Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672
Re: Harry Potter RP

OoC: I don't like playing other people's characters. It is frustrating when someone pushes your character in a direction you never meant for them to go, I would not want to do that to someone else. I was just giving a different possibility, as I find it hard to believe the school would make students charm their way in when they were already accepted. =P
  #162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
View Posts: 1,198

OoC: I was just making a suggestion about what happened to him; something like how Ron and Harry came late in the Chamber of Secrets and got in trouble for it. And I wasn't really suggesting you play his character, I was being sarcastic. Guess you aren't so clever after all ;P

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Digimon Ice Queen
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki

View Posts: 9,533

OoC: That was completely uncalled for Greed. Even I couldn't tell if you were being serious or not.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline

OoC: I put a tongue-stickey-out face in there for crying out loud! And I used a silly name! Oh, whatever

#165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Drurrp

OoC: I wasn't trying to be clever is the point. I knew you were being sarcastic, but I felt the need to address the subject matter as I would support a general "hands off" policy for future story lines. It didn't dawn on me someone would have the idea until this happened, and it was as good a time as any to bring it up.
  #166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 04:25 PM

OoC: Well I get what you're trying to say, and I agree with you. I was just being facetious when I said you weren't clever, or more accurately, I was just generally being facetious. Sorry if I offended you

#167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 04:25 PM
Vs. The World
View Posts: 5,609

OoC: Let's just wait for Sam to arrive. Mad Man can just RP later on as if he's been at Hogwarts the whole time. If you guys want to keep discussing this, head on over to the discussion thread.
  #168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Drurrp

OoC: It's fine now, sorry for interrupting the flow of the game.
  #169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Sam Nornalious Sam Nornalious is a male United States Sam Nornalious is offline
Nocturnal Scholar
Send a message via Skype™ to Sam Nornalious
View Posts: 2,311

Albert almost jumped when McGonagall called his name. Weren't they in the Zs? As he walked forward and sat on the stool, he caught a glimpse of his sister staring at him from the Slytherin table. Then the hat covered his eyes and he heard a small voice in his ear.

So, Albert Evanson has finally arrived. You're quite a puzzle, you know. You've got your dad's smarts and your mother's willpower, no matter how supressed it is. Maybe Slytherin...

From under the hat, Albert could feel his sister glaring at the hat, and wondered if anyone could hear what it was saying. Maybe she was glaring at him...it wouldn't be the first time. In the back of his mind, he suddenly had a thought. What if he didn't go to Slytherin? He'd spend most of the year away from her...and what could she do about it?

Interesting...if that's how you feel, I choose...

"RAVENCLAW!"

Albert almost screamed in horror. Ravenclaw? As the hat was removed from his head, he saw the blue and silver table had erupted in cheers. Over on the Slytherin table, he could almost hear Liz groan in dissapointment.
[10/22/2013 7:23:29 PM]Shrub: also, Sam, why don't you have a sig?
[10/22/2013 7:24:12 PM] Shrub: I only complain because I'm lazy

My BA Characters
Last Edited by Sam Nornalious; 01-20-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason:
  #170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 08:40 PM

"Cabrera, Matthew," McGonagall intoned.

About bloody time they called me. Been waiting for ages!

Matt stepped up to the stool and sat down, waiting for the hat to be placed on his head. His vision was obscured, and he heard the voice of the Hat echoing in his head.

"Oh, a Cabrera, hmm? I haven't seen one of you since that Andrew boy a few years back. He must be your dad; you certainly take after him. Hmmm...well aren't you a curious one? Stubborn, a bit of a temper, you would make a decent Gryffindor or Slytherin. Fairly intelligent, but you definitely have a bit of a mean streak when it comes down to how you use it...hmmmm..."

Oi, see here, you stupid hat. I never hurt anyone that didn't deserve it, and I never will. If I ever use my smarts to mess with someone, it's not because I mean any ill will. I'm no bloody Slytherin, and being a Gryffindor would be exhausting. Don't you bloody put me in either of those or so help me...

"Oh, is that how it's going to be? Fine, if you don't want to be in Gryffindor or Slytherin then how about-"

"Ravenclaw!!"

Now that's what I'm bloody talking about! Matt thought as he broke into a wide smile and made his way towards the Ravenclaw table. Stepping up to the bench, he sat down in one of the only open spaces left, between a Third Year and a Ravenclaw Prefect.

"Blimey, I can't wait to get started with my lessons. Except History of Magic. Bloody hate history..." Matt said to nobody in particular.

"OI! I won't be having a First Year like you using such foul language! Say 'bloody' one more time, and I'll have you sent down to Finch, even if it IS your first day!" scolded the Prefect.

Oh, flaming Flamel's bloody trousers, I can't believe this Prefect's getting on my case the first day "Oh, um, sorry, I guess. I didn't mean any harm...er...who are you?" Matt grimaced. I'll really have to stay away from this one...

"Susan Stone. Just don't let me catch you swearing again, mate, or breaking any other rules, and we'll get along just fine."

"Oh, is that all? Ahahaa..." Matt laughed nervously. Maybe this was going to be harder than he thought.

Last Edited by Gouyoku no Greed; 01-20-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason:
  #171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Drurrp

When it was her turn, Audrey marched up to the stage and situated herself on the stool. She dug her nails under the seat and fidgeted uncomfortably as she sat in front of the entire school with the dusty, old Sorting Hat on her head.

She begged for one of the houses her parents were placed in; her mother the Gryffindor, her father the Ravenclaw. The sense of familiarity would be a comfort, and knowing she could do them proud would make her happy.

“Such drive to change the world,” she heard the voice echo in her ears, “It would be a shame to lose it to trivial concerns.”

"Slytherin!" the Sorting Hat cried.

Her heart sank when the hat was lifted from her head. Audrey slid off of the stool and made her way to the green and gray banners. She was greeted with claps and cheers when she took a seat at the end of the bench.
  #172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 09:39 PM

Matt looked around, searching for the others. He hadn't really been paying attention...at all...so he hadn't heard who went into which House. To his surprise, he saw Al sitting a few seats down from him, looking anxious. Matt felt a surge of pity for him; he knew Al desperately wanted to be in Slytherin, and even though he knew Al had no chance at that House from the start, it still understood how hard it was to disappoint your family. Matt made a mental note to find him later.

Over at the Gryffindor table, he spotted Lori having a very animated conversation with everyone nearby. Oh, she would be the life of the table, wouldn't she? Well, Matt bloody Cabrera would have to see about knocking her down a few pegs.

Down at the Hufflepuff table, Matt caught quick glimpses of Shaun, sitting there and keeping mostly to himself. It was a shame he wound up in a different house; Matt would've had fun messing with him on a daily basis.

Finally, Matt looked to the Slytherin table, where he saw, unsurprisingly, that Audrey was sitting there. Figures she would be in Slytherin...she hated Matt for no reason, why wouldn't she be a bloody Slytherin? She even had green hair!!

Satisfied he located everyone, Matt relaxed, and waited for the speech from Professor Dumbledore

#173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Vs. The World

Shaun was disappointed that all his friends had been separated into deferent houses. Lori had said that they'd still be able to talk to each other, so it wasn't that bad.

As for Lori and Matt... Well, it was probably a good thing that they got put in different houses.

He saw Audrey sitting by herself at the end of the Slytherin table. She'd probably be sitting by herself regardless of where she was sorted, but she still looked awfully glum.

Shaun looked down at his empty plate and gripped his golden silverware. All he'd had since breakfast were Fizzing Whizzbees and Chocolate frogs. He'd completely forgotten to eat the lunch his mother packed on the train.
He tapped the blonde prefect's shoulder. "Eric? When does the feast begin?"
Eric smiled. "Professor Dumbledore has to give one of his famous speeches, then the food will appear."

Shaun heard a small clanging noise near the front of the room. A man with a long grey beard stood tapping his goblet with a spoon. The room went silent and all eyes fell on him.
  #174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 10:29 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

Dumbledore glanced around the room, looking each student in the eye. A pin could drop and all could hear it in the deafening silence.

Dumbledore spread his arms and in a loud booming voice, he imparted the wisest thing he could on the students staring at him.

"Let us feast!"

And with that, the food appeared on the table. Lori squealed in delight, going right for the chicken wings while reaching for some pastry rolls. Shoving the food in her mouth at an unhealthy rate, she could hear an older student whisper in amazement

"Wow, Davis was right. She really is a glutton."

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
3 people liked this post: Crackle, Fluttershy, Gouyoku no Greed
  #175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 10:41 PM
Vs. The World

OoC: Best speech EVER!

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Shaun was amazed at the food appearing out of nowhere. He eagerly filled his plate with spiral sliced ham, fried potatoes, and roasted vegetables.
Once the students had stuffed their faces with dinner, the remnants of the feast were replaced with puddings, cakes, and pies.
Shaun had never eaten so much in one sitting.
  #176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

By the time desserts came around, Gryffindor students were taking bets how much more she could eat. Reaching for a pie, Lori could only yelp in shock as the food disappeared. What was was this sorcery?!

BA Characters
  #177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Vs. The World

OoC: What WAS this sorcery?
  #178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 PM
Sam Nornalious Sam Nornalious is a male United States Sam Nornalious is offline
Nocturnal Scholar
Send a message via Skype™ to Sam Nornalious
View Posts: 2,311

OoC: You weren't expecting sorcery? This post is during the meal bit, btw.

BiC: Albert could only stare blankly at the table, feeling his sister glare daggers across the room into the top of his head. He'd not eaten much, and eventually he stopped looking at the spread in front of him at all. Eventaully he pulled out one of his books, a small guide to countercurses.

After a minute of reading about various defensive spell, he felt a little awkward as he noticed a boy across the table was looking at the book. After a while, he noticed Albert had noticed him and chuckled. "Despite what you may have heard from your family, you're probably not going to be cursed. At least, not this year." Chuckling again, the older boy took a bite of chicken and looked over his shoulder. "But knowing Lizzy...that's debateable."

The boy grinned and reached over the table. "Henry Gullon, by the way. Head Boy." After a moment, Allen reached over and shook the older boy's hand. "My sister's...mentioned you." said Allen, remembering Liz's rants over the holidays. Henry smiled grimly at that before responding. "Sounds like her. Feel sorry for you, mate. Most of us would kill ourselves after a day with that beast. I shudder to think what she's like at home."

Allen grinned a little at that. If everyone was like this...maybe Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad.
[10/22/2013 7:23:29 PM]Shrub: also, Sam, why don't you have a sig?
[10/22/2013 7:24:12 PM] Shrub: I only complain because I'm lazy

My BA Characters
Last Edited by Sam Nornalious; 01-20-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason:
  #179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2012, 12:05 AM
Drurrp

"Silence!" A voice boomed out against the thick chatter of the students. The room gradually grew quiet, and attention was placed on the stage. Prof. McGonagall stood in the center, waving her hands up and down to encourage the lowering of voices. Once satisfied she cleared her voice and continued, "The festivities of this evening has ended. It is time for the students to return to their dorms. Prefects, if you could please show the first years of your house to their dorm."

The student body began to pick themselves up from the benches and organize into their different houses.
  #180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 01-21-2012, 12:26 AM
Digimon Ice Queen

"Gryffindor's follow me!" A Gryffindor prefect howled, gesturing for the first years to follow her. A male prefect slouched behind her, obviously not to keen on performing his duties.

Lori shuffled in line, sticking her hands in her pockets as she got shoved and pushed as the other first-years tried to rush the exit. She was pushed back a bit into another first year girl who whimpered a bit as the mosh pit of students pushed them in.

"Sorry," she muttered, shoving the boy in front of her back. Honestly, they weren't at a rave.

Finally, the line began moving.

"Watch the staircases," the boy prefect drawled as Lori and several other students yelped in surprise as the staircase moved from under them. The girl Lori was shoved into earlier gave a cry of fright and grabbed on to Lori's robes. How she was in house known for its bravery was beyond anybody. "They like to move."

"Great," Lori muttered as she peered upwards as the girl started yelling at the boy for warning them to late.

"Don't worry! Just-just stay right there. Richie will take the first half of you up and I will come down to you guys and bring the rest of you up. Don't worry, we got this," The girl prefect cried out, attempting to calm down the first years but a slight hysteria was evident in her voice. She must be new to the job.

Some of the stranded first-years were panicking, but others, like Lori, who had heard stories of Hogwarts all their lives remained calm, if not bored.

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 01-21-2012 at 12:26 AM. Reason:

Tags
empire of the pony, o pony where art thou