Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-23-2006, 01:57 PM
Crazy Person
View Posts: 2,863
[Safer] Rorand's Training

OOC: My character, Rorand Terin and Wolven, have their bios and information in the link in my signature.

IC: It was almost dusk when Rorand and Wolven finished their business at the market, but all they could afford was a basket of apples. They shared the little food they had and Rorand refilled his waterskin, also draining some down Wolven's parched throat. They left the humble trading village and headed down a beaten path, proximity to a forest. They went to see if they to gather food from nature.

The autumn sky hung overhead as Rorand and Wolven walked through a forest, exploring and hunting for food. It started to get dark and a low grumble came from Wolven's stomach...

"So... hungry, I'm going to go search for some food... some real food," the starving wolf said.

"Wolven, we don't need to hunt right now, we just ate that bushel of apples," Rorand explained.

"Oh please, that petty rabbit food doesn't please a hunter like me, I require fresh meat that I have earned myself... You should know that," the wolf remarked as he sniffed for a scent.

"You should know... that I'm a vegetarian, I don't kill for the sake of appetite."A low growl emerged from Wolven as he spotted a buck in a clearing ahead.

"Mmm... looks tasty, I'll be right back, hope you don't starve because I'm not sharing!"

Wolven raced forward chasing the deer into a thick dense thicket, ducking and dodging the branches and trees in his way. "I can taste you right now, just a little further little deer!" Rorand wandered around, making sure he could still sense his partner, searching for some edible plants that his father told him how to identify. So far, he only found a berry bush, not even ripe, and a few domestic jade tea herbs.

The wolf was close on the buck's trail, following the scent carefully. Wolven just about reached his prey and leapt forward about to attack. The buck quickly dashed to the left and ran further into the forest and escaped. Wolven stopped frozen in his tracks, in awe of what he was staring at.

"Wolven, what's wrong?" asked Rorand worringly. He made his way through the forest and caught up with the wolf.

"What is that thing?" Wolven asked.

"I don't know..." Rorand said. He paced around it and noticed something engraved into the side.

"The Dome..." He whispered. "What could that mean?" Wolven ignored the question and sniffed around the curved building, searching for a clue or hint.

"I found an entrance over here!" the wolf exclaimed.

They both looked at the exquisite polished marble door as they pushed and it slowly opened, a radiant light emitting from the doorway. Rorand carefully stepped inside the architectural wonder and also gazed in awe... They have arrived at The Dome.

The Inner-Workings of My Weird Mind Coming to Life
Last Edited by Lady Curse; 11-26-2006 at 03:01 AM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 03:56 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!
Send a message via AIM to Safer
View Posts: 3,827
Re: [Safer] Rorand's Training

Excellent, welcome to the Intermediate Class. A link to the Intermediate Assignments is in the first post of my homeroom. Take care of the pre-lesson, and await further instruction. ^^

“There are two types of statistics in the world: Lies, and damn lies.” ~Mark Twain
Simply kickass sig by uǝzoɹɟ.
UPA Chief. Have a puppy, too.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 04:26 PM
Crazy Person

The architectural wonder seemed to wait for them, lurking in the forest, revealing itself when the time was right and now, it couldn’t have been better as the Dome stood tall and wide. There seemed to be no physical way of entering. Wolven sniffed around its perimeter, checking for a hint or a clue.

“I found some sort of door!” Wolven barked as he stood in front of the Dome’s only entrance. Rorand hurried over to Wolven and gazed in awe of what his partner had discovered. An ornate marble, jewel encrusted, door. It was bordered with rubies, sapphires, pearls, and all kinds of precious rocks. But there was no handle, no knob, no conventional way of opening it.

“How do you think we get inside?” Rorand pondered out loud. Wolven sniffed at the door and raised his paw to in, scratching it to try to see if it moved. Not even a budge. Rorand knocked on it, but all he heard was an echo emanating from the door. He shoved, and pushed, and pulled, but the door remained shut. Rorand let out a frustrated sigh and sat on the forest floor, leaves and twigs crushing under him as he examined it closely.

Suddenly, a vertical split slashed down the doorway, completely separating it in perfect symmetry. A figure clad in white emerged from the doorway. It seemed he was basked in pure white light, a white flowing robe, even white hair. He smiled in a calm demeanor and waved his hand as a gesture of welcome. Rorand got to his feet and walked toward the sagacious man.

“Greetings traveling student, I’m Tokumaru Kyô,” he declared.

“I’m Rorand Terin, and this is Wolven, my best friend and partner.” Wolven nodded in agreement.

“I see you’ve made your way to the Dome,” Tokumaru said. “Please, please, come in.”

Rorand and Wolven stepped inside the luxuriously decorated hallway lit by candles, all leading to a room. Rorand and Wolven followed Tokumaru as he led them further down the hallway, their feet echoing on the polished tile below.

“This shall be your room,” Tokumaru pointed as he opened a less ornate door, revealing spacious quarters and a roaring fireplace.

“Thank you sir, but… what exactly is this place?” Rorand asked amazed at their surroundings.

“This… my young friend… is the Dome,” he explained. “This is a traveling trainer’s safest haven, it is a sanctuary for knowledge, a place that has no bounds and reaches everyone from everyhwere, and it is where you will be staying as I train you here, Rorand and Wolven.”

They both had no idea what happened, or what will happen, but they didn’t care. They had entered the Dome.

Last Edited by Lady Curse; 11-26-2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason:
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 04:33 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

Excellent use of Tokumaru! ^^

Move on to Lesson One.

“There are two types of statistics in the world: Lies, and damn lies.” ~Mark Twain
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Crazy Person

OoC: No problem, and will do.

BiC:

Tokumaru waited outside the room while Rorand and Wolven examined their new room. There were paintings of landscapes around the beige colored walls, each framed with intricate golden details. Rorand was about to lie on the soft, stuffed bed when Tokumaru entered the room, knocking first.

“I’m sure you are tired from all your travels, but it is still light outside and I have many places to show you.” he said as he motioned Rorand to follow.

“I’ll stay here, I’m not the one being trained.” Wolven thought aloud.

“On the contrary, even you can benefit from this short trip around the Dome.” Tokumaru stated, smirking causing Rorand to chuckle a bit. Wolven put his head down and followed Rorand placed himself next to Rorand while they followed Tokumaru back down the candle lit hallway.

They advanced pass the hallway and reached a spiraling staircase, the mahogany polished railing seemed to glow in the light. The marble stairs led them down to a vast library.

“This is one of the greatest collections of books, poems, epics, novels, scrolls, and all kind of literature.” Tokumaru proclaimed, his gentle voice echoing throughout the library. Rorand couldn’t see past the towering oak wood bookshelves, filled with books of authors written before his great ancestors were born. That’s a lot for elves, even a half-elf.

“Come you two, I have more to show you,” whispered Tokumaru, respecting the rules of any library.

Rorand and Wolven nodded silently and followed him past the side of the library into an indoor training room. It was filled with iron long swords, padded targets, bronze shields, lances, anything a warrior would need in battle. In the middle of the room was a wooden dummy with several arrows protruding from it and the entire floor was covered with blue mats and a white painted circle for sparring matches.

“This is the indoor training grounds where you are free to spar and practice,” Tokumaru suggested. “There are also several tomes in that case in the corner for practicing your arcane arts.”

“This place has just about everything, I can’t believe such a haven actually exists in reality.” Rorand said amazed while Wolven nodded in agreement.

“There is one last place I want to show you,” he added.

They both followed and he led them back out of the training room, backtracked through the library and they stopped at glowing red door, the frame decorate with rubies.

#6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 05:04 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

Interesting; I don't see any problems quite yet. Don't fear problems though, enjoy them. Problems are when I actually make you redo your assignment, by which I mean you edit it to my liking. Those things actually make you learn.

But since I haven't seen any yet, continue!

#7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 05:23 PM
Crazy Person

OoC: Yeah, I'm trying my best so far! ^.^

BiC:

The ruby red door glowed fiercely like it was actually on fire. Rorand felt it with the back of his hand and it actually was hot to the touch. Once again, there was no conventional mean to open the door. Tokumaru stepped toward the door and knocked on one of the rubies three times. The door split in two like the first one, but a red flaming light emerged from the crack instead of a golden light.

“Enter Rorand and Wolven, I will wait for you outside for this is a test you two must endure without my help,” Tokumaru counseled.

“Yes Tokumaru, I’m sure we can handle this together, right Wolven?” Rorand asked, followed by Wolven nodding.

The door swung open and the red light engulfed them as they advanced into the fiery room. The red glowing door shut behind them, completely disappearing. They were alone in a smoking crater on an active volcano. The ledge broke underneath them and they fell into the crater. A radiant glow surrounded them as Rorand closed his eyes and when he opened them he discovered that they were on solid ground. They stood on a wide open plain surrounded by dead grass and shrubbery. In the distance was the volcano they believed to have been in only moments ago. Rorand spotted a platform hovering about the crater of the active volcano. One tip of the platform there was something shining above. Rorand pondered what it might be and decided to head toward the volcano.

“I wonder why this is all happening… I think I don’t… I don’t know what will happen,” Rorand thought aloud.

“Perhaps your destiny, your fate, lies here in the Dome and on top of that volcano.” Wolven stated. “Well we aren’t going to get there standing here!”

Rorand nodded in agreement and they headed toward the volcano. After a quick sprint, they were at the base of the volcano, ready for what awaited them.

#8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 06:11 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

o_O;;

Damn, you're fast. Continue.

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Crazy Person

OoC: Yeah... I'm a fast typer and an eager RP'er...

BiC:

Rorand and Wolven made their way to the base of the volcano. Ash spewed from the crater, almost covering the hovering platform with the black powdery substance. Rorand fastened his cloak and held the collar close to his mouth so he wouldn’t inhale any ashy smoke. He pulled his hood over his eyes to make sure nothing got in his eyes as well.

“How do you suppose we get to the top of this fire-billowing mountain?” Rorand asked.

“Hehe… don’t ask me.” Wolven chuckled. “I’m not the one going to climb a volcano… no thumbs, remember?”

“Right, right of course.” Rorand sighed. The volcano was extremely wide and high in length. It looked very rocky and unstable, not to mention pieces broke off constantly due to lava seeping through its exterior.

“Looks like I’ll have to do this the old fashioned way,” said Rorand already feeling exhausted by just thinking about climbing it.

Rorand began to walk up the steep volcano, equipping his gauntlets from better grip. He scaled it on his feet for a few minutes when a rock loosed under his boot and he slipped, rolling all the back down to the base to be laughed at by Wolven.

“C’mon, I’ve seen you climb 50 foot trees!” he laughed.

Rorand ignored the joking insult and got back up to his feet, dusting off his cloak. Rorand jumped back on the volcano’s side and climbed with his feet, only using his arms to keep himself stable. His gauntlet broke off a ledge and he almost fell a good 20 feet. Rorand looked up, careful not to look down and get dizzy. He reached about halfway when a rock about the size of a melon nearly dropped on his head, he leaned to the left, and it slammed his shoulder, knocking his right arm loose, probably bruising it badly. He ignored it for the time being and advanced upward. The smoke began to become thicker, making it harder to breathe and see. The smoke made his eyes water and he coughed constantly. Rorand climbed and could see the summit of the volcano. He raised his hand to grab another rock, when it broke off and molten lava seeped through. He had to react quickly or be burnt to a crisp. Rorand shot a blast of ice, quickly freezing it, and used it as a rail to boost him higher. Then he was there. He grabbed the ledge of the crater and pulled himself to the top of the volcano.

Rorand felt a great sense of accomplishment overwhelm him. He also felt so tense with exhaustion and fatigued. His cloak was nearly black, covered with rocks and ash from the side. Rorand dusted himself off again and turned around to spy a little gray speck on the base of the volcano below him. He was so high, he could barely sense Wolven’s mind. Rorand spun around and stared into the molten crater filled with lava. Smoke engulfed his face and he choked from it, trying to remove it from his lungs and wiped the sweat from his face. He couldn’t find the platform anywhere, but a huge pillar of smoke instead. Rorand waved his arms causing an updraft blowing the smoke away, revealing the platform hovering in midair. He jumped up, grasping the edge with his hands and pulled himself up, raising his leg and rolled himself onto the platform. It was completely stable like the whole volcano itself was supporting in with an invisible hand. He jumped on it and it remained completely still. The glowing object shined radiantly in his eyes as he slowly approached it. It was a small chipped dagger, but like all the doors in the Dome, it was heavily decorated. The hilt itself was made of gold, and the bottom had a diamond in it. The blade itself seemed to glow a red hue. Rorand grabbed it and the light around him devoured him, blinding him. The world seemed to collapse around him, all surrounded by light.

Rorand opened his eyes, he was on his bed in his room.

#10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 07:39 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

Woot, now we can move on to the real lessons! ^^

Keep going.

#11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Crazy Person

Rorand awoke on his bed in his room, warmed by the fireplace close by with Wolven asleep on a mat next to the bed. Rorand was sore from scaling the side of a volcano and his stomach growled furiously. He searched his luxury room to find a room, but Rorand could find nothing to eat. He searched high and low, but nothing. Rorand opened his ornate décor door and closed it, returning to the hallway lit by candles. The candles seemed less bright as they were losing wick and wax so Rorand hurried to find a kitchen, dining hall, or cafeteria of some sort around the Dome.

“Oh… why couldn’t Tokumaru show me where to find something to eat,” whined Rorand.

He went downstairs and into the library. Maybe there was some sort of index or anything about the Dome. He looked for the “D” section of the library index, but the only material about the Dome was in the Restricted Section, and those records were said to be erased. He looked for a map of the Dome, but once again, no records were held about a map of the Dome.

“This place is so grand and luxurious, but it is still a mystery… buried in secrets…,” Rorand whispered. He wondered what exactly was the Dome and who exactly built it. It would take a whole race and a millennia to construct such a wonder, both inside and out.

Then Rorand thought about his new teacher, Tokumaru. He seemed like a kind and gentle person, no evil intentions came from him. He was a genuine and idealistic teacher. Just how had he got here, did he create the Dome? His teachings seemed to intrigue Rorand, since they tested him both physically and mentally and it challenged his determination to succeed along with his willpower. Rorand couldn’t stop think about why destiny had placed him here in the Dome, and what fate actually had in mind for Rorand.

As he pondered about the secrets of the Dome, he smelled something exquisitely delicious. The aroma came from around the hallway. Rorand hurried through the halls, his boots echoing loudly through the long halls against the polished floors. He reached a black door. No jewels decorated this door, but it had a handle to open it. Rorand sniffed at the fabulous scent. He slowly reached for the handle and laid his hand on it. Rorand grabbed the handle and turned it. Just as he was about to open the door, Tokumaru emerged from the end of the hallway behind him.

“I wouldn’t go in there if I were you,” said Tokumaru from behind. Rorand shut the door and quickly spun around to see Tokumaru standing a few feet behind him.

“In there is the carnivorous Allojataz’c,” said Tokumaru.

The… what?” Rorand asked.

“Don’t worry about it. The Allojataz’c is harmless unless you are lured in by its sweet aroma. If you’re hungry, you should’ve just asked. Come with me.”

Tokumaru spun around, beginning to walk back down the ornate polished hallway of the Dome as Rorand followed, stomach stilling growling loudly.

“Tokumaru sir, do you happen to have some food with you?” Rorand asked.

“I’m sorry, I do not have anything to eat at the time, but you will be satisfied soon,” he added.

“This place is so grand it seems as it was built by gods,” Rorand exclaimed.

“Perhaps it was, but many do not know the intricate details and secrets and the Dome, or its creators, not even our vast library has any collection of it,” Tokumaru explained as they advanced further and further down the hallway until Tokumaru stopped.

Rorand and Tokumaru arrived at another door, this time it was fashioned from oak. Heat seemed to radiant from the door with a sense of familiarity. Tokumaru pushed the door open and they both arrived in a cozy, yet stifling room. There was a low table in the center, on top of a regal rug, with a plate of sushi and a pitcher of sake on the table.

“These are my dining quarters,” says Tokumaru. “I use them on special occasions. Please, have a seat.”

#12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

Nice, you've got a very firm hold on Tokumaru's persona. Keep it up, and we can get you swiftly out of Intermediate and into something more fun and challenging.

Move on to Lesson Six.

#13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Crazy Person

Tokumaru showed Rorand his quaint and stifling room as he opened another heavily decorated door. It was only painted white with pearls as the jewels and giant pearl shaped as a doorknob. The frame of the door were white flames. There were two fireplaces one on the left and right side of the room with plenty more firewood in stock in case it got too cold. Rorand began sweating again due to the heat and humidity of the room. The low table seemed to be made out of a peculiar colored wood, almost mahogany, yet lighter in color. The floor was a white and polished tile, with two regal rugs, both depicting samurais engaged in war with demonic creatures and white flames decorated the borders, circling the warriors in what appeared to be a burning heaven.

Rorand wiped his forehead with his cloak’s sleeve as it the heat continued.

“Please, please, make yourself at home,” Tokumaru gestured with a calm demeanor. “Feel free to remove your cloak and boots and place them near the door, I know it can be a little hot in here.”

“A little?” Rorand asked as he took off his blue and gold cloak, almost black from the ash of the volcano and placed them near the door as suggested. Rorand quickly removed his boots and placed them on his cloak, careful not to stain the fancy rugs or the polished floor. The sweat started to drip into his eyes, stinging and agitating them. Rorand forgot how exhausted he was from scaling a whole volcano. He didn’t even want to know how high it actually was and he was surprised and proud in himself for succeeding in such a daring and dangerous feat. Rorand stepped forward, but stumbled, nearly falling on the hard tile floor. Luckily he caught himself on the corner of the doorway considering himself lucky his major exertion didn’t cause him to collapse yet. He tried to fully stand up, but a rush of trauma and dizziness flooded his head, making Rorand very unstable. Tokumaru put Rorand’s arm over his shoulder and slowly walked him to the low white hued table. He gently sat him down to his knees and making sure Rorand didn’t pass out from his exhaustion. Tokumaru advanced to the other side of the low table and took a seat on his knees, releasing a calm and relaxing sigh as if he were as exhausted and weary as Rorand.

Tokumaru poured the sake into a small cup, looking as if it were made from white clay and burned in an oven to give it that glossy texture. The cup felt smooth as a baby’s skin in Rorand's rough palms. He wondered if this were another test or simulation so he silently cast a spell, attempting to detect any kind of known poison, whether it be tasteless and or odorless. No, it was a regular oriental drink so Rorand held it close to his lips, inhaling its aroma. It smelled different from any drink had tasted, like mead mixed with another sweet beverage or ingredient. He let the cup touch his mouth and Rorand took a small sip. It tasted strange, but he still finished his cup to try to be polite. It opened his eyes and stimulated him. The sushi however, he was more reluctant to eat.

“Tokumaru master, I think you should know I can’t eat meat, even fish,” Rorand tried to explain.

“Oh yes, of course, the elven pact oath,” Tokumaru agreed as he took the plate and dumped the freshly chopped sushi onto his. “I will bring you something you can eat, help yourself to some more sake, just don’t go overboard especially if it’s only your first time trying it,” Tokumaru added as he took the place, opened the door and left to retrieve more elf oriented food. Rorand agreed with his master and poured himself another cup of sake from the polished glazed pitcher. He drank it slowly this time, careful to heed his teacher’s warning.

Tokumaru came back with a heaping bowl of freshly steamed vegetables, recently baked bread, a small tub of butter, and a bowl of broth. He placed it down in front of his pupil and set the rest in the middle. Then Tokumaru took his seat and began to eat his sushi with sake. Rorand was delighted about Tokumaru respecting his oath and devoured his meal only leaving a piece of bread and a few vegetables left.

“You were hungry weren’t you?” Tokumaru asked with a laugh.

”Very much Master, I appreciate this,” Rorand answered. Something slipped into his mind and he immediately said it.

“Master, you appear to be unarmed,” Rorand observed trying to sound as polite as possible.

“Oh, far from it,” he replied, moving his robe to reveal a red blade, a strange choice for someone like Tokumaru who wore all white.

“My Hinotoma Blade,” he said. “Plus, I can be very skilled at fire magics,” he added.

“What an interesting blade,” Rorand said astounded as he contrasted the color his deep blue sword to his bright crimson one.

“Tell me more about yourself, Rorand and Wolven as well, he seems very interesting, his thoughts being spawned from your own,” Tokumaru replied.

Rorand explained how he was only half elf, then Tokumaru added, “Ah yes, it’s hard to tell be mere appearance, but the only sign of elves is your hair and your height."

Rorand agreed as he continued telling how he traveled away from home as he didn’t mention his father’s death at all. After explaining his travels, Rorand asked about Tokumaru.

“Did you have any family or children Tokumaru?” Rorand asked. “If you don’t mind me asking, Master?”

Tokumaru nodded and said, “I did have a wife and child of my own, but sadly she passed on to the heavens, as my son wandered away to progress with his life.”

“Oh… I see, well I’m sorry for your loss Master,” Rorand said.

“Come now, there is nothing for you to be sorry about, you look awfully tired Rorand,” Tokumaru observed. “Please, I will escort you to your room as you don your cloak and boots.”

They both left the stifling white room and proceeded through the Dome’s echoing halls back to Rorand’s room. Rorand opened the door as he gestured a goodbye to his master and Tokumaru walked back through the halls.

Last Edited by Lady Curse; 11-28-2006 at 09:53 AM. Reason:
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-27-2006, 10:56 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

OKAY. Big post, and I've decided to challenge you. I want you to go back and check it until...

Every.

Single.

Grammar.

Point.

Is.

Absolutely.

Perfect.

Not saying your grammar was bad, but I think you need a challenge. ALSO! Many people confuse Tokumaru's dining quarters to be his own room. In this kind of a setting, as in when you have several RPers and their characters, it is often considered rude to describe something of another RPer's character that that RPer hasn't already described to you. In this situation, it would be Tokumaru's room, which they aren't in anyway. I'm not trying to harp, but grammar and spelling are one thing, and RP manners are another.

So, before you move on: Edit that post to be PERFECT, or as close as I want. (let me know once you're done editing) Also, drop the refferrences to the room being Tokumaru's bedroom. That has a totally different description, which I'd be happy to share with you if you want to know it. Good luck.

#15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 11-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Crazy Person

Ok, all done editing. I'm sure I got most of the grammar mistakes and I removed all the mentions of it being Tokumaru's room.

#16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-01-2006, 06:01 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

Alright, it's good enough for me. Go on ahead.

#17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-02-2006, 12:27 AM
Crazy Person

Rorand watched his new white robed master turn around and step through the candle-lit halls of the Dome, his sandals echoing down the hallway with each step. Rorand was so exhausted, that is was nearly impossible for him to move his legs. He stared at the ornate door. Rorand wondered who made and designed the door. As he noticed the unique carvings around the door’s frame he thought of how much time and precision it would take to craft the door. It was a black colored and polished marble. He removed his surface and felt its glossy texture, like it was glazed in an oven too. The gems that decorated the door were jewels he’d never seen before. Some shined brilliantly, some were pure black, others were clear and could been seen through. The strangest one was the one on the very top of the door, it was a giant sapphire looking gem. Smaller ones surrounded it, but there was a diamond in the exact center of the giant pearl. It was almost as big as his head too. But like most doors in the strange and mysterious Dome, it had no doorknob, or handle. No convenient way of opening the unique door. Then Rorand remembered the way Tokumaru opened one of the doors in the Dome.

Rorand knocked the huge jewel set on the top of the door three times. The same light cracked down the middle of the door and the vertical split in the door opened. Once again Rorand thought about the mysteries of the Dome and who exactly created the architectural wonder. They would have to be extremely skilled and apt at magic and craftsmanship to set the jewels into that glossy looking marble stone. Then how it opened was another mystery. How they channeled pure magic into an inanimate object such as a door was beyond his comprehension and ability. And the Dome itself confused him. It must have taken its creators many a millennia to construct the architectural structure. Rorand closely examined the top of the curved ceiling. It wasn’t decorated at all as if it was incomplete.

“This Dome by far is the strangest place I have ever been to,” he muttered.

“Yes, yes it is,” Wolven agreed, walking towards the open door. “I must confess that its nature and mysteries elude me, and that ‘Master’ of yours, Tokumaru, also has a strange aura that I cannot sense or penetrate. He is still a kind person who has accepted, fed, sheltered, and even trained us without asking for anything in return. His actions are generous, but his motives remain hidden.”

Rorand pondered upon the truth of Wolven’s counseling advice, and struggled in his mind whether to trust his life long partner and friend, or to believe and give his full trust to his new master. Rorand had to admit that his master was very generous indeed, but why accept two armed strangers into his sacred refuge. Rorand stepped inside his quarters and the magic door closed and sealed behind him. He placed the dagger he retrieved of the hovering volcano’s platform on a carved dresser next to the fluffy bed. Rorand removed his coat and dusted all the ash and dirt off his worn blue and gold traveling cloak. It was worn from the sharp rocks and frayed from the lava cracks of the volcano. Rorand looked around his room and noticed another low table like Tokumaru’s with two plates, two cups, and a pitcher. Unfortunately for Rorand and Wolven, there was nothing in the pitcher or on the plates. Rorand almost forgot how tired he was. He sprung on the bed and it bounced him up and down in a soft and cushiony heap. The smooth and soft sheets felt so relaxing that he stretched out and rested, but not trying to fall asleep in case Tokumaru called him.

Rorand opened his eyes to a squint and examined the paintings more clearly. He noticed the landscape on the first painting. It depicted a forest with towering trees, but a shaded and curved looking mountain. The second told a hallway with flames lit up and down, and a door with stars gleaming around it. The third showed a plain with rocky soil and an erupting mountain in the distance. The fourth displayed a table in a completely white room. Finally, the fifth revealed a dark jungle with monstrous eyes staring at him. Then, the line of paintings surrounding the room ended with the fifth and final painting behind him, hanging over his head. Rorand pondered the images when it had struck. They were the places he had been to! The first was finding the Dome itself in the forest when Rorand and Wolven found the Dome. Then there was the hallway lit with candles inside the Dome with the jeweled door to his quarters. Next was the dead plain near the volcano he scaled to get the dagger. Then the room he dined with Tokumaru in. The last painting confused him. He had never been to any jungle, especially a dangerous one.

Just then they dagger started shaking on the dresser.

#18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-29-2006, 01:02 AM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

Nice. Go ahead and move onto part b.

#19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-29-2006, 03:12 AM
Crazy Person

OoC: Lol, finally finished my post.

BiC:
The red bladed dagger glowed radiantly and Rorand’s dresser. It’s hilt tapping fasting and faster on the wood furniture. It started to vibrate on the surface, going out of control. Rorand got up and walked over to the dresser to examine the newly animated weapon. The crimson blade glowed a darker hue of red as the hilt suddenly stopped and pointed to Rorand’s hand. He grabbed the blade’s hilt and all flashed red. Rorand looked around him, but he was falling at a terrifying rate. Nothing was below or above him. Just then, the dagger flew from his hand and plummeted further below, slashing an opening in whatever dimension Rorand was in. He closed his eyes and covered his head as he fell into nothingness…

A blade of grass tickled the side of his cheek when Rorand finally came to. He opened his eyes and adjusted to his new surroundings. Everything was blurry and unfocused. Rorand winked and rubbed his eyes a few times to discover that he fell into some sort of dark jungle thicket. But to further notice, he wasn’t exactly in a jungle located in some new world. Rorand recognized the depicted scenes of war and gold in the sky. In fact, it was actually a ceiling. He realized that he was still in the Dome.

“This place just gets weirder… but then it gets stranger…” Rorand murmured. “Wait a second… Wolven!” Rorand yelled.

He finally noticed that his friend was nowhere to be found. He tried to reach him telepathically, but something seemed to block Wolven’s mind from his own. He got up from and got a better look at where he was again. Tall grass surrounded him and several trees grew farther back into the indoor jungle. Then he heard a growl coming from a thicket to his left. Rorand drew his double sword and looked around, trying to what kind of creature could be lurking around and where was it lurking…

Rorand sat down in and crossed his legs to meditate. He slowly opened his mind and scanned around the environment. There were hordes around him. Waiting to ambush him. With this sense, he could only see their outlines through the foggy haze of his mind. Their bodies looked strange and distorted. He closed his thoughts and woke from his trance. Rorand quickly readied his sword and cautiously advanced into the dark jungle.

He sliced and slashed the thickets of tall grass out of his way, leaving the dead grass in his wake. He reached a trimmed away clearing, no tall grass in the area. Except for one thing. There was a savage beast hunched under a gnarled tree root. Two piercing yellow eyes met Rorand’s and it extended a claw out of its small sanctuary. Then followed by another paw, its long and sharp nails scratching at the dirt ground. Finally, the monster stuck out its head and peered at Rorand, hungrily. It had two long horns protruding from the sides of the forehead, its two yellow eyes below the horns. A curved snout and then its maw. The beast roared an ear splitting howl. Rorand covered his ears and the sound vibrated through his whole body, causing Rorand to keel to the ground a writhe in pain. As Rorand helplessly winced on the ground, the beast pranced over and opened its giant mouth to reveal several rows of sharp and cracked teeth and a split tongue curving in the air.

As the beast drew closer and closer to its new prey, Rorand was paralyzed on the ground, and he had dropped his sword a few feet away and out of his reach. Rorand remembered his arcane abilities. He grabbed the ground around him and shot a pillar of rock beneath the monster at struck it in the stomach. It went hurtling backward and landed contorted on the ground. Rorand crawled and grabbed his sword as the beast recovered and charged at Rorand. He was fast enough to slash its thigh and the monster swung a mighty claw at Rorand. He rolled sideways and quickly thrust his blade into the monster’s back. It shrieked at howled as the sword plunged deep into its flesh. Then it fell to the ground and its limbs closed around itself and cringed as it died…

Rorand got up and retrieved his sword. Blue blood dripped on his boots and Rorand wiped his blade on the sleeve of his coat. Rorand slowly advanced deeper into the jungle when another disfigured beast sped through the skies. It was exactly similar to the previous monster, but it had a long sharp beak, and two leathery wings instead of the forearms. It swept down at Rorand, loose grass flying everywhere. Rorand ducked as the bird kicked its talons at Rorand, but he should have rolled. One sharp talon pierced his right shoulder and blood seeped through his coat. The beast turned around and Rorand anticipated its next move. He split his sword into the two separate blades and stood still in a calm position.

The monster lowered its head and opened its beak to deliver a precise peck aimed at Rorand’s neck. Then Rorand sprung, rolling under it and stabbing it in the underside, then turning around and grabbing the beast by the hind leg. He used his remaining blade and slashed, removing its limb. The beast withered in pain and slowly bleed to death, shriek after shriek as Rorand retrieved and cleaned his sword blades. He continued though the dark jungle. He then jumped from a miniature plateau into an enclosed grotto. Now he was trapped surrounded by more tall grass and couldn’t reach any way to exit. Then a red burst of light glowed from a cliff wall in front of Rorand and a door emerged. A was another heavily decorated door. It was covered by an innumerable amount of emeralds, fit for a jungle environment. It swung open and Tokumaru appeared.

“Quickly, we must leave before more come!” Rorand’s teacher warned as he extended his arm.

#20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 12-29-2006, 07:19 PM
I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!

Great. Move onto part c.

Tags
rorand, safer, training