$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#21 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Re Dei Draghi Re Dei Draghi is a male United States Re Dei Draghi is offline
Saving the world. It's what I do.
Send a message via Yahoo to Re Dei Draghi
View Posts: 433
Re: where Do I Belong? (anyone)

Xalic and Cale stood before the window, getting ready to exit it and follow the child when another strange occurence made them jump. A crash sounded from outside of the room as someone in a heavy cloak collapsed on the ground. "Damn, it's just one thing after another." Xalic muttered before he spotted something that made his eyes go wide. "You should follow the boy Cale, I have a feeling you would be able to calm him down better than I would," Xalic said, with a pointed glance at the traveler's strange eyes. "I will see if there is anything I can do for this person."

Walking over to the being, he noticed a key clutched in the pale hand of the person under the cloak, clearly stamped with a number "4". Bending down, Xalic shielded the person under the cloak from the curious eyes of the other two. "I think I may have met this person before. Go ahead, I will catch up in a little bit, or if I don't, just bring the boy back here and we can figure out what to do next." He said to Cale before picking up the prone person and leaving the room without a backward glance or waiting for an answer. Xalic walked to room four and deposited the sleeping person in the bed. Locking the door behind him he walked back to the bar and approached the bartender.

"What can I do ya fer me Lord?" The grimy bartender asked in a heavy accent. Xalic looked around at the bar and bartender before looking the bartender in the eyes.

"You can sell me a detoxification draught, and a waking potion. Don't bother telling me you don't have any, or you would be drunk right now as well, and a drunk bartender is a bartender without a job." The bartender blanched at the proclamation, and at the sight of Xalic's silver colored eyes.

"O- of course me Lord, just please don't tell anyone. I need this job, I have a family to support." The bartender whispered, looking around frantically to make sure no one was eavesdropping. Hurriedly, he reached into a pocket of his apron and removed two small vials and placed them in Xalic's waiting hand.

"You have my thanks. And don't worry, if you managed to give me the wrong potions, I will be sure to return these to their rightful owner." The Silver Slayer gave a grim smile with the veiled threat and headed back to room four. Unlocking the door, he found the person sleeping in the same position he left her in. Smiling slightly with humor, he put the person into a sitting position and removed the hood of her, (for the person underneath was female), cloak. Taking a cursory glance over her pale face and light gray hair, he opened one of the vials and sniffed the contents. Smiling in satisfaction, Xalic slowly poured the Detox Draught down her throat.

After giving the draught a few minuted to purify the toxins from her body, namely the alcohol, he repeated the process with the Waking potion. After she had swallowed the last drop, Xalic laid her back down and took a seat on the one chair the room contained. After about 30 seconds, the woman sat up slowly and looked around blearily. Smiling reassuringly, Xalic spoke softly to the woman. "Greetings. My name is Xalic. It has been quite a while since the last time I saw another Arlamental."

OoC: I took a look at her character profile. The only reason Xalic is thinking she is an Arlamental (half human, half Silver Elemental) like him is because of her appearance.
  #22 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2010, 04:16 PM
*ahem*
View Posts: 1,165

As Xalic took a look at Cale's eyes and gave the strange assumption that Cale would be better to calm someone down, Cale blinked confusedly. Of course they were pushed for time, but as Xalic left the room and Cale leaped out the window, he thought about why Xalic would think that.

He didn't have much time to dwell on it, though, because as he ran, he had to focus on dodging the civilians, the carts, the children, and any houses he happened to come by. As he headed toward the forest, he knew he was going in the right direction. There were several people commenting on how odd it was that two people would be running out of town, because it was the only civilization for a while out.

Cale eventually made in out of the town, and he began to progress toward the forest.
  #23 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
View Posts: 2,560

Arlamental.

The word drifted through her thoughts, but she could come up with no definition. But still, it clung, ringing in her ears as she stared around the room, her eyes unfocused, her mouth on the point upchucking the remains of her last several meals. But her head was clear, clearer than it had been in days. Years perhaps. But even that small reassurance could not blot out the glaring truth: she'd been given something against her own free will.

Poison seemed the most likely concoction.

She leaped from the bed, only to land sprawled on the floor, her legs unwilling to hold her own weight.
  #24 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2010, 10:48 PM

Xalic started in surprise as the female jumped out of the bed and sprawled on the floor in a heap. Jumpy a bit, isn't she? Cryia asked with a mental chuckle.

You are not helping at the moment! Xalic responded curtly. Rising quickly after the split second mental exchange, he rushed over to the females side to assist her.

"Easy there. The Detoxification Draught I gave you might not have had time to fully work and your lower half may be still...er...drunk. I just didn't want you to wake up with a massive hangover is all. It's the least I could do for one of my own blood no?" The famale looked at Xalic like he was rambling in a foreign language. "Anyway, My name is Xalic. May I help you rise?" He held out his right hand.
  #25 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Banned User
Steam ID: sircalibur
View Posts: 2,560

Karen stared at the hand for several seconds before accepting it, allowing him to pull her into a wobbly standing position. The moment she was stable, she withdrew her hand, wiping it on her pants. "Thank you." She spoke without emotion before beginning a shaky walk towards the door.
Last Edited by American Soldier; 04-28-2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Come and get it!
View Posts: 1,898

I peered down on the man from the tree. He seemed like he really wanted to help, but that had happened before, and it was a trap, so I wasn't taking any chances. Though this man...... I couldn't place it, but there was something about the man that was calming. A slight magic in his eyes, but it might not be slight. I suddenly went stock still when I broke a branch and it landed almost on the man.

#27 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2010, 05:07 PM
*ahem*

Cale was startled as the branch fell down on top of him. It put a short scrape on Cale's, arm.

Getting leaves and small twigs untangled from his hair, he looked up. "Y'know, its not very smart to jump around in trees. There's probably a bush somewhere around here you could've hid in. Also, I'm not looking for you with bad intentions. I'm just worried. A boy your age shouldn't be wandering around by himself. Are you hurt? My bag is at the inn, and I have medical supplies there. If you're hurt, tell me, and I'll gladly help you."
Last Edited by Yew; 05-01-2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-29-2010, 07:15 PM

Xalic stared for a moment at the woman's strange behavior as she started tottering away towards the door. "Wait, you forgot your key." He placed it in her hand when she paused for a moment. "I am going to be in town for a couple days. If you need something don't be afraid to ask me, ok?" With a smile and a short bow, he walked past her and out the door.

Well weren't you just the gentleman. Cryia said, sounding slightly miffed.

I'm sorry I was so short with you, but I don't see one of my people very often now do I? He thought back. Now I just need to catch up to Cale. I guess I better head back to room 7. Turning to his left, he walked toward the now vacant room 7. Reaching it in short order he inspected the window that the boy and Cale had exited from. It was only a 6 foot drop to the ground, and he could see the small light prints of a child sized being, and the larger boot imprint from Cale. Lucky for Xalic, the side of the inn the room was on didn't get barely any traffic so the prints weren't disturbed.

Xalic followed the general direction that the prints provided to a gate leading out of town to the west. Soon he reached a forest and followed the path that was marked with the footprints of Cale and the child. About five minutes in he rounded a bend and lo and behold, there were the ones he was looking for, Cale in the middle of the path, and the child up in a tree of all places. "Ah, Cale. I'm glad I found you. Sorry it took me so long. So have you figured out wh-" A crackling noise from their left sounded through the suddenly silent forest. "I don't think we are alone anymore." Xalic whispered to the others before removing the crossbow that was strapped to his back.
Last Edited by Re Dei Draghi; 05-11-2010 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Come and get it!

OoC:I think you both misunderstood. The branch almost fell on Cale, not Tarok.

Last Edited by Haagar212; 04-30-2010 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-30-2010, 08:23 PM

OoC: I know. Xalic arrived after they had gotten up anyways. The crackling noise was not from the branch that Tarok was on, but from something else in the forest. And Cale was pulling leaves and twigs out of his hair, so I think (I am You) understood as well.
  #31 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 01:27 PM
*ahem*

OoC: I got it fixed. Silly me DX.
  #32 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Come and get it!

OoC:It's all good. It just seemed you both misunderstood.

BiC: "You guys don't give up, do you?" What other possible reason could there have been or them to follow me? "You've tried this trick once already, Letrin. Don't think I'll fall or it again." I said, as obviously the Kai-Lord has ways of listening to conversations.

#33 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2010, 07:24 PM
*ahem*

OoC: Try to elaborate a bit more on his thoughts. Why does he think they're following him?

BiC: "Huh?" said Cale, a puzzled expression on his face. "I'm afraid I don't understand. I don't know anyone named Letrin. My name is Cale. This is Xalic. We're worried about you."
  #34 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Come and get it!

"There is no one with that good of a heart in this dimension." I snapped. Letrin hated my parents, and therefor hated me. Inherited hatred was the worst. "You people act like this all the time. Why don't you just give me a break?"

#35 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2010, 01:15 PM

Xalic looked off into the trees, trying to spot whatever it was that had snapped the branch, only half his attention on the conversation between the child and Cale. Chances are that it was just some forest creature, but years of demon hunting had taught him the way of caution and preparedness. Spotting nothing, he turned to the other two and brought his attention to the matter at hand. "You people act like this all the time. Why don't you just give me a break?" The child snapped at Cale.

This just served to irk Xalic. All we were trying to do was help, and here he is accusing us of hunting him or somesuch thing. Xalic thought bitterly. "Look kid, I don't know who this Letrin is, or why you think we are working for him, but all we were trying to do was help you. If I wished ill for you, I would have just let that drunk at the inn thrash you. As it is, I recognize a lost cause when I see one. It is obvious you wish to be left alone, and that is what I will do. I cannot speak for Cale however." Xalic looked at the traveler. "Well? Shall we leave him to his own devices? It is pretty obvious he does not want our help."
Last Edited by Re Dei Draghi; 05-11-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Come and get it!

OoC: Levi, I am the one who broke the branch and I am still up in the tree.

BiC: These people...... I had just barely gotten away from being captures, so I was definitely a bit on edge. What if they really were just trying to help? "Alright. It goes against my better judgement, but I am a little on edge and am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I just don't want to be gagged when I wake up or have a sword blade in my back." I said, the edge out of my voice.

#37 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 PM
*ahem*

"You won't be sorry for trusting us," said Cale. "We should go back to the inn. I'd like to know why your parents aren't with you, and why you're traveling like this," said Cale. After saying this, a thought rushed into his head. "Xalic, did you take care of the woman from the inn? Is she okay," he asked. When he had finally finished worrying about one person, something else came up. Of course, it wasn't the universe's fault, it was his own. He knew this perfectly well, and felt a little good about always being concerned for someone. He was a bit disconcerted that Tarok still didn't trust him much, but he couldn't have everything.

BA Stuff
  #38 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2010, 07:44 PM

OoC: Oops, I thought the branch that had broke was the one Tarok was standing on. Thats why I thought he was on the ground.

BiC: "Yeah I took care of her. Its amazing what a simple detox potion will do for drunkenness." Xalic gave a crooked smile at those words. Whether the others knew it or not, he was talking from experience on that issue. "Anyway, she went on her merry way with barely a thank you, but I guess you can't win them all. I'm up for going to the inn, it has surely been an interesting day." Xalic looked up in the tree to the branch where Tarok was crouched. "Will you join us my young friend?"
  #39 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Come and get it!

OoC: It's all good!

Bic: "I would guess." I said, jumping down onto the ground, with my knees bent. "I can answer your questions right now, if you'd like."

#40 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-15-2010, 01:38 PM
*ahem*

"No, that's fine. I'd prefer for us to be in a more comfortable environment," said Cale. "So, shall we go back?"

BA Stuff