Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.
 
$ LinkBack Thread Tools
 
  #81 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Ok Soarin looks good. I think we are almost set. I'm keeping the RP open until midnight on Sunday EST for any last minute members.

But we just need to get all the character meeting stories, iron out a few kinks and make sure everyone is happy with the characters. We should start around Tues if things go as planned.
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #82 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 03:24 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dublith
View Posts: 1,198
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Yay!!!!
I can't wait to be one of the most hated characters ><
__________________
Sa souvraya niende misain ye

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #83 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Karkat Antarctica Karkat is offline
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nerdfighteria
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

I'm writing the Jensen/Agumon meeting right now. It's a good one!
__________________
WHAT KIND OF IDIOT GETS STUCK IN THEIR OWN HOME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.


Killer Mohawk LPs
  #84 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 04:30 PM
Karkat Antarctica Karkat is offline
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nerdfighteria
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

How Jensen and Agumon Met

Jensen was walking home from school one day. He was in a foul mood, as he had failed his last history test. History was never his favorite subject and he knew he shouldn’t really care how smart a test score said he was, but for some reason, this particular test gnawed at his ego. Jensen took his frustration out on a stray empty can on the sidewalk. He watched as the can bounced out into the street and was flattened by the tire of a speeding car. Jensen shoved his hands into his pockets, lowered his head, and continued on his way.
Suddenly, he heard a woman’s scream coming from an alley a meter or two down the street.
“Ahhhh!” the woman screamed. “Get away from me you monster!”
Jensen quickened his pace, his curiosity sparked by the strange woman’s screams. He walked into the alley, but only took a few steps before the woman raced out, clipping Jensen’s side and sending him spinning into the wall. Jensen tried to catch himself on the side of the alley, but to no avail. He fell to the ground.
“I guess that means you’re not my partner?” a strange voice piped up.
Jensen rubbed his head and started to stand up, but fell back down as he saw a meter tall, t-rex looking creature with amber orange skin and massive hands, feet, and claws step out from behind a dumpster. It looked at Jensen with curiosity for a moment. Then, it’s emerald green eyes flashed in excitement and it’s sharp, oversized claws scraped the ground. It pointed at Jensen.
“There you are!” The creature smiled, pointing one of it’s pearly white claws at him.
Fear surged through Jensen, as he was convinced that this monster was out for blood. Jensen scooted away from the creature in fear; however, the monster pounced on Jensen, foiling his escape attempt.
This is it, Jensen thought. This is how I die, at the oversized claws of a T-rex monster thing.
The creature gave a toothy grin, revealing it’s sharp, pearly white teeth. Jensen was breathing heavily, scared for his life. The monster opened it’s mouth wide, almost as if preparing to swallow him whole. Jensen closed his eyes, preparing to die. Suddenly, the monster began licking his face, like an overexcited dog licking it’s master. Jensen opened his eyes, but immediately regretted the decision, as he got an eyeful of slobber for his trouble.
What is this? Jensen thought. Some sort of sick form of playing with it’s food?
“Ew!” Jensen cried in disgust.
Suddenly, the monster stopped licking Jensen.
“Oh, sorry. I was just really excited to see you!” the creature said. “What’s your name?”
“Jensen,” He answered almost instinctively.
“Oh, hi there Jensen, I’m Agumon!” Agumon announced excitedly. “I’m a Digimon. Are you my partner?”
“Excuse me?” Jensen asked, not sure what was happening.
“You’re excused,” Agumon said, misunderstanding Jensen’s meaning, but thoroughly proud of himself for being so polite. He blinked and smiled widely.
“I’m your what?” Jensen asked.
“Partner,” Agumon responded. “You’re like my companion. Like that!”
Agumon pointed towards a young couple holding hands, obviously misunderstanding that scene as well.
“First things first. Are you going to eat me?” Jensen asked.
Agumon laughed.
“No, I’m not going to eat you silly!” Agumon chuckled.
Jensen still gave Agumon a wary glare.
“Well, if that’s the case, can you please get off me?”
Agumon nodded and jumped off of Jensen. Jensen got to his feet and brushed himself off.
“So you’re asking me, what exactly?” Jensen wondered, mostly aloud.
“If you’re my partner,” Agumon explained. “You see, I’m from the Digital World and I’m looking for a human to be my companion.”
“You may be looking for a long time then,” Jensen said. “There are about 7 billion of us.”
Agumon stared deeply into Jensen’s eyes for a moment.
“Nope,” Agumon concluded.
Jensen was taken aback.
“Huh?”
“I have a feeling that you are going to be my partner,” Agumon stated.
“You have a feeling?” Jensen asked suspiciously.
Agumon nodded.
“Yep,” He said proudly.
Jensen is silent for a moment.
“So say I am your partner,” Jensen conceded momentarily. “What do you need from me? And how do I know you’re not going to turn on me and eat me?”
“You're really onto this whole eating thing, aren't you?” Agumon taunted playfully. "Humans are too chewy for my palate."
“Well that’s comforting,” Jensen said sarcastically.
“I need help getting back to my world,” Agumon began. “The digital world.”
“The digital world?” Jensen repeated. “Digimon? This is sounding more and more like Tron with every passing minute.”
“So, what do you say?” Agumon asked, ignoring his pop culture reference, and then added. “Partner.”
Jensen sighed.
“Okay, I’ll help you get back to the digital world,” Jensen conceded. “But that’s it.”
Agumon clapped his hands in excitement.
“Great, so are you going to show me the city?” Agumon asked, looking up at Jensen expectantly. “I’ve always wanted to see a skyscraper!”
Jensen shook his head.
“You’re pushing your luck, little orange T-rex!” Jensen warned.
Agumon folded his arms across his chest.
“I’m a Digimon, thank you very much!” Agumon huffed.
“Okay,” Jensen relented. “Digimon.”
Agumon thought for a moment and then hopped into an open dumpster. He scrounged around in the dumpster for a minute and came out wearing a long trench coat and a top hat.
“What do you think, Jensen?” Agumon asked.
Jensen examined the disguised Digimon, noting that he looked suspiciously like a suntanned midget, and nodded.
“It’s a…palatable disguise,” Jensen observed.
Agumon jumped up in excitement.
“Great! Which way to your house?”
Jensen motioned the disguised Agumon to follow him. As he led the Digimon out of the alleyway, a D-arc Digivice materialized onto his belt. However, Jensen was oblivious to this occurrence.
__________________
WHAT KIND OF IDIOT GETS STUCK IN THEIR OWN HOME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.


Killer Mohawk LPs
Last Edited by Karkat; 02-25-2012 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Because I'm a champ!
  #85 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Pretty good; except a few things:
1) Agumon probably wouldn't know at first what type his partner was. So, he would be looking for a 'partner,' not a 'Tamer.'
2) How does Agumon know Jensen is his partner? Digidestined are usually acknowledged by the appearance of a Digivice. So, you should have the D-arc showing. Then Agumon would know that Jensen is a Tamer instead of lets say any other types (except for Spirit.)
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #86 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Ok, better. But why would the D-arc appear? It appears for Shiki because she agrees to help Dorumon, so the contract is formed and it appears for her. It appears for Ginkou the same way (sort of) that it does for Takato from Digimon Tamers.

So, somehow the two have to establish a 'contract.' Maybe Agumon can explain his problem to Jensen, and Jensen agrees to help him look for his partner, and after they shake hands or something it appears so its like "well that was easy."

I mean that's one suggestion. What you want to do with it is up to you.
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #87 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Ok, better. But why would the D-arc appear? It appears for Shiki because she agrees to help Dorumon, so the contract is formed and it appears for her. It appears for Ginkou the same way (sort of) that it does for Takato from Digimon Tamers.

So, somehow the two have to establish a 'contract.' Maybe Agumon can explain his problem to Jensen, and Jensen agrees to help him look for his partner, and after they shake hands or something it appears so its like "well that was easy."

I mean that's one suggestion. What you want to do with it is up to you.
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #88 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Karkat Antarctica Karkat is offline
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nerdfighteria
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Editing right now. So much editing.
__________________
WHAT KIND OF IDIOT GETS STUCK IN THEIR OWN HOME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.


Killer Mohawk LPs
  #89 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Haha sorry. Just think; when you actually post you have to do none!
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
1 person liked this post: Karkat
  #90 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Karkat Antarctica Karkat is offline
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nerdfighteria
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Eeyup, that's the plan Big Macintosh!
__________________
WHAT KIND OF IDIOT GETS STUCK IN THEIR OWN HOME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.


Killer Mohawk LPs
  #91 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Karkat Antarctica Karkat is offline
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nerdfighteria
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Eeyup, that's the plan Big Macintosh!
__________________
WHAT KIND OF IDIOT GETS STUCK IN THEIR OWN HOME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.


Killer Mohawk LPs
  #92 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Karkat Antarctica Karkat is offline
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nerdfighteria
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

New version up! What do y'all think?
__________________
WHAT KIND OF IDIOT GETS STUCK IN THEIR OWN HOME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.


Killer Mohawk LPs
  #93 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 11:22 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Looking good Twilight!
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #94 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Karkat Antarctica Karkat is offline
==> Everything is Awesome
Send a message via AIM to Karkat
Steam ID: SoundchekZ
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nerdfighteria
View Posts: 3,856
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

I"m always lookin' good, Princess!
__________________
WHAT KIND OF IDIOT GETS STUCK IN THEIR OWN HOME?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
This party is logical as ❤❤❤❤.


Killer Mohawk LPs
  #95 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dublith
View Posts: 1,198
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

FINALLY! ZU WORKS AGAIN!
I am now a zombie Tamer. Huzzah
__________________
Sa souvraya niende misain ye

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #96 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 08:13 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dublith
View Posts: 1,198
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Hey, Sam, Luna texted me and you need to put a Digimon personality description in as well. Just so's you know!
__________________
Sa souvraya niende misain ye

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #97 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Ganonslayer Ganonslayer is a male United States Ganonslayer is offline
Chief of Hyrule Police
Join Date: Jul 2011
View Posts: 402
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Okay so I'm thinking if I use the crest of Friendship the Digimon will be Gabumon and it'll all be like in Adventure 01 to make it simple.

Anyway My character:

Name: Mike (not to be confused with Michael from Digimon Adventure 02)

Sex: Male .

Age:13

Description:Ac medium hight (I'm not good with numbers) light dark hair. Sortta blue green eyes. His skin is slightly tan.

Special Ability/Talent: He is good at sports and gets along with people.

Personality: Even though he is nice he sometimes says the wrong thing but everyone knows what he means to say.

I'll complete this this when I have more time hopefully ZU won't lock me out again sorry it took me so long to do this.
__________________


Watch my Youtube videos here.
Last Edited by Ganonslayer; 02-26-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Needed to add more
  #98 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Ok, sounds good. Just follow the character sheet. Don't make your character too like Yamato (Matt) from Adventure/02. You can use him as a base (like I used Ruki from Tamers very loosely as a base for Shiki) but make sure he is your character.

Also, don't forget to make a separate post on how they meet.
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #99 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Ok, I am going to start with this right away, because just from what I'm seeing (which is very litte) you need to work on your character some more.

a) What's your character's last name?
b) Because your character has an American name, I'm going to assume he's from America. When did he move here? How much of the Japanese culture does he know? He shouldn't move to Japan last year and be fluent in the Japanese language and culture.
c) Medium height for a 13 year old should be around 4'7
d) Light dark hair? What does that mean? Does he have dark brown hair? Does he have dark blonde hair? You need to be more specific.
e) Sort of blue green eyes? Just green blue eyes should be fine. I'm going to assume they are teal, unless one eye is blue and the other is green.
f) Ok, his special abilities makes him very replaceable. You want somebody who can't be replaced. Look at everyone else character profiles for what I mean. For example Shiki is a manipulator and Aaron is a hacker while Tyler is a spy. None of the other characters can do this. However, in your case you have a few other characters who can do the same thing as your character can.
g) If he says the wrong thing, people shouldn't know what he is trying to say. As such, even if he is a nice person he should be at odds with some people because of this.
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-26-2012 at 11:49 PM. Reason:
  #100 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Ruki Ruki is a female United States Ruki is offline
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero


Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Altamire
View Posts: 10,232
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Ok everyone, while we finish everything up, I'm going to post the rules that we will follow once we actually RP. I'm opening them up for discussion. If you feel like one is unfair, tell me and explain why. If you think we should add one, tell me and explain why. If you are confused on a rule, ask for an explanation. I want everyone to be happy.

Rules:
1) You must post at least once a week. More often if you are part of the action. If you do not do this, you will be notified and told to post and warned. If this keeps happening, and it becomes a habit, your Digimon will be killed off and your character will no longer be a Digidestined. Nor will they have the ability to become one again. However, you still may participate in the RP as you wish as a "citizen." They cannot influence the story majorly anymore though.
2) I realize people have lives. If you cannot RP for a certain amount of times, let myself and the group know. Don't tell somebody to tell me. You must tell me yourself.
3) If someone is being OP or OOC, anybody can call them out. The etiquette to this is "ooc: [person name] please go the discussion thread because [reason]." (This thread will become the discussion thread once we get going.) Then the argument will take place, and if an agreement cannot be reached, I will make the final judgement.
4) If your character witnesses an event which will be significant for them later on, you must make a post about the effect it has on them. This can be as simple as a thought; just so we know how your character feels about the situation and aren't blind sided when it is mentioned later on. Also, even if you don't think it will effect them that much later on, you should mention how they feel about it at the least because this will allow for character development.
5) If your character has no business being there, don't put them there. In the beginning, the rival will be popping out of nowhere, but this is part of their job description. However, this is unique to the rival only.
6) If you make a post out of character, let people know by typing ooc: and when you are returning to character type bic:
7) To introduce a non playable character (NPC) just mention them in text. Then at the end of your post, go into ooc and type the characters full name, what their relationship to your character is (if there is any) and their basic personality. The more a NPC becomes part of the plot, the more they will have a description.
8) You may fight the other characters and their partners. However, you may not kill them without the other person's consent. You also must have a discussion with the person you are fighting outside of the RP thread on how the fight will play out and who will win, if there is a winner.
9) Because this takes place in Japan we will be observing basic Japanese customs and what not. If you are unfamiliar with the Japanese culture (or are unsure with something), please check the Japanese 101 in the FAQ. Everything that will be relevant to our purposes will be in there.
10) Rules can be changed and edited as time goes on after a group discussion.

Also, other notes people should be aware of. The very first post will have the character profiles for all our characters and Digimon, the faq, the rules, key events and who can digivolve to what level. You should check the first post as often as possible because if I feel a certain event has happen or your character has developed enough, I will edit it so you can digivolve to the next level. If you feel like you should be able to digivolve earlier, please talk to me about it outside the actual RP.

Once a key event is identified, you may have your character investigate. However, don't make it forced.

The second post will how Shiki met Dorumon. After that it will be how the characters met their partners (which is why I had you post it here first, so I have an idea of what you are doing and because this is the most troublesome part of the whole RP) Then we can just go from there.
__________________

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-27-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason:
 

Tags
digimon, digimon are our champions, digitial monsters


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Advertisement

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Copyright © 2014 Zelda Universe - Privacy Statement -