Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:36 AM
Glorious Leader
Steam ID: mister_blak
View Posts: 1,235
Re: Mythological Wars Discussion

Yeah, I was vm'ing with ruki.
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 07:43 PM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672

Okay, that makes more sense! Sorry, I'm used to talking to her over chat I forget about VMs and PMs. >.>

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,335

looks good bro, though in the future can you bold the headings to appease my ocd?

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Glorious Leader

No! Look at the non-bold headings! See them taunt you!

Yeah, I'll get right on that as soon as I have access to my laptop.

Edit: when should I start with my character? I'm a bit late, so my first posts will be pretty long so as to catch up.
Last Edited by Blak; 05-28-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason:
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
I'm not sorry

You can start right away if you want. You could be a member of the Rebel base of India already and kind of have a transfer if you do a really good job or you a member of the Rebels somewhere else and were sent to India to do covert ops ❤❤❤❤.

Also, can I has your eye color?

EDIT: Everything is now on the front page. ❤❤❤❤ yeah.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 05-28-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason:
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:11 PM
Drurrp

Character name: Aetius Agrippa
Sex: Male
Actual Age: He died at age 17, but has been on Earth since the fall of Rome
Apparent Age (human): 17

Type of Monster:
Peryton
Nationality: Roman
RP Group: Rebels
Role within group: Grunt

Appearance as monster:
A peryton is a ghost stag with wings. Aetius has a green pelt with eagle wings that begin with a green plumage and meld into blue. His tail is also made up of the green and blue feathers. He is ethereal and can be seen in various degrees of visibility. His shadow appears as it would for his last victim.
Appearance as human: Aetius is a short and scrawny riff-raft. His hair is dark brown and collects in tight curls, and his skin a light caramel color. There are dark bags under his eyes and when he smiles people get uncomfortable. He wears a white wool tunic that is stained with dirt, sweat, and blood. A green sash is tied around his waist.

Battle abilities as monster: He is a ghost so he can become translucent or opaque, and is impervious to traditional weapons. He can also fly, kick, headbutt, and bite traditional deer / eagle fighting techniques.
Battle inabilities as monster: He is a ghost so call an exorcist, priest, or the Ghost Busters if you want to get rid of him. If one is not available then Aetius cannot cross over salt or running water, and will dissipate in sunlight.

Battle abilities as human: He is still be a ghost, so all ghost abilities still apply. The change is he is now a human and can do human things like speak human. (The universal consciousness theory applies, so he can speak any language he hears.)
Battle inabilities as human: He cannot harm anyone in this form.

Quirks: Aetius' movements are graceful and follow a pause-move-pause pattern. This mimics a deer pausing when it sees a possible threat, then running a bit away before stopping again.

Personality: Aetius is an insane murder. The thought of smashing a person's face in excites him. Which ever form he is in does not change this fact, but should he reveal his human face it is a sign he is willing to talk either to taunt his victim or because he sees a bigger reward in an negotiation. (Should there be a negotiation, however, he is probably planning on backstabbing the person after they do whatever they agreed to do.)

History: During the fall of Rome Aetius was a street urchin. His mother died when he was seven and his father followed suit when he was eleven. The two were of the plebeian class and once they were gone he had very little to live off of before being left on the streets. He did not make a good thief and was caught several times.

One day he was loitering in the market part of the forum when he saw a man trying to sell the pendent his mother owned. The build up of losing his family and being left to starve on the streets caused Aetius to snap. That night he followed the vendor home and as he slept the boy slashed the throats of him and his family.

It did not take long for the guards to catch him as he was standing at the corner of the street, laughing to himself and cleaning the blood off of the pendant. Though a rare sentence in ancient Rome, Aetius was put to death. He returned to the mortal realm for no other reason than to murder. That night he killed the vendor and his family, Aetius discovered his purpose in life.

If one were to ask Aetius who he was before he was a peryton, he would inform you he does not remember anything before his rebirth. This is true.

Though it is unusual for mortals to hire ghosts, when the rebels discovered one of their bases in Italy was cleansed of its staff they were quick to gain favor with the peryton. In exchange for being an active participate in a war, Aetius agreed not to go after rebel members. This rule gets broken, of course, should anyone push into his psychopathic side.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
Last Edited by Crackle; 05-28-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason:
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:12 PM
Glorious Leader

I take it you mean charlie's eye colour? Pale, milky White/grey (White if I'm allowed sorta weird colours, grey if I'm not), the whole point of his eyes and nose is that they sort of blend into the rest of his face, because of course when he's transformed he has no face.

Also, in case I didn't make it clear, the slendermen are a race. A they convert people (kinda like vamps), and it has occred to me that they would be a massive pain in the youkai's collective ass, what with all the Internet stuff on them.
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm not sorry

Oh yeah, I read that. Also, feel free to make as many NPCs and secondary characters as you want. This is a war RP, so we need more people. Its also gives you the chance to take place more in the action if your main character can't do it for some reason.

BA Characters
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Glorious Leader

Okay, my first NPC! He's a Rakshasa who lives in the foothills of India.
Boldification will occur as and when I get on my laptop.

Character name:Khalisso Serralon
Sex: Male
Actual Age: Ageless
Apparent Age (human): Fourty

Type of Monster: Rakshasa
Nationality: Indian
RP Group: Neutral
Role within group: seller of secrets.

Appearance as monster: a seven foot tall tiger-headed blue man is his preferred form, although he can shapeshift at will.
Appearance as human: a middle aged Indian gentleman, rather well-off in life with reasonable quality clothes etc.

Battle abilities as monster: his tiger-man form is incredibly strong, and generally fights with two curved scimitars. His shspeshifting ability is obviously useful, as he can take on any shape he wants. His speed is limited only by his physical form, as his reflexes are preternatural. The tiger form is very fast.
Battle inabilities as monster: His strength cannot increase beyond that of his standard shape (the tiger-man), so if he takes the form of, say, a leviathan he will die for an assortment of reasons (can't move own body -> can't breathe -> dies. Can't sustain own body mass-> gravity crushes him into ground -> dies.)

Battle abilities as human: Khalisso always carries a revolver, but prefers to just tiger his way through combat. This is okay, as the poor policing and plentiful wilderness in India are both conducive to such an attitude.
Battle inabilities as human: it is not a very good revolver. He has no real combat knowledge as a human. Once again, this is not really a problem.

Quirks: Khalisso has an inordinate fondness for milk, and prefers his own company. He has other minor cat-like traits, too.

Personality: Khalisso is a hard bargainer, and never gives the other person a very good deal. He is also a bit of a control freak, building up his web of information.

History: Rakshasas are all demons. Unlike most demons, however, they are intelligent and have free reign on the mortal realm.
Khalisso has built up a business of swapping information for other information, at a roughly 1:2 he gives/they give ratio. This means he has built up a considerable stockpile of knowledge. People may not like his information profit margins, but what he knows can frequently be found nowhere else.
He will deal with ANYONE.
Last Edited by Blak; 05-29-2012 at 10:51 AM. Reason:
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Drurrp

I like the hearts.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm not sorry

The hearts annoy me. I'll look at it more tomorrow.

BA Characters
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Glorious Leader

The hearts are an annoying graphical effect that seems to be added whenever an ipod's two space/full stop function is used to end a line.

They will go.
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm not sorry

Don't forget this exists people. (Not that I can talk.)

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 06-05-2012 at 03:12 PM. Reason:
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,239

I'm kind of way ahead of everyone, I was gonna hold off on posting 'till you guys arrived in India.
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 06-23-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm not sorry

I am going to be gone June 30 to July 4. I will try to get Internet, no promises.

BA Characters

Tags
monsters, mythology, wars