Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#41 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
View Posts: 1,198
Re: The Pirate's Creed Discussion

Hopefully indeed

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #42 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2012, 09:08 PM
Banned User
Send a message via Skype™ to Lysis
Steam ID: lysate 3DS ID: ❤❤❤❤ if I'm gonna write down this whole damn thing, PM me or something.
View Posts: 19,713

get yer hand chopped off, ya will.
  #43 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 PM
jcd ; bionicman
Steam ID: OatsNraisin
View Posts: 17,966

Name: Tragg

Race: Human

Country/island: Zeadus

Appearance: Tragg is roughly 5'10", with a stocky, muscular build. He has a square face with a scraggly salt-and-pepper colored beard and a long mane of straight gray hair that descends to his shoulders, with his bangs gathered in a tail that falls down with the rest of it (think Qui-Gon hair). His nose is round and flat and his face has been wrinkled and worn by his years. There is a scar that starts in his left eyebrow that curves up towards his temple and into his hairline. He has thick eyebrows sitting over his dark brown eyes.

He wears a simple linen shirt with long sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a deep v-neck, with curly grey chest hairs peeking out. It was probably white at some point in time, but ages if rugged use have forsaken its color. He wears a gauntlet on his left arm and hand wraps with leather to protect his hands in archery on his right. His loose shirt is tucked in to a thick belt that holds up a green and blue plaid kilt, with brown pants underneath. On his feet he wears some hide boots. His belt has numerous pouches for equipment, including a hunting knife and a wineskin.

Tragg keeps his musket slung on his back with a leather strap. It is a simple weapon, acquired form the black market. It's a standard issue weapon of the military in Zeadus, and as such it carries with it the sturdy, efficient design typical of humans. It is equipped with an after market bayonet and despite the good condition Tragg has kept it in, the wood of its body has darkened with age.

Abilities: Being raised as a hunter, Tragg is an excellent marksman. He can hit targets with extreme precision with muskets, pistols and bows alike. He is an experienced adventurer and has a good sense for danger, with a knack for keeping his wits even in the most perilous situations.

In his time in the army he learned the basics of first aid and wound treatment, and knows how to amputate limbs, remove bullets and treat broken bones.

Inabilities: Tragg's body is aging and there's nothing he can do about it. He's still fairly strong and a competent brawler, but his muscular endurance has dwindled with age. He is also a very kindly and honest sort of person; traits which haven't made him many friends in the world of pirates.

Personality: Tragg loves to laugh and loves life, and often finds others take it too seriously. Some say it's this attitude that has caused him to stay adventuring for so long. He is an optimist and a romanticist, and loves living in nature more than anything. However, he still loves traveling to cities, meeting new people and sharing stories. Tragg is a very conversational person who loves people and always has an interesting story to tell.

He doesn’t fear easily from daunting obstacles—rather he eagerly dives into them, ready for the next challenge. There was a time when he feared death, but in the long life he has lived he has not only become jaded from fear but also grown satisfied with the sum of his experiences. He knows he has lived a good life, and he knows it will have to end someday, but he would rather die on top of a mountain thinking about home than die at home thinking about a mountain.

Tragg is often too quick to trust others. That’s not to say that he’d invite a serial killer into his house, but his kindness is easy for brigands to take advantage of. Many pirate folk get tired of his stories or his optimistic attitude, while others may find it uplifting. That's not to say, however, that he is all smiles and giggles all the time. When on a mission, he is serious, direct and objective-oriented, with his kindness showing its face in tough love for his companions. Nevertheless, he is a team player who believes in all for one and one for all.

History: Tragg was born into a nomadic family in the northern hills of Zeadus, but he never quite fit in with the pack. It wasn't long before he abandoned the hunter-gatherer lifestyle in favor of becoming an adventurer and mercenary. Over the course of his life he has shoveled ore in bleak mines, sailed the shining seas on privateer vessels, fought as a foot soldier in infantry, moved blocks for the great stone cities in the deserts to the west, and performed just about any odd job he came across. He travels the land looking for people in need of an extra hand, and uses whatever he gets paid with to take him to a new place he hasn't seen, to meet new people, see new places and have new experiences.

Recently he has been working as a military vessel for the Kingdom of Zeadus with a notoriously nasty captain. It was captured by pirates when it was on the brink of mutiny. The pirate captain that captured the vessel was sympathetic, and offered the crew that survived the boarding an option: piracy or death. Tragg chose piracy and has been raiding the seas for years now. It's a tiring life and he longs for dry land.
Last Edited by JC Denton; 03-22-2012 at 12:38 PM. Reason:
  #44 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-22-2012, 05:37 PM
♪ Spooky, scary skeletons ♪
Send a message via Skype™ to zoraluigi
Steam ID: zoraluigi
View Posts: 1,855

Well, the game's moving too fast for me to keep up with it, so I'm sorry to say that I'm going to have to drop out. Although I doubt anyone will miss Scott Roberts' presence.

God knows I won't.
  #45 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 01:58 PM
Kingslayer

View Posts: 28,440

I feel that Greed and Luna are maybe going a little too fast? Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that we've gotten more posts in the past few days than my other roleplays have gotten over the course of a month or two. But you're like, fast-forwarding it to nighttime and the next day and some of us may want to do things.

Anyway, I feel we should discuss plot a bit, just so we're all on the same page.
(also, Lysis is gone for a few days. Just throwing that out there.)

Anyway, once we get to Skull Port, Korbin, Riley, and a couple other crew will go off to conduct business (none of us will go), and word will reach us once it's dusk that they're in trouble. I figured one of the regular crew who went would come back bruised and wounded, and after Tragg heals them up a bit we find out that the Captain and Riley have been captured, and the others killed.

From there we have a few options:

We can go and save Corbin and get back on track. Rakshael has a little character plot going on as you can see which could involve us going southwest at some point (to lands currently not mapped).

The other option is to try and convince the others (namely, Agatha and Tragg, the other two who have some authority on the ship) that we should leave Korbin behind and elect a new captain.

The, uh, third option, of course, is for us to just say ❤❤❤❤ it and leave. From there we could either see about getting our own ship and some other crew and go from there. Or, join up with another crew. Or start a business. I dunno. We can do virtually anything.

I'm open for any suggestions. Personally, I think getting our own ship would be most interesting. At some point down the line, this is what I'd like us to do.
Last Edited by Jaime Lannister; 03-23-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason:
  #46 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 02:11 PM
Hyper Light...
Send a message via AIM to Rakshael Send a message via Skype™ to Rakshael
View Posts: 2,742

I PMed you with some suggestions as to how I can help out once we get to Skullport. Was wondering about Lysis.
  #47 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline

Uhm, yeah, me and Luna kind of are in two other RP's together (gog only knows how many she's in right now, but the two I'm in have her in them too) and they're, like, frozen solid due to people being pertinent to the action not doing ❤❤❤❤ and also due to my character being incapacitated for some reason or another. My character generally being the one who has any excuse to cause mayhem that attracts everyone's attention. Obviously.

So I feel I speak for both of us when I say we're sick of this whole not RPing business and wish to resume being in a state of Extreme RPing. I will try to...er...be not so extreme?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Additionally, Glanunt is going to be hiding out and being totally ❤❤❤❤ing paranoid about anyone who arrives at Skullport ever for very mysterious and shadowy reasons beyond the comprehension of normal humans, so he's going to be alerted to the crew's presence and keep a close eye on them in case they decide to hunt him. When he hears about the captain's fate, he will try to get Rak alone so he can convince him to give him a second chance. In a one-sided conversation, naturally.

His reasons for this are also shrouded in mystery, suffice it to say he's always found his chances of surviving increase when there is extra meat which needs to be plowed through to get to him. And it is always trying to get to him.

#48 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Kingslayer

Yeah I understand where you guys are coming from. But everyone who has submitted a character thus so far I've accepted and I know they log in on a daily basis and are available to play. I was pretty happy you two joined because I'm well aware that you two post a lot and would help me not let this one sink into inactivity

(yes I watch things because I am the overlord around these forums)
Last Edited by Jaime Lannister; 03-23-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason:
  #49 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Hyper Light...

I post a lot and none of it is spaaaaammy at all lot srsly i evn have prefect grammer XD

On topic: I would say that being slightly rushed is preferable to stagnation, despite a happy medium being the perfect world scenario.

Glanunt is going to be very hard pressed to even find Rak in Skullport. Rak has some things he's going to "take care" of, and honestly Glanunt would be safer running from whoever he's running from. At least until Rak is finished. Then Glanunt can come to try and talk to him, but it would be better in his interests to save the captain.
  #50 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,645

I'm with Tank atm on my I-pod, and she points out why wouldn't Fardis be with Korbin? She's from the area, her famiky is there, her father is a merchant and she would get the best price for the goods.

Rowan would probably be attempting to get drunk and failing miserbly (another character joke) and I want Rowan to run into one of her family members.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

Also, I wouldn't say extreme RPing, just a steady pace.

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #51 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Kingslayer

Well, Fardis can come. But I'm just letting you know, DM to player, that she's going to be captured. And depending on what the rest of us do, your character may die if we choose not to save Korbin.
Last Edited by Jaime Lannister; 03-23-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason:
  #52 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Hyper Light...

Let's get posting and dock in port already, lol!

Edit: What do you do if your character actually dies, especially this early? Create a new one and start over?
Last Edited by Rakshael; 03-23-2012 at 03:32 PM. Reason:
  #53 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm not sorry

Ahhh I'm on my I- pod. Don't be expecting essays and perfect spelling until 8 now.

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Tank says she feels people will visit Korbin. Plus, she points out they would want Fardis because she gets the most for the treasures. If Rowan could only rescue one person, she would rescue Fardis.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #54 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Kingslayer

@Luna, sounds good to me.

@Rak, you would have the option of creating a new character.

Anyway I'll get to making a post now. I just got all my notes posted in a secret forum and have a more coherent idea of what's gonna be going on.
Last Edited by Jaime Lannister; 03-23-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason:
  #55 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 04:26 PM

@Luna: Extreme RPing is a bit of a troll joke >.>

@Mr. Took: Yes, I am going to address you like I'm Gandalf, because I am a wizard. At least, I talk to myself like one. Anyways, that was kind of hilarious that you just totally creep'd on the RP discussion like a boss.

@Rak: Glanunt's a bit of a visible dude, so he's going to either become an entirely different person for a while (or at least attempt to), get drunk off his ass and manhandle diminutive bartenders, or he's going to be chased loudly through town by either 1) "ghosts", as nobody else can see what he's terrified of, or 2) a giant black mother❤❤❤❤ing dragon with its wings ripped off. There also may or may not be random explosions of fire, glitter, and sticky web involved in this particular chase. It promises to be spectacular if it happens, which it probably will one way or another.

#56 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Hyper Light...

So either way Rak will see him coming and know to remove himself from the vicinity quickly, eh?
  #57 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 04:55 PM

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeyup

#58 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm not sorry

If Glanunt is in the bar, Rowan will confront him.

BA Characters
  #59 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Hyper Light...

Which bar? I'm thinking a lawless, privateering town like Skullport has a bar on every street corner.
  #60 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Kingslayer

Haha, Rak is correct. Skullport is essentially one giant pirate haven. Lots of taverns and merchants and shady things going on.