Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ

Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1001 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Blacker than the blackest black times infinity
Send a message via AIM to Black Send a message via Yahoo to Black Send a message via Skype™ to Black
Steam ID: Tacheonblack

View Posts: 5,350
Re: The OoC Thread: KABOOOOOOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Goodfellow View Post
Not Allowed = More Feedom.

SAY WHAAAAAAT?!?
Elaborate, please.
  #1002 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:27 PM
When responsibility knocks... run out the back door. JK
Send a message via AIM to Catriana
View Posts: 424

<.< I'll stick with BA. I don't have time for two sites, and am still learning how to do stuff on this one. Is Flue around?? I want to ask him a question.
  #1003 (permalink)   [ ]
Forgotten Master
View Posts: 7,252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Andreas View Post
The risk of having a character die adds thrill, and excitment. Not that I want my characters dead, but it's something that would apeal to others. No one here really dies. They just die in a battle, but are back the next day.

And the shops provide weapons and equipment your chararcter is otherwise not allowed to carry.

The character can be resubmitted, but they lose any items obtain from shops, trials, and other such things. They basically start over again.
Starting over again isn't fun.
  #1004 (permalink)   [ ]
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Lysis
Steam ID: lysate 3DS ID: ❤❤❤❤ if I'm gonna write down this whole damn thing, PM me or something.
View Posts: 19,713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Meh, another RP forum? Why bother when we've got ZU? I need at least one good reason.

And... advertising other sites isn't really allowed here.
I'm not advertising, I was giving Fluesopp a link, like he asked.

also, you should join because it's Tacheon's forum. That's all the reason you need.
Last Edited by Lysis; 04-10-2009 at 04:28 PM. Reason:
  #1005 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Send a message via AIM to Black Send a message via Yahoo to Black Send a message via Skype™ to Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikuvillain View Post
Starting over again isn't fun.
Your character will still hold onto any previous connections with characters, and the only time that you character could be "destroyed" is when you attempt the "Gauntlet", a purely optional preset battle condition that, if your character survives, will grant access to special sections of the Warzone. Seriously, don't get too against it before you've even had a chance to look it over and try it out.

Click it, join it, give it a shot, see what it's about. I mean, it's still highly experimental, so many of the kinks (the ramifications of failing the gauntlet, for one) will be changed depending on public reaction. Also, two of my Warlords recently crapped out on me, so I need more anyhow, so if you're interested, let me know.
  #1006 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Burning hooves means Littlepip is watching...
Send a message via AIM to Puck
View Posts: 15,588

I shall Elaborate.

It was said this fourm has "More Freedom" in the very next breath Darius says their are items characetrs are "not allowed" to have certain items unless they are bought in shops. Where exactly does one get freedom from this?
  #1007 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Have you ever died and thought to yourself: "Why am I still thinking?"
Send a message via AIM to Quark Send a message via Skype™ to Quark
Steam ID: koolgool

View Posts: 28,711

Quote:
The risk of having a character die adds thrill, and excitment. Not that I want my characters dead, but it's something that would apeal to others. No one here really dies. They just die in a battle, but are back the next day.
Not necessarily. Characters have died here that have never come back. I'd planned out death scenes for most of my old characters, but I never got around to them because I felt the need to start from scratch.

Quote:
And the shops provide weapons and equipment your chararcter is otherwise not allowed to carry.
Are you kidding? ;P So many characters are practically intertwined with their weapons. If I wanted to play an RPG video game, I'd play an RPG video game, there's no sense on putting restrictions that don't need to be placed.

-=========}xxxx[] Denizens of My Brain []xxxx{=========-
{Quark's Intermittent Art Vomitorium}
  #1008 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM
When responsibility knocks... run out the back door. JK
Send a message via AIM to Catriana
View Posts: 424

... It sounds complicated, but could be fun.

Edit:
Quote:
Are you kidding? ;P So many characters are practically intertwined with their weapons. If I wanted to play an RPG video game, I'd play an RPG video game, there's no sense on putting restrictions that don't need to be placed.
I dunno. The longer you RPed the better you character would get, which is a cool idea.
Last Edited by Catriana; 04-10-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason:
  #1009 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I shall Elaborate.

It was said this fourm has "More Freedom" in the very next breath Darius says their are items characetrs are "not allowed" to have certain items unless they are bought in shops. Where exactly does one get freedom from this?
I honestly think that "more freedom" may have been misleading on Darius' part. Keep in mind that great freedoms and great restrictions go hand in hand; it's how balance is kept. Think of it this way: if someone applied for a character with a tactical nuclear missile launcher (and ammo, of course), you'd make sure they it was either supremely watered down, or you wouldn't allow it. Right?

Same here-- it just that once they have earned enough "honor" (the currency of the realm), they have access to other, more powerful weapons. Keep in mind that others will be accruing honor as well and will, consequently, be getting higher-level items as it is.
  #1010 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Have you ever died and thought to yourself: "Why am I still thinking?"
Send a message via AIM to Quark Send a message via Skype™ to Quark
Steam ID: koolgool

View Posts: 28,711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy Jones View Post
Click it, join it, give it a shot, see what it's about. I mean, it's still highly experimental, so many of the kinks (the ramifications of failing the gauntlet, for one) will be changed depending on public reaction. Also, two of my Warlords recently crapped out on me, so I need more anyhow, so if you're interested, let me know.
Again...

IT'S AGAINST THE RULES TO ADVERTISE IN HERE

-=========}xxxx[] Denizens of My Brain []xxxx{=========-
{Quark's Intermittent Art Vomitorium}
Last Edited by Quark; 04-10-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason:
  #1011 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Forgotten Master

Quote:
Your character will still hold onto any previous connections with characters, and the only time that you character could be "destroyed" is when you attempt the "Gauntlet", a purely optional preset battle condition that, if your character survives, will grant access to special sections of the Warzone. Seriously, don't get too against it before you've even had a chance to look it over and try it out.

??? So, your starting over, but everyone who you still? How is that starting over or dieing?
  #1012 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark View Post
Again...

IT'S AGAINST THE RULES TO ADVERTISE IN HERE
I'm merely defending myself by providing evidence, not advertising.

Quote:
??? So, your starting over, but everyone who you still? How is that starting over or dieing?
Again, glitches are being worked out. Think of it more as having everything that wasn't in your original character's repertoire be confiscated if you fail.
  #1013 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I honestly think that "more freedom" may have been misleading on Darius' part. Keep in mind that great freedoms and great restrictions go hand in hand; it's how balance is kept. Think of it this way: if someone applied for a character with a tactical nuclear missile launcher (and ammo, of course), you'd make sure they it was either supremely watered down, or you wouldn't allow it. Right?

Same here-- it just that once they have earned enough "honor" (the currency of the realm), they have access to other, more powerful weapons. Keep in mind that others will be accruing honor as well and will, consequently, be getting higher-level items as it is.
honor? That is just a little bit silly? All this restrictions I would prolly go insane, i mean people should be allowed to let their chaarcters move forward as they please as long as they aren't not abusing their characters. Honestly I think this whole idea is stupid, pardon my french.
  #1014 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Forgotten Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catriana View Post

Edit:
I dunno. The longer you RPed the better you character would get, which is a cool idea.
You can do that here. That how Nikudemon got so strong. I used him and got stronger, but I used my own ideas for upgrades.

Quote:
I'm merely defending myself by providing evidence, not advertising.

Again, glitches are being worked out. Think of it more as having everything that wasn't in your original character's repertoire be confiscated if you fail.
Sooo... You were going for a video game type of restart and failed. Because even if I was to think of it as going back to what my character had. He didn't have those friends or foes that still know him.
  #1015 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Tomorrow is a new day. Why let it be the same as the day before?
Send a message via AIM to Ciroton Send a message via Skype™ to Ciroton
View Posts: 14,784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catriana View Post

Edit:
Yes, but if you lost, then you'd be back at square one.

Now ladies and germs, while discussion of it is not against the rules, blatent advertising is. Jones has done that a couple of times in the past, but none so far into the converstaion that I can see.

(Forgot who made the sig. Sorry. =/)

Voices from the back of my mind~!
Last Edited by Ciroton; 04-10-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason:
  #1016 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
honor? That is just a little bit silly? All this restrictions I would prolly go insane, i mean people should be allowed to let their chaarcters move forward as they please as long as they aren't not abusing their characters. Honestly I think this whole idea is stupid, pardon my french.
Well **** you, then, you can have your opinions, but don't call me stupid. I see where you're coming from, but it's things like this that make me want to branch off and create my own roleplaying forum... no one on the BA council is open to anyone's ideas but their own.

Quote:
Sooo... You were going for a video game type of restart and failed. Because even if I was to think of it as going back to what my character had. He didn't have those friends or foes that still know him.
Very well, I give up. But to those of you interested, the link is in my signature. I never said it was for everyone.
  #1017 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:47 PM

I didn't call you stupid, I said I thought the idea was. Don't go blaming the council, I am an Ass by my own volition, the council ain't got nothing to do with it.
  #1018 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Forgotten Master

Quote:
Well **** you, then, you can have your opinions, but don't call me stupid. I see where you're coming from, but it's things like this that make me want to branch off and create my own roleplaying forum... no one on the BA council is open to anyone's ideas but their own.

Very well, I give up. But to those of you interested, the link is in my signature. I never said it was for everyone.
Cold one to the council. You know that one councilor doesn't speak for all, right? Anyway, I'm not against the idea, just I see a problem with it.
  #1019 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I didn't call you stupid, I said I thought the idea was. Don't go blaming the council, I am an Ass by my own volition, the council ain't got nothing to do with it.
You would do well to realize that your actions reflect upon the Council as a whole.

And still, whether you're insulting me or my ideas, it's still in extremely poor taste.

Quote:
Cold one to the council. You know that one councilor doesn't speak for all, right? Anyway, I'm not against the idea, just I see a problem with it.
I realize that I lashed out, but as I stated above...

And if there's a problem, help fix it. I'm not infallible, and I'm more than willing to acquiesce to whatever changes would make the place doable.
  #1020 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Tomorrow is a new day. Why let it be the same as the day before?
Send a message via AIM to Ciroton Send a message via Skype™ to Ciroton
View Posts: 14,784

Okay guys, before this evolves into any kind of flaming...

SHUT UP.

I propose we now discuss cake.

Go.

(Forgot who made the sig. Sorry. =/)

Voices from the back of my mind~!
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, base, bawiki, belong, blasphemy, burn, cpr, curse, dons, express, hat, let there be a mod, mod, ooc, perform, pope, quick, shot, silver frying pan, sparklepire, totally, turn, vomiting, voting, waiting