Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
Closed Thread
$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#6781 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Guardian Dragon Guardian Dragon is a male United States Guardian Dragon is offline
Can you see me now? Standing here in this place.
Send a message via AIM to Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,809
Re: OoC Thread XXIII: The Tournament shall begin soon! Check out the Events Hall for details!

Nobody cares about my character happeningz? D8< Fine, be that way.

Artemis - Rampant Waters
"Those who try and fail, learn, and those who learn how to try again, do so, because they believe they may someday succeed."
  #6782 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Web Head
View Posts: 7,596
Re: OoC Thread XXIII: The Tournament shall begin soon! Check out the Events Hall for details!

GD, you do this every time. You come back, say you're working on a new character, stick around for maybe a week while complaining that no one is paying attention to you, and leave for another 6 months/year
  #6783 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Storykeeper

View Posts: 1,864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Dragon View Post
Nobody cares about my character happeningz? D8< Fine, be that way.
I cared enough to start looking into ideas for ice magic, but I didn't have enough time to say anything before it seemed like you were finished.

I) is right, though. I've seen you come around twice in the past, and I tried to RP with on both occasions. If you're still here at this time next week, then by that time I think you'll see a lot more interest. Stick with it and things will work out. Trust me.
  #6784 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 AM
Guardian Dragon Guardian Dragon is a male United States Guardian Dragon is offline
Can you see me now? Standing here in this place.
Send a message via AIM to Guardian Dragon
View Posts: 2,809

xD I'm not going to lie that is true.

However this time I seriously have come further. =D
But anyway, yeah. The character should be done tomorrow, maybe the next day, it depends. Coming up with her abilities and such sorta dragged on for a bit, but getting there.

Artemis - Rampant Waters
"Those who try and fail, learn, and those who learn how to try again, do so, because they believe they may someday succeed."
  #6785 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:01 AM
And that's the Dandy way to live, baby!
Send a message via AIM to Altamira Send a message via Skype™ to Altamira
3DS ID: 0490-5369-0518

View Posts: 18,002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Dragon View Post
xD I'm not going to lie that is true.

However this time I seriously have come further. =D
But anyway, yeah. The character should be done tomorrow, maybe the next day, it depends. Coming up with her abilities and such sorta dragged on for a bit, but getting there.
I made my first character over six years ago. I still have that character.

When I first wrote her, I knew hardly anyone here, with the exception of maybe one or two people. RPs were often rather slow-going, shaky. People dropped out of them for their own reasons and I was left to my own a lot, or with half-finished plots. I had about one finished RP under my belt for every four or so not. I enrolled in the Dome and that lasted a while before my teacher left. Then that was finished and I still barely knew anyone. I persisted, because I really liked writing with others and I liked my character and had ideas for her future. I had fun fleshing out her personality and history more, learning new things about her, how to write new things.

Still no one paid much attention to me. I got a job as a TA for a mostly dead homeroom and had three awesome students. We did a joint assignment RP together. I was teaching people when I'd barely RPed much here myself. Seemed wrong, but I kept at it because I loved writing with them and it was a chance to do so. Stuck with it, and eventually met Zorolo, who was pretty popular at the time in the BA (still are, big Z man. )

He was nice enough to RP with me. I had a few characters by then. Still plunking along. For whatever reason, he had fun with me, and kept at it. We RPed with one of my students more. I tried a few more RPs with the two others too. Things went from there. I just kept writing and enjoying it and eventually that got people interested in writing with me. They maybe saw something in my threads that made them think it could be fun to write with me too, or they liked my characters, or what have you.

That character I made six years ago and kept sticking with, even if things got dropped, is Cadenza. Who, I'm not going to boast, but I'm not going to lie either, is probably one of the best-known characters in the BA. She's had over 75 RP threads. And counting. Won awards, if you wanna place any stock in that. And that was all through enthusiasm and persistence and the love of writing/rping just for the act itself, even if no one was paying attention.

I guess my point is: stick with it. Don't dump characters so soon and keep trying. ^^ Eventually, it might get you somewhere.
  #6786 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:17 AM
The Dapper Dragon
Send a message via Skype™ to Flue

View Posts: 6,364

Good advice. The BA is not only about powers and fights and adventures and such, it's about the evolution of the characters over time.

If you find out that you don't like the character you have written, make him evolve into something you would like. That's what it's all about, at the very bottom.

I'll RP with you, GD, if you finish your character, if you want.
Battle or "crossroads"?

Also, where has niku gone? He needs to post in Escape From The Deadly Warzone.
1 person liked this post: Altamira
  #6787 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Halcyon Hero Halcyon Hero is a male United States Halcyon Hero is offline
View Posts: 16,524

I'm proud to say that I was the first person to RP with Z. Back in the days when I had rapid fire posting abilities and actually finished threads. Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaney View Post
Well I agree with you there. They did show the teamwork.

I don't know why but one part stuck out to me. When Hulk jammed the piece of metal into the back of the... thing. And then Thor hammered it down.

I don't know why that did stick out. But it was pretty cool.
That scene really struck me too. It was just so awesome.

#6788 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:43 AM

You were also one of the first people ever to RP with me, Haly, although the thread never finished. It was Kashet with Cadenza.
  #6789 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 AM
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
View Posts: 18,998

I think Mirren might've been the first one I RP'd with here, I dunno. It was...almost 9 years ago, so it's hard to be certain. XD
  #6790 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,239

Quote:
Well I agree with you there. They did show the teamwork.

I don't know why but one part stuck out to me. When Hulk jammed the piece of metal into the back of the... thing. And then Thor hammered it down.

I don't know why that did stick out. But it was pretty cool.
Spoiler:  
The fights where they showed the team dynamics was pretty cool. Another thing I liked was when Iron Man shot at Captain America's shield and redirected his blast.

There was one scene where Thor and Captain were surrounded, and I was 99% sure that they were going to do that shockwave thing that they accidentally discovered in the forest scene. I was kinda disappointed that it didn't happen. :/

However I felt that Hulk punching Thor made up for it.

On the topic of early roleplays, unfortunately it took five years to get my character approved so I'm a bit of a late bloomer.
Last Edited by Jaime Lannister; 05-09-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason:
1 person liked this post: Quark
  #6791 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 AM
It's a ribbon!
Send a message via AIM to insaney Send a message via Skype™ to insaney
Steam ID: etherwinterrain 3DS ID: 4742 5819 4763
View Posts: 27,429

I also made characters and dumped them. And when I decided to stick with the ones I made, I got Rain and Raisha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamzee View Post
Spoiler:  
The fights where they showed the team dynamics was pretty cool. Another thing I liked was when Iron Man shot at Captain America's shield and redirected his blast.

There was one scene where Thor and Captain were surrounded, and I was 99% sure that they were going to do that shockwave thing that they accidentally discovered in the forest scene. I was kinda disappointed that it didn't happen. :/

However I felt that Hulk punching Thor made up for it.
Haha that part. I loved it. Literally just off the screen. Also liked how the fight between Thor and Hulk on the helicarrier showcased their strength as being equals. I was half expecting Hulk to pick up Mjolnir because I believe he actually did in one of the comics or cartoons
1 person liked this post: Altamira
  #6792 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
I think Mirren might've been the first one I RP'd with here, I dunno. It was...almost 9 years ago, so it's hard to be certain. XD
Aw, I miss that dude. xD

Either Gracie or Ranarath and Angel were the first people to RP with me here.
  #6793 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
The world begins with you.
Send a message via Skype™ to Tohopekaliga
View Posts: 18,998

Mirren's still around, just not in the BA. I saw him post yesterday, I think. (He's Jeff.)
  #6794 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
Don't underestimate me.
View Posts: 14,116

I actually joined ZU to post Balthazar, my first character. He's still my favourite to write with.
  #6795 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tohopekaliga View Post
Mirren's still around, just not in the BA. I saw him post yesterday, I think. (He's Jeff.)
Ah, I think I've noticed the name change before. I don't really have much reason to venture out of here these days though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryder Aedernis View Post
I actually joined ZU to post Balthazar, my first character. He's still my favourite to write with.
Balty! <3 I feel the same way about Cadenza, I've grown so much writing with her and her personality, story, etc. have developed so much along the way.
  #6796 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 10:30 AM
It's a ribbon!
Send a message via AIM to insaney Send a message via Skype™ to insaney
Steam ID: etherwinterrain 3DS ID: 4742 5819 4763
View Posts: 27,429

I think I've fallen when it comes to writing my characters :<
  #6797 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 10:30 AM
What if I should fall right through the center of the Earth?
Send a message via AIM to Sakume

View Posts: 4,936

My first character is now retired. They were a pair and were approved by Aex after a lot of shenanigans.
  #6798 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I think I've fallen when it comes to writing my characters :<
Hey, sometimes there are off periods. :< Or just off threads or maybe the situation just didn't work or who knows. I still think you do well, for what it's worth.
  #6799 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Have you ever died and thought to yourself: "Why am I still thinking?"
Send a message via AIM to Quark Send a message via Skype™ to Quark
Steam ID: koolgool

View Posts: 28,715

Quote:
Haha that part. I loved it. Literally just off the screen. Also liked how the fight between Thor and Hulk on the helicarrier showcased their strength as being equals. I was half expecting Hulk to pick up Mjolnir because I believe he actually did in one of the comics or cartoons
Hulk, physically speaking, is stronger than Thor. The reason he couldn't lift Mjolnir is because only Thor can lift it (well, him and like... one or two other people I think). Even though the Hulk's strength is practically immeasurable, it couldn't quite beat Mjolnir's magic.

Hulk is strongest there is! :>

-=========}xxxx[] Denizens of My Brain []xxxx{=========-
{Quark's Intermittent Art Vomitorium}
1 person liked this post: I)ragon
  #6800 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Halcyon Hero Halcyon Hero is a male United States Halcyon Hero is offline
View Posts: 16,524

I remember being in a pirate RP with Gracie and some others. That was fun.

And I still use my very first character. Ah, Skif, how far we've come. And then fell. But are steadily rising again.

I also remember wanting to punch Shade in the face when I posted my second (I think) character. He accused me off blatantly ripping off his character (whom I'd never seen before).

I also fought niku in his first RP, and Puck as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
aero dalton imperial ++, bowser's big blast, cirotony croutons, drammor's butt emporium, hh hoohas, nayru is best pony, puck pickles, quarkly quandaries, quarkly quips, sakume snuggles, shrubbery seeds, snuggleburg owns the, super aiko car, super aiko car ++