Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 46
[Power Shot] Xeeros's Training

Xeeros found himself walking along a road that was seemingly endless. Tired, hungry, and weak, he pushed onward hoping to come across any sign of civilized life. It had begun to rain about an hour back, or so he thought. The leaves were so thick here that little if any sunlight was allowed through. In this place there was no sense of time, and he knew that there was no turning back.

He came across a weathered sign in the road, but the seasons had obviously been harsh. He could not read a single word that the sign said. He didn't know how much longer he could go on like this, and he didn't know where he was or how long he had been here. All he knew is that his only hope lied in finding a colonized area. He was beginning to run low on supplies, and figured that at this rate the supplies he did have would only last three or four more days. He decided to set camp, but first he needed to find decent cover. Xeeros had been hearing things in the woods, and he had a feeling it wasn't his imagination. He didn't like it. When he had finally found a good place to set up camp, he kindled a fire hoping that it would ward off the creatures.

He fell asleep, but not for long. He soon awoke sunlight that had found its way through the thick canopy that was covering this forest.

"Hmph.. that's a sight I haven't seen in a while." he said to himself, while what little sunlight there was was warming his skin. It feels good... I must be getting close to the edge of the forest. he thought, a grin taking form at the corner of his lips.

He pulled out his pipe, trying to determine how much longer it would take him to reach the forests edge. Xeeros always used his pipe when he was deep in thought, for it calmed his tensed muscles and cleared his mind. He figured that it would take him about 2 more days if his calculations were correct. He decided to let his horse rest for the day, for he wanted to scout the area and possibly find some berries, sparing what little supplies he had left. Xeeros made sure his quiver was loaded, and as he was testing the string of his bow there was a rustle in the bushes to his left.

"Damn!" he said, cursing himself for not catching that sooner. Readying his bow, he caught a glimpse of what had made the noise. A little drake, not much bigger than his hand, had appeared out of the bushes. He took note of the fear in the creatures face. Had the same creature that had been stalking him attempted to prey on this helpless little beast? "Don't worry little guy." said Xeeros as he was reaching for the drake. The creature then crawled up his arm and perched itself on his shoulder. The enemy of the enemy is my friend. he thought. I guess the same holds true, even here.

He found some berries in the bush that the drake had emerged from, and he fed the drake and whatever the drake didn't eat Xeeros packed in the supplies bag. He knew that they had to leave, for whatever the beast was that he had sensed following him, he now knew was a carnivore. He mounted his horse and headed towards the forests edge. He continued this pace for the next few days. He had finally arrived at his destination, which was when he saw it. It was a Dome hidden in the mountains. It had obviously been built to serve a purpose oh so long ago, but it appeared as though it had long been deserted. As Xeeros approached he noticed the overgrowth clinging to its sides. He had seen the thick tangle of vines from his former vantage point, but he had not realized how bad it really was. He dismounted his horse and walked around the Dome a few times, trying to figure out what purpose it had once served. Xeeros noticed a doorway, even though it was covered by the thickest undergrowth he had seen yet . Xeeros was drawn to it, and he didn't know why. It was calling for him. Xeeros felt a sudden urge to enter through the doorway. He couldn't resist it. Before Xeeros knew it he was in a cloud of darkness and did not know how he got there.
Last Edited by Xeeros; 01-05-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-05-2007, 09:31 AM
R.I.P. Trooper- 6/25/94 - 3/7/11

View Posts: 11,963
Re: [Power Shot] Xeeros's Training

Run this through a grammer check, I noticed multiple errors concerning punctuation and a few instances of badly placed capitalization and the repitition of a word.

Fix those things.

Signature by the Sinfully Delicious Lady Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen, about Power Shot
[11:35:27 AM] Anime_Queen says: thing is,
[11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
[11:35:48 AM] Anime_Queen says: quite unfortunate
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-16-2007, 09:12 AM
R.I.P. Trooper- 6/25/94 - 3/7/11

View Posts: 11,963
Re: [Power Shot] Xeeros's Training

Assignment Time!

Your character finds himself shrouded with darkness, trapped in the Maze of Shadows. This is a part of the legendary Dome, though your character does not know it yet. You must press through the Maze, which will combat you in the form of Xeeros' worst nightmare, which will chase you through the Maze, attempting to destroy you. All the while, a strange light shows the way.

Combat and defeat your way through your worst nightmare, and follow the light! 1,000 word minimum.

Signature by the Sinfully Delicious Lady Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen, about Power Shot
[11:35:27 AM] Anime_Queen says: thing is,
[11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
[11:35:48 AM] Anime_Queen says: quite unfortunate

Tags
power, shot, training, xeeros