Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-01-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,313
The Great Hunt Discussion

Welcome to the country of Hamara, a land plagued by an infamous criminal and shady characters. You are a bounty hunter out to bring in these criminals and bring safety and security back into the land.

However, there is one criminal in particular which has caught your eye; the nefarious codename "Yoru," a particularly nefarious bastard who has rumored to have been to be responsible for over a 100 deaths, village massacres and other things. It is hard to sort truth from fiction, but one thing is for sure, there is a $1,000,000 bounty for this son of a ❤❤❤❤❤ and it is steadily rising.

Whoever brings this scum of the earth in not only receives the bounty, but will be hailed as the greatest bounty hunter of all time. Many have tried and many have failed.

Will your luck be any different?

The color zones on the crappy drawn map are the different city states.

General Overview
Spoiler:  

As you can tell from the crappy opening, the point of this RP is to catch the criminal known as "Yoru." You can work together with people or by yourself. It's your call.

You don't need to wait for others to post before posting yourself. This RP is set up to reward those who are more active participants then those who are not.

Now, you can die in this RP. I will highlight actions which can potentially kill you in red. I will not tell you how to overcome this obstacle; this is for you to figure out. It will take integrity, creativity or plain old common sense on your part. However, if you do die, it will be announced in dark red.

Fear not though! If you do die, you can start all over again. With a new character.

This RP will last until somebody finds and kills "Yoru." During your hunt, you can talk to NPCs for leads or buying help. (I will make a map of Hamara; for your own reference it is a collection of loose city states which is kind of like a confederation. As a result, there is many different political structures. You are free to establish a part of Hamara in your history-I encourage it in fact. Less work for me. Oh, and everyone is human.) Now be warned, a lead can (and will) lead to a dead end. You will have to figure out who to trust and who not to trust.

Now, each RPer will start out with $50,000 cash. You will spend money for leads, bribing people, hiring people, etc. You can earn this money back by taking up job requests whether they be for lesser bounties or odd jobs. You can find this by going to a village board. When somebody does this, I will announce the jobs available and then put them on the front page for that town. (In addition, I will be drawing a crappy map of each area.)

Each time you spend or earn money, it will be put on your public receipt unless its a shady underground deal. In that case, you can PM me and while the money will be deducted, it will not be known to the other RPers what you spent that money on.

In addition, private conversations between a PC and a NPC will be conducted via PM. If it is in a public place (such as a bar) it will be conducted via the discussion. If you wish to have a private conversation with another player, you may conduct it privately after a) you ask my permission about it and b) you post the location of your characters in the RP. Afterwards, one of you must send me the full transcript of what your characters talked about so I am kept in the loop. (Seeing I am the dungeon master and all.)

Each new area a player goes into whether it is a town or a building, I will describe what it looks like and who is there.

Fighting
Spoiler:  

You have the choice between 11 fields. These fields are:

Melee
Sword
Spear
Axe
Tonfa
Flail

Long Range
Guns
Bow and arrow

Magic
Fire-Magic which focuses on the control of fire. Higher levels can create fire without the use of help.
Water- Magic that focuses on water and its different forms. Upper level mages may use different forms of water such as ice and steam.
Air- It mostly focuses on wind, but expert air mages may use atmospheric magic.
Earth- The control of earth. The higher the level, the more earth you can control.
Light-Healing magic. The higher the level, the more you can heal. (Pretty much the white mage.)

Now you can either be an expert in one of these fields or have a major in one and a minor in another. So for example, you can either be a full fledged fire major or major in fire and minor in lets say water. The combinations are endless (well, not really-I just don't feel like doing the math) but it will be a type of strategy of what you choose.

Fighting Levels
Spoiler:  

Melee
Sword
Minor: Limited to knowledge of basic usage of a sword and how to use it. Can only go up to one handed swords, but would tend to be carrying smaller knives.
Major: A talented swordsman, would be at a "knight" level. Can go up to double handed big ass swords. They may also use sword and board.
Expert: Those crazy ❤❤❤❤ers who can use their swords to block gun bullets. Their sword is just another part of their body and usage of it is completely natural. They can use any type of sword they wish and can wield up to two like a time.

Spear
Minor: Used as melee weapon with long reach and to keep people at bay. Once again, very basic usage. Would wield basic foot soldier spear.
Major: Would know how to use a spear effectively and be able to throw it (as where a minor would not). Would be able to use most spears (with exceptions in things such as halbreds, fauchards, etc)
Expert: Can use any type of spear and they can use their spears to do crazy ass stunts like vault themselves walls and ❤❤❤❤. They can use it like a bo.

Axe
Minor: Knows how to use an axe. That's basically it. The knowledge would be more suited towards stationary objects like how to cut wood right. Would wield wood axes and ❤❤❤❤ like that.
Major: Would know how to use an axe in battle efficiently. Would wield battle axes or any other one handed kind of axe.
Expert: A ❤❤❤❤ing beast. Can chop through any obstacle whether it be a human or otherwise.

Tonfa
Minor: Knows how to use basic skills and how to use a tonfa correctly.
Major: Knows how to use advanced techniques. Can use bladed tonfas.
Expert: ❤❤❤❤ing Talim from Soul Caliber.

Flail
Minor: You can flail wildly and hope you hit ❤❤❤❤. As long as you have good force, you should be good.
Major: You have precise aim, so no ❤❤❤❤ up here. You will also have more force.
Expert: God you use ALL the weapon. Not only the ball part, but you know how to use the chain intentionally as well and wrap around things such as your opponents weapon or arm. You will be a sneaky bastard flail ninja.

Long Range
Guns
Minor: You know how to shoot and load a gun. Just stick to simple handguns. The further away the shot, the less likely it will be able to hit.
Major: You know your guns and the different types of guns and how to use them. You have a good shot, although the further back you are from the target, the less likely it will be to hit. However, your hit distance is greater than the minor.
Expert: You are a ❤❤❤❤ing sniper in all the guns. You know how to make the best use of any gun and can hit ❤❤❤❤ at the maximum range a gun can go.

Bows and arrows
Minor: Knows how to string an arrow and fire it. Just like the gun, the further away the shot, the less likely it will be able to hit. Not that it can fly all the far.
Major: Knows how to use various bows (long bows, crossbows, short bows) and is a decent shot. While not exactly a sniper, the force behind the arrows will be a lot more powerful and will have a longer range. Also the ability to hit ❤❤❤❤ at a distance is greatly increased, although the further back you get the less likely to hit things.
Expert: ❤❤❤❤ing Hawkeye from the Avengers. You can use "specialty" arrows and all types of bows. Sniper this ❤❤❤❤.

Magic
Fire
Minor: You can start a fire by creating a "spark." This spark is created by the use of friction. For example if you snap your fingers, you can create a flame to appear. The flames aren't very big, nor are that particularly hot. Will cause first to second degree burns. You cannot throw them, and can only be used on the person.
Major: You don't need to use friction to cause fire to happen. You can throw the flames up to 100 yards and can use remote flame magic for the same distance. You can create weapons made of flames and will cause up to fourth degree burns. (Note: You can only create melee weapons, and your ability to use that weapon applies as if it was an actual weapon-for example if you make a fire sword but minor in spear, you will have no idea how to properly fight with a sword.)
Expert: ❤❤❤❤ dawg, you can cause fires (and explosions) to appear anywhere you can see. You can shape your fire magic into whatever the ❤❤❤❤ you want, the more creative you are, better for you. You can cause up to fifth and sixth degree burns. (Although, this would be when you are pretty ❤❤❤❤ing mad and being like hulk smash.)

Water
Minor: You can control liquid water from wherever there is water reserves (lakes, puddles, streams, etc) you can only control the weight of water that your character can lift physically. For example, if your character can only lift 20 lb., your character can only control about 20 lb. of water. In addition, the more water you are controlling, the less control you have over it. So, if you are controlling 20 lb. of water, it will be very slow and sloppy and you will lose water while you are trying to move it around.
Major: You can control gas, liquid and frozen forms of water. (However, you cannot make them do phase changes-for example if you have water that you are controlling, you cannot make it go into ice.) You can control up to the amount of lift perfectly-anymore and you start to lose control.
Expert: You can take water from wherever there is water-including the atmosphere if there is any. (Like if there is hot and dry, there is no water in the atmosphere, but if it is hot and humid you are in luck.) You can do phase changes and control water 2x the amount you can lift physically with perfect ease.

Air
Minor: You can make winds blow up to 20 mph and if you can use "wind boosts" to help with jumping abilities.
Major: You can make winds up to 100 mph and you can use your powers to help you fly around (depending on how you used it with what tools-for example if you have a sailcloth and use your wind powers into the cloth, happy sailing) and other cool ❤❤❤❤.
Expert: You can make winds up to 120 mph. Have fun destroying ❤❤❤❤ and causing a lot of ❤❤❤❤ing problems for people. Also, you can you air atmosphere -you can make it have more atmosphere or less. However, you can never fully make it so there is no breathable air.

Earth
Minor: You can move small bits of earth, although you can't go higher then how tall you are. (So if you are six feet, you can only move earth up to 6 feet in any direction.) You must be touching the earth to move it. (So, for example, you can only move earth which a part of your body is physically touching.)
Major: You can move a lot earth, so kind of think of earth benders in the Avatar series. Also, you can move earth in mid air without having to hit the ground nor do you have to be touching the earth to move it.
Expert: You can do everything a major can and more. (For example you can drill a tunnel through a mountain while a major cannot.) In addition, you can bend metal.

Light
Minor: You can heal minor scrapes and bruises.
Major: You can heal major injuries and status effects (such as poison and burns that are up to third degree).
Expert: You can heal critical injuries, and as long as somebody is still breathing, you can bring them back to full power. You can pretty much do anything in healing as long as it's not bringing back the dead. You are pretty much the white mage nobody wants to mess with.

Power combo
Spoiler:  

Note: These are combos I have thought of. If some of you clever bastards think up others, I will add them to the list once approved.

Major: Any melee weapon
Minor: Fire
Ability: By striking the weapon against something like a match, you can set it on fire. Levels for each apply.

Major: Bows and arrows
Minor: Fire
Ability: If you strike an arrow like a match before loading it in your bow, you will have a fire arrow. Levels for each apply.

Major: Fire
Minor: Any melee weapon
Ability: Flaming weapon. Abilities for each level applies.

Minor: Bow and arrow
Ability: Fire arrow. Abilities for each level applies.

Minor: Gun
Ability: After you shoot, you can set fire to the bullet and make that ❤❤❤❤ explode. Abilities for each level applies.

Major: Sword, axe, tonfa
Minor: Air
Ability: You can make wind blades. Like you can focus the wind around the blade so you can "cut" a person when you swing the sword even if you don't land a hit. Abilities for each level apply.

Major: Guns
Ability: You can make a "wind tunnel" around your bullet to keep it on track. Abilities for each level apply.

Major: Air
Minor: Sword, axe
Ability: You can make wind blades. You can focus the wind around the blade so you can "cut" a person when you swing the sword even if you don't land a hit. Abilities for each level apply.

Major: Air
Minor: Gun
Ability: You can make a "wind tunnel" around with your bullet to keep it on track. Abilities for each level apply.

Major: Flail
Minor: Sword, axe
Ability: If you have a smaller sword, axe you can use it as a defense weapon. Abilities for each level apply.

Character Rubric
Spoiler:  

Name:

Apperance:

Personality:

Fighting type: For this area it will be either something like Expert: Fire or Major: Gun, Minor: Light. Get it?

Carried items: This is where you put your items, weapons, ❤❤❤❤ like that, etc.

Virtues:
Vices:

History:

Rules:
Spoiler:  

1) This isn't an RP where you gotta worry about somebody else to post unless you are working together with somebody. As such, no one will be harassing you to post. You put in how much you want to put in. But on this note, just because somebody is in a different area does not mean you are in a different area. You will be in the same area since you last posted. I will be keeping track.
2) You can fight (and kill) other players. However, you can only kill another player with that player's consent. You can kill NPCs as well (obviously) but be warned all your actions will have consequences. What they are is only for me to know.
3) General VCR/BA rules apply. No God modding, no using other players as NPCs, no power playing. All that good ❤❤❤❤. This is basic etiquette 101 and I will make sure these rules are in effect.
4) If I feel you are doing something outside of your character's bound I will call you out on it. You can argue your case, but if you don't make a good enough argument, you will have to change it.
5) You must tell me of any interaction between characters which will affect the RP, even if it is just a little.
6) Keep the OoC chat out of the RP thread. That is what the discussion thread is for.
7) Anybody who keeps on flagrantly disregarding these rules will have their character mercilessly killed and they will not be allowed to rejoin the RP.

Note: Rules may be amended during the RP. If they are amended, there will be a notification in the discussion thread.

Please send me your character via PM for approval. Once I give you the thumbs up, you are allowed to post here. You can amend your character once approved, but please note when you do so I can make sure the character is kept in line.

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 06-01-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-01-2012, 09:21 PM
The Best background pony!
Send a message via Skype™ to Bon Bon
View Posts: 1,250
Re: The Great Hunt Discussion

I'll be waiting eagerly for this to start.

And I lied about how I'd spend my 50k
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-02-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm not sorry

Oh this is a note for everyone; Hamara is kind of loosely based off of Ancient Greece government wise. So, say for example the small green island is like Sparta (in politics and government) while the red texas country is like Athens. Hell, the orange country could be like the Vatican. The possibilities are endless.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:43 PM
jesus take the prndl
Send a message via Skype™ to ArtsyGal
View Posts: 1,917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki View Post
Oh this is a note for everyone; Hamara is kind of loosely based off of Ancient Greece government wise. So, say for example the small green island is like Sparta (in politics and government) while the red texas country is like Athens. Hell, the orange country could be like the Vatican. The possibilities are endless.
You really love Ancient Greece, don't you? XD
Well, I'll have to do my research, then, since I know next to nothing about the Ancient Greek government.

And this seems extremely interesting. I love it already. It also seems to be really suspenseful, which is something I haven't seen in many RP's lately.

But before I send my PM about my character's info, I have a few questions:

Quote:
Fighting type: For this area it will be either something like Expert: Fire or Major: Gun, Minor: Light. Get it?

Carried items: This is where you put your items, weapons, ❤❤❤❤ like that, etc.
So, I can have one expert ability, one major ability, and one minor ability? And I can't train/abandon/learn any abilities?

And can I keep things like sentimental items? Like let's say your character's an orphan with no friends and family. Can he/she carry around a locket with a picture of his/her family and friends [that are all dead] for sentimental value? And can someone (NPC or PC) steal your items?

[Music Thread]
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm not sorry

Well, it isn't based off of Ancient Greek government, just how it was city states. Like you can have a city state that is based off 18th century England. And I love mythology.

No. You can have either ONE expert ability or one major and minor ability. This is all part of the strategy. And you can't train/abandon/learn any abilities. You can be more creative with your fighting style as long as its within the means of the parameters you have chosen.

Yes, and yes. Also, for objects such as guns and bows and arrows, you need to say how much ammo you have because I will keep track and once you run out, you have to buy more. Also, you should think on what you want to carry, and how you will carry it. Like I would suggest a canteen because you are going to need to drink water. And a first aid kit (and don't forget to say what is in it.)

BA Characters
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:54 PM
jesus take the prndl

Quote:
Well, it isn't based off of Ancient Greek government, just how it was city states. Like you can have a city state that is based off 18th century England. And I love mythology.

No. You can have either ONE expert ability or one major and minor ability. This is all part of the strategy. And you can't train/abandon/learn any abilities. You can be more creative with your fighting style as long as its within the means of the parameters you have chosen.

Yes, and yes. Also, for objects such as guns and bows and arrows, you need to say how much ammo you have because I will keep track and once you run out, you have to buy more. Also, you should think on what you want to carry, and how you will carry it. Like I would suggest a canteen because you are going to need to drink water. And a first aid kit (and don't forget to say what is in it.)
So I can just be a pure mage? That's so me, although I would love to also do some BA katana blade combat.

And if one were to choose water, if they were an expert, could they extract the pure water out of some dirty liquids if they needed water?
And how would pure light mages fight? I don't want to be one; I'm just curious.

[Music Thread]
Last Edited by ArtsyGal; 06-08-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason:
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-07-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm not sorry

You can be a pure mage, but you wouldn't be able to wield any weapons. It's written so you have to choose carefully on what you want to do

And yes, you could. And pure light mages wouldn't really fight, they are the healers of the group. They would be more likely to hire an NPC out to do the fighting for them or make a contract with a PC. However, as long as they aren't dead, they can heal themselves making them actually the hardest to kill.

BA Characters
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 01:50 PM
jesus take the prndl

Quote:
You can be a pure mage, but you wouldn't be able to wield any weapons. It's written so you have to choose carefully on what you want to do

And yes, you could. And pure light mages wouldn't really fight, they are the healers of the group. They would be more likely to hire an NPC out to do the fighting for them or make a contract with a PC. However, as long as they aren't dead, they can heal themselves making them actually the hardest to kill.
Oh yeah, I forgot that you can have followers like in Skyrim
But here, you can either have NPC followers or PC followers, which is nice.

And on a side note, I think the RP's title is fine.

[Music Thread]
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Royal Hylian

View Posts: 946

Quote:
Name: Alexander

Sex: Male

Appearance: A man of average height with plain brown hair that is kept swept back with light stubble along his jaw. He has a lean build with a light (not pale) skin tone and dark green eyes. There is a small scar that is just above his right eyebrow and he has the slight beginnings of wrinkles at the corner of his eyes. He dresses as a gentleman should with sleek black dress pants, a white dress shirt buttoned to the top, and a black suit jacket that he keeps buttoned to his chest. He wears a dark red tie that is just barely visible and plain black dress shoes. He carries a long sabre sheathed at his waist on his left side and a shorter blade on his right. He also carries a small black case with him.

Personality: Alexander is a very calm and collected person. Though not above berating someone for their faults or mistakes, he never raises his voice when doing so instead keeping an almost pleasant disposition. He is incredibly polite and generally keeps everything as ‘just business’. He has a great appreciation for tradition and believes the art of swordplay and the like to be far superior to the act of pulling a trigger and views magic as abhorrent. He only shows any visible anger when his sword skills come into question or when faced with a true criminal. Though classified as a bounty hunter, Alexander believes himself to be a virtuous hero, eliminating the world of evil and will only take jobs accordingly.

Fighting Type: Expert: Swords

Carried Items: 3 foot long sabre with a reinforced hilt and a folded steel blade; a two foot long parrying dagger with a wide reinforced hilt and a thick steel blade; a small black case that contains a sharpening stone, two rolls of white bandage, a bottle of antiseptic, and needle and thread; a flask(inside his jacket) which holds a half litre(500mL) of water.

Virtues: He believes in tradition and treats any opponent with some skill in traditional weapons with respect and believes he is ultimately doing the right thing. He doesn’t go out of his way to kill someone and when left no other option he does his best to be quick. He is a master with blades.

Vices: His disgust of magic and gunpowder make him particularly irritable when faced with someone who specializes in one or both of said fields and has a grudge against any and all criminals. If his swordplay is insulted he is quick to anger. Complete lack of ranged ability.

History: Born into a rich family, Alexander’s early life was a privileged one and he was intrigued by his older siblings fencing at a young age. Practicing as a child he quickly showed his natural talent for it and continued improving his natural skills until young adulthood. Living in the southern province of Hamara his home was based on a large plot of land like many around it, this made for privacy but also for roaming gangs. Only a month after his 21st birthday Alexander’s home was attacked in the night and set ablaze by a small group of bandits. Alexander managed to escape his burning home with only his custom blade set and before he could see if his family had made it he was attacked. Though badly injured during the fight Alexander killed three of his attackers sending the rest running before he passed out, being found by authorities and taken to a nearby town. Upon awaking Alexander was told there was no evidence of survivors in the wreckage of the fire. Without a home or family to go to Alexander started taking on any jobs he could find, slowly gaining a reputation as an expert swordsman.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 08:57 PM
jesus take the prndl

Should I post the final revision of the profile that I sent you here?

[Music Thread]
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm not sorry

Not yet; your history is written weird and you haven't fixed some earlier remarks.

BA Characters
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-10-2012, 03:14 PM
jesus take the prndl

Quote:
Not yet; your history is written weird and you haven't fixed some earlier remarks.
Can I now, since it's all fixed up and approved?

[Music Thread]
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I'm not sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyGal View Post
Can I now, since it's all fixed up and approved?
Yeah, I said you could

BA Characters
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-10-2012, 04:28 PM
jesus take the prndl

Quote:
Yeah, I said you could
Awesome.

Name: Allyson Kagesenshi
Sex: Female

Appearance:
Allyson has black hair with short side bangs that fall down to her chin, and she wears the rest of her hair in a short ponytail. Allyson's skin color is light and does not have any blemishes, although she does not care about her looks at all. Her body type is basically skinny, but she does have a little muscle.
She wears black aviator sunglasses and a sleeveless, black denim jacket over a gray t-shirt. She also wears short, gray, denim shorts and black, fingerless gloves. Finally, she wears black boots made of leather.

Personality:
Allyson is an extremely cold character. She does not care for others very much, and will kill if the situation calls for it. She is also cool, calm, and collected.

Fighting type:
Major: Sword

Carried items:
-Her trusty katana, Shinotankyu. The blade is very durable and sharp, being able to slice through groups of people with ease. It is 29 inches (2"5) long and is made of steel. The hilt is black, the guard is silver, and the blade is dark gray.
-Her black iPhone 4S.
-Her motorcycle. Although she does not actually carry it around, she does use it. It is her transportation and the object she uses if chasing prey is necessary. The motorcycle itself is black/gray and very high quality.
-Her motorcycle helmet that she wears so she won't die.
-A silver locket that is shaped like a heart (the chain is silver as well). It opens up vertically. Inside is a picture of her as a child with her family. She wears it under her shirt so she can always spiritually be with her family.
-A 60 oz canteen.
-10 Energy Bars
-A backpack that she uses to carry her stuff.

Virtues: She is very cool, calm, and collected. She is also very independent, allowing her to work alone with no obstacles. Allyson also has the power to control air and is a talented swordsman. She is also very nimble and stealthy.
Vices: Because of her independence, she has a harder time trusting others. This will prevent her from gaining very valuable allies and information, which can lead to her demise.

History: Allyson was born in Dex to a mother from the city state and a father from a foreign country called Buredo (same language and culture as feudal Japan). Her father was a great swordsman and a man of high standing, while her mother was an agile, acrobatic woman who competed in the Hera games. (The Hera games are just like the Olympics, but with more events.) This is where the two met; her father competed in swordplay while her mother competed in gymnastics. While neither won the gold, (her father won the silver and her mother won the bronze) they began to spend more time with each other and finally married.

Her mother moved to Buredo, where Allyson was born.

The talents of her parents are what turned her into a child prodigy (they trained and taught her). However, a jealous rival ended up killing her parents. Allyson was young at the time, and she only managed to survive due to her mother hiding her in a closet. She decided to become a bounty hunter to take revenge on her parent's murder. After killing him and bringing his head, she felt like others shouldn't have to suffer like her emotionally, so she decided to fight criminals.

She decided to use her family inheritance to return to her mother's homeland of Dex and fight criminals there. She had a bit of a culture shock at first, but over time she has managed to grow accustomed to it.

She lives in the purple island area of Hamara called Dex, which is a very urbanized area. It is also one of the most populous city states, albeit the fact that it's one of the smaller areas. It specializes in technology when it comes to trade with the other city states, which makes it very vital to the country.
The city state's population is also very mixed. There are people of different ethnic backgrounds and cultures. As a result, it is a high conflict zone due to differing cultures and view points unable to communicate well. Murder, organized crime, drug rings, etc is all there. In addition, progressive legislation is impossible to pass due to these differing cultures and political power plays.

Every type of religion (or lack of one) you can possibly think of is there, so besides cultural differences, there is religious differences as well.

Magic users are scoffed at and looked down upon, but that does not bother Allyson, who uses air magic as a secondary tool.

Since there is an organized police force, bounty hunters aren't as welcome as they are in the rest of Hamara. (Not that they are always welcome with welcome arms there either.) As such, bounty hunters take jobs off the black market and sometimes work with organized crime to bring a person in. These people can either be the don of a rival gang, a corrupted cop or a politician trying to overstep his bounds in power. They are treated more like hit men then they are bounty hunters, but they get paid better then most other places.

Although she is participating in illegal activities herself, she does not care as long as she gets to take down killers.

Fun Facts:
-Her name means "Shadow Warrior", which refers to her stealthy nature and her sword skills.
-Her katana's name means "Death Seeker" or "Seeker of Death", as it kills very easily and she is not afraid of creating death.

[Music Thread]
Last Edited by ArtsyGal; 06-10-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason:
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Kokiri
View Posts: 82

Name: Nicene Elior (Goes by Nick)
Sex: Male

Apperance: A stocky man with an easy, fluid stature. His mop of blond hair is long front and back, often past the point of obscuring his neck and eyes; while this may look disorderly, his clean-shaven jaw and neat clothes show he is anything but. He just likes it long, which honestly is really stupid of him given his “career.” He's usually wearing a jacket, half black and half bright orange, over whatever shirts he can salvage. It should be noted, but often is not (as in fact the idea is not to be noted), that the jacket is reversible - with a dull but dark gray on its other side. Usually he just wears denim pants below this all, faded - but not torn. Scoff such a thought! Only his duffel bag, thrown carelessly over his shoulder, gets such terrible and ungentlemanly treatment.

Personality: He's easy-going, and is quick to make a joke even if no one will like it. He's got a mean sense of humor, but he's not paid to be nice. (Recently he hasn't been paid to be anything at all, but he doesn't tell that to his clientele!) Condescendment, snark, and backtracking are all part of the game for him.

He's deeply religious. Like, deep enough to reach China religious. (Even though and especially because China doesn't exist in this world.) Ironically, this last aspect of his personality only encourages all the murder.

He's sort of in a cult. He calls it his esoteric order of enlightened worship. But even he realizes on some level that his doctrine is far from enlightened. The actual belief system is flawed and convoluted, but at its heart it's not unlike any extremist group. You believe in your god, and that makes you better than everyone else. This, along with his generally-upsetting life, led to a decaying moral compass that still clings to him, albeit loosely. He tells his clients that his sniping is for safety reasons, but just as important to him is how it depersonalizes his target. The more he knows about them, the more he'll regret the job later. He'll still do it, but he won't like it.

Fighting type: Major: Gun. Minor: Air.

Carried items:
Snack bars. Not energy – candy ones. With bits of rice in them, for a resounding crunch kind of sound. It's supposed to intimidate his opponents. Also, they're cheap. And delicious.

A sniper rifle. It's old, but in good condition. He didn't have a lot of money setting out (and still doesn't) but what he had he spent on this baby. In fact, the one thing that seperates it from any new gun is its outward appearance – a dull, chipped, nonchalant grey coating and plenty of wear-and-tear. Makes it easier to spot in crowds, anyway. And less expensive to maintain.

A whole bunch of bullets. And by a “whole bunch,” it's in the realm of about 60. Plenty for any good action scene he comes across, but not for constant living in the streets. Although he hates how stupid they look clipped to a bandolier, he has to admit it's remarkably effective, so that's the usual carrying method.

Beyond that, anything he can find is stuffed in a duffel bag. While this looks rather suspicious, so does the sniper rifle. Might as well make a show of it, no? At present it's got a few extra pairs of cloths, some house keys he's swiped from people, and all his cash.

Virtues: Despite everything, he can keep his head up. And his humor doesn't hurt everyone he runs across – some genuinely enjoy it. And if people don't, well, Nicene doesn't care. Perhaps his best skill comes from combining his two innate abilities – a wind tunnel that keeps his (somewhat inconsistent) aim straight when the bullet finally emerged into a controlled cyclone.
Vices: He may not hesitate beforehand, but often he'll regret afterward. His conflicting loyalties to his immature but rather-accurate moral compass and the murderous cult he serves can often leave him emotionally upset and vulnerable. He tries to compensate wth his antagonistic jokes – a little form of control that doesn't give him problems. For him, that's a huge deal.

History: Growing up in the backwaters of Cracaea, the small island city-state off Hamara main, Nick was soon to find himself in conflict. The government of his homeland was a fiercely religious one, and unfortunately some of their views were at odds with his. This started as a few idealistic clashes in his childhood, but culminated in Nick's most startling discovery: his latent ability to control Wind magic. While this wouldn't have been a problem most anywhere else, the two monarchs of Cracaea had long frowned upon magic as an “ungodly aberration.” Nick's family tried their best to hide his secret; trying to buy off their son's affections with marksmanship lessons (a thing he had wanted for a rather long time, to their rather condescending annoyance). The fact that he got them shows how serious they considered his little “problem.”

A bunch of inner tormoil which Nick later admits was mostly teenage angst led him to strange places religiously. He was sort of raised with spirituality as a big deal, so even after discarding the monarchs' orthodoxy he couldn't fathom anything but a different kind. And he found this different kind of orthodoxy in a cult. Actually quite a few of them. He came and went, and while most collapsed on themselves violently he always made it out okay – physically at least.

It took him a few years, but eventually he created his own, solid doctrine – an amalgamation of all those he'd come in contact in. Violence and force where a big deal, almost necessary in the warped worldview he found his mind surrendered to.

All he'd managed to do was snare himself in another oppressive religion, of his own devising but outside his control. Maybe the drugs he experimented with in his cultist days made it worse. Maybe fleeing his land for Hamara main in a spiritual quest ending in a back-alley existence made it worse. Maybe his damaging need for some higher control in life despite mental and physical consequences made it worse. Probably though it was all of the above, although Nick's too idealistic and shortsighted to see it.

All he knows (or thinks he knows) is that he stands alone in a world without spiritual guidance. But he doesn't care anymore. He thinks he's content despite all the suffering he puts on himself, and because he thinks like that he appears that way to others. Some part of him wants to “help” everyone – a part of him probably knows he needs it himself – but over the harsh years on the streets those aspects have been smothered by apathy. If he needs money – and he does – he'll often kill for it, if necessary.
Last Edited by Xer0; 06-20-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason:
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm not sorry

OK, we just need one more player before we can start While it is do what you want kind of thing, I feel more options will be better.

BA Characters
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 PM
jesus take the prndl

Quote:
OK, we just need one more player before we can start While it is do what you want kind of thing, I feel more options will be better.
We have 5/6 people, right?

[Music Thread]
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm not sorry

No, we have 3/4.

BA Characters
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 PM
jesus take the prndl

Quote:
No, we have 3/4.
You and BonBon aren't in?

[Music Thread]
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Royal Hylian

View Posts: 946

Ruki is running it as more of a standard DM, so she doesn't have a character but controls certain elements, like the leads and what not.

Tags
bounty hunter, competition, killing, luna, ruki