Calendar Awards Forum Leaders List Members List FAQ
Advertisement

Reply Thread is Locked!
This thread is currently closed from further posting.

$ LinkBack Thread Tools

#1101 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm not sorry
Send a message via AIM to Ruki Send a message via Skype™ to Ruki
Steam ID: lunarhero

View Posts: 10,650
Re: Harry Potter RP

"Still," Lori argued. "85 percent of the class. I mean I'm no math wizard, but that's like over half the class. And that's a lot."

Jack Brant and Joker drawn by Chibi
Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #1102 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2012, 11:17 PM
Drurrp
View Posts: 672

"Watch out, we've got a math genius over here!" Audrey quickly clamped her hand over the pooka's mouth and gave him a sour look.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1103 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm not sorry

"Thank you!" Lori said beaming. "Your puma is very nice Audrey. You're raising it well."

Rakshael: if I know one thing about Ruki, it's that she'll prove you wrong just for the sake of saying she did it
BA Characters
  #1104 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Drurrp

Audrey was surprised by Lori's reaction. She released his muzzle and began stroking his head. "Pooka." She corrected. "His name is Puck. He's actually quite old. I don't think he would have decided to stay with me if he was younger."

"Free room and board; why wouldn't I take advantage?" Puck squeaked. "And there is sooo much to do here. I've already rearranged the room with all those cauldrons. Kekeke." He managed to smile, even with his weasel appearance.

"Uh, cauldrons? The Potions Lab?" An expression of worry stretched over Audrey's face.

The weasel nodded. "I suppose so. Moved everything in those drawers around. It was hard work, but wont it be worth it?"

Audrey grabbed Lori's arm. "We have to fix this. If someone doesn't know they have the wrong ingredient the room could blow up! ... Again!"

Lori shook her head and stood up. "No one will out due my explosion! To the Potions Room!" She took off running with Audrey following behind.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1105 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm not sorry

The trio headed towards the Potions lab. On the way there, they ran into Prof. McGonagall in her cat form. Prof. McGonagall liked to roam the halls of Hogwarts as a cat sometimes because she could sneak around rather unnoticed. Unfortunately for the head of the Gryffindor house, she just had to run into the school idiot.

"KITTY!" Lori squealed as she rushed forward to pet their professor.

"NO!" Cassandra and Audrey yelled, but it was too late. Lori was cradling their professor and stroking her fur. Prof. McGonagall was in utter shock. This was the second time in the course of her life time she got petted by one of her students. And it just so happened to be by the same student who managed to make the biggest ruckus ever since she got here.

Squirming out of Lori's grip. She landed on the floor and transformed back into her human self. Cassandra and Audrey were trying their utmost not to be seen by the Transfiguration teacher.

"...You are very cuddly ma'am," Lori said finally. Prof. McGonagall wasn't quite sure to make of this child. She had a distinct feeling she couldn't be in her cat form anywhere near this girl.

BA Characters
  #1106 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Drurrp

Prof. McGonagall decided it was best to show no fear in front of this strange child. She adjusted her robes and looked down at Lori. "Where do you think you are going?"

"Well you see we were going to the Potions Room because this poo-" Lori was tackled by Cassandra before she could finish.

Prof. McGonagall did not want to repeat the word "pooh," and was concerned these girls were about to play some sort of horrible prank. "We will not be having any of that! Just because a pot looks like a chamber pot and smells like a chamber pot does not make it a chamber pot!" Her face was scarlet.

"Uh, no ma'am! She was trying to say . . . Um. She left her books in the Potions Room and she needs to get them."

Prof. McGonagall gave a quizical look. "Then why would she say - uh - that word?"

Cassandra thought for a moment. "Because she's an idiot?"

The professor did not move, which made the girls' heart beats grow faster. Finally Prof. McGonagall nodded. "She does seem like a ... troubled child. Hurry along and get your books."

Cassandra thanked her and the three girls scurried on by.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1107 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 01:03 AM
I'm not sorry

As the trio ran away, Lori gave Cassandra a dirty glare.

"Whose an idiot?" she asked. Cassandra snorted.

"Lori, this is the second time you went ahead and petted the head of our house," Cassandra pointed out. "If that doesn't make you an idiot, I don't know what does."

They managed to get to the Potions rooms without any other further complications (besides Cassandra and Lori bickering over who was an idiot), and they looked around the room. Lori honestly couldn't tell what was different. Then again she was asleep during lectures, so she wouldn't really know.

"What did you move exactly?" Audrey asked the little furball. The pooka turned his nose upwards.

"Hmph," he said. "Not telling." Audrey gave the pooka a stern glance, but it wouldn't yield. Cassandra, never one for patience, was already rifling through a book in the cabinet.

"Ok guys," she said. "I got the book with all the plant names. I'll read out the ingredient, and you put them in the right place. You think you can do that without blowing up the place Lori?"

"I feel insulted you would insinuate such a thing."

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-09-2012 at 01:04 AM. Reason:
  #1108 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 01:45 AM
Drurrp

Lori and Audrey began opening all of the drawers that contained ingredients. They each pulled out a small case and opened it to see what was inside.

"Give me a description, guys." Cassandra called out from her place at the books.

"Um. Blue flower, black stem." Lori picked up one of the flowers to examine it.

After some page flipping Cassandra responded, "That's a Moly!"

"Good!" Lori looked for the 'Moly' label and put the case in its proper place. "One down, a Hell of a lot to go!"

This continued for a while; Lori and Audrey gave descriptions and placed the flowers on which ever shelf Cassandra told them. All was going well until Audrey tried to place Black Mallow flowers were Lori had just placed Blackthorn flowers. The girls paused as they tried to think of what this meant.

"Maybe we should have given better descriptions?" Audrey suggested as she looked down at her box.

Cassandra closed her book. She let out a harsh sigh and rubbed her temples. "Did you ever think maybe they were never out of order to begin with?"

Audrey froze. How had she been so oblivious? Having the girls disorganize the shelves would be a much better prank to play than having him do it himself. She marched over to the pooka and picked him up by the scruff of his neck.

"Aw man, you figured it out!" The little weasel looked downtrodden.

Audrey took him over to the shelves and placed him on the desk. "You're a crafty little devil, but you lost this round. Now help us make everything right."

"Or what?" Puck was determined not to be undermined by three eleven-year-old girls.

"No more warm bed!" Audrey said.

"So what? I'll live in the walls. I've done that before." Puck looked away.

"No more free food!" Audrey leaned in close.

"Pft, I can hunt. I'm still a predator you know." Puck closed his eyes.

Audrey grinned. "No more cup cakes, or belly rubs, or night time lullaby!"

Puck tried to remain strong, but he cracked. He made a whimpering sound. "What a cheap threat!"

Lori slammed down on the desk enthusiastically. "So you'll help?"

The weasel nodded and motioned to the boxes with his paw. "Let me see them and I'll tell you where they go."

Cassandra leaned over to Audrey and whispered, "Can we trust him?"

"Hey, you don't live 79 years in a forest and not learn a thing or two about plants." Puck huffed at her.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1109 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm not sorry

"Wow you're old," Lori said impressed. "Should I call you Grandpa Puck?" She paused, letting that roll around in her mind before laughing. Grandpa Puck. Hilarious.

"Very funny," Puck shot back, somewhat annoyed. "Now do you want my help or not?"

"I thought Audrey already blackmailed you into helping us though," Cassandra pointed out.

"Hmph. Just put that Moly back right up there on the shelf will you?"

For the next 30 minutes under Puck's guidance, the girls managed to put everything away. They had put the last thing away when Slughorn walked into the room. He just stared at them before beaming.

"Wow!" He exclaimed. "I'm impressed Lori! You decided to come down here and get started on your detention on your own. And Cassandra and Audrey, you came to help out. You're such good friends. You know what, five points to Gryffindor and Slytherian."

There was quick, confused looks exchanged between the trio before they decided just to keep their mouths shut and let Slughorn believe whatever he wanted.

"You know what Lori," he announced. "Despite you causing trouble around the rest of the school, you've been very good about coming to detention and not complaining about it." He looked at the other two girls.

"You all did really," he told them with a firm nod of his head. "So, to celebrate you won't have detention tomorrow. Instead we'll have a party. We'll invite Mr. Evanson of course, he shouldn't be left out. You know what! Invite all your friends! We'll have a grand ol' time."

Nodding his head, very pleased with himself, he hobbled out of the room.

"See you tomorrow girls!"

There was an awkward silence before Lori broke it.

"You know we left right in the middle of me eating," she announced. "And I'm still hungry. Let's go back to the Great Hall."

ooc: If the guys want to go and do something, they have plenty of time to do it. The girls are going back to the Great Hall because Lori is a glutton.

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-09-2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason:
  #1110 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline
Steam ID: kyuubi325
View Posts: 1,198

OoC: Referencing A Midsummer Night's Dream? I'm impressed

BiC: Matt sat at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall, slowly picking at the food he had on his plate. There was absolutely nothing in the world that could break him out of this depression. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a familiar-looking Slytherin girl walking up to him.

"Hey, Ravenclaw. Beat it. Don't you know you're at the wrong tab- hey...haven't I seen you before? You're that guy who's friends with my idiot brother! How do you like that scar he gave you?!?" Liz burst into laughter, obviously finding her own comment hilarious. When Matt didn't emote in the slightest, she furrowed her brow and tried harder. "You know, I hear you're friends with that Mudblood too. Tell me, does his skin really feel like slime? Is he retarded? Come on, you can tell m- URK!"

Liz cut off as, without warning, Matt grabbed her by the throat, shoved her to the table, and pointed his wand directly at her eye. "You EVER call my friend a name like that again, and I WILL end you. DO YOU HEAR ME, YOU STUPID ♥♥♥♥?!? I WILL END YOU!" He released her before any of the Slytherins could react, and started to walk away, Liz coughing violently behind him. Stopping, he turned around. "Oh, I almost forgot. You're going to want to leave Al alone. I don't care if you're his sister, if you ever bother him again, I won't give you the time to pray to whatever evil deity it is you worship." He turned around and walked out of the Great Hall, and to anyone who saw him, they'd say a fire was lit in his eyes. Matt bloody Cabrera was back.

Whispering in My Ear|Ivellios Nailo
1 person liked this post: Fluttershy
  #1111 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Drurrp

OoC: Puck is actually a name for all mischievous Earth spirits, including pooka. I figured he would just name himself after what he was - why get fancy when there is no one around to call you by it? Though if I did reference A Midsummer Night's Dream I would have named him Goodfellow. I like that name a lot. =D

BiC: Audrey looked over her shoulder to watch Matt's outburst. She sighed and went back to poking at her asparagus. His temper was easier to witness than his childish whimpering, but it meant there was going to be a long road ahead of both of them. That is, so long as he really did want to get along with her.

Her eyes widened. "Why would he sit at the Slytherin table? Out of all the Houses, they hate him the most!"

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
Last Edited by Crackle; 02-09-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason:
  #1112 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Gouyoku no Greed Gouyoku no Greed is a male United States Gouyoku no Greed is offline

OoC: I think Puck's a better name personally, it's got a lot of mischievousness tied to it. Also, childish? Children generally aren't suicidal ><

Last Edited by Gouyoku no Greed; 02-09-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason:
  #1113 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Drurrp

OoC: Childish also means silly, and that's how Audrey saw his behavior.

Rawr rawr rawr!

Dr. Watkins
  #1114 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 05:52 PM

OoC: Ah, I see...

#1115 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 10:53 PM
I'm not sorry

The month passed rather quickly for Lori. The first paper they had to hand in for Transfiguration, Lori was forced to rewrite it in front of McGonagall because the Transfiguration teacher refused to believe that anything Lori would hand in could be that well written.

Lori was forced to remind her that her mother was a journalist and made sure she could write well.

This repeated a few more times for some of her other classes.

She shocked even more students though when she got the top grade for the History of Magic paper on the goblin rebellions. Nobody could understand it. Nobody could understand how anybody could learn anything in that class, let alone Lori.

The students were finally getting the hang of flying too. Now only half of the students needed remedial flying lessons. Madam Hooch was ecstatic. She figured by the end of the year they could be flying around like decent witches and wizards and not put the name of magic to shame. That was one stereotype about witches and wizards she was determined to keep. She didn't care if they could fly like pros. She just cared that they could get from point A to point B at a reasonable pace without crashing into something in between.

Lori no longer was forced to go to her anger management classes, but she still would ask Madam Hooch if she could fly around the school. Madam Hooch would allow her to under her watchful eye. She would also have Lori test run a few courses for the upcoming lessons, the two working together trying to figure out what would be a fair course that would both test the students but wouldn't be obnoxiously difficult for them to complete. This was easier said then done.

She hadn't gotten into any more trouble since the incident with Matt, and students were becoming less afraid of her. It had become a test of courage for some students to see how long they could hold a conversation with Lori. The longest was five minutes.

They typically ended because either the student was too nervous to talk, or Lori would get bored and leave.

Things were back to normal with Matt mostly. Matt was being very nice towards her (and she wasn't sure if it was because he thought she would punch his face in if he said something that could possibly upset her which wasn't true) and in turn she was being polite back towards him. Just because she hated him doesn't mean she was a ❤❤❤❤❤. He had also been trying to make amends with Audrey. Like Lori, Audrey was being very nice towards Matt, but Lori wasn't quite sure how much she still harbored a dislike for the boy. (Although, the Slytherians had been making rather snide comments within hearing range about Matt, as well as out right insulting him. Lori had originally thought it was because of Matt attacking Audrey, but Audrey had told her it wasn't just that; he had threatened Liz at wandpoint. If there was one thing the Slytherians and the Gryffindors held in common it was their pack mentality.)

As for everyone else, Lori and Shaun were talking again. Even though Lori had forgiven Shaun and told him not to worry about it, she still felt odd around him.

It wasn't so much the fact that he had said she was a coward, or that he said he hated her (and even though he said he liked her later, she wasn't quite sure how much of that was true or if it was just Shaun feeling guilty, but she wasn't about to look a gift-horse in the mouth). It was the fact that he thought everything between Matt and her was her fault, and she was some sort of delinquent.

The fact that the good majority of the school thought she was a delinquent bothered her. Not that she didn't do anything to deserve that notion, but she didn't think that breaking a guy's nose and giving him a black eye after seeing him curse a friend (no matter how accidental it was) made her a delinquent by any means. Unless they were counting the lab explosion as well, but that wasn't on purpose, so she didn't know why they would. Lori felt all things considering, she had been rather tame.

Finally it was Oct. 9. Her birthday would be in a few days (although she had yet to tell anyone that) and she would finally be turning 12. The Ravenclaws and the Gryffindors had just gotten out of Potions (which Lori had slept through because Slughorn was off on another boring lecture about something-Cassandra typically filled her in later) and were heading off towards Defense Against the Dark Arts.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was one of Lori's favorite and best subjects. She had done her very best to pay attention and work hard in the class, and it was paying off. She figured she would need to know this stuff if she was to protect everyone from bad people.

Lori had taken her usual seat between Cassandra and Al. For some reason, Prof. Merrythought was very excited this morning. Maybe they were learning something interesting? Or maybe something good happened to the teacher. Either way Lori was very excited to find out.

"Class," she said once everyone had sat down. "Today we have a guest speaker." There was an excited murmuring around the class. Lori perked up. A guest speaker? In Defense Against the Dark Arts? They must be super cool and awesome if they were a guest speaker in this class.

"Today's guest speaker graduated from Hogwarts three ago from Gryffindor," Prof. Merrythought began. Lori blinked, confused. That's odd, so did Davis. Maybe he knew her brother? "He was Head Boy, Captain of the Quidditch Team and was third of his entire class."

It sounded exactly like Davis.

"Now he is a curse breaker for Gringotts, and now I introduce," Prof. Merrythought paused dramatically as she gestured for the door. Inside walked a young man with bright blue eyes and short brown hair that was sticking out in every direction (but in a way that looked good) and had very tan skin.

Any thought in Lori's brain just came to a screeching halt.

"Davis Sevola!"

Davis just gave a kind smile to the class and waved, and Lori could feel everyone's eyes slowly pivot her way.

What the hell was going on?

Spoiler:  

Base for Davis:

Because David Tennant is cool

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-09-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason:
  #1116 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 11:16 PM

The month went by mostly uneventfully for Matt. Having regained his mental stability, he set out trying to make friends with Audrey and Lori again. He was fairly encouraged with his progress, but he still felt they kept a certain distance around him. As for Cassandra, he continually tried to show her he wasn't a show-off, but met with little success.

In his down time, he helped Shaun and Al as much as he could with spells and potions, as well as offering private lessons for Audrey with spellwork whenever he got the opportunity.

When none of that was available, he whiled away the hours learning Latin, polishing his spellwork, and refining his walking stick, which now was more like a black quarterstaff, completely smooth and polished.

He had also seen many of the other students' pets, and was thinking of getting his own. Something small, energetic, and mischievous. So far the best he could think of was a ferret, but he knew that would be too energetic for him.

When not around teachers or in the dorms, he constantly looked over his shoulder to make sure no Slytherins attempted retribution on him for accidentally cursing Audrey and threatening Liz. That ❤❤❤❤❤ had it coming though...calling Shaun a Mudblood. Matt had never been so furious in his life. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was when people talked ♥♥♥♥ about his mates.

After a while, he stopped being so cautious about Slytherins, since they didn't make even the slightest attempt to get payback in the entire month. They just insulted him publicly. He could deal with that. They didn't have jack ♥♥♥♥ on him, after all, and they weren't going to if he could help it.

Matt was told he didn't need to go to anger management with Slughorn anymore, either, but he kept going anyways, mostly because he loved potions so much. Besides, it never hurt to get to know your professors better, and it became a habit. So, every Sunday, he would wake up bright and early to visit the Potions classroom to decompress before the next week started.

As for dueling, Matt was looking into advanced techniques. He wanted to utilize his fake wand, but he was unsure as to how. He knew already he could take it out as a decoy, and use his real one once his opponent thought him to be defenseless, but he wanted to incorporate luck somehow. His first idea was to throw his wand up in the air and point the fake one at his opponent, and cast the spell through his real wand to throw them off. However, he had not been able to get any of the professors to talk to him about how to cast without touching his wand. "You're too young to be thinking of such things," was their most common reply. So, instead, he worked on casting two spells as close together as possible by increasing the speed of his diction.

So, because of that, Matt was looking forward to Defense Against the Dark Arts this week with gusto. He really wanted to learn as much as he could as fast as he could. There are few words, however, that can describe how surprised Matt was when he found out that the visitor to the day's class was Davis Sevola, or as he knew him, "that bloody bloke my parent's keep ragging on about." Even worse was that this poster child of being a perfect son was Lori's brother, a connection he never really made in his mind due to how different the two were from each other.

Matt just stared. Wait, that Davis Sevola is Lori's brother?!? But...they're so different! He's a straight-laced bloke! Hell, Dad even said on several occasions he was someone I should look up to, and Mum...used to say she wished he was her son instead...How can someone like that be HER brother? It's...inconceivable!!

He leaned across Al to look at Lori. "HE's your brother? What the bloody hell? I haven't seen a more different pair of siblings in my entire life!"

Last Edited by Gouyoku no Greed; 02-09-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason:
  #1117 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm not sorry

Lori twitched a bit about Matt's comment of Davis and her being different as night and day. She was well aware on how superior her brother was to her and really didn't like to be reminded of the fact. She was working hard so she could be somebody that could stand next to her brother in pride. He was her idol, and she didn't want to let him down.

"Yes, Lori is my little sister," It was Davis who answered, not Lori. Everyone looked at Davis in shock. He gave a kind smile to them all, and Lori didn't have to look around to know he made a few girls blush. He was very good looking -it was one of the few traits the two did share in common if Lori could say so herself. "And if I do say so myself, we are more similar then we are different."

In addition to bringing an embarrassed blush to Lori's face, a lot of girls around the room gave a loud 'aw.' Girls dig guys who stand up for their little sisters.

"Anyways, I'm here to talk about the profession of curse breaking," Davis continued. "If you want to talk to me after class about anything, I'm going to be visiting for the next few days."

There was excited murmuring around the class. Lori tilted her head in confusion. Something wasn't adding up, but Davis had launched into his presentation and she didn't want to interrupt her brother to ask. She would just ask after class.

ooc: Oh! Hufflepuffs and Slytherians would meet Davis first because they have DADA first period Monday.

BA Characters
Last Edited by Ruki; 02-09-2012 at 11:38 PM. Reason:
  #1118 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 PM

For once, Matt raised his hand. He even looked shocked, himself, that he would be so polite. Something about this guy just made him want to be better than usual.

"Yes?" Davis asked.

"Uh...yeah. What exactly is curse-breaking defined as? Do you fight them as they're cast, or do you hunt them down and break them after they've been cast on an item? I'd imagine the latter, seeing as you work at Gringott's..."

#1119 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2012, 12:03 AM
I'm not sorry

Davis smiled kindly at Matt.

"That's a good question," he said as he started drawing on the chalkboard, explaining as he went. "A curse breaker is a wizard or a witch that disables or counters curses in ancient tombs or other historical sites to bring gold back to Gringotts.

To be a curse breaker you need an O.W.L in Arthmancy and a N.E.W.T in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Potions, Transfiguration, Charms and Ancient Ruins.

Also to be a curse breaker, you have to know a lot of history for ancient civilizations concerning muggles due to the deep intertwine of muggles and wizards during that time. There have been numerous curse breakers who got a cover job as a muggle archeologist, myself included. Just last year I completed my degree at the muggle university of Oxford in the study of ancient history." Davis paused and looked around the room.

"The more credentials you have as a curse breaker, the more you can do," he said. "But it's very important to know, it's a dangerous job despite how interesting it is."

BA Characters
  #1120 (permalink)   [ ]
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 AM

Wow, that really does sound interesting...I never knew history could sound so...fun.

"Uhh, well I'm thinking of being an Auror. Any advice you can give? Or are the two not really related?"

Tags
empire of the pony, o pony where art thou