Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#61 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 01:41 AM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,344
Re: Digimon RP Discussion

Also, don't forget I'll be reviewing your guy. Other people can review him too. (You can do the same. This is so everyone feels each character is fair.)

Seriously though, read the rules if you have any questions. I have everything laid out in detail there. If you can't find something there, ask me and I'll answer it and then post in the FAQ.

I want this to be a fun RP for everyone.

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #62 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 AM
I'm not sorry

Also, don't forget I'll be reviewing your guy. Other people can review him too. (You can do the same. This is so everyone feels each character is fair.)

Seriously though, read the rules if you have any questions. I have everything laid out in detail there. If you can't find something there, ask me and I'll answer it and then post in the FAQ.

I want this to be a fun RP for everyone.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #63 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm not sorry

Soarin':
Quote:
Weaknesses: Has no leadership skills and prefers to work alone. Is weak physically, he can run/jog averagely but all other athletic activities are less than average.
Ok, so he is a lone wolf. How will that affect his character on a personal level? Will he refuse to cooperate with the other characters at first? Will he go off and do his own thing, screwing up plans of the group? That's what I mean by weaknesses. Personality flaws that will hinder the character and they need to overcome.

BA Characters
  #64 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm not sorry

Other notes for Sam:

If Ari keeps his contacts in for months at the time, his eyes shouldn't just be bloodshot but irritated as well. This is a minor detail, but it can be something that can turn into a weakness should they ever start watering during battle.

If Ari wants to deny scientific fact he should explain what facts these may be, as some people still dont believe the world is round even though we have proof. Or he doesn't believe theories, not facts. I know I said this earlier, but just expanding it more now.

Ari is paranoid because he doesn't trust anything anyone else says. This paranoia should be a major part of his character. His discription leads to this fact, but it should make it clear his character is paranoid about others, and this is why he doesnt assosiate with other people. Also, like I said earlier (I think) you should spell out that he thinks he's just hallucinating with the Digimon so people know.

Also, this is a side note on my own curiosity, but does Shiki and Ari know each other? They go to the same school, and they are one year apart.

BA Characters
  #65 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Demo
Send a message via Skype™ to Demorid
Steam ID: Nathonan
View Posts: 486

My character likely goes to the same school.
  #66 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm not sorry

Ok, so this will be pretty good for convenience sake. The issue is if they know each other or not.

BA Characters
  #67 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Demo

Everyone probably knows ari just because of his status as "problem child"
Also our characters should be in the same gym class and you always make fun of me for not being athletic.
  #68 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 03:17 PM
I'm not sorry

Problem is with that is that Shiki is 15 and Tyson is 16. So, they probably would be in separate years first of all. Either that, or they are in the same year and Tyson is old for the age group or Shiki is young. Second of all, if they were in the same gym class Shiki and Tyson would have to be in the same classroom due to how the Japanese school structure is set up.

BA Characters
  #69 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Demo

Curse my cluelessness of the Japanese school structure but I guess that could work.
  #70 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm not sorry

I watch an obnoxious amount of anime. You just sort of pick it up.

So, they are in the same class? This could actually work out for the plot because she will be the mysterious creeper at first to everyone else because she just appears out of nowhere. But when she runs into Tyson he can know things. Like who she is and that she's a ❤❤❤❤❤ (if it wasn't apparent before.)

Yes, this can work nicely.

BA Characters
  #71 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 PM
I'm not sorry

Ok Sam! Looks good! For the crest, I'll allow the creation of a new one. He should troll everyone and get trust.

The reason I'm saying this is because:
a) IRONY
b) He should probably start trusting into BlackGuilmon. He doesn't need to believe he is real. He just needs to trust him, if that makes any sense.

Note for Adventurers to remember:
When you obtain your crest doesn't mean you can necessarily use it right away. You need to 'activate' it by showing (in an often dramatic way) you represent the symbol it signifies. If you are confused what I mean, go to the FAQ and what the videos.

ALSO PEOPLE SHOULD START THINKING OF HOW THEY MEET THEIR DIGIMON. DON'T ADD IT TO YOUR POST ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER. MAKE IT A SEPARATE POST.

For example:

Dorumon is one of the first Digimon to enter the world of the humans. He is kind of lurking around trying his best not to be seen (because he is a pussy who doesn't like to fight and humans look scary xD) and he ends up watching Shiki win a meet. He's impressed, and starts stalking watching her some more until he is finally convinced she is strong and can help him with his problem. He approaches her (gives her a heart attack) and inadvertently strokes her ego when he explains his problem and that he thinks she is the strongest around. She agrees to help him, and then MYSTERY ON HOW SHE KNOWS THINGS AS PER THE RIVAL PERSONA.

BA Characters
  #72 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 10:17 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
View Posts: 1,198

Gikou always plays the card game whenever he goes out, albeit with his hood constantly up and under an alias so his grandpa can't find out that he sneaks out. His alias is "The Sky Kid" and his favorite card is Karasumon, an uncommon card that is generally neglected. He gains an advantage immediately since everyone underestimates the little bird, and he usually manages to pull out a victory even when he starts out losing, though he throws a massive fit if he does lose. One day, he was running through potential card combinations with his deck when one of the cards turned blue. Curious, he swiped it, and his card swiper turned into a D-Arc. Once he got over his shock, he tried swiping Karasumon into it, and instantly, a mysteriously thick mist crackling with energy appeared around him, and the only thing he could see was Karasumon, materializing right in front of him. Curious, he walked up to him and patted him on the head, and Karasumon responded indignantly, "I'm not just some bird, you know. I'm a Digimon, and I guess you're my Tamer." After explaining what he knew about Tamers, Karasumon hopped up onto Gikou's shoulder, which became his favorite spot to sit, much to Gikou's chagrin.

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
Last Edited by Gouyoku no Greed; 02-24-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason:
  #73 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 10:52 PM
I'm not sorry

Ok guys, just a quick note, FOR THE HISTORY YOU MUST POST EVERYTHING THAT IS RELEVANT. That way nobody is left-fielded when we are actually RPing.

BA Characters
  #74 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Demo

Tyson left from his band gig late one night. The streets were practically empty, save the few assorted people. Suddenly he tripped or was tripped, he heard luaghter and looked then took a double check too beleive what he was seeing. It looked as though an small imp was luaghing at him. It seemed to notice that he had seen it and began to run. Tyson thought he was hallucinating or at the receiving end of some cruel prank but hurried after the imp nonetheless. Unlike the other kids in his gym class, he could catch up with this little guy. "Gotcha!" he said as he grabbed the imp. He half expected it to be a stuffed animal but nearly screamed when it talked.
"Hey let go of me!" it yelled.
"-the heck!?" Tyson exclaimed as he let go and backed away. "You can talk? What are you?"
The imp sighed, "well if you must know, I'm impmon. And yes I can talk. I'm a digimon, but I'm not going to explain too much, things would get complicated."
"Well at least come with me. Most people would probably freak out more than I did."
"Ooh that sounds like fun! Thanks for the idea." Impmon said with a little smirk.
Tyson face palmed. "No, no, no, no, no. Since I already know about you I might as well take care of you."
Impmon frowned, "fine, suck all my fun. Whatever, I guess I've got no other choice."
"Great, now to think of a way to sneak you back into my house." Tyson thought for a second then thought of something. He opened his guitar case and pulled his guitar out and slung it over his shoulder. "It will be tight but you can probably fit in here."
"You've gotta be freakin kidding me! I'm not getting in there!"
"Just get in the bloody case."
"Alright, alright I'm going. I still think it would be better if we freaked your mom out."
Last Edited by Demorid; 02-24-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason:
  #75 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm not sorry

Ok, you're good Soarin', but you don't need that last sentence. Also, did you read the suggestions I posted a bit ago?

BA Characters
  #76 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Demo

i was in the middle of writing so I didn't see.
(totally glad I edited out that other bit I added before posting, it was completely and entirely left field)
Last Edited by Demorid; 02-24-2012 at 11:30 PM. Reason:
  #77 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672

One of Aaron's Internet acquaintances shows him a long series of codes which has become a contest for hackers to try and decode it. Aaron spends several months doing nothing but class, chores, and trying to figure it out. One day he thinks he succeeds, but his screen goes wonky and a little bouncing digimon comes across and welcomes him. Then he gets sucked in. After running around being amazed by the environment he runs into a scene of a digimon trying to beat up on the smaller digimon. He tries to chase the digimon away himself, and this is where Puttimon comes to his rescue. Because Aaron gets him to digivolve, Kudamon gets stuck as his partner.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #78 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm not sorry

Ok, looking good Tank.

---------- Post added at 11:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Also, Soarin', if you haven't already can you look at my comments on page 2 for your character?

BA Characters
  #79 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Demo

I think i took care of everything, still you might want to quick scan my character sheet to make sure.
  #80 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm not sorry

Well, like I said earlier does he have any personality weakness? For example, Aaron constantly puts his foot in his mouth. It doesn't need to be a big thing, but something to make Tyson more interesting. You could probably expand on his lone wolf persona. I noticed you edited it to include that he has trouble fighting powerful Digimon and groups because of this, but how does this effect Tyson personally in regards to other characters?

Also, why you specifically said he has no leadership skills confuses me. How does this effect his character?

What type of pranks does he pull? On type of people? I won't ask why because I assume he gets a kick out of it, although it wouldn't hurt to include that. Probably should.

How good is he in Japanese? Remember, he moved here from America. He should have a better grasp of the language and customs then Aaron. So you, and whoever else isn't completely up to date on the Japanese culture, I will post things you should know in the FAQ.

What type of band is it? What kind of songs do they play? Remember, if he is playing with other Japanese kids they probably won't be able to sing many American songs because its not their native language. Perhaps one. If you want, I can link you to some Japanese rock or whatever genre you want to do.

BA Characters

Tags
digimon, digimon are our champions, digitial monsters