Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Ryorinin-san Ryorinin-san is a female United States Ryorinin-san is offline
Dark Queen of Huggles
Send a message via AIM to Ryorinin-san
View Posts: 2,026
Ry-san's advanced class

Okay, all my advanced students. Your first assignment is to go from wherever you've found yourself after the capture the flag assignment was cancelled, and find Aurora. It won't be easy. She's not too hot on the idea of seeing any of her old students yet, after the capture the flag fiasco. She'll be in a room somewhere cooling off, and probably won't be exceptionally cheerful about your finding her. Not evil or belligerent, just not in the best of moods.

This will be a brand new room that you've never seen before, and I expect you to use some imagination and think one up. Everyone's working independently on this assignment, so I expect all the rooms to be different. Once you've found her, strike up a conversation. She probably won't be too talkative at this point, but I'm sure all of my advancies' chars have at least one question they'd like her to answer. 800 word minimum, mind your proofreading, as always.

There MAY be some sort of recognition given for the best room invented, so make sure the environmental descriptions rock. Just don't let that get in the way of the rest of your assignment.
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles
Re: Ry-san's advanced class

*bump* I'm a mod, I can do that. MWAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Anyway, now that I have some advancies, I think I need to actually give you all something to do!

First assignment, all of you are going to find yourselves in the gardens, where you'll all meet up with Aurora. Try striking up conversations with each other, and do a good job describing the gardens themselves. So far, this class should include, Vega, Shade, and Shrub, I believe. After everyone is accounted for, I'll start a joint assignment.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

I'm just going to make the assignment part of this thread, so just put your opening posts here. I plan to turn this into a quest of sorts. Kind of one long, extended assignment.
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Tactician Keybearer
Send a message via AIM to Shrub Send a message via Skype™ to Shrub

View Posts: 5,035
No Way Out

Ren let the chain slide gracefully through his fingers as if the steel was liquid. The small metal ball at the end crashed into the wooden target on the far side of the room. Huge splinters flew in the air as it crumbled. The child reclaimed his grip upon the chain and jerked it to the side. The ball shot back around, smashing through a long line of similar targets. When the ball came back around, the eleven-year-old allowed it to wrap around his legs and strike another target on his left. It came to the end of its flight and crashed to the ground, becoming lifeless once again.

He gazed out of the corner of his crimson eyes at the only person left in the training room. Kashino, the Dark Elf, leaned up against a crossbow rack. A white cigarette was between his black lips, the end of it glowed red as he inhaled. The older man had short, white hair. It came down around his chin and his icy-blue eyes studied the young Retuson through the strands that hung in his vision. The Dark Elf’s outfit was simple: he wore plain black pants, shirt, boots, everything. At his side was a very long and curved knife. The one Ren had seen him use on his mother. The one that had taken her life. The child felt his blood pound in his ears and he tightened his grip upon the chain in his small hands.

“Hey, you’re pretty good, kid,” the man rasped through his lips that clung to the cigarette in his mouth. He folded his arms across his chest as he began to relax.

Ren turned his head away, bending his scarlet eyes in hatred and his lips became so thin it was impossible to tell if they were there. How dare that bastard talk to him! After what he did to mother … Of course, Kashino didn’t know the Retuson had been hiding the closet. He didn’t know he had seen everything.

Ren quickly retracted the ball and began to swing it high up over his head. Without even looking at the Dark Elf, he sent it flying toward the man. Kashino’s blue eyes widened just as it struck the solid wall next to him. The metal ball had created small dent in the marble and fell to the floor with a metallic thunk. The cigarette in Kashino’s mouth fell to the ground, for his lips were parted in shock. Ren chuckled at the older man’s flinch.

“Don’t worry … I know how to use this thing,” said the eleven-year-old, still not looking at him. He, again, retracted the chain back to him, dragging the ball away. The Dark Elf’s face twisted with discomfort and a damaged ego.

“Watch where you throw that thing, kid!” he snapped and picked his cigarette up from the ground, placing it back between his lips. His face was still flustered with annoyance. Ren finally turned his head to his left to gaze at the hit-man. His expressionless face began to take shape. His lips twisted up into a smirk.

“Then again … you should be worried,” whispered the child, but Kashino heard him. He raised one white eyebrow at him, his lips frowning in confusion.

“What?”

The boy jerked the metal ball back up into the air and straight at the Dark Elf. This time he didn’t even have the chance to gasp. The ball struck him square in the gut and shoved him back into the crossbow rack. His boots squeaked on the stone floor as he slid down onto it. His arms wrapped themselves around his torso, his mouth wide open and attempting to suck in the air. The eleven-year-old walked calmly up to the adult. Kashino began to cough and gasp, he must have broken his ribs. Ren slammed his knee into his nose, he felt his nose break against his knee cap. Kashino crumpled over on the ground, blood splattered the gray tiles. Ren hit him in the gut with his boot, making the older elf collapse to the floor again.

“I imagine that hurts,” said Ren, his young eyes glittering with pleasure. He had waited for this moment for one whole year. He was going to make the most of it. He was going to make sure Kashino suffered as much as possible.

The hit-man gave the boy a pathetic whimper that was muffled by the marble floor. Ren’s smirk warped itself into a sadistic grin, his crimson eyes widened with the lust for blood. The young Retuson softly placed his boot under Kashino and turned him over. Blood was smeared all over his black face and his eyes were squeezed tightly together.

Ren stepped over the Dark Elf so that one foot was on each side of his torso. The boy crouched down and grasped the black hilt of Kashino’s knife and pulled it out of its sheath. He examined the long, slightly curved blade. He remained crouched over the hit-man. His cruel eyes scanned over the man’s pain-filled expression.

“Tell me, Kashino … did you look my mother in the eyes while you killed her?” questioned Ren. “Did you watch her life fade away?”

The Dark Elf’s eyes opened into little slits. His chest trembled as gaps of air rattled through his lips. His bloody mouth parted just barely to let sound escape.

“F-f*** you, kid,” he sputtered. Ren frowned playfully at his words.

“Now, now, be a good boy, Kashino,” chanted the child. “Your death won’t be so painful that way. Now … answer my question. Did you look my mother in the eyes while you killed her?”

Kashino gulped, which Ren was sure was blood. The Dark Elf shook his head, his short hair swaying and stained at the ends with his red fluids. The boy twirled the large knife in his hand, his eyes had a deep look in them. He was frowning in concentration. His eyes glided back down to the bloody man as he came to his conclusion.

“I tell you what,” began the Retuson. “I promise I will look into your eyes while you die. I will watch your life fade away and I promise I will enjoy it.”

Kashino’s shoulders shook as more whimpers sputtered through his bloody lips. Tears slid down the sides of his black face, cleaning a path through the scarlet liquids. Ren stared at the man with a smile on his young face. It was interesting … he made an adult cry. That’s exactly what I wanted. Feeling Kashino had suffered enough, Ren flipped the knife in his hand and then shoved it up into the Dark Elf’s chest. His blue eyes flew wide open and his mouth gaped as a squeak of pain exited it.

The hit-man twisted and turned on the floor as the knife began to steal his life away. As the child promised, Ren held a firm gaze on Kashino’s eyes. It was as if a light was flickering in them, trying to stay burning but would eventually burn out. Kashino stopped moving, his body went limp, and his eyes seemed dull and lifeless.

The white-haired boy tugged the knife out of the Dark Elf’s still chest. The blade glistened with the crimson blood. Ren studied it for a few seconds and the brought the knife up to his lips. His tongue slipped out and licked the warm blood off the steel. The salty liquid seemed, somehow, sweet to him. Perhaps that was just his own imagination. Whatever is was, he loved it. He took great pleasure in the powerful feeling this had given him. He had killed Kashino and it had been so easy. It had been so wonderfully enjoyable. The boy’s lips were curved up into the same sadistic grin as before. He never knew killing could be so exciting….

Ren jerked up in his bed, sweat had gathered in droplets all over his face and bare chest. The fifteen-year-old pushed himself up into a sitting position. He placed his hands over his face and closed his eyes. I don’t ever want to be like that again. His heart was hammering in his chest even though the dream had faded and he was only in his dark room. He could still see Kahsino’s face in his mind, the tears that had slid through the blood on his face. He heard his whimpers as if they were right next to him.

He had never planned for it to start that way. At first, he had only wanted to avenge his mother … what had gone so wrong? So many people were dead now because of that, killed by his hands. No, he knew what had gone wrong. Nottuu … that name still filled him with rage, boiling his blood. Sometimes he wished Khaz had not killed the white dragon so that Ren could have done it himself. He was still mad at his father. He still hated him for what the man had done to him. Nottuu had changed him and there was no way to turn back. He would never get those wasted years back. He was different now but he would never be that same child he had been before his mother died. He felt his eyes burn but he blinked it away.

Ren took his hands away from his face and looked around him. The room was still dark and full of shadowy shapes of the furniture in the room. That’s right … I’m still in the Dome. He had almost forgotten where he was. It seemed so unreal, a place like the Dome. What were his friends doing? Were they worried about him? Were they okay? He had abandoned them when he was needed most. What if one of them were wounded? Or worse … what if they were dead? Fear shot through his body, chilling his blood. It was mistake to come here. He had to leave and find them, to make sure nothing had happened while he was gone.

The Retuson ripped his blankets off his body and ran over to his dresser without turning on the light. He pulled the drawers open and pulled on the clothes of his usual outfit. Next he opened the trunk and grabbed a pair of new boots. He quickly tied those to his feet and grabbed his mace out of the trunk, closing the lid. He hung the chain on his shoulder and headed for the door. He slipped out of his dark bed room and into the bright hall way. The young man blinked a few times to adjust to the light of the hall way. Ren looked up and down the white corridor, now what? He had to say something for a door to appear, right? Hopefully it will take him back to Ranelu.

“Um … I want to leave, where is the way out?” asked Ren, feeling dumb while doing so. He was basically speaking to no one.

A door popped out of thin air in front of him. The boy flinched slightly, for he still wasn’t very used that way of traveling. It was different from the door that had appeared yesterday. It was green and had designs of flowers and vines all over it. The door knob was made of wood and looked as if it had little leaves growing off it. The Retuson raised his white eyebrow at the door for a moment and then grasped the door knob and turned it. It clicked open and he stepped through.

When he came through on the other side, he found he was not back in Ranelu. In fact, he was back to where he had started the day before. The white marble bench in the middle of a very large and glorious garden. Filled with the same exotic and strange flowers as before. Flowers of almost every color were blooming and some of the most odd plants were bunched up around him.

Ren scowled at his surroundings. The stupid door had taken him to the wrong place. The young warrior turned around to go back through the door but to only find there wasn’t one. It had disappeared after he went through it. Ren’s glower hardened, his blood-red eyes narrowed. I hate this place! Was there no way out?

“Goddamn it!” he swore, clenching his fists. “What in the Dark Realm am I doing here?”

OoC: I hope the beginning wasn’t too much. I like to add character development in my work.

“We must be greater than what we suffer.”
[Between the Worlds|A Light in the Dark|Empire of Darkness|Under the Red Sea]
Last Edited by Shrub; 08-28-2005 at 08:31 PM. Reason:
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

OoC: No problem. It was interesting.

BiC: Aurora glanced up at the young Retuson's fit of temper. "I thought you were here to train," she commented matter-of-factly, "that's what MOST people come here to do. Whether they know it or not."

The teenager seemed surprised that someone had been eavesdropping on his tantrum, and the Ominae continued. "If you mean why you are HERE in particular, that would be because you have a new assignment, along with the rest of my most advanced students."

He seemed extremely agitated by this. "I'm going home!" He shouted into the thin air as though commanding the universe itself to bend to his whim. "Give me a door back to Ranelu you stupid building!"

His teacher almost laughed at this second outburst. "That's a funny thing about the Dome. It only answers our requests if it doesn't interfere with it's purpose for our being here. You obvously aren't done with your training, so no door will appear for you. I'm guessing you'll be here for quite some time yet." The Retuson simply fumed at this knowledge.

She looked thoughtfully at her young student a moment. She quickly learned to read each of her students. Most of them she could come eerily close to mind reading in a very short time. "Something happened since your last assignment." It wasn't a question. His gaze, with all it's anger shot to her face, as though she'd somehow invaded his very soul. "Ren, you're my student, I would be a very poor teacher indeed if I only taught you how to fight." He seemed strangely puzzled by this statement, but his confusion seemed to dull the edge of his anger slightly, which was the reaction she hoped for.

Aurora patted the bench beside her. "Why don't you have a seat while we wait on the others, and tell me what's eating you?"

OoC: You can answer this post how you like. Or, you can simply wait for everyone else to show up. It's your call.
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Tactician Keybearer

Ren folded his arms moodily over his chest and did not sit now. He knew was being stupid and immature. He couldn’t help it; he was still just a teenager and had a nasty temper to boot. Not only was there no way out but now his “teacher” was pretending to be concerned about him. Ren hated it when people did that. Deep down he knew that wasn’t true but he preferred to ignore that feeling. It was just easier that way.

“You wanna know what’s ‘eating’ me?” growled the boy. “I have to get out of here, but from what you tell me I can’t do that until I finish my ‘training.’ And as for something happening since my last ‘assignment,’ I dunno what you’re talking about. I got my ass kicked—that’s all.”

The young man scowled even more at the memory of the snowman throwing him around like a rag doll. Khaz would be making several jokes about it by now, that is, if he were there.

“I said something happened since your last assignment, not what happened during your last assignment,” said Aurora, her voice very calm and soothing compared to Ren’s coarse words. “You should lighten up; I’m only trying to help. There is no need to get so defensive.”

The Retuson turned his head away from her, his glower softening. He knew he was being an a**hole. Trisa would have told him so if she were here.

“Whatever …” mumbled Ren, his pride always got in the way of a proper apology.

“Now have a seat,” said the teacher, patting the bench again. Ren’s eye gave a twitch. She was treating him like a child, but he quickly reminded himself that he was a child. The teenager stuffed his ego down his throat and sat down next to the adult. He slipped the chain of his mace off his shoulder and onto the ground next to his feet. He folded his arms over his torso again, staring straight ahead so that he could avoid her blue eyes.

Last Edited by Shrub; 09-06-2005 at 10:24 AM. Reason:
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-29-2005, 11:06 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

Aurora smiled softly. This youth had much healing to do. In the summoner's eyes, it was almost as though she could see deep damage in his soul, like the wounds of battle after battle heaping one atop another, one set never getting the chance to heal before another slash fell on top of it.

Obviously, the youth mistook her gentle gaze for one of pity, because his eyes flashed into hers for a brief moment as he snapped, "What?"

She shook her head sadly. "I find it disturbing that one so young will not allow his soul to heal, even when he has people who would help him do so. Even someone who loves him, and would give anything to see him whole, not only in body, but in spirit as well."

The young Retuson glared at her. "How do you know..."

She raised an empty hand. "Ren, I've never met a person who never had anyone to love them. You have a good heart, I can see that much. It isn't hard to guess that there is someone who cares for you deeply, and from your reaction, I'd guess you care just as much."

He still looked as though she'd somehow invaded his mind, but his expression grew slightly more thoughtful, less arrogant. Still avoiding her gaze.

A tough nut to crack, Samae, Valron thought.

I'm not trying to crack him. I want him to come out. A nut is a seed remember. Given the right conditions, it will crack itself on the way to growing into something beautiful.

You can't save them all, you know.

She thought of one of her newest pupils. I know that, but all I can do is try.

I wouldn't love you so much if you didn't.

She must have chuckled aloud, because Ren turned reproachful eyes at her once more.

"I'm sorry, you remind me a bit of someone I knew back home. He's about your age, and just as stubborn."

His eyes grew harder again.

"You know," she leaned forward in her seat, resting her elbows on her knees, looking down at her hands. "I never had the opportunity to avenge the death of my family."
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-31-2005, 11:36 PM
Tactician Keybearer

Ren felt his insides tingle as if he had missed a step. Avenge the death—? The Retuson gave his teacher a shocked glance, his crimson eyes wide and his mouth open slightly. However, he quickly turned his head away from her. He unfolded his arms and leaned back on his hands, his head turned as far away from her as possible. So she had lost her family too. That happened a lot in this world. A lot of people had sorrow and pain in their hearts. That was one of the many things his friends had taught him. He knew he wasn’t the only person … At least she didn’t kill a member of her family… Ren felt a lump harden in his throat as he couldn’t find any words to respond to Aurora.

Was it even right of him to avenge his mother’s death? Should he have not killed Kashino? Ren didn’t know anymore. Everything around him just seemed to blend together in a confused haze. There were so many things he regretted and he didn’t know how to make them right again. When he tried to make his mistakes right he only made them worse. He killed so many people in the past and he had sworn on his mother’s memory to seek atonement for it. But what did he do? He killed his brother …

“T-tasuki? W-what are we gonna do? I-I’m scared of daddy … I don’t want to go with him.”

“Of course you are, Nottuu doesn’t love us. How could he? You heard mum, he doesn’t even have a soul. He only wants us for power of the Tejison…. But we won’t give it to him, will we?”

“How are we going to do that?”

“We make a promise to each other, that’s called a pact, Ren, do you understand?”

“Yes.”

“We make a promise to each other, that we will always love and protect each other. We stick together forever—promise?”

“I promise, Tasuki. I will always love you!”

His eyes began to burn and water. His throat was throbbing with a dull ache, which he tried to gulp down. If he had not killed Kashino, would things have been different? If he had not taken the position as his father’s assassin, Tasuki would have never gotten jealous … his brother would have never hated him. Then the older Retuson would have never broken the promise and Ren would have never killed him. For so long had he blamed Nottuu for his brother’s and mother’s deaths when all along it was his wrong choices that lost him his brother ... It was all my fault to begin with. He closed his eyes softly and felt his tepid tears roll down onto his face, gliding down off his chin. The boy didn’t care, she couldn’t see it anyway.

“Aurora … if you had had the opportunity, would you have taken it?” whispered the teenager, his head still turned away from her to hide his tears.

#9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-02-2005, 05:11 PM
kero-kero, kero-kero
Send a message via AIM to Batrachius Send a message via Yahoo to Batrachius

View Posts: 2,072

OoC: Finally, I have time to post here. My character's profile is in the "Other Fighters" link in my signature.

Zolf was hanging upside down from a limb, his white eyes spacing out into the beautiful colors that made up his room.

The Dome...Training...Fighting...That flame-wielding samurai...Tokumaru...Never has anyone shown me such a good spar in a long while. Hmm...and Aurora, I just don't know about her...beautiful, but strange somehow.

The creature couldn't help but laugh at himself.

Strange? Accusing someone of being strange? ME?!

He released his grip on the branch and landed in the moist depths of the shallow pool below the large tree in his room. He had totally forgot! The warrior slapped the side of his head, remembering something. His next assignment! Of course! The gardens again. He grabbed his white shirt, slipped it on and buttoned it up, then pulled on his pants, and sprinted out of the door. The human-like being realized he was moving faster than usual, and he felt more than average power coarsing through his muscles. He was feeling great as he called out the name of the required location.

"THE GAAARDENS!" Zolf proclaimed in a goodspirited demeanor, a lime-colored door with a tree logo appearing in front of him. Remembering a time when a door he opened beat the living hell out of him, he decide to poke the door with something. He reached for his bonesaber, but to his dismay, it was gone. Zolf was in a hurry, so he simply gripped the door and twisted the knob. He squinted his eyes and waited to be mutilated, but pain didn't come. As he opened the magical door, he was greeted by the sight of the beautiful flowers once again.

He felt the moist-riddled grass lightly crunch under his bare feet as he travelled through the beautiful scenery, the vials in his pockets clicking together in a slow rhythm with the light swishing of his long, indigo hair. He felt slightly helpless without his blade, but that didn't matter. All that mattered was his teacher's instructions.

"Now...where could she have...Oh." Zolf's strange eyes had caught gaze of his teacher, sitting next to what appeared to be a troubled youth, younger than the psuedo human. He started to approach them, but decided the person he would later know as Ren seemed distressed, so he politely stopped and waited from a short distance, so he wouldn't overhear. Aurora saw him though, and raised a graceful hand to wave at him. The Retuson then glanced in his direction, giving him a curious look.

He could now see that who he had first estimated to be a 16 year old was wearing a sleeveless trenchcoat with a red shirt underneath, and baggy black pants similar to his own.

"I didn't mean to intrude on your discussion..." Zolf said, scratching the back of his head, with a slightly embarassed laugh.

"It's no trouble, Zolf. This is another student of mine. Zolf, this is Ren. Ren, this is Zolf."

"I see," Ren murmured, putting away his slightly rude facial expression for an indifferent one, a look that Zolf remembered was common for those around that period of life. Zolf offered his hand for a proper greeting, and Ren reluctantly shook it, his eyes locked onto Aurora's, rather than his peer’s.

We’ll talk later, she mouthed to him. He nodded in a quick fashion, returning his gaze to what appeared to be an unusual chemist. He had gathered this conclusion by noticing the corked ends of many vials lining the belt that wrapped firmly around his waist. Without so much as a word, Ovirian’s son drew out a vial of green fluid, uncorked it, took a small sip, and pointed a finger at the grass beneath him. There was a brief pause, and the grass was elevated as small pillar of earth rose up to level with the bench, and he sat down on it. Ren glanced at Zolf then with another strange look.

More slightly awkward silence followed, giving Zolf a few moments to observe the landscape. It seemed even nicer than last time, and a gentle breeze was picking up, causing the trees to gracefully dance with the large and exotic flowers.

“So, those are your weapons?” Zolf asked, weakly attempting conversation. He was referring to the katana sheathed at the Retuson’s side, and the spiked ball and chain wrapped in his grip.

“Yeah. Why?”

“Just curious. I can’t find my saber. It’s like it just vanished. Aurora, did you see my weapon after the fight against Tokumaru?”

“I can’t say that I did, Zolf.”

“Great. It’s not like I can just make a weapon out of thin air or something.”

As he said this, Zolf felt a tingling in his hand, and extreme pressure began exerting itself on all five of his left hand’s digits. He looked on with mild curiousity as he suddenly felt all the weight on his palm now. The pseudo human clenched his fist, and a considerable amount of space was present when he looked inside, as if he was holding a physical, yet invisible object that was vaguely handle shaped. As he held it tighter, the object was becoming more visible. It eventually became a translucent blade that appeared to be made out of concentrated air, the same one he now recalled using against Tokumaru. The Aeroblade, he now remembered naming it. This was odd, though, as none of his other powers had usually ever returned to him like this.

Ren and Aurora were both watching the purple-haired being curiously, and he then suddenly made a strange gesture with his right hand, and the air mass reduced to nothing.

“Nevermind, guys.”
Last Edited by Batrachius; 10-02-2005 at 12:22 PM. Reason:
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 09-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

Aurora chuckled at the young pseudo human. Hopefully, he'd be noticing a few other changes since his last battle. His fight with Tokumaru had left him half dead, and she'd taken opportunity to make some minor adjustments in her healing of him. Maybe now his abilities would prove to be SLIGHTLY less... unpredictable.

"Well, I guess this is all I can expect for now. Let's get going." With that, the summoner rose, and led her two students deeper into the gardens. They passed the fountain, the maze, the greenhouses, and walked into the orchard. Apple, cherry, pear, and peach trees lined their path, and every so often, one of them would grab a fruit to munch on.

"Hey," Zolf observed around a particularly large, juicy peach, "I don't see any more fruit trees."

Indeed, none of the trees bore any sort of fruit, but instead the orchard had gradually changed into a forest. Now, they were surrounded by oak, birch, and maples, and soon they were pushing through undergrowth, their feet crunching in the loam.

"What happened?" the Retuson asked. "We didn't go through any doors."

"Not all the portals in the Dome are as obvious as doors apparently," their teacher noted.

Suddenly, they stepped out of the treeline onto an emmense plain. The grass stretched far out to the horizon, where they could just barely make out the vague outline of mountains. The summoner pointed into the distance. "That's where we're headed boys."

OoC: Sorry it's so short, but I felt like I had to do SOMETHING, and I don't have much time.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-03-2005, 07:29 PM
R.I.P. Trooper- 6/25/94 - 3/7/11

View Posts: 11,961

OoC: Wait for me, I just got bumped into the advance class . *does happy dance* Here comes a new classmate. I hope you don't mind that it's a little bit short.

BiC:

Aurora had tested Kenjin. She'd made him face death for normal beings time and time again, and he'd always defeated whatever stood in his way. She had granted powers to him that were unsurpassed in his mind, and had released the Master of Light, Yang Kenjin, into the world again, amplifying his strength.

But she'd rewarded him also. The Demon Staff had been given to him as a gift, to further balance the powers of the Goddess Staff as well as his own. The two Kenjins were difficult on their own to destroy, but together, their might was...

Unknown as of yet, for they had not needed their almighty gifts due to the simplicity of the missions handed to them by the Ominea. They craved a challenge.

"Advance Class??"

Both of them had spoken, thought Yang Kenjin held the body at the time. Dark Kenjin had been meditating when the servant had come with the message. After thanking the girl, Yang returned to the living room of his home, and turned to Dark.

"What do you suppose this means?" he asked his dark half, holding out the letter they had been given.

Masters of Light and Darkness, Kenjin,

I have given you great skills in your time at this Dome, now I feel you are ready for my Advance Class level. Please join me in the gardens today for your first assignment, and to meet your new classmates at the advanced level.

Aurora

"Aurora's put us in an advance class?" Dark asked, appearing in his seat at the table. "I thought we were the best here."

"Apparently you were mistaken," Yang answered, reading the letter once more. "Aurora divides her classes based on their rank in skill. I think we were in the intermediate class, or she wouldn't have let us join her advance sessions."

"I don't know whether to take this as a compliment or an insult," Dark muttered. "How are we supposed to rule the world in fear if we're not even in the best class here?"

"We are not going to rule the world in fear brother, I get a say in our choices same as you." Dark muttered under his breath, but Yang paid no attention. "Shall we go to this or not?"

"I think we shouldn't, but on the other hand it may lead to more strength, so let's anyway."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aurora led her two students, Zolf and Ren, towards the mountains. They hadn't advanced very far, and were still in the grass plains. Neither of the two students complained, but they must have been curious as to where they were going.

Suddenly, Aurora stopped moving, closing her eyes in a trance-like way. Ren walked up to her.

"What's wrong teacher?" he asked, while Zolf came up to see what was happening also.

"They're here," she said at last, turning towards her two students.

"Who's here?" asked Zolf, looking around to see whom she was talking about.

"Your new classmates," the Ominea answered.

"You mean there are others in the advance class too?"

"Yes, he's from the intermediate class, but he's proven himself worthy to attend at the advance level."

"But you said there were two, why did you just say 'he?'" asked Ren.

Shadows danced before them, playing with their eyesight. Ren and Zolf followed the black shadows, watching in surprise as their own shadows began to move without their command. They formed gruesome monsters, and hideous demons.

Aurora rolled her eyes. "Kenjin, stop playing around with that old party trick," she said, and was satisfied to see them cease, and shrouds of darkness swirl into one, forming Kenjin.

"Zolf, Ren, this is Kenjin. They will be joining our class."

You overacted, came Yang's voice from behind the shadow master. Even if those two can only see you, I almost wish that I could disappear.

First impressions are always important, Dark answered his light side, while Ren and Zolf looked at the shadow with interest.

Signature by the Sinfully Delicious Lady Knives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Queen, about Power Shot
[11:35:27 AM] Anime_Queen says: thing is,
[11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
[11:35:48 AM] Anime_Queen says: quite unfortunate
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Tactician Keybearer

OoC: Hey! I remember you! You wanted to battle Nottuu sometime back. Sadly, I am still too freakin busy for any new battles . But, Kenjin gets the next best thing: he gets to train with Nottuu's son, Ren .

Oh and sorry I've been gone for so long, I've been moving and it has been hell . I wasn't able to get a phoneline until today. Anywho ...

BiC: Ren studied the new comer with mild interest. Great ... another freak of nature--er--magic or something, thought Ren as his crimson eyes narrowed. His gaze caught the white eyes of the strange being. The Retuson's stare hardened into a glower. His eyes ... there were like his father's. No, they were different at the same time. Nottuu's held no feeling and this thing ... its eyes were filled with cruelity and some sort of persona. No one could ever match Nottuu's eyes. Those eyes had the power to freeze anyone.

The young warrior turned to his teacher, his face softening a little but still looking irritable. He said with a very annoyed tone, "Where in the Dark Realm are we going any way? And how long is it going to take to get there? I want to get this over as fast as possible." He then turned his attention back to Kenjin and Zolf, his glare reformed. "Oh and if you guys are going to be here you better stay out of my way!"

Zolf opened if his mouth as if to retort but Ren ignored him. His gaze locked upon Kenjin as he snarled, "Oh, let me guess ... out to destory the world and everything in it? You're all the same--arrogant bullies who can't back themselves up when called upon. I can't believe disgusting trash like you got into the Dome."

The Retuson turned his back on the two fighters, and before before Kenjin could say anything back, Ren asked "So Aurora, where are we going and what are we going to do when we get there?"

OoC: I must apologize for Ren's sour mood, today has been a bad day for him so far (yes, I speak as if my characters are real). So don't mind if he mocks your character, nothing personal, lol.

#13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2005, 10:28 AM
kero-kero, kero-kero

OoC: Warning: Corny alert.

Zolf had rolled his eyes amusedly as Ren insulted Kenjin's dark side. This kid was a real piece of work. Not only was he picking fights with his other classmates already, but he also smelled like blood. Someone else's blood. The pseudo human followed the others, pondering if Ren had simply trained with someone else earlier today. Somehow, he doubted it. He nodded to Kenjin, a small greeting. The Master of Darkness simply glared at him as he walked.

Wow, what luck! I get stuck with Captain Charismatic and the Mister Maturity! Zolf thought sarcastically, his white eyes only half open as he walked.

"So Aurora, where are we going and what are we going to do when we get there?"

Ren waited impatiently for the answer.

"You'll see. Just keep walking."

Zolf's eyes moved from the ground to his teacher's back. His shoulders shifted as he walked, his muscles seeming to become tighter with each step. He didn't really notice until a ripping noise alerted the others. His shirt was tearing in every place, and his stretchy pants were a life-saver. Humiliating himself wasn't exactly part of his plan. He felt strangely at peace as his long purple hair became rigid, lengthening and wrapping around his newly buff person. He didn't have time to say another word.

Ren and Kenjin were ready to strike. Aurora told them to stand their ground.

The others were looking at him with uncertainty, and had their weapons drawn. There were murmuring shrieks and growls coming from inside the purple prison, making Ren and the others feel all the more uncomfortable. There was a noise like a slowly ripping branch as the cocoon opened, creating a momentary flash of light. When it faded, Zolf was on his knees. Sweat dripped from his face; his hands pressed to the dirt.

Aurora smiled when she saw how he had changed. His hair trailed down to the back of his knees, but about halfway, it formed two spikey wings that spread upward at angles. His frame was sinewy, the muscles pulled tightly together. Aurora came to Zolf's side, and helped him to his feet.

"Meta Cherubim...that's what he called me."

"What?"

"It was...it was my dad. He's...alive."
Last Edited by Batrachius; 10-07-2005 at 07:30 PM. Reason:
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-06-2005, 06:28 PM

OoC: You were right, that was corny.

BiC:

"Get of the ground," Kenjin muttered, obvserving the sad state the warrior had been reduced to.

"Kenjin behave," Aurora answered, helping Zolf off the ground, "you need to respect others, understood?"

"Whatever," Kenjin replied, looking over at the mountains. "When are we going to get to wherever it is you're taking us Ominea?"

"Show Aurora the respect she deserves shadow," Ren retorted, "she's much stronger than you will ever be."

"I'll believe it when I see it," the Master of Darkness answered, then returned to himself.

Behave brother, came Yang's voice. He hadn't spoken in a while.

Don't tell me what to do Yang, Dark answered, I don't tell you how to live your share of our life.

Actually, you do everyday, his light side said.

Fine, I'll let you play for a bit, I'm bored. Aloud, he said to the others, "If you'll excuse me, I'll be leaving."

"What do you mean?" asked Ren, who didn't like the shadow master at the moment, and wished he'd leave.

"Oh, I mean I'm letting my other half come out a little. I hope you like him."

Kenjin slammed his hands together, and in a loud voice shouted, "Body Swap!" A bright, flamming light expelled from Kenjin, forming the Master of Light for all to see.

Yang looked around at his new classmates, they had no idea there were two people inhabiting the same body. He smiled.

"Hello, I am Yang Kenjin, the Master of Light," he said politely to the others, and turned to Aurora. "Where exactly are we going, Ominea?"

OoC: Sorry it's little, but I was wondering what Ry-san wants us to do.

Quote:
[11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2005, 05:58 AM
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth
Steam ID: Tiroth 3DS ID: 3480-3281-7807

View Posts: 10,415

OoC: Okay - here's my first post. Sorry this took so long, people. Apologies also for how short it is, and if I got Ren's character wrong - it just seemed appropriate with how he's been acting.

BiC: Chetarren paused at the door that the Dome had guided him to. The note from Aurora inviting the old warrior to a class for her more advanced students lay inside the bag he carried, within easy reach if he required any of the details listed on it. The centaur tracker looked forward to seeing what calibre of being was considered to be among the best in the Dome, and how his own skills and abilities measured up to theirs.

Reaching out with his free hand, the centaur pushed the door open and stepped inside. The beauty of the Dome’s ornate gardens greeted his hazel eyes, stretching into the distance. A group of trees stood off to one side, where the summoner’s note had told him to go. A quick gallop that stretched his legs brought him to the edge of the trees, where he slowed his pace and began to move carefully and quietly, blending in easily with the trees around him.

It didn’t take long for the tracker to reach the other edge of the trees, despite his slower pace and carefully controlled movements. From the shadows beneath the trees, the old centaur could see Aurora and her students, standing a little way into what appeared to be a great plain. The mountain in the distance gave him pause, remembering the last time he had been on a mountain, but Chetarren shrugged the feeling off and approached the group in front of him.

The pseudo-human was the first of the four to see him. He turned more fully towards the centaur and said something the warrior couldn’t hear properly, alerting the others to his presence. Aurora had a small smile on her lips when he stopped in front of them, his movements almost completely soundless.

Ren spoke first, his tone bordering on scathing. “And who is this horse-guy meant to be? Another classmate?”

The young boy would have said more if it weren’t for the steel spear-tip pressing against his throat. “I will let the insult pass this time, human child, but only once. Do not cross me again.” Chetarren nodded a greeting to Aurora and her other two students as he brought the spear back to his side. “I am Chetarren Caesar,” he said.

Ren rubbed his throat where the spear had touched his skin and glared at the centaur.

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2005, 02:08 PM
Dark Queen of Huggles

Aurora smirked at her student's flare of temper, but let it pass. There would be bigger reasons to stand between her students soon enough. It always happened that way when you had a group so diverse.

"Well, I guess I might as well tell you what we're doing now, as opposed to later." The two youths, as well as Dark Kenjin, raised an eyebrow as though to say, "Duh, that's what we've been asking you for the last several minutes." While the Light sorcerer and the centaur looked down at their shorter teacher patiently awaiting instructions.

She looked into the distance at the looming mountain range, feeling a passing twinge of foreboding pass through the old general. "We are on a quest, one that will take us across what will seem entire continents."

"And, why would all this hoofing it," Zolf shot Chetarren a small glance, smirking at his own pun, "be worth it?"

Thankfully, Aurora happened to be standing squarely between the psuedo human and the older warrior. She cast a soothing glance and thought back to her large friend as he snorted irritatedly at the youth's impertinence. Just a touch, but enough to let him know now was not the time. The stallion lowered his spear once more.

She looked straight into Zolf's eyes without missing a beat. "Do you wish to control your abilities? Or, would you rather spend half your days in fear of what you'll phaze into, or do, the next minute?" She met the Kenjins' collective stare next. "Do you ever wish to best me? There is only one way you could ever hope to." Ren's sullen eyes were her next target. Her voice grew low, seeming to be only for him. "Do you wish to go home to your love, whole as she would wish?" She felt no need to voice Chetarren's desire to answer his one question. He was wise enough in his years to know this already. He was as loyal a friend as she would ever have, and was here as much at her request as anything else.

Three pairs of eyes glinted with the ambition as she voiced their desires. "Then, it's settled," she commented with finality.

It was light Kenjin's turn to voice a question. "You mean there is something in this room that can fulfill ALL those very different goals?"

"Yes."

"An object of power indeed." Chetarren commented thoughtfully.

"Indeed it is." Aurora agreed. She still had a shadow of mystery in her eyes, but an air of finality in her voice that quelled any further questions as she struck out on the three day journey toward the mountains, their first challenge. One of many to come.

They walked until nightfall, when Aurora left instructions to each of her students. Zolf was to build the fire, Kenjin to construct the tent she conjured, and Chetarren and Ren to find food, which she would prepare upon their return. They parted ways, some grumbling, to complete their appointed tasks.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Tactician Keybearer

Chetarren walked, more like trotted, in front of Ren. What kind of food was there to find out here anyway? thought the Retuson. He would guess that rabbit would be the best thing to find out there. The thought of food was soon blown out of his mind by this mysterious object of power that his teacher had mentioned. What was it? It obviously had the power to grant one's desires ... perhaps Ren wasn't the best person have his wishes granted. He knew full well that he might become drunk with that kind of power. He had in the past and that hadn't had a good outcome.

He definitely wanted to see Trisa and his friends again. He didn't really feel like himself lately. It sort of started to scare him. He usually wasn't as rude as he had been today. His comments were truly uncalled for. Except for the Dark Kenjin. Ren wouldn't take back what he said. He meant every word of it. But even then ... perhaps he was being too harsh. He didn't feel like himself anymore. He felt and acted like when he was his father's assassin ... that was what scared him the most. I never want to be like that again. He had been so merciless. He was beginning to feel like that now. Trisa had always had the power to hold those influences under control. Now that they were separated he felt as if that block was beginning to dissolve.

And what would happen when they find this object of power? Would he lose all sense of himself? Would he become a ruthless murderer again? Ren felt his stomach clench at the very thought. Dear Akasha ... please help me to remember who I am. But if this object had the power to grant anything ... could Ren bring his brother back from the dead?

The Retuson stopped in his tracks. He would give anything to correct his biggest mistake. To have his brother back ... would he be forgiven for killing him? This object would undoubtedly be hard to obtain. Perhaps this was his way for atonement. A smile curved up on his lips as his head remained bowed as he stared at his boots. The smirk was almost unnatural; it was twisted. Perhaps coming to the Dome was not a mistake after all.

Ren looked up as his sneer faded and saw Chetarren walking far ahead of him. He had been very rude to the old warrior ... he knew he should apologize. That's what the good Ren would do. The Retuson picked up his pace quickly and silently caught up with him.

"Hey, Chetarren," whispered Ren, keeping his pace with Chetarren's fast legs. "I just wanted to clear some things up with you."

The centaur's hazel eyes peeked at him from the side. Ren saw his jaw tighten. Wow, he must really not like me.

"First of all," began the young Retuson. "Don't call me human, okay? 'Cause that's just insulting. I ain't no human. I'm a Retuson, or half dragon in other words. My other half is elf blood, so don't call me human. Second of all ..." He paused and turned his head to face the direction in front of him. Gods, I hate apologizing ... His jaw tightened and his eyes narrowed as he continued. "I ... I'm sorry about being rude earlier ... I've had a bad day and it makes me a real jerk--later!"

Ren dashed ahead of Chetarren without looking back to see the guy's expression. Okay, so he apologized. That's it--no problem. If he still hates me than that's his problem.

Last Edited by Shrub; 10-21-2005 at 12:39 AM. Reason:
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 07:36 AM
Lord of Din
Send a message via AIM to Tiroth Send a message via Skype™ to Tiroth
Steam ID: Tiroth 3DS ID: 3480-3281-7807

View Posts: 10,415

OoC: Apologies for referring to Ren as a child all the time, but to Chetarren, he is.

BiC: Chetarren stood and watched the Retuson child run swiftly ahead of him for a moment, his hazel eyes watching the way the child darted about. The old centaur revised his opinion of Ren in the wake of his apology, especially as he could understand how hard it had been to give it. Apologies from the young were hard to come by, and the old warrior could tell this one had more trouble than most with them.

Shrugging, the centaur set off after him across the plain. Ren appeared to be stalking something; from the movements of the grass near him, it seemed to be a number of rabbits. Chetarren took a moment to reach down and find a smooth stone he could use for throwing, then watched with hooded eyes as Ren continued to move towards the rabbits. When they sensed his presence and scattered, the young boy moved swiftly, bagging two of the small creatures - how, the centaur couldn't see. A third squealed and rolled, dead, when Chetarren threw his stone, striking the plumpest rabbit he could see on it's neck.

Walking up to Ren, the old warrior handed him the third rabbit. "Take these back to Aurora," he said, turning to leave. "I shall find some roots or vegetables to go with them." The Retuson's eyes narrowed slightly at being given orders, but he nodded and turned back to the camp. He stopped for a moment and looked back when the centaur called over his shoulder. "Well done with catching those two."

Not waiting to see how Ren responded to his compliment - or even if he responded - Chetarren increased his pace and moved away, keen eyes scanning the ground for signs of any edible plants. He stopped periodically to examine those he recognised as such, and clipped away some leaves or a stem from each one - not enough to permanently hinder the plants in any way, but enough so that he steadily built up a stock of roots and vegetables that Aurora and her students could use for food.

After a half hour or so, the tracker decided he had gathered enough for his teacher and friend to work with, so he turned back towards the camp that had been set up. He ran back at a full gallop, just enjoying the feeling of wind in his face for the long minutes it took him to return.

Chetarren Caesar||Ilyena||Laurana||Brann
"I can't be bothered to procrastinate. Maybe I'll do it later." - Pandaemonium
"You're a scary scary reading monster >_<" - Saber
OLDIES 4 LYFE
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 04:27 PM

OoC: Whoops, looks like I'd better get posting.

BiC:

"How do you do this again?" Dark muttered in shadow form, while Yang laid out the tent they were to sleep in.

"Well, I-oh my, this is quite big, isn't it?" Yang gasped. He was right, big might have even been an understatement. Aurora knew how to travel in class. The canopy would easily house twenty people, it was monstrous.

"Fitting," Dark muttered, "after all, we are the Advanced class." They surveyed the size and measure of the tent, piecing together what they were going to have to do, for Aurora had left no instructions.

Fully laid, the tent appeared the size of a small house, perfect for housing the four classmates. There was only the small matter of raising it. Aurora had left no rope.

"Looks like we need to make some rope," Dark muttered, annoyed at the teacher's purposeful incompetence. "We should be able to make it from the nearby elements." He saw Yang nod with agreement.

"Kenjin Chaos Fusion!" they shouted, flashing brightly before forming the Master of Sorcery. He knew what needed to be done.

The fused Kenjins walked towards some trees in the distance, looking for roots. He held up his hand and, in a loud clear voice, shouted, "Element of Earth!"

At once, the earth began to open up as a gaping wound, revealing long, firm tree roots that reached for what seemed miles. These will be perfect , he thought to himself, reaching for the Swords of Balance. In one fierce cutting sweep, long roots became uprooted from the ground.

Quote:
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-21-2005, 06:23 PM
kero-kero, kero-kero

OoC: Sorry I took so long...I was grounded.

BiC: As Kenjin, the omi-god MASTER of saucery or whatever added the finishing touches to the sleeping accomodations, Zolf was nearby, doing his duty. While Kenjin had been summoning roots, yelling, Zolf was trying to focus on remembering certain unstable formulas he invented.

Trychioxide...Camethylene...and a drop of the ol' red stuff.

With his free hand he placed a hand on the grass, kneeling. There was a slithering noise as the grass began squirming away from his hand, leaving fresh dirt. Zolf focused heavily, waiting for his power to kick in. There was nothing for a while, but Kenjin muttered when the dirt rose, shaping into a perfectly created elevated hearth, circular and concave. He backed away, and poured the two vials into his mouth, gargling cheerfully. While he did this, he placed the two empty vials into his belt, withdrawing a final crimson concoction. He made sure to take only a drip, and mixed it thoroughly with his already working oral cavity. When he was finished, he drew out the two empty vials again, and drained exactly half of his maw’s contents into each.

Satisfied, he stood back from the unnatural structure, and hurled both of the vials into the hearth, and in a hazy explosion of color, fire appeared. Obvisously not a natural flame, it crackled with a sapphire tint that was both comforting and warm.

Zolf turned, and saw Kenjin was done with his task also, as the tent looked sturdily erected, and all the more inviting. Ah, what a relief to know his part was done; now he could curl up inside that thing and-

A droplet of water gently struck the back of his neck, chilling him. There was a defiant hiss as the young man with purple hair saw his fire start to die in the growing precipitation. Kenjin chuckled, as it became nothing more than a black burn on the crafted earth.

“Fantastic…” Zolf quickly looked for something to help him. The tent was the only thing that caught his eye. He had an idea, and walked over to where Kenjin stood, and placed his digits on the fabric’s rough texture. His concentration made the master of sorcery give him a questionable glance. A few seconds later, it started to happen. The fabric’s color moved up his hand, acting as if it were swallowing him. After finishing at his back, he removed his hand, which now had the same properties as the fabric he used to get it, but he had absolute control over it’s form. He reached with one arm towards the hearth, and the fingers spread and began lengthening and the fibers disassembled like a spider’s web, intricately forming a small canopy the perfect height above where the fire would be once more, yet still positioned and formed so no rain could permeate it and extinguish the fire.

After noting that the shelter could not stand by itself, Zolf leapt over to the roof of the tent, his now super-light body able to move across it freely. He had to lengthen his arm even more to move over to the tent, to keep from pulling the awning down, and when he landed on the roof, he detached the fibers of his fingers and they sowed into the roof of the tent, which would now act as a support.

His clothy body lightly descended back onto the dirt, his eyes the only thing that stayed the same in this form. Now that the canopy was secured, he used the remaining dampness of the rain with several drops of red fluid, a fire identical to the one before appeared, and Kenjin decided to inquire.

“Why didn’t you just do that in the first place?”

“Ah, using those other chemicals saves how much Tobisclyne I use. It’s a minor inconvienience,” he said, grinning with a mouth of dented fabric.
Last Edited by Batrachius; 10-23-2005 at 05:17 PM. Reason:

Tags
advanced, class, rysan