Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#101 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-26-2012, 07:51 AM
Zelda finatic fanboy and story writter...music lover.
View Posts: 123
Re: Shadow of Darkness (Private RP)

OoC: BTW Jay/Tanis, Dernuth is no longer there remember? he flashed off a few moments ago... I'm actually about to tell you where he is now.

Static gathers through the air and fallows and small sparks of electricity snap about and a light yellow flash briefly lights up the area around as the quick streak of Yellow moves towards a nearby cave. Upon reaching the entrance there is another bright and quick flash of yellow then disappears and Dernuth is left in its place, huffing and puffing, falling to his knees.

His mind is still racing and his body is shaking, without thinking he gets up and begins to walking back into the cave. "Got to go, have to get away. danger." the thoughts are all he can gather as these feelings of danger and the need to escape push him further and further into the cave. His mind finally beginning to calm, and his body beginning to relax, Dernuth can now begin to find himself and take back control over his self.

Looking around as he calms down he notices something strange about the walls ceiling and floors of this cave. Not so much a cave, as it seems to be some kind of ruins. Carvings of some strange language Dernuth can’t read cover the walls and pictures as well. Curiosity now pulled him deeper into the ruins. But a thought then came to him mind, "what of Mikken? Tanis and Lyselle?" Dernuth paused, the events from just before were now flashing by as he remembered all that had just happened.

A deep feeling of shame sorrow and guilt passed over him as he fell back onto the wall and slide to the ground. A bit of fear then swept him as well.

EDIT: K, I fixed it all up now.

"to be a good person, is to take the hardest path life has to offer." ~Me.
Last Edited by !CJ!; 04-26-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason:
  #102 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Aperture Scientist
View Posts: 58

"What on earth do you think that would be? I'm not going to kill you or anything." said Tanis lightly. "You obviously have some measure of control." Tanis went hack to healing his wounds. When he had finished, (although it was a thorougly unsatisfactory job) Tanis stood up and stretched his arms. "Shall we find Dernuth?" he asked simply.
  #103 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Underneath the walnut tree, where you said you'd wait for me. I waited forever.
Steam ID: none
View Posts: 227

"Let's go." Lyselle said and began walking. she showed no emotion, no fear, no pity, that just wasn't her. She was a little shocked to tell the truth. The men she was traveling with certainly weren't normal. She was looking forward to finding Dernuth. He seemed pretty normal.

She carried her bow at her side. she pushed a strand of her dirty blond hair out of her eyes. Her boots were almost worn through. She couldn't wait to get to the capitol, where her race was treated with the utmost respect.

Signature by The Light
  #104 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 04-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Used to be no one.
View Posts: 274

He picked up the war axe slowly, his mind unravelling what had happened. Or rather, what hadn't. His birth-kinsfolk would have tried to kill him. Most Dagani would have at least alienated him. Mikken stood with the same absent slowness. Though some things can never change, almost nothing is the same.

Did they have some ulterior motive? He started quietly after the two of them, jogging a few steps to catch up. One thought still bothered him, and what it was surfaced after five minutes of walking. Where did Dernuth go?

"That way.." He softly answered his own question.

Tracking wasn't Mikken's specialty, but the charred remains of grass and underbrush would make anyone suspiscous. Lightning? He rubbed his arms thoughtfully, some of the hairs still sticking from the shock. Perhaps there was even static in the air.

He gave Tanis and Lyselle a sidelong glance, and made a look at this gesture. Mikken was tempted to follow the trail, but apprehension slid in at the sight and faint smell of burnt grass. Not natural.
The man who fears losing has already lost. Fear cuts deeper than swords.
Fear cuts deeper than swords. Fear cuts deeper than swords
  #105 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Aperture Scientist

Tanis walked over to the black, charred grass and studied it. "Could Dernuth have caused this?" Tanis asked thoughtfully. "I mean, after this morning, I don't really trust him with fire." said Tanis jokingly. "Well, it's worth a look anyway. Let's go." he said, gesturing Lyselle over.
  #106 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 PM

Lyselle followed Tanis. She was beginning to panic. She didn't know if she could handle losing two people. First Veronna, now Dernuth. She didn't want to argue with anyone like she normally did. She felt like she was going to faint. She hoped that gripping her bow tighter would help.

Signature by The Light
  #107 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-04-2012, 09:45 PM

OoC: is it just me or does it seem like Lyselle actually "likes" Dernuth? ;D

as Dernuth sat against the wall woundering what he should do, he began hearing voices which sounded like they were comeing from the entrance to the cave/ruins. a bit of panic quickly gripped him as he lept to his feet and began to move deeper into the ruins, but he got a hold of himself and stopped for just a moment. "what if it's Mikken and the others?" he thought. "but, what if it's not?" a voice of doubt told him. "and what if they're mad at me?" Dernuth was about to sulk again wen he heard the voices once more, drawing even closser. he decided to head in just a bit further and hide until he could see who it was.

now finding himself much deeper into the ruins and quite likely a ways underground, Dernuth finally found a suitable place to hide in a rather big and open room. he hid behind a tall piller just in time to keep his presances hidden from those who had been comeing in behind him and had just now enterd the room. it was not Mikken, or Tanis. or Lyselle for that matter. they were all dressed in similar outfits and they did NOT look friendly. but they also didn't seem to know he was here either, so he watched quietly as they went further into the ruins and eventually out of sight.

Last Edited by !CJ!; 07-20-2012 at 01:55 PM. Reason:
  #108 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 05-26-2012, 09:06 PM

*bump*

sorry to anyone who may have been reading or fallowing this, (if any). everyone has been pretty busy lately. but I asure you this RP IS NOT dead. it's just going through some down time. I'm already out of school, but I'm sure this RP will pick up again once everybody else here is out as well.

(this was also a post to make sure this thread is not seen as "dead" it really is just going through a bit of down time.)

#109 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Used to be no one.

"Are you certain that this is the temple?"

"I am."

Heartha turned her attention the mercenaries they had hired as guards. "You two - explore the passages. We do not need any watchers. Kastan, stay with Gaius."

Gaius gave a small smile. His prime student always took charge without him having to tell her. She knew what to do here in the ruin - she knew how to lead. She would do well with the prize within the temple. Her will was strong enough. He would take the larger portion, of course. He was the master - she the student. As intelligent and powerful of a spellcaster as she was, she needed a guide.

Her doubting him was troubling though. This was not the place to see him as a bumbling old man.

He brushed his fingers against the walls, feeling the runes engraved into the stone. He knew them by heart - protection, warding, binding. He had spent most of his life researching the ruins, and their legend. A life time of learning and wanting, a goal now coming into fruition. In his mind he could picture the majesty of the building when it was built - the stone walls gleaming, runes humming with protective magic, sealing in the great power which was now long forgotten.

His lips parted in a sigh. At long, long last.
  #110 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Aperture Scientist

Tanis strode into the cavelike structure, closely followed by Mikken and Lyselle. As they progressed deeper into the cave, Tanis began to see that it was not, in fact, a cave, but a ruin of some sort. The walls had complicated runes carved into them, runes that glowed with a soft bluish light. Tanis stopped at a wall to examine a rune that had caught his eye, an interesting pattern of straight lines interwoven with curved lines. He stretched out his hand towards it, and, without warning, the rune flashed bright and gave off a magical energy that made Tanis feel as though a hot wind had passed by. "A neartú agus a chosaint." Tanis said, reading the rune in a kind of trance. "Strengthen and protect."
  #111 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-20-2012, 02:01 PM

Dernuth had watched as the strange group had come and gone. far out of sight and thier voices unheard, he could be sure he was once again alone at last. now what to do? perhaps he should try to get out of here, but what if there where more of them back twords the entrance? there weren't meny good places to hide back before this room. he'd be caught for sure. he could perhaps try heading further into these mysterious ruins and see if there wasn't another way out. of corse then he might run into those people he had already seen go ahead deeper into the ruins.

well he had to do something. for some reason going further in felt like his best bet. and he couldn't help or deny that he was just alittle bit curiouse as to what that group of strange people would be doing in a place like this. momentarily forgeting his guilt and previouse worries Dernuth made up his mind to head in even further into the ruins. so he grabbed his stuff and began to make his way through the ruins.

Last Edited by !CJ!; 07-20-2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason:
  #112 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 07-28-2012, 10:01 PM

"What do they mean by that?" Lyselle's voice shook as she spoke. Her thoughts were all over the place. What if Veronna wasn't the only one who had been kidnapped. What if her mother and father were gone too? Strengthen and Protect. Lyselle hated the word Protect. She didn't want anyone to protect her. She had failed to protect her sister. It was just a cruel word.
"Let's keep going." Lyselle suggested.

Signature by The Light
  #113 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-17-2012, 09:43 PM
Aperture Scientist

"I agree. Most of these runes are warding spells, from what I can see." said Tanis, running his fingers thoughtfully over the cool stone. The magic reacted when I began to examine it, Tanis thought, And I even read the rune... Shaking his head, Tanis led the way deeper into the ruins.
As they descended a stairwell, Tanis began to feel more ill at ease. The stone walls carried and amplified sound, so that every few minutes, he was stopping to listen for others in the ruins. These sounds turned out to be only rats scurrying along the cold floor, or small stones kicked up by his comrades' feet. After about five minutes of walking down stairs, the narrow stairway opened up to a large, well-lit, and seemingly empty rectangular room.
  #114 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 08-18-2012, 02:54 PM
and so it begins.

OoC: yay! woot woot! woot woot! Been waiting for this thing to get going again.

Delving ever further into the deep dark ruins, Dernuth began to hear voices coming from behind once more. He was afraid this would happen, and began to wonder if perhaps he should have remained hidden in the huge room he was in before. He hurried further and deeper in until he found himself amongst the strange group once more. Quickly he hid off to the side of the room where they shouldn't see him.

They were all gathered together, tons of them, far more than just the small group he seen before, along a huge wall at the end of the room. It was covered in all kinds of runes and glyphs, as well as other strange carvings and markings. Dernuth has never had much of a sense for magic, though many would consider his "powers" to be just that. Even so he could strangely feel an inmensely strong un-easiness from all the magical force gathered here.

This strange group or "organization" from the looks of it. Or whatever they were. They had a group of several seemingly strong casters right in front of the wall. Dernuth had no clue what they were saying as they seemed to be chanting in some different, rather old language. And not knowing much about spells Dernuth knew he'd never figure out what it was they were trying to do, unless he just sat back and watched to find out. So he was going to do just that when suddenly, a strange rumble began to shake the room. Dernuth stumbled to his knees, but noticed that none in this strange group he sees had been bothered a bit by it.

A different, stranger sound then arose, more of a, humming like sound. Kind of like that of many big bells being rung all at the same time. Then, something began to happen to the wall. There were many lines beginning to appear on the wall, big glowing lines. They then began to trace their way over and through many of the various carvings and shapes on the wall, and all of the ruins and such began to glow far brighter than they had before. Suddenly, there was a rather large crack that appeared in the wall. it then quickly began to spread up and down, hitting the top and bottum with a huge thunderous "BOOM!" which shook the room far more violently than before. And at this the strangers did now stumble and fall about.

Then through this huge long crack, a light began to show, but a rather strange and eerie light. Almost dark in some way, it was most unsettling. It made chills run down Dernuths spine and almost made a feeling of fear shoot into his soul. As the light spread along the crack the wall then shook. then The giant wall began to move off to the sides like a door, and opened the way to the biggest, deepest room in these ruins. At least that Dernuth had seen. Then all together the strange group all began to move into the huge room and formed a big ring around the center, where some kind of magic has been placed. almost like a seal of some kind.

Dernuth couldn't help but try to follow them in, but if he wasn't extremely careful he'd be caught for sure. So he waited until most of them had gone in, he then snuck his way into and around the side of the room. Hideing around one of the large statue like structures that stood all around the room, Now, is when things began to get really strange.

Last Edited by !CJ!; 10-20-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason:
  #115 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Used to be no one.

Gaius had grinned with a youthful joy when the shadow, a ribbon of the darkest darkness, pulled open the antechamber's door to reveal the Grand Cathedral and the God's Well. This was an achievement worthy of legends. A discovery like this was worth more than the recovery of Yauso in the southern seas or the many failed attempts to recover Templehaven and her forbidden library. This was the recovery of pure godly power and not tomes and bas-reliefs that all universities had an over abundant of.

His followers had spread around the Well like a flock of ravens. Heartha carried herself as a fenghuang among them. Foolish pride. He shook his head as he followed, staff clicking against the stone floor. As he drew closer to the well he could feel a layer of slime creep along the floor, causing his feet and the walking stick to stick.

He looked to his followers, the children he never had, and smiled. Then he began the summoning chant, offering his soul and theirs to the Great God. His tongue rolled over each disenchantment easily, years of practice showing their worth. His children joined.

Whatever light remained throughout the entire temple disappeared. Mikken's breath caught in his throat. Being blind did not suit him, darkness could mask all sorts of terrors. The pitch dark also seemed to muffle all noise except for the voices of the cultists, who had reached a frightening crescendo. His hand groped to the wall for support and he withdrew his fingers back with a startled cry.

The runes carved into the walls burned, a desperate last fight to bind the evil in its holding place.

With the last word Gaius stamped his staff into the ground and a vile black liquid, not unlike the glowing shadow that had opened the door, burst from the unholy well. The fountain froze in midair with a single word from Gauis. That was a part of the arrangement. The God's power was within his control until he took hold of it. It made him feel funny, out witting a god.

Little did he know as he caught a fist sized drop, the power pouring into his very being like an icy flame, a certain disgruntled God had outwitted him.
  #116 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM

Lyselle looked around anxiously. Her highly trained ears picked up an almost monstrous frequency. She inhaled sharply.
"Did anyone hear that?" Lyselle didn't wait for an answer. She clung tight to the wall, trying to listen for more noises. It sounded like...power, or so her instincts told her. Someone was performing a spell somewhere in the ruins.
"Follow me." Again Lyselle refused to wait for a response. She readied her bow and ran to the next door where she waited for the others to catch up. She scanned the room, still listening hard. Magic. Maybe magic would lead them to Veronna or Dernuth. Maybe magic was what they needed.

Signature by The Light