Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#101 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 AM
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Question for Looney: Do you think we should use this thread to discuss where we are going with major plot lines of the RP so that people don't get caught off guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.

Killer Mohawk LPs
  #102 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:02 AM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672

Number four isn't a very good rule in my opinion, just because it may turn into the Harry Potter RPG where everyone posts reaction shots. Perhaps if you change it to something like, "if your character witnesses an event which will be significant for them later on, make a post about the effect it has on them. This can be as simple as a thought; just so we know how your character feels about the situation and aren't blind sided when it is mentioned later on."

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #103 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:05 AM

I'm fine with it because it creates character development and gives it a sense of realism, because in reality, everyone has thoughts and opinions on the situations at hand.

Quote:

Killer Mohawk LPs
  #104 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,668

Twilight: Yes, this will become the discussion thread. So, when we start we will have the actual thread where we RP and this thread where we discuss things. This thread of course will be renamed to the Digimon RP Discussion thread.

Also, both Twilight and Tank have a point. However, I do think it could be worded better, so I am going with Tank's suggestion. Keep it up people! Remember; we want this to be fair to everyone!

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #105 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Drurrp

True, but sometimes posts are just redundant. For example in the Harry Potter RPG an argument broke out between characters and everyone not involved had the same reaction of "Again!?"

Redundant, and doesn't really show character development. We already knew the characters were sick of the bickering without the post and instead needed people to push the story ahead. If we get too wrapped up in "so-and-so has to post a reaction!" we may be waiting a while for the story to progress.

I'm not saying reactions aren't necessary, but making it mandatory for everyone might not be the best approach.

Edit: I agree with the new rule four. Everything else looks good. =D

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
Last Edited by Crackle; 02-27-2012 at 12:16 AM. Reason:
  #106 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 AM

Good point. I think we should post reactions if they are RELEVANT. Or maybe at first have the rule in place, but once we get used to each others characters/reactions ease up on the rule and encourage people to post purely relevant reactions to situations.

Quote:

Killer Mohawk LPs
  #107 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 AM
I'm not sorry

Yeah, I'm making the rules so people will have an idea what to expect and do. Once we get into the swing of things, I doubt I will need to be heavy handed in making sure people follow them.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Oh! Should I add a rule about how we are following the Japanese culture to the very basic level? I mean that's why I have the Japanese 101 in the FAQ and we are in Japan.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #108 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Drurrp

That works, though people will have to keep in mind some of our characters are still new to Japanese culture. So while other characters can correct them, it should not become an OoC discussion.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #109 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:29 AM

I've changed Jensen's last name to something that seems (to me) more Japanese.

Quote:

Killer Mohawk LPs
  #110 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm not sorry

Ok, so Jensen would probably be a half? Also, adding the rule.

BA Characters
  #111 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 AM

Yep, Imma say his dad was American and his mom was Japanese.

Quote:

Killer Mohawk LPs
  #112 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm not sorry

Wait, shouldn't his dad be Japanese and his mom American if his last name is Japanese?

BA Characters
  #113 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 AM

That's a good point. It's settled then. His dad is Japanese and his mom is American. Huzzah!

Quote:

Killer Mohawk LPs
  #114 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm not sorry

HUZZAH! THE FUN HAS BEEN DOUBLED!

Wait. That didn't make sense.

Oh well.

BA Characters
  #115 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:58 AM
Drurrp

[pat pat] It's okay, we know you're a little crazy.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #116 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm not sorry

Just a little? Yay!

BA Characters
  #117 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 AM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
View Posts: 1,198

Why would you celebrate over being called just a little crazy? Tank's shortchanging you; there's so much craziness in there you can share with the world!!

Also, if anyone needs additional questions answered about Japanese culture, PM me and I'll answer as best I can. I'm working on a Japanese minor in college so it's possible I'm the most qualified one to answer

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #118 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm not sorry

Actually if they could ask them here and you answer them here would be better. That way other people can see the question and I can put it in the FAQ.

BA Characters
  #119 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm not sorry

Hey guys, I was reading up on the Digimon Seasons for you know, the RP story, and I got a brilliant idea in regards to entering the Digimon World.

Ok, Adventures and DigiMentals enter for the first time, there is two ways to enter the Digital World.
1) Aaron uses his Digivice to open a link to the Digital World on any computer, and whoever is with him uses their Digivices as 'passports' to get in. Only Aaron can open the actual link though. This is because he is the only DigiMental.
2) Any Digidestiend can enter where the Digital World and the Human World meet. This should be in places with not a lot of people hang out such as alleys, tunnels, old buildings, etc. The way they know its there is that that area is brighter then the rest. And should kind of sparkle.

Below is the ending to Tamers, and that data glowing thing should be what an entrance to the Digital World from the Human World should look like.

Spoiler:  

On Digital Fields:
Digimon Tamers have a distinct advantage over the other two of knowing where Digimon who have appeared into the Digimon World are. These Digimon are known as "Wild Ones." While each partner will "sense" when a Digimon has appeared, due to the nature of the Tamers Digivice (which is referred to as the D-arc) they will have a compass guiding them to their location.

When each Digimon appears, they are inside what is called a "Digital Field."

Ignoring how this is a AMV (sorta) notice the area around the Digimon is typically pinkish in color? That is how a Digital field looks on the inside. On the outside, it is an incredibly bright, and nobody can see what the hell is going on and to enter you must have a pair of sunglasses.

Think of a Digital Field like a storm.

Inside the eye of the storm is pink and calm, and this is where the Digimon is. It isn't incredibly bright, but it will look how it is shown in the video. The storm itself is pretty bright, and you must have sunglasses to enter so you can see. As a result, every Digidestiend who knows they will be fighting on a constant basis must have a pair of sunglasses. Of course, they shouldn't figure out they need a pair until they encounter their first Wild One.

BA Characters
  #120 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-27-2012, 12:42 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
View Posts: 1,198

So, to clarify, the Digital World has about 7 levels, give or take. When you first enter it directly from the human world (not by computer), you crash through three levels and land on the topmost physical layer. From there, there are more levels, which change in number depending on the state of the digital world. These are accessed either by finding a hole down to the next level, or being caught up in one of the roving pink beams that pan across the overworld. These will teleport you anywhere at random, so if you have a destination, it's best to avoid these at all costs.

To get back to the human world, one either needs a link created by a Digimentalist (which will manifest in the form of a random computer screen sitting in a place it doesn't belong), a natural digital fissure (extremely rare, don't count on it), or an Arc. The Arc looks like the D-Arc the Tamers carry, except it's a whole ship that is slightly sentient. It was modeled after a Digimon, and it moves in and out of the Digital World at will. Luna will have to decide if this will come into play or not, though, as there's only one and it's hard to tell where it is at any given time.

When entering through a Digimentalist, the job is a lot easier. You go through the computer screen and wind up wherever you wanted to be, if it's accessible. You can walk back through the screen once you're finished, too, if it's still around.

Also, the elements in the Digital World are kind of like the Matrix; you can ignore them if you realize they're only data. For instance, it's possible to breathe water if you realize the water is just data. If you never realize this, you will drown in a sea of 0's and 1's. However, you aren't allowed to ignore how hard rocks are. They are very hard. They hurt. Basically, if it's a harmful environment just by nature, you're able to ignore it, but harmful parts of the environment can still hurt you. If this needs clarification, I'll try to explain it better.

Almost all Digimon you meet in the human world, the Wild Ones, will try to attack you and those around you. However, in the Digital World, most of them are peaceful, and it's a high probability you'll meet one of your partner's type at some point as well. Digimon can't really evolve on their own without extreme circumstances, so they are treated with a mixture of awe and disgust when they evolve with humans, since they are able to evolve, but they require the aid of another to do so, and are considered weak as a result by many Digimon who are concerned with strength. Keep that in mind when thinking of what happens when you enter the Digital World.

Lastly, keep an eye out for the government. They're aware of the Digimon issue, and they have their own methods for dealing with it. They probably won't like you.

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
Last Edited by Gouyoku no Greed; 02-27-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason:

Tags
digimon, digimon are our champions, digitial monsters