation, fading out of the black skin, glowing blue and letting the armor sink back under her tan skin. Roery made a few more attempts at talking with the strangling, and made headway in the form of the copy had almost grasped that some words were to be nouns and verbs and such, but it still messed up nearly everything it said. Another ten minutes went by and Roery jerked with the realization that she was actually supposed to be on a job right now.

“Oh shoot. How did I…” her sleek sunglasses materialized from her ears to the bridge of her nose and displayed the time on the HUD. Luckily she had arrived with plenty of time to spare, and if she hurried she could still make it in time for plan B.

Standing abruptly, Roery glanced around the corner, then back down at the copy. Why had she even spent so much time with the oddity? Was it that it looked just like her, or that it was fascinating to watch learn? Meh. Not important. I have a job to do.

“Well… I’ll be seeing you. I have to run.” That was an oddly awkward goodbye. Roery nearly felt sorry for leaving the oblivious being to itself, but it wasn’t her problem. Or maybe it was. The thing had only copied her. Had it been some side effect of being a clone herself? Did it have her exact same body and powers, but no memory? No, it was originally in the form of another girl. Anyway, there was no time for this. She had to get a move on before she lost her second window.

Roery tore herself away from the copy and jogged into the street, (getting away from the entity quickly before she could change her mind again) back to the side of the building where she had found a nice empty access room with a window she could easily compromise. She took out a small plasma torch wired to her arm compartment and got to work.

Ooc: I posted! Let me know if anything needs a changen
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-20-2010, 08:47 PM

It was surprised by how quickly the girl took off and left it alone. It tried to follow, but she had already gotten quite a ways ahead of it. It tried not to lose sight of the woman as it maintained pursuit. This person was the only thing it knew, there was nothing else in its life. It couldn't lose sight of it or it wouldn't know what to do with itself.

It tried to mimic the girl's run, but there always seemed to be an obstacle of some kind in its way to impede its progress. Whether another pedestrian or some random oddly shaped object, it found itself stumbling and struggling for balance as it moved through the busy street. Suddenly, she was gone.

It turned around, looking from left to right. There were many others it could try to follow, but they all suddenly felt frightening and uncomfortable. It wasn't familiar with these people, it had to find the other one. The one that it looked like. It wasn't sure why, but it felt it had to. It's mind started to race as it searched the street. There was so much noise, so many movements. It tried speaking, but its voice was lost amidst the hustle and bustle of the city street.

It froze in the street, feeling confused and scared, two emotions it still didn't understand. It felt alone. Something that was almost on the same level of pain. It didn't like this, but it just didn't know how to express its dislike for it. It got more confused.

Finally, in what had been steadily building up in the chaos of the street, it raised its voice and shouted out as loud as it could, “What are you doing!? Get off me!”

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-23-2010, 03:08 AM
Web Head

That was her voice she heard calling from out in the street. Roery leaned her head on the glass she had almost cut a nice circle out of. Do your job Roery. The clone is non of your business. It's not a copy of you, it just happened to copy you...

She tried really hard to talk herself out of it, but in the end she couldn't help but rush back into the streets. The copy was making a right scene in the middle of the street, cars were backed up, some people were yelling at her. It was a mess. Roery squeezed her way through the crowd, took the doppelganger by the arm and lead her back out of the street.

"There you are... my twin! What have I told you about wandering around in the street! Come along..." She got plenty of strange looks, but everyone eventually went back about their business. Roery pulled her copy into the same ally where she had been torching the window.

"Look, you can't!... Ugh, what am I gonna do with you?"

"My twin! Wandering the streets! Come along... You can't! Will you please know why you're copying me... You can only say the words I've said to you, and you have no idea what the words mean..." The thing was just blabbering ceaseless now and Roery had to place her hand over her face to get her to shut up. This strange creature had the worst timing ever. Just when she had finally found a suitable, easy enough job... She couldn't exactly continue on her mission now if she was going to have an infant trapped in a grown womans body follow her around.
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-13-2010, 08:54 PM

The entity realized it couldn't speak properly with the girl's hand over its mouth. Roery stared her in the eye and whispered. “Quiet. I need you to be quiet.”

Something clicked in its mind at that moment, if it had a mind at all, whatever a mind was. It put one hand over the girl's mouth in the same manner she'd done. With its other hand, it pulled Roery's arm from its mouth. “Quiet.” It repeated. Made sense. Quiet. It didn't want her to speak.

Suddenly, speech seemed to have meaning. They weren't just a random assortment of sounds, but they were means to convey commands. It would have repeated the word 'quiet' again and again in celebration, but it knew it shouldn't speak again. It also realized that perhaps this entire time this girl was trying to tell it something, but it simply didn't know what those commands were. Was it doing something wrong? How could it convey these thoughts back to the girl? It felt so excited, yet disappointed in itself, though both of these emotions were still very new to the creature.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Web Head

Well gee, why hadn’t she thought of that sooner? Of course she wouldn’t be able to teach someone to speak merely by speaking at them. She had to give commands, directions, mimic what she was trying to say. It was a great relief that the being finally seemed to grasp something. Roery herself got a little excited and had to try out a few new words.

“Ok, um... Roery.” She put a hand on her chest to identify herself as Roery. The copy put a hand on her own chest and hesitantly mimicked the word. “Roery.”

“No.” Roery took the copies hand and put it on her own shoulder. “Roery.” She then placed the entities hand on her own chest. “Copy.”

She then let go of the copies hand and point at each of them in turn again. “Roery. Copy.”

“I’m going to need to think of a better name for you...” She mumbled under her breath, but decided Copy would do for now. So far the clone was picking up on language splendidly. It repeated the motions and words back to Roery to show it understood their names. Roery started naming things around the ally way; wall, ground, dumpster, window, shirt, pants, hair. Each time she would gesture to each object until the copy was able to identify everything’s name on its own. For a moment it got carried away and started pointing to everything and saying their name in rapid succession. Roery put her hand over its mouth and commanded it to be quiet and it shut right up.

The blond decided then it would be helpful to teach the copy a few more commands. “Come.” She said, stepping backwards, gesturing for the entity to follow her and pulling its sleeve so it had to follow her. She did this command again, then did it without pulling the copies sleeve, then took a few steps back and commanded; “Come here. Come.” The entity obeyed.

“Stay.” Roery now placed a hand on the copies shoulder to keep her in place and stepped back. “Stay.” She took a few steps back and kept her hand in the same ‘stop’ position. “Stay there.” The entity obeyed.

The girl couldn’t help but smile, feeling kind of silly. She was teaching a life sized copy of herself commands and tricks like she was a pet dog. All the while the entity remained as attentive and eager to learn as ever. But alas it was time she left her. She would be back before long. Hopefully the copy could stay long enough.

Roery sighed and sat down against the wall. “Come here.” The entity walked over. “Come, sit.” Roery tugged on its hand and it sat beside her. Placing a hand on her shoulder and looking her in the eye, she commanded the copy to be quiet and to stay there. Roery then got up, removed the glass circle she had cut out of the window and leaned it against the wall, and climbed through the hole. Once she was on the other side she crouched on the other side of the window and activated her armor and her black over skin. Hopefully the creature would still be there when she got back.

Ooc: Let me know if anything needs a changen
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-17-2010, 01:28 PM

Things started to make sense! Now it knew not to simply copy everything said, though doing so would still sound like fun... but now it had another objective! Discover what the words actually meant and why someone would speak them. Like... 'sit wall!' That would mean someone would want someone else to sit on the wall. 'Quiet pants' would mean to not talk to the pants. 'Window come' would mean to come to the window. Wouldn't it? There were so many other words too, though, a lot of which didn't make any sense at all. Maybe Roery would describe them better in time.

Beyond all that, most importantly, it now knew what its own name was: Copy. Somehow that made it feel very at ease. And she was called Roery, which was also comforting to know. But what made them different from each other to warrant different names? They looked exactly alike. That part didn't make sense.

And now it felt lonely. She'd gone through that hole in the wall. Yes, wall! It said the word out loud. “Wall!” It smiled for a moment, but quickly returned to its last thought. It had to follow her and learn more.

Standing from the ground, it entered the hole in the wall in pursuit of Roery.

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Web Head

Janet made her way down the hall in her white, freshly ironed lab coat. It was important that she kept her lab coat pristine, as she was so glad when she got it. She was working with breakthrough technology in a lab with seemingly unlimited recourses. It was more then she could have ever asked for. As she walked she panned through a few different windows and occasionally made notes on her holo-clipboard. She was headed to meet with her mentor, but she had left early, and he was a scatter brain and never arrived on time so she had some time to kill.

"Hey, Janet, how're you today?" Tod, the security guard asked as he passed her. He was making his rounds again. Tod was a well built man with short cropped hair, dressed in a grey security uniform that had bullet proof Kevlar hidden under his shirt, his sleeves and most of his legs. He also had a high tech gun and a few gizmos strapped to his belt. A corporation like this one couldn't be too careful, so all their security was maxed out for any occasion.

"Oh, hey Tod. I'm fine." Janet answered, looking up and brushing her dark bangs out of her eyes. Truth be told she had been meaning to avoid him. He was always asking her out.

"Hey, listen. Why don't you let me take you out sometime. I know a great place."

"Oh Tod, I told you. I can't date anyone I work with." Janet replied, placing a hand on her hip.

"Aw common, one date. That's all I'm asking."

"... I'll think about it. I gotta go now, though. Doctor Lemings is expecting me."

"Ya, alright, Janet. I'll see you around."

The two departed in different directions and Janet turned the next corner to see a blond young woman in jeans and a green t wandering through the hallway. She seemed to be looking intently for something, searching the walls and floor constantly.

"Uh, Tod?" Janet called behind her. The security guy came around the same corner quickly.

"What is it? Who's she?"

"I don't know. I don't recognize her and she doesn't have a badge. She shouldn't be have been able to get in here."

Tod advanced on the blond girl. "What do you think your doing, little Missy? How'd you get in here?"
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 PM

It casually panned over the woman as it still searched the room, still taking note of what she was wearing and what she looked like. It wasn't until the man ran into the room that it became startled. His voice was stern and loud. It couldn't understand why, but it felt threatened. "What do you think your doing, little Missy? How'd you get in here?"

Its mind raced, but it didn't understand what he was saying. It recognized some of his words, but they were words it didn't know the meaning of yet. Still, it felt it had to respond. It put a hand on its chest and spoke. “Copy.”

The guard gave the blond a strange look. It knew that he didn't understand. Did it do something wrong? Maybe it should say what it was looking for. If he knew who Roery was, he might be able to find her and she'd help it learn what these new words meant. “Roery?” It asked.

“I'm sorry, this is a restricted area. You're going to have to come with me.”

One word it did recognize: Come. He grabbed it by the arm and began leading it through the building. Despite the slightly painful grip he had on it, it followed without complaint.

#14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Web Head

Tod couldn't figure out how the young blond had gotten in there without setting off several alarms. She looked to be about as clueless as they come, but maybe she was faking it. Not willing to take a chance on it, he kept a firm grasp on the girls arm and led her to the security work station.

"We have a code 7 4 2. Issue a code Orange Alert." The security guard spoke as he pressed a button on his ear bud to allow audio. "I'm currently in hall Charlie 3 moving target to Secure Location Delta."

"How do you think she got in?" Janet whispered, following the two out of curiosity.

"That's what I intend to find out."

"What are you going to do with her?"

"Standard procedure; search her, run her prints and interrogate." Tod glanced at the blond to see what her reaction was, but her expression was unreadable. While she was half listening, she seemed more intent on searching the hallways for something.

A few turns and doors later and the security guard reached the work room. He punched in a code, slid his card, and used his thumb print to open the door. He then lead the blond young woman into the room with Janet in toe. The room had desks and file cabinets and computers and security monitors everywhere. It was mostly dark except for the glowing monitors. There was one other man that stood up as they entered. He was in his fifties with short, balding black and white hair and a matching goatee. You could tell he had been fit in his prime, and still was for an older man, but from the lines on his face it was evident that he had a stressful, grumpy life. His name was Wilber.

The older man moved forward to shoo Janet away. "Move along, Miss. Nothing to see here."

"Sorry Janet, no audiences." Tod said.

Reluctant to miss out on any of the interrogating action, the girl nodded and headed back out. "Of course."

The blond girl only watched their interactions with intrigue.

Meanwhile, the real Roery was sliding along through the duct work, making her way to her next access point. The ducts unfortunately didn’t go all the way to the secure room where the data would be held, so she had selected a remote office room close by to enter, and she would go from there, disabling the security cameras and sensors along the way.

Just as she had reached the vent overhead the office room, she overheard the man at his desk having a conversation over his speaker phone.

"Sir, we have an intruder. Blond, Caucasian female, 5'6" 120." Roery’s heart skipped a beat. Had they found her out already? Did they know she was about to crash down on this old guys desk and were warning him about it just before she did so??

"We’re currently holding her in room D. We’ll have more information for you as it comes." The old man rubbed his temples irritatedly before pressing a button on the phone and replying. "Very well. Keep me informed."

Roery breathed a sigh of relief that was short lived. They hadn’t found her, but they had found copy.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-24-2010, 09:01 AM

The man's gesture, combined with the words, “Move along, Miss. Nothing to see here.” combined with the woman leaving the room.... Something that man said must have been orders for her to move away, instead of toward him like the word come. This line of thought, as well as several others, began to stream through Copy's head as it tried to understand what was happening.

“Return to your post, Mr. Cummings.” Wilber commanded, putting his arms behind his back. Tod nodded before backing out of the room. The hardened older man stared down at Copy with a suspicious glare in his eye. The room was dark, except for a dim light on the ceiling. It made Copy feel uneasy for reasons it couldn't explain.

Wilber motioned to the chair. “Please, have a seat.” It looked toward where his hand had indicated. The chair, though at this point Copy had no idea what it was for. At least until the scary man spoke again. “Sit.” It knew how to do that, and promptly complied, feeling quite accomplished.

“How did you get here, girl? How did you get past our security?”

Copy felt like it needed to answer, but it didn't know what words it should use. Something about the way this man spoke gave it a feeling that it needed to answer him. It had no idea how to properly respond, so it just copied something it heard earlier. She said it in a whisper, like she'd originally heard it. “How do you think she got in?”

Wilber's brow furrowed. He'd seen this attitude before. “Don't play smart with me. I'll ask you one more time: How did you breach our security?”

It felt scared. Trapped. Where was Roery? It had to speak. It had to say something, maybe... something that made Roery had said before? “Go find someone else to annoy.”

That was it for Wilber. He slammed a fist on the table and jumped to his feet, leaning toward the entity in an aggressive manner. Copy was startled and lurched back in its seat. “Don't you dare play games with me!” Wilber shouted.

In a panic, the shape shifter did the only thing it thought it could do: shift shape. It had to appear more threatening to defend itself against this man. There was really only one way to do that. Taking on the form of its interrogator, Copy jumped from its seat and slammed its own fist on the table, shouting as loud as it could. “What are you doing!? Get off me!”

Wilber stumbled back in horror and amazement. What the hell had he just witnessed? He fumbled for his radio. This was completely insane.

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Web Head

"We have a... a code..." What code this kind of a situation would fall under escaped him. It wasn't very often that Wilber was stunned speechless. In fact, this was the strangest thing he had ever witnessed. This was the kind of thing out of movies.

"I have an emergency in security room Delta. I require backup."

"Backup, backup, backup!" The doppelganger exclaimed, pounding it’s fists on the table once more.

The old officer had had enough of this. Seeing a mockery of his own image so enraged was a horrifying sight. Unstrapping his sidearm, Wilber unloaded a few rounds into the abomination.

Roery had heard the shots fired. She ignited her thrusters sped through the turns and shoots of the ventilation system, making her way to where the incident took place from what she could see on the blue prints she had pulled up on her HUD. She just hoped she wouldn't be too late.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2011, 05:24 PM

Pain. Sheer pain racked Copy's entire body. Inexplicable horror filled its mind as it dropped to the floor, screaming in pure pain. It'd never done this before, this... screaming. And now its eyes were watery, pouring with tears. It didn't know what this was, it hadn't witnessed it before. But this pain was too intense. This was what just came naturally.

It writhed on the ground, slowly inching its way toward the edge of the wall, as far away from its attacker as it could get. Its body was fluctuating in a strange pattern. The skin was getting darker, its shape becoming more and more vague. It only held the shape of a human, all its color and details vanishing. Now it was nothing but a silhouette of what it once was. It was still wriggling and sobbing. “Roery, Roery, Roery!” It cried and over again. It needed her help. She would know what to do.

On the other hand, Wilber didn't know what to do. He was speechless. Guards quickly filled the room. “Detain that... thing.” He ordered.

The guards hesitantly approached the creature and grabbed it by its arms. “ROERY!” It shouted, as loud as it could. It began to kick and scream, resisting as much as it could. It didn't like these men. They were going to hurt it again.

Last Edited by Quark; 01-18-2011 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2011, 02:59 AM
Web Head

Roery crashed down from the ceiling, landing heavily on a security officer. The whole room froze as the guard cried out in pain. No one could have expected a young woman in slick armor to come crashing down in such a prestigious, secure building.

Roery, on the other hand, was shocked to see Copy writhing on the ground with what liked to be a few bullet holes through its abdomen, while several security officers tried to detain it. How could it have gotten itself into such a mess so quickly, and what kind of people were these guards that would abuse something so helpless and hapless.

All this ran through her mind in less then a second, and it only took a few more seconds before she had knocked every single guard in the room unconscious.

She lept forward, slamming the first guards head hard against the ground in the process, kicked the next guard in the back and pushed off, flinging him across the room and into the wall, and using the momentum from the kick to launch herself at the next officer. She gripped his head between her legs, flung him into officer number four, shoved off the ground with her hand and spun three times in the air before landing the back of her heel on the side of Wilbers head, smashing his cranium strait into the table.

Huffing from the adrenalin induced massacre, Roery made her way over to Copy and knelt down, putting her hand on it's shoulder and trying to calm it. There was blood splattered across the ground but at the moment the bullet wounds didn't appear to be bleeding from its black, featureless skin. She didn't know what Copy was capable of as far as healing itself. Since it could take any shape it should be able to transform into something else; something without bullet holes, right?

"It's ok, now, Copy. It's ok..."
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-18-2011, 03:22 AM

Copy watched from its spot on the floor while Roery dispatched every guard in the room. She came! She was going to rescue it!

After she had finished, she knelt next to it, putting her hand on its shoulder. “It's ok, now, Copy. It's ok...”

It was so happy to see her. She was strong, she would protect it. It struggled to its knees, getting closer to her for protection. The pain it felt was a little less intense than before, but was still present. It had apparently leaked something, and was still leaking it. Red fluid covered the floor, which worried it. It moved the fluid back into its body. That shouldn't be doing that. There were holes there too that shouldn't be there. It closed those up, but it hurt to do so. As the wounds healed, it suddenly realized it didn't look like that horrible man anymore.

“Copy!” It exclaimed. It stumbled to its feet, looking itself over. It wasn't sure whether it liked its look or not, but the fact that it looked different than anything else it had ever seen before amazed it. It turned back to its friend, eager to tell her what happened. “Roery, Copy come Roery. Copy stay floor. Roery come! Copy stand!” It was excited. It hoped its words made sense.

Last Edited by Quark; 01-18-2011 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Web Head

The creature remained in its blank, humanoid form, and was amazingly able to heal it's wounds almost instatnly. Roery had never witnessed such a healing capacity. With everything it had done so far, there was no telling what it's limit was. Roery had underestimated Copy and she would be more careful with it from now on.

"Roery, Copy come Roery. Copy stay floor. Roery come! Copy stand!"

The creature was like an infant. It was so excited to see her. It wasn't hard to guess that Roery was the first real contact it had made since it... birth? creation? To Roery, it's enthusiasm was adorable. She couldn't help but throw her arms around the happy creature. "Yes, Copy. You did good. You're ok... Now lets get you out of here."

At this point Roery was having a very difficult time trying to figure out if she should complete her mission, or if taking care of Copy was more important. It would be hard to do both, as it would be nearly impossible to keep Copy safe if she continued on her crusade through the installation.

If only Copy could become... travel sized. If only she had a way of conveying to Copy to become travel sized... If only... Then she got an idea.

Roery put her hands on Copy's shoulders and looked it in the eye to convey she was serious. She put a hand on her own chest "Roery..." She deactivated her armor, returning to her civilian clothes. "Change to clothes." And she pointed at her clothes.

"Roery change to armor." And she put her hand on her chest again to gesture to her armor. Then she pulled out her plasma gun from her forearm compartment and pointed to Copy, and then to the gun. "Copy... change to... gun."

One of the pummeled men in the room was starting to moan as he regained consciousness. Roery glanced back at him nervously, and tried to convey to Copy to turn into the gun again. Hopefully it would get the message. Hopefully it could turn into something that small. If not, she'd have to pull out plan B or plan C...

Tags
copy, i)ragon, quark, roery, shapeshifter