Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1181 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
View Posts: 1,198
Re: Harry Potter RP

"Isn't it obvious? I cast that curse because I was mad! I was mad at that blasted little furball who almost killed us, and I was mad at my dad. I was being a spoiled kid, and I can't afford to be that way. I'm too old for that, otherwise I wouldn't be here today...the fact that I reverted back to being a spoiled child is proof enough that I haven't experienced enough pain to avoid that. And I've experienced a hell of a lot, let me tell you..."

Matt shook his head again. "Now you listen. I've never had a brother, a sister, or anyone who was ever there for me when I needed them. Up until a couple years ago, I even had to work for my own food. I've lived most of my life without anyone's help but my own, so if you or anyone else want to abandon me, that's fine. I'll live. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I don't deserve anyone's company, nor do I need it. No, I have to earn the presence of others, or I won't truly appreciate it. So, don't feel like you need to do anything like be an interpreter just because I want to be her friend. If she doesn't want to be near me, well, that just means she's possessed of the same opinion as most of the human race, and who am I to argue with the majority? No, I have to earn her trust back, just like I have to earn Audrey's, and just like I had to punish myself for what I did to Audrey. If you can't understand that, then I'm afraid we have nothing to talk about."

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #1182 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672

Audrey came rushing out of the Library with her arms full of books and Puck trailing behind with her quill in his mouth. She saw Lori leaning against a wall and looking out the window. "Uh, what's wrong?" She balanced her books against the window sill and looked up at her friend.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1183 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,340

ooc: I was almost done. Then I hit backspace. AND THEN MY COMPUTER DECIDED I WANTED TO GO BACK A PAGE AND NOW I'M RETYPING EVERYTHING. Also, Davis POV was a bit of a ❤❤❤❤❤ to type because I didn't want to overshadow Matt, but at the same time I wanted to paint more of a picture for Lori and Davis without having them say it. All the while keeping Davis a very likeable person and character.

BiC: Davis couldn't help but feel incredibly frustrated with the boy. He had a hard life, there was no question about that. But he wasn't the only one who lead a hard life, there was plenty of other people.

Hell, if he really wanted to think about it, Lori's life, even though her non-nonchalant and happy-go-lucky attitude didn't show it, wasn't the most ideal. Although both of his parents raised him as a child, they didn't have the time to do the same for Lori.

Instead, he was left to raise his newborn sister; his mother was able to get a month off after Lori's birth and she had flexible hours where she would work from home for the next few months, but it didn't take long for her to be sucked right back into the office again leaving a five month old baby for Davis to take care of. Not that he ever felt angry at having to take care of his little sister. If anything, he felt bad for his mother (and father as well) for missing out on their daughter's childhood.

When he left for Hogwarts (she was only 11 months old at the time), grandma would come down and take care of Lori until Davis could come back during breaks and continue to raise her. This continued until Lori was three when grandmother died. From then on during the school year Lori would stay at their neighbor's house while Erin and James were at work.

Of course it was easier when Lori started going to muggle school, and the teachers could watch over her then.

However, there was times when the neighbor couldn't watch over Lori, and either James or Erin had to take the rambunctious child to work with them. Which had interesting results some of the times. Davis half dreaded to learn what sort of trouble his kid sister had managed to get herself into on those days.

Either way, there was a lot of people who had rough backgrounds and although Davis' upraising was ideal, it still bothered him when people got like how Matt was right now because he wanted to tell them everyone has it rough. But he didn't have the authority to say that. Because he in the strictest sense, didn't. And he knew that.

"Listen Matt," Davis said finally, gathering this thoughts. "You're a child. You lead a rough life, no doubt about it. You're allowed to make mistakes though. You're learning. However, what is childish, what makes you a spoiled brat, is beating yourself up with all this self loathing. And I'm not acting as an interpreter for your sake. I'm doing it for Lori's. Because she can get upset easily, and when she does she leaves so she doesn't say something that she'll regret. So, she leaves a lot of things unsaid.

Of course I can't speak on her behalf, because even though I understand, there are things only she can say. That she needs to say. I can only explain things she has trouble communicating in a way she wants to.

Also, what the majority thinks of you doesn't mean its necessarily true. You are falling into what they think you are instead of who actually are."

Lori was watching the clouds go by. She was cooling down from her outburst at the table, but she was still upset. Who did Matt think he was? Who did Matt think she was?

"Uh, what's wrong?" Audrey's voice broke her out of her revive and she looking up at her. Lori sighed, and scratched her head. Damn it, she was making people worry about her again.

"I'm just thinking," she said as if it were no big deal.

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 10:31 PM. Reason:
  #1184 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline

"How does taking responsibility for my actions when nobody else cares what happens to me childish? I don't see many others my age walking around thinking about how they should atone for their wrongdoings; rather, I see them contemplating how to perpetuate their mischief. And if that's the reason why you're being a translator, then by all means continue. Flamel knows I need help understanding her...in any case, what's the difference between who I am and who people think I am, anyways? What good is having honest intentions if nobody believes you? It's not like I'll ever stop trying to be a better person, but isn't the fact that nobody thinks so evidence that I'm not doing a good enough job? If anything, the facts show I need to be harder on myself!"

#1185 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm not sorry

Davis shook his head and gestured to Shaun who looked like he was near tears (if it was either by the debate between Matt and Davis or by Matt's sad story, nobody could honestly tell but Shaun himself) and Al who was looking torn by the whole thing.

"You have friends right here who care," Davis said. He turned to Shaun.

"You're Shaun right?" The boy nodded. "Right, Shaun here chewed out Lori something fierce for beating you up in the forest from what Lori tells me. Also, I don't need to be a mind reader to figure out Al, I believe, also cares about your well being.

And you said you owed Lori a huge debt for her helping you out despite her hating you. If that doesn't show she cares, I don't know what does.

To say nobody cares is to discount your friends and Lori. And that's not fair to anybody. You're not alone Matt, if you just look around you realize that people do care what happens to you. To say that nobody cares is hurting them.

And children your age don't go throwing curses at people within the first week of classes, sending them to the hospital wing. Of course, if I am to be fair, they also don't send them to the hospital wing beat up.

Also, this case may be a bit biased on my part, but let me ask you this. Is Lori a girl or a boy? Is she a delinquent or a person with good intentions?"

ooc: Yeah, because this has been mainly focusing on Matt and Davis, I decided to throw Shaun and Al into the action again. You're welcome.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #1186 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Drurrp

Audrey smiled and held an index card against her forehead. "Drug addicts, cupcakes, and Matt." She removed the card and looked at it. "What are three things that could cause Lori to be upset?"

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1187 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm not sorry

Lori looked at her curiously.

"How did you know that card said?" she asked, her musings momentarily forgotten. "Can you see things like Cassandra?"

BA Characters
  #1188 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:06 PM

Matt looked abashed. "I guess you're right. It just gets so hard sometimes, like the weight of the world is on my shoulders, and if I'm not perfect I might as well not exist..." He turned to Al and Shaun. "Sorry for ignoring you, mates. I really should appreciate you more..."

Turning back to Davis, he said, "Personally, I think Lori's a boy in a girl's body, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Also, I know she has good intentions...I just don't believe the same of anyone I don't know. I've found that keeps me from getting screwed. Besides, people prove themselves guilty more often than not as far as I've found."

#1189 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Drurrp

Audrey slapped her hand into her face. "Oh come on, I don't even own a TV and I know who Johnny Carson is!" She looked at her friend and sighed. "So where did you leave your brother?"

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1190 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm not sorry

Davis grins and points his finger at Matt.

"There we go," he said triumphantly. "That's the problem. Look, nobody is perfect. Not me. Not you. Not Shaun. Not Al. Not Lori. Nobody. To think you are, or even try to be, will only cause you pain. Instead of being perfect person, you should be the best you.

Also, the reason I asked you about Lori is that a majority of the people back at her muggle school was convinced she was a guy based on how she dressed and she acted, and a delinquent, or at least a troubled child, based on the number of fights she got in. That was who she was in their eyes.

But Lori is a girl. And she has the best intentions. She never let somebody else define her. So, neither should you.

I'm not trying to tell you how to live your life or anything, but I think you should look at it from a different angle. Not everybody is out to get you."

The fight between Matt and her came back to her mind again, and the relaxed features which had previously graced her face when Audrey arrived slid into a troubled frown.

"He's still in the Great Hall," she admitted, a bit abashedly. She knew leaving the table like that in a huff was childish, but she was afraid she was going to snap if she stayed there any longer. "With Matt, Al, Shaun and Cassandra."

"Actually, I'm here," Cassandra's voice surprised Lori as the Seer ran towards the Slytherian and the Gryffindor, panting out of breath.

BA Characters
  #1191 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:27 PM

Matt looked down and smiled to himself. "You're right. Thanks...I can see now why my parents wanted you as a son instead of me. You're a great older brother to Lori. Alright, I'll try to be the best me I can be, but I can't promise anything. I just hope she doesn't hate me for who I am."

#1192 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Drurrp

Audrey smiled at the new arrival and turned back to Lori. "Well, I'm sure he can handle himself. Your brother seemed very capable - at least from what I remember of him." She scratched her head as she tried to recall what he said during his speech. All she could honestly remember was the color of the inside of her eye lids.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1193 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm not sorry

Davis smiled gently.

"I'm sure she doesn't hate you for who you are," he assured Matt. He left out that she hates him for the way he acts. He just made progress, no way was he going to say something that just deletes it. Anyways, with any luck, Matt will stop exhibiting the personality traits which cause Lori so much grief. And then his sister would no longer be hurting anymore. It was a win-win really.

He folded his hands and looked at the three boys.

"So, Lori is probably going to come back soon," he told them. "Is there any questions I can answer while we wait?"

Lori smiled and nodded.

"Yeah," she said with a smile before a panicked look crossed her face. "Oh my god, what if he is showing them pictures of me as a kid?"

She was sure he had a picture of her in a dress of all things in his wallet.

ooc: OPEN SEASON FOR AL, SHAUN AND MATT TO ASK DAVIS ANYTHING.

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 11:43 PM. Reason:
  #1194 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Drurrp

"Oh no, Lori was once a baby!? Let us go and stop him before this heinous information gets out!" Audrey began collecting her books and waddling back towards the Dinning Hall in an exaggerated motion. Puck scampered at a normal pace beside her.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
Last Edited by Crackle; 02-13-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason:
  #1195 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 11:57 PM
I'm not sorry

"I feel she's making fun of me," Lori commented to Cassandra as she watched her friend go. Cassandra gave her a look.

"No," she replied sarcastically. Lori blinked in confusion and shrugged.

"Well if you say so," she said, following after Audrey, taking the top half of the pile of her books from her. Cassandra stood flabbergasted for a moment. She really worried about Lori sometimes.

With a resigned sigh, she followed the other two girls. At least there would be no running this time.

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason:
  #1196 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 12:02 AM

Matt grinned suddenly. "Got anything embarrassing about Lori you can tell us? If I'm gonna be myself around her, I'm gonna have to make fun of her every now and again, after all."

#1197 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm not sorry

Davis thought about it.

"She totally knits sweaters and what not," Davis said with a straight face. "And wears dresses when nobody is looking."

edit: Apparently big brothers don't use the word 'cute.' Whoops =X

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-13-2012 at 12:12 AM. Reason:
  #1198 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 12:13 AM

Matt's eyes almost bugged out of his head. "She knits? She wears dresses? I don't even think I could picture her doing either of those! Oh, this is brilliant!"

He pictured Lori wearing a dress, and smiled to himself. Just brilliant.

Matt turned to Shaun. "Imagine you telling her off while she was wearing a dress! I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face!" Shaun looked a little ashamed. "Wait, did you actually tell her off for punching me? I thought Davis was just saying that! Why would you do that? She didn't do anything wrong... it was my fault, after all!"

Last Edited by Gouyoku no Greed; 02-13-2012 at 12:19 AM. Reason:
  #1199 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Drurrp

OoC: Darn straight they don't! >=(

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
1 person liked this post: Ruki
  #1200 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-13-2012, 12:26 AM

OoC: I agree with Tank. I've never once called my little brother cute. It's far too much fun to publicly humiliate him instead

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

OoC: POST, FLUTTERSHY! POST! IT IS YOUR DEEESTINY

Tags
empire of the pony, o pony where art thou