Calendar Awards Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1161 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672
Re: Harry Potter RP

Audrey surrounded herself in old textbooks about muggle magic, rituals, and anything else Hogwarts didn't teach. She was fascinated by the books, though very confused. It was going to be a very, very, very long road ahead of her if she was going to make this work, but she was determined to prove herself a capable witch.

OoC: Just trying to make it clear she isn't in the Dinning Hall. =X

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
Last Edited by Crackle; 02-12-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason:
  #1162 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Digimon Ice Queen
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki

View Posts: 9,532

Lori was quite frankly flummoxed as what to do when Matt and Shaun joined the small group. She felt most comfortable around Audrey, Al and Cassandra. Even though she did her best to act non-nonchalant, Davis saw through her and gave her a soft smile before addressing the new comers.

"Hello," he greeted them gently.

ooc: Wait, how does Shaun know its Lori's birthday coming up. Davis told the Gryffindor and Ravenclaws, and Lori told Audrey.

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason:
  #1163 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 01:55 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
View Posts: 1,198

Matt waved at Davis. "Yo. So, you're Lori's brother? Can you talk some sense into her? She's been keeping her distance from me lately, and it's getting on my bloody nerves! I'm even making a birthday present for her!"

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
  #1164 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

Davis chuckled a bit and shook his head as Lori growled. She didn't tell anybody it was her birthday because she didn't want a big production out of the matter! And she didn't want her friends to think they had to get her anything.

And the fact that Matt was acting like he was doing her some sort of favor by getting her a birthday present was pissing her off. It was like he was trying to buy her off or something.

"I'm assuming you're Matt," Davis said as he rested his head on his hands, studying Matt intently. "Tell me something, what exactly do you think of my little sister?"

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #1165 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline

Matt didn't even hesitate. "What do I think of her? I think she's a bloody-minded stubborn idiot who can't see past her own nose. That said, she's one of the best friends I've ever had, and she helped me through a...difficult time, even though she hates me. So, basically, I owe her more than I can ever repay, but that won't stop me from trying. That good enough for you?" The look on Matt's face was fierce, and it dared Davis to try and keep him from trying to settle his debt with Lori.

#1166 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

Davis barked out laughing as Lori wasn't sure if she should punch him or not. Who was he calling an idiot who can't see past her own nose? And how the hell did she become his best friend?!

"He just opened Pandora's Box," Cassandra muttered low enough so only Lori could really hear. Lori felt inclined to agree. Even she knew how protective her big brother was of her. Which is why she wanted to get stronger, so he wouldn't have to worry about her anymore.

"My little sister is a lot more intelligent then you are giving her credit for," Davis said finally after his laughter subsided. "Yes, she is incredibly stubborn but at the same time she is incredibly forgiving within reason as well. And she gets into countless fights, as I'm assuming you can account for, but her heart is in the right place." Davis affectionately rubbed Lori's head before continuing.

"Besides, what makes you think she wants to be repaid? Lori does things she feels they are the right thing to do. She doesn't do them so people can 'pay her back,' that's for sure." He looked at Lori, silently telling her to speak up.

"I'm going to be a hero," she announced. "And heroes don't hold debts."

"See?" It made perfect sense to him, but when people heard her talk like that without understanding her fully, they tended to get confused. She really was more well spoken when she wrote then when she spoke. She could gather and expand her thoughts then.

BA Characters
  #1167 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 02:37 PM

Matt shook his head. "I know she's smarter than she likes to pretend, and I know she doesn't want me to repay my debt to her. Thing is, I want to, and I won't feel right until I do. It's not because I'm obligated to, but because I can't articulate exactly how grateful I am to her. If she has a perfect right to refuse a debt, I have a perfect right to insist I try to pay it back if I really want to, no? She doesn't need to accept it. I just want to try."

#1168 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

Lori slammed her hands on the table. Who was pretending?! She worked for the grades she got. [Except flying. Flying was like breathing to her.] If she really was that intelligent, she would be having a much easier time in classes.

"I don't accept debts damn it!" She growled, standing up. "I don't want people to feel like they owe me anything. And I'm not pretending, so stop saying that I am."

Clenching her fists, she turned tail and stormed away. She needed a breath of fresh air at this moment. Cassandra looked at Davis and stood up.

"I'll go after her," she said quietly. "I'll be right back."

With that, she left as Davis sighed and shook his head.

"That was a bad choice in words," he told Matt, before sweeping his eyes over the three first year boys who were left-all from houses outside of Gryffindor. Out of all three, there was only one who Lori seemed to be getting along with perfectly. He wasn't quite sure what to make out of his situation. Should he try to intervene out of Lori's behalf, or should he let her handle things?

Lori was strong and pulled through countless conflicts before, but he still worried.

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason:
  #1169 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 02:54 PM

Matt groaned and put his head on the table with his hands behind his head. "Damnit, why does she always hear the wrong bloody thing? I was paying her a compliment, for Flamel's sake! Ughhh..."

#1170 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

"She's honest and straightforward, although she struggles with expressing with what she wants to say at times," Davis explained softly. "The normal definition for pretend that we use is to appear falsely. What she heard was you said that she was pretending to be something she wasn't.

Don't get me wrong, she is intelligent. She isn't fully aware of the fact yet. Or rather she bases intelligence on how easy things like academics come to a person. They really don't come easy to her, and she has to put in an honest effort in."

ooc: For those who are confused on what Davis is trying to say, and Lori's character. Lori is an idiot in the sense she doesn't think. Which is why she has pet McGonagall twice, and has the reactions she does. But in the term of academics, she has the ability of getting good grades if she works for it. I already alluded to this in DADA. However, this won't become more apparent until fourth year when she firmly decides to become an Auror and she starts working for her grades.

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason:
  #1171 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 03:05 PM

Head still buried in his hands, Matt replied somewhat impatiently, "Yes, yes I know that already. She's a lot smarter than me in ways she just won't acknowledge. I was just trying to say it in a funny way so it wasn't as awkward..."

He looked up at Davis and asked, "How is it you understand her so well? What do you do? I mean, you're her big brother. You should know why she thinks the way she does, right?"

Last Edited by Gouyoku no Greed; 02-12-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason:
  #1172 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

Davis leaned back and sighed.

"Well, I'm her big brother, yes, that helps," he said slowly. "But it can be also due to the fact I've played a big part in her life. Both our parents work, so I pretty much raised and looked after her so they could support us. And when you are watching somebody for all their lives, their actions make perfect sense because you know the reason behind them.

Even so, I don't think Lori is that hard to figure out. She tends to wear her heart on her sleeve, although she tries her best to hide it when she is hurting because 'heroes aren't supposed hurt.' No idea where she got that idea from. Even the superheroes from the comic books I read her hurt."

BA Characters
  #1173 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 03:18 PM

"But, if she wears her heart on her sleeve, why is she acting nice to me but keeping her distance? That's not like someone whose every feeling is on display!"

#1174 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

"You said she hates you correct?" Davis explained. "Well, if she said that, she does. And you probably aren't going to like hearing this, but if she hates you, you seriously messed up somehow in her eyes. And I heard what had happened, and just to let you know, you messed up real bad.

But if you aren't acting like a prat to her, she'll be nice back. She isn't malicious. Despite what a lot of people have thought of her over the ages, she doesn't pick fights. Every single time she has gotten into a fight, it was her reaction from something else someone did to her or somebody else.

So, with that in mind, it makes perfect sense. She hates you, so she doesn't want to be around you. But if you aren't being a prat to her, she'll be nice to you."

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason:
  #1175 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 03:31 PM

Matt hit his head on the table again with a thud. "Oh. Is that all? Well then that's just bloody perfect. One of my only friends in the world hates me, and there's nothing I can do. It was an accident...I didn't mean to...and I punished myself for it too! How can she hate me more than I hate myself...?"

#1176 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

"The fact you hate yourself and punished yourself pisses her off," Davis said matter-o-factly. "She hates it when people are like that. The guy who tried to kill her killed himself while waiting for trial instead of facing his charges like a man. Between what she told me happened at the forest, and what you are doing now, you are batting three for three right now."

BA Characters
  #1177 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Matt looked up at Davis again, frustrated. "Well, then, what was I SUPPOSED to do? Just pretend I did nothing wrong?!? I CURSED my friend! There's no punishment harsh enough, and nobody would give it to me...so I had to give it to myself...how can she hate me for that?!?"

#1178 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

"Well, she broke your nose and gave you a black eye," Davis replied, rather amused. "But trying to punish yourself isn't the answer. What you should of done, what you should do, is acknowledge you did it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

She views your actions as running away from the issue at hand instead of staring them in the eye.

Plus, you should start trying to make amends with the girl you cursed. Not Lori."

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason:
  #1179 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 05:25 PM

"I should have known you wouldn't understand. You're her brother after all. If murderers acknowledged what they did and promised they wouldn't do it again, would they still go to jail? Of course. Acknowledgement isn't enough. I need to make myself feel so much pain that I'll never even dream of making the same mistake ever again if I'm to trust myself. You can't stare your own problems in the eye harder than that. And I AM trying to make amends with Audrey, too. She likes me even less than Lori, though...Oh, why am I even telling this to you? You'll just take her side anyways, and I'll be alone again."

#1180 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Digimon Ice Queen

"If Lori was here right now, she'd punch you right in the face again," Davis told Matt seriously. "You say you've accepted the fact, but have you really? You are hating yourself because you did what you did. But why did you do it? And don't give some bull♥♥♥♥ excuse either. I want you to tell me exactly why you cast that curse."

Davis groaned and rubbed his temples.

"Listen, Lori is my sister," he said. "She means everything to me. But I'm not going to turn my back on you or anybody else either. Lori has difficulty expressing herself in a way that not everybody can understand. But at the same time, once you understand what she is trying to say, what she's saying becomes painfully obvious. Right now, I'm trying to act as the interpreter."

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-12-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason:

Tags
empire of the pony, o pony where art thou