Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2012, 04:33 PM
Anouki
View Posts: 52
The Rito Trials

Anyone can join in at any time!

P L O T

Once a young rito comes of a certain age, they are ready to obtain a dragon scale from the great Valoo in order to sprout their wings. However this is no simple task. Each generation is sent to a large island just off the coast of Dragon Roost. It is on that island where they compete against one another to find the hidden dragon scale. Whoever finds it gets their wings.
However, there is a slight catch

F O R M

Name:
Personality:
Other:

M A I N - C H A R A C T E R S

Name: Buho
Appearance: Buho has short, white hair styled into a fohawk with crimson tips at the ends of his bangs. His eyes are a deep blue and his skin is incredibly pale. He has a short, light gray beak with a sharp, downward point at the tip. He wears a short, red scarf with a long brown jacket over a baggy, white t-shirt and khaki shorts which cover the white feathers on his legs, leaving only his yellow feet exposed.
Personality: Loyal, selfless, and kind-hearted. Although he wants desperately to win the drag in scale, he rarely lets the competition get to his head. He hates fighting and is a bit cowardly.
Other: Buho means owl in Spanish. It is pronounced Boo-woah.

Name: Raven
Appearance: Raven has a short, lithe figure and olive-toned skin. She has black, iridescent hair that is usually styled up in a bun, with a long chunk of hair kept to the side, covering a good half of her face. Her beak is long and dark gray, which dips down into point at the end. This helps separate her bangs from the left side of her face, which reveals the piercing gaze of a yellow, cat-like eye. She wears a black cloak that covers her body down until her knees. The feathers on her legs are an iridescent black as well, and her feet are dark gray.
Personality: Cruel, selfish, and cold-hearted. She will do anything in her power to obtain the dragon scale, and hates socializing with her competition, or anyone else for that matter.
Other: None

Name: Mavic
Appearance: Tall, lanky, with brown hair and feathers. Feathers are scruffly and unkept, plus his feathers fall out at random points. Slightly dirty, and very jagged with his motions. Not the kind of the Rito you'd want to hang out with basically. Clothes look ratty, and arn't special or anything.
Personality: Surprisingly kind. He would sacrifice himself to save another, generally, but when he is set on something, he might not. As such, this scale isn't so much for him, but his sister who is sick. He believes the only cure to her sickness lays in the scale. He wants to win this badly, so you shouldn't get in his way.
Other: His sister would become healthier with the feather, and thus, is the reciepient of the scale if he wins. This improves his drive to win greatly, and affects his kindness so that he may be more unforgiving if it helps him save her.

S I D E - C H A R A C T E R S

Name: Helena
Appearance: Blonde hair and blue eyes

Name: Tara
Appearance: Short brown hair and amber eyes

Name: Stark
Appearance: Short black hair and blue eyes
Last Edited by peep; 03-07-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason:
  #2 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Kokiri
View Posts: 98
Re: The Rito Trials

Name: Ren [really spelled "Wren"]
Appearance: Ren has long auburn hair, which she wears loose. Much of her bangs cover her face, but doesn't hinder her ability to see. Her feathers are white with spots and tips of brown, and her beak is brown and straight. Her eyes are the color of a storm. She wears a comfortable tan and red tunic dress, which stops before her knees. She also has her left ear pierced with a single silver hoop.
Personality: Good natured and fun-loving. She's more concerned with a good competition rather than winning personally. Although she enjoys competitions and fun, she's a loner. She's lived on the island since birth, but knows very few Rito other than her immediate family. The trial is her first experience with both Raven and Buho [though she has heard rumors of Raven].
Other: She enjoys music and singing, and will more often than not be heard humming or whistling.
  #3 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Anouki

OC- Accepted

BC- Buho walked along the coast of Dragon Roost,
waiting for the ship that would bring them all to the island to show up.
The young rito boy stood on the edge of the sand, barely submerging his feet into the water.
He took a deep breath in an attempt to calm his nerves, and closed his eyes as the cool sea breeze ruffled his hair.
'I wonder how many others will be competing in the trial,' He thought.
Last Edited by peep; 02-19-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason:
  #4 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Goron
Steam ID: Tomandgreen
View Posts: 267

Name: Mavic
Appearance: Tall, lanky, with brown hair and feathers. Feathers are scruffly and unkept, plus his feathers fall out at random points. Slightly dirty, and very jagged with his motions. Not the kind of the Rito you'd want to hang out with basically. Clothes look ratty, and arn't special or anything.
Personality: Surprisingly kind. He would sacrifice himself to save another, generally, but when he is set on something, he might not. As such, this scale isn't so much for him, but his sister who is sick. He believes the only cure to her sickness lays in the scale. He wants to win this badly, so you shouldn't get in his way.
Other: His sister would become healthier with the feather, and thus, is the reciepient of the scale if he wins. This improves his drive to win greatly, and affects his kindness so that he may be more unforgiving if it helps him save her.
  #5 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Anouki

OC- Accepted! ^_^

BC- Buho turned to look over his shoulder as more ritos arrived at the beach.
Among them was a short rito girl covered from head to toe in a black cloak.
Something about her sent chills down his spine as she stormed past him,
but he decided to try and be friendly. 'My mother always told me not to prejudge.'
So he gathered up some courage and walked up to her.
"Hey! My name's Buho."

The rito girl simply shot him a glare.

"Uh...hehe," Buho nervously scratched the back of his head.
"Don't you get hot in that black cloak?"

"No."

Buho nodded and slowly backed away.
Hopefully he would be able to make friends with at least one of the competitors here.
Last Edited by peep; 02-23-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason:
  #6 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Goron

Mavic walked from his little cave on the far side of the island, to the busy shore. Ritos everywhere, all of them trying to get the scale. His sister Julie's scale. He kept back from the crowd, watching. He was more of an observer anyways, and the best way to win anything is to have a hawk eye. While watching, he sees a dark-cloaked rito talking to a more punky one, then, after an awkward silence, she pushes past him. How rude. Mavic didn't like rude people, so he slowly walked in her direction.

Tap Tap "Hello, I'm Mavic, and I don't like how you treated that other rito. Could you please go back there and say sorry at least?"

The dark-cloaked rito just stared at him, not saying a word at all. Nothing. Then she turned around, and walked away. If this is the competition, I will be happy to beat them, thought Mavic. He decided to apoligize on her behalf, and made his way to the punky rito he saw earlier.
  #7 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Anouki

Raven rolled her eyes and continued waiting for the ship, keeping her gaze straight out at sea.
She could barely make out its shadowy figure on the horizon. Hopefully no more ritos tried to talk to her. Not that it mattered to her anyway, but she was her to win the scale, not make friends with her competition. After all, she already knew the consequences of doing so.

Buho noticed another rito beginning to approach him; a strange looking one with ruffled feathers, but he didn't look mean. He quickly put a smile back on his face and waved shyly, squinting his eyes as a rough sea breeze buffeted his face.
"Hello. You're here for the competition too, I'm assuming?"
Last Edited by peep; 02-23-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: spelling error ^^'
  #8 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Goron

"Well, yeah, pretty much. I'm Mavic, great you meet you! Listen, that girl may not seem sorry for her rudeness, but I can tell, deep in her heart is some regret for her actions. Would you like to go over there, to that bench by the tide, and talk a little abou the competition? I have a plan, and wouldn't it be great to work with such a kind soul as you!"

Mavic pulled the punky rito by the hand to the bench, and they both sat down.

"So, before anything else, what's your name?"
  #9 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 PM
Anouki

Buho was a bit surprised. Not only was this rito, Mavic, kinder than he thought, but now he was willing to share ideas!

"Sure," He smiled brightly. He let out a small gasp as he was suddenly pulled onto the bench.
"Oh, my name's Buho." He replied, fixing his white hair.
He then fixed his attentive blue eyes back on Mavic.
"So what's this plan of yours?"

He was relieved to know someone at least had a strategy. It made him nervous to think that they would all be stranded on some unknown place with no clue whatsoever on how to survive.
  #10 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 10:14 PM
Goron

"Well, it goes like this," replied Mavic, eager to share his thoughts, "We are a team. That part was a given, right? The thing is, we gotta pretend we dislike each other, and get ourselves into seperate groups of players. You with me? Then, when these groups get clues, we share em between ourselves! This puts us as the two players with the most knowledge in the game, and we can find the scale way before anyone else. At that point, whichever one of us is fast enough and smart enough to figure the end of it all out, gets the scale!"

It was the last bit that made Mavic nervous, going against a friend. It just wasn't right! He was better than that, he had manners! Then, the thought of his sister tossing and turning in her bed all night long brought back his sense. He was playing to win his sister's life back, and he was going to win, whether this Buho or that black-cloaked female liked it or not.
  #11 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-24-2012, 11:04 PM
Anouki

Buho put a hand to his chin and thought about Mavic's plan for a moment. He too felt uneasy about turning against his new aqcuaintence, especially when he seemed so nice.
'But I could really use those wings!'

"That is actually not a bad idea..." He looked around at all the ritos among them.
"How do we decide who will be on our team? I'm sure half of these ritos won't even agree to being on a team."
He slumped his shoulders in disappointment, then perked back up again.
"Unless you mean we just befriend them, gain their trust, and then use what they know."

When he put it like that, the idea sounded even more cruel. However Buho simply convinced himself that many of his competitors would probably be conniving as well.
  #12 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Goron

"Yeah, like... that." Mavic felt slightly queazy again as the thoughts of his sister dwindled.

ALL RITOS REPORT TO THE MAIN PIER AT ONCE!

"Whaaa, already?" It had begun. The first part of the tourney was starting. Mavic was sick to his stomach. "Come on, let's get going!" he shouted, and ran as fast as he could to the large pack of ritos near the main pier. It was time to put his thoughts into actons. The Rito Trials were underway.
  #13 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 11:17 AM
Anouki

Buho ran excitedly over to the pier. He tried to look over all the heads of the ritos that swarmed around him. Luckily he was fairly tall compared to most of them. He spotted Raven, a small black blob amongst the crowd. He chuckled to himself as he saw her scowl at anyone who dare touch her.

"Alright everyone," The rito chieftain began. "Once you are transported to the island where you will begin the trial, you will have no contact with anyone here on Dragon Roost. The only adult on your island will be staying in a small shack by the shore, ready to bring anyone who is seriously injured back home."

OC- If we reach the second page we may want to floodstop for Tycke.
  #14 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 02:41 PM
Goron

OOC: Yeah, let's actually stop here for Tycke, as the action is just begining, and she is really missing out on time to develope her character. Let's hope she comes soon, I like this RP.
  #15 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Anouki

OC- Thank you ^_^
I will post on her profile just to let her know incase she has forgotten about this thread.

-EDIT-

She replied, but said she doesn't come on enough anymore to RP,
so I guess at means we will have to forget her character.
Last Edited by peep; 02-26-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason:
  #16 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Goron

Seriously injured. Mavic had always thought of the trials as a mental game, but here was their cheiftain talking about serious injuries. Would any of these ritos be cruel enough to try and eliminate competitors by pure physical force? Yet another reason why gettting into a group of ritos was crucial. The time to get in a group was now, and Mavic couldn't afford to miss it.

Helena, a beutiful blond-haired rito with eyes as blue as saphires, was over by the docking station where the boats were coming in to begin the slow process of transporting 100s of ritos to Trial Island. Mavic new it would be a good strategy to get on the same boat as her, for if anyone was going to be in a large group of strong male ritos, it was Helena. If he could just weasel his way into that group, his part of the plan would be completed as near to perfect as possible. Only problem was he was deathly afraid of pretty girls, and Helena was the pretty girl. Raven he could deal with. This was a different story. He stood tall, and walked right into Helena's friend-circle. Then he tripped.
  #17 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Anouki

"Alright," The chieftain began. "You may start boarding the ship."
He watched as a large flock of rito children began making their way on board.

Buho wondered where he should go or who he should go with.
He found two other ritos conversing with one another on the boat and decided to join in.
"Hey there," He smiled meekly. "My name's Buho." He lent out a hand.

"I'm Tara," A female rito with short, brown hair and amber eyes replied,
She was almost the same height as Buho.

"Hey, I'm Stark," A tall male rito with short black hair and blue eyes added.

Buho shook hands with both of them.
"Nice to meet you!"

"So are you nervous for the competition?" Stark asked them both.

"A little," Buho admitted.

"Not me!" Tara grinned. "I'm good at finding things! So this should be no problem!"

Stark rolled his eyes playfully. "For some reason I highly doubt that."
  #18 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Goron

OOC: Isn't Raven a side-character also? Or do you sometimes makes full entries using Raven's perspective?

Mavic lay on the ground, all hope of making contact with Helena was futile now. Besides, it's not like she would talk to him anyways! A pauper with a heart of gold he might have been, but she only knew him as a creepy rito who had came up to her group and tripped. Luckily, since he had no friends, (he was much to busy with work and with looking after his sister) he could set a new plan into action. Ah, but how Mavic wished he could have friends. Thoose would come after he got the scale, but for now, he had to fit in. And he got his chance.

"You need some help up?" asked Helena. Mavic stayed cool, sat upright, and said, "Nah, I'm good. Thanks for the offer though! My names Mavic, whats yours?". Faking that he didn't know the most popular girl of his age on Windfall Island may have been a bad move for other people, but for Mavic it was the best thing he could say. It made him seem like a new, mysterious sort of Rito, which he played to his advantage. "I'm from Sundown Island, a colony of Ritos to the east of here. We suffered a massive storm a few days back, and both of my parents died. I sailed here on a raft I made of the fallen palm trees, and braved out the surf and the sun to get here a day later. I'm pretty scruffy, I know, but I'd love to be on a team with such a kind and pretty lady as you!"

Kind and pretty?!? Mavic was shocked at his own bravery. Partly because he thought he sucked at talking to girls, but partly because he had just complemented Helena. Nothing got other Ritos as mad as complementing Helena. You are only supposed to complement Helena when she complements you, or else it looks like you are flirting, and that drives male Ritos off the wall. Luckily, since he was playing the part of a foreigner, he could get away with it, and get on Helena's good side to boot! Mavic looked, and saw Helena blushing. "Boys, do any of you have extra clothing for this poor adventurer? Or any feather-conditioner? Or a comb at least?" The 15 male Ritos who followed Helena day in and day out, plus a few part-time worshipers set off to be the first to find the items of Helena's desires. Mavic was in for a complete make-over, and he wasn't so sure if this was a good thing.
  #19 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Anouki

OC- I was thinking about making her a side character, but then I remembered my plan to make her much more involved later on. We'll see

BC- Suddenly, the ship began to set off for the island. Buho waved goodbye to everyone, as Tara and Stark were doing. Oh, how he'd miss his home. 'But now I need to focus on the task at hand.' He turned back to the others. "So do you two know each other?"

"Yeah, we've been friends for years," Stark replied and Tara nodded.

They continued to talk about how they met, but Buho wasn't quite listening. He was too busy wondering how Mavic was doing. He glanced over Tara's shoulder to see his new friend a little ways back, talking to a very pretty rito girl. He suppressed a chuckle and scanned the boat a bit more, his eyes finally resting on Raven. The small, dark rito girl was peering over the railing of the boat, staring down into the water. For a moment Buho contemplated whether or not he should try harder to get to know her. However his thoughts were interrupted when Tara asked him a question.

"So do you have any friends here?"

Buho blushed slightly and looked down at his feet. "Not really. I never really had time for socializing back on Dragon Roost."

"What?" Stark asked skeptically. "What kind of a rito kid has no time to socialize?"

"Well," Buho began. "Since I have several younger siblings and no father,
I usually had to help my mom around the house a lot."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Tara put a hand on Buho's shoulder sympathetically.

"It's alright," Buho shrugged.
Last Edited by peep; 03-01-2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling error >_<
  #20 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 03-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Goron

With the 20 or so girl-crazy Ritos gone, Mavic and Helena were all alone. "So, what's your name?" asked Mavic, hoping he didn't give himself away any time soon. "I'm Helena, but I go by Lena with my friends. You can call me Lena if you want." Mavic almost ran and jumped off the boat right then and there, because it looked as if Helena, or Lena, was flirting back with him. This was a lot for some Rito who never got out of his little cave! "Well, Lena, can you tell me a bit more about this competition? I mainly joined it because I need the wings to help reconstruct my village, and since Sundown Island is populated by flightless Ritos, I am the only one who can save the day. The adventure part is gunna be fun as well." Helena felt ashamed. She only wanted to get feathers to become more popular, and this Rito was doing this competition to save his village! Helena knew then and there that she would stop at nothing to help Mavic win. "Listen, Mavic, I need you to know. You, out of everyone here, deserve to win that scale the most. Me and my friends will help you out, and if that means losing the scale, we are fine with that. We are at your service." Mavic felt terrible.

Oisu (pronounced wah-zo) was the first Rito to find the feather-conditioner, the comb, and the extra clothes. He prided himself in his appearance, had had these supplies on hand 100% of the time. In fact, the comb and the feather-conditioner were in his pockets when Helena made her demand, but he had to run to his nap-sack to get the extra clothes. He would have cofound them sooner, if not for the time it took him to decide which of his clothes had the most pizaz and matched Mavic's feather color. Oisu was rushing back to Helena, when all of a sudden, he tripped. He looked behind him, and saw Rook. Rook, unlike Oisu, always wore the same clothes. Baggy, torn clothes. He, unlike Oisu, was prone to cheating, and scooped up the beauty supplies. Off he ran, while Oisu sat on his but. "I hope my hair isn't messed up..." he said to himself.

Helena was in the middle of telling Mavic about life on Dragon-Roost Island, which he already knew, when a Rito with short, reddish hair, gray-blue feathers, and very baggy clothes burst in. "Mavic's equiptment my darling." he said, then he bowed. "Oh, thank you Rook, how kind! Are these from your personal supply? They're perfect!" and Helena gave him a big kiss on the cheek. Rook scampered off, and Helena started with the make-over. In the far side of the boat, Rook and Oisu were having a little "chat". Oisu decided it was best to forfeit the competition, and took a life-boat back with some of the other cowardly Ritos. Rook smiled. One down, 14 to go.

After a good hour and a half, Mavic looked nothing like himself. His feathers were perfectly plucked, and had an elegance and shape to them that he never knew was possible. His clothes were fashionable, and probably cost a fortune. He didn't look lanky anymore, he looked regal. His green eyes stood out, and better features were complemented. Helena was pleased with the results. "Won't I get all dirty again when we get to Trial Island?" asked Mavic. "Oh, no, we have some tricks up our sleaves!" replied Helena. Mavic suddenly remembered Buho, and looked around for him. He wasn't on the main deck, so he decided to go downstairs, to the cordors and rooms in the hull. A shadow moved. He looked behind himself. Nobody was around... were they? A strange sound filled the air. The fragrant air. The entrancing air. Mavic blacked out, and awoke tied to a chair.

Tags
rito, trials, waker, wind, zelda