Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Leave your weapons at the door
View Posts: 4,630
[Weekend Splurge] A Day at the Bar

OoC: IT IS HERE! The RP shall begin, though ...I will not be around long. Hopefully, Puck can keep this going until mah return. You should probably read this thread if you haven't seen this weekend splurge thing. Here's how this works:

1.vm/pm me or Puck to see if you're clear to join. Anyone can join.

2.Once you join, you have a max limit of posts... probably five or so. This is because each interaction is meant to be short and quick so lots of people can try this thing out.

3.It's best to join with some goal in mind, whether it be finishing a meal or conversation. Once your character walks in, Leonna will approach them for an order. Your character can choose to interact with anyone else in the room as other customers (NPCs and other RPers) come and go.

4.The idea here is to write ACTIVELY for a short period of time. So quick (but quality) posts are recommended to keep things going.

Let's get this party started (forgive me if this is a little rushed!)

BiC:

It was a fresh morning in Kimberton. Even the lake water seemed clearer—one could peer into cool liquid from the docks and see the lake bed nearly ten feet or so underneath them. Small and large fish alike were swimming blissfully in those depths, their bright scales flashing rainbows in the sun.

The air was crisp and new as well, tinged with the sharp scent of pine and fir. Those tall and dark trees mingled with the houses here falling in and out between the houses built of white brick. Mingling among these were the villagers, mostly fishermen at this time of day. I passed them by with my cloak masking my face, casting curious glances at the nets and hooks they bore. Most of them were already making their way to their boats that still remained tied to the docks.

“'Scuse me, Miss!” A bulky man rushed out from a corner, nearly colliding with me as he hauled his armfuls of nets through the street. I barely managed to sidestep him, which might have been a successful maneuver had I not tripped on the trail of netting he left behind. With a surprised squeak, my foot gave way beneath me, and I tumbled into a small stack of crates that had been placed against the nearby shop wall.

It is difficult to say which surprised me more—the actual stumbling upon the crates or the number of contents within. Whatever the case, we all went tumbling down in a bangle of noise and unidentifiable objects that fell from those horrid open boxes. I found myself lying stunned on the ground, having hit my back against an offending crate and landing in a pile of slimy fish.

“HOI! Just what do you think you're doing, scoundrel!” A man emerged from the doorway of the shop, his tall and muscular form all the more intimidating with his booming voice. Unlike most of the surrounding fishermen, his white shirt was spotless, his brown trousers and boots untroubled by dirt. The only dirty thing on him was the oily white apron tied about his waist.

“I—I beg your pardon, Sir! There has been a minor accident.”

“A MINOR accident, you say?” The man's face was already red, but now it was flushed with an entirely new shade. “Why, that's all my supply for today! I can't serve my customers splattered eggs and dirt coated salmon! Someone's going to pay for this, you little wretch!”

Another squeak sounded as the man hauled me up by the collar of my shirt, ignoring the fact that I could hardly stand for slipping on his gooey fish. “Please, I meant no harm, I—”

“I don't want an apology, I want reparations! This is going to cost you some pretty silver, little mouse! I demand SIX pieces of silver for the damages!”

I was beginning to feel sick. Who in this entire city had such money? Certainly no hermit like myself. “I fear I have no money with which to pay, Sir.”

The man's eyes merely narrowed. “So that's how you're going to play it, eh? I'm sure the Mayor's men will be glad to educate you on the rules of law and punishment. People don't steal from me without paying their dues!”

“But I stole nothing, I—”

“Save it for the guards! You're going to end up in a pretty piece of trouble if you can't produce that money within the next hour.”

The very idea of being arrested for such a debt horrified me terribly. There were few who would sympathize for an accident of this catastrophe. “Surely, there must be another means of appeasing you! If I cannot give it in silver, surely there is another means...”

Finally, the man's expression cooled and grew thoughtful. He glared at me through his bright green eyes, but an irrepressible idea seemed to surface there. “You just might be the luckiest girl yet. My waitress quit this morning—good riddance to that annoying wretch—and it's not particularly good for business. I'm not exactly well supplied with hands, here. But I just might forget this little disaster for a replacement.”

My eyes grew wide. A waitress? I had never worked as such a thing! “You...you desire to employ me?”

“So long as you don't break anything else. I just need someone for the day before I can go talk some sense back into that girl. Village girls are always popular with the customers.”

I cringed, trying desperately not to imagine the worst. “Very well, Sir. I can serve for a day.”

“Good. Now change into something that won't kill the customer's noses. I can't have you displeasing them.”

“Of...course.” The man then proceeded to guide me into his shop, which I found was a bar of some kind. There were six or so round tables spread across the worn wooden floor and a long counter that dominated one wall. Behind that large surface, there were mugs and bottles lined on shelves and sitting in boxes. Just beside it, there was a worn little door.

“That leads to the kitchen, which we'll be using quite a bit. We'll be serving up some soup and bread this morning, since you ruined my oatmeal. You do have something to change into, don't you, girl? The kitchen is empty right now, so either find yourself a new dress or go n' change.”

“Yes, Sir.” I hurried into the empty kitchen with great purpose, quickly changing from my soiled dress into the clean and patterned dress stashed away in my bag. It was far more comfortable then my previous attire, the skirt short enough to allow movement without being preoccupied with a hem. Having finished the change, I removed my cloak and bag, setting them against the wall. There would be no need for traveling until this cruel place finally closed. I then donned on the apron I was instructed to wear, and clothing business concluded, I waited outside of the kitchen as the man stocked his fire and began preparing his food for the morning...
Last Edited by Fairess; 05-01-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
View Posts: 15,586
Re: [Weekend Splurge] A Day at the Bar

Endymion tugged at the edges of his shirt. It was comfortable, and itchy. very itchy. He had been posing as a servant for some lord whose name he couldn't remember, and the uniform was very itchy. Not to mention ugly, so ugly in fact I will spare you the ugly details. Suffice it to say the lord liked the colour red. it was just like Endy to accidentally burn his only set of street clothes too. He was unlucky like that.

Not today though! Well other then the itchy clothes. He had finished his mission, and finally had time to check out this bar and restaurant he had heard so much about. Just on the edge of town, and if truth had been told about it had the best food in town. Also pretty wenches liked to hang out there. That was always a good thing.

It was still afternoon when Endymion entered the dinner. Not full, but not empty, and hey look a seat at the bar. The bar was Endy's favourite place to get drunk, as it happens.

"What can I help you with?" A Pretty young lass asked him. obviously a waitress from what Endy could see, but she seemed a bit uptight. Must be new to the job.

"Are ya' on da menue, honay?" The girl didn't respond. Just abruptly walked away. Endy thought that was kind of rude.
Last Edited by Puck; 05-01-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 12:50 PM
WhitePhoenix7 WhitePhoenix7 is a male United States WhitePhoenix7 is offline
The son of Ormagöden
View Posts: 467

Jables snapped up very abruptly. He was late! The roadie had never been late for job in his life; this was embarrassing far beyond the point of others eyes, as he prided himself in always being on time for any engagement. Jables slapped himself in order to sober his senses from the oversleep he had gotten last night and well into the morning. He ducked and weaved his way through the forest until the “civilized” structures came into the distance. Not bothering to have courtesy for the Kimbertoners he passed.

Faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap over various obstacles in a single bound, Jables took the fastest route possible to his destination. It was in sight now, the door was open, he could easily slip in and act as if he had been there the whole time, and no one would be the wise-

“You’re late!”

Dammit.

The roadie was mere inches from getting inside, but his attempt to retain professional status in the eyes of his employer had proved futile. Sure the job was only for one day, and the shift was short, and he most likely never see this man or this town again…ever…but that was beside the point. He needed the money, and tardiness was reason enough to fire him or dock his pay. This man, about the same size a Jables, seemed to sneer at him with a disapproving (not to mention ugly) face, “‘On the dot’ ya said, ‘Never been tardy in my life’ ya said. You’re damn lucky I’m shorthanded!”

Jables just took it. He was right, complete and total d***, but he was right. He should have awoken earlier, if it wasn’t for the fact that his employer needed his hands today he would surely have to find work elsewhere, and this village was far too small to find it with as much pay as this one.

“Just get in there,” His employer gestured for the roadie to proceed. Jables was thankful that “Mr. Sunshine” had no patience to dock his pay and just wanted what needed to be done to, well, be done.

More casually this time, the roadie went inside the bar, putting away Battle Cry and Hammerfall in a nearby closet for safe keeping, and taking the weapons needed to face his new foes: Dust, Garbage, and the diabolical Restaurant Residue.

It wasn’t that bad of a place really, drunkards singing a merry tune, cheering, laughing, all around merriment yadda yadda. His boss was an ass, but the job would be tolerable in this atmosphere. His tool of destruction, The Broom, served him well in past half hour, most of loose dirt was easy enough to remove. However, Jables didn’t expected Mr. Sunshine to be bringing anyone else in to work today.

A young woman, who couldn’t be much older than Jables was,if at all. She was relatively striking in a way that made the roadie do a double take. Shaking his head, Jables brought sobering thoughts to himself, Mind your own business.

The girl seemed to have been instructed into the kitchen by Mr. Sunshine, when she emerged, she was in what looked to be comfortable dress and stepped toward a younger man seated at the bar. A waitress? I thought we already had one. Actually, now that he thought about it, the waitress that was here yesterday wasn’t present at all. Now it made sense. However, the new waitress, instead of taking the guy’s order just abruptly left him for some reason.

Jables just shrugged and went back to work.

(Ooc: Rushed, but acceptable I think
When's the bar fight starthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvim1...eature=related

\m/THE POWER OF ROCK COMPELLS YOU!\m/

Character: Jables Riggs
Last Edited by WhitePhoenix7; 05-01-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 01:14 PM

OoC: Thankee, Pucks!

BiC:

It was astounding. I had thought myself capable of the job, but as soon as that man's brown eyes had set upon me, I froze entirely. He was a curious creature, what with his accent and sunken cheeks. I might have guessed he was a creature of some misfortune, particularly from the pungent scent of mixed wine and blood in his aura. His starkly red cloths stuck out horribly from the rest of the present customers who must have come in for the morning shift. Though it was merely the beginning of their labors, they were still grubby and smelling distinctly of trout. I supposed I would have fit much better here with my fish stained clothes.

I had no answer for him. For too long, I had gazed about him, searching for the cause of my unease in his presence. It simply was different from the rest...but not in his language.

“What's on the menu, lass? Stoop down over here, would ya, so I can get a good look!” The calloused voice of a bearded man rang from the corner, promptly followed by a disgusted glare.

“All that we are serving are soup and bread, Sir.” Yes, the nervousness dissapated rather quickly now that the strange sensation in my stomach was hardening. I was already blushing from the other stranger's comment, but the flush increased with anger. Exactly what services did the waitresses offer here?

OoC: Sowwy, Leonna was a bit too distracted to notice Jables at the moment...
Last Edited by Fairess; 05-01-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 01:25 PM

"An' there go my meal..." Endymion sighed. He sure was getting shot down a lot lately. Of course instead of taking that for a hint he instead rationalized that it had something to do with his gaudy red clothes, instead of anything he did. it had to be the clothes. Stupid lord. There is just no accounting for taste.

“What's on the menu, lass? Stoop down over here, would ya, so I can get a good look!” Endy turned his head to see a bearded man hitting on the same waitress. She must have been knew. Most waitress would expect something like that, but she was blushing like a maiden.

"'Eh! Ya there," he shouted to the other man across the bar. he was regretting his words, "ya are stealing mah lines, get yur own," Endymion glanced at the waitress to see if she got the hint and moved on. Endymion Princeslayer felt himself noble enough to leave wenches alone when they said no. To some patrons that just made them try harder.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 01:40 PM

He spoke with such blatant loudness that I flinched, again directing my attention to the young man. There stood another shadow in the corner, likely another patron, but this I could not dwell on. The barkeeper shouted from the kitchen, chastising me for my laziness and urging me to take orders.

So I did.

With a forcibly mechanical nature, I approached the young man first, nodding respectfully as if he had never made such tart remarks. "Did you care to eat something, sir? Two coppers for one meal, which is wheat bread and salmon cream soup. Or perhaps a drink?"
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Forgotten Master
View Posts: 7,252

The swordsman breathed in deeply taking in the fresh smell of sea air. He couldn’t help, but enjoy being out in the open with people again after living in the mountains for so long. “First thing first, something good to eat and drink. Than do a little rumor hinting.”

He strolled away from the shoreline heading backing into the heart of the city. Fishing cities always had the best places to eat at. He looked around seeing many markets selling nothing, but different kind of fish and sea food alike.

He soon find a spot that seem small enough for him to enjoy himself for a bit. As he walked it first thing that came to the wanderer’s mind was the fact it was a bar. He’d thought it was dinner, but he wonder if he should even hang out here for the time being. “I guess,” he said finding himself a seat in about the mid of the room.

He glanced around him noticing all the exits and how many works seems to be around him. All looked safe enough but he keep himself on edge at all time. He relaxed in the chair and wonder what this place severed.

Ooc: Oh and that be Nikudemon. Sorry.
Last Edited by nikuvillain; 05-01-2010 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 02:05 PM

"Oh a drink." Endymion smiled at the waitress, "Find the three most potent liquors ya'ave, mix 'em together, an' give 'eit to me." he said with a laugh, "I tells ya s'me of these people are rude. Tha's why I'hate fishing cities, I mean oth'r than da smell, it's the fis'ermen. Burly disgustin' lot I say, don' ya agree?"
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 02:25 PM

"Fishermen are...fishermen." It required great effort to make the reply for the confusion of his request. Three of the most potent liquors? What was a potent liquor to begin with?

I turned away from the young man to return to the kitchen, much to the disappointment of the other men. A number of the men called after me, some for food and others for liquor. These I stolidly ignored until I met the purple raged face of the bar keeper.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? I've got ten customers on call here! What's the order?"

"Er...liquor, I believe."

"The liquor is OUTSIDE. At the BAR."

"Yes, but he ordered a particular mixture--"

"THEN MAKE IT ALREADY! What woman of any intelligence doesn't know how to pour a drink?"

"W-well, I--"

"GET TO WORK!" And I was promptly shoved out of the kitchen with a tray in hand. Flustered, I stared at the patrons sitting at their tables, trying to grasp at exactly what it was I was trying to do.

Right, the liquor!

I quickly set the tray on the nearby counter, rushing behind it to stare at the numerous bottles and kegs. It was only a moment later that I realized all the labels were all in English. With renewed nervousness, I bent over to examine the bottles stacked in the reccesses of the counter, deciphering with exquisite slowness absolute nonsense.

"Mervale, Nectar Rose, Ginny..." Who on earth took it upon themselves to personally name every bottle in a bar? There was no measure of potency, no description of taste or porportions. I might have sat there in blatant puzzlment for an eternity, but the customers where becoming impatient.

So I snatched three bottles nearest to my hands, uncorked them, and then proceeded to pour a small measure of each one into a wineglass. The first two bottles were merely clear, but the third was a deep purple, smelling distinctly of grapes and honey. Had it not been for the burning scent, I might have fancied tasting it myself.

I then placed the glass on the countertop, just before the young man. Too afraid to make eye contact and somewhat suspicious of my own creation, I forced myself to address the man. "I believe that is three coppers, Sir."

OoC: Er...Leonna will come once Nikudemon calls her. :3
Last Edited by Fairess; 05-01-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Forgotten Master

Nikudemon rested him hand behind his head waiting the helpless woman run around. He didn’t really like who seemed like the boss was treating her. I guess you got to learn somehow. Anyway, he thought feeling his belly noticing how hungry he was. I better let he know I’m hungry.

“Umm… Miss… Waiter?” He shouted unsure what to really call her. “When you get a chance can you order me whatever is on the house menu? Please?” He asked when he noticed her look his way. He than when back to resting in his chair. He watched the rest of the animals around him drink away the deer and wine she severed them. He never liked the stuff himself so he thought he’ll eat than find someplace to get something to drink.

OoC: Kay! That was only a opening post anyway.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 02:37 PM
The son of Ormagöden

Jables was starting to get p***ed. This poor girl had little to no idea what she was doing, and all of the patrons including Mr. Sunshine only chastised her for it. He tried his best to keep his patriarchal instincts down, so far there weren't any serious offences made at her, but he was most definately keeping an eye out.

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 02:49 PM

"Three Coppers," Endymion repeated, glad to have a drink. Of course the gods of luck were against Endymion Princeslayer, as he never did get to finish his drink. Or even start it for that matter.

"Hey you," It was the bearded man who was bothering the waitress earlier. He looked mad. And Drunk. Which is never a good combination. Endymion would have asked what he did to deserve this but he already knew the answer, so he just smiled at the man, "You sayin' you don't Like fishermen? I be a fishermen, and my father, and my father's fathers,"

"One of the reasons I dun like'em," As usual he regretted those words. The man felt it necessary to grab Endy by the cuff of his shirt, and lift him up, "Hey thar, I was jus' kidden. Here," Endy said grabbing his drink from the table, and offering it to the drunk man, "A Gift, no need to fight. Just here for the drinks,"

"Hmph," Thankfully the drunk man let Endy go, and snatched the drink from his hands. Unfortunately he threw the contents of the cup in Endymion's face instead of digesting it. "i'm gunna kick yur ass," Everytime someone said that to Endy bad things happened. it didn't help that the alchol burned his eyes so badly he could barely see. The next thing he knew he was on the ground after being thrown over a table.

He got to his feet slowly, and rubbed his eyes. The man didn't seem finished with him yet. Wet, sticky, and throbbing with pain Endy turned towards the door only to see a crowd of faces surrounding him, cheering for blood. Well this sucks
Last Edited by Puck; 05-01-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 02:57 PM
The son of Ormagöden

You're an employee. Don't f*** this up, don't f*** this up, don't f*** this up. The roadie was trying very hard now not to loose his job, just becuase he all of a sudden tried to play "hero".

First the waitress, and now this? Jables hoped that someone would have the sense to stop these morons from continuing this idiocy. He felt hiself a coward for thinking this however.

Last Edited by WhitePhoenix7; 05-01-2010 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 03:03 PM

I nearly dropped the tray as I walked back out with a plate of food. That young man with dark hair had struck me as somewhat peculiar as well, though his voice was gentle. He, too, had worn clothes unstained by dirt and fish scales. I might have distinguished him as a pleasant man on sight, had I not cocked my head to view the items on his belt.

They allow weapons here, too?

Yet the food waited, hot and smelling deliciously of potatoes, thyme, and salmon. The dishes were nearly thrown out at me as I entered the kitchen, yet upon leaving, I saw that one of the tables had been disturbed, or rather, the contents on it. There was broken glass and spilt liquor on the floor, mixing alcohol with blood. A bearded man stood over the poor young gentleman in read, his shoulders slumped with heavy wine. I froze at the sight, bowl in hand, and staring down at the injured man. Back in the kitchen there were bandages in my bag...

"Now you listen here, savages! I WILL NOT HAVE THIS IN MY BAR!" The barkeeper arrived quite suddenly beside me, his expression livid. Already, he had drawn up the cuffs of his sleeves as he made for the druken fisherman...
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 03:11 PM

"I'm just tryin' ta drink in peace," Endymion Protested. he could feel the weight of his dagger on his belt but he ignored the urge to use it. Even drunk this man was far to aware for him to able to use it sucessfully, and more like then not he'd end up losing his weapon and getting stabbed himself. This sucks, he confirmed his earlier thoughts. To his did indeed suck.

The propriator was yelling something, and that got the attention of the drunken fisherman. Time to vanish, he thought to himself slipping into the crowd. Of course that would have taken a great deal of luck, something Endy did not have today. before he could slip out he felt a hand on his shoulder.

The next thing he knew he was on the ground. Again. The Drunken fisherman standing over him. Whatever happened to the proprietor Endymion wasn't sure. He just wanted a drink. "I'm not even drunk yet..." he said listlessly, trying to crawl away.
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM
The son of Ormagöden

"You! You're with me!"

To Jables great surprise and relief, Mr. Sunshine did have a heart! The raodie dropped his broom and rolled up imaginary sleaves, with a big grin on his face.

(Ooc sorry for the short posts I'm a bit busy, and now I have to go somewhere. Jables is up for control if you wish)

Last Edited by WhitePhoenix7; 05-01-2010 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Forgotten Master

The swordsman almost laughed to himself watching the pitiful displace of a fight. He kept a smile feeling safe now if all he had to worry about was a few weak drunks. He notice the owner heading over to take care of the problem so he kept himself in the chair.

He looked around the rest of the bar noticing everyone having there eyes on the two loud mouths. He wonder how long it would be for his food to get to him. He was hungry, but he wasn’t rude like the other two men. He caught sight of the pretty waiter coming out he guessed scared from the rude people.

“Umm… Miss!” He called out still not knowing her name yet. “Do you know how much longer?” he asked shamefully letting his eyes sink down to the floor. He never liked seeming rude, but he had other things to do. “Sorry, if I’m rushing you, I’m just hungry.” He smile rubbing the back of his head worrying if he seemed rude.
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 06:23 PM

OoC: This is gunna be fun! ^^

BiC:

It was just like men to get everything in such a mess. Yet in all the spills, the shouts, the flithy scent of soiled fish, I felt the strangest relief. Everyone was far too busy watching the barkeeper tend to his bruised jaw to worry about food. Those who were not laughing at the man's lost dignity were egging on the drunk fisherman as he came again against his quarry.

This is far beyond reason. If there was no sensible man here suited to stop the fray, then...it became a woman's job. I set the food back down on the counter in a calm and business-like manner quickly brushing through the crowd that had formed. Then, taking a deep breath, I broke through the line of men.

"Sir, I fear you are quite out of line."

The large man huffed a laugh, lazily shrugging his shoulders as he turned to face me. "Mind yer own business, wench. This un's still got a lesson to learn."

"As do you, Sir."

The laughter that followed filled the whole room, breathing a horrid scent of beer in my face as the drunk fisherman laughed. "An' what d'you suppose to teach me, mouse? Ow' bout I give ye a lesson in respect?" His eyes flared suddenly as he reached for me, forcing another laugh from the crowd.

We were quite past propriety.

I struck without warning, launching a full fist at that horrible grinning face. There was a satisfactory crunch as my knuckles met his jaw, forcing his head to the left as he reeled backward. Disoriented by the liquor and the attack, the man stumbled back into a chair and crashed to the floor. This brought on an immense hoot of laughter, which I ignored. Business concluded, I fixed a glare on the crowd about me and stormed back into the kitchen, leaving the bartender to finish off the mess.

OoC: Nu, Leonna didun't hear Nikudemon through the crowd. :3
Last Edited by Fairess; 05-01-2010 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Banned User
View Posts: 30,568

OoC: Alright, at first I thought I wouldn't be able to read everything here in time to post, but it looks like I did. Time to bring Kenth in! :]

BiC: Kenth soared through the bright blue sky one warm early afternoon. He was half starving by now after flying such a distance with no food, and knew he'd have to return to human form and rest due to fatigue from hunger. Luckily for him, he barely made out the image of at town straight ahead several seconds later. Still, he was reluctant to land and transform. Was this just a mirage, a figment of his imagination, or was it actually real? Kenth decided to carefully examine it anyway, out of desperation.

After landing and returning to human form so he did not scare any locals with his dragon half, Kenth slapped himself in the face to see if he was merely seeing things. Heat and hunger or thirst could often cause this, he knew, and he didn't want to fall for it. After his hand made contact with his cheek twice and then a third time, Kenth was interrupted by the voice of a man nearby who had been witnessing his strange behavior.

"Uh, excuse me sir, but why are you slapping yourself in the face?" the man asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Huh? Oh, I...uh..." Kenth began. "I thought I was seeing things, but it looks like this town is no mirage."

"Nope, it certainly isn't, good sir," the man confirmed with a smile. "If you're hungry, thirsty, or both, there's a restaurant right over there. That place serves the best food in town." The man pointed to a small diner right across the street from where Kenth was standing.

"Ah, thank you," Kenth replied, the feeling of relief washing over him. "I've been famished for hours now, plus I haven't eaten in any kind of public dining place in ages." With that, Kenth instantly raced for the diner's main door and entered, the thought of gulping down a warm delicious meal plaguing his whole mind.

"Wow, this place is sure...interesting," Kenth observed as he spotted a mess of dishes and blood in the middle of the floor and the waitress handing another customer a knuckle sandwich. "But whatever, as long as I get full, I don't care what goes on in here." On that note, Kenth seated himself at the nearest table possible, hoping the little gold he had was enough to pay for a meal. He was soon approached by the same waitress from before. She wore a plaid dress and a beautiful mane of blonde hair.

"May I help you, sir?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'll take whatever you're serving today," Kenth instantly decided. "I'm so hungry, I feel like I could eat anything. By the way, am I able to pay in gold pieces here?"

EDIT: OoC: Ugh, dang it, Fairess. -_- *edits post*
Last Edited by Sonic Rainboom; 05-01-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Forgotten Master

OoC: I guessed that from your post but it nice to be sure.

BiC:

Damn… And I wanted so food, but these people has made a really mess of things. Nikudemon glared around at the people around him laughing at the young woman who was only trying to help. He sight soften as he noticed her leaving into safely.

“What are’ch laughing young one? You should find a woman punching a man out pretty funny.” He said resting his hands around the shoulder of the swordsman.

“No. It not too funny to me and I wish you would get your arm off of me.” He said raising his glaze towards the strange man.

“What you want to fight also? Someone weak as you would even be able to the beat waitress. “ He laughed in the swordsman face patting his back and sat the jug of beer down next to him. “Here have a deer and get you man hood going.”

“No thanks on both counts. This is not a place to fight and you’re not someone I can fight with. It would dishonor me more.” Nikudemon said as he got up from his chair. He Strolled to were the tray of food was place and glanced over the small meal.

It looks good too bad it going to be wasted now. Anyway, I should tip the woman before leaving and pay the bill. He thought as he when into his pocket and sat one gold coin of the counter. He than walked to the back where he seen the woman leave off too.

“Umm… Miss Waiter? I wanted to get you a tip before I leave. Are you around here? Hello?” He called through the hallway.