Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#6861 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 11:43 AM
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE FISH
Send a message via Skype™ to SacredSturgeon

View Posts: 22,661
Re: OoC Thread XXIII: The Tournament shall begin soon! Check out the Events Hall for details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaney View Post
There was this really friendly person who wanted to join the BA a long while back, and I recommend she take a look at some characters as examples. I showed her mine and she exploded.

Apparently she was a strict Christian.
Who was it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryder Aedernis View Post
I've been working on a character lately in my free time. I'm pretty excited about his completion. He's been sitting on the bench for a long, long time now. The problem is he's pretty...ineffective when compared to most BA characters so I'm still debating whether or not he's suitable for this place.
How effective is he? Phantasmo's pretty ineffective and he gets along just fine. :3
  #6862 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Bang bang! Down down!
Send a message via AIM to insaney Send a message via Skype™ to insaney
Steam ID: etherwinterrain 3DS ID: 4742 5819 4763
View Posts: 27,443
Re: OoC Thread XXIII: The Tournament shall begin soon! Check out the Events Hall for details!

Ineffective in terms of power? That doesn't/shouldn't matter. You're not going to be throwing him into battles or anything are you?
  #6863 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Reach out to the truth.
Send a message via AIM to Brotagonist Send a message via Skype™ to Brotagonist
Steam ID: wolfennights

View Posts: 17,651

Quote:
The entire metaseries.
Metaseries?

*wikis*

Quote:
Most games in the series feature nonlinear gameplay offering freedom of choice between branching paths and multiple endings, a conversation system allowing players to engage enemies in conversation, the ability to use or capture monsters, and a moral alignment system.[1]
It sounds very CRPGish compared to Final Fantasy and other JRPG's. The early ones even feature the first person perspective that pre-Diablo CRPG's had.

Tumblr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
I read "therapist" as "goat".
  #6864 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Don't underestimate me.

View Posts: 14,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredSturgeon View Post
How effective is he? Phantasmo's pretty ineffective and he gets along just fine. :3
Quote:
Ineffective in terms of power? That doesn't/shouldn't matter. You're not going to be throwing him into battles or anything are you?
He's a human soldier from a universe where magic and monsters don't exist. I like him as a character, and I've used him before successfully, but in completely different settings than the typical BA scenario. His universe is in fact our own, but set in the future.
  #6865 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Bang bang! Down down!

^ My character, Cypher, is this. Futuristic soldier, type guy. Who's using basically an experimental suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jack View Post
Metaseries?

*wikis*

It sounds very CRPGish compared to Final Fantasy and other JRPG's. The early ones even feature the first person perspective that pre-Diablo CRPG's had.
The metaseries consists of mainline Shin Megami Tensei games (SMT 1, SMT 2, SMT 3: Nocturne, SMT 4: Strange Journey). SMT1, 2 and 4 are first person dungeon crawlers. SMT3 is third person, but in NG+ I believe there's an option to switch to first by pressing select.

Then there are the spinoff games; Persona series, Digital Devil Saga duology, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor and probably a few more.

Every one of the games have multiple endings, except for the Digital Devil Saga duology. Usually the endings are like Bad, Good, Best (Persona), but most of them focus on Law, Neutral and Chaos.

SMT: Nocturne, however, has six entirely different endings. Five of which are determined my dialogue choices throughout the story. The sixth is made if you reach the final floor of the side dungeon (Amala Labyrinth) and it overrides all your decisions (it's considered the "true" ending). SMT: Nocturne also has DMC2 Dante as a guest star character and can be recruited way later on.

My personal favourites are SMT: Nocturne, Persona 4 and Devil Summoner 2.
Last Edited by insaney; 05-10-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason:
  #6866 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Don't underestimate me.

Is that the one with the ARC suit? I remember talking to you about that a while back, lol.
  #6867 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Bang bang! Down down!

Yes, that's him.
  #6868 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:42 PM
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE FISH
Send a message via Skype™ to SacredSturgeon

View Posts: 22,661

Quote:
He's a human soldier from a universe where magic and monsters don't exist. I like him as a character, and I've used him before successfully, but in completely different settings than the typical BA scenario. His universe is in fact our own, but set in the future.
That doesn't sound ineffective to me. Assuming he has a gun and knows how to use it, he'd easily keep up if not outperform every character I've RP'd with so far.

In unrelated news: 'saney's Death Note swimming lessons sig just came up. It's glorious. :3
  #6869 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Don't underestimate me.

Quote:
Yes, that's him.
Haha, the guy I'm talking about is the one with an ARC suit too. >.< Though it's totally different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredSturgeon View Post
That doesn't sound ineffective to me. Assuming he has a gun and knows how to use it, he'd easily keep up if not outperform every character I've RP'd with so far.
He does have one, and he's good with it, but a lot of the characters I've come across in the BA have various powers and defences that make guns fairly ineffective. (My characters would all be susceptible to damage from a gun, just as they would a sword. But a lot of characters I can think of don't have the same limitations.)
  #6870 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Bang bang! Down down!

Quote:
Haha, the guy I'm talking about is the one with an ARC suit too. >.< Though it's totally different.
Well it's cool, invite him in.

I mean, take a look at Tracey and Phantasmo; they can't keep up with the more powerful characters, but they get their share of proper action.
  #6871 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Don't underestimate me.

That's true. I've used him before and I do like him. I'll probably do it anyway, it'll just be difficult to integrate him with other characters I guess.
  #6872 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Bang bang! Down down!

I think it depends entirely on the other characters themselves, and there are a variety of them.
  #6873 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
View Posts: 18,998

I have invented various character concepts over the years that never got brought into the BA...largely because I often do not like the 'lets throw our disparate characters & universes together and go at it!' setup that usually occurs with that. Though, I did at least import computer-brain into the BA, even if I've only used him maybe once here.

The VCR is more my style, but I haven't gotten involved in that.
  #6874 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Guardian Dragon Guardian Dragon is a male United States Guardian Dragon is offline
Can you see me now? Standing here in this place.
Send a message via AIM to Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flueworks View Post
Another IC thread? Isn't there enough already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drammor View Post
Try http://www.zeldauniverse.net/forums/...en-to-all.html instead. It's already there, and seems pretty close to the same concept, from face value.
It's probably rather similar, I'll have to check it out. =o

Crossworlds Cafe is more of an organization-run-inter-dimensional-rally-point. idk lol

Still gotta finish my character, didn't really touch it yesterday, but it's not like I'm on a deadline. =3

Artemis - Rampant Waters
"Those who try and fail, learn, and those who learn how to try again, do so, because they believe they may someday succeed."
  #6875 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 01:46 PM
The Dapper Dragon
Send a message via Skype™ to Flue

View Posts: 6,368

Insaney, from where is that sig with all the tanks and gattling guns, and the big tank running over another tank?
  #6876 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 02:03 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Lysis
Steam ID: lysate 3DS ID: ❤❤❤❤ if I'm gonna write down this whole damn thing, PM me or something.
View Posts: 19,713

Quote:
No, the idea was more suited to the BA. It would still follow the same guidelines, rules and regs; the main difference was that the profile would require less detail and info than typical characters. It'd be somewhere between the PC and NPC profiles, and it would still need to be approved by the Council. I ran up a few templates which worked pretty well.
I'm just saying, the VCR is quite a lot like what you're describing, a place where characters are developed to suit the RP, they don't necessarily have to be as in-depth as regular BA character profiles, and they can be used for one RP or a series of RPs and then discarded.

Quote:
Yeah. My idea was that the RPs would have been on a smaller scale than Prydden, and on topics that were generally more fun and generally less involved. I'd hoped that would prevent such stagnation.

But ah welp. Maybe some day in the future I might propose it once more.
I mean right here you basically literally describe the VCR again. The only real difference is that instead of having the Council approve characters (which, come on, takes forever) you set your own rules and limitations, suited specifically to the RP you're making, and approve character submissions yourself.

you should totally check it out sometime, you'd probably like it. :>
  #6877 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Guardian Dragon Guardian Dragon is a male United States Guardian Dragon is offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyarlko View Post

I mean right here you basically literally describe the VCR again. The only real difference is that instead of having the Council approve characters (which, come on, takes forever) you set your own rules and limitations, suited specifically to the RP you're making, and approve character submissions yourself.
:>
Sounds like RP threads on Gaia Online. =P

Artemis - Rampant Waters
"Those who try and fail, learn, and those who learn how to try again, do so, because they believe they may someday succeed."
  #6878 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Though blood floods the ground, the mountain is unmoved
Send a message via AIM to Dybia Send a message via Skype™ to Dybia
View Posts: 4,192

Quote:
^ My character, Cypher, is this. Futuristic soldier, type guy. Who's using basically an experimental suit.

The metaseries consists of mainline Shin Megami Tensei games (SMT 1, SMT 2, SMT 3: Nocturne, SMT 4: Strange Journey). SMT1, 2 and 4 are first person dungeon crawlers. SMT3 is third person, but in NG+ I believe there's an option to switch to first by pressing select.

Then there are the spinoff games; Persona series, Digital Devil Saga duology, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor and probably a few more.

Every one of the games have multiple endings, except for the Digital Devil Saga duology. Usually the endings are like Bad, Good, Best (Persona), but most of them focus on Law, Neutral and Chaos.

SMT: Nocturne, however, has six entirely different endings. Five of which are determined my dialogue choices throughout the story. The sixth is made if you reach the final floor of the side dungeon (Amala Labyrinth) and it overrides all your decisions (it's considered the "true" ending). SMT: Nocturne also has DMC2 Dante as a guest star character and can be recruited way later on.

My personal favourites are SMT: Nocturne, Persona 4 and Devil Summoner 2.
My favorites were P4 and Strange Journey. Besides his stupid sacrifice at the beginning of the game, I liked Commander Gore. For a large black man with an intimidating name, he was honestly the most pleasant member of the crew on the Red Sprite.

Spoiler:  

Looks good for a zombie too.

BA Characters
| | Charlie "Angel" Duval | The Caretaker
Sprites by Lady Knives
  #6879 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Don't underestimate me.

Maybe someday I will. Right now, though, I don't even have the capacity to RP here really.
  #6880 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Do I really need to list likes, dislikes, fears, virtues, and vices? o_o;

Artemis - Rampant Waters
Closed Thread

Tags
aero dalton imperial ++, bowser's big blast, cirotony croutons, drammor's butt emporium, hh hoohas, nayru is best pony, puck pickles, quarkly quandaries, quarkly quips, sakume snuggles, shrubbery seeds, snuggleburg owns the, super aiko car, super aiko car ++